Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #1  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! I'm up early because four teenagers were walking down the middle of the street screaming this morning at 6:45. Our bedroom faces kind of a busy side street. Oh well, kids will be kids. I've got an easy day today and I'm kind of happy about that. More TV, a little laundry, and cooking dinner. Jim requested the Chicken Cacciatore again so that tells you how good it was. What will you all be doing on your Sunday. Kathy we know you'll be at work.

Kathy, my Mom was in the hospital for a week, I think but it was a long time ago. They sure don't mess around do they? I'm glad the Doctors are happy with her progress. If she's anything like my Mom she'll feel a million times better now that she's getting some oxygen to her body! Tell her that your friends wish her well.

Hey Melissa! My pups always hated the kennels too. I finally found one at the end for my previous Scottie before we moved here that was more like a hotel. Even that one didn't make him too happy.

Sandra, I think I had to take the medicine for either 20 or 30 days every day for it to work. I can't remember how long the course was but it took 2 full courses of the medicine for it to work. Once it did, though, it never came back. I'm thankful. I'm glad your treatment worked because it's not fun at all to be dizzy like that!

Curtis, Happy Birthday to you! I hope Sandra buys you lots of presents. She didn't tell us what kind of cake she was making for you but I'm sure it will be your favorite. Have a great day and many more birthdays!

I'm off to surf a bit!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

My dad had bypass surgery in '83 when Erin was just a few weeks old. Their heat had gone out in their house (which I think contributed to the problems) and it was right before Christmas; he was trying to wait until after Christmas and didn't say anything, but on Christmas Eve he went to the doctor who put him in the hospital straightaway. He had surgery the next week, was in ICU for another week, in the hospital for TWO weeks ... and recuperated at home for at least another month or so. They told my mom she could go back to work in three weeks and she's all excited about that. She's 75 and works fulltime ... probably not so much because she wants to but because she HAS to. My dad also works fulltime at 75. We are a family of non-sitter-arounders.

I went to two grocery stores early this morning, one for us and the other for breakroom snacks. Went home and put it all up, then got ready and came on to work. I should have brought more food but figured I could rely on what's in my overhead compartment. Uh, no ... I have tuna, cheerios, and popcorn. I guess I'll make a meal out of that but since I have no milk, I'll pass on the cheerios.

I plan to leave at 4 and will go home to make my soup, do laundry and get food lined up for this week's lunches. Hopefully I can get done by 8 when Desperate Housewives comes on. I really need to do a few minutes of resting before the 11-12 hour days start back up tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2006, 12:08 PM   #3  
focused and aiming

good morning, chickies. today's curtis' birthday. last night he was talking about going to famous dave's for lunch. this morning he woke up talking about going to cracker barrel because it's lower in pts. i didn't have to say anything. i was hoping for cracker barrel. i'm proud of him for making a healthy choice.

vickie, i am to call the doctor wed to give her an update. i'll talk to her about the meclizine then. my primary care physician wrote me a prescription but i didn't fill it. curtis had some already on hand so that's what i took. i'll see if she wants me to take it. thanks for telling me about it. you're nicer than we are. curtis would have had the window open hollering at those teens.

thank you for the birthday wishes for curtis. i'll pass it on to him. it will make him feel good. he wanted chocolate covered almonds instead of cake, so i bought him some yesterday. his birthday will be pretty low key. we'll have lunch with his mom and then probably spend the evening up in the hills with nature. i was wishing he'd want a cake so i'd have an excuse to eat it. oh, well. he's in the kitchen now going through cabella's catalog. i think he'll pick out something from there. he says he doesn't want gifts but if he finds something he wants in the catalog, we'll order it.

kathy, we always watched desperate housewives till halfway through last week's episode. curtis lost his wife before me to lou gehrig's disease. it really bothers him to see folks in comas or on life supports. guess we'll have to mark that show off our list at least for now.

my weight was down today. i'm heading over to change my tracker. life is good. my goal is to lose 40 lbs before we go to texas. i am down 27 now.
Old 10-01-2006, 01:14 PM   #4  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Congrats on the loss Sandra - you are doing great! And a very happy birthday to Curtis - hope he has a great day - and that you both enjoy your lunch out!

Quote:
I'm up early because four teenagers were walking down the middle of the street screaming this morning at 6:45. Our bedroom faces kind of a busy side street. Oh well, kids will be kids.
Are you sure they were teenagers? In my experience I rarely see teenagers awake before noon at my place - let alone walking outside and making noise Hope you can get a nap in today! How's the ankle??

Kathy - I think tuna/cheerios/popcorn casserole sounds like a great idea for lunch! YUMYUM. Glad to hear you Mother is doing so well! And at her age too - sounds like the surgery was a success! My mom was in ICU for severals days then in the hospital for at least another week!

How is Shaun's room cleanup coming along?

Melissa - glad you could drop by - hope you are Aaron are doing okay - check in when you can!

I am feeling gloomy today - to match the gray and rainy day out there? We had a fun day yesterday tho! Went to chinatown for lunch with dh and litte ds then to a movie (Open Season) with popcorn and drinks. Had a little nap when we got home, and headed over to Sherri's house to visit w/gf from Toronto. They had just finished dinner - and we had dessert there. I brought over my cd w/cruise pics - but sherri and her dh are kinda sick - coming down w/colds so we were like sanitizing our hands as we walked out the door ! (hope they didn't see us!)

Today I am preparing for Yom Kippur - we start our fast sundown tonight (approx 6:30 pm) and no food or water until sundown tomorrow night! I am defrosting a chicken now, and we still have LO roast beef - will make potatoes, green beans, salad, and will pick up something for dessert?

Later,

Frouf
Old 10-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #5  
Melissa

OK I PROMISE that I will be back tonight or tomorrow to catch up!! I really do love you guys!!

Real quick--Kathy, I'm glad your mom is doing so well.
Happy Birthday to Curtis!
Old 10-01-2006, 01:54 PM   #6  

Height: 5' 10"

Happy rainy Sunday everyone. Its very raw, rainy and dreary here. We didn't go to the flea market as planned since it was a wash out. Oh well. I think next weekend DH is doing a yardsale here.

We had a wonderful date night last night. Went to a new restaurant in town, ended up sitting at the bar rather than waiting an hour for a table. Had a great salad and a few glasses of wine. It was nice to have some time alone.

Sandra, another loss - congrats! Keep it up, you'll make your goal!

Jennifer and Vickie - the diet coke sloppy joes are great. DH loves them, I know he doesn't know whats in them. Definatly a good receipe - quick and very easy.

That's it for me today. DH and DD are napping - I still have to vacuum upstairs, but that can wait. Think I'll go make some tea and read my book. See you all later.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:06 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/185/140

Hello! I've not been here for a couple of days because we celebrated our anniversary and my birthday on two of them and then went to go see Jeff Daniels last night! I weighed in this morning and was HAPPY to see a weight loss of .5 lb., when I wasn't expecting anything but a gain or possibly a maintain number! It's not much, but every little ounce gone is GOOD for me!! Tomorrow I begin exercising, so I'm getting geared up for that!
Old 10-01-2006, 02:31 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 220/183/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi All:

We have had anything but a quiet day. My godson, his wife and their toddler took us out to a brunch buffet. Doyle was in his element and I practiced restraint in the face of so much food. My choices were mostly smart ones and I merely nibbled at my godson's dessert. Yep, just a nibbles, not even half of anything. I admit it was difficult.

I've been good at not eating the chocolate the student gave me...at only 1/2 ounce of it.

I set a goal of losing 1/2 pound this weekend and so far, I've lost .2 pound. I KNOW it's silly to consider tenths of a pound on scales as having any validity so I think it's just a reminder.

It's very good that they get people out of hospitals quickly. They are major sources of infections and some of them are antibiotic resistant...that's one of the major reasons for decreasing the time of hospital stays.

HB to Curtis, Sandra!

Rhonda
Old 10-01-2006, 04:54 PM   #9  

Height: 5'7"

Default Core Support Board for Week of October 1-7, 2006

I forgot to make a new thread this morning, so I took the last few from the other thread and merged them here. I hope nobody was too confused!

Happy birthday, Curtis! I hope it's a great day! Cracker Barrel would be my choice any day of the week!

Rhonda, it sounds like you did very well at lunch! I'm sure it was nice to get together with everybody.

Enjoy the rain that you all are getting! We're in the high 90s still and it's quite sunny and hot. There's no rain in the forecast for the foreseeable future (but what else is new?).

One of Shaun's rooms looks really good. All I need to do is vacuum, take some boxes over to the storage unit (only a few blocks away) and wait for the new bedding that I ordered. I had gotten a new set from Amazon and don't like it, but since I got it in February I'm not sending it back. I should have opened it right away but I was waiting for Kate to leave, then Shaun took that room so I didn't bother to give him anything new. The NEW new stuff will be here Thursday.

The other room is practically done but for some odd reason he took the pictures off of the wall. Were they too girly? They're van Gogh sunflowers, which totally match everything from the paint to the dresser runner to the bedding. I guess all that matching was too much for him. So I need to rewash the sheets, make the bed, vacuum, PUT THE PICTURES ON THE WALL, and shut the door. Both will be empty until Christmas when Judd's bro/SIL, SIL/BIL, nieces and nephews come to town. The kids will stay with us for a night or two.

I'm home now and doing laundry. The kitchen is clean and I folded all of Erin's towels and clothes so that when she gets home from work at 11:00 tonight they'll be waiting for her. Now I just need to make sure I have clothes to wear this week, make some dinner, pack my lunch, and fall into bed. Hopefully before midnight, because I should be back to work by 7 if I'm going to get everything done this week.

Happy Sunday!
Old 10-01-2006, 07:38 PM   #10  
focused and aiming

frouf, sounds like you had fun yesterday. is the rock in that movie? i'm thinking he is. i'll bet your movie was better than ours. i guess you've already enjoyed your dinner. i'll be thinking of you. i am proud of you for being so true to your religion.

melissa, i miss my podna.

paula, your evening out sounds like a lot of fun--romantic, too! i'm glad you and dh had such a good time.

suzanne, sounds like you've been making good choices while having a lot of fun. happy anniversary and happy birthday! congratulations on losing those ounces.

rhonda, doyle and i are a lot alike. ask him if he likes osgood pies. that was one of my favs at holidays. i haven't had one in years. congratulations to you for making healthy choices. you are a determined woman for sure. i'm hoping to get a dress from ebay to wear to your wedding. the one i have coming now prob won't be it, though. i'll keep looking. the one i'm getting is the one i posted a photo of the other day. i want something nicer for your wedding. right now, i'm bidding on some good looking shoes. i am addicted already, aren't i?

kathy, i have to admit i was confused at first. i thought i'd posted in the old thread. i'm excited you're getting to redecorate. i know that's fun.

thank you, everyone for the birthday wishes for curtis. he's having a good day. we didn't go into the hills but he's gone now to the outdoor range to plink at targets while i stay home and recoop from my walmart adventure. (i've really been writing bills and balancing the checkbook.)
Old 10-01-2006, 10:14 PM   #11  
Melissa

Hi gals! I still haven't caught up from the old thread but at least I got to read everything from this week's. I guess that's not too hard to do, huh?
I've got to tell you all this Pampered Chef thing is taking off like crazy. I just closed a huge catalog show tonight which already puts me 1/2 way to my goal for October. It's going much better than I anticipated!
Oh and Kathy you will be interested in this...starting tomorrow you can purchase discontinued items at a discount through my website. That's going to be neat!
Thanks to everyone for their well-wishes for Aaron and I during the funeral. It went really well and it was a relief for the family. She had been very sick for awhile, to the point of dementia, and it was just so sad to see her that way. So while she will be missed we have the blessing of believing that she is in a better place with no pain. Thanks everyone.

Sandra, sounds like you are busy as ever. I'm here podner! I'm trying to get back on the wagon, I promise. I'm struggling alongside. on another pound gone!!

Kathy, you are such a decorating fiend. Why don't you come do my house? It's amazing to me how much you get done on any given day.

Vickie, sorry you didn't get to sleep in this morning. I had a burrito bol for dinner and thought of you. Of course I had those yummy chips with mine. Murphy hated the kennel. I think we should have socialized him looooong before now. Next time we will make plans to just leave him at home and have a friend come and walk him.

Frouf, happy Yom Kippur I guess! Once again, I'm uneducated. But I think fasting is a really beautiful thing.

Paula, I was impressed that you had a salad on your date night. Whenever we go out to a nice place I feel the need to splurge. So good job!

Suzanne, it sounds like you have been one busy lady. But it also sounds like a lot of fun! Good luck with the exercise.

Well I better run...I'm supposed to be watching a movie with DH and I still have PC things to do!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:20 PM   #12  
Melissa

Oh yeah, my birthday! Thursday night we went to my mom's house for dinner. My parents, grandmother, and Aaron's parents came. It was a really nice time with lots of great food. I took tomorrow off work too, so we'll probably go to a movie or something like that, too. Nothing too exciting, but it was nice despite all of the craziness. Thanks for all of the bday wishes!
Old 10-01-2006, 10:41 PM   #13  
focused and aiming

podna!!! it's great to see you back. i'll be here to read what movie you see tomorrow. have some fun, girl.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:42 PM   #14  
Melissa

Well I'll do my best!
Old 10-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #15  
focused and aiming

:
Closed Thread