WW Clubs and Groups - Thursday Chatters for October

View Full Version : Thursday Chatters for October

auntie
10-01-2006, 04:09 PM
Well it's hard to believe that it is OCTOBER!!! Where does time go? There are no pumpkin smilieys. :(

We welcome anyone who wants to join us! We all either once weighed or thought about weighing in on Thursdays.

I know that you will find this hard to believe... but yesterday, I dropped a board on the top of my foot. It hurts and my foot is all swollen. I don't think it's broken but it sure did pop up. We were out raising our mail box and I was in flip flops (my favorite thing to wear.)

Tammy, how are you feeling?

Tina, too bad I'm not a little closer and we could go play this week while I'm off.

Dee, when is your birthday?

Mimi, where are you?

Sis, how is the puppy?

Tammy
10-01-2006, 05:44 PM
Susan, when I'm rich I'll take us all to Tina's house!! She would love to have a big slumber party at her house, don't you think??? I used to watch ER all the time, but haven't watched it for a few years. I don't think Jess's foot is going to heal if she keeps going places instead of letting it rest. I told her that, and I told Tim that she'll listen to him and to just tell her NO when she wants to do things. They came home for the football game on Friday night. That didn't do her any good walking around. In fact, it was pretty silly.

I usually see the chiropractor more often than I have recently. Monday was the first that I had been so see him since June before we left for Disney. I know going more often would be a good idea, so maybe I'll need to get into the habit.

Tina, I drink way too much Diet Pepsi. I used to only drink the real stuff, so I feel like I've made an accomplishment by drinking the diet. Quite a few less calories in 2 Diet Pepsis compared to 2 real ones.

Dee, happy birthday to your son and to you too whenever yours is!! The food sounds great!!

Went to the football game last night to watch the band. We saw pregame, then part of the first quarter, the sky started getting really eerie and dark, and they evacuated the stadium and told people to take cover. Bob and I took off back to the hotel which is very close. It rained and the wind blew pretty bad, and then blew on over. There were tornadoes sighted in some areas near there, but not in Muncie. The game was delayed an hour, and then restarted. We saw that info on the tv and headed back to the stadium for the rest of the first half and for halftime. The band did a Beatles medley and it was awesome. Toward the end of it, there was a drum break that featured the percussion. Fantastic!! They have 8 xylophones/bell sets, and they were playing Eleanor Rigby while the rest of the percussion was doing stuff. Too cool!!! Tim was so glad that we came back because he knew we'd enjoy it. Bob and I are both Beatles fans from way back, and we love the percussion!! During the storm, the band found shelter in the nearby Alumni Center. Tim did call us to tell us where they were.

During the wind before the band left the stadium, one of the sousaphones caught the wind and almost took the player and it over the back of the seats. That would have been a long drop off the back!

Well, I guess I should go do something productive. Not sure what it will be. Maybe a nap?????

Tammy
10-01-2006, 06:17 PM
by the way, I just cut and pasted that post from the Sept. thread, so it's in 2 places. I tried to delete in from Sept. and I couldn't for some reason.

I think when I was typing it originally (about 3:00), Susan posted not to post there at the same time that I was typing the long thing. I didn't realize it till I logged back in.

I never took a nap. I read the paper. I listened to trains and combines. I thought about all of the dust coming in through the windows from the combines, but the air felt so nice I didn't shut them. What's a little dust? Oh my!!

Tina
10-01-2006, 06:58 PM
Everyone is invited to come on down to our house for a slumber party. We have a sleeper sofa that's never been used. I still have David's sleeping bag, too. :D
Susan, thanks for starting us off this month. Wow, this year is flying by.
Ouch to your foot, Susan. I'm so sorry!!!

Tammy, I'm glad y'all weren't caught out in that weather. Good thing you got to return to hear the band playing. I, too, like the Beatles. I have kept one of the Beatles' 33 1/3 records.
On Friday night, Larry and I were at a Chinese restaurant when it started thundering, lightening and pouring. The waiter told us to just sit there for awhile. The lights blinked but stayed on. That was a couple miles from home. Would you believe that it barely rained at home! :lol:

Sis, how are you feeling????? How is Molly doing? Yes, please let us see her picture.
Maureen and Mimi-----we miss our Canadian friends.
Everyone have a great rest of the day.
Tina
:flow1:

Mom4kids
10-01-2006, 07:08 PM
Halloween is my birthday! You know, I have spent the last thirteen years of my life trick or treating with my kids. I would love to have a birthday....maybe for my fortieth.:dizzy:

I can't believe the wind was that bad. That poor guy, I would have given that up for a flute, LOL.

I love slumber parties Tina, how far are you from Miami?;)

I have never been to a chiropractor, I have always wondered if you start, then do you always need to go back? Kinda like cracking your knuckles, once you start, you seem to keep doing it.

What? Still no puppy pics?

Did I mention I am going to a gym this week? If I say it enough, maybe I will remember to actually go and work out.

Tina
10-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Halloween is a great day for a birthday, Dee!!!
My husband proposed on Halloween night. It's our unofficial anniversary.:D

Dee, just get onto I-10 and go West. I'll put out a big arrow to the slumber party. Do you watch CSI Miami? :lol:

auntie
10-01-2006, 09:17 PM
Me again... :)

Tammy, I figured you were writing while I posted. :hug: I'm glad ya'll are ok. Yes, Jess needs to take care of herself!!! That girl!

Tina, a slumber party would be a blast! Rain always miss us too.

Dee, we keep talking about a trip someplace in the middle. So far we still are talking about it. A Halloween baby!!!! Good for you on going to the gym!

Remember I said I was going to cancel E Tools. I did, now I'm thinking of signing back up for it. Isn't that silly? I'm setting myself a personal goal of 5 pounds this month. I'm exercising everyday and work out with the trainer twice a week so hopefully I'll have a bigger loss but right now I'd be happy with that.

Have a great evening!

GoddessInclined
10-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Is that wrong to say?

His first game Saturday--he sacked the quarterback!!!! Whoot!! Whoot!! Then he got three tackles on a kid that outweighed him by at least 60 lbs--he's got a killer instinct. I guess he'd have to, since he weighs 96 lbs and wants to play defensive tackle!!! He was pretty sore Sunday, but said "it was a good kind of hurt." He'll be scheduling a visit to the chiropractor this week, and maybe even the massage therapist.

Which brings me to Dee's question re: chiropractors. Yes, if you go to a chiropractor, your initial treatment tends to be around 8-12 visits stretching out over a couple of months. Then, you should go into what they call "maintainance" which could be once a month to once every 3-6 months. Look at it this way: suppose you waited until you were 30 to go to the dentist for the first time. Chances are, you might need some cavities filled, which would bring you back for a few treatments. But maybe, your teeth are really messed up and you're going to need some root canals, some cavities filled, a bridge put in, some whitening, some veneers....cause you really abused your smile. That's going to take some time to clear up, right? Then, once your mouth is in good shape again, you're going to commit to a check-up every six months to make sure nothing new has developed. Chiropractic is much the same. We really abuse our bodies--not lifting right, sitting at a computer for hours, car accidents, poor sleeping habits, poor diet (which is why we're here), and that all plays havoc with our backs and our nervous systems. Hope that's helpful to you! (My son's dad shares your birthday---my favorite holiday!)

Hmm....didn't do too badly this weekend, despite not writing anything down. Plus, I did some gardening Saturday--moving perennieals around in the garden so that it's more balanced next year. You know, I planted things that were too short where they were, or just looked funny. And I think the hollyhocks are plotting a coup for next summer, so I need to keep an eye on them.

Tina--I love Eleanor Rigby--I would have loved to hear that! My son floated the idea to the senior high band director to do a medley of Johnny Cash songs. He's thinking about it--can't you just hear the trumpets in "Ring of Fire?" :)

Oh, and not that *I* care, but Go Twins!!! (Captured Division title yesterday).

Mom4kids
10-02-2006, 07:23 PM
LOL, your son sounds like a scholarship in the works.
Gardening is good exercise. Sometimes I drag my behind outside and mow the grass....I don't have flowers. I don't have a green thumb. Wish I did. Or I would be out there doing that.

I have heard alot of people say that Halloween is their fav holiday. Could the chocolate have anything to do with it?:D

I was signed up for etools, but didn't use it enough to make it cost effective. 5 pound is a great goal.

Tina, LOL, I actually watch CSI Las Vegas, I love Grissom!!!

I am setting a goal for weightloss of 6 pounds for the month. ;)

Tina
10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
6 pounds for the month sounds like a great goal.
I'd like to lose 6 pounds in two weeks. Can that be done??? :lol: Let's see---if I eat 10 pts. a day and do lots of exercise.....Hmmm....I'd probably be too weak to enjoy the loss.

Dori, I agree that you son sounds like a great player.

Susan, how's your foot?
Tammy, where are you???? Hope you are feeling good.
Sis, how are you doing? Are you out running with Molly?
Maureen, have you been roller blading lately?

auntie
10-02-2006, 10:43 PM
Hi,

The foot is doing better. It's a nice purple and it grows a little each day. I go to the dr. tomorrow for my yearly checkup, so I'll show her. She is my GP.

I worked out today with the trainer. I asked if I should be doing more. He laughed and said "NO, in another few weeks your body will know what's going on." He reminded me that I didn't get this way over night.

I signed back up for Etools because I decided that I would get serious again. So I did pretty good today OP.

Tina, I need to lose about 50 pounds by in the morning! So if you can figure it out let me know. :)

Tina
10-02-2006, 11:48 PM
Okay, my mind has left the building. For some reason I called Jodi, Dori.
Sorry about that. :o :o :dizzy: :o
It's been one of those days.

Mom4kids
10-03-2006, 11:01 AM
I went to the gym today. Did the treadmill for 30 minutes. Went to go do weights,but the machines are brand new and I don't know how to use them.
:(

Tomorrow there should be someone available to show me how to use them.

It's a start, right?

Tammy? Tammy? are you out there?

auntie
10-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Howdy,

Well, I went to the doctor today. She never says anything about my weight. I told what all I was doing and she said "good for you". She looked at my foot and said "your other foot is bruised too." I just laughed because I hadn't noticed it. Had my yearly done, then xrays, blood work. She couldn't tell if there was a break because of the swelling. So I now have this lovely little shoe to wear when I walk a lot. Oh plus, I have to have a mammogram and bone density scan (since my mom has osteo???? but won't admit it). I think I'm getting old. If that scan is clear then not another one until I'm 50.

Dee, Good for you on working out!!! :bravo:

Tina, has summer returned down there? It has here. YUCK!

Tammy, wants happening with you? How is school? How many days left?

Jody, I loved it about your son!!! I am always saying how cute my niece and nephews are!!!

Off to the recliner for a while. I'm burning up!!!!

Tammy
10-03-2006, 03:26 PM
My butterfly moved 2 spots!!!!

Tina, if I would have known that you liked the Beatles, I would have invited you to go to the football game last Saturday! lol

Dee, I agree about trading the sousaphone for a flute!! I know since they were at the top of the bleachers they were in a dangerous place. I go to the chiropractor a few times a year. I always feel better after I've been there. My dad used to go every other week for his knees. Wonder if some of my knee problem is hereditary? Probably is.

Susan, I've never used e-tools. I did sign up for a free membership at ***********. Before school started I was going there everyday, putting in what I ate, drank, and exercise. Now I rarely get there!! Check it out, it really is nice. If you join, use my name for telling you about it. I can get points or something. I'm with you about losing 50 pounds by morning!!

Goddess, good going for your son!! Woo Hoo!!! I had to laugh about your hollyhocks. Want to come to my house and do some planting for me? A medley of Johnny Cash songs would be fun to do.

I didn't post yesterday at all. By the time I got home from school, I was ready for a nap. When I woke up, it was time to go to the Y for water aerobics. After that I came home and read. Didn't go to school today, so Bob and I got some running around done.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Tammy
10-03-2006, 03:27 PM
I didn't realize that I shouldn't have typed what I typed! How come we can type WW and etools and little stars don't come up?

auntie
10-03-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't know either..... so send it to me in an email. I wonder the same thing.

Mom4kids
10-03-2006, 11:20 PM
Tammy, congrats on the ticker movement!! Good for you!

I don't get it, if you type something 'illegal', the site blocks it out?

Susan, my son hurt his wrist,it even looked a bit deformed and they said they couldn't tell because of the swelling. Sorry, keep off it, and I hope it heals superquick.

Tina
10-04-2006, 12:20 AM
They don't want us to publisize any other site. I guess since this is a Weight Watcher group, it's okay to use those words.

Susan, sorry about both feet being bruised. Be careful and do keep them up.

I got my exercise today by working in the gardens. Boy, was it hot!!!! Of course, that's what you get --- October in Texas. :D

Tammy, we missed you yesterday.

auntie
10-04-2006, 10:23 AM
I did go to that site and it is cool.
Today is Seamus' 2 year anniversary of being a full fledged Angel. I'm going out to the cemetery this morning. Then my best friend took today off so I would stay busy. She did that last year too.

Hope everyone has a peaceful day.

Tina
10-04-2006, 11:12 AM
Susan, you have a very good friend to take the day off for you.
We are all thinking about you today.
Tina

Mom4kids
10-04-2006, 01:39 PM
Susan,

My heart is with you. :hug:

Tammy
10-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Susan, I'm glad that your friend is so special to do that! Can you feel our hugs??

Had a message from Tim. The band is supposed to go to the Univ. of Michigan to play when the football team plays on Nov. 4. The Pit (percussion section in front of the band) found out today that they are going BUT they are not going to play. He is crushed. UM is one of his favorite college teams/bands. It was his dream to march on that field, and now he'll just be a spectator. Our old neighbors' son has season tickets for the Mich. games, and they asked if they could use the tickets for themselves and Bob and I. There is no need to go now if Tim won't be playing. I feel so bad for him.

Water aerobics was a small group tonight. Only 5 people there. It was still fun though.

I'm off tomorrow. I have an appointment with the rheumatologist.
Oh, I might add a day to my school year. If I retire on Feb. 27, my school health insurance ends that day too. The new health insurance won't start until March 1. I'm not sure I want to go a whole day without insurance. I know how my luck runs. I guess I can handle one more day. That's one more day of pay too I guess.

Tina
10-04-2006, 10:31 PM
One day without insurance? :lol: That's funny. I know, if you have any problems, we can all take up a collection for you to go see a dr. How about that! :hug:

Susan, how are you doing, my friend?
Amy, where are you , girl???
Maureen, you are missing in action.

Sis, tell us how you're feeling.

Mom4kids
10-05-2006, 02:43 PM
Now why would his section not participate in the game? They'll take them but not use them? I don't get it.

Tammy, I will pitch in for the one day with out insurance....just in case...;)

I was going to mow the lawn, but it is pouring. waaahhhhh.... That was my exercise for the day.

My kid is having problems at school, and one of his teachers is being a butt, all the other teachers are wonderful about it. The butt gave him a zero on a project that we worked hard on, because I thought it was due on the 4th, it was due on the 3rd. He brought it in next day (the 4th) and he wouldn't take it. UGH, I am so frustrated. He said it is grade level policy. I read the policy, it reads nothing like that....I am waiting for the mentor teacher to get back to me. :mad: Sorry for rambling. He (my son) isn't adjusting well.

Tammy
10-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Went to the rheumatologist today. She gave me a prescription for a patch to wear on my lower back 12 hours a day to help numb it. That is my main complaint right now. Also, I'll be seeing another doctor for an injection into my back to help with the arthritis pain. Some days I can tolerate the pain, but others it hurts so bad that I cry. The kids have been great at school because they know when I'm hurting.

LOL I'll take you guys up on collecting $$ in case I need to see a doctor. Bob said that going an additional day won't hurt, and knowing our luck, we'll need the insurance that day.

Dee, the band would have to rent another truck to haul the Pit instruments to Michigan. Bells, xylophones, marimbas, etc. I think they just don't want to spend the money.

What grade is your son in? It seems like the teacher is being a bit tough for 1 day. Let me at him!!

Mom4kids
10-05-2006, 10:34 PM
Tammy,

My MIL gets injections in her back. She just had her second set this week and she feels relief. Good luck, I hope it helps you.

My son is in 6th grade. I think transitioning to middle school is tough. This teacher needs a knucklesandwich.(zero points for that...:devil: ) I am still working on another project. I think three in two weeks is a lot for one kid.

Tina
10-06-2006, 11:51 AM
Happy Friday all!
I hope everyone will have a great day and an even greater weekend.

Dee, I'm sorry about your son's strict teacher. Good luck!
Susan, how are your feet doing?
Sis, we haven't heard anymore from you. Are you out partying on your time off? Hope you are still feeling good after that surgery.
Tammy, I'm sorry Tim isn't getting to play this weekend.
Maureen, where are you??????
Amy, you are MIA.
Jodi, how are things?

funnygirl76
10-06-2006, 12:36 PM
Hello all, Im new here, so I dont really know anyone yet, but I always jump into everything feet first, so howdy yall! I posted my results for the week on the "Thursday Weigh In" thread, so I figured I might as well join in the chatter thread too. Lets see, Im a mother of 4 plus my neice that I have custody of. I work from home. I make candles and other home fragrance products that I sell retail, and private label to several stores. This is my busy season so Im always running around like a mad woman, LOL! For the last yr. my hubby has been off work due to tearing 3 discs in his lower back while on the job, so I know how terrible back pain can be. I too am having some problems with one of my DD teachers, not to mention an extremly rude and hateful bus driver, so I know how frustrating that can be.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, and I hope to make a lot of new friends here. :D

Tina
10-06-2006, 02:57 PM
Hi Brandy,
I love your photo. 'Could use some of those candles for the holidays, too. :D
You are a very busy person. I'm so sorry about your husband's back. Ouch!
Let me introduce myself---I have one husband :lol: and we have one grown son. At the moment, I'm not working but plan to get back into the workforce either this Dec. or next year.
It's great to meet you. We're glad you are with us.

Tammy
10-06-2006, 06:25 PM
Brandy, I just told you on the photo thread to come over to this one, but you beat me to it!! Welcome!! I am married. We have an 18 year old son who is a freshman in college. I am in my last year of teaching, and I will be retiring the end of February. I love candles!! My hubby usually turns up his nose at them when I burn them.

Dee, reading that about your MIL gives me hope that the injections will help me. Today was the first day with the patch, and I still had pain. It might have been worse without the patch though. 6th grade is a hard year for a lot of students, but that seems like an awful lot of work for 2 weeks.

Tina, the Michigan game won't be until Nov. 4. They will leave on Nov. 3, and they'll perform that night at a high school football game in Michigan. They will stay overnight in people's homes instead of a gym like they thought they were going to do. Our town has done that before when college bands come. It's fun for the high school kids to get to hang out with the college kids.

Tim is coming home this weekend. So is Jess. I'm meeting them in a town about 10 miles from here so Jess doesn't have the extra distance to drive. That way she can just head to her own home. I know her family will be ready for her to be home just like us with Tim. I have a meat loaf in the oven. Tim's request. lol

auntie
10-06-2006, 09:21 PM
Hi Ya'll,
Well Fall Break is over! Boo!!!! I've enjoyed having the week off and got some things done. Even got the carpet cleaned ( I steam cleaned them.) Yes my best friend took Wed. off for me. I don't know how I would have survived everything without her. She is the one that had breast cancer a couple of years ago. We've been through a lot together.

Brandy, Welcome to the group! I am married and have 1 son who passed away 2 years ago. He was 2 months and 24 days old. I've been married 21 years. I teach deaf students that are mentally ******ed. I live in the GREAT state of TEXAS. :) You sound like you are very busy.

Tina, the foot still hurts and swollen. It's weird because it doesn't hurt when I walk only to touch it or move it in certain directions. I'm thinking I should soak it in epsom salt water.....

Tammy, I would be scared to have a day without insurance too. You know I'm a BIG KLUTZ!! :) Hope the back is better.

Dee, thanks for the thoughts. It really means a lot.

Thank you all for the thoughts and prayers this week. It has really meant a lot. :hug: Thanks for being there.

Tammy
10-06-2006, 11:30 PM
Susan, glad you enjoyed your break! Cleaning carpets is a good thing! I did get ours swept yesterday. I know what will help your foot! Mexican food. That's always my cure that I tell people. Have no idea why I do. lol I kept thinking about the day without insurance, and then I keep thinking about all of the things that could happen to Bob, Tim, or me. I'd rather have the insurance and not have to worry about it.

Tim is sitting behind me in the loveseat doing stuff on his computer. He has Earth, Wind, and Fire music playing (one of my favorite groups), and we are just sitting here chatting. It's good to have him home. He thoroughly pigged out at supper (meat loaf, scalloped corn). He must not be starving at school though because he said his jeans are a bit snug.

Tina
10-06-2006, 11:45 PM
Hey, I need someone to come clean my bedroom carpet. hint....hint...hint....
I have a little Dirt Devil cleaner. I haven't used it in a couple of years. Wonder if it still has enough power to clean.:dizzy: That should be my project next week.
Mexican food is good anytime.
Tammy, I'm glad Tim is home. Sure he pigged out, it was his mother's cooking. ;)
Tomorrow is the Greek Festival here. We always go pick up our food and take it to the park and eat. The weather should be in the 80's, perfect for a Greek picnic. :) I'm going to be good and just buy 1 baklava.

Mom4kids
10-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Tammy, it sounds like Tim maybe getting those 'freshman' fifteen. LOL
I know it must be good to have him home. I am sure he thouroughly enjoyed your homecooked meatloaf. Did he bring all of his laundry home?

Susan, I dread cleaning my carpets. I am actually going to have a professional come in this time. I have a beautiful carpet I picked up in Turkey a few years ago. I don't want to ruin it, but boy is it getting nasty.

Tina, I love those rice things wrapped in grape leaves. I can't think of the name, but yum yum.

Brandy welcome!!!! :wave: I am a mom of four also. I think that your candle business sounds cool, I love candles.

Tammy
10-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Tina, the picnic sounds like fun!! Too bad we aren't closer to you.

Dee, we told him to bring home the laundry so he could save a little $$. He started it last night, and I'm working on it this morning. Shouldn't take long to finish. He's helping Bob at the old house getting things ready for winter. (putting in storm windows, and I'm not sure what else) He's been at school since Aug. 11, so he's had plenty of time to do lots of laundry. He said some of the kids go home every weekend and then come back and brag because their mothers did their laundry. Some of them don't even know how to do it! Tim has been doing laundry since he was in 4th grade! He had an award he was working on for scouts that called for doing laundry, and he's been doing it ever since.

I guess I should go move clothes from washer to dryer. Then I might read for a while. I can feel a nap coming on already!!

auntie
10-07-2006, 12:55 PM
Howdy,

It's a beautiful day here. It's suppose to just be 80 degrees too. It's a great day for the Texas vs. OU game at the Cotton Bowl. Pat and I went to the game one year but it's much better watching it on tv when it's really hot.

I have a confession to make......we are all friends here..... cleaning the carpets is an obession for me. I love doing.... silly I know. I will clean them and if I find a spot that I miss it drives me crazy. Pat just laughs and says "it will wait until next time." So I would be more than happy to come clean carpets.

Dee, I had someone come in and do ours the first year we lived here. I wasn't happy with the way they did it. So we borrowed a friend's cleaner and I started doing them. I think we borrowed it enough that she bought us one for Christmas one year. She is Pat's friend .... Pat said "that's not a present for both of us, that's for Sue."

Tina, the Greek festival sounds fun. We are going down to the feed store to see some huge horse "Kong". I'm excited about it. Not really sure why, maybe because we have something to do.

Tammy, I know you and Bob are in Heaven having Tim home. He misses ya'll so much. I know he is a happy boy being with ya'll. There is nothing like your mom's cooking (unless it's my mom's) My mom isn't a very good cook but I always have her make something that was my favorite when I am home.

Yes, Mexican food will certainly make my foot better!!!!! It makes everything better. I actually think I might talk Pat into getting some later.

Oh, Amy wanted me to let you know she is still alive. She keeps acting like she has 3 kids and is busy. I'm not sure what that is all about :D Jump is in soccer, Amanda is in Brownies (Amy is the leader and coordinator for that division), Zacker is in mother's day out 2 days a week and has been sick.

Mom4kids
10-08-2006, 12:40 AM
Well Susan, feel free to come to South Florida and clean my Turkish rug. :D
I haven't had it cleaned ever because I am afraid.

Tammy I am teaching my boys to do laundry now. They aren't happy about it. I figure, that since I kept finding folded clothes in the dirty basket it was time for them to appreciate my hard work. There hasn't been any since. LOL

Tammy
10-08-2006, 01:25 PM
I told Tim to get weighed this morning, and he has lost 3 pounds since he left for school! He has been wearing shorts all of the time, and he just recently put on a pair of jeans. He said they were snug. I told him to check the size. All of his jeans are a size smaller than his shorts! No wonder they felt snug. When he bought the shorts, he bought a bigger size than usual.

Tim is finishing up his laundry, Bob is finishing up the mowing at the other house, and I'm just hanging out. Making spaghetti for supper, so I need to run to the store to get a few things.

Susan, did you get Mexican? Does your foot feel better? silly Amy, acting like she is busy!! lol

Dee, good for you on teaching them how to do laundry!!

funnygirl76
10-08-2006, 01:39 PM
I wish my kids would do laundry. LOL! I cant even get them to get the food off the dishes when they wash them. It's leftovers every night at my house, and not on purpose, YUCK! hehehe.

Speaking of carpet cleaning, reading this has made me realize just how filthy my carpets are. Something else to add to that "To Do" list. :dizzy:

Im one busy chicky for the next week, just had a private label order come through for 172 Palm Pillars! They are so beautiful, but very time consuming. Hopefully all this extra activity will show up on next Thursdays weigh in. ;)

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend. It's so nice here in Oklahoma, we are starting to get those cool nights and mornings, and our highs are in the 80's. Cant wait till it's fully fall. Makes my feel so cozy when it's kinda cold outside and Im inside pouring up candles. As opposed to it being 100+ and sweating like a greasy pig pouring up candles. :p

Thought yall needed that visual. Take care all. :D

Tina
10-08-2006, 03:04 PM
A hot greasy pig!!!-----what a picture, thanks for letting us visualize that. :lol:

I'm going to clean my bedroom carpet this week.
About the clothes--before David left for college, I taught him all about the washers and dryers. I was always happy to do his things when he would come home once in awhile.
Tammy, your spaghetti sounds good.

Dee, I didnt get any stuffed grape leaves this year. :(

Sis, how are you?
Maureen, where are you!!!!!

It's beautiful weather here, too. I love it hot but this isn't bad at all.

auntie
10-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Hi,
I've already been to exercise today and came home an walked the dogs. Then I told Pat, I WANT MEXICAN FOOD. I ate some for all of you. They have this guacamole sauce that they bring out with the chips and hot sauce. It's so yummy!!!!!

Dee, good job teaching those kiddos how to do their laundry. That's funny about them hiding folded clothes. Sounds like something I would have done or did :D

Tammy, How is Jess's foot? I want to retire in Feb. do you think it will work? I'm so glad that you are going to be able to. I think you will feel so much better.

Funnygirl, I loved the visual! Greasy pig sounds like something I would say!! What part of OK are you in? I'm just north of Dallas.

Tina, how was the festival? Did you get your baklava?

Off to watch the Cowboys (they probably lose) What a fan I am!

Tammy
10-08-2006, 11:45 PM
Funnygirl, remind me not to eat at your house with your leftovers! I cracked up!
We went to the Cowboy Hall of Fame when we were in Oklahoma City several years ago. We were very impressed!

Tina, Tim asked me to start writing down recipes for his favorite foods that I make. I was thrilled! I usually dump stuff and don't measure though, so that could cause a problem. We've had a beautiful weekend! Someone said it may snow by the end of the week. Supposed to be about 80 tomorrow. I plan to wear capris, then by the end of the week I'll be wearing long underwear!!

Susan, Jess's foot is much better. She is walking with hardly any limp now. I am so glad that you had Mexican. Now I want some! I love the shrimp quesadilla at a place near here. I think you should retire in Feb. with me. I know the women that I'm working with are ready too. I know I'll feel better when I'm not working every day.

This week I work M-W-Th. We are off on Friday. That will be my day to recuperate.

Mom4kids
10-09-2006, 09:51 AM
Thanks Tammy, for reminding me that it snows in Ohio, something for me to look forward to. I guess I will invest in some thermal underwear.:o

I got my project, I mean, We got my son's project completed. Hopefully we won't have any for awhile. We need a break.

So, N. Korea tested a nuclear weapon and everyone is pissed. That's nice. I think I need to retire.

GoddessInclined
10-09-2006, 10:41 AM
No oxymoron intended....

Hi, Brandy...though I'm a week late, welcome! I'm Jody, a single mom of a 12-year-old sixth grader who is NOT sure if he has a girlfriend or not. ::sigh:: Weekend drama brought on during the football game.

Tina--LOL at Dori slip. Actually read it and thought "How on EARTH does she know about my short-term memory gaffes?"

Dee--heart out to your son. Bad teachers make life unnecessarily hard for good kids. Last year, bad match with teacher. This year, wonderful!

Hope all are doing well...gotta run. Stupid phone!!

Tina
10-09-2006, 12:11 PM
Monday, Monday---
Dee, will they be sending you to N. Korea to straighten things out! Maybe those officials just need to eat healthy---something besides rice and fish heads. Okay, that's my politics for the week. :lol:
Jody, sixth grade is another fun time, isn't it! :dizzy:
Susan, I may be dense, but, what's a horse "Kong"---don't know about that.
Tammy, hope you don't overdo it at school today.
Dee, glad you have a rest from school projects.
Brandy, hope you keep having cool weather.
Today it's no treadmilling because I've got to clean bathrooms. Yuck!

How was the eating over the weekend???? Let's all stay OP today....okay!!!

Mom4kids
10-09-2006, 07:43 PM
I will not go to Korea. **** no. You don't want to hear my take on this nuclear bs, Or how we have to clean up the world.

Mom4kids
10-09-2006, 08:38 PM
Sorry, but I am venting.

I want a piece of fitness equipment. I can't get to the gym consistantly. Told DH I want a treadmill. He told me no, I would just hang laundry on it. Then I said I want to put one in our room so that while he gets in the shower in the am, I can get on it before my shower. He told me that I don't keep our room clean.:censored:

1st of all, he doesn't do one dam thing in this house. 2nd, he bought an ab lounger that he tried out when he put it together, and he hasn't touched it since.

ugh!:tantrum:

ok, I 'm done.

Tammy
10-09-2006, 09:04 PM
Tina, school went well but I came home from school, talked to Bob for a while, and then took a 2 hour nap. I missed water aerobics. He said he didn't want to wake me since I was sleeping so soundly. I think I needed the nap.

Eating over the weekend was a bit much since Tim was home. Too much food!

Korea? I don't think I'll get started either.

Dee, tell hubby that you'll use his ab lounger as the clothes rack and you will use the treadmill!! It does get a bit nippy in Ohio. Of course when I went with the band to Florida in Feb. 2004, we froze! There were record LOW temps while we were there. Brrrr.

auntie
10-09-2006, 11:47 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone is doing good this evening. I've just settled down for the evening and I'm ready for bed!!!! I'll be going shortly.

Dee, You crack me up!! I think our husbands' might be related... Pat told me the same thing when I wanted treadmill. So I joined the gym. It has helped me with having a personal trainer. It doesn't hurt that he is adorable. :D

Tammy, I'm sure that Pat will be thrilled I'm retiring in Feb. with you. I'm so excited....wouldn't that be great if I could?

Tina, "Kong" the horse is in the Guiness Book of World Records for being the largest horse. He is 19 hands (6'5") and weighs 2300 pounds. He was huge.

Jody, my friend...6th grade is all about hormones.... poor kids don't know if they are coming or going. Hope your son is ok?

Well I'm off to watch a little tv and then to bed! Night

mzjoyful2
10-10-2006, 12:43 AM
This is the first time I've been on here.... tonight 10/9 was WI for me and I had 3 lb. loss! Guess it was the 2-3 miles walks 4 times in the past week. Hope to get to know you all in time.

Carol

Tina
10-10-2006, 11:00 AM
Carol,
It's nice to have you here. Congratulations on that great loss this week.
Keep it up!!!:) :) :) :carrot:

Tammy
10-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Susan, we'll have a really big party when we retire, ok? Make sure Pat has nice gifts for both of us. I'll tell Bob that too. lol

Carol, welcome to the group!!! Great group of wild and crazy women here. I am probably the only quiet and sane one in the bunch. (If they say anything different about me, don't believe them!!!) Good for you on your loss!!! Keep it up!

Saw Tim for a while today. He is applying for a job on campus, and he needed his SS card and Passport! I threw in the birth certificate just in case. I mean, how many people have a Passport? I don't, and neither does Bob. Hope he gets a job though. A little bit of spending money would be nice for him. Then he could buy me gifts!!!!!!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!

funnygirl76
10-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Welcome Carol! Im a newbie too! :D Everyone is really nice and I just love all the info this site has to offer. Congratulations on your loss! :carrot:

Tina
10-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Gooood Morning :dracula:
Hey, look at the neat Halloween smiles we have now.

How is everyone doing? It's so great to have new members with us.
We have some that have been with us a long time that are not posting! We miss you, friends!!!
The weather here feels more like Halloween time. It might even stay now. Maybe no more 90's, that would be something.

My challenge for the day------drink all my water, with only one Diet Coke.

:haphal:

Mom4kids
10-11-2006, 06:13 PM
:ghost: :bat: :witch: :sklol: :haphal: :badbat: :spid:

I love Halloween! (not getting older and not all the temptation of candy)

Hi Carol, welcome. (I am the quiet sane one, sshhh...don't tell Tammy)

Tammy
10-11-2006, 09:39 PM
DEE!!!! You are not the quiet sane one!!! That's me!! Let's be honest here!!! lol

Got a note from the principal today that he is planning to observe me next week. Wonder if he wants to observe one of the groups that I actually have in a classroom or one of the groups that I have to meet with in the hallway? I think the 2nd one will be what I tell him so he can see all of the distractions that the kids have. We are in the same building with the HS. They change classes while I'm meeting with these groups. That's really great for the kids to keep their attention. My classroom is used everyday for 2 1/2 hours for the preschool kids to take their naps.

Water aerobics was fun tonight. Next week is our last week for this session, then a week off, then start the new session. On our last night of class we will go to the bowling alley afterwards for pizza. We did that last year and it has become a tradition. Yummy!

auntie
10-11-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the group Carol..... please don't listen to the Crazy People here.... I am the ONLY SANE ONE!!!! :) As you can tell, we have a great time together.

Dee, I was going to look at the new smileys but I think you used them all :)

Tammy, yeah... Bob and Pat need to get us nice retirement presents!!!! Tim can too since he will have a job. Let's have a big big party!!!! Who cares what the principal observes....so what let them fire ya :) I always laugh and say "if they want my job, let them have it"

Tina, I love Halloween.

Please say a prayer for my Daddy, he fell and hurt his legs. Then he has so much swelling and fluid retention (12 pounds worth) He has to lay flat with his feet up until Friday. He will go into the hospital on Fri or Sat if it doesn't go down.

Tina
10-11-2006, 11:08 PM
Susan, I'm so sorry about your dad. I hope he gets better quickly.
Tammy, that's kind of neat that Tim has a passport and y'all don't.
And, it's so stupid that you have to hold class in the hallway. Grrr...
Dee, I love candy corn. I can't buy any until Oct. 31. It wouldn't last.

Everyone go over to our weigh-in results thread. We have lots of new members that would appreciate all our encouragement.

Tammy
10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
Carol, we really do have a good time together here. Hope we don't scare you off!!

The principal gave me a paper to fill out with my plans, etc. The thing is, he knows that I don't do my own plans. I do whatever the 5th grade teachers are working on at that time, except I work with the lower kids.

I'm going to start working with 3rd grade on math too. The kids don't know what they should know coming into 3rd grade. Remember when they switched all of the teachers around for last year? Well, they didn't put anyone at 2nd grade who had ever taught math before. Duh! I met with the 2nd and 3rd grade teachers last week (different days) and gave them pointers from my 19 years of teaching math at 2nd grade. I admit that I don't know everything, but I did know how to teach math.

I'm into bragging here. The 5th graders who had me last year in 4th grade are doing much better than the kids who were in the other 2 classes. I just hurt my arm from patting myself on the back too much!!! lol

It's cold and windy here. Raining off and on. Expecting snow on Friday. Yep. Glad there isn't a football game that I want to go to.

auntie
10-12-2006, 12:02 AM
SNOW???? OH MY! That's hard to believe when you live here. Brrrrr!!!!!! Pat Pat Pat..... that's me patting you on the back.

Mom4kids
10-12-2006, 06:05 PM
SNOW????? NOOOooooooooooooooooooo......:yikes:

Susan, your dad bruised his legs? What is wrong that there is that much swelling? I hope he is better, like right now. Bless his heart.

Tammy,
You can't possibly be effective with a group in a hallway. That would be the perfect time to for him to 'observe'. That is plain nuts. By the way, I don't have a passport either...and I have traveled to many places.;)

Alright, Tina's crackin the whip....going to the weigh in thread.

Tammy
10-12-2006, 10:12 PM
Susan, how is your dad? Hopefully improving.

It snowed today for about 5 minutes. It really was pretty. One of our high school exchange students (can't remember where she's from) had never seen snow before. It was so neat watching her outside running around in it.

Dee, I know the hallway is a terrible place to have these kids. Today my "classroom" was used for 2 (yes, that's two) preschool kids to take naps. Doesn't make much sense. Right now the superintendent of the district is making it very plain for all of us to see that the HS, MS, and preschool get preferential treatment over the elementary. Our kids are getting 15 minutes or less for lunch because the high school needs longer according to the supt.. I wish parents would start coming in to complain about their kids not having long enough to eat. I am so glad that I'll be retiring!!!

Tim had an interview at 5:30 today. He called afterwards and said that he felt that it went well. He should find out tomorrow if he gets the job or not.

My brother and SIL will be dropping Danny (8th grader) off about noon tomorrow. Sure wish this was a weekend for Tim to be home. Hope Danny brings plenty to keep him busy. On Sat. we are going to visit Tim, so that will be nice. Taking winter coat, long underwear, and anything else I can think of for him.

Jessica finally got the stitches out of her foot, and the limping is much, much less. Silly girl. Bet she is more careful the next time she tries to put a poster up in her room.

Tina
10-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Snow! :rain: ( I couldn't find a snow smile. :D )
We've had rain all afternoon and evening. There's supposed to be a cold front here now. However, the high tomorrow will be 70. That's not much of a cold front, is it!

Susan, How is your father?

15 minutes for lunch is ridiculous! Tammy, I'm so glad you are not teaching and having to put up with that mess.

Everyone have a great Friday.

Tammy
10-13-2006, 02:26 PM
It is cold and the wind is awful today! I don't want to go outside, but I guess I should go to the grocery. My nephew is here, and he's a picky eater. Hope he doesn't starve before his parents pick him up on Sunday!!

Tina, even in the position that I'm in with the intervention/tutoring I have had to eat with a child in the room with me because of the stupid scheduling. I knew that I had to eat because of the meds, so I had to do it while I was working with her. That doesn't happen all the time though.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Hope we hear from Tim soon about the job. I know how bad he wants it.

Tina
10-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Happy Friday 13th
What kind of job is Tim trying for?
David went to a new employment agency the other day. He said it looked promising. He's tired of waiting for something. He's had interviews but nothing. Well, he did get an offer but it was in another town, 50 miles away. The local office didn't have anything but there was something in another city. Needless to say, he turned it down. He wasn't that desparate.
Y'all keep your fingers crossed that something comes up soon.
Tammy, I'm keeping mine crossed for Tim.

It's a nice day. I actually had to wear slacks instead of shorts.

GoddessInclined
10-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Seriously...I've got about 2 extra inches of thigh and belly that will NEVER go away, and I hear he's pretty handy with a knife. :devil:

Dee....better to beg forgiveness than ask permission. :woops:

Okay, it's official. There is a girlfriend. But the word on the playground is....she's needy. And she hangs out with a girl (who is "dating" ::gack:: my son's best friend) who is of dubious background. Sorry, I know that sounds really snobby, but I remember all too well that girls mature MUCH faster than boys, and especially those from not-so-great home lives who seek love/affection in a physical way. Even worse, his last "girlfriend" was also needy. Help! My son is developing a pattern for needy, clingy women. AARRGHGHHGHGHAHG!!!!!!!! ::looking for smilie pulling hair out::

Goddess save me from TWELVE!!!!

Don't get me started on NKorea, either, but especially don't get me started on education stuff, like having to meet with a class in a friggin' hallway. In the meantime, let's keep bombing half the world at a gazillion dollars a day. Hey, our kids don't need an education, not really. That way, they'll be much easier to persuade that the government really does represent them and has their best interests in mind. Ooops....sorry...I got myself going. Friday the 13th seems a good day for a rant.

Missed meeting last week and this week. Stupid Thursdays keep filling up!!! Hopefully, next week I'll get in on time!

auntie
10-14-2006, 12:05 AM
Howdy,
Hope everyone survived the 13th! I've never thought much about them... however this year it's been a day!!!

So here goes my rant..... My Daddy got put in the hospital (probably for 2 days to get the fluid off) it's just precautionary but still he is in the hospital. I asked if he wanted me to come down but he said "no". I told him he was a fraid "I would paint his toe nails and fix his hair like I did when I was a kid." He just laughed. Momma said he got a good kick out of it.

As for me, I had to take one of my cats (my Russian Blue) who is my favorite to the vet. She picked me when we got her!!! Anyways, her face has been swollen for a couple of days, she has a large tumor in her mouth. I said to the vet "it's cancer isn't it?" He pretty much agreed that it would be. She will have surgery on Monday. I can't lose her! The results will come back on Thursday.

I'm beginning to believe that I have done something very wrong in life with all that has gone on. I know I haven't but it sure is tough.

Other than that I'm pretty much tapped out today.

auntie
10-14-2006, 12:07 AM
Oh does anyone know how many calories are equilvant to the points? I emailed WW but they said there wasn't one set caloric intake. I just wanted a ball park figure.

Tina
10-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Susan, I am so sorry about your cat. Life just doesn't seem fair at all to us.
We will figure that the vet will get all the tumor and she will be fine. You and your kitty are in my thoughts and prayers. (You know that!)

Our weather is still beautiful.
Tammy, I don't want your weather. Brrrr....

How is everyone doing this weekend?

maureen kempster
10-14-2006, 08:37 PM
Wow, the time has just flown by-sorry I've taken so long to write, I do pop in here almost every day just to see how everyone's doing and to keep myself motivated. It's starting to get cold here now, fall is here which means winter's not too far away. But we thankfully we don't have snow yet. I haven't been doing too much lately just working and trying to not eat the wrong things. I'm managing to maintain my weight so I feel good about that. I haven't been able to do too much rollerblading because by the time I get home from my second job it's starting to get dark(about 7:30 PM). I am going to pick up a pair of ice skates though sometime this week I hope. I havn't been on a pair in years but I'm willing to try.
Tina and Tammy, tell your boys to come up to Alberta, we're crying for all the manpower we can get. It's just booming up here.
Susan, Tammy, Tina, Goddess, Amy everyone, have a super weekend and I promise to post more often

maureen

auntie
10-14-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone had a nice day. It was beautiful here. We went to see agility dogs this morning for a little while. The youth barn is about 2 miles down the road and that's where everything is. So we drove down there. I came home and took a nap because I had a headache. I think it was just stress. Then I went to exercise.

Pat told me he was proud of me for exercising. He even said I was doing a good job. I think he tought I would quit by now. :) but I'll show him.

Tina, I know your are there. That means a bunch to me. My kitty is so special to me... not that the others aren't but she is MY kitty. She sits with me everytime I sit down.... well you know the rest. I'll let you know how it goes on Monday. I pray that he can get it all.

Tammy, How are you feeling?

Maureen, it's so good to hear from you! I am in awe of you for roller blading and now ice skating!!!! I'd be in the hospital :) How cold is it up there now? Did we miss your Thanksgiving? We were talking about it at school and I thought about you.

I need to get some clothes out of the dryer but am in no hurry! I would have to move Oksana and I don't want to move her.

Mom4kids
10-14-2006, 11:01 PM
Susan, sorry to hear about your kitty. I am also sorry that you feel like you did something wrong, but you didn't. Unfortunately, you know that saying that when it rains, it pours? It is true. Hang in there.:hug:

I am working this weekend. I volunteered to work this week, and I don't know why. I am tired. Have so much housework to do, have appointments for the kids, kid's dance....

I suffer from IBS w/constipation, and low intestinal motility. I haven't exercised since I mowed the lawn. I HAVEN'T LOST ONE FREAKIN POUND. I am getting a treadmill wether DH likes it or not. I am tired of doing for everyone and not for myself. I have been so crabby lately that I have been short with the kids and just have that "Dh, I don't care, go away, leave me alone" attitude. I think if I could get somewhat organized, and have some time by myself to think....It would be better off for everyone. I need some exercise.

Tina
10-14-2006, 11:06 PM
Dee, your mood sounds like I feel sometimes.
Shedding just a couple of pounds makes me feel great. I hope it does the same for you.
Hey, next time don't volunteer to work. :D

Tammy
10-14-2006, 11:25 PM
TIM GOT THE JOB!!! He will be what I call a night watchman. There are 4 doors into their dorm. From midnight until ???, they have someone at each door to check ID's and register guests. There are 2 shifts during the night. Tim will be at one of the doors. Another guy who has had the same job told him to take his laptop, any homework, and a couple cans of pop and he'd be fine. He is very excited. $6.75 an hour. He won't get rich, but it will be some spending money.

Tina, I hope David finds something soon! Our middle school principal drives an hour one way each day to get to school. I told him that he's crazy. He agreed. I think he's going to look for something closer to his home. I hate it because he's good. He hates to uproot the family though.

Jody, maybe we could get a 2 for 1 deal on getting rid of some inches!! Good luck with the new girlfriend. Oh my. No advice from me.

Susan, I say go paint your dad's toenails!! I'm so sorry about the cat! You have NOT done anything wrong to deserve all of the hurts that you have had to deal with. Get that thought out of your pretty little head young lady!!!!!!

I used to have it written down how many calories for the points range. Not sure where it is or if I even still have it. Our leader gave that to us years ago when the points first came out.

Maureen, great to hear from you!! Maybe Tim could come north after he graduates, but I'd rather him stay close to his ol' mom.

Dee, go for the treadmill!!!! My weight is staying steady (as in stuck!).

After going to school Wed. and Thurs., I was pretty pooed out. Napped off and on yesterday. Slept late today. After we got back from visiting with Tim, I napped. The visit was wonderful though. Danny (nephew) really enjoyed seeing Tim's room and his dorm. He also got a great deal at the bookstore. He bought a t-shirt and hat (Ball State) for $10!! They were marked 50% off. He had seen $20, but then saw the sign. He was one excited kid! I'll take him home in the morning on my way to church.

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
They always go too fast though.

Mom4kids
10-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Congrats to Tim! Yippeeeee!

It's bill paying day. I really dislike bill paying day. I really dislike watching that balance go down........and did you know Christmas shopping hasn't started for me? I have usually started by now. :dizzy: There are not enough hours in my days. I haven't even cooked dinner. :faint:

Such a nice day here. My kids spent most of the day at the park. Sometimes I would like to be a kid again. Most of the time, I wouldn't want to be growing up now.

auntie
10-15-2006, 07:35 PM
Hi,
Well I went to exercise today. I really didn't want to go because it's been raining all day but I did.

Dee, we paid bills today too. They just seem to keep coming. So you must be like my little sister. She has all of her shopping done early like by Thanksgiving. I don't even get started until then. :)

Hope everone has a good day.

Tammy
10-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Dee, I balanced the checkbook tonight. That is a job that I hate to do. BUT it balanced!!!! Usually I'm off a little bit, but not this time!! Sometimes I'd like to be a kid too.

Susan, it has been raining here most of the afternoon and evening. I have started some shopping, but not much. I have nothing at all for Bob. I know he'd like a Jeep. Think I should get him one??? HA!!!!

Tomorrow is an off day, so I plan to sleep in. Meeting some friends for supper tomorrow night. Bob and I meet with the insurance guy at 2:00 to review all of our policies. We want cheaper!

Mom4kids
10-17-2006, 07:47 PM
Checkbook, checkbook....balance...balance....nope, doesn't ring a bell.:dizzy:

DH wants to run tonight, should be interesting. I might be able to go three feet. :running:

Tammy
10-17-2006, 09:42 PM
LOL about the checkbook and balancing. I always manage to get my balanced because I adjust things. If the bank says I have more, I add the amount I'm missing, and vice versa. I drive Bob crazy!!!

How was your run?

I did more than sleep in today. I slept most of the day! I couldn't believe it. Got up with the dog at 6, went back to bed at 7:30, slept until 11, got up for a while, back to bed at 12:30, up and went to insurance meeting, home and back to bed at 3:30 until 5:00 when I had to leave to meet my friends. What a wasted day. I don't feel any better. I'm still achy and sleepy. I go to school tomorrow, so I'm hoping that I'm perkier than this.

Mom4kids
10-18-2006, 06:36 PM
I think I ran 1 mile and walked .75 mile. I didn't die. DH wants to keep going. I think we will just walk tonight and try to run on Thurs. We'll see.

You did sleep alot. You know, I find that when I do that, it actually makes me more tired.

Where is Tina?

Susan, what kind of exercise do you do?

Tammy
10-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Well, I slept today away too! Didn't go to school. I just couldn't get moving. Bob has been the same way this week. I thought it was the fibro, but apparently it's something else since he's felt puny too.

Dee, good for you for getting out and doing something!! Bob and I walk together sometimes, but he always walks so fast. I can't keep up. I did go to the Y tonight for the aerobics. Thought that would help me wake up.

Tomorrow is an off day, so I need to get some things done around here. (other than napping!!)

Mom4kids
10-19-2006, 12:15 AM
Good for you for going to the Y. Sounds like he's might be catching something. I hope not.

I walked about 2 miles tonight, had to stop to use the potty and DH was going to finish the block,but I think he decided to run. :?: So much for 'we'll go at your pace'. You know you feel better when you exercise, I hope it will do something with my innards, get everything moving and some weightloss would be nice too. ;)

Has Tim started his new job?

auntie
10-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Hi guys,

Well Dad's out of the hospital, kitty is still here but her tumor is growing rapidly, we'll make a decision tonight after Pat gets home from talking to the vet. I think I already know the answer!!!

I'm doing good. I've been exercising hard!!! It does make me feel better! I think I feel muscles starting to form.

Dee, I joined Lifetime Fitness. When I'm not working with the trainer, I walk on the treadmill, and ride the bike. I have to keep my heart rate above 109 to 134. When I work out with Mitch, I do crunches, leg lifts, squats (which are hard:)) other leg stuff and then machines for my biceps and triceps and back. Then the other day, he had me boxing and jumping rope. It was a lot of fun!

I meet with the dietitican on Monday. I'll let you know what she has to say.

How is everyone doing?

Mom4kids
10-19-2006, 09:13 PM
Bad day. Went to WW knowing that I am swollen. Knowing that my finers look like sausages. I stepped on the scale shoes and all. Why bother taking them off, I was up l4-5 pounds. I am tired of the struggle. I am not quitting, I am going running tonite with DH, but I am worn out from the psychological part of this.

I would love to have a trainer, and I should probably invest in a nutritionist. Does insurance cover them?

Mom4kids
10-19-2006, 09:18 PM
Susan, sorry about your kitty. I am a cat lover, I can't imagine having to make the decision, bless your heart.

Good news about your dad.

auntie
10-19-2006, 09:33 PM
Dee,
Thanks! It's a hard decision. It seems like we've had to do that alot lately losing our horse last month.

I just decided that I would invest in a trainer to get me on the right track. The dietician is free, I'm sure they will try to sell me some sessions but I don't think I'll do that. I'll let you know what I learn.

Hang in there Dee!!! I puff up too. My trainer did tell me to make sure that I drink all my water. He says it helps burn fat.

Tammy
10-19-2006, 10:29 PM
Dee, Tim started his job last Sun. night/Mon. morning really. He worked from 3:30 AM-7:00 AM. He works the same shift later tonight. He takes his laptop, any work he has to do, snacks and a drink. He said that he slept from 11-3 the last time, so he was ready to go at 3:30.

Susan, glad that your dad is out of the hospital. Keep up posted on the kitty. Hugs for you!!

Guess what I did tonight? I visited a new WW chapter here in the town where we moved last winter. Tonight was their 3rd meeting. I thought I'd just go visit. I walked in the door, and the leader was the leader that I loved years and years ago!! We ran to each other and hugged and cried. She was there for me when I lost my parents, and about the same time, she lost her sister. We've been through a lot together. Anyway, I rejoined WW for the zillionth time. I bought a 10-week package thing. Hopefully that will get me going in the right direction. Bob isn't home, so he doesn't even know that I joined!!

Mom4kids
10-20-2006, 10:27 AM
I ran with DH last night. Ran the whole mile and a half. It took forever. I felt good when I was done. :running:

Tammy, I think that is neat that you found your leader/friend. I know you will do really well. :cheer2:

I like my leader, but last night I was very upset. I stepped on the scale and she looked at the scale and hugged me and said 'You're still here'. I just wish she really understood my frustration. I have now lost a total of 1 pound since July. I didn't stick around, I couldn't muster up any support, I went to my car and cried. I always stay to cheer everyone else on. Last night I was being very selfish. :(

GoddessInclined
10-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Hi, all!

Dee, congrats to Tim about job!
Susan, glad Dad's doing better & hope kitty's doing okay?
Tammy, hope you're feeling better, too, and how great to run into an old friend.

Football's over and sonny-boy was rewarded with a massage and a chiro adjustment for his poor, aching body.

We're having problems with his dad. Apparently, the belt was used during last visit and now the county's involved. I haven't been so stressed in forever, and feels like the stitches are unraveling. ::big deep breath:: Yoga, which I started in the morning on Monday, is helping, but on days that I miss (yesterday and today) I'm strung out, stressed, and irritible. Guess I have to keep doing it! That, & I missed the last two weigh-ins, I've been very bad, and gained back the three pounds. ARRRRAVHGHGHHTHAHFDSHFDS!!!!!!

Tina
10-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Hi All,

Dee, thank you for missing me!!!!!

My husband had a few days off work. We left town and played hookey. It was fun. Now, I must start eating right. :o I'm going to wait until Monday to step on my scales.

Tina

Mom4kids
10-20-2006, 07:55 PM
Playing hookey is nice. Got to enjoy it while you can. ;)

Tammy
10-20-2006, 08:39 PM
Tina, I missed you too!! Getting away is so much fun, isn't it?

Dee, good for you for running with hubby. I'm sorry that you cried when you left your meeting. Wish I could give you a hug.

Jody, stress can do so many awful things to our body, can't it? Take care and know that all of us are here if you need us.

I did great doing the program today, and I have points left for a snack later. I'm thinking popcorn and a Diet Pepsi. Maybe some grapes too because I still need another fruit/vegetable.

Does cheese count as a Milk Group?

Mom4kids
10-22-2006, 12:46 AM
Yes cheese is dairy. Glad you did well, you are off to a great start.

I am seriously thinking about the nutritionist, but I didn't see anything about them in my insurance book. Guess I will call them on Monday.

DH is at work. He went in at 8 am and is still there, it is now 11:45 pm. :mad: Our Saturday night plans were ruined. We didn't walk last night, and we didn't run tonite. UGH. Tomorrow, I do the lawn. Hope that helps.

Tammy
10-22-2006, 10:45 AM
Dee, I hope that you get to talk to a nutritionist. My family doctor made an appointment a couple years ago to see one, and at that time, there was no charge. When Bob went last year, there was a charge, and I'm pretty sure that our insurance wouldn't cover it.
Sorry about hubby working so long! Hope today is a better day for you. It is cool and rainy here, and I don't like that.

Did great on the points again yesterday, so that's 2 days on the program. The leader said that she wanted to see our food logs for the week when we come back on Thursday to make sure we understand how to use them, etc. She croak when she sees mine from yesterday. I ate at Burger King, McDonalds, and Wendys. lol I was gone all day because of the football game, so I didn't have much choice. I tried to make good choices. I used the Dining Out guide to help me out. I also drank lots of water!!! That's probably the biggest change for me. Trying to cut back on Diet Pepsi. I had also gotten into the habit of having a Real Pepsi about once a day. That's 3 points that I don't want to waste!!

In the booklet it says that if you are over 50 you need 3 dairy products each day. That will be a problem for me. I can get 1 or 2 in, but not sure about the 3rd one. I also hate to use a couple of points for the 3rd dairy when I'd rather use the points for something else. Aren't I awful???? lol

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend. Tim and Jess came home last night because Jess's grandparent's 50th wedding anniversary party is this afternoon. Tim and I planned to get up and go to church this morning, but decided that he needed some sleep. That late night shift Thurs./Fri., then classes all day Friday, then getting up at 6 yesterday to meet the rest of the percussion for breakfast, then the Homecoming Parade in the morning, then the football game (which was soooooooooo long), then staying up and talking too late -- sleep was needed. Bad thing is, I didn't go to church either.

Next weekend he'll be on his fall break, so we have to go to church. He hasn't been there since he left Aug. 11. He's been to a church where he goes to school though.

I think I've rambled on enough.

Mom4kids
10-22-2006, 11:18 AM
DH got home at 1:45 am and got back up and went in at 9 am. I told him he should be so dedicated to his marriage and family. We never spend time together. We didn't even walk/run two nights in a row. I have been feeling like a single parent.

So Tammy,
How was all the fast food? I ate Mc'Donalds with the kids and I felt like dirt. I think it is wonderful that you are doing so well with your points keep it up.
Did you get observed yet?

Sorry Bob is feeling so yucky, hope he is all better soon!

Where is Tina, and Susan and all of our new girls? It is quiet here.

Tina
10-22-2006, 03:03 PM
I'm here, really I am. :D
I was really tired on Friday. I have to recover from my vacation. :lol:
So far, I've unpacked all of the carry-on and parts of the two checked cases. It was such a pain traveling this time. I had to pack all the toiletries and make-up in the checked cases-----because of the security alert. Security at the airports was really strict again this year, like it was after 9/11.
Dee, sorry your husband had to work so late.
Tammy, you did so good at the fast food places. I'm proud of you!!!

I agree about not wanting to spend 2 extra pts. for milk. But, I've got a way around it.....just take 2 calcium pills instead. I get Citrical w/vitamin D. that's what my ob/gyn thinks is good.
I usually have one glass of skim milk and on container of ff yogurt with the 2 pills every day.

Everyone have a great day. It's nice and cool here.

Tammy
10-22-2006, 08:55 PM
Dee, I remember when Bob worked 2nd shirt when Tim was younger. I was the one who did everything with him. There were people who didn't even know that Bob existed since he was always working. The fast food really didn't bother me that much. At Burger King, I had a bacon, cheese, and egg croisandwich but I pulled off the top part and threw it away. Don't like them that much. Mcdonalds was a cheeseburger, bottled water, and vanilla cone when we left. Wendy's was a small bowl of chili.

I was observed Friday morning, and the kids were so good! Haven't had my follow-up meeting with him yet, so I hope he thinks things went well.

I'm seriously thinking about sleeping in Tim's room tonight to stay away from Bob. I do not need to catch what he has.

Tina, I have to recover from just going to school!! The calcium pills is a good idea. I have milk on my cereal and then a yogurt for lunch. Do you know that you can count a milkshake as one of your milk servings????? I just read that today. Blew my mind! Why can't all cheeses count for milk servings? I eat the lowfat string cheese for snacks quite a bit. I keep them at school to keep me out of the snacks in the lounge.

I'll be taking Tim to McDonalds in Greenville soon to meet Jess. It's partway for both of them when they go back to school. She has her car on campus which has been nice for both of them. Wonder if she'll be my daughter in law some day? Right now I would say yes.

Mom4kids
10-22-2006, 10:51 PM
So Jess is his girlfriend? (remember I am new here). That is cool.

Poor Bob, but you don't want to catch anything. I wouldn't blame you for sleeping elsewhere. Sometimes I feel like sneaking out on the couch, especially when the two little ones are in my bed with DH and me.

Didn't run tonite, but will get up early to run tomorrow am.

Tammy
10-22-2006, 11:16 PM
Sorry Dee! Yes, Jess is his girlfriend. They've been together for 3 years. They broke up a couple of times for a couple of weeks each time, but they seem pretty happy.

When we met Jess at McDonalds I seriously thought about getting a vanilla shake just to get a milk serving in!!! lol I love those shakes! Instead, I came home and ate grapes, a string cheese, and a Diet Pepsi. Ended up with 21 points for the day. I'm allowed a gazillion since I weigh so much, so I am a bit low.

Tina
10-23-2006, 12:34 AM
Good for you, Tammy.....
I don't know about the shakes counting as milk.
It's amazing that not all cheese counts towards milk points. Non fat cottage cheese doesn't count at all. I eat the stuff because it'll fill me and has few points.

Dee, good for you for getting up early to run.

Susan, you'd better bundle up tomorrow because it's getting cold.
Sis, how are you doing????? I bet you hated for your vacation time to end.
Maureen, how much snow have you had so far?
Where is everyone else?????

Tammy
10-23-2006, 07:37 AM
Tina, in the WW materials that I just got, it has that a milkshake counts as a milk serving. I really don't understand that. Also ricotta cheese counts, but I don't think any others do. Maybe I'll ask at the meeting on Thursday.

Decided to check in this morning before I hit the shower. Even though I'm weighing on Thursday at WW, I'm still going to base my tracker on the home scales since I had restarted the butterfly not long ago. And if the scales go down, that butterfly will be moving no matter what day it is!

I can relate about it being cold. Close to 32 right now. Not ready for this!!!

GoddessInclined
10-23-2006, 10:37 AM
Tammy...

Just a quick thought on the 3 dairy servings.

As you may recall, I work for a chiropractor, who has a big problem with dairy. Now, I like milk, and I would literally DIE without cheese, and sorely miss sour cream if it disappeared off the planet. That being said, I do NOT get my two servings of dairy a day like WW says because of the things I hear from the DoC. Dairy apparently causes mucous buildup in the body--eww--and can exacerbate allergies and respiratory problems. I think WW's goal in getting dairy in is really to get calcium, hence the extra daily serving for the youngest, pregnant, and older participants. Anyhoo, you're better off to take a REALLY GOOD calcium supplement (along with magnesium and Vitamins A&D, which aid in calcium absorption) than to necessarily get all your dairies in. Besides, there are much better, more easily absorbed sources of calcium in other foods, such as whole (think canned) salmon, dark green leafies, almonds, hazlenuts, garbanzo beans, black beans....the list goes on....

Your PSA of the day.... :)

Tammy
10-23-2006, 09:50 PM
Jody, you are probably right about the calcium. I'll have to check my vitamins and see just what's in them. I eat broccoli alot. Does that count as calcium? I have almonds at home and at school.

Does this mean I shouldn't drink 3 milkshakes a day???? Just Kidding!!

Tina
10-23-2006, 10:39 PM
Sorry to say that broccoli doesn't have that much calcium in it.
Stay with skim milk and lots of calcium pills. :D

How is everyone this evening? I got in my exercise today.
I cleaned both of our bathrooms and walked on the treadmill for 30 min.
Now I'm bushed.
Hope everyone is doing well OP.

Tammy
10-23-2006, 11:18 PM
Bummer to the broccoli. I just bought some skim milk but didn't get any calcium pills.
Stayed OP again today. Something must be wrong with me because this is almost too easy. lol I got on the scales this morning. I knew that I had gained a few but didn't move the butterfly. Now I've really lost the 5 that shows, and 1/2 more. Wish the trackers showed 1/2 pound increments.

I did plenty of walking at school today. I really need to get a new pedometer or figure out how to change the battery in mine. I'm pitiful!!

Come and clean our bathrooms Tina!!

Mom4kids
10-24-2006, 12:29 AM
I did go out this morning to run/walk. It was creepy and the neighbors boxer came out of the dark barking at me. I almost went into cardiac arrest.(should have stayed in and cleaned the bathrooms ;) ) I went out, again, tonite with DH and did 2.02 miles. I think I will stick to the night thing with DH, it feels much safer.

LOL on the milkshakes. Tammy, if you are below your points, a little milkshake wouldn't be bad. 3 might be a tad bit too much. :D

Tomorrow is DH's (Stacy Sr.) and DS(Jesse's) birthday. I gave DH his stuff tonight, I am sure he will be working all day and night tomorrow. I am keeping Jesse out of school so we can spend the day together. I think it will be nice for him and I to spend time alone.

"Dairy apparently causes mucous buildup in the body--eww--and can exacerbate allergies and respiratory problems" I didn't know this, but I do know that I cannot drink milk like I used to, and forget cheese. It really does a number on my body. Interesting what you can learn from a chiropractor. You'd think my Gastro would be on top of this. LOL.

Thinking of ditching Core, I really did better on Flex. I really need to track to stay on top of things.

Tammy
10-24-2006, 07:22 AM
Dee, that dog would have scared me to death! I don't do surprises well. Bummer to not having 3 shakes a day. Even when I was pigging out all the time I never did that!! Happy Birthday to the 2 of them!!

A woman at the meeting last week was talking about doing away with Core and going to Flex. I looked over the Core section, and I knew that it really wasn't for me. At least not right now. Sometime down the road I might try it for a week to see how I like it.

Have a great day everyone! Off day for me, but I'm off to the doctor for x-rays of the lower back about possibly getting shots to help with the arthritis pain. Not fun, but neither is the pain.

Tammy
10-24-2006, 10:34 AM
I was able to move my butterfly this morning!! Woo hoo!! Hope this continues. Not sure if I'll make it to -12 by the time I go back to my doctor on Nov. 8 though. I figure he should be pleased that I lost any. lol

Tammy
10-24-2006, 07:32 PM
I posted a question about the dairy products on another thread, and I'm glad that I did. In the Week 1 book it lists the milk servings on Page 38. I was just looking on the page where it listed the cheeses. I didn't need to be in a panic after all. There goes my daily milkshake!

Tammy
10-25-2006, 08:04 AM
Hmmm. Me again. I got to move the butterfly again. I know I shouldn't weigh every day, but it is giving me some motivation. I used some of my extra 35 points last night for the first time this week. I went to a meeting at the church, and that piece of apple pie jumped right into my hands!

I go back to the doctor tomorrow for injections in the back. He did x-rays yesterday, and he actually showed them to me and pointed things out. I liked that. Made me feel better to see why I've been hurting. He said that the fall I had 2 1/2 years ago probably aggravated the arthritis. The rheumatologist feels that's what triggered the fibromyalgia too. I should have sued the school. Too late now.

Off to school. I'm into a new schedule now, working with more 3rd graders. I'll have to keep my schedule pinned to me to remember where I'm supposed to be!!

Tina
10-25-2006, 10:51 AM
Tammy, that butterfly is going to just fly off the page. :lol: congratulations!!!
It's good to have a doctor that actually explains things. I hope the injections help you.

Susan, where are you?
Sis and Maureen, where are you?
Everyone-----where are you?
Does anyone see a pattern here? I miss the members and want y'all to "come home."

katiesmom710
10-25-2006, 12:17 PM
Hi Auntie!
I'm a McKinneyite, as well! I think I will make my weight day Thursday, as I beginning over again. I do well for a month or so, and fall off the wagon again....

Tina
10-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi Katiesmom, welcome to this group. We are a lively bunch who gives lots of support.

I'm going back to meetings, starting tomorrow. I haven't been in ages. I've been weighing at home.

Tina
10-25-2006, 11:40 PM
Can y'all believe that it's going to be November next week! Is it just me or does everyone think the days are going by faster? Could Global Warming be causing this! :lol: :lol:

Tammy, how are you feeling? I hope that injection tomorrow helps you.

Susan, where are you?

Brandy, how is your business going? Have you made things for Halloween?:dracula:

I'm planning on going to a meeting tomorrow. It's been ages since I went to one. I hope they still have my records. :o

Mom4kids
10-25-2006, 11:41 PM
The 24th was hectic with two:sklol: :sklol: birthdays in my house. It was nice.
Today I worked. I am tired and a little sore. DH and I have been consistant with the nightly exercise. We went again tonite with aches and pains too! I bought the neoprene shorts and a pedometer that I am trying to learn to use. It is pretty cool, according to that I walked 6.75 miles. (including my 1.5 mile run/walk).

I sure wish my ticker would move. I should change it. Maybe to a ten pound goal. I have been doing this for my second week and I haven't lost an ounce and now it is time to go to weigh in tomorrow. :moo:

Where's Susan?

HI KATIESMOM!! Welcome....we are a lively bunch just like Tina said... :faint:

:D

Mom4kids
10-25-2006, 11:52 PM
Sorry Tina, we were posting at the same time. :)

November is coming quick. Christmas is gonna be here like a slap in the face. I haven't started shopping yet. Heck I haven't even had my birthday yet! Which is Tuesday.... :eek:

Good luck at your meeting tomorrow!

Tina
10-25-2006, 11:56 PM
Dee
So Halloween is your birthday? How great!
We'll have an online party for you. :):):):):)

Mom4kids
10-26-2006, 05:53 PM
Yep, and for the last 13 years I have been spending my birthday trick or treating with the kids. So I think this weekend DH and I are going to celebrate, probably Friday. Of course, that is if he remembers.

Tina
10-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Dee, make sure your husband remembers your bd. Give him little hints. If they don't work, hit him over the head. :o

Mom4kids
10-26-2006, 06:20 PM
:frypan:

There is a smilie for everything!

Tammy
10-26-2006, 08:26 PM
I like Tina's way of thinking!!!! Too funny!!

Had some problems at the doctor today. I had to be there at 10 for the back injections at 10:30. They had problems with another patient, and I heard them talking to his family, which started making me even more nervous. The nurse saw how upset I was becoming, so she gave me a shot to relax me. I'm so glad she did. They didn't get to me until 11:45. I bent over a while ago to pick something up, and my back didn't hurt. I hope that's a good sign.

I bought a box of the lemon 2 point bars at the meeting tonight. They were $4.50. Are they that much everywhere? I posted on the WI thread, but I'll put it here too. Down 5 pounds! Thrilled isn't the word for it.

Tammy
10-27-2006, 07:50 AM
Me again. I like the first couple of weeks at WW cause the scales seem to move in the right direction. I moved my butterfly again. I know I should wait until Thursday for the official WI, but I like the motivation that it gives me when I can do it whenever the number is lower. Still wish it showed 1/2 pounds, but I'll deal with it. lol

FRIDAY! I've been busier this week than I've been in ages because of the doctor's appointments on Tues. and Thurs.

Tim will be home for the weekend because of his fall break. I told him he needs to help me stay OP.

Rain expected all day again.
Have a great Friday!

mslee514
10-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Hello everyone. I decided to join this chat. My name is Leeann, I live in Tampa Florida (anyone else from here). I am married to a wonderful man of God named Patrick and have two overall wonderful daughters, Kristi (17) and Emilie(13). I joined ww because I want to have a breast reduction. I was already denied because of my weight. So I am going to do what it takes to get r done.
I have lived in Tampa all my life. I am trying to live through my daughters graduation. I can't believe how expensive it is. For anouncements and cap and gown it was $223.88. Next I have to pay for grad night and Cap & Gown pictures. I don't know how my parents did it.
I have been married for 3 years now to Patrick. He is truly my soul mate. We complete each other. There are alot of obisticles to get over with him and my daughter Kristi. The are so much alike and are always butting heads. She is more like him then her biological father.
I had my first weigh in yesterday and actually lost 4.4lbs:carrot: I could not believe it.
I can't wait til I can fit in to these two brand new outfits that I bought from Metro Style online. I bought them in what I thought was my size(16) and got very depressed when they both were to small. So I will post a picture when I can get in to them.
I really will need alot of support. I don't get much excersise because I have some hip,shoulder and foot problems. I have been taking the stairs more and park further from the stores so I have to walk.
Oh, last friday around 11:30 pm I put on my MP3 player with head phones and started cleaning and dancing. I am so glad my family was asleep because they probably would have commited me to a mental institution if they saw me. I know I looked stupid (especially since I can't dance) but when I was done I was covered in sweat and realized I was dance cleaning for 2 hours. My husband almost died laughing when I told him and my kids think I am a dork anyways but I actually had fun.
Well I guess I bored you all enough. I hope to get to know you.
Have a blessed day and week.

Tammy
10-27-2006, 06:55 PM
Welcome Leeann!! I'm from Ohio. My husband has family in Tampa. We've been married 25 years, and we have a son, Tim, age 18, a freshman in college. We did ok with the graduation prices last year because Tim just didn't want the stuff, so we bought very little. You had a great weigh-in!! Keep it up. I just started back to meetings last week myself. I attend a water aerobics class at the Y two nights a week. I have arthritis in my knees and spine (just had injections in the back yesterday for the pain). I also have fibromyalgia, so I'm up and down with how I feel. Too funny about the dancing and cleaning!!

I am tired of the rain. Most of the day yesterday, all day today. Hope it stops. Too depressing.

I ate too much today. I haven't figured out the points yet, but I'm dreading it.

Mom4kids
10-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Welcome Leeann, I am in Homestead!! I am married and have four children ages 13, 12, 6 and4. I have been on WW this time since July. I have only lost a few pounds, I am dealing with some body/health issues. I did WW before and lost 28 pounds. It really works. I run/walk for exercise. I am hoping to get a MP3 player for my birthday so I can dance/clean too! LOL.

I lost 1/2 apound. I was still sad about that because I have been so diligent about running/walking for the past couple weeks and was hoping that would do something. Oh well, there is always next Thursday.

Of course DH is working late again. He has to work tomorrow. We have plans to go out with friends, I even have the babysitter lined up. I hope he doesn't fudge this or :club:

mslee514
10-27-2006, 11:06 PM
Well Dee remember muscle does weigh more than fat. If you are being a good girl and walking/running then maybe you should look at your inches also. I need to start walking more.
Tammy I can feel for you because I am currently in PT for shoulder problems. Actually the whole right side of my body seems to have broke. My shoulder, hip, wrist and even the big toe. Seeing an ortho and gotta get some MRI's to try to find out what is really wrong. The PT is killing me though.
Kristi(my oldest) went to Hallowscreem at Busch Gardens. She went with her friend. I don't celebrate Halloween. At church we have an alternative for the children so they can at least get candy. I like helping with that.
To everyone: Thank you for your support. If there is anything I can do, let me know.

Tammy
10-27-2006, 11:07 PM
Dee, I love the smilies!! Maybe the running is affecting the loss? Muscle?? Hubby better be there for you to go out with friends. Tell him you have lots of friends to back you up!!

Tammy
10-27-2006, 11:10 PM
Leeann, we were posting at the same time!! Great minds think alike, right?

We have Harvest Parties at our school instead of Halloween Parties. Most of the students are able to participate which is so much nicer for everyone. We have several students who can't do that either, so we always have an alternative activity for them.

Tina
10-27-2006, 11:42 PM
Hi all,
Leeann, it's really nice to have you with us now.
Several of us are from Texas. Come over some time. ;)

Tammy, did Tim get home? I bet Kramer was happy to see him and probably won't let him out of his sight. How is Bob? I'm so glad you are able to bend.

It's cold and windy here. Brrrr.....

Maureen, Sis, Amy, Susan, Brandy, everyone----I hope y'all have a great OP weekend.

auntie
10-28-2006, 12:07 AM
Hi,
What a week it has been!!!! I had a 2 day migraine! It hurt so bad yesterday that I put my head down on my desk during my planning period. If I had been stopped they would have tought I was drunk. I was in bed at 8.

Welllll, I met with the dietician on Monday or Tuesday. She said "you are not eating enought calories." She also said that I need to balance my meals and have 5 small meals a day. At each meal, I should have a grain, protein, milk and fruit/ or veggie. I really havent' been hungry this way either. She said I need to eat every 3-4 hours. I'll let you know how it goes.

Sorry I've been MIA. Having a killer headache put me out of commission for a couple of days. I think I told you I had to have Oksana, my cat put to sleep.

Hope everyone is well...... Hugs!

Tammy
10-28-2006, 07:45 AM
Yes, Tim made it home!! Usually when I walk in the door, Kramer follows me around, but yesterday afternoon he followed Tim everywhere. They spent quite a bit of time playing last night. No wonder Kramer went to bed early!!

It has been cool and rainy here. I'm hoping for no rain today because we have some shopping to do to "winterize" Tim for school.

Susan, I'm so sorry about those headaches! I'm also sorry about the loss of Okasana. Take care sweetie!!

Tina
10-28-2006, 09:58 AM
It's cold here this morning........Brrrr......
Okay, it's not freezing--not even down to the 40's....more like the mid 50's (don't laugh). That is way too cool for me. I'd do good living in the tropics. :lol:
Susan, I'm so glad you finally posted. My heart goes out to you over your loss. I'm always here for you, like you've been for me during my grieving period.
Everyone have a good day.

Mom4kids
10-28-2006, 10:35 AM
Susan, I am sorry about your kitty. :(
Migraines are the worst. I'm sorry you were suffering. Hoping things are better for you.

Tina,
OMG it is cold there, It was 60 here and I was so cold. I moved to S. Florida to be warm.

Hence the reason I am so looking forward to going to Wright Patt, Ohio. :snow4: :nono:

Tammy, who is Kramer? Did you cook Tim something yummy?

Tonite we are doing sushi. How bad it is for you? I am not a big sushi eater, don't know much about it. Is any of it healthy???

Leeann, my friend took her kids to Disney for their Halloween Party, she said it was wonderful. It was totally kid oriented and safe.

Tina
10-28-2006, 10:53 AM
Dee, are you having to permanently move to Ohio? Brrr....., if you are.
You and I would do good together.....no cold weather for us. :lol:

There are so many planned activities here for kids at Halloween. It's not "scarey" for parents like it used to be. Oh, I heard of one city that was rounding up all the sex offenders for Halloween night. Is that legal? I don't think so. (A good idea but not legal.)

Today I'm going to drink at least 8 glasses of water. Who else will do it, too?!?

Mom4kids
10-28-2006, 11:50 AM
Nope, not moving there. I am going there for some training in January. Not long enough to get used to it and not long enough to spend the money on warm clothes.

Water? water....hmmmn. I might drink some of that today. Ok, I'll join you.:D

Tammy
10-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Dee, But you will be here long enough for the two of us to get together!!!!
Kramer is our dachsund (almost 13 years old). I didn't even cook anything last night. We stopped at one of our favorite places on the way home yesterday and had nachos. One of Tim's friends works there, so we were able to visit with him for a while.

I've had some water today, but probably not enough yet. I'm getting Bob's cold now, and I'm just kind of out of it (more than usual). bob just went to the grocery. We were talking about making chili, but I think he's planning that for tomorrow and something else for tonight. Not sure what. I had a bowl of Kashi cereal for breakfast, and I ate a brownie a while ago left over from the party yesterday. Yes, I'm counting my points. lol

auntie
10-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Hi,
It was a beautiful day here. A little chilly this morning. Brrrr!!!! I agree with Dee and Tina...... cold isn't for me. Only about a day of it! :)

I went to work out this afternoon and missed Oksana when I was taking my bath. She always came and sat next to me and drank the water. Pat is playing. I decided with the time change that I would stay home. I don't seem to do well with the time change.

I'm going to be in Houston in Match and hope to get to see Tina. I can't wait.

Well, I'm off to watch a week worth of General Hospital. Good thing for Tivo.

Tammy
10-28-2006, 11:07 PM
Susan, I think it's cool that you and Tina might meet up!! That has to be so hard without Oksana there. I feel for you.

I just changed the clock in this room, and now it seems like I should stay up later. I'm planning to hit the pillow pretty soon. I took a couple of naps today. I really didn't want to get Bob's cold. Silly guy. He should have sent it somewhere else.

mslee514
10-28-2006, 11:37 PM
Auntie, I hope your Migraines go away. I will pray for you (Dear Lord God, I come to you right now and ask for a total healing over Auntie's migraines. Lord God I ask that you take them away and they never come back. Also Lord God I ask you to wrap your arms around Auntie and comfort her and ease her heart for her loss of her cat. Let her feel your presence and know that you have everything under control. In you most holy name I pray. AMEN). Hope I did not offend anyone. I was taught that if I say I am going to pray for someone, not to let it wait until later because usually you forget about it.

Tina thans for the invite, maybe one day I will visit Texas but I love Florida. Actually wore shorts today. I think the high was 75. It was beautiful. About the sex offenders - it is very legel. They do that here every Halloween. It is for the safety of the kids and this way the offender can't get any ideas. I am glad they do it. Well I hope all of you have a blessed night. Talk to you later.

Mom4kids
10-29-2006, 01:24 AM
Amen!

auntie
10-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Thanks LeeAnn & Dee!!!!! Head feels much better.

I went to the store last night and got the best shrimp from the meat counter. It was spicy and already cooked. It was so good. I might have to go get some more later today.

Nothing exciting happening here. It's hard to believe that Wed. is Nov. 1. Who has started their Christmas shopping? Believe it or not, I have. I got these really neat holding crosses for my siblings and my aunt. I have one and it's great and very comforting just to hold it. That doesn't mean I've done anything else :)

Tammy, I know Kramer is very happy to have Tim home. When I would go home, my cat that I had growing up would follow me and sleep with me, etc. Just like when I was a kid.

Tina, how are you doing my friend?

Tammy
10-29-2006, 08:38 PM
Amen from me too!!

Susan, that shrimp sounds yummy!! I love shrimp. I have a few things bought for Christmas, but not much. It's easy for the nieces and nephews now. Money/gift cards.

Bob made chili for supper. It was delicious!

Our preacher has been doing his sermons based on Max Lucado's book Traveling Light. I finally bought the book, and I've been reading it. Quite good.

Tina
10-30-2006, 04:28 PM
It's Monday,
I went to my doctor's today. Silly thing---all he did was give me my blood test results. (great results) But, I was hoping for a flu shot. They were out of the vaccine. I'm on a waiting list now. According to this insurance co., if I get the shot from the PCP's office, it's paid for--free. If I go some place else, I have to pay for it. Insurance companies!!!! GRRRRR...

Tammy, I know you are hating for Tim to return to school. Just think--it won't be that long until Thanksgiving. How long does he get off?
Susan, keep your chin up and get rid of that headache.
Sis, I miss your postings.
Maureen, are you having snow. Congrats on staying OP
Dee, keep it warm down there.
Leeann, what's new?
Brandy, how is the candle business?
Amy, where are you!!!!!
Mimi, are you still reading the posts?

Tammy
10-30-2006, 10:10 PM
Tina, Bob just got a flu shot last week at our doctor. I go next week, and I don't know if they'll have any left or not. Good for you on good blood test results! That's always a relief, isn't it? I go for tests on Thurs. morning, and then I'll get my results next week. Mine is glucose only. I think since the doctor told me once that he thought I was going to be diabetic, he keeps testing me to prove that he's right. Insurace companies can be so frustrating!!!!

Tim will be home on Nov. 19 for the day. That's when we have our Thanksgiving with my brothers and their families. He'll have classes on the 20th and 21st, then come home on the 22nd. We'll go to my aunt's house on Thanksgiving Day, then on Friday the 24th, we go to Muncie for a football game. That will be their last game of the season. After the game, he'll come home for the rest of that weekend. The semester exams end on Dec. 15, so he'll be home from then until Jan. 8 (I think). I have done better than I thought I would with him being gone. I think since he isn't that far away and we either email or call it has helped.

I changed my butterfly again this morning. I may have to change it back after the supper that I ate though.

auntie
10-30-2006, 11:16 PM
Hi,
Hope everyone had a great day. Mine was pretty good. Remember my friend's daughter that was in that horrible wreck in June. Where she was in a coma for several weeks.... etc.... Anyways, there was a party at my old district for her because the Rehab place wants her to move into an apartment. So it was basically a shower. My friend started crying when she saw me. Her daughter looked great.

Tina, is it cool down there? Great job on the blood work!!!! I go back in January

Tammy, I can't believe Tim is almost finished with his first semester of school.

Can you believe that in 2 days it will be November?

Tammy
10-31-2006, 09:03 AM
Susan, what a wonderful idea for the party! Glad that the girl is looking good.
It really is amazing how fast the semester is going. With the classes he took last year in high school, when he goes back in January he will be a sophomore. Now that's scary!

It's a good thing that tomorrow is November since we have been very talkative on this thread. I think this is the longest one we've ever had, but I'm not positive on that.

Off day today. I like that. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!! It's raining here again.

Mom4kids
10-31-2006, 10:07 AM
I am off today too!

I got up early to get the food ready for all of my kids Halloween parties at school. That was the easy part. Getting them dressed and dropped off with all the goodies was a the pain. But I am done, I can relax in front of the tv, doing NOTHING today. Until, of course, they come home and have to go trick or treating.

It is super warm today, but it already rained. It will probably rain on and off today. I hope not.

I don't like flu shots. Like clockwork, I get one every year.

Tina
10-31-2006, 10:35 AM
:bat: Goood Morning :dracula:
I hope everyone is ready for a ghoolish day and evening.

On a lighter note---:hb: Happy Birthday to Dee :gift: I'm so glad you have today off. Enjoy
My wonderful husband went to Starbucks before leaving for work. He left me a beautiful pumpkin scone for my breakfast. It was delicious. Of course, that means a 0 pt. salad for lunch and lots of walking on the treadmill.

Mom4kids
10-31-2006, 12:34 PM
Thank you Tina!

I am dressing as a witch tonite, with my daughter. Of Course the costume looks waaaay better on her, LOL! :witch:

mslee514
10-31-2006, 01:52 PM
Well happy day to you all.
Happy Birthday Dee. I hope your day is great.
Great Job on the Blood Work Tina.
Good Job on moving that Butterfly Tammy.
I go Friday for an MRI of my Hip, shoulder and wrist. Then Friday night I go see Transciberan Orchestra. It was a birthday gift from me to my husband. I can't wait.
Today at work we had a pot luck. I think I did good. I had salad, broccoli caserole and a fried chicken breast from Publix(took off the skin). How many points do you think the chicken was??? I guessed about 5points. For the caserole I had about 3 tablespoons of it and guessed about 2 points. Oh yeah, I make a diet cupcake that is only 2 ww points. All you do is get cake mix and a can or 12 oz of your favorite diet soda mix and bake according to the instructions. They are great. Today I had Vanilla w/Diet Orange Soda. Yum Yum.
Well tonight I go to church to help with Hallelujah Night then I will go see my grandson. He trick-or-treats. I tried to talk him out of it but I couldn't. Oh well. I hope everyone has a great night. Be safe.
PS
Here is a picture of my family: Emilie, Kristi, Me and my husband Patrick
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/mslee514/weddingday.jpg

Tina
10-31-2006, 02:10 PM
I just put Leeann's photo on our Photo Thread.
Please go over there and see it. It's great!!!
Leeann, thanks for sending it to us.

mslee514
10-31-2006, 02:14 PM
Gee Tina, you are quick. I will try to get a more recent picture this weekend. Have a wonderful day.

auntie
10-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Happy Halloween!!!! :)

I ate way to much junk today. It was my assistant's birthday so we had a little party. Plus one of the parents sent rice krispie treats and we decorated them. My kids were so funny. I wore blue finger nails. My one little girl kept laughing and would pop them off. By about 2 they were all off and in her bag.

I skipped exercising tonight because I didnt' want to be on the rode with the trick or treaters. I would rather be safe. We never have any here.

Oh, remember the lady I gave all of Seamus' things too or at least the big things. She came back to work and I had to go to the pharmacy. It was her second day back and she was there with the baby. It's the first time I have been able to get near a baby without crying. She was also using the carrier that goes with the stroller I gave her. It was really good to see her and the baby. I think that's major progress.

LeeAnn, I love your picture.

Dee, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday to you......

Tina, do you like the pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks? I love it but haven't gotten any this year.

Tammy, Oh wow, Tim a sophmore!!!!!!!

Mimi, where are you sweetie?

Tammy
10-31-2006, 10:41 PM
Happy Birthday Dee!!!! Did you have fun tonight?

Tina, what a sweet hubby you have!!!

Leeann, your meal sounds delicious, and your family picture is beautiful!! That orchestra is supposed to be in Dayton sometime in December. I thought about getting tickets, but I haven't yet. I think Bob and Tim would both enjoy it.

It's a good thing they give you extra points during the week at WW. Last week I didn't get into the extra ones until the next to last day. With Tim being home, I've been going over and using those extra points. I learn about the exercise point thing this week at the meeting. I hope my walking and water aerobics helps me get things balanced out somehow.

Tammy
10-31-2006, 10:44 PM
Susan, we were typing at the same time again! I love RK treats. I am so proud of how you did with the baby and Seamus' things. It has to be so hard, but you have come so far. Yep, Tim a sophomore. He was talking over the weekend about where he will do his internship for criminal justice. I'm not ready for that! He doesn't have to make a decision until next fall, but I guess it's good to start thinking.

Tina
11-01-2006, 12:28 AM
Finally, it's time for a new thread.
Don't post here now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!