Closed Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 11:49 AM   #1  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

S/C/G: 260/176/175

Height: 5' 10"

Default Alternachick Chat - Oct 2006

Hey ladies - thought I would jump in and start the new month off.

I went to portland this weekend to move my aunts stuff back to her.

New Jeans that show off weight loss - $25
Tight shirt - $15

Running into an old boyfriend that was a jerk and having him say how good you look and very likely regret having let you get away...Priceless.

All in all a pretty good trip.
Old 10-01-2006, 02:55 PM   #2  
Pending Email Confirmation

pj - that is awesome. You are doing so great too. 73 lbs is so good.

I can't even believe it is October already. I don't even want to think about it!!!
Old 10-01-2006, 05:28 PM   #3  
buzzzzzz!

S/C/G: 232/219/140

Height: 5'4"

All right PJ!!

I'm... well, I haven't gained any, so I'll count that as a victory. I think I really need to get to the root of my emotional eating but I keep putting it off. "I'll do it tomorrow," I say. Every day. *sighhhhh*

But that's okay. I'll just look at every day as a chance to start over. I'll start over every single day if that's what I need to do.
Old 10-01-2006, 05:30 PM   #4  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

pj- awesome!

Definitely a fall day here. I went with my parents to a butterfly expo - nearly passed out from the humidity in the greenhouse but it was worth it to see all the gorgeous butterflies flying around everywhere.

We also went to that retail **** called IKEA where I spent $30.00 on stuff I probably didn't need It was a mob scene and I was glad to get out of there when I did.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:38 AM   #5  
buzzzzzz!

I wish I had an IKEA!

I will when I move to the West Coast though!

Today I discovered pandora.com and shared it with my partner, and we have both been really excited about discovering new music together, even though we're half a country apart.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:44 AM   #6  

Sashabee, how long until you move? I bet you can't wait!

This weekend is Canadian Thanksgiving and I will be busy most of the weekend. DH wants to go see Texas Chainsaw Massacre tonight, I have to do groceries, friends are coming over on Saturday night for a joint birthday party with DH and another one of our friends and then I'm making a family dinner on Sunday. I think I will spend most of the holiday Monday sleeping and/or relaxing.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:46 PM   #7  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

Looks like Oct will be just as busy as sept.

This weekend we have friends down from pdx for rifle hunting (ick - my dh is bowhunter, much more sporting) anyway my horse is also coming home tomorrow and tomorrow night I am camping in the pasture with him to make sure he doesnt freak out.

Next weekend I have to go Roseburg for groceries since the 21st we have to go to La Pine for Grandma J funeral - she was 87 or 88 and lived a long fufilled life.

The 28th I am going backpacking/camping to bunchgrass meadows with 3 other women and 2 dogs. Fall camping - brr. But at least I wont need half the water I usually carry since it wont be hot. And my neufy/shepard mix is very hot blooded and warms up any space he inhabits - even in the snow.

I think my folks are going to visit the first week of Nov and we are going up there for turkey day. Then we shouldnt have to leave home again until well into spring - unless I do some winter hiking - I just have this urge to hike way up in the hills to the snow and drag along a tube and do some tubing and camping - even if just a day trip with cocoa and fire.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #8  
buzzzzzz!

Oh man, everyone's so busy this month!

I have no clue when I'm moving. It'll be after he finds a job... and at that point I'll put in my two weeks at work, and after that I'll be headed to the Bay Area.

And THEN I will be as extraordinarily busy as the rest of you.
Old 10-08-2006, 09:36 PM   #9  
Cute & Fluffy

S/C/G: 219/217/150

Height: Short!

I am way busy too. Work is crazy as ususal. I also am trying to start packing my house. Mostly, just because I needed to do something. so I have been packing books, decorations, etc. I am going through and getting rid of a bunch of stuff too. On Friday, I am heading to the other coast. The people I interviewed with 2 weeks ago are flying me out to meet them this time. I will seem them next week. I am trying not to get too excited. I don't actually have the job yet, but it is just so close! I am really hoping this is it.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving Canadian chicks!

Enjoy your day off Mauvais!

PJ - have fun with all your camping!

Hello Sashabee & Lizziness!

Last edited by squeaker; 10-09-2006 at 06:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:32 AM   #10  
Kaipo "Sweetheart"

My sweetheart (Kaipo) horse, is home and well and living up to his name.

He is doing great and has met the other horse though we are keeping them apart for now. When DH returns this week I will have him put them on the same fence line (adjoining pastures) during the day while he is out there to keep an eye and separate again at night. We wont put them all together until Kai is at least a year old and can stand up to big Beau. Plus he needs to be gelded before he can go in with Pepsi, colts can be fertile at 6 mons but usually not until 10 mos.

It didnt take him long to settle in and he loves attention. When a car goes by him down the drive he whinnies - saying hey - I am here - come love on me. So cute.
Old 10-10-2006, 09:18 AM   #11  

Good luck with your interview Squeaker!

Well I made it through the weekend. We did not go see the movie but I hosted a birthday party on Saturday night and then Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. I spent most of Monday sitting on my porch reading and drinking tea. We had gorgeous warm and sunny weather all weekend.
Old 10-12-2006, 09:22 AM   #12  

Another rainy fall day here but I have a lovely view of a park from my office and I am admiring the fall colours of the trees.

Hope everyone is having a lovely day!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:41 PM   #13  
Cute & Fluffy

It's actually snowing here. We are expected to get 1-3". It is't that unusual to get a few flakes that don't stick toward the end of October - but this is something new!

And I am heading to Cali tomorrow. I don't think it is snowing there.

My yard
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2812sm.jpg (58.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 PM   #14  
Pending Email Confirmation

wow. snow already. it was almost 80 degrees here today and now that the sun went down it's cold again.
fall in oregon. just like any other day in oregon. unpredictable and changing at any second.
seriously, once we were waiting at a stoplight and on the left hand side of the car, it was raining and on the right hand side it was sunny. it was THE weirdest thing i've ever seen.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:00 AM   #15  
Cute & Fluffy

Well, last night it was just kinda funny, and pretty.

This morning, everything is closed. There are driving bans/state of emergency. The airport is closed right now (so likely no flight for me today). Trees and powerlines down everywhere.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2815.jpg (30.8 KB, 17 views)
Closed Thread