Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc - Jenny Craig Members - October '06

View Full Version : Jenny Craig Members - October '06

sunshine
10-01-2006, 08:07 AM
Calling all Jenny Craig members! Please post your progress and tell us how you like (or don't like) the program. We're very supportive here and would love to hear how it's going for you.

I started the program May 13th and have lost over 40 lbs. I exercise by hiking and going to the YMCA at least 5 times a week. My husband is doing the program with me only not going to JC...he's eating Healthy Choice dinners and watching his calories. He's also lost over 40 lbs.

I love the convenience of the prepared meals. I never liked coming home from work and having to cook a big meal. So this is the perfect plan for me. I feel like I have a personal chef! I guess I do...JENNY!!

kmb73brwr
10-02-2006, 08:55 AM
I lost 1.6 lbs. this week. After 2 weeks of gaining I finally lost. Woo Hoo!! I was beginning to get discouraged but I fought through it. I actually exercised 2 times this week. I planned on exercising more but I didn't. But I exercised more than the previous week. Now I just need to make a schedule and stick to it.

How did everyone else do?

chrstna446
10-02-2006, 09:14 PM
Sorry I haven't posted in awhile.

I have been so slammed lately. Work is CRAZY. And with that everyone in my family has celebrated a birthday or anniversary and I've been right there with them celebrating.

First the good news. I weighed in just over a week ago and lost 2.2 lbs.!!

Since then I've been crazy and haven't been entirely faithful to JC. I budgeted for the exceptions, but I think I'm going over my budget. Today I was supposed to be 100 percent (well, maybe 95 percent), but today I'm snacking on chips.

I have been pretty good with the walking. I missed my usual Sunday weigh-in because I did a 5K walk, which is good. I just need to get motivated to stick with the plan!

Please let me know how you are all doing. I feed off your success!

sunshine
10-03-2006, 05:47 AM
Way to go kmb73brwr! 1.6# is a good loss any week! Keep up the exercise :running: because it will really help.

Congrats on your 2.2#, chrstna446! You've been REALLY busy, haven't you? :woo: Good for you on the 5K walk. Put the chips down and back away slowly :coach:

I ate out a couple of times too many this past weekend and once again, I'm going to try to make up for it before my weigh-in on Friday. I don't have a problem during the week but once Friday night comes..:cheers: I guess that's life, isn't it? But I've been doing that since I started and I've lost weight at every single weigh-in so it's working for me so far. Of course, the closer I get to my goal weight, the harder it will be to lose every week. But I'm committed to getting to my goal however long it takes.

sunshine
10-07-2006, 06:08 AM
I maintained my weight this week which is okay by me. I'll take it and do a better job of eating this week. How is everyone else doing?

chrstna446
10-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Hi Sunshine,

How do you feel about the maintain, especially since it is your first so far? I think it is still a success. It sure beats gaining.:balloons:

I feel pretty lucky. I showed a 1.2 lb. loss. I expected to either maintain or gain. Gains and maintains can be kind of toxic to me. It can sabotage my attitude sometimes.

I really want to do this. I set a goal of 6 lbs. for the next 4 weeks. I always try to stay away from goals, since it always seems the more I push my weight loss, the more it seems to slow down. But I really want to motivate myself and do this for the long haul.

The reason I started with Jenny again, was I needed the focus. I'm tired of dieting for a couple of days or a couple of weeks and then going back to my old habits of gaining again. I really wanted something to help me focus.

With this, I need to expect occasional maintains or gains and learn to accept them. Weight is almost never constant. Funny how easy it is to know the realities, but sometimes not so easy to accept them.

Anyway, this is how I'm feeling today . . .

Christina

sunshine
10-09-2006, 12:51 PM
I didn't mind maintaining at all and because the Jenny Craig food is so good, I don't have a problem getting right back into the program. I know what you mean about falling into bad habits again. I wonder about that because that's what I've always done before when I've lost a little bit of weight but I'm pretty determined this time not to gain any back. I felt awful weighing as much as I did and I hated looking in the mirror and especially buying clothes!

Congrats on your 1.2 lbs. That's great!

sunshine
10-12-2006, 07:10 AM
How's everyone doing? My weigh-in is tomorrow and I'm pretty sure I'll see a loss for this week. I've been eating right and getting about an hour of cardio a day since Monday.

chrstna446
10-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi Sunshine,

I hope you find the number you are looking for on the scale.

I'm going out tonight with the girls for a couple of drinks and appetizers. Think good thoughts for me that I'll stay strong.

I feel like I've had a good week so far. My home scale is showing a loss. We'll see after tonight.

I also wanted to share that I love the new Brushetta Veggie Chips. To me it is like indulging in real chips. I'm buying a few bags this weekend!

sunshine
10-13-2006, 01:45 PM
I love the brushetta chips, too! I just got back from my weigh-in and lost 1.5 lbs. YEAH!

I'll also be going out tonight. Here's some :dust: for both of us!

Zoe
10-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Hello fellow Jenny Craiger's :wave:

I'm an old timer here on 3FC but new to your thread. I hope you'll let me join in. I'm a lifetime member of JC and just went back after a very long time away. When I called the center here in Fort Worth, TX, I told them that I was a lifetime member from many years ago, joining in Tampa, FL. They looked me up and said, YES, we have you in the system and the last time you were in was March of 1993!! WOW......ok, so now I'm back and just finished week #4.

Week 1 ~ lost 5.4 lbs
Week 2 ~ lost 2.2 lbs
Week 3 ~ lost .4 lbs :(
Week 4 ~ lost 3.3

total so far ~ 11.2 :carrot:

My husband is doing it too and that makes it a whole lot easier for me. No cooking since we both are eating Jenny meals.

I'm usually on the Weight Watcher's thread and even though I'm now doing JC, they'll keep me around after all these years :lol:

I hope I can join y'all here and get to know you.

sunshine
10-14-2006, 03:45 PM
:welcome2: Zoe! Wow, a lifetime member!! Does that mean you only have to buy the food? Do tell! Well, congrats on your 11.2 lb. loss so far. That's great for four weeks. My husband is eating Lean Cuisines so I don't have to cook either. :dancer:

Chrstna446 - how did your Friday night out go? I had a great time and hope you did too.

Zoe
10-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Hi again :wave:

sunshine ~ Yes, I joined "lifetime" back in 1993 (so they tell me...YIKES!) and I only pay for my food. With my husband doing it too, it's SO easy. I was shocked to have lost 3.3 in my 4th week! With your husband doing the lean cuisine, it must be just as easy as mine. :D

chrstna446
10-15-2006, 02:14 PM
Hello Ladies,

:welcome3: Zoe!

The first time I joined JC was about 15 years ago and I, too, am a lifetime member. I did join the Rewards program and am currently getting a 10% discount with a 20% discount coming in a couple of weeks. I think it is worth the $99 I paid since I will be buying JC food for quite some time.

I just got back from my weigh-in and I'm down another 2 lbs. :encore:

I walked over 2 miles yesterday. :running: Generally I walk a little over a mile everyday during my lunch hour. My Saturday walks are my longer ones. I'm going to try to increase those as I go along.

Sunshine, I did pretty good. All the appetizers were high fat or fried, but I ordered a veggie platter and tried to eat more veggies than the rest. I didn't drink too much either! That willpower dust must have worked. I'm glad you had fun!

Tomorrow is Monday and I wish all of you lots of success in the week ahead! :sunny:

Christina

Diva_at_40
10-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Hello, Everyone!

I am seriously considering joining JC in January and am really interested in following your comments and progress. My understanding is that it is very pricey to join, but well worth the money. I have 90 pounds to lose. I wish I could join now, but it just isn't financially possible for me. I have not made an appt to meet with a representative to discuss my options yet, either, because I don't want to be pressured to sign up when I know I can't afford it yet.

Looking forward to getting to know ya'll! Hope you won't mind my lurking around a bit since I'm not an actual member yet!

Zoe
10-15-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi again :wave:

I have been really ON TRACK lately and cannot, for the life of me, understand why. :lol: I am going to accept it though, with a smile :D

Christina ~ Yes, I did upgrade to the REWARDS program so I am presently getting 10% off my food. I think it goes to 20% in the 11th week, right? They have this "family" program that anyone in your family can join and have the same program (lifetime/rewards) for the same $99 so that's what my husband did. Oh, and now, if you have health insurance that is signed up or affiliated in some way with JC, you get 20% off the $99....and lo and behold, our insurance WAS on the list so Greg joined for $79!! And the percents they give you off the price of the food is well worth it. You will save more than the 99 bucks :)

Aileen ~ I have to tell you that even though it's costly to join, the weekly food is not. If I think about what I spend going out to lunch during my work week and out to dinner a few times a week with my husband, JC is much cheaper. All you have to add is veggies, fruit and dairy/skim milk. As I posted before, I joined back in the early 90's and lost 38 lbs at that time. Back then, they were more strict about you eating their food ONLY. Now, they have come to realize that people have lives and do go out once in awhile.....so now they just teach you how to do it. In 1993, they wouldn't be happy when I said I didn't need a certain meal because I still have one....now, I just say "meal on my own" for whichever days I want and they don't even blink.

Well, gotta run........here's some :dust: for y'all to start your week

kmb73brwr
10-16-2006, 10:26 AM
Hello Ladies,

Congrats to everyone on a job well done. I lost 1 lb. this week but I don't really count it since I gained 1 lb. last week.

I've been really struggling for the last month and I'm not sure why. It is so weird... If I decide that I'm going to cheat there is nothing that will keep me from it. It doesn't matter if I'm tired, full, or whatever. If my mind is set to go get a hamburger or whatever I do it. Why can I not have this mindset to stay on my diet? I know its all a mind game. I just need to figure out how to quit sabotaging myself.

My consultant has been out for about 3 to 5 weeks and I do NOT like the one I'm stuck with. My consultant was awesome so I think anyone I would get would not measure up. Then to make matters worse when I placed my last food order they told me that it had been only 4 weeks since I joined the Rewards program. I knew that was wrong but I was so irritated after calling them twice for my consultation and waiting 3 hours I wasn't going to get into it with them. So this weekend I looked at my records and I have been on the rewards for 10 weeks so I should get 20% off on my next order. So I have to call to get this straightened out. I just want my consultant back because I can talk to her and am comfortable with her. Has anyone else had problems like this?

On the upside... I actually walked 1 1/2 miles on Saturday. I usually only last 1 mile so I felt good about that. Now to do that on a daily basis.

Diva_at_40
10-17-2006, 07:12 AM
Oooh thank you for the willpower dust! Can always use some of that!

I'm very excited that in just 2 1/2 months, I will be able to join JC. I've been researching it a great deal lately and it seems like the perfect plan for me. Also, in January, we are moving because I am transferring offices. The new office has a workout room right across the hall, so I won't have any excuses! I am really excited about that!

sunshine
10-17-2006, 12:48 PM
kmb - you're definitely right about it being a mind game. I just try to keep my focus on the getting a lower number on the scale each week! I don't think I could do it if I didn't have that to look forward to. Sorry about your consultant. Is she going to come back? Maybe you should call the center and talk to the manager about seeing someone more compatible with you. Then, you could also talk to the manager about your Rewards program and how many weeks you've already completed. Don't let them mess with your money!!! Great going on your walking and keep it up!

Aileen - Welcome! You'll love the program when you join and I know you'll be successfull. That's great that you'll have a workout room across the hall from your new office. How cool is that??

Congrats Zoe on being so motivated! Whoo Hoo!

Way to Go Christina on your weight loss and getting all your exercise in. Super job!

We went a little overboard eating out since my last weigh-in but I'm jumping right back in the program and am going to the Y to give the elliptical a workout tonight!!

chrstna446
10-18-2006, 08:16 PM
Hello Everyone!

How is everyone doing? I'm trying to get my focus back. I seemed to be up on the scale Sunday night and then Monday night started snacking. I know it is PMS, but I hate to lose my momentum Yesterday was better as far as eathing, but today I hate everyone. Funny how PMS can take control of your emotions!

What is everyone doing for excercise? I've been walking most everyday, but I'm trying to come up with some contingencies. During the week I usually walk at lunch, but today we were having Santa Ana winds. The wind can blow to about 40 mphs during those times. It was windy at lunch today, but not that bad - so I braved it. I know it will rain somtimes, too (yes, it does rain in Southern California.)

I just ordered a Walk of the Pounds DVD from Amazon. And maybe I'll join a gym after the first of the year. Time is always difficult. I used to belong to the local Jazzercise, but getting to the classes on time were always a struggle. That's why walking works for the moment.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any ideas you might share.

Christina

campbellredhead
10-19-2006, 06:09 PM
Hi there Sunshine,

You are so close to your goal!!!!!!!!! Yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are doing so great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Counting calories now is going really well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*hugs*
Jenny

sunshine
10-20-2006, 05:40 AM
You're doing great, too Jenny. Are you just counting calories altogether or are you still doing Nutrisystem?

sunshine
10-20-2006, 05:44 AM
Christina - I go to the Y and use their elliptical or treadmill for an hour. I need to start using their weight machines but I haven't yet. On weekends my husband and I hike for about 2 hours at a nearby mountain that has hiking trails. We aim for both Saturday and Sunday but sometimes it's only one.

campbellredhead
10-20-2006, 08:55 AM
Morning Sunshine,

Just counting calories!!!!!!!!!!
*hugs*

Jenny

chrstna446
10-22-2006, 02:14 PM
Just got back from my weign-in. Another 1.4 lbs gone!:carrot:

After a couple of days of PMS :devil: backsliding, I've been back on track. I walked everday this week and I think that certainly helped. I went on a 2.5 mile walk yesterday. I really only have time for a 25 to 30 min walk during the week, but I'm going to try to do a longer walk at least one day during the weekend, gradually building as I go on.

I just got my new pedometer and I bought some Walking Off the Pounds videos, for days I can't go outside to walk.

I hope that all of you are continuing to do well. Please post your progress.

Christina

sunshine
10-23-2006, 05:15 AM
Congratulations Christina. You're doing great. We hiked about 2 hours each day Saturday and Sunday. It felt great and the weather has been beautiful but during the week, because it gets dark so early, we end up going to the Y to work out and it's not so much fun! I weigh-in on Fridays so I hope to be down a pound or two by then.

This weekend my daughter and I went cothes shopping and it felt so good to be fitting in to smaller sizes. I love it!

How are you doing Zoe, kmb, and Aileen?

hermanita32
10-23-2006, 02:12 PM
hi everyone
I just joined this forum this weekend and I joined Jenny Direct this am. My food won't be delivered until Thurs. which means my official JC start date is not until Friday. I am so excited to take these first baby steps, to read all of your posts, and of course can't wait to meet all of you

take good care

p.s. once i figure out how to get the weight ticker set up, i'll be glad to share my stats and progress with you

sunshine
10-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Welcome Hermanita. You're going to love the JC program and the food!

hermanita32
10-24-2006, 11:02 PM
thanks Sunshine-love that name-i start on Fri and i cannnot wait:carrot:

kmb73brwr
10-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Welcome Hermanita and congrats everyone. I gained a pound at my weigh in but then I lost it the next day and now I'm at my lowest so I'm finally back on track. Of course if I go by Jenny Direct's documentation I lost weight since they haven't been recording my progress with my consultant out. I finally have a consultant calling me that I really like and I think this has helped get me back in the right mindset. I'm shooting to be under 300 this next week so keep your fingers crossed for me. I'm going out of town to visit a friend this weekend so we'll see how I do.

hermanita32
10-25-2006, 10:21 PM
you can do it-my fingers are crossed for you...let us know how it goes
-hermanita

hermanita32
10-26-2006, 03:19 PM
Hi everyone:
I finally got my food in the mail, so I'll be starting my program tomorrow. Does anyone here do the JC direct program ?

sunshine
10-27-2006, 05:31 AM
I'm going to the center once a week to weigh-in and get my food. I need to have that accountability of weighing myself in front of someone. I may need to go once a week for the rest of my life :eek: Since I really like the food, it may not be such a bad deal! I still cook a meal or two on the weekends. :cp: I know you're excited about getting started on the program and just know that we're here for you and you can do it :goodvibes

I go for my weigh-in at noon, so I'll let you know how I've done this week. I'm confident I've lost. Can't wait to get into the 160's!

kmb73brwr
10-27-2006, 08:34 AM
Hermanita - I'm on Jenny Direct. I really like it. I'm not one to go somewhere and weigh in and when I started there was only 1 Center and it was too far away for me to drive every week. Now there's one not too far away but I refuse to give up my consultant. So they call me every Monday for my weigh in. I had an awesome consultant but she has been out sick so I've been having different people call. But I like it. Some friends of mine thought that I should go to the center because then I couldn't lie about my weight loss but I refuse to lie about what I have or haven't lost with my consultant. I didn't see the point of spending the amount of money I do and then lie about it. How are they supposed to help me when I'm struggling if I don't tell them. Plus, every day me and a friend email a food journal and once a week exchange our weight. I love this diet. The food is absolutely delicious and I don't feel deprived.

Sunshine- Good luck at weigh in.

hermanita32
10-27-2006, 11:31 AM
kmb-sunshine, thanks so much for the encouraging words. since finding this board, i feel like i can definitely do this with all of the support here.
I'll keep you guys updated on my progress and I'll be logging on everyday looking forward to reading your progress as well. Good luck to us!

warmly,
H

sunshine
10-27-2006, 04:54 PM
Hi everyone! I lost 1.4 lbs. and I'm happy with that. The closer I get to goal, the harder it is to lose. Oh well.

I'm excited about the weekend. What's everyone doing?

chrstna446
10-29-2006, 02:04 PM
Hello everyone!

Just back from my weigh-in and down another 1.6!

I don't seem to show big weight losses, but so far I've been consistant and and very happy with that.

Congratulations on another loss, Sunshine. You are doing fabulously and are so close to your goal. Keep doing what you are doing.

Welcome Hermanita, how's it going so far? I go to the center to weigh in. Do you get all the frozen foods with JC Direct?

Anyway, hope you are doing well and good luck for another successful week! :angel:

:haphal:

sunshine
10-30-2006, 05:23 AM
Congratulations Christina :cp: You're doing great, too. Keep it up.

hermanita32
10-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Congratultions on the loss guys !
Christina...the food that comes from JD is a combination of Frozen and Shelf, not sure if it's b/c I'm new to the prog, but I have a written list of ? I need to ask my consultant and I'll add that to it.

This weekend was a busy one for me as most weekends always are how about you guys ?
As far as following my plan, I'm doing well, I haven't given in to any temptations (patting myself on the back) . Today starts day four and it does get easier as the days go on. I am having a not so good time with all of the veggies...I'm thinking about eating only romaine lettuce, tomatoes, and cucumbers which are the veggies I do like...what do you all think about that ?
Have a great day everyone, wishing you all good luck- good weigh ins- and motivation to keep going towards your goals.

warmly,
H.

sunshine
10-30-2006, 07:38 PM
H - If those are the only veggies you like then just eat them. I eat salads, broccoli, or cauliflower but usually only with dinner. At lunch, I sometimes have fruit. How do you like the food overall? I think it's great. I'm going to have a lot of food left over from this week because Friday night I made a BIG pot of turkey chili and my husband and I have been eating it for lunch and dinner the last few days but it's finally gone now! It was REALLY good. I also made some brown rice to have with the chili. Yum!

kmb73brwr
10-31-2006, 09:05 AM
Congrats Sunshine and Christina. Keep up the great work.:carrot:

I lost 2.8 lbs this week. I'm so close to my first goal I can almost taste it. I really need to work on exercising but I'm still not doing well on that. I have a friend that joined my gym but she is so unreliable on going with me. Every time she says we'll go she doesn't call me so then I don't go. Its such a waste. I joined the gym on my own so I should go on my own but so far I'm not having much luck with it. I need to pick a time of day to work out and stick with it no matter what.

Hermanita - I don't like very many vegetables either so what I do is double up on the ones I like.

sunshine
10-31-2006, 12:27 PM
Way to go kmb :D You're doing great. It definitely helps to have an exercise buddy but you don't HAVE to have one. You can do it on your own if you just do like you said and set a time to go and JUST DO IT! My husband and I are going to the Y tonight instead of passing out Halloween candy!

Zoe
11-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone :wave:

Sorry I've been MIA. I just push my way into your group and then 'poof', I disappear. :lol:

I've been busy here at home, plus at work. Today I'm home sick....upper respiratory infection AND strep. Lucky me.

I go to weigh in on Saturday but as of the last time I posted, I've lost another 3.7 lbs for a total of 14.9. I'm anxious about going in 2 days because I've really been OP and actually starting to FEEL like I'm losing. :D

I hope y'all are well. I see from the posts that we have some BIG LOSERS here. Congrats and keep up the great work!