Support Groups - Winning Losers Week of October 1st, Newbies Welcome

lovethatsara
10-01-2006, 06:46 AM
Good Morning Ladies! I got to start our next week off :) I just wanted to say that I'm proud of each and everyone one of you and glad we got a chance to meet.

Welcome to the Winning Losers for all of you who joined :) :hug:

I've been sick :( Although I havent been doing the excersizing yesterday I did have a perfect day healthy eating wise. I've acomplished all of my water goals for the week.

Kenya - Dancing is fun! I hope you have a good time with your personal trainer.

Butterfly50
10-01-2006, 07:59 AM
Good Morning to everyone.

I didnt make my water goal yesturday I only drank 3 of the 6 bottles. Been busy so didnt have a chance to drink alot. At least I did get some.

Melissa I hope goes well with the inlaws. I am glad that we dont have any. Both on my side and my Dh side has passed.

Amanda Yes Britt is right the dresses do run small. I forgot about that one.

Daniellle I hope all is going well with you.

Jazy Congrats and welcome to the group you will like it hear. We have some real cool ladies here and they help you with any thing. I hope that you decide to pull up a chair and stay a while .

I better be going have to fix my oatmeal and yogurt for breakfast. Catch everyone later.

Hun.e.B
10-01-2006, 01:03 PM
I'm reposting for Jazy...our newbie!!! Here's her post from last weeks thread.

hey can i join!!
Hello everyone, my name is Jazzy. I am currently going to college f/t and working f/t so everything I do has to be planned years in advance but I am hanging in their. I work at a hospital and i am constantly walking. I knew i needed to lose some weight when I was out of breath after walking up eight steps. LOL . So, now I came back to 3ft. i was wondering if It would be cool if I could join this thread. I have been reading your previous messages(original and funny) and you all seem very nice!!!!

I am still not sure what diet I am going to start or exercise program but I am starting to eat more healthy.. I am open to any suggetions that have been working for the rest of you !!!

Hun.e.B
10-01-2006, 01:11 PM
OMG!! I was only gonna skim through posts and wait till later to catch up with everyone but I read Liz masterpiece and OMG!!! My family thinks I'm insane because I'm literally laughing too hard! Liz, you are so amazing! I'm saving that! I'd love to choke my inlaws on their own hair!!!! Ha..thats why I dont wear pants!! I just love your sense of humor!!

:wave: Hello and welcome to our little group Jazy!!! Its so great to meet you! As far as a weightloss plan, I'm currently using Slimfast because of my schedule (I'm a student too) its just easy for me. But the name of the game is just eating less and moving more however you choose to do it. Cant wait to get to know you better and cheer you on to your success!!! You can do it and we'll all be there for you every step of the way!!

Okay everyone, I'm not ignoring you I've just got this huge accounting project I gotta get done so I'll be back in a little bit when I need another break to check in! Have a wonderful sunday!!

~melissa

P.S. Yesterday was HORRIBLE!!! My inlaws ignored dh all afternoon, barely said 2 words to him and made him feel like they were angry with him and he was nobody. They were all chatty with their other son and his wife. Laughing and having a great ol time with them. It really hurt dh alot to be treated that way. They did the same to me but i couldnt care less. And then I didnt sleep well last night because I was going over and over in my mind what I want to say to those people that are supposed to be our family. Okay enough of that!!

miafluker
10-01-2006, 01:50 PM
hi everyone checking in how are things here? well im still in new orleans i caught a stomach virus so all the weight i imagined i gained from splurging i think i lost it all because i feel 5lbs lighter keep up the good work everyone im going to get back on track starting tomorrow i got so use to watching what i eat and trying to get my water in that when i dont i do not feel good about it dani, liz, amanda where are you guys? Amanda im hoping to have a actually wedding with my hubby we got married in front of a judge on Valentines i just want to feel comfortable about my size when i go out to buy a dress welcome newbies!! can someone please do a role call so i can meet all the newbies ppleasse?

Sugar-N-Spice
10-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Happy Sunday Chicks! How's everyone so far today? Doing well I hope, and keeping those goals in check! Just cause it's the weekend doesn't mean we throw all our progress and what we want out the window. I know, easier said than done, huh? lol I seriously do alot better when I'm alone all week long for some reason. You'd think it'd be the other way around, would make it so easy to cheat when no one is around. Go figure! Anyone else have a hard time on the weekend staying on plan?

:welcome: Jazy!!!! It's great to have you here with us. I think you will find alot of motivation from these lovely ladies, they're all super! Whatever you decide in terms of a weight loss plan, just know that we will be here to support you and cheer you on! It's great that you're here, I hope you will just jump right in and post away! :)

Bonnie, everything's going well over here so far today. Today I'm sure you'll make that water goal! You were a busy girl yesterday that's for sure.

Sara, thanks for starting us off this week! I'm sorry you're sick. I feel ya, I had the flu that seemed to hang around for at least 3 weeks. Wasn't until middle of this last week that I actually started to feel human again. Take good care of yourself. Great job with the water! Your body definitely needs to be hydrated, so ya done good, kid! ;)

Kenya, yes, I saw your pictures and thought you looked fabu!!! Great job with everything lady, you are melting. I say stick with the dancing if it's working for you. You definitely want to be doing something you love, so I say go for it!

Mia, aw hon, sorry about the tummy troubles!! :hug: Nothing worse than getting sick when you are not able to rest in your own home. I hope you are feeling much better soon!!

Melissa, I am SO bummed to hear about last nights events. Who do these people think they are??? And to treat their own child that way? Ugh, makes me so mad! :mad: And especially because, what in the world did poor dh do to them??? The poor man has just been working his arse off taking care of his family, minding his own business. Puhleeze! These people need to get a life and wake up soon before they lose him completely. Gggrrr, I could go on and on, you know me! Most importantly, how did YOU do last night? Were you able to keep it in check and not let them get to you by eating what you didnt really want? I know mentally you were preparing yourself, but sometimes you just never know with nasty people like that. Good luck with the accounting, I'm definitely not envying you there. lol And on football day too---the horror! lol

Nothing going on here, just football day and laundry. Woo hoo! :rolleyes: Kids are on a 3 day weekend so not feeling so pressured to get things all done today, like I usually am. Hence...I'm feeling lazy! LOL Today was dh's late day to go into work so now I feel like I'm behind in everything I'd wanted to do this morning-- like workout! Darn that man! lol No, I will get to it in a bit, I know it needs to get done if I want that scale to move come Friday!

Have a terrific afternoon gang!

♥danielle

Butterfly50
10-01-2006, 03:23 PM
Boy I can tell you I am having a horriable day my allergies are giving me one big fit today I have done nothing but sneeze and my nose run now I feel a headache comming on so I am going to try to take me a nap. Catch up with everyone later.

Amany
10-01-2006, 03:36 PM
ARRGGGGHHH!!!! :mad:

I typed out a message this morning and, like a bonehead, didn't click submit reply. I just closed the window. Of course a split second later I was like wth did I do? Man! That's annoying...

Liz - :lol3: You are never allowed to get sick or too busy ever again. We need your humor around here. You're just the funniest person ever. I loved your story and I'm going to keep it bookmarked for when I need a laugh. You're great.

Melissa - Those inlaws seem awful. Console yourself with the fact that you were able to honor too older people you adore. Try to get your husband to see it that way as well. I feel so sorry for him. That poor, poor man. Thankfully, though, he's got you and the girls. You all have a lovely family and you're blessed to have one another. And truthfully, although your husband might not see it this way, maybe you're blessed to not have to be bothered by his family very often. Good grief! Who needs to be treated like that??
I hope you're making great progress with your project.

:welcome: Jazy!!! :woo: We are so happy to have you here. It sounds like you're off to a good start with just making better food choices. That's about half the battle. You don't have to be on any specific plan. It's important to exercise and learn about some other plans just to tweak here and there. More than anything else, it's just important that your plan is livable.

Sara - I'm glad we got to meet you too! :D Thanks so much for getting us started. I hope you feel much better soon.

Kenya - What you've accomplished is nothing short of amazing. :bravo: Losing over a hundred pounds is a rarity.

Bonnie - Here there lady. Don't worry about the water for yesterday. Yesterday is gone. You're still golden. :) I think you're going to be hugely successful.

Danielle!! - Yeah, weekends are killer. I think because we're used to cutting loose on the weekend. Plus we're not usually on a regimine or schedule, so it makes it easier to just slack off.

Mia!! It's so sweet that you're still checking up on us even though you're out of town. I sure hope you feel better soon. It always sucks to be sick, but especially when you're supposed to be on an enjoyable vacation.
My husband and I were also married at a courthouse. By this really weird dude... ANYONE can become licensed to marry people. I have never felt happy about the way we got married.

Ok, well I have to go to the grocery store now. I watched FOL today. NY's mom is a trip!! Just a complete headcase. :rolleyes: I have to admit that I like Delicious now. I still want him to pick NY because I think VH-1 could get two seasons of a show with just Flav and her. It would be extremely hilarious. Of course all that reality stuff does involve at least some tinkering to create the situations. Wouldn't it be great if Liz was hired for the "Flavor of NY" show? "NY Flavor"? I'm going to start a petition...

Amany
10-01-2006, 04:25 PM
I have to get a new digital camera so I can take some pictures. Callenetics are great. I walked past the mirror today and amazed myself. The exercises are hard (especially at first). It doesn't take long for you to get stronger and then the exercises become easier. I can't tell you how much it's helped with my flexibility. I recommend 10 in 10 Callanetics highly. Look for a used copy of the video or a used book.

I don't know if I've lost any new weight yet. I'm still boycotting my scale until October 26. :mad:

Sugar-N-Spice
10-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Amanda, for me here, I have more lack of a schedule when I'm alone during the week, than when the kids are here. It's so strange because the hardest time I struggle with bingeing is when everyone is here. I don't really think about it much when I am by myself. Very strange, and something I was never really able to figure out during therapy. It just feels good to have successful days every day and know that I can control my food and it doesnt control me.

Isn't Liz great with her stories? I was laughing so hard I was crying, the choking with the hair thing..OMG! How many times have we thought of something nasty we'd like to do to someone we don't like very much. :lol:

What happened to your digital camera woman? Are we not gonna get updated photos at the end of the month? I love seeing all your great progress!! I have no doubt that callanetics is giving you awesome results. I really should get into that, after all, it's just sitting here collecting dust. :rolleyes: Doesn't it feel good to see a reflection of yourself and be blown away by what you see looking back?! I can't wait til I get to that point, I really can't. All those little feelings like that are what truly keep me going. It means it's working!!

Bonnie, I hope you're feeling better hon!

♥ danielle

Amany
10-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Danielle, there may be hope. My husband is somehow able to get the camera to work for him. I swear there must be some trick to it. :rolleyes: I can't do anything with it anymore. We need a new one... :( So I'll have him take pictures. :)

Sugar-N-Spice
10-01-2006, 08:10 PM
Goody! Goody! Goody! Yay for the hubby!!!!! Oct. 26 will be very exciting to see where you're at scale wise! Even more exciting will be the dress for your wedding!!! Wahoo!!!!!!!

Amany
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Thankfully my brother will take pictures at the wedding with his snazzy camera.
Speaking of my husband, he's watching Superfly for about the 5th time this weekend. My husband was conceived at the drive in. Superfly the movie his parents went to see and his dad looked just like Superfly. When his father started to lose his hair, he started wearing hats all the time because he still had long hair on the sides and back. Hubby says that his father's hair used to flow in the wind like John Redcorn's from King of the Hill. :lol:

brat_61886
10-01-2006, 11:14 PM
okay ladies this is ganna be short. everything is going good. didnt finish the fast. i got to weak and i needed to get things done but no biggy. I have been cleaning all day and still not done. went shopping and spent 250. the g'rents arent ganna be very happy but ohwell. i watch Flavor and all i can say is i think New Yorks parents are actors. that **** was crazy. CFC4 was cool. to be honest Erika doesnt look like a size 2 to me but i suck at that kinda thing. When i think of a size 2 i think of models but they are probably -5 or something crazy like that. okay now for the big excitment....HOUSE OF CARTERS!!!!!! Nick Carter from the Backstreet Boys with his brother and 3 sisters in 1 house. from the time i was 11-14 i thought i was going to marry him and i still get butterflies when i see him lol...okay ya i'm a lil drunk so i'm ganna go later *****es!!!!!!!!!!!!

jazy
10-02-2006, 01:07 AM
Hello Everyone:flow1:

I hope everyone had a awsome day!! I k now I did. I ate health y the whole day!!!SO, I am going on 48 hrs on goo food. :carrot: LOL!!!
Just stopping bye to say hi.

Melissa- Hey, i am happy that we can share the whole going to school thing!!:D Are you in grad school or undergrad? I guess it really dont matter they ae both stressfull. I am thinking about maybe trying something new . I am just concerened about how pricey that slimfast might get..

Thank you for the welcome Danielle, Bonnie,Melissa and Amanda:carrot:
Right Now I havent picked a diet to start but I am open to any suggestions!!!
I was on weight watcher before and lost about 20lbs but I want to try something new!!!
If anyone has any good advise on working out and gyms feel free. I think i am just going to start jogging!!!
I hope to get to know you all better!!!!:hyper:

See ya later!!!
SHORT TERM *HOPEFULLY BY OCT 31*
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slider-scaleblue/lb/240/220/240/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

LONG TERM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb/240/150/240/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

jazy

I hope everyone had a awsome day!! I k now I did. I ate health y the whole day!!!SO, I am going on 48 hrs on goo food. :carrot: LOL!!!

Melissa- Hey, i am happy that we can share the whole going to school thing!!:D Are you in grad school or undergrad? I guess it really dont matter they ae both stressfull. I am thinking about maybe trying something new . I am just concerened about how pricey that slimfast might get..

I was on weight watcher before and lost about 20lbs but I want to try something new!!!
If anyone has any good advise on working out and gyms feel free. I think i am just going to start jogging!!!

See ya later!!!
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slider-scaleblue/lb/240/220/240/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

LONG TERM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar097/slider-lifter2/lb/240/150/240/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

jazy

See ya later!!!

LONG TERM

jazy
10-02-2006, 01:08 AM

See ya later!!!

LONG TERM

jazy
10-02-2006, 01:10 AM
Sorry guys that was a accident!!!!LOL

AlaskanMelody
10-02-2006, 05:52 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

I thought I posted yesterday. It was crazy around here all weekend.

Well, we haven't left on our adventure yet! We were supposed to leave Friday. Well, my nephew made the Home Coming Court and the football game/parade/etc was Friday night so, how could we leave and not catch that? So we stayed. Then Saturday my nephew and his family (who live in South Carolina and we never get to see) were here. So we stayed. It was great though. We had a really nice weekend. SO...today is the day! We are Out of Here! :carrot: We packed the truck last night so all we have to do is shower this morning and hit the road! I'm so geeked! I have my food plan ready and I'm SO glad that you can now get bottled water. Remember when all you could buy at the gas station was pop? LOL My son came home the other day and had pop in a glass bottle and thought it was the greatest thing (which, I have to agree...I hate it in a can)....but, he thought it was something new! LOL My dad cracked up.

Danielle - I LOVE Dodgeball! It's great that you said that that day because we just bought it the day you talked about it! lol Cracks me up every time I watch it.....Freaky naughty! LOL LOL

Melissa - So glad you didn't strangle the inlaws with their own hair! LOL We have the same situation - but we moved on quite a few years ago and it has been really nice. It wasn't an easy thing to do...but we are much happier just not being a part of it. Hang in there.

Amanda - I'm with ya on the scale boycott. I threw mine in the trash when we packed up to move! LOL I did weigh here (my parents) last week but I'm just going to go on the way my clothes fit for a while.

Liz - LOL on the grandmother offering you her cane! What a sweetheart!

Jazy - Welcome Jazy. I'm a newbie here too. Time for a change!

Bonnie - Hope those allergies are calming down today. That is so miserable....we had it last week. Ugh.

Kenya - You look great! Keep up the good work.

Well, I'm going to shower and start waking my family so we can hit the highway! The weather is supposed to be really nice today so it will be a great day to start our adventure. Have a great day Ladies....and don't forget to MAKE THOSE BODIES MOVE!

Hun.e.B
10-02-2006, 09:13 AM
Happy Monday everyone!!! Did you have a wonderful weekend? I did so good yesterday. I got the bulk of my accounting project done, got groceries, mowed the lawn and did all the laundry! My dh said I was a dynamo as awoke from his 2 hour nap on the couch! LOL!! I ate very well too, we had make it yourself pizzas last night and I may have overdone the cheese but all in all a pretty great day. Plus I got in 5 bottles of water...1 more than my goal! So here's to an even better Monday!!! No BLTs this week!!!

Mia...I'm so sorry to hear that you got that bug thats going around, and on vacation no less! I hope you are feeling tons better now!

Danielle...you KNOW weekends are rough for me! LOL!! Just feels like time to let loose for some reason. But I did get a stir of motivation and the feeling that I really want to just do this already last night watching CFC. Tina looks so great and she did it the old fashion way! We can do it too! I'm looking for more than 1 leaf to fall off my tree this week darn it!! That means everyday has to be spectacular and I think no BLTs will help TONS!

Bonnie...I hope you are feeling better today! Stupid allergies!! My dh is suffering from them lately too. Its that fall follage!

Amanda...my inlaws really are awful people. And I wish it did mean that dh would just want to stay away from them, but it never does. No matter how horrible they make him feel he is always loyal to them. I dont get it but what can I do? What IS callenetics exactly? What types of exercises?

LOL Britt...how ya feelin today girl? I'm sorry the fast didnt work for you, I'd never be able to go 2 days like that. I get weak enough just on low calorie as it is. Back on track with your healthy eating! You can do it!! NY's mom was a trip. I dunno just way over the top but just like NY though. Cant wait to see the finale!

Jazy...Hello!!! Way to go on 2 days with healthy food!! Thats the way to do it!! I'm an undergrad senior studying accounting and psychology. Slimfast for me saves me money. The shakes are less than $1 each, when can you spend less than $1 on 2 of your meals a day? It seems like more when you go to get supplies but if you break it down thats all it is. Its not a plan for everyone, it just works for me and my schedule. Eating healthy foods making good choices and moving more is the way to go! You can do it! Running...oh I'm not even close to that yet! LOL! But I know a couple of the girls around here are looking in that direction too! Keep up the good work!

Melody...oh I'm so excited for you!!! what an adventure! Its great that you can just do it and not be in this huge hurry too, enjoy america! I hope we'll get lots of updates along the way and you are going to kick some butt on your weightloss plan! going by how your clothes fit is a great idea!! Happy Trails!!

I better hit the showers before someone else sneaks in there on me! Have a wonderful day everyone!! Remember...no BLTs this week!! We can do it!!

~melissa

Altari
10-02-2006, 09:28 AM
Hi all!

I'm stopping in to say hello before I get ready for work. This is the first time I've touched a computer in three days. My very best buddy drove hours and hours to spend the weekend with me.:val2:

I went a little off track, but I'm back now, without much damage. I'm down 3 pounds from my last weigh-in. Woot. TTFN.

Butterfly50
10-02-2006, 09:46 AM
Hello Everyone. I am feeling better me nose has stopped running and I feel alot better now. what a good night sleep can do. Since I felt so bad yesturday I didnt stay on plan 100% but that ok. I didnt vere off course that I could never come back.

Jest finished my breakfast and thought of taking a walk havnt done that all weekend. Not much going on here jest fighting with my 17 year old who thinks he is an adult and do have to live by our rules. It drives me crazy. I better be going catch you all later.

Hun.e.B
10-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Way to go Altari!!!! Excellent job!! keep up the good work, you are doing GREAT!!! I'm glad you had such a great weekend with your friend, sometimes those times can really give you the boost you need!! Again, Congrats!!! Your hard work is paying off!!!

Have a great walk Bonnie!! The exercise will help with the stress from the teenager! Oh I dont envy those times!

~melissa

CartersMama
10-02-2006, 10:10 AM
Good morning!!!!!! Hope everyone had a great weekend! I didnt do too well this weekend. boo. I started off great and then went downhill yesterday. On sat I went to the gym and ran another 4 miles and then came home ran errends all day and did stuff around the house. Then yesterday.. my sister brought over darn halloween candy, and then DH went and got Cheesesteaks and tastycakes. darn them both. I should have had more control over it, but I didnt. I am back on today. I weighed myself at the gym and I am down!!! YAY! But who knows after this little set back.

Melissa, I am sorry your Ils acted that way. I still think we must have the same set of ils. :D Mine act the same way.

Jazzy, WELCOME!! I am a new girl too! These ladies are great and so motivating!!!

I am out for a bit, but I will check back on in a few. I need to get my before pics too. I will try to do that today. Is there a place to put them besides in my siggy? I see how some of you have links to sites, what are some good sites to do it on? Thanks ladies!!

Hun.e.B
10-02-2006, 10:19 AM
Good Morning Stacia!!! Weekends are the hardest for me, I just dont know what it is. Its all about choices though, only we can make em! Next weekend you'll do better!! Back on track today though! You can do it!! I used photobucket just the other day and it was so easy. I think its photobucket.com otherwise, Danielle has her pic in her siggy I bet she'll know how to do it! Have a fantastic day!! Way to go on that exercise this weekend!! thats nothing to sneeze at!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
10-02-2006, 12:47 PM
Good Morning girls. Just popping in real quick. On my way out the door to take DD for a haircut. We'll have to wait an hour no doubt so this could be an all day affair, but I am so tired of hearing her complain! I swear 12 must be the new 16????? It seems like overnight she has grown this attitude and thinks that her dad nor I know anything. :rolleyes: It was a very stressful weekend dealing with her & I never say that about my kids! LOL

Anyways, I don't have time for personals right now but wanted to wish everyone a great day and I will see ya'll in a bit! Be good!

♥danielle

Amany
10-02-2006, 01:52 PM
Hi. Just stopping in for a quick :wave:. Still busy as all get out at work, but I'm not feeling stressed. There is an end in sight!!

I will get to personals later today. It will probably be around evening time. I hope you all are having good days. To those that went off plan a little.... ****, it happens. :) Don't spend the day worrying about it.

BBL

iwantnewpants
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
:hug: Good Afternoon Lady People!

I do not feel like a million dollars today. :tired: Boo. I'm a little ill still. And the 47 beers I drank last night in honor of my Chicago Bears royally shellacking the Seattle Seahawks can't be helping! :frypan: Well, that coupled with the embarrassment and shame I am feeling today after singing the Super Bowl Shuffle to the bar (yes the entire bar) and after composing and reading an apology letter to Rex Grossman to the bar (again, the entire bar). :twirly: Yeah......I think I might avoid that bar.......until the next BEARS GAME!

Jazzy: It's good to have you with us! :hug: I am a big fan of moderation myself. I don't do well on diets per se because I always cheat and end up screwing up. Basically, I go for the more calories out than in concept.

Stacia: Also good to have you with us! :hug: I too am a bad bad bad little lady on the weekends. It's because there's often no structure to my days.....so I find myself grazing and eating things I wouldn't even consider eating during the week. I think I'm going to start really making an effort on the weekends! I really think it will make a HUGE difference.

Melody: Once again, good to have you with us! :hug: Yes, my grandma is about the funniest thing ever. She's very sassy and salty. She just had quadruple bypass sugery a few weeks ago and is completely fine. It's pretty ridiculous. The way she's going.....she's going to live to be 415.
Have a WONDERFUL time on your trip! I'm so envious.....I need a vacation!

Sara: Thanks for starting the thread this week! You rule the school and I'm so glad that I got the chance to meet you! This forum is really awesome! :D

Britt: You drunken buffoon........:p

Altari: Congrats on the loss.....it's good to see you! :D

Bonnie: I'm so glad to hear that your allergies are letting up! :hug:

Mia: I'm sorry to hear that you've been under the weather too! Sheesh....between all of us on this board, I feel like September was a sick sick month! Feel better and take care of yourself! :dizzy:

Danielle: That story about your daughter cracks me up. Oooohhhhh teenagers. Man, I hate to think about what a bratty teen I was. I think my favorite word was "whatever" (insert hair toss right after delivery).

Melissa: Yes, in-laws are not fun sexy people. How they treat your hubby is so terrible. Geesh. I'm sorry you guys had to endure that this weekend. Just picture yourself forcefeeding them their own hair next time.....at least you'll crack a smile. :D

Amanda: I'm blushing lady girl. :o You give me way to much credit!

Girls, I'm so glad you love the stories! I love writing them, so I promise to keep them coming. It's good exercise for my brain and gets me in gear for Second City!

Everyone have a fabulous day!
Liz

sapphire35
10-02-2006, 02:23 PM
Whats Up Chicks!!! :cp: :carrot: :carrot: :flow2:

:welcome: To the new ladies!!

:woo: :woo: :woo: Amanda on the wedding. Good deal. Thats is so neat. You have really nice and supportive huby.

Got a new computer last week and its finally up and working. My goal this week is to knock out about 30 miles and get that 100 ounces of water down a day. Geeeeeeezeeee! that is so hard for me.

Man Kenya looks great! doesn't she? Amazing.

I have not lost anymore weight lately nor have I gained. But I'm not working out like I was 2 weeks ago either. I've been working late. We bought a new car Friday a Torrent, its an SUV. Its not bad.

I gotta go through all these post and catch up. BBL

Butterfly50
10-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Good Afternoon here. I did another 6 miles of leslie. I didnt know if I was going to get a chance to walk tonight. But I feel good.

miafluker
10-02-2006, 03:25 PM
hi everyone feeling alot better today havent got in my water yet but plan on it
Jazzy there are many diets out there you have weight watchers where everyone seem to rave alot i researched it and found out alot of info so i didnt have to pay because i paid over $100 for the 6 week body makeover and it was worthless then you have the 3 hour diet which costs also the best one i saw that was also free is the body for life all you have to do is go to the site basically it says what all the diets seem to say here is the breakdown
carb and protein for each meal and veggies with at least 2 meals fruits are listed as carbs also
the have a allowed foods list on the site basically that was what the 6weekbody makeover was except you couldnt have any salt...
but there are sites like sparkspeople and another one but i cant remember the name that creats menus that you can tweak i agree with Liz diets that are strict are way too hard for me
hope that helps
have a great day everyone!

iwantnewpants
10-02-2006, 03:25 PM
Way to go Bonnie! And hello to you Trish! :D

Butterfly50
10-02-2006, 05:25 PM
Mia OMG I bought the 6 week Makeover too . a few years ago and I thought it was worth less too. :( now I do the Biggest Loser diet and I love it.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-02-2006, 07:13 PM
Phew! Where does the day go? Spent the entire day out & about and I am ready to drop. DD is happy with her "do" so now she's silent. Now I get back from taking her and my other two want to know why they didnt get their hair cut! :crazy: Guess what I'll be doing next Saturday? lol

I have not done very well today with anything. I skipped breakfast and my water is way way behind. Not to mention that I just inhaled 2 chocolate chip cookies without even thinking about it. Not sure what the heck that's all about but I'm nipping it now. Good grief, will there EVER be a day, just one measely day that I don't have to be on red alert whenever I'm around food? Will it matter once I get to goal. Sheesh, I really think some people are luckier than others. But then again, I think I'm just giving myself a big healthy dose of the 'woe is me's. I hate it when I get like that.

Well, Melody has finally begun her adventures! I can't wait to hear the stories that are sure to follow. Yeah, Dodgeball is a fan fave in this household. My DS does a perfect impersonation of White. Gotta love Ben Stiller.

Melissa, gosh you were a busy chicky yesterday weren't you? Go you! Not really sure what the weekend has that makes it so hard for me. Just one of those mysteries I suppose. lol At least I know to prepare & batten down the hatches! lol How ya doing on those BLT's? I have failed miserably today! Argh!

Altari, congrat's on those 3 pounds missy!!! Woo hoo!!!!!

Stacia, the halloween candy is a dangerous thing in my house. Something about those lil teeny-tiny candy bars.....its a sin that they can still be so fattening. lol Today's a new day and you just pick up where ya left off, the mistakes are behind you. Only good things today!!!

Jazy, doing the slimfast plan sounds costly, but Melissa's right if you break it down it turns out to be quite cost effective. I love it! It's the one plan I've always kept going back to because I know it works and it fits my life right now. I know you'll find something to fit you, just be patient with yourself. And hey, you've got 2 days of clean eating..there's alot to be said for that alone! good for you!

Bonnie, wow 6 miles with Leslie! Go you! I think the day that I can actually do a 6 mile WATP tape I will be celebrating big time! That's awesome!

Amanda, good to see your face today chicklet! Hope things are good!!

Liz, yep it's payback time. I remember what a bratty-pain-in-the-butt teenager *I* was and now I'm being punished! :lol: My son tests my patience every day with everything I have, but alot of it comes from his high intelligence and some of the little easy things he just doesn't get. If that makes sense? Oh and my DD, we are gonna go rounds in the coming years I can so tell already! Definitely not looking forward to her getting older! lol And trust me, I will continue fantasizing about choking an IL with their own hair every day if it gives me a smile! :D

Trish, there ya are!!! Good to have you back. I hope the new computer is making life a little easier for you. Amazing how we quickly rely on them & when they're gone or misbehaving our worlds collapse! Good luck with the water, you can do it!

Mia, hope you're feeling better!

I hope I didn't forget anybody. I really tried to power thru this real quick. I've got a boat load of things to get done before the evening hits...of course, because the Packers of Greenbay will be playing tonight! Makes me cringe sometimes to watch them play, poor Brett. But cannot help it, he's one class act. So anywho, that's me so far today. I hope everyone is having a successful on plan day and staying focused and inspired.

♥danielle

brat_61886
10-02-2006, 11:34 PM
When the night has come and the land is dark and the moon is the only light we'll see, no i wont be afraid no i wont be afraid just along as you stand by me...love that song!!! yes u would think that i'm in my 60's...i love music from the 50's and 60's. today was...well i dont know what today was. I ate 1 serving of oatmeal and the a cucumber with lime and salt for lunch...then somt twislers cuz i was really weak at school and then i got a salad at Mcdonalds on my way home... so yeah...plus ive been cleaning for 3 days and i'm still not done. ya'll probably think i'm a total pig but ive been re oraganizing things and trying to figure out what the **** i want to do. on top of that still been emotional...my football time lost in the last 10 seconds of the game by 2 freakin points. yeah lots of tears there...then i talked to Josh and he said he had been emotional too so we agree that its the time of year. that or we are both just crazy which is a really good possibility.

Amanda- hope work was good. its always good when u can keep ur cool and not get stressed out!!!!

Trish- awesome on the new car...sometimes i wish i could get one. i'm so tired of mine, but it still runs good so i'm stuck with it!!!

Liz- holy ****. 47 beers? i do not want to be in a drinking contest with you!!! Sounds like you had a great time!!!!!!!

Stacia- we all have set backs but as long as u start again its all good!!

Altari- sounds like you had the best weekend...so jealous!!!

AlaskanMelody- thats soooo cute about your son!!!!! hope your adventure is awesome. have lots of fun and fo everything and take pictures and post them!!!

Jazy- thats great about the food. keep it up!!!

Danielle- we all have those days. usually when i go home there is pie or cake and it takes everything i have not to have any and honestly i usually fail so ur better than me!!! Just take a deep breath and it will all be okay!!

jazy
10-02-2006, 11:46 PM
Hey LAdies!!!Thanks for all of the introductions guys .I feel very welcome!!

Danielle!!!WOW, you seem to have your plate full with that major,god accounting sounds so ,mathmatical. LOL Good for you and god bless.Thanks danielle for the tip. I think that I am going to start to investigate that, I just tink that I would be hungry after just having a shake!! Do you eat it with a meal?
How many days do you exercise?

Does anyone watch the flavor of love!! Could ypou just recap what happened this sunday!!!

GOOd luck with tommorow and feel better MIa!!!

Hun.e.B
10-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Sunshines!!! Ugh I was so tired last night I was ready for bed at 7! But didnt go till 9 after I put the girls down. I dont have class till 11 today so I feel like I could just go back to bed till then. Sleepy girl! I failed on my BLTs yesterday! I did good all day long till dinner and my downfall was making myself something different than I made the rest of the family. So I tasted theirs!!! Shame! LOL!! But I'll attack it again today...no BLTS!

Liz...did you make it through the day? Sounds like you had a great time!! I'd have loved to have been at that bar! LOL!! Hard to believe your bears are undefeated still eh?!! Dont ya just love football! LOL!

Trish...congrats on the new car!! Its great to see you around here again!! You can get that water in I know you can!!! Cheers!

Bonnie...excellent job on that exercise!!! I'm so very proud of you!! Keep up the good work! I hope you are feeling even better today!

Mia...I'm so glad you are feeling better!! Is the 6 week makeover the Micheal Thurmond one? I read some of his book, some interesting stuff but the menu he suggested for my body time consisted of fish at just about every single meal for a week...I hate fish! LOL!!

Danielle...yesterday is behind you! Right back on track with it girlie!! Running around makes it tough and then once you skip a meal it seems like you can never catch back up with it. At least I'm like that anyway! Gotta pack some bars in your car! I failed BLTs yesterday too, but back at it today! We can do it!! We've got leaves to remove from our tree darn it!!!

Britt...you wanna come do my house when you are done? LOL!! I sure could use some major cleaning like that!! Make sure you are eating enough girlie!! Your body cannot function unless you fuel it, and its telling you its not getting enough by you being so weak. And then you reach for things you dont need or want. So many people think they'll lose weight by starving themselves and that may work for awhile but all they are losing is lean muscle tissue. Thats the absolute worst thing you can do for yourself. When you feed your body right then you lose fat. You want to do this healthy or it wont matter how much you lose, it'll all just come back and then some. Be good to your body!

Jazy....if you are interested in the Slimfast plan I would suggest checking out their website. It really is different than what people think. You'd be amazed at how much you eat! Do we watch Flavor of love? LOL!!! OF COURSE! Basically all that happened was the parents came to the house. NYs mom was over the top from the moment she stepped in the door she does not want NY there, very dramatic even tried to tell NY that she was dying to get her to leave. Crazy's parents were a little white trashy wanting to party Flav took them out and got them braided LOL. And Delicious' parents were very quiet and polite. Flav had his kids on too they all seemed to like Delicious thought she was the most "real" one. At eliminations Crazy left, he felt she was only there for a chance at a record deal. Ny's mom said that she wasnt leaving w/o NY but she walked out the doors, then at the very end she went back into the house and started yelling for NY..thats when it ended. Finale is next week!

Okay, I'm gonna make chicken corn chowder in the slow cooker today since I dont have class till 11. Then its off to the school again for more fundraiser stuff. Tonight is my first PTA meeting as president! Tomorrow is the rolling stones concert! Busy times! Have a fantastic day everyone!! Remember no BLTs! and drink that water!

~melissa

Amany
10-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Good grief!! I feel like I'm missing out on everything! I haven't even read everyone's posts.

I just wanted to drop by and say hello. I won't try to predict when I'll get around to personals this time. Just want you all to know that I miss you! I hope you're all doing well. :grouphug:

Butterfly50
10-03-2006, 11:04 AM
Good Morning to everyone. I did my exercise this morning and Instead of Leslie I decided to do some Richards Simmons Tone and sweat video. Decided I needed a day of tonning. Boy I can feel it to. Figured I would shake my self up and do something different.

Hun.e.B
10-03-2006, 11:20 AM
Hello Amanda!! We miss you too!!

Bonnie...I love richard!! Absolutely keep your body guessing! Way to go on that workout today!!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
10-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Good Morning Gang!

Another hot day around here....wooooooooo a whole 98 degrees! lol This is a cool down for here I guess, but c'mon already!!!!!

Ok, so I had a horrible disgraceful end to my evening. I ate DQ. I can't even say that I chose something more calorie friendly or that I left any behind....nope, I was just bad bad bad. Of course I loved every bite but you know how that regret & guilt tends to creep up on you. Ugh. Can't even tell you guys that there was anything stressful inparticular or anything!! Just me being weak!!! Not gonna get to rip any leaves off my tree with behavior like this. *sigh* onward & upward as they say...................

Melissa, wonder what all the tiredness is from. Hope you're feeling rested today. Yeah, I'm real good at reminding everyone else to pick themselves up and move on, I'm my own worst critic.

Britt, hiya honey! :wave:

Jazy, yep we're just a big ole bunch of FOL watchers here! :D There are times that the show ends and I am so thankful that it's not my life! LOL

Amanda, hello chickymama. We miss you too!!!!! :hug:

Bonnie, good day to ya! OMG, I love Richard!!!! It's with his stuff that I really started thinking that I could like exercise. He's alot of fun!! And that tone & stretch video he has.....not easy but very effective!!

A busy day here.....the grocery store beckons as do a myriad of other mommy duties. My youngest DD is getting ready to head to camp tomorrow thru Friday. I think I am more nervous for her than anything. She is my only one who does not like being away from home. My other two count the seconds til they're free! LOL Hopefully she is so busy she wont have a second to even miss home. It's the evening/bedtime that worries me. Ugh, sometimes it really sucks being a mom! LOL

Have a great day ladies. Keep that focus moving forward, we have goals to reach!!!

♥ danielle

Butterfly50
10-03-2006, 12:15 PM
I bet I have 15 Different Richard Simmons Videos. Yes I was very encouraged when I first seen him because he uses heaver women and men to do the exercise with him and I feel if they can so can I.

I jest wanted to tell all. That I called my Local Books A Million book store and they are ordering the Biggest Loser Cook Book at 21.95 and the Calorie counter for 7.99 for me so I will save a little from not having to pay all that shipping and handling charges. They wont be in for 7 to 10 days but I know they are on the way.

Hun.e.B
10-03-2006, 12:39 PM
Danielle...knock it off before I come knock it off for ya!! LOL!! today is a new day, no negative self talk, it was one darn day and its over!! I'm sorry but you are NOT wonder woman! You are NOT perfect!! You will have slips and falls along the way..but you ARE strong!! you ARE amazing!! You ARE determined!! And you WILL win this battle! Back on track today! Good choices, good thoughts! You are so worth the fight! I know with every ounce in my being (and lets face it thats ALOT of ounces!!) you can do this! here's to a fantastic on plan day!!

Bonnie...tell me more about the biggest loser plan. do they lay out for you what to eat? Or just give you ideas? Is it all in the book? Tell me whatcha like about it! LOL!!

Okay time to head to class I suppose. chowder is cookin, school fundraiser stuff has been taken care of, I'm ready for my meeting tonight, babysitter found for tomorrow night. whew! Someone wanna do my homework? LOL!! Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!

~melissa

miafluker
10-03-2006, 01:21 PM
hi everyone:carrot: Mel the diet is micheal Thurmond and basically your doing what every diet does eating about 1200 calories i read something interesting yesterday in womans world mag. it said that most people that drink water during dieting drink large quanities all at once to get it out the way but thats wrong it said you should drink 10oz of water before each meal and snack
i didnt know that i guess you can drink too much also i read this somewhere else that i thought was helpful i dont know who this lady is but she knows her stuff

Well, that eating plan looks really great and all, but, I hope you realize that just by using lower-cal foods than the ones you've mentioned, you can eat more, AND lose weight without feeling hungry.

For example, did you know that Special K and Count Chocula have the same amount of calories? Talk about crazy. For b-fast, I looked around, and found the absolute best deal (calorie-speaking). All Bran Extra Fiber. 100cals/cup, not to mention it has lots of fiber, which will keep you fuller, longer. Skim? Skim milk has 65cals per cup and 12g of sugar. The milk I use has 45cals per cup and is only 3g of sugar. Carb Countdown Fat free. Each serving of cereal +milk is only 145 cals, PLUS I get the extra fiber.
I can even have 2 cups of everything for just 290 cals, and let me tell you, after 2 cups of cereal AND the milk, I'm stuffed. I then have to force myself to eat my apple that I always have for b-fast.

See what I mean? A b-fast that fills you up for way less calories, which means you can eat more for the day.

I have TONS of other low-cal foods I've 'discovered' too. July 5th, 2005 I was 210 (5'3"), but now I'm 135, trying to lose these last few stubborn lbs without any success (have my hopes on phen though!!!).

1 of the things I don't like about this plan though is the sugar. When I was at my heaviest, I made-up a little rhyme to help me remind myself. "Sugar turn to fat [snap] just-like-that!" It's true too. That also includes simple carbs, like the bagel you put for b-fast. What's wrong with having 2 slices of wheat bread at 40cals per slice? Or, some sugar-free whole-grain for 50cals per slice? Did you know that a bagel is the same as eating 5 slices of bread?

Watch out for any type of 'fruit salad'. A lot of those have added sugar, preservatives, etc. Don't give your body easy calories, make it work for those calories, and have an apple (fist-to medium sized!!!). Apples are high in fiber as well, and much better for you than those syrup-y fruit salads.

Instead of low-fat vanilla yogurt, how about Dannon lite+fit yogurt? 0 fat, many different flavors to choose from (blueberry, strawberry, peach, strawberry-banana, etc.), and each yogurt is only 60cals.
For a morning snack, I always have 1 apple. Rice has a lot of empty carbs (white rice in the rice pudding), not to mention the calories in the pudding. Instead, how about some sugar-free jello? Again, you have several flavors to choose from, and each container is 10cals, 0 fat, 0 sugar, etc. If/when I ever do eat rice, I always make sure it's brown rice, never white (even though I've done Atkins and had no luck with it, I still want the most nutritous foods).

Lentil soup and saltine crackers. Watch out for sodium. Sodium retains water and elevates your blood pressure. 5 saltine crackers is 60cals and has 10g carbs in it (plus, it's white, not wheat). How about this instead: 2 turkey-breast sandwiches with lettuce,
tomato, and mustard? Each sandwich is 80 cals (bread) 60cals (2 slices of low-sodium deli-sliced white turkey breast)? That's 2 sandwiches you can have for 280cals (mustard has 0cals, and who cares about the cals in lettuce and a slice of tomato?)? And even then, if that's not enough, there's some sugar-free jello or yogurt you can have along with it (not to mention water water water).

Afternoon snack. Salsa and chips? 1 bad word comes to mind: hydrogenated oil. Trans. fat.
Liquid oil (like olive oil for example) is healthy fat. Your body processes it and eliminates it. With hydrogenated oil, the companies take a healthy oil, heat it to 350dg, and then blast it with hydrogen. This changes the molecular formula of it, and kinda turns it into a 'mutant'. It now has a 'forever' shelf life, is cheap to make, economical, easy to use, but the body can't process it. It stores it in your arteries instead, which leads to heart disease. Hence, TRANSformed fat (that's what the 'trans' stands for).
Better choice? 94% fat-free popcorn.
Dinner

If you MUST eat pasta, always use wheat--not white (simple carbs). Turkey sausage is also processed meat. Instead, how about 4oz of salmon, or 4oz of boneless/skinless chicken breast on some plain steamed broccoli? 4 oz of white chicken breast is 110cals, no processed meat, and much healthier for you than sausage.

Evening snack. Instead of having 1/2 cup of sorbet (that's like eating just 1 potato chip) for 92cals (quite a few cals to have such discipline to eat just 1/2 cup!!) how about a 60cal Dannon lit+fit yogurt instead? Not enough? Go ahead and have 2 sugar-free jello's (10cals each). That's 80 cals, and you've eaten more than 1/2 cup!! See what I mean? More for less!!!
You're next day's diet could use some re-vamping too.
Fruit is always good to go along with b-fast, so the kiwi is good. Oatmeal. NEVER NEVER use instant or quick-cook oatmeal. Why? Because they've removed the outer-layer of the grain. In other words, they've taken the meat out of the skin, when the skin is what you want. The kind I use I bought over in the organic section, and it has 5 grains, steel-cut, and it contains flaxseed
(a healthy fat). 1/3 cup is 120cals. I have my All Bran Extra fiber(100) with my CC milk (45)(145cals), 1 yogurt (60cals), and I mix-in 1/3 cup of my healthy oatmeal (120). Delicious, nutrious, VERY filling, and only 325 cals. for b-fast.

Morning snack--apple, or, 60-cal yogurt.

Lunch. Yikes. Ham and cheese. Ham has a lot of sodium, and cheese has lots of cals and fat. I haven't even included the bread yet. A better solution would be some cubed skinless chicken or turkey breast mixed with greens in a whole-wheat pita bread!!!

Afternoon snack. Who can eat 2 tablespoons of trail mix? Trail mix may look healthy, but you'd be surprised (like how many people don't realize how high-cal granola is!!). Don't hand your body cals, make it work for it. Have some fruit (NOT DEHYDRATED!!), a banana (packed with potassium), some yogurt, sugar-free jello, etc. but make it healthy, and something you CAN eat, instead of 2 tblspns.

Dinner--watch out for the fat/sodium/cals in pork. I never eat it. 4oz of chicken breast, turkey breast, salmon, fish, shrimp, etc. is much healthier for you. 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce? Such a little amount!!! I'd rather have a plate-ful of steamed broccoli (NO butter/salt/margerine, etc.) with a side salad (if you want dressing [which I don't like any of 'em], put it on the side. When you go to eat, dip the fork in the dressing 1st. Why? You'll save TONS of cals by not drizzling it all over everything).

Evening snack. Only 4 cookies with 65cal 12g sugar per cup milk? Again, for 100cals, I could eat more than that and be satisfied with some yogurt (60cals) and even then, still have more to eat (if I wanted to).

Butterfly50
10-03-2006, 02:23 PM
Melissa I like the Bl Diet because it gives you choices from the 4 food groups. Protein , Fruits and veggies , Whole grains, Then an Extra ( allow you 200 extra clories)

The book does lay it all out for you . You jest have to look at your weight to how many calories you need to eat. Like you 240 pounds should have 1,680 calories daily. As you loose weight you take your calories down by Adjusting the caloried a day by the 200 Extra, replace whole grain with veggies, choose lower calorie proteins. reduce fruit to veggies.

It is pretty laid out in the book and the book isnt expensive I only paid 11$ for mine. It gives alot of clues and suggestion too. I Love it the first diet that ever made me feel full. any thing else let me know.

sapphire35
10-03-2006, 04:22 PM
Damn Mia!! GOOD information.;) ;) I like info like that. I hope your having fun on your trip. I go Jackson Mississippi on Monday the 9th and then to Florida on Oct 20th-22. Just to much going on.

Hello ladies, too everyone. I can't seem to get my personals in. I never get the computer at home due to hubby, baby, dinner, and working out. I going to have to start using it at midnight. :(

Bonnie I noticed you lost some more weight, awesome.:carrot: :carrot:

everyone is doing really good right now.

OMG I did get to watch flavor the other night. New Yorks mother is insane.

Sugar-N-Spice
10-03-2006, 04:51 PM
Boy, I'll tell ya, if there's one way to guarantee walking the straight & narrow.....trying on clothes! Bah! It was not a very fun experience this afternoon at all. I already have issues with clothes sizes to begin with but needed to find a few things. Looking in the mirror knowing I'm in such a big size already and to have it look like it fits small. UGH! I just sat there in the dressing room and about cried. However I did tell myself well this is why you're losing weight so you don't have to go thru this humiliation anymore. Just not fun I tell ya! And to top it off? I think there was a lady in the stall next to me mackin away on some food or something! I am so serious!! lol First she was complaining to the clerk when she came around to ask if everyone was alright in the dressing rooms, that the a/c was not on low enough that it was entirely too hot in the dressing rooms. Argued with the sales lady! So she goes back to trying on clothes and then I hear a pop bottle open..you know that ssssssssss sound? Then I start hearing celaphane and her crunchin on something. Unreal! LOL

Bonnie, I am so glad that you're having a good time with the BL diet. I swear I did not see any sort of outline for what we should eat in that book when I bought it. LOL I was discouraged with that fact so I sold it. I guess I figured everything was online and that was their way of making you pay to use it. Glad someone found it! lol

Melissa, you are right as usual. I know I am better than this and that I can do this. Glad everything got done today. Good going finding a sitter for tomorrow night!!! Even tho' you are gonna go see 'Potato Chip Lips'. :D

Trish, good to see ya hon. Hope things are going well for you. FOL is a disaster isn't it. NY's mom is a major head case, no wonder NY is the way she is! LOL I missed the part where his kids came to spend time with them. I can only imagine the things they said about these girls! Kids can be very perceptive!

Mia, well you're just a well of information today, aren't you. lol Sounds like you know a thing or two about what you are going to do to get to goal. Did I read that right, you weigh 135???

You'd be very proud of me. I made it through the grocery with only fresh fruits, veggies, meats & dairy today. Plus some extra stuff for the kids lunches, but nothing fatty. Go me! lol

♥ danielle

miafluker
10-04-2006, 12:05 AM
dani- i wish i weighed 135 no that was info i got from somewhere else
the biggest loser diet sounds great i wonder if they sell it at barnes and nobles my hubby will kill me if i buy another diet thing so i guess ill have to figure out the correct servings i was watching a rerun of bl tonight and i couldnt believe how that female trainer acted that pi--ed me off anyone want to start another water challenge with me? this is for the folks that have a hard time getting in water how about you get a :flow1: for every 10 oz of water you drink during the day i also have news my hubby decided not to rejoin the marine:carrot: and we are moving to new orleans instead he just got a job offer today as a crane tech so ill be popping in and out until we are settled

Hun.e.B
10-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Good morning ladies!! Its awfully quiet, I hope everyone is okay! I had a soso day yesterday, I had 2 cookies yesterday SHAME!! My own fault I was the one who brought them to the meeting! But I got in all my water, I didnt BLT that I can remember so all in all a good day if we all just forget about cookies! LOL!! Today is gonna be iffy. tonight is the rolling stones concert who knows how that is gonna go. Its supposed to be chilly and rainy too...not fun!

Bonnie...I think I'm gonna see if i can find the BL book at the library and see if i can get something out of it. I dunno if I'll change plans right now just because SF is fitting well in my day. I like being able to just grab a shake and some fruit and go. Knowledge is power though so the more we have the better off we are!

Danielle...you mastered the grocery store!!! Although I never doubted you could do it for a minute! I dont even wanna think about going and trying on clothes!! I hope you at least found something after that whole adventure. That was the last time you've gotta feel like that because each time you go back you are gonna be smaller and smaller!

Mia....wow all kinds of changes coming your way huh! Are you excited about this move? I hope that everything goes smoothly for you and you get settled quickly and easily! I think tomorrow I'm gonna attempt to up my water so i'll join you on that challege. I'd like to go for 5 bottles now but not today, I dont want to have to worry about restroom facilities tonight!

Alright off to the shower! I hope everyone is having a wonderful morning! Its national walk to school day today. I think we will skip it because of my stupid leg, I was up all night with it. I'm so sick of being in pain!!! gonna call the doc today and tell him the meds arent working. Hopefully he's seen my Xrays by now too. have a GREAT one!!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-04-2006, 09:28 AM
Good Morning to everyone this morning . I am feeling wonderful right now . I had to get on the scale to weigh in this morning and I got some amazing resluts. I Lost 8 pounds since last wed. Boy is that making me feel great. I noticed that my stomach doesnt feel so puffy any more. Had some extra time last night so I did my walk last night and did it twice .

Melissa dont beat your self up over cookies. Losing weight is hard. If it was easy their wouldnt be any overweight people in this world. I love my Book . i took high lighter and high lighted alot of different stuff in it. I hope that the other book is jest as good.

Mia New Orleans! Congrats to you both.

Danielle sorry you had a bad day. I have been their . I hate trying on clothes . Expecially when it is something that you like and then look in the mirror and see how bad it looks on you. Hang in their.

I better be going coffee is calling my name . Catch you all later.

Hun.e.B
10-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Way to go Bonnie!!!! that is awesome news this morning!! Girl your energy and your enthusiasm plus the fact that I love Bob really inspires me to check out BL. I know you talk about just not being hungry all day long thats a huge motivator! I dont feel hungry but I would eat and then when it is time to eat I've been overdueing it. Gonna have to look into it. It'd be great if I could exercise too!! anyway, Congrats on a VERY successful week!! You are doing so fantastic!!! Keep up the good work!! YOu inspire us all!

~melissa

CartersMama
10-04-2006, 10:04 AM
Good morning ladies!! Hope everyone is having a wonderful hump day! The week is half way over!! :carrot:

Bonnie, Great job on the loss!! That is great!!!! Let us know how you like the cookbook when you get it! I would love to know if there are yummy things in it!

Mia, Thanks for all that info! That has some really great stuff in it. I always forget about Jell-o as a good little snack. :dizzy:

Danielle, I would have yelled at that lady for eating in the dressing room! Who eats in a dressing room? I hate dressing rooms. They are not my friends. And then they really arent when the person next to you is asking for a smaller size, because the 2's dont fit. argh. But it is a new day!!

Melissa, How are the shakes? I just bought a new pack and I was sure to buy the chocolate royale this time! Much better! All I could think about for some reason while drinking it, was I was glad it wasnt vanilla. so odd of me. Good luck with your leg! I hope it starts to feel better.

I did make it to the gym on sat and mon. I ran 4 miles both days. I didnt make it to spin on monday. But I will be going today after Pilates. I have to take my car down the street to get new tires put on it. fun fun. But I am going to wear my gym clothes and get the stroller and walk up some major hills while my car is worked on. I have been trying to eat better. But it is hard when we go out to eat. I am taking DH out tomorrow night for his bday and I hope they have a non-fishy fish there on special. haha. Or else they have pasta pasta and more pasta. feh. I have a pair of pants I want to get into next weekend.. so we will see if it happens. Good luck today ladies, I am going to try my hardest to get on that water goal!!

Sugar-N-Spice
10-04-2006, 12:04 PM
Hi guys. It's been a stressful morning already and it's not even 9am! Can I go back to bed and get up later? lol Today DD left for camp. This morning was stressful to say the least! This child does not like being away from home and was beside herself when it came time for her dad & me to say goodbye to her. I was already having anxiety of my own about this because I know how she is and I knew what was going to happen. Luckily her best friend showed up just then and gave her a big ole hug and said it would be okay. *tear* Ugh, I hate that I left my daughter teary-eyed!!! While she isn't going too too far away it's still a drive. I am expecting a phone call tonight telling me I gotta come get her, I'm bracing myself for it. *sigh*
Then on top of that, my other DD forgets this bag she needs for English which happens to be 2nd pd. So dear ole mom gets to trudge allllll the way back home and allllll the way back to her school so she has it. Good Lord I hope these kids remember this stuff when I'm in my old age and drooling in my wheelchair. lol

Mia, wow I can't believe you guys are gonna move!!! How exciting!!! At least now there isn't the issue of military floating around anymore, that must be some relief, no?

Bonnie, you are an exercise diva!!! Major congrat's on that 8 lb loss, that is fabulous!! :dance:

Mel, well I really hope the dr does something now. Seems to me that it's a little more that sciatica? I can only imagine the pain you're in. Just yesterday when I went trolloping all over town looking for clothes I started getting that pain again near my tailbone...the one that shoots down my left tushy and down my leg. Ugh, SO NOT FUN!!! One more reason I need to hurry up and get this fat off!!! So tonight is the date with the potato chip lips man!!!! :D

Stacia, YUM-O Chocolate Royale!!! That is my absolute fave, been having it for years! I know you will do great when you go out to eat. You know what your goals are, what you want and the only way to get them. You can do it! Great job with the exercise, wow running 4 miles. I can't fathom even just half a mile! lol

Well girls, I am just not feeling this day at all. Between all my emotional stress this morning (or as my dh says, I'm being nuerotic!) and the running around I gotta get done today....Just wanna lay on the couch and watch the telly all day long. Bah!

Have a super day everyone. Will be back when I can be in a better mood.

Hun.e.B
10-04-2006, 03:01 PM
Good Afternoon everyone! Where are you all? We get quieter and quieter everyday!

Stacia...your running is amazing!! 4 miles too! Sheesh! EW fish! LOL!! I'm not a fan either. People always try and get me to try seafood and tell me it doesnt taste fishy at all...and it always does! Hows that water coming? I'm slow today!

Danielle...good heavens woman! Hows the afternoon shaping up? I hope its settled down a bit. Jordan is just like your little one, I dont think she'd make it being away like that either. When we were in Florida she was ready to go home the 3rd day there. And we were in Disneyworld!!!! She just would rather be at home. I suppose one of these days we are gonna be begging them to stay home one night!

Well I best get my house cleaned up if we are having a babysitter come over tonight. Not sure she'd appreciate having to use my bathroom the way it looks right now LOL! No word back from the doc yet, I'm gonna have to turn on my squeeky wheels I guess! Have an amazing afternoon!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
10-04-2006, 04:14 PM
Afternoon's getting better. Kinda. Finally found a moment of peace and my brain has finally had time to settle down. :dizzy:

Stacia, about the lady in the dressing room. Isn't that the most bizarre thing ever???? I would swear on my life that she was eating in there by the sounds that were coming out of there. Not quite sure what she thought she was doing. The rooms were pretty roomy with little comfy chairs in there and all....but man! LOL I spent about 45 min. in that store and she was still in there when I left. She was also in there before I was so who knows what she did all day. I wonder if anyone had to drag her out of there. Ha!

Melissa, yeah Kori is a funny girl. She is so rambunctious and outgoing when she's around us but when it comes to being with other people, man does she shut down. I felt SO bad for her today. You don't know how bad I wanted to say, I'm coming too. I know she'll have a good time with all the projects they've got lined up, it's the night time where I think is going to be extra rough for her. Luckily these are like real cabins where there's only 4 girls per, and not like a huge dorm-like room like how it was when we went to Lake Pleasant. I just hope that the teachers/parents really take some time to listen to her. My poor baby!!!! But. She's gotta get this outta her system now, next year in 6th grade they go to Idylwild for 4 days and that's like a 6 hour drive! Can you imagine getting a phone call saying you need to come get your kid. LOL

My food choices today have sucked big time. Not sure what's going on with me. You'd think that with all the depressing clothes trying on yesterday and today that I would get a clue. The biggest surprise is that I have been skipping meals. Big shock, huh? lol Who me? Miss a meal? Its almost unheard of! And then when I do get a chance to eat, I am making the most wrongest choices I could make. I have a feeling no leaves will be falling for me this week. :( Gosh, I hope I don't gotta put the 2 I lost last week, back on the tree! LOL

And lets not even discuss exercise! It is non existent despite all the talking I've done about getting back to it. I REALLY need some sort of serious exercise challenge, cause this on & off attitude of mine is for the birds. If I can get workouts done regularly, my food & water is stellar.

OH! I got my book yesterday for our Oct. read. Looks really good, gonna start it today. Is anyone else doing this?????

Alright, well now it's time to get some things picked up around here. My house looks like a tornado hit it this morning. As usual, dh promised to help out with all 3 kids this morning, and his version of "helping out" is camping out on the sofa watching me run around like a chicken with my head cut off. :rolleyes: As I finished packing up DD, combed 3 heads, ironed HIS work shirt, fed all 3 and got myself ready. Men!

lovethatsara
10-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Sorry I'm in a weird mood right now. What are you girls doing to lose this weight? What kind of factors do you think is helping you?

I honestly think theres not enough hours in the day. I think I'm going to start going to bed early so I can get up earlier and excersize and then take my shower and go to work. Does anyone do that? If so do you feel more tired at work? I want to try and get two workouts in a day instead of one.

I feel really awful because last week I couldnt do anything monday i hurt my shoulder and it didnt feel better til thursday and on thursday i got the flu and wasnt feeling better til yesterday. so yeah my week was totally thrown off.

Anyways, I gained like 4lbs last week. And i know we fluctuate. but boy when is this weight going to come off already! lol j/k I guess I need some little tips that might help me throughout the day.

sapphire35
10-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Good evening ladies!! :D

have you guys started reading the new book we chose for the month of October yet?

Congrats Bonnie on the weight loss, That is outstanding:carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: . You are a machine right now. Good Job.

Danielle your quacking me up with the lady in the dressing room story. Don't worry you'll be trying on skinny clothes in no time.;)

Mia - congrats on your husband decision I know you were worried about that. I knew you guys would make the best and right decision for all involved. New Orleans, wow, now thats some moving. Exciting!!!! :)

Hello :wave: :wave: :wave: Amanda, Melissa, Brit, Sara, Altari, Aqua, Cartersmama, jazzy, and i no am missing some ladies. I have to get use to all the new names.

Does anyone know where Aqua is lately.

Mia I will do the water challenge with you, i need to desperately.

miafluker
10-04-2006, 06:00 PM
thanks everyone i think it will be a great move
sara- dont worry i probably gained some weight too i was told that if you are watching what you eat and you are still gaining then adjust your diet some foods make people gain more than others you just have to find what works for you
sugar- im glad your day is going better
my food intake sucked today too i was doing good this morning but i went out with my hubby and got too hungry so we went to walmart so i can buy some healthy food when we got back to the house i ate a reeces cup and 4 oreos i was soo hungry i just grabbed what i saw:mad:
where is everyone else?

i did get
:flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1:= 40oz of water:carrot:

jazy
10-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Good afternoon ladies!!!
OMG I got an email saying that the new show for biggest loser is comming on tonight. ( no joke but i really like that show). I had no clue that they came out with a book and a whole diet plan. COOL!!( i realized that when I saw everyone writing about it )
Hey is it really good!!! You never know I might check it out

I just always wondered how do they get almost 30 lbs off with in a week or two. They must be like always exerciseing( night and day). MAN!!!!

Bonnie- OMG !!!! Congrats on your 8lbs loss. You seem to have it all together on this weight loss thing(LOL)!!!! Hopefully we can all be as happy as you are soon.

DAnielle--- AWW, Are you missing your daughter already!! My mom always told me that she would never miss me when i left but she call me all the time. Dont worry you raised her well and I guess It was time. What kind of camp did she go to? OMG You are to funny!! My brother is the same way when I clean. I ask just for him to take out the garbage and he cant even do that!!!!MEN!!!!(LOL)

Melissa-- Don't worry two cookies wont kill you!!LOL!! You are a strong women and aparently like the rolling stones. I hope that you had fun at your concert. Let me know how it was!!! Wait if your leg hurts what are you doing at a ROCK CONCERT!!LOL!!!

Hey stacia , hey trish ,Whats up!!!!

LOVE that sara--- I am not sure what you name is but I just wanted to say hi!!! You seem to be in a rut!! Because we are all in the same boat i would have to say that you shouldn't make a big deal about the 4lbs gained. Just take it as a lesson learned. YOu don't know how many times I have lost and gained back weight and YES it makes me sad but I just get up and try again!!! Remember success isnt a destination it is a journey!!!!

Hun.e.B
10-04-2006, 06:36 PM
LOL Jazy...I'm not really a rolling stones fan at all. But they are legends and we dont get many concerts here in missoula MT so I got the tickets. I think it'll be fun. When in my life am I gonna get to say yeah I saw the stones in concert LOL! I went to disneyworld with this leg I think I can handle tonight too, got no choice really!

On the doctors note...they called today and apparently nothing is wrong with me. There is nothing wrong with my back and they wont give me anything for pain (not that I wanted pills I just wanna know whats wrong and how to fix it) The nurse all but came out and said we think you are faking it. When I questioned what was wrong with me then, why am I in such agony every day, she made me make another appointment. So I had a good cry about it. I am just upset because I suffered with this pain for over a year now, and I finally break down and go see a doctor just to have them tell me I'm faking it and theres nothing wrong with me. So I'll see the doc again on Wednesday and tell him hey...if its not my back get to looking because there IS something wrong with me, this pain is not in my head!

Okay off to finish chores around here so I can get ready to go! Have a wonderful night everyone!!

~melissa

Amany
10-04-2006, 07:32 PM
Ok, I'm not all caught up with the posts. :(

Melissa, I just want to tell you how sorry I am to hear of the nurse's call. The back is so tricky and there's still a lot that isn't understood about it.

About 11 or 12 years ago I had horrible back pain that lasted for months. It was in the lower right part of my back and felt like something was pressing on a nerve. My doctor could never figure it out. She'd prescribed 3 different medications and nothing ever took the pain away. At one point she'd scheduled me for a vaginal ultra sound. They found a couple of cysts that might have caused the pain. But they didn't really think that was the cause. My scoliosis wasn't the cause either. Eventually it did stop hurting and I don't know why.

Now I usually only have the pain slightly about 10 or 14 days before my period. Nothing abnormal was ever found though. I have recently found that the Callanetics exercises that stretch the back and sides, seem to alleviate the pain. I'm not an expert by any means, but if they are not able to find anything, and all else fails, maybe the Callanetics could help. :shrug:

I'm sorry for the way it all turned out. I hope everything gets better soon. :hug:

BTW.... I ate four cookies yesterday. They were Toll House Turtle Chocolate chip. I won't have anymore though. Because they are all gone. :( :ink:

Sugar-N-Spice
10-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Sara, I'm sorry you're hitting a rough patch, but as they say, this too shall pass. I know, easier said than done, huh? LOL I've always liked the idea of working out to get my day started. I did this several years back when I lost a bunch of weight and loved how it made me feel. Really kept that energy going all day for me. I think it's a personal choice, lots of people swear by exercise at night. That helps lots to sleep alot better. I guess its all in how you want to plan your day and how committed you are willing to be. I hear ya, I wish I could wake up tomorrow and have all the extra weight be gone. No such luck. So what do we do? We keep trudging forward, thru the good and the bad. You can do this!!!

Mia, we all know never to let ourselves get too hungry, but we all do it. Its a learning process and one hopefully we'll all get quick. :) Hang in there, I hope you at least enjoyed the Reeses? lol Those are my fave!!!

Trish, yeah the dressing room lady was sorta scary. Dh doesnt believe me! lol Not that I can blame him. Well, I hope to be trying on skinny clothes alot sooner than later--heck, anything is better than what I was staring at! :D

Jazy, I do miss my little one. She's the baby and we're very close. I definitely want her to get out there and have a blast, just bothers me that she feels upset. Poor kid. Yes! Biggest Loser tonight!!! I believe this is week 3 and I already don't like the new trainer they've got for the red team! lol Call me picky.

Melissa, I cannot even believe there's nothing wrong with your leg? While I can understand that they'd not be quick to dispense with the pain meds, but still!! I hope that tonight you don't feel too much of it so you can enjoy "the man". Potato chip lips and all.....:D Cracks me up that these guys are a million years old and still rockin. Kewl that you can say you saw 'em "way back when".

♥ danielle

AlaskanMelody
10-04-2006, 10:44 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Just popping in for a minute. We've stopped for the night. I feel good about my food so far. Not enough water....but I'll work on it tomorrow. We're having fun...stolpped for a couple hours at a park today and had a picnic and played. We're hoping to be in South Dakota tomorrow and we'll do a lot of sight seeing there.

Hope you're all doing well!

Amany
10-05-2006, 05:10 AM
Good morning All!! :wave:
FINALLY, a moment....

Melody - I'm glad you're enjoying the trip so far. I hope the whole experience exceeds your expectations. Hmmm... Maybe journaling your experiences would be a good idea.
I hope you and your family have a great time and are safe at moments.

Melissa - I hope your daughter has a great time. And I'm glad you're ok in her absence too. :hug: I hope it's just something that she protests at first, but then has a great time. That was so sweet the way her best friend consoled her.
The lady in the dressing room.... Yikes! :o There are lots of strange people in the world. And they live among us! :eek: :lol: If it were not for them, who would we laugh at?

Mia!! - I'm so excited for you and your family! I know you feel a ton of relief about your husband's decision. I'm glad it's all working out for you. And you'll be living in New Orleans! I swear I'm becoming more and more envious by the day. :)

Hi Jazy!! :wave:

Hey Trish! - Congrats on the new vehicle and the upcoming trips. Fun, fun fun...
I've started the book. I'm not very far though. I'm at the part where Sunny is meeting with her dad and his girlfriend.

Sara - Chin up, my friend. :) We'll all get this weight thing sorted out. Don't wallow in it. I know that many of us have a tendency to do that. Just press forward and fight not to lose anymore ground. You're going to be successful. This is just a bump in the road. :hug:

Hi Cartersmama - I hope you had fun with your husband. Yeah, I hate fishy fish too. ;)
You are just the workout queen! WTG lady! :bravo:

Bonnie. My hero!! :carrot: :cp: :cb:
Eight pounds is fantastic. It's major. You're an inspiration. I think we all need to jump on your bandwagon!

It sounds like we've all been struggling in the food area. I think we all just need to learn to make better, non-extreme, choices. And exercise even if we have to make ourselves do it. We all started out with a lot of fervor and determination. Then it fizzles out... Certain things like moderation and exercise need to become our norm. I think the key words are "norm" and "moderation". The extremes are setting us up. First we go through the extreme of deprivation and then the extreme of binging or near binging. Or just spending a few days eating bad stuff. Let's get off the hamster's wheel! :dizzy:
Now it's time for us to really accept that this we are supposed to make healthy lifestyle choices. Maybe it won't be x amount of carbs per day and maybe we'll miss the mark being perfect. But we have to keep plugging away at it and keep practicing. We might not lose 3 or 4 pounds every week, every now and then some pizza or a slice of cake will pop up. We just have to make sure that it doesn't happen several times a week. Or even every week. Maybe we need to work on living normal, sensible healthy lives that include nutritious foods, exercise and....... The occasional cookie. :)
Let's not stress about this stuff anymore and learn some balance while we're learning to be healthier. Food is having too much power over us. A candy bar or potato chips are not supposed to make us have a bad day! We just know that if we have that candy or chips, we've got to keep things in check for a week or two. We can't keep living our lives this way.

Well, I'm off to do my Callanetics! Have a great day everyone!! :grouphug:

CartersMama
10-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Gooooood Morrning!!!! :carrot: Hope everyone is starting their morning off great!!! I am still in bed! Well it is 6:30am!

Melissa, wait.. no concerts?? Didnt Pearl Jam go there not that long ago? And some of the members live there too! Sorry my sister is a huge fan and goes to see them everywhere! Okay and that sucsk about the dr. I would see if you could get in with someone else to look you over and maybe they can figure out why you are in so much pain. I have a ton of back pain as well, and it turned out to be arthritus (sp?) in my back. Um I am only 26! They wanted me to go through all this physical therapy but I think its just my boobs! haha. I am thinking once I get this weight off and loose the boobs (I hope) my pain will go away.

Melody, Hope you are having a blast on you trip! Sounds like fun!!!!

Sara, its a new day today!! You can do it! We are all here to support you! A few slip ups here and there are fine! Just climb back up on that horse! :hug:

Okay. I thought I was going to die yesterday. I took my car in and then decided to walk after that. 3 miles later up hills sweating like a maniac I made it. I stopped at a park so my son could play walked over to Target too and got some shopping done. And then by that time my car was done! But then I also went to pilates and spin.. this is where the dying part comes in. I got home and wanted to pass out. I ended up going to bed before 8! haha. Tonight is date night! woo! And boy do we need it. I weighed myself first thing this morning and I weigh less then I did 2 years ago! But I am still out of whack from having my son. *shudders*. I still have a ways to go but I can do it!!! Good luck today ladies!!! :dance:

Butterfly50
10-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Good Morning to all I hope that all is well with everyone. I was wondering the same where is Aqua? as I said before I hae read and reread the BL book. Bob encourages you to exercise before breakfast. If your are doing any Sculpting or weights do them first and then do your cardio he says that you will burn the stored fat instead of burning the calories you have jest consumed. I have not tried this yet cause by the time I have a quiet house its 9am and I am hungry and I dont trust myself to want to cheat. he also talks about Mantras. they have them located all over the ranch I was thinking of doing this one . It is where you make signs like YOU CAN DO IT! , I CAN DO THIS, ONE DAY AT A TIME, jest different one that you thik you can respond to and help you stay on track and mabe give you some more will to keep it up. He says this will silence the Negetive in your head and you will have a better outlook.

Jest a few sugestions. I didnt do any workout yesturday I cleaned my childrens room and it was pretty it took me 4 hours to clean them both. When they got home I gave the girls a bill for 50$$ each and my son got the full 100$$ . Maybe that could explain why Iam kinda sore today. Then I had to go to school for pparent teachers confrences and I was jest floored I was talking to my DD teacher and I was telling her how she is fighting me on homework and not taking the time to do it. Then she asked me if they get her in an after school program if we would consider taking her off the meds the doc jest put her on last week. Aparently they are noticing her doing things to other kids now. Like she swatted at someones hair yeaturday. I quiclky responded to her and said NO!!!! i had to explain to her she is on the meds becasue she think no matter where she goes or what she is doing someone is going to come and hurt her. I explained to her that she jest started taking the prozac on sat . Then she tells me that it proabley isnt in her system yet. I was like duh. I was telling my Dh when I got home and he was pissed he said what right does she have to ask you something like that. She doesnt have a MD. I am sory to be ranting and raving here.

amanda they way I look at things is that when you have a baby and you have to teach the child how to eat weather it is from bottle or mother. I see it as we have to teach our selfs how to eat again. We are soo used to eating the wrong way and now we have to teach our selfs to eat the right now. Of cousre we will slip up and think we are not making it but We didnt get fat in a day and we wont get skinny in a day either . Jest take baby steps I look at today not tomorrow.

Melody I hope that you are having a wonderful time.

Melissa what kind of doctor are you going to? maybe if he cant find nothing out send you to someone who deals with stuff like that.

Jazy The BL last night I was kinda mad that the blue team lost the reward challenge again. Then the shocker when the Blue team had to do the tie breaker when they came up even with the kick off votes. Then they voted Nelson off. OMG that was a shocker and he wasnt up for kickoff.
acording to the book they exercise 4to 6 hrs a day.

I better be going I have to get dressed before the ups man is at my door with my sons meds.(shots) So I better be going.

Hun.e.B
10-05-2006, 10:50 AM
Good Morning rockstars!! Ugh I'm tired! I got my kiddos off to school and I think I'll go back to bed for an hour before I gotta get ready to go myself. I'll have to do personals later. I'm too old to party like that! LOL!! The concert was SO amazing! I'm so glad we didnt sell our tickets they were worth WAY more than we wanted for them. I said before I'm not even really a stones fan at all but it was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. We had a GREAT time! I loaded up on aleve and anti inflamatories before we left and there were only a couple of times when i had to just sit for a minute.

Stacia you are right we do get Pearl Jam whenever they tour but they dont count because they are local boys LOL! Jeff Ament lives here, I used to have to call him often to tell him his Directv bill was past due.

I missed BL last night, but read the recaps today. I'm sick of the red team winning!! I thought it was so unfair that they got the care packages last time plus they got to spend the evening with their families. Maybe unfair isnt the word since they did win it...just felt really sorry for blue! And the tie breaker rules are stupid! The blue team should have voted between the 2 that had votes. Now that was unfair.

Okay I gotta go lay down! Oye! LOL! I'll be back in a bit!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
10-05-2006, 11:28 AM
All was quiet on the phone lines last night, I am so happy. I fully expected a phone call from a teacher tellin me I had to come fetch my kiddo. But nope. Hopefully she wasn't even fazed by the night time and just fell dead asleep. You better believe I slept with the house phone, my cell phone & dh's cell phone all lined up next to me on the table! LOL I am such a horrible crazy person when it comes to my kids.

Melody, I hope you guys are having a wonderful time. Sounds like things are going a-ok. Haven't been tempted to leave anyone anywhere yet, so this is good! LOL j/k.
I hope you are journaling your trek across the country, what a great thing for your kids to read about when they're older.

Amanda, if ONLY it could be the occasional cookie! LOL I don't do occasional when it comes to cookies or anything sweet really. I hate that I have this tendancy. I look at dh and the man can take 1 cookie out of a package and not go back to it until they've gone stale. :rolleyes: Now why can't I have that?? It's been a real rough coupla days for me, and for whatever reasons I've just gotten weak. I know that exercise is important, just having trouble finding a time that is a 'good' time. Right now 5 am doesn't really do it for me. I want it to be something that fits somewhere without it having to a big ordeal. Otherwise I know for a fact that I will not stick with it. Sorta like finding a diet plan that suits your needs and tastes to make it a lifelong thing.

Stacia, my goodness look at all that exercise chicky! Wow, you really got a good workout in with all that walking, didnt you? I can only imagine that sleep must've felt wonderful last night. Have a great time with dh tonight! Yep, you can definitely do this!!

Bonnie, oh you're a saint to be cleaning the kids rooms. My son is the clean, organized one and my girls (who share) are the little packrats. Wouldn't it be nice if we could charge like that for us SAHM's? I would be rich I tell ya! lol Poor blue team got it rough last night, I know I would've been so upset to not get to spend time with my dh. And can I just tell you that the 3 women on the red team drive me insane????!!!!!! Ugh, especially the one with the foul mouth, where every other word is a curse word when she gets upset. I wish one of them would've gone home!

Melissa, I am so glad you had a great time last night! Too old to party, huh? Hhhhmmmmmm. Kinda scary to think about way back when we could go 2 days without much sleep and be ready for more. I remember those days fondly! LOL I'm glad the leg didnt give you too much trouble! If this doc can't figure out what's going on, your best bet may be having to go to a specialist of some kind. May be the only way you get real answers and a solution.

Well, I am definitely NOT looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I fear it could be disasterous. But hey, I've got no one to blame but myself, right? I think right now if I could have just one wish, it'd be to not be an emotional eater. Seriously! I don't want a quick fix, I want to do the work, I want to sweat for it, but not having that emotional trigger every single day would make things alot easier! lol

I am eager to make today a great day. The last few haven't been good at all and I need to get out from under that and have a great day today. The old Nike mantra, "Just Do It" keeps coming to mind. How true it is! Sitting back feeling sorry and wallowing in guilt & self pity will not get me anywhere except maybe bigger. Just gotta get up off my behind and 'just do it'.

iwantnewpants
10-05-2006, 11:33 AM
Good day Girls!

I don't have time for personals....but I wanted to say "hi!" to everyone! I'm going to NY this weekend and probably won't be online, but smooches to all and I'll see you when I get back!

Liz

Butterfly50
10-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Danielle I know what you mean I wanted to jump in the TV last night and strangle Heather From Utah . Man she was making me soo mad the way she was screaming and hollaring. she was soo making an A** out of herself. I do think that the Tie breaker should of been only between the two that was up for dismisal. Hope the Blue team prevails next week.

OMG the room cleaning . It was terriable My 11 Year OLd DD likes to clean her room but it is always piled in the closet when she is done. wouldnt it be nice if we got paid for doing things like that. i bet when your DD got their she started having fun and she will have so many stories to tell you when she gets back.

sapphire35
10-05-2006, 04:31 PM
Hows all you lovelies doing today? :D

amanda you are so right about everything you said. i can't keep beating myself up for eating something i shouldn't have. or not losing the weight i thought i was suppose to for the week. when you ignore the scales and just change your lifestyle the weight should start to fall off. now of course we all know that means we really need to change our life styles, exercising :carrot: and eating right, and right portions. treating ourselves occassionally. :)

i admit i started slacking towards the end of september. my h starting working 12 hrs due to side jobs. and we all know i like to go to the gym. well thats been getting harder and harder to do. but if i really had the right mindset that wouldn't really be the problem. the problem is simply making excusing for not choosing the right choices and being lazy. I'm tired of being lazy, don't get me wrong i work all day and rip and run errands all evening, and take care of the baby. but i know if i really want to stop and exercise i could versus watching a show i really like or going to walmart, etc.

amanda what you said helps alot i guess thats why this is called a support group, because a cookie or two is not going to put 1500 or 1600 calories on me in one day. Alot of poor choices will. Exercising is not going to hurt me, unless i do it wrong, but lack of will. Excuses,excuses, excuses, excuses, will stop me and all of us from achieving or goals. I say all this because i was starting to slip. I now i am re-focused.

Stacia I admire what you did today, that was alot of :dust: you showed. I would never had actually walked and did all that without a car at my disposal. On a bike or treadmill yeah, but not on the street with no end in sight for awhile. S**% i don't even like parking far at the grocery store. :D Like amanda you have a strong determination and you will succeed.

sapphire35
10-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Okay you guys no I'm nuts today I just joined the 21 day challenge. If i screw up one day i have to start over on day one again. my goals are: 100 ounces of water a day, 100 crunches a day, and 1400 calories a day i get 3 day pauses on water and calories without loss of count.

I'll keep you updated as we go along. Hey who won the september challenge? the one with percentage of body weight.:?:

miafluker
10-05-2006, 07:00 PM
hi guys mel i hope you feel better i still have tmo visiting and i noticed at night i have the worst headaches man what we women go through
well i exercised yesterday and this morning it really does make a differ to work out in morinings i felt so much better during the day i made hubby promise to jog with me in the morning and if i do it a month straight the he has to quick smoking he made the deal since i really want him to stop then i have to do my part anywayys im eating akay a few slips but overall much better and a big improvement on water today i got :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: :flow1: =50oz so far yeah

can someone tell me what the 21 day challenge is i want to try

Hun.e.B
10-05-2006, 10:19 PM
Good evening girls! Sorry I was so absent today it just turned into one of those days. It was one thing after another, mentally draining. I had some toast this morning because my stomach was so upset from the night before and then I didnt eat or drink anything till after 3pm. I actually did well on portions for dinner..very well now that I think about it. But we had Hamburger Helper so..ya know. Water is very slow.

Trish...tell us a little more about the challenge, what do you get in 21 days? a reward. I think I might want to join you on that but not on the other board.

Mia...if thats not an incentive to jog I dunno what is!!!

I hate to cut it short, I know I didnt respond to everyone I'm sorry, I'm not ignoring you. But I've got half an hour to get lunches made, baths done and kids into bed before ER starts. Priorities you know! LOL!!

Tomorrow will be a better day. I dont think I'm gonna weigh in. The past few days havent been great and I'd rather not feel disappointed. Its just a number anyway. This coming week is going to be better anyway! No roadblocks in the near future just 6 upcoming exams! And fundraiser is winding down next week. I'll be too busy to eat! LOl!! have a wonderful friday everyone!!

~melissa

sapphire35
10-06-2006, 09:35 AM
GOOD MORNING LADIES

Okay here is the 21 day challenge?:carrot: :carrot: :carrot:

A lot of people try for a while and then stop. . . There is NO shame in starting over. Remember, it's not over till you give up.

NEVER GIVE UP!!...Just start OVER!! ;)

EXPLANATION AND RULES:

It works like this: you decide you'll do something for 21 days straight, every single day, so keep it doable. Then you count ....one through 21.....and if you flub it, you MUST go back to zero and start over again. Everyone will be on different days. You can start anytime. At the beginning of the challenge you declare what level it is -- Level 1, 2, or 3. Level 1 means you feel it's a relatively easy challenge for you and means you only give yourself ONE pause day (see explanation of pause days below). Level 2 would give you two pause days and so on...
And taking NO pause days is what I'm going to call "aceing a challenge," as in "I'm aiming on aceing this one!" Yowzah!!

With a pause day you pause in your counting and continue the next day with the number you left off with. Pause days are NOT substitutes for days, i.e. Day 12 -- Day 13 -- Pause Day -- Day 14..... I suggest taking a pause day late in the game (better to go back to Day 1 early on) if you need a break or screw up when you're well into the challenge, meaning, when you're on Day 15 or something like that.

In any case, the trick is to keep going. The momentum builds and it's great incentive to stick to your guns, cause if you don't.........back to START you go. And the really great thing about this challenge is that you are forming new habits that will wipe out the old! AND, you get to do it with a great bunch of really supportive people to whom you are accountable!

So for instance I already did 100 crunches this morning, I have not accomplished all my water yet but i will by the end of the day, I hope. The same with my calorie intake.

Example

Processed Foods -- Day 0 done/no pauses taken
Sugar -- Day 0 done/no pauses taken
Walking/Running/Riding Challenge -- Day 1 done/no pauses taken
100 Crunch Challenge -- Day 1 done/no pauses taken

Amany
10-06-2006, 09:47 AM
Good morning Angels :)

Things are almost back to normal at work and, wouldn't you know it, the owner / CEO and his cronies are showing up next week. :mad: Thankfully it won't affect me much. I'm so low on the totem pole that all he'd ever come to me for is a lunch order and a hotel reservation. :) It will be funny to see all the normally big, bad and arrogant people jump through hoops. :lol: They get soooo nervous.

Ladies, I think I'm changing. I think I'm becoming normal. Whatever that is... :dizzy: I'm just at a point where I don't want to stress about losing a dress size every month. I just want to eat healthy and exercise. I'm ready to incorporate what I've learned from every book I've ever read and all the info I've gathered online. I think I'm just going to shift my focus to moderation.

I want to practice pushing my plate away when my hunger is satisfied, making sure I get aerobic exercise at least 5 times per week, eating smaller portions and makine wise choices with food. Fried, starchy and sugar laden foods are not good choices for regular meals. BUT if I have something like that on occasion, I want to teach myself to have very little of it and then push it away. I want to practice not gorging myself or binging because it's a special day. I want to practice not eating just because I'm sad or stressed. I remember when Bob from BL had his team work out instead of eating after losing a challenge. He didn't want them turning to the food for comfort. That stuck with me.

I've also decided that my weight loss goal is five pounds a month. Of course I hope to lose more than that. But if I don't, then I'm ok with it. If I loose less than that, then I know I'll need to make some adjustments. Eating healthier is supposed to make you happier. Not stressed out. Exercise is supposed to make you more relaxed. It's not supposed to be a punishment for having a slice of cake the day before. What are we doing to ourselves? Do we really need more psychological damage? Haven't we had enough. I'm not proposing that we settle or become laxed about our weight loss. I'm simply proposing that we not continue to hurt ourselves anymore. The yoyoing with weight is bad on our hearts and throws out metabolism out of wack. The emotional ups and downs are not good mentally.

My 35th birthday is 17 months away. My goal is to be 150 pounds by then. I want to lose 20 more after that. I know that's sending some of you into shock. I understand. 2 months ago, if I had read a post like this, I'd be thinking, "Well, that's just lazy. I would never wait that long." :lol: But quite frankly, I'm tired of the roller coaster.

:hug: Melissa :hug: Cheer up my friend. I hope everything is sorted out soon. I hope it didn't seem like I was trivializing things by suggesting Callanetics. It's just that it's helped me a lot with muscles that seemed to be starting to atrophy from inactivity. Plus I'm sure things will get better as you lose.

Mia - I rooting for you girl! That's right! Get the hubby off the smokes. That would motivate me to jog too. I'm so glad you guys are not going to have to endure separation anymore. So, so glad. :)

Trish - Keep us posted on the challenge.
I understand that it's hard to get in the exercise sometimes. Sometimes what I'll do is walk on my lunch hour and eat lunch during my breaks. That way I know I'll get it in. Sometimes we just have to find the opportunity. If we can find it, we have to create it. :)

Bonnie - You could at least let your kids sign up for an ez payment plan. You know they don't have jobs or credit!! :lol3: I used to love it when my mom would clean my room. I'd ***** about it, but secretly I loved it. I wish she'd do it now....
You're right. It is like we're starting off as babies. So we have to be patient with ourselves and stay positive.

Liz - Have a great time in NY. I love it there! Bring me back a few knock-off handbags and a Fat Witch brownie! ;)

Danielle - Yep. I understand the weak days. Try not to focus on the enormity of your goal and focus on the moment. Look at your goal, even give yourself a time frame if you want, but then plan out the baby parts of it and focus on those. Then try to be mellow about the whole thing. :cool:
It's ok. :hug: This is a learning process for all of us. I have found that journaling helps me tremendously with figuring out the "whys" of what I do.

Stacia - Lady you're just down right admirable. WTG with the exercise.

I have to get some work done now. BBL Ladies! :wave:

AQUA IF YOU'RE READING WE MISS YOU SO, SO MUCH!!! :grouphug:

Amany
10-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Trish - I missed your post. WTG with the crunches lady! :bravo:
Thanks for explaining the challenge.

sapphire35
10-06-2006, 09:52 AM
Melissa don't worry about the weigh in. By all means we can do the challenge on this thread. I just wanted to get started. We have more supportive group and I am comfortable with you ladies.

You can choose whatever you want your challenge to be as well. everyone can do something different thats the beauty of it.

Iwantnewpants: enjoy New York i have always wanted to go there.

I finally got to the gym last night, i was so excited. Knocked down another 8 miles on the bike and 2 on the treadmil. Got 40 min of strength training in as well. :carrot:

Hello Mia

Hello Amanda

Hello Sara

Hello Danielle

Hello Britt

Hello Cartersmama

Hello Bonnie you are just rocking. :carrot:

Hello Melodie

Hello Aqua, where are you lady?????????? I hope all is okay. Let us know.

Hello Altari

Hello Jazzy

God I hope I didn't miss anyone.

Hun.e.B
10-06-2006, 09:59 AM
Good Morning lovelies!!!

Trish I really want to do this challenge with you! I need to really just step up my game here. I need to stop pissin and moanin about being in pain and just learn to deal with it. If losing weight is going to end it well then here we go darn it! I'm the queen of excuses and that needs to end!! I'm gonna think on this hard today figure out where my main focuses will be and I'll be ready to start tomorrow! Right now I'm thinking BLTs, portions and exercise. I'll get back toyou!! Thanks for giving that info!!

amanda....girl its so good to see you get to check in!! Its been so quiet around here its sad! I dont think you are crazy in your line of thinking at all, just the opposite. Why put stress on yourself to do this so fast, You'll reach that goal by your birthday I just know it!! You didnt trivialize anything for me, you got me thinking. I need to just do this pain or no pain and hopefully the pain goes away! LOL!! I've got an exercise ball, i've got hand weights, all i've gotta get now is rid of the excuses!!

Well I suppose I better go get my daughter up since she's gotta be at school in half an hour! LOL!! have a wonderful day everyone! I'll 'see' you this afternoon!

~melissa

Butterfly50
10-06-2006, 10:11 AM
Jest wanted to pop in and say HEllo and TGIF. Got some news yesturday my 16 year old niece had her baby it was a boy. Hard to believe that my son is older then her. My sister is oin on the 13 to see if she is expecting. Her and her hubby has been trying for so long. So glad that its not me . I dont hink I could do that again. well th hubby is gone out of town for the day and I think I am going up town for the day. Check in with you all later.

sapphire35
10-06-2006, 10:12 AM
Amanda you rock. Perfect attitude about this whole thing. We are all self concious about everything we do right now, so that within its self will help us lose the desire weight we are all seeking. Because we are Aware. If we just flat give up then we fail.

And we are all going to do this together, with each other support. So everyone start :D :) :D :) :D :) and lets move on. Lets relax. Amanda I not quite at the normal stage but I definitely commend you :hug: for being there already. we all be there soon.:carrot:

sapphire35
10-06-2006, 10:16 AM
I swear my grammer sucks. lol All you college goers are probably like OMG. :D :D

Hun.e.B
10-06-2006, 10:19 AM
Its okay Trish I speak typonese! LOL!

Hun.e.B
10-06-2006, 10:20 AM
Have a fantastic day bonnie...oye 16 with a baby! And here I thought 22 with a baby was hard! LOL!!

~melissa

sapphire35
10-06-2006, 10:22 AM
Melissa and Mia here is my 21 day challenge

72 ounces of water a day - 3 pauses - I hate water hard one to do (level 3)

100 crunches a day- 0 pauses (level 1)

1400 calories a day - 3 pauses (level 3)

Hun.e.B
10-06-2006, 10:25 AM
I have one question Trish...are your pauses planned? or you just have those as a reserve just in case?

sapphire35
10-06-2006, 10:29 AM
Those are reserved just in case you mess up that day, then you don't have to start over to 1 again. So if day 13 i mess up, then that is a pause and then i can continue with day 14. But if i use up all the pauses than i have start over at 1 if i mess up.

miafluker
10-06-2006, 12:04 PM
hi everyone thanks for explaining the challlenge how is everyone's day so far?
so far today i got in 28oz of water me and hubby walked this morning for 20min and i did turbo jam for 20 min i ate 3 jiffy blueberry muffins today that i made with egg whites and water and the jiffy mix that was a downer but on the upside i got in more exercise than usual and i did it before breakfast

talk to you guys later

Sugar-N-Spice
10-06-2006, 12:12 PM
Good Morning! I can't believe it's Friday AGAIN! Where is the time going? I think the kids 3 day weekend last weekend has thrown me off completely.

DD comes home today. She made it! I am hoping that when I go get her she'll have lots of funny stories to share with me. She's probably getting ready to start the journey down the mountains anytime now, I know she'll be anxious to get home. We've had rain! Lots of rain! It's nice to have the morning be dark and cloudy for a change. Only thing is, people get so strange around here when the rain comes. Drives me bonkers to have to deal with other drivers on the road. :dizzy:

Amanda, your definitely thinking alot about what it is you want out of this journey. Good for you. Like I always say: Weightloss is 99% mental, the other 1% is the "easy" part where we actually get thru exercise and good eating days. The mind sure is a funny thing. I have been journaling for years & years. Cant really say that it "helps" alot, I think it creates more questions than answers. lol I do it tho because I need to go back and look at what my thinking processes have been in the past. Your goal is definitely doable in 17mon. That's not being lazy or trying to take an easy out, it's being realistic. If more people stopped being in a big ole rush to get this done, I think there'd be more success. Again, it all goes back to the mind and what we think. No one wants to take the time to really assess the why's of why we get so heavy or why we can't put the food down. Everyone wants that instant success and its just not likely for many of us. You'll do it, no doubt about it.

Melissa, I think you will do great on the 21 day challenge. I may have to do it to because Lord knows, I need all the help I can get! lol I hope today is a better day for you and you have a fabulous start to your weekend!! Excuses are something so many of us battle, you're not alone in that dept. It's hard to sometimes keep all the balls in the air, you've got ALOT going on at home with everything you're involved in, and then the leg issue. I think you've done very well considering all you've been dealing with since school started. You can do this!

Trish, thanks for sharing the challenge with us. Like I told Melissa, I think I may do it too, I like the sound of it. Great job at the gym lady!!! I bet it felt really good to workout like a madwoman, huh? Keep it up, you've set yourself up for a win today!!

Bonnie, omg 16 and a new baby! I don't know if I could ever have done that. I remember just how silly I was at 16. I hope you enjoy your time in town!

Well, I didnt do a weigh in this morning. I didnt want to be discouraged as I'm pretty sure I've gained something. Food choices the last few days have been horrendous and my body is letting me know it. I'm grouchy, tired, and achy. Why do we do this to ourselves when we know what the outcome will be? :?: I really need to get in there, at those moments when I am feeling the urges to choose badly or go off plan...what exactly is it that I am thinking and feeling. To be honest with you, it almost feels like I just blank out at those moments. Sorta scary! Then afterwards I'm left feeling guilty for not being stronger. Vicious (sp?) cycle!

Have a great day ladies! Keep shining!

♥ danielle

Amany
10-06-2006, 02:27 PM
Food choices the last few days have been horrendous and my body is letting me know it. I'm grouchy, tired, and achy. Why do we do this to ourselves when we know what the outcome will be? :?: I really need to get in there, at those moments when I am feeling the urges to choose badly or go off plan...what exactly is it that I am thinking and feeling. To be honest with you, it almost feels like I just blank out at those moments. Sorta scary! Then afterwards I'm left feeling guilty for not being stronger. Vicious (sp?) cycle!

I know that feeling all too well. I don't know if you remember, but once I posted about knowing when I was about to go into a zone. Suddenly my pulse quickens just a bit and I just space out. Almost everytime I eat anything, I'm confronted with it. When I'm purposely conscious while I'm eating, it's much easier to catch. But then I have to sort of confront the food. It's almost like I have to tell the food it has no power over me. (I believe the confronting the food thing was something you said your therapist did too.)
It's all very exhausting. A lot of work. If I was able to just be "fat and happy" without any type of health risk, I would probably just go with it to tell you the truth.
None of this is easy, is it?

Amany
10-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Well Ladies...

I'd better say good night now. I'm leaving work in 20 mins. Then I have a hair appt. Right after that I'm going to church. Have I mentioned to you all that the church I've started going to on Friday evenings is actually a house. Someone lives there and the sanctuary is in the livingroom. I really like it though. The pastor (who happens to be my boss) is a great teacher. She sits down with us while she teaches, everyone is really nice and there's a real "homey" feeling. For lack of a better word. :D :lol:

SeeyouallonSaturdayhaveagreatweekend!!!!!

miafluker
10-06-2006, 07:28 PM
dont worry Dani you are not alone im scared to death to weigh i know i havent been doing great but we must remember we are human and the problem is we are looking at this like its a chore or dreadful thing when really its not i had an apple with a little of carmel and realized it cured my sweet craving without alot of calories.....i started writing down what i eat and then at the end of the day cross out all of the bad choices i made and write a postive option above it so that the next day maybe i can choose better and i would know what not to buy so far i realize jiffy muffins and snacks are my downfall as well as sodas but if i dont have them in stock then it will not bother me.... anyways i am planning to do this 21 day challenge starting probably wed. because we are suppose to go back home sunday to take of some things and then come right back to new orleans tuesday so hubby can start work. another thing i realized when i want to go out to a fast food place or want an outfit bad enough i make it happen so that mean i can make this weight loss happen
anyways got to go have a good night everyone

Amany
10-06-2006, 11:34 PM
i had an apple with a little of carmel and realized it cured my sweet craving without alot of calories.....i started writing down what i eat and then at the end of the day cross out all of the bad choices i made and write a postive option above it so that the next day maybe i can choose better and i would know what not to buy

Mia, you are a smart, smart lady. That's a wonderful idea.

Where the heck is everyone?! :?:
My husband is out playing pool and watching the Tigers' game with people who believe the Tigers can beat the Yankees in this series Yeah right!! And you guys are MIA. Oh well, I've not been so great lately either.

Guess what? I had a NSV!!! :carrot: I had regular periods two months in a row! That hasn't happened in a very long time. My weight creates havoc with my cycle and I don't want to go on the pill or take any other hormones to correct it. The exercise and weight loss are really helping.

I'm going roller skating tomorrow too! I can't wait cause I haven't been in a while. I'm going to a rink I've never visited from 2 - 4. Have any of you seen that episode of Friends when Phoebe and Rachel go jogging and Rachel is embarrassed by the way Phoebe jogs. Because Phoebe is running for fun the way a kid would? That's how I feel when I roller skate. I do it for fun and I don't care what it looks like. I can't believe I let so much time pass since I last went.

Seeyoualllaterbye!! :wave:

brat_61886
10-06-2006, 11:54 PM
hey ladies...well its been a while since i posted so i thought i would do a quickie tonight...well i have a new roommate...so much for living alone. she is really nice. she is kinda chubby but from that her boyfriend tells me, she isnt really committed to working out and eating right so we shall see. her bf is living here too...long story but i get along with him really well. we joke around a lot and he likes to go to the gym and he is thinking about joining golds so we will probably work out together. nothing really all that new. i had ice cream this week...it was really good lol. i had some after i had a migraine. well ladies i think i'm going to lay my butt down and read some and hopefully have a good nights rest. hope everything is going good for you guys and i'm going to try and catch up with everyone tomorrow.

miafluker
10-07-2006, 10:30 AM
morning everyone thanks Amanda the idea helps me out. wow skating sounds like fun i havent been since i was 12 i havent exercised today yet but im planning to get it in some day today well ill check back later have a great day everyone

Sugar-N-Spice
10-07-2006, 11:22 AM
Happy Saturday ladies! I hope everyone is planning on another great day. I had a pretty good day yesterday. Not perfect, but pretty good compared to how the rest of my week went. I ate beautifully all day up until dh decided that he wanted to go out for dinner. Rock Bottom. I absolutely love their burgers. YUM-O! So of course I had to have one, but I only ate half and didnt touch the fries and ordered a fruit bowl along with it. All in all, not too shabby, coulda been better, coulda been worse. I'll take it.

Mia, you've got wonderful ideas in place. I'm sure they will help you so much along the way. How soon before you guys move? Exciting times!!! Heck, I'm excited to be moving in March even if it's just around the corner!!! LOL I HATE living here, I HATE my neighbors. Bah!

Amanda, I hope you enjoy the skating today!!! Yanno, I sincerely hope the Tigers beat the living "carp" out of the Yankees. I do not like them AT ALL. Would serve them right to get knocked out in the first round. See? The little things please me so much! LOL I'm so thrilled that your periods seem to be regulating now. That is pretty exciting, especially when you know that all your hard work is the reason why. Good for you!

Britt, sounds like you got a coupla good roommates. Maybe with you & her b/f doing all this hard work, your other roommate will see how great you guys are looking and follow. Lead by example chicky!! Wouldn't it feel awesome to know that you got a friend losing weight & getting healthy because she admired all you were doing. Yeah!!! You can do it!

Everyone, have a fantastic OP day! Enjoy the sun (if you have it) and your families and remember those goals. You are worth every step towards good health and wellness! Never forget that!

toodles....

♥ danielle

Butterfly50
10-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Good Afternoon Ladies, Not too much going on here I have not been 100% on plan this weekend I have been so busy. It doesnt help that Aunt Flow should be comming here soon. Good News though Books A Million called and my books are in Hubby is picking them up for me while he is in town. I can't wait till he gets home. This has been so far a blah weekend. I have so much I need to do and then I jest dont want to do it. I have to get going I do have so much I need to do.

Amany
10-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Britt - Hey woman :wave: I'm glad you got a chance to duck in for a moment. Workout buddies can be good. I agree with Danielle that your roommate will probably get on the ball when she sees you and her bf going.

Mia - Hey lady. I hope you're having a great day.

Danielle - I would love it too if the Tigers beat the Yankees. They're up 2-1 in the series now. I'm afraid to hope though. Until they win a third game, I refuse to believe they can win. The funny thing is that I don't even care for professional baseball. I know enough to know I don't like the Yanks though :mad:. Except for Jeter. :D ;)

Hi Bonnie!! Glad your books are ready. Have a good weekend.

No skating today. I have cramps...

Sugar-N-Spice
10-07-2006, 03:35 PM
Ewwwwww Amanda what are you thinkin liking that Jeter guy!!! ;) He's got cooties! Nah, I dunno if he does or not, but I just don't like the guy--too whiney. Will be seriously rooting for the Tigers to win. Sports is a big thing in our house, especially play-off's. Super super bummed my Red Sox choked so badly this season. :( Oh well, next year, right? At least my football team is doing well, gives me a reason to live on the weekends. LOL

I'm sorry you didnt go skating today. Nasty nasty cramps! AF coming soon? I wish she'd just get the hint that none of us want her around! lol

Bonnie, I hear ya about so much to do. I look around and think, gee I should really be cleaning & straightning that, but frankly, I just don't wanna! LOL Enjoy your new books and make sure to share with us your knew knowledge!!!

Where is everyone today? Or ever for that matter!!! We miss you guys!

♥ danielle

Amany
10-07-2006, 07:38 PM
Ewwwwww Amanda what are you thinkin liking that Jeter guy!!! ;) He's got cooties!
:lol: :lol:

At least my football team is doing well, gives me a reason to live on the weekends.
Over here our Lions have not disappointed either. We expect them to lose and they do. All the time! In fact they have a perfect record at it this season. :)

We'll I'm going to try to convince myself to exercise in a few moments. Today has been the laziest of lazy days. I just woke up from a long nap with my husband. He's still asleep; so I guess I'll just enjoy the solitude for a moment.

BBL

Sugar-N-Spice
10-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Well, the Cardinals never disappoint to guarantee to lose, usually by some stupid play that costs the game. Which is why I don't watch them! I've watched the Colts for years now and they just keep getting better and better. GreenBay is a house favorite even tho' I'm thinkin it's probably time for Brett to hang up his QB crown.

At least you know that the Lions get at least their moment of glory every year where everyone has to watch them at least once a season - on Thanksgiving! LOL

Awwww, a nap with your hubby. I don't know what I would do if I ever had that sort of time with mine. lol He's always go go go. So glad you've had such a great day together. :)

Hun.e.B
10-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Please join us on our new thread for the week of October 8th!

Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95530

See you there!