PCOS/Insulin Resistance Support Support for us with any of the following: Insulin Resistance, Syndrome X, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, or other endocrine disorders.

Old 10-01-2006, 05:20 AM   #1  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Talking October Weightloss and TTC Support

Hi Ladies and Welcome to the October Weightloss and TTC Support!

Here we can discuss our "battles" with Weightloss and TTC with PCOS! Having PCOS is a constant uphill "battle" with your body to TRY to do what you WANT it to do! lol.

Together we can support each other through this! Feel free to post about your daily doings, weightloss, TTC, Meds, Questions, whatever you want............

I hope you will join us!!!!!!!!!

Everybody is Welcome!!!!!!!! Even if you do not have PCOS, if you are experiencing other TTC problems or have a family member or friend with PCOS, feel free to join us here.

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 07:51 AM   #2  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

S/C/G: 323/---/290

Height: 5"5

Hey sassy

This thread is such a good idea and a place to share your worrys and your sucsesses. I have my HSG on tuesday and im kinda s**ting myself a little bit as i have read all the info they give you but im still a bit scared and i also have to start taking those antibiotics tommorow too.

Teresa
treezuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:11 AM   #3  
~Believe~

Hey Teresa.

I understand being scared, and I won't lie to you, it was painful, but its not that long and your dr will be there with you, well at least mine was, not sure if every dr does it or not. You will be glad once its over and done with. Try not to worry too much. I know easier said than done. Just listen to whatever your dr and/or the radiology tech tells ya. I know everybody is different, but I know you will be fine.....But I do understand being nervous...........Hang in there............Our thoughts will be with you!!!!

Old 10-01-2006, 11:19 AM   #4  
fighting the sugar demon!

S/C/G: 281/263.9/190

Height: 5'8.5

Teresa: Good Luck on your HSG! May it be relatively pain free.

Sassy: Sassy, thanks for starting the new thread!

---------------------------------------------------------

Me, well, I have gone off the deep end again for awhile but hopefully I can get back on track and get moving towards my January 1st goal. I don't think I will make it now but I certainly can try.

I get to call the dr's office next week and schedule my dh's followup test and then call my ob/gyn and schedule my annual so that we can schedule the HSG after that.

Have a healthy week!
irisheyes213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 04:10 PM   #5  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Thanks for the words of suport irish & sassy i know ill be fine i just worry to much. Don't worry about falling off the wagon im sure everyone does at some point as long as you get right back on the wagon agian your be fine. Good luck with your appointments i hope you get some coming up real soon & let us know how u get on.

Teresa
Old 10-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #6  
~Believe~

Hi Ladies!

Well I had to call to reschedule my annual appt. for the gyn. that is tomorrow. My "monthly visitor" is here so can't go. I hope she doesn't stay too long, but I have a feeling she will be here for a while. Since she hasn't "come to visit" for a while.

We did here about this Fertility Center in our area that we are thinking about checking into. We have to check and see if our insurance will cover it first. But I guess they have everything in house there so you don't have to go elsewhere for labs, testing, etc.

Well I hope you all do well with your appts and testings!

Old 10-03-2006, 05:14 AM   #7  

S/C/G: See tracker

Height: 5'5"

Sassy, thanks for starting this post. I think its a great idea to have one done every month, and maybe get the ladies to set individual or group goals for that specific month, what do you think ladies?
JigglyBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #8  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Yeah i would be up for that jiggy.

I had my Hsg this morning the appointment was at 8.45am so i was up at 6am to have some breakie (didnt wanna throw up like yesterday) and then a nice relaxing shower , and went , it was a little uncomfy when the dye went in but it was over in secounds , the lady told me they dont give out the results till your follow up appointment , but she obviiouosly could tell i was ****ting myself and she looked at me and said everyhting looks fine , but she did say to me they dont like to go into detail incase they miss something ,but judging on how wuick it was i would say that was a good sign aswell cos had there been a blockage i would assume it would take a little longer but then i am just gonna wait till i get proper resutls before i chill about it , but at the moment im ok and i feel posative. I am now feeling like crap tho really crampy have been in bed since i got back till about 2pm and i just took some paracetamol so fingers crossed the pain eases soon,as i start rosemary conley tommorow and i dont fancy exercising with cramp lol but if im still bad ill miss aerobics.

Teresa
Old 10-03-2006, 06:11 PM   #9  
~Believe~

Hey Ladies.

Emma, great idea. Feel free to post whatever you like. My goal for this month is to do more exercise because I have been really lax in that dept. latley.

Teresa -- glad the HSG went well for you and I will be thinking good thoughts for you that your results turn out fine, which by what you said, it sounds like they should. Take care.

My drs office left a voice message stating they rescheduled my appt. to Oct. 24th @ 4 p.m., so lets hope Aunt Flo is gone by then!

Have a Great Evening Everybody!
Old 10-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #10  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

Hi ladies

I'm and PCOSer and also TTC. All natural TTC until I get get some weight off. I hope to lose about 35 pounds then getting back to my RE. I heard so many times how much weight plays a huge role in PCOS women. We will see...What is everyone doing for weight loss?
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 01:45 AM   #11  
~Believe~

Hello and to the thread, Losing4another!

Currently I am just trying to make healthier eating choices and exercise, which I need to get back on the wagon on. (exercise)

and we're glad your here!

Old 10-04-2006, 06:49 AM   #12  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

THANKS for the warm welcome. I need to get on that wagon as well. My daughter broke her elbow a week and a half ago. She had to have surgery and hasn't really been wanting to move much. I had been sitting around snacking with her She goes back to school today so no reason not to get some exercise in with the extra free time
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:41 AM   #13  
LOSE LOSE LOSE

Welcome losing4another . hey sassy

Good luck ot you both on your losses so far and future losses. I have just started weight classes today i had my weigh in which is also my starting weight 19st12lb // 126.1kg //278lbs . so i have lost 1lb from last weds weigh in.I also took part in the aerobics/salsacise class which was excellent i really enjoyed myself and was great ot be getting a workout. I hope this is helping my PCOS so much but one step at a time.

Take care all and have a great week.

Teresa
Old 10-04-2006, 06:53 PM   #14  
~Believe~

Hey all. Well I'm having a very hard time right now with AF here now and RAGING along with my hormones.........You all understand I'm sure...............

So anyways. Take care and I just wanted to pop in and let you know........

Old 10-05-2006, 01:36 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi all!

Can I join in here? I dont have PCOS, but am TTC while trying to lose weight. As of yet, I have not gotten period back since weaning Carter, so am on Vitex to try and bring her back (never thought I would want that!). We'll see.

Anyway, thought I would hop on in! Good luck!
plumptobump is offline   Reply With Quote