Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2001, 03:30 AM   #1  

Default Tuesday Again

Hi Everyone No no, I'm not up really early, I'm up really late! LOL I just haven't seemed to get around to getting to sleep yet. Thought I would stop by and say hello... since I'll probably sleep late tomorrow now.

I can't believe that it's already been a week since the attacks. Time seemed to stand still there for a quite a few days. All of last week blurred together. Sunday we were down in Brooklyn Heights and we went down to the promenade. From there you have the view across to Manhattan. It looks so completely different without the towers. Everyone was somber and even driving around, no horns or radios were blaring, everything was eerily silent, very unlike NY.

I'm still at my brother's in NYS outside of Albany and am hoping to head back home to NH tomorrow... have a few things that I need to do for my parents before I can go back and I really hope that I can finish everything. I just want to go back to my apartment and stay there for awhile. I need a break from traveling around.

Kierie... glad that you are back! We missed you.

Hope that everyone is having a good day. I'll check back later if I get a chance.
Old 09-18-2001, 10:38 AM   #2  
flibbertobbergenie!

Hi Shalyne, everyone!

It's a horrible, miserable, grey day here in Oxford when what we could really do with is some blue sky and sunshine. AND it's cold, so I have to get my winter wardrobe out again. But good news - I was down 3lbs at WI today so I'm back in virgin fat territory. Yippee They were handing out samples of a new product at WW as well - choccy mint flavoured crispy bars. YUM YUM!!!

Ok, just wanted to check in. Back later!
Lxxx
Old 09-18-2001, 10:52 AM   #3  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

Lolly... I am jealous, we never get free samples. I did win a box of the smoothies once tho. Did anyone hear about the new ice cream sandwiches they came out with. They look exactly like skinny cows. Haven't found then here yet!

Shalyne.... oh the days of staying up late. Haven't done that is eons! Emma and I had to snuggle last night because she was very crabby. Her 2nd big front tooth is breaking through. And she had some diarrhea because of that, so her bum was very sore. She is so funny. She was screaming bloody murder, but the second she lays in my bed with me, she instantly falls asleep. Try to move her.... WAHHHHHHHHHHHH WAHHHHHHHH. So she slept with us last night... kicking and poking the whole night. That little thing is a bed hog. I am very exausted yet again. How did I survive on this little sleep in college???

Ohhhh pooor pooor pitiful me. I am going to workout again today. LOLLY, it is very gloomy here too. It rained all day yesterday, now today it is dark and gray. And COLD!

I get my hair cut tonight too, but don't feel like it... I just want a bed!

Have a great day all!
Old 09-18-2001, 11:03 AM   #4  

Good morning!

Lolly ~ Way to go on the 3#!!!! That is awesome!!

Jen ~ We are too old to stay up til 2:30 a.m., children make us old (hee, hee, hee....) I had two in my bed last night....

Shalyne ~ I can't imagine what it is like living in the NY area. I am stunned here in Wisconsin, it must be devistating where you are at.

Well, second day of OP. Yesterday I ate well, at the high end of points, and walked 40 min/2.3 miles on my treadmill, but before I could get walking I made dinner, vacuumed, bathed the kids, picked up the house, washed a load of laundry and washed dishes. Man, you would think that taking care of children, a DH and a house would make you really skinny with all the running around you do!!!! Many nights I feel guilty falling asleep in the chair around 9 p.m., but then I think, I work full time, and manage a household with two children, I should be tired!!!!!!

I am walking at noon at the gym today, and still walking tonight on my treadmill. I am doing well with points this morning, and am planning on making stir fry for dinner. So, that's good. I also am doing well on the water, which I really think is key. I had 70 oz. yesterday, and I am cutting out all soda. It is really fattening, and easy to get hooked on.

Well, I have written a book! I hope everyone is well and staying OP. I am taking Thursday afternoon off with my mom and we are going to see my cousin who just had a baby boy. It gives me the baby itches....I love newborn babies....

TTYL!!
Old 09-18-2001, 11:16 AM   #5  
Eve's Mom

Default Tuesday mornin'

Hello fellow WWee's! How art thou?

Shay - how can you stay up so late girl? i can't do that, of course, I can't sleep in either. Today I slept until 6:30, big sleep in for me!!

Lolly - woo hoo on your 3lbs down, congrats!! Your gain was only 2 weeks long, well done!! Holy smokes!! You must be beaming today (in spite of the gloomy weather. Adn we don't get freebees either, or weeks without WI and not paying!!

Jen - ahh...that is cute that she likes to sleep with Mommy!! The reason we could go with such little sleep in post secondary is the lack of responsibility I think, we had jobs, and school, no "other" responsibility...Ah, those were teh good old days!

Tonya - I am a pop junkie! Diet of course, but nonetheless, I love it. The aspertame isn't good for you either I think! Drat....2 kids in bed last night? Ykes, I have trouble with 2 dogs!

Kier - happy to hear you are enjoying Ireland! I love it, I'll email you later....

Well, its going up to 24C here today, really warm and nice. I have a brutal head cold but I think I'll paint pottery and run tonite anyway. After al,l if I can work, I can play...right? I'll just pop some NyQuil and sleep like a baby tonite (like Emma with her Mom).

Was OP yesterday, but I felt really full after I ate. Plus, I was in bed at 8pm last night with b/f. He wasn't sick, buthe likes to go to bed early. And today he was all full of energy and bouncing off the walls. BOOH!!

Better get some work done!!

Belle
Old 09-18-2001, 11:42 AM   #6  
Proud Canadian

Good Morning ladies!
Well, I think I'm finally caught up on sleep. I've had two nights of rock solid sleep. I was up at 5:30 when my body decided I was caught up, but I managed to convince it to sleep for another hour before getting up for good.
I have a need - I'll check on the recipie thread but maybe one of you knows - How do I replace fat in baking? The reason being, I adore zuchini loaf but the recipie has a full cup of oil in it - BAD! I bought some applesauce but I don't know if that alone will be a good substitute. If anyone has any tips let me know.
Rain here today for the first time in about a week and a half - here comes the fall...

Belle - way to keep running - maybe it will scare your cold away.

Tonya - just reading what your day is like makes me tired! I'm so not ready to grow up.

Jen - Hope the teething goes better tonight

Lolly - 3# - YAY!

Shalyne - hope you slept well.

Hello to all future posters - Later
KT
Old 09-18-2001, 12:07 PM   #7  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Pretty Sunny and Cold

Hey Girls today was my first taste of lectures OMG
I will never ever ever complain about an American university again! EVER!
They basically leave you totally on your own and at their mercy!
on the eating front Not much is going into my mouth lol i'm back in school mode
yesterday I had a cup of tea with milk and sugar a scone a pack of crackers 2 plain and a curry rice thing you pour hot water into and another cup of tea today i had tea scone no butter crackers and a banana even tho its almost 5 i have no idea about dinner i'm trying to finish up some last minute work before edu **** descends.
I still havent found a ww meeting here UGH!
but things are getting better my classes in celtic civ look interesting and i get to pick english ones this week
In re to staying up late I cant do it much either or at least with the quality i once had i hit the hay at 1:15 and ppl were still partying outside sheeesh
on the flipside my roomate who mind you has a broomhandle protruding from her posterior goes to bed at 10:30 shes a clean freak its frightening
eh it will all work out i'm sure.
Gonna toddle for a bit I should BBL
Love
Kier
Old 09-18-2001, 12:19 PM   #8  

KT, I have made zucchine bread with applesauce before and it turns out fine. Cookies, on the other hand, turn out cakey. I usually put in a little oil tho, for the texture. If I was making your recipe, I would probably put in 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup applesauce. If I was in a bad eating mood and needed to be low points, I may even put in 1/4 cup oil to 3/4 applesauce. Figure the points and then do what you think is best. Also, I have heard you should use the unsweetened applesauce. That is usually what I have because of Emma. Oh and you can buy this stuff called Lighter Bake (or something like that) that is supposed to be an oil substitute, but I have never tried that.

KO, Oh the joys of school. Are you classes in English, or do you have to translate?? I am thinking of maybe going back to school for my masters, but have decided that Paul needs to go before me. So I'll wait. Or I may just take some fun classes just because. Has anyone tried the on-line schools??
Old 09-18-2001, 12:23 PM   #9  

Talking

Kierie ~

You crack me up girl!! Sorry to hear about the roomie!!
Old 09-18-2001, 12:56 PM   #10  
Eve's Mom

Kier, maybe you can coax the pole out of her @ss?? Hee hee hee, you make me laugh....but you should eat more girl - are you eating your points? Kier for a list of places in Dublin, go to this site:

http://weightwatchers.ie/dublinlist.asp

I miss dublin!! I have heard thier classes are way diff then ours....oh well! Hang in there - so b/f is there with you?? Wow, is that for the whole term or only visiting??

KT I have made muffins with apple sauce as well, it works out but it is a bit different - try it, its a good substitute.

Hi Ho, off to work!

Belle
Old 09-18-2001, 01:04 PM   #11  

Hi eveyrone! I was so OP yesterday. I ate 27 points, 7 of which were ice cream, brownie, cookie and caramel suace. I mad a sundae with my leftover points!! It was great. I also ate the tamale pie I made on Sunday night. Pretty good and only 5 points. I was producit ve last night too. did laundry, pulled wood railing out of planters (ugly planters !) & returned a video. I want to go buy some mums for my planters, I love the Fall!!!

Tonya - Babies in bed, how cute. Youa re doing great with walking and on points. Keep it up!

Jen- I hope Emma stops teething soon so that you can get some sleep!

Kierie - Good luck with classes. You are doing a great job on food!

Lolly - WOOHOO! Congrats on the 3 pounds and virgin fat territory!!

KT - I am glad htta you are caught up on sleep. I hope you feel rested eventhough you work up so early!

Belle - I hope you are not getting sick! The weaterh is great, enjoy it!!!

Shaylene - Have a safe trip home.

I am going to heat up leftover tamale pie for lunch now. TTYL

Sarah
Old 09-18-2001, 01:06 PM   #12  
Proud Canadian

Thanks for the advice Jen - I'll try it tonight.

Kier - Wow I'm glad I'm done school.
Later
KT
Old 09-18-2001, 01:41 PM   #13  

Default Hi All!

Hello everyone-I had an absolutely crazy weekend on call...I was basically existing on 7 hours of sleep for three whole days...had two babies deliver, one of which was very sick and ended up in the neonatal ICU on a respirator...luckily was doing better by the end of the weekend....but it was stressful for me as the doc...
DF was awesome tho-I had a meltdown on sat afternoon and he came to my apt, let himself in and left a bouquet of wildflowers and a sweet card! i knew I was doing something right in marrying him!
just got an email from my friend who was honeymooning in italy last week-she was supposed to come back wednesday-she spent 5 days in the airport in italy! But she is back..
Lolly, congrats on the weight loss!
jen-i feel your pain in the lack of sleep arena
Hello to Brenda, Belle, Kierie, Tonya and everyone else!Lori
Old 09-18-2001, 01:51 PM   #14  

Jen... I'm taking classes thru two online programs right now. I love the online setup. It is so much better than regular classes. I'm much more motivated b/c it keeps me organized and on track. What kind of classes are you interested in?
Old 09-18-2001, 02:02 PM   #15  

Shalyne, not sure what type of classes I would take on-line. If I went for my Masters, I would get it in business. I just loved learning and miss being in school. I don't miss the stress and all the classes, I miss the learning. What classes are you taking and from what on-line university?? Thanks for the info!
Closed Thread