South Beach Diet - I'm Married!

View Full Version : I'm Married!

jenne1017
09-30-2006, 01:12 PM
Hi Girls!

I know it's been a while but I think of you often. Some news: had emergency gall bladder removal surgery end of July -- waaaaayyyyy tooooo close to the wedding for my taste! I am pretty much all healed and was for MY WEDDING! Yup, Nicole and I tied the knot on September 9, 2006. Pictures below! More can be found here (http://flickr.com/photos/jenniam/sets).

I haven't forgotten you all and have been reading up (and will continue to do so). South Beach, as you may have guessed, and I are not friends so I am going to be trying the Fat Smash diet. With no more wedding pressure (I did make it back down below 200 for the wedding), my Dec. 31st goal is 189...Nicole is coming with me on this journey -- while I have a lot more to lose, she is looking to lose 10 pounds and so, here we are again.

I also attached a picture of me the day after the wedding - why white is a wedding color I will never know -- as I look 20 pounds heavier in it!

Good luck everyone and keep in touch, ok???

Jenn
:carrot:

yawaii29
09-30-2006, 01:48 PM
Congrats on your wedding!!!:carrot:

jenne1017
09-30-2006, 02:03 PM
thank you!

:D

nibs
09-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Congrats on the wedding and you both looked beautiful.

jenne1017
09-30-2006, 02:14 PM
thank you nibs!

susanb1960
09-30-2006, 04:56 PM
Congratulations!! Lovely pictures and you both make beautiful brides. I agree about the white though...unless the official color is changed to black...I guess I'm not getting hitched to my girl until then!!

Thanks for sharing!

lilybelle
09-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Congratulations on your wedding, you both look beautiful and very happy.

jenne1017
09-30-2006, 09:25 PM
thanks lily and susan!!!

Ruthxxx
10-01-2006, 09:43 AM
Gorgeous pictures! You are both very happy looking and beautiful. Where was the wedding? It looks like a great place.

jenne1017
10-01-2006, 11:29 AM
HI RUTH!!!

It was in Maine at Ft. Williams Park. The lighthouse is Portland HeadLight. It made for a beautiful (read free!) ceremony spot and meant a lot to Nicole! Hope all is well with you!!!
:carrot:

cottagebythesea
10-01-2006, 12:25 PM
Congratulations and Best Wishes to you and Nicole, Jenne! Your wedding photos are beautiful, and what a lovely place to have your wedding. Thanks for sharing.

Sheba's Mom
10-01-2006, 11:45 PM
Jenn congrats on your wedding. You both looked wonderful and so very happy. Many happy years together!!!

Schatzi
10-02-2006, 07:49 AM
Congrats Jenn and Nicole! :hug: You and HB look so happy together! Looks like you have a picture perfect day! Wishing you 100 years of bliss XXOO!

jenne1017
10-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Thanks to you all!!! The day WAS perfect, especially for Miane weather (80 degrees and sunny!) in September. There were little things here and there that crept in but doesn't it always (cake/meals not boxed, etc)

Thanks again girls!

Barb0522
10-02-2006, 02:02 PM
Jenn - You both looked beautiful! I wore pale blue for my last wedding and it looked much better on me than when I wore white for my previous ones. It's good to hear from you. It's been a long time.

jenne1017
10-02-2006, 02:06 PM
It's good to hear from you. It's been a long time.

TOO long! I popped in every now and then but never commented. I wanted to check on everyone to see that you were all kickin' as usual! :)

beachgal
10-02-2006, 02:32 PM
http://parentsofbpkids.freeservers.com/Words/congratulations204.gif

Jenn, I'm SO thrilled for you!!!!!!!! You two look gorgeous, and blissfully happy, and the setting looks perfect! Would love to hear all the details, if you still feel like sharing (you may be tired of telling the stories by now! ;) ). You can PM me, if you want. :D

So glad you are feeling better after the surgery...how scary! :hug: Do you have to be on a different diet?

Hope you still post in here even if you aren't doing SBD...you know tons about it and can help lots of us...plus I'd miss you! :D

jenne1017
10-02-2006, 03:13 PM
Hi Laurie (I Pm'd you a while back but you never responded!)!!!! I miss you too!

our wedding website is http://jennandnicole.com...I can go on and on about the wedding so what do you want to know :)

No, the day I got out of surgery, I was able to eat whatever I wanted. Which wasn't much! No restrictions though...it was good for my pre-wedding weight (I gained 15 pounds IN the hospital for the week I was there because of the IV and not eating/drinking anything because of the tests) but lost 20 the 2nd day I was home (I went to the bathroom a lot). My stomach capacity shrunk a lot -- that is, until the wedding week! LOL

I am ok with being this heavy in our pictures. Because in our honeymoon pictures (next year sometime), I'll be svelter :) Hope all is ok with you!

beachgal
10-04-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm sorry if I didn't respond! :( I sometimes get behind on them...but you are often in my thoughts! :)

Can't wait to check out the website...was there earlier this summer, but it was before the wedding. Haven't been back since, silly me! :duh:

I think you look gorgeous in your pictures, but I know that I feel so good looking at my wedding pics and knowing that I'm much smaller now. My friend Mel, who also dropped a lot of weight since getting married, and I both are proud to say that we can't fit into our wedding dresses...because they're too big! ;) Still, you both look absolutely stunning! I'm in love with your hairstyle in the pic of you two dancing...wow! :love: You both just look so happy, and I think that makes anyone look amazing, eh? :D

So glad that you don't have to be on a special diet. I've heard of people being on fat-restricted diets after gall bladder surgery. Shudder! It's hard to be good anyways, but it would be really hard to be low fat for life...at least for me, it would. ;) I'm amazed at how much you gained and lost...that IV fluid sure does a number on your body, eh? :faint: I'm SO glad you're okay!!! :hug:

jenne1017
10-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Thanks Laurie-

Yeah - I was shocked too but the doc said, as soon as I came out of surgery that I was a-ok to eat whatever. I get acid now though and I've never had heartburn before. So that's yucky. But since going on FSD, I haven't had any which is good!

My cholesterol is really low so maybe that's why. MY scars still hurt but other than that, I am in good shape. Now my feet are a different story. It was surgery or orthotics -- $500 v. thousands so I went with the orthotics but I am still not there and it hurts to exercise. But I trudge along.

Hope you are doing well. You are weight wise, you've been amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!