Old 09-29-2006, 08:48 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 262/259.2/160

Height: 5'6

Question Step Class anyone?

So I went out and bought myself some new workout clothes since my old ones were pretty grubby and gettin a little big. Ok so me and one of my friends just started taking a step class. Its an hour long every thursday morning for 10wks. I had never taken a step class before but I have to give myself credit as I kept up pretty good and the instructor said I did great. Kinda nice that it's a small class of only 5 so that way it's a little more personal and you get more attention from the instructor.
Anyways we do about 1/2 hr. of step, and then 10min. of cardio without step, then 10min. of weights, and then 10min. of abs and then cooldown. It was awesome but holy crap are my stomach muscles sore today. The abs part was the hardest part for me since my stomach is my big trouble spot.
But I was wondering has anyone taken and or currently taking a Step class and have you seen any results from it? Id love to hear from you if you have.
kl_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 09:50 AM   #2  

I've never been to a step class but it sounds fun! I don't think you have to worry about not seeing results if you keep up with it... from what I hear it's pretty intense. Find something you love and go for it. It's great that it's a small class, that way the instructor can make sure you're doing everything okay and not hurting yourself!
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #3  

I Love My My Step Class. I Started It When After I Had My Son To See If That Kind Of Cardio Would Jump Start Weight Loss. Lost 70 Pounds In One Year Doing The The Calss Called 30/30 Four Times A Week And Proper Diet. 30/30 Is 30 Minutes Step And 30 Weights.
flabbychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 12:35 PM   #4  
corner action

I took a step class at the gym, it was awesome. Its lots of fun and it really makes a difference.
corneraction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #5  

Love step class... it kicks my butt by the end of it, but that way i know i'm actually working something!
Linds81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 12:26 AM   #6  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

I love step class too. Try to attend at least one per week at my school gym. I always get lost once the patterns get more intricate, but whatever!

Can't say about results, I've only been to two or so after nearly 13 months' long break. But it's fun, and you get a workout without really knowing you're working out.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 05:07 PM   #7  
On the beach

S/C/G: 155/148/125

Height: 5' 0"

Oh! I haven't, but that sounds like a good workout! I'm going to try one after I get better at my cardio! (I probably couldn't keep up yet!)
newarmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 12:29 PM   #8  
Goodbye Fat!

I love step classes. I am so disappointed that my new gym does not offer them. My calf muscles hurt so much at first, but then it eventually went away. My legs became really toned.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:48 PM   #9  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Step is awesome and a great way to break the same old workout routine. I really enjoy step and its a HARD work out!!
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 02:08 PM   #10  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

I've only taken one (I'm more of a kickboxing girl) and I liked it. I think I would have gone back if they instructor played different music. I know that sounds stupid, but I can't stand an hour of the crazy techno/country stuff she played.
I think the class itself is a great workout though.
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote