Support Groups - What kind of Floozie are you? (#95)

4myloves
09-29-2006, 03:36 PM
:welcome:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies losing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies. Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

:hug:

4myloves
09-29-2006, 03:43 PM
Ok, I'll admit it, I consider myself an "oldie" at the Floozie forum. I actually think that's a good thing, though sad at times--I've seen a lot of great ladies come, contribute for awhile and then (it seems) fall off the face of the earth.

I really do worry about my "lost" Floozies, like

Jennelle
Vicki
Carol
Doni
Ramona (but I noticed you dropped in while I was on my hiatus--great to see you!!!!!!!)
Debbie
Sherry
Wanda

Whatever HAPPENED to you guys? Do you lurk? Are you still alive? I MISS YOU!!!!!!!!

Deelite
09-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Cheryl interesting poll. Your awesome!
Me too I consider myself an oldie. I often wonder about our long lost friends too.

gdeann
09-29-2006, 09:38 PM
I'm an ANCIENT FLOOZIE! One of the originals! The group started out as Sherry in TN and then revolved into the Floozies. One of the original members was Terry Lee, she was a total blast! Last I was aware of, she was selling jewelry on ebay. I'm thinking Shelley joined shortly after all of us grouped up??? Maybe 6 months to a year into it? I joined shortly after having Allison in 1998, I believe the first part of 1999!!! WOW! We should have a REUNION! LOL! For the newbies, I have lost weight, been down to 5 pounds within goal, only to get cocky and gain all back plus more. It has been a struggle and getting harder every year as I age and complications arise.

Prayers for your aunt, Suzie! KEEP US UPDATED!

gdeann
09-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Cheryl, forgot to mention, AWESOME THREAD! You are not a "newbie" by any means! I love you just as much as if you were an original to the group! Goes for Dee & Shelley too!!!
Newbies....I'll grow on you one of these days....

Lynneye
09-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Suzy, prayers are being said for Aunt Hazel. Also so glad you were able to chat with Travis.

Can't believe another week gone. I am so busy now, with school, I need a secretary! Never felt like this before. I am tired of correcting quizzes and writing new ones. But happy to say, the bathroom is coming, looks better every day. Can't wait to have all the construction done here!

What is everyone up to this weekend? Any plans?

vouge09
09-30-2006, 02:17 AM
Yall' know im a newbie.

Dee- Thanks , between the cake, doing stupid party favor thingys with the almods, all the dress fittings , shopping today was crazy enough we had to put grocerys on top of me in our izuzu rodeo, its been a wild ride, and its not even my wedding its my sisters, strangkley cause shes 6 months preggers pepole assume im the one getting married !!!!! ahaha I look and act so much older than my age, !!!!!

the bacherletttes party lets just say was " speacial" .

My uncle who is filthy rich was a sweetie and treated me m mysister , and my mom to mani- pedi's which was such a relife and relax. I had an hour before the party to run out and get a gift for my sissy luckely I found the most perfect sexiest lengiire for her. white lace . perfect. on sale for 10.00 from 70.00. !!!! Imgaine vouges eyes popping out of her head at the register!!!!

all in all I cant wait for tomorow.

ShelleyM
09-30-2006, 11:35 AM
Count me in as an "oldie!" I really miss the other oldies!! I do love the newbies also!

Suzy-Prayers to your Aunt Hazel and Travis.

Going to get my hair colored, so I just wanted to post quickly before I leave. I'll start a new Oct exercise thread later. I hope to see all of you over there!!

SuzyMc
09-30-2006, 01:11 PM
I've been with the Floozies for about a year now, so I guess I'm somewhere in the middle of oldie and newbie, but I'm definitely a FLOOZIE! :lol:

Thank you all for the prayers for Aunt Hazel. They have discovered that she is having an irregular heartbeat and have started her on coumadin to prevent clots from forming, but I'm not quite sure what they are going to do about the irregular heartbeat. I guess for now they are just going to observe her and see if it straightens out on its own once they get her meds regulated.

Vogue ~ Best wishes to your sister and her husband-to-be today! I hope they have a wonderful wedding and life together.

1oldbutterball
09-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi All,

Well I am home from my daughter Deirdre's and I know why God makes young mothers, I love her and the kids, (even my son-in-law is great) but enough is enough. I live in a ranch because I hate stairs and that is all they have, stairs and more stairs. The only good thing was I got to hold and love on little Dillon as much as I wanted. He is really a great baby, goes to bed at 10 -11 pm and wakes about 3-4 to nurse then sleeps til almost 7 every morning. His brother and sisters love him to pieces.

The good news is all those steps and all the running with the kids helped me to make my 10 lb goal for September. I have been missing my WW meetings for 2 weeks so I went out to breakfast with some friends and went and weighted in at the Saturday 11 am group. I was happy to see that I am now down 20 lbs since Aug 1st. I also have been smoke free since the 26th and only had one that day. It is getting a little easier but I still am glad I got my doctor to write a script for this new medication for people trying to quit smoking. It really works. It just came out in Aug and blocks the need. It's been a life saver for me.

Suzy _ Glad your Aunt is doing better, I will add her to my prayer list.

Vouge - Hope your sister's wedding is everything she hoped it would be. Hope you have a good time and that you remember tomorrow is another day, so you will be on program Sunday.

Lynneye - Glad the bathroom is almost done, as I know you are. How's your daughter and her roommate doing? Any better?

Cheryl - Great poll !!! I am as you all know a neewbie, and will be for some time, but I think it's a great group and I am glad to be apart of it.

Well I am off to do some housework since I have been gone more then I've been here. I will try to upload a picture of Dillon, if I have the brains to do it right.
Monica

gdeann
09-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Suzy, glad Aunt Hazel is doing better. Does she have sleep apnea? Seems like that runs along with irregular rythm. The docs put my mom on Coreg for her irregular heart beat. I hope all contiues to go well for her....Prayers sent.

Monica, CONGRATS on the weight loss! YES! Post a pic of baby Dillon when you can, we would love to see it!

Vouge, Have fun at the wedding! It sounds like you are going to be very pretty all dressed up with hair and nails done! What a bargain you found on her gift!

Shelley, how did you ever come about finding us? I can't remember....seems like you & Dee joined within just a few months of each other. I often wonder how Doni is such she had so many things going on. What color do you color your hair?

Deb, I bet you will be so relieved when your construction work is done!

Worked this morning, now home, trying to find a good casserole recipe on the net for breakfast in the AM to take to my MIL's.

gdeann
09-30-2006, 04:33 PM
BUTTERS, CONGRATS ON 4 DAYS SMOKE FREE!
YOU CAN DO IT!

:bravo:

ShelleyM
09-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Yay, Monica! 20 lbs is fantastic.

Gayle-I can't remember how I found the Floozies. I guess it's been about 5 years now maybe? I think I just liked the name and jumped on in. I sure do miss Doni, Jennelle, Debbi, Vicki, Sherry, and Carol. I do worry especially about Doni. Have you seen her posting on any other boards here?

Deelite
09-30-2006, 08:25 PM
I guess I am an oldie but of course not as old as Gayle.....lol
I don't even remember how I came about to this board. I think that I could see that there was so much support and caring that I wanted to be a part of it.

Vouge I hope that the weather is good and that you and your sister are having a wonderful day.

Monica wow 20 pounds. That is a big sack of potatoes. You are doing wonderful. Great going on not smoking.
I can't wait to see a pic of your little one.

Hey Shelley I think I have a chance of going to Florida at the end of November. I said to Larry that I would love to see if we can get together. If I go I will be in Orlando for a week. Maybe we can meet half way. I would have to take a bus though. I would hate to be so close yet so far from you.

Gayle what are you up to this weekend? It is a beautiful fall day here. It feels like the end of August.

Suzy I hope that your Aunt will soon be out of the hospital. It sure is stressful when a love one is sick.

Cheryl I can see by your posts that you are still down on yourself. I know that you try your hardest at everything that you do. That is all that you can give and you do a wonderful job. Be positive and love yourself. In order to be loved you need to love yourself.

Lyneye I sure know what renos are like. We are just doing the finishing touches this weekend on the gardern room. It is rewarding but messy.

Time to get that spegetti on the table. Hope you all enjoy your weekend.

ShelleyM
10-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Dee-I'll come to you!! I would love to meet you in person!!!

backtome
10-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Hello!

I am a newbie, and I have found a great group......I hope you will have me!

My story is probably a familiar one, I was skinny got pregnant smoked a lot lost the weight. I was skinny again, got pregnant quit smoking gained a lot of weight lost none of it. I joined a gym, lost some of the weight got pregnant quit the gym gained alot of weight. Got pregnant again, lost the baby in the 2nd trimester, gained more weight started smoking again. Adopted our son, built a house, stopped smoking gained more weight, and here I am lol!

So, I am joining the Y on Monday. I might join WW with a friend (it depends on the cost). In the meantime, I have been cutting out white flour and making small changes in my life. I am ready for a big change. But I need help! It can be so easy for me to lose the big picture and see only the cookie in front of me. Plus I eat to soothe myself. I have a lot of bad habits to change:dizzy: but reading your successes has made me realize it can be done!

Nancy

Deelite
10-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Shelley that would be so awesome to see you. I will let you know when the plans develop.

Nancy welcome to our group. We will be here for you. Some of us our maintaining while others are losing. The most important thing is we have become great friends. The weekend can be a bit slow but it will pick up during the week. I am on ww's. I found that is the only thing that worked for me. It sounds like you know where your down falls are so now to make a plan and start working on them.

gdeann
10-01-2006, 12:59 PM
WELCOME NANCY! Feel free to post away! We have a recent non-smoker on the board here too...butterball/Monica....I think she is on day 5 or 6.

DEE & SHELLEY: I am going to be so, so jealous if the two of you get together!!!! We'll need to arrange a conference type call, so we can all chat! PLUS, I WANT PICTURES!

ShelleyM
10-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Welcome, Nancy!

Vicki
10-01-2006, 03:46 PM
I am an oldie but not so goodie b/c i haven't been here for ages.
Sherry and Terry,Wanda and I were one of the originals of the group and then little Miss Gayle came along and all the rest just followed us Floozies.

I have to admit I have been terrible about getting on here and checking with everyone. Some friend I am....Maybe since i have been gone so long nobody knows who i am.

I live in Kentucky and i am getting ready to move out of my house that hubby and i, and child have lived in for over 30 yrs. We are moving into a condo which is actually larger than the home i have ...go figure .

What have i been up to lately is nada except that we decided to move b/c of the neighborhood is changing drasticially. We have renters on each side of us and both sides have had the police over at their house more than i have in the years we have lived here. The house across the street is a rental also and 2 weeks ago i had this crazy renter come over and verbally assault me and i have never met her before and don't want to. Someone had turned her into Child P.Services and she thinks it was me. Which i thought about it but never acted on it. They gave her a criminal warning not to come over again. But her mother came over last Thursday and wanted to borrow a cup of ice and i wouldn't answer the door b/c of my kids i watch during the day. So they also gave her a criminal warning. So this is what i have been doing and dealing with all summer.

I promise to be around more and for those that are new WELCOME and GLAD your here and hope to get to know all of you.

Hi my friends i haven't talked to forever.

Be Safe and Healthy..

Vicki

gdeann
10-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Vickster? Vickster? Is it really you???? MY GOSH! Where the heck have you been??? Moving? Away from MIL???? You gotta be joking! How could you ever stand to have distance between the two of you??? LOL!
How is daughter doing? Does she still have the same boyfriend?
MISSED YOU!

Lynneye
10-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Welcome Nancy!! I am also on WW and it really is good for me, (when I follow the program, but that is another story!). I joined with a good friend and we do help each other out with recipes and ideas.

I spent today, cooking! Please don't faint, but yes, I did cook all afternoon. I have some healthy and delicious chicken soup ready to go, also made lasagne, with whole wheat noodles and fat free cheeses and that is going in the oven soon for dinner. Will have leftovers and stuff for the week, when it gest so busy here, I don't have time to think. Also made some choc. pudding for snacks. (Again, fat free and sugar free).

Hope every one has a great week! It is supposed to be beautiful here in the Northeast. I am ready for some nice cool, sunny days.

alinnell
10-01-2006, 08:42 PM
Welcome Nancy! I know you can do this weight loss thing--just take a look at my ticker!!! And yes, I too am an ex smoker and I've done this weight loss thing before! Best of luck.

I'm one of those newbies who has found a great group. I probably only joined in here a few weeks ago, but everyone made me feel so welcome.

I haven't had a great weekend so far.....lunch on Friday with DH ended quite abruptly when his lip started bleeding (long story). We got back to the office and it took a couple of hours to get the darn thing to stop bleeding. Friday night I went to a party and ate and drank a little more than I should have. Saturday I went to an all day meeting in San Diego. Lunch was good (cobb salad) but the dessert was too decadent (chocolate lava cake with ice cream). Needless to say, I ate the whole thing!!!! Too tired to cook when I got home, so I called Domino's. Lunch (after taking DH to urgent care to stop the bleeding once again!) was leftover pizza. Then, I go to the grocery store and bought a candy bar! What was I thinking???? I think the scale will show a gain tomorrow....I've got to get back on the wagon....only 2 weeks til in-laws return....and only 6 weeks (or is it 7) until Thanksgiving when I want to be AT GOAL!!!!!

Hope everyone else had a better weekend than I did....I didn't even get my Sunday walk it because of DH's bleeding lip. (I didn't want to walk alone--even if the dogs were going to go too.)

ShelleyM
10-02-2006, 07:09 AM
Vicki!! I think of you often. Especially when I think of my DD at USF, knowing that your family lives near her. I am so happy you are back.

Anyone heard of the Fat Smasher Diet? I notice there is a board here and I watched Celebrity Fit Club yesterday. I am wondering if it is kind of like WW Core. Anyway, I just ordered the book.

Today is Yom Kippur. I will be at synagogue until 1, then go for my Dexascan.

gdeann
10-02-2006, 09:13 AM
No Fat Smasher knowledge here Shelley! I will need to go look it up. Have a nice morning off of work and good luck with the test this afternoon. I will be thinking of you.

Deb, I'm coming to your house for meals! Sounds delish!

Allison, I hope hubby is better! Is it as weird of a story as me slicing my ear open?? LOL! I hope eating goes better for you ths week too.

gdeann
10-02-2006, 09:17 AM
Shelley, are you off of work today because of Yom Kippur and the test? Just thought of that one...I'm slow... as you well know! Have a nice religious holiday sweetie.

ShelleyM
10-02-2006, 09:27 AM
Gayle-Actually our whole school District if off for Yom Kippur, except for 12 mos. workers. I was able to take off because it's my holiday. Tomorrow is an in service day, the kids are out, but we all work. Thanks for asking.

gdeann
10-02-2006, 03:34 PM
Shelley, the plan does sound alot like core other then your not allowed the extra points. Let me know what you think after you read the book. Sounds like people are having great success with it!

Suzy, hope Aunt Hazel is recovering ok...

alinnell
10-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Gayle, no the story isn't interesting at all really. DH used to race cars for fun (until he found out how much money it cost!!). Once, a rock or something came in the window and hit his lip while he was driving. It bled a little, but since then, it bleeds at least once a year. This time, it started bleeding while we were eating lunch and it took 2 hours to stop! It did it again that night, twice Saturday and twice Sunday morning. He decided to go to urgent care on Sunday and the doctor said it is an hemangioma and it needs to be lasered to get rid of it or it will keep doing this from time to time. We just got back from the dermotologist who can't really do much now until it has healed.

Meanwhile, eating is back on track so far for the day.....still craving that candy, though! Got.to.stay.away.!

SuzyMc
10-02-2006, 11:29 PM
Just a quick note to bring you all up to date on what is going on here...

Aunt Hazel's heart went back into A-fib last night, so this morning her doctor decided that she needed to be transferred by ambulance to another hospital (an hour away) to see a cardiologist. Tomorrow they are going to do the procedure to put her heart back into a normal rhythm again and then Wednesday they will put in a pacemaker. She should be able to go home Thursday or Friday if all goes well. The pacemaker should take care of the A-fib which will in turn will make it possible to treat her BP with medications, but while she was here in our local hospital they discovered that she had a very low blood count. She had two units of blood on Saturday which brought her count up to 12 from 7. The cardiologist didn't have an explanation for the low blood count, so that is something that is going to have to be investigated further. One thing at a time and one day at a time for now though. I won't be around much this week with all the trips back and forth to the hospital and then helping her once she is home, but I'll keep you posted best I can...

coles
10-03-2006, 07:11 AM
[/URL] Suzy - My prayers are with you and Aunt Hazel. It sounds like things are going good.
Vicki - It was so nice to finally hear from you. Hope you stick around.
WELCOME NANCY !! [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_36.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb096&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb096_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7924)

ShelleyM
10-03-2006, 07:15 AM
Suzy-I am Still praying for your aunt.

vouge09
10-03-2006, 07:37 AM
IM BAACCKKK!!!!!!!! On the diet wagon that is, Yesterday was nice to be gettin skinny again . The wedding was fabulous the cake was amazing . but i gtg xoxo

gdeann
10-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Glad you had a nice time, enjoyed the cake and now your back on the wagon vouge! I bet it was a lovely wedding!

Janice, NICE TO SEE YOU!

Suzy, Aunt Hazel and your family is in my prayers. Let us know how she is doing when you can. She sounds like a strong woman, so hopefully she will bounce right back! I have been through the role of a caregiver and it is exhausting. Try to take a minute or two for yourself too...ok sweetie?

Off to work today!! I am on day 3 or 4 wine free!!!

alinnell
10-03-2006, 12:11 PM
Prayers for Aunt Hazel. Sounds a lot like my Mom. She's recuperating from a heart valve replacement, and will soon get a pacemaker. Her blood pressure is extremely low, yet they keep her on BP meds so she can heal from the surgery. She had to have several pints of blood during her hospital stay, but no one could say why--she didn't lose much during surgery--it was days after the surgery.

Gayle--congrats on 4 days wineless!!! I've been craving it less and less. But it could be that the tequila just numbs my senses!!! LOL I took DD out for dinner last night and I had a margarita. Yum!

I've started out the day better than yesterday. Breakfast was quite healthy. I was still hungry (well, not hungry, I just wanted to MUNCH!), but I got out of the house without eating more. We may be going out to dinner again tonight--DD has a concert for us to attend. Perhaps we'll hit the same restaurant as last night. it was good--shrimp in adobo sauce (over pasta, but I didn't eat much of the pasta) and lots of fresh steamed veggies. It's just those darn chips and salsa that do me in (well, and maybe the margarita!!LOL). Anyway, after my horrible weekend, I am down 1/2 a pound--2 more to get back to where I was. Should happen by Friday--it came on too fast for it to be much more than a temporary water weight gain.

Take care everyone!

4myloves
10-03-2006, 02:29 PM
Hey everyone!

Just dropping in to say HEY!

Still incredibly busy at school!

HEY VICKI!!!!! SO NICE TO SEE YOU!!!!! Congrats on the new place!

backtome
10-03-2006, 03:33 PM
Hi ladies, and thanks for the warm welcome!

I was wondering for those that are watching calories......what is the number you are trying to keep under? Should it be 1200, 1000, 1500? For the life of me I cannot remember what number I used the last time I seriously changed my eating habits, which tells you how long ago that was :o

TIA,
Nancy

SuzyMc
10-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Here's a quick update for you all...

Apparently Aunt Hazel had a small heart attack last night (the doctor didn't seem concerned). They started her on a new medication and her heart went back into normal rhythm and has stayed there, so there was no need to do the cardioversion today. We were all in hopes that she wouldn't have to have the surgery and that the meds would take care of the problem, but they are going to go ahead with the pacemaker as planned tomorrow. I am waiting for the hospital to call and let me know the definite surgery time (doctor said noon, but orders weren't written when I left the hospital tonight). I plan on being at the hospital early tomorrow and staying with her all day just the same, so will be a long day. She's tired, but in good spirits. Even making jokes! She told the doctor to put the pacemaker on the side where she had her breast removed a few years ago to help fill out her bra! What a riot she is! :lol:

Welcome Nancy! I count calories and try to stay between 1200 and 1500, but more towards the 1200 end of the scale. I don't even want to know what my calories have been this week! I've been living on hospital food and fast food on the road...not good!

Gayle ~ You're right...this is exhausting! It's an hour and a half one way to the hospital and then sitting all day, then the drive home...by the time I get home I'm beat and I haven't done anything!

Hopefully things will be back to normal here soon and I'll be able to catch up with you all. Until then stay away from the cookies and drink your water!

gdeann
10-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Suzy, my mom was in the hospital for a full month. I was TOTALLY exhausted by the time I could go back home. Then when we were able to bring her home, I had to stay with her 24/7. Prayers are sent sweetie! I'm glad to hear she is in good spirits...attitude means everything. Kinda a feisty little thing isn't she?? LOL! I agree about hospital food, not really any good choices. You would think since it is a hospital, things would be healthy...NOT!

Nancy, I stay between 1200-1500, more in the 1300 range most often. I am only 5'3"". Tonight, before snack, I am at 1110 calories and will have a 200 calorie snack. My new fav....sliced apple with (2 T) caramel sauce & whipped cream!!! All lower calorie...

ShelleyM
10-04-2006, 06:53 AM
Nancy-I find that I need more calories when I am very active, in order to lose. Since I follow WW (more or less), when I run over 10 miles I always try to eat more. Otherwise, my body is going into starvation mode.

gdeann
10-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Shelley, how soon before you get the book? From what I gather, it is a good book and plan other then he isn't very detailed and leaves alot of stuff up to the dieter to decide if it is ok or not. I've been reading the thread and it looks like alot of people are really doing well with it.

4myloves
10-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Please stop!!!

A new thread has been started!!!