Old 09-28-2006, 11:54 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default The BIG deal about excercise,..I know,I know..yuck...etc.

Nobody really needs to talk to me about the benefits of excercise,and probably you too..,how it just might help the lazy,sloooooow spiral to my goal..I know it's healthy,and God as My witness, I have tried to like it,or at least tolerate it..and to maybe..even get into the groove of it. There have been sometimes I've almost liked it,but not enough to keep it up.. I did discover something today..not a secret really just a personal revelation. IF, YOU ACTUALLY GET YOUR BOOTY OUT THERE,AND MOVE IT AROUND..IT REALLY FEELS GOOD,(duh) and that's not counting ...'hey' it's good for me too..WOW,HOW ABOUT THAT.
Story..I needed to go to the bank,and the bank is about 1/2 to 3/4 miles away from my house. I had just finished vacuming,moping,& was washing clothes, and was on my way out the door..when I thought.."Hey, I really COULD walk", take the dog with me,and do us both some good...SO ..We did walk, up and back,and even passed a Mc Donalds..(wow),Then I washed my dog,and washed some clothes, still made dinner..fresh veggies,and chicken/curry..and even tho I had gotten up at 5:30,I was still able to just get some extra excercise into my day without going to the gym,or making 'THE BIG PLAN',...'GOT TO GO TO THE GYM' ETC. I was thanking heaven above, for just helping me out by placing this idea in my mind today, and patting myself for following through. pat pat..I think I will make more of an effort to make this a habit..why not???..why not make it easy,rather than a draaaaaaaag..just a simple walk. Today I walked over a mile..and I didn't reward myself with eating more. It felt good, we had a great time, kicking the leaves,checking out the colors..Life is good..I plan on doing it again tomorrow. Funny (Not) how spoiled I have become..instead of walking to the store..even if it's close by..we have to get into our car..and then wonder why we've become so fat,and out of shape. Amazing what a walk will do to open my eyes..Take care. Focused
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 07:47 AM   #2  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Hey Focused!,

Good or you! You are so right. If we did more stuff like that we wouldn't need to make special trips to the gym. Imagine some being from another planet dropping in to visit us at a gym and seeing all these people climbing stairs, walking, cross country skiing - all without going anywhere! We would look so weird. When you think about it, it really is sad that our lives have gotten to this point in our culture. Congrats on your NSV. Isn't it great to get out and about and breather the fresh air.

Don't you just love the fall?????

I didn't get to the gym last night as planned. DD was having a meltdown and I didn't dare leave the kids home alone. I will be there today, though.

Take Care!

Deb
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2006, 08:30 AM   #3  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

Focused - Good job! You deserve the pat, and thanks for the inspiration. I will walk it in the neighborhood tonight...only I will probally only do 3 laps (1 mi). I love the fall colors as well, maybe there well be enough walnuts on the ground to pick up, I love using walnuts in my winter baking.
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote