South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 06:41 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Default Thursday's Chick Chat

Good Morning Chickies, it's Thursday! One more day left until the weekend!!! I love weekends in the Fall, Jake and I usually spend Saturday mornings at auctions or craft festivals. There are a lot of them around here this time of year.

I had a good day yesterday, so I'm feeling in a more positive mood today. I watched the Biggest Loser last night, too, and that gave me even more encouragement. I just have to get rid of my sweet tooth, that's my biggest problem, but I know I can do it. I'm making an omelette for breakfast with LF cream cheese, asparagus and tomatoes, and lunch is going to be leftover turkey minestrone. For supper, we're having the Spinach Souffle Stuffed Chicken Breasts with steamed cauliflower.

Nothing exciting happening here today. The girls made their apple pie yesterday, and it looked beautiful. They are really getting to know their way around a kitchen, even at their young ages! I was invited to "slumber party" for next weekend, so I'm thinking about going to that. It seems to be a popular thing around here, adult slumber parties. The bad part is that you are required to bring something "decadent and naughty" to eat, something that you wouldn't normally indulge in. I'm not sure how to get around that, especially at this point when I'm finally back on track again.

Gotta run, time for Curves!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Mmmm - apple pie! I just had my Fiber One with yoghurt and an apple and should have added cinnamon. Those little chickies are going to be great cooks when they grow older! Cottage, how about taking the "Taco Bake". You could have it with raw veggies to scoop and they could have it with macho chips. It seems pretty decadent and only you would know.

It's gray and gloomy here again and I hear a big storm is on the way - again!
Today I have a few errands to do and some Cemetery Board bills to pay. I got some new pants for Harry and will go out to Maple View to have him try them on so I can shorten them. I leave for a haircut and then Montreal in the morning so they may not get done until next week! Tonight I have two meetings. I hate when that happens! One is the Fair Board where I can send a report but the other is the Family Council for Maple View and I need to get involved. If you aren't involved, you have no clout so .....

I'm off to hand deliver a couple of bill payments before the storm hits.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:29 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 178/145/143

Height: 5ft 6

Morning Cottage - I bet you can find something decadent that's still OP, just don't tell anyone that it SB friendly - Is it supposed to be sweets, or could it be like taco bake or something which is mexican food and SEEMS decadent?

So I SO did not want to get up just now, but have my weights class that I already skipped on Tuesday. Today is Friday for us cause we leave bright and early tomorrow AM - So we'll see if I can make it through the exercise I have lined up today... HAD to make it to body pump this morning, my mom and I typically jog Thursday afternoons and then I promised my room mate that we would go to the debut of Body Jam which is a hip hop dance exercise class offered by Gold's gym and tonight is the first night. Lots of exercise but hey I'll be in a bikini all weekend so the mo' the better!

Off to class, everyone have a great day and I'll check back in later!
Old 09-28-2006, 08:32 AM   #4  

Ruth - We posted at the same time - Always jealous of the rain that you're getting! Have a great OP day! Great suggestion about the Taco Bake ; )
Old 09-28-2006, 08:55 AM   #5  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Morning Cottage! Morning Ladies!

Cottage: I don't have much of a sweet tooth but I loooooveeeee me some fast food and french fries. I've done good and have only had 3 french fries since I started on the 18th. I like having the omelets in the morning.... they are quick enough I just bring them to work with me and eat them. Too bad I ran out of eggs last night. I was stuck eating sauteed mushrooms this morning for breakfast. Hope your Spinach Stuffed Chicken Breasts come out good. I posted my recipe on the Entree Phase 1 forums and I've been eatting the left overs for lunch the past 2 days. (Daniel flipped out that I was cooking spinach in his chicken and refused to eat it. Thats another long story....)

Sorry I didn't get a chance to check in yesterday.... just was not up to it I guess.

I did however join in on the biggest loser challenge on the 3FC boards. I'm on the blue team if you guys want to check it out. If you want to watch the show... it comes on NBC at 9pm est/8 cst.

I've been in kind of a mood the past 2 days. I'm not seeing the results like I did the first week of Phase 1 and it's kind of gotten me down. I figured that because I had cheated over the weekend that getting back on track this week would help me get back to 200 where I was.... nope. I'm stuck at 202 and have been for 4 days straight. I know, I know... "scales lie & you shouldn't weight yourself each day." But I can't help it! I want so badly to get out of the 200s and it kills me to see I haven't lost a pound in almost a week. I've been so good this week with exercising and eating right. Is it possible to stall badly in Phase 1? Should I be cutting back even more? I need love!

Anyway enough of that. So I didn't mention before that I'm an avid Nip/Tuck fan. I happened to watch the show Tuesday night.... and they killed a pitbull! Well it was a fake one and they didn't show it but still.... they portrayed it to be real. I was upset.... I love my pitbull and I was mad that they made all these references that "pitbulls are dangerous and mean." Ended up the girl was "messing around" with her dog. Yuck.

Gizmo is home from the vet and is doing fine after surgery. I feel so bad we have to lock him in the bathroom but thats what it takes to limit his activity. I feel bad when he gets on the bed or on the couch and is afraid to jump down. Guess he thought those front claws were his "brakes."

I hope everyone has a better day than I'm having.... hope I didn't bore you with my randomness.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:05 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks for the great suggestion, Ruth, I think I will make the Taco Bake. That's always sooo good! I wish I were going with you to Montreal! We were supposed to go there while we were in the Adirondacks in NY last year, but never made it. I'll get there yet!

sarahslacker, sounds like you'll be having a fun weekend, too! That Body Jam class sounds like it would be a great way to get your exercise in. I wish I could send you some rain, if I could, I would. We're supposed to get thunderstorms later today and last all day tomorrow, too. At least it's supposed to be sunny again on Saturday.

Well, it's starting to cloud up already. I'm just finishing up a load of "whites", and I have to start preparations for supper. It makes it so much easier when I can do that, then I just pop it in the oven to reheat when I get home. Jake usually gets home way before I do, I sure wish he would start supper some time, but that will never happen!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:00 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

Morning!!

I'm throwing a little hissy right now because I got swindled into babysitting my nephew again. DH is really upset about that because we had plans with a huge group of friends getting back from Alaska today to go out to eat. Now only he can go. Nephew is HORRIBLE at restaurants! I just need to learn to say no!

Yesterday was a great day SB-wise. I ate great and ended up walking a total of 15,000 steps for the day. Part of that was 1.81 miles I walked with Karen from work. Her son has practice twice a week, so we're going to walk every time! YAY!

I see everyone is doing well! Have a Beachin' Day!!!

Cottage: An adult slumber party sounds like a lot of fun! I don't think I could do it right now! WAY too much temptation!

Ruth: You seem so involved in your community! I don't know how you find the time!! I'd be going crazy!!

Sarah: Where do you find the energy to work out so much?? I wish I had your enthusiasm for exercise, but it's coming along. Don't you just love when "Friday" is on Thursday?!

Chellez: Honey, don't worry about it!! Just think about how much you lost in week 1 of P1! Now, how long would it take you to lose that on a conventional "diet"?! I've stalled since Monday as well, but let's just get through P1! The real fat loss comes in during P2 anyways! You're doing fine...I bet you'll step on that scale next Monday and see that it's 199!!! Just focus on the here and now and do your best to follow SB this weekend!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:05 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 155/151/128

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Everyone Well... I think I am finally feeling that sluggishness that I have read sooo much about. It took everything to get out of bed this morning, but I am awake and moving now.

It sounds like everyone is having an exciting weekend coming up. An adult slumber party! That sounds like so much fun. I hope you have a great time... and if you don't want to take the taco bake (which I still need to try) you could always make a big bowl of the peanutbutter cup recipe!

I am actually having mixed feelings about this weekend. I am going to help out at a booth at the 'Taste of Baltimore.' This is a big event where local restaurants and shops come and you can sample all of their goodies. There is also games, concerts, and other things. It sounds like soooo much fun and I only have to be at my booth for 2 hours, but I am alittle worried about being surrounded by all of the yummy fancy food. I need to boost up my willpower for this weekend.

Then on Sunday I am going to the football game and there is a big buffet at the bar afterwards. I am not too worried about Sunday though... I have done that before.

The Festival thing is something new and different. I want to enjoy myself and not feel deprived and not go crazy either. I am sure there will be lots of yummy foods that are SB friendly...maybe I just have to stay away from all of the dessert stations :P Any suggestions?
Old 09-28-2006, 10:20 AM   #9  
beachbum

Good Morning Ladies

I have to make this fast as Leo and I have lots to do this morning.Just wanted to let you know that I'm here and didn't get lost in the shuffle. I had a bad night sleeping with Leo snoring all night long and I findly get to sleep around 6 in the morning until now[10 A.M.]

Our gas compnay came and he scraped the pipes and painted them with rustolium.Now I now afraid of going ka-boom.

Will post later when things are not so hectic.

Hugs BB
Old 09-28-2006, 10:26 AM   #10  

Good morning gals! I am in a hurry this morning and can't do individual posts but I just had to tell my news. Today is my 53rd birthday and my son called me first thing this morning, wished me a happy birthday then started asking questions about his dad. We were talking about how well he was doing and out of the blue my son says, "Alicia has had two positive pregnancy tests." I just sat here saying nothing, then told him to quit yanking my chain (I have been dying for another grandbaby and my dd isnot having anymore.) He said he was serious and he thought it would be a perfect birthday present for me. They told me first before anyone else isn't that neat? I AM GOING TO BE A GRANDMA AGAIN! WOOOHOOO!

Everyone have a super day. Jack feels so good we are going to go out and have lunch for my birthday then straight to Babys R Us so I can buy my grandbaby his or her very first present and send it off.

Faye
Old 09-28-2006, 10:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 214/210/164

Height: 5'0"

gma: That is so amazing and exciting!!! You're son is very sweet to tell you first and ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!! I bet you're on !! I'll look forward to hearing all the pregnancy good news!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Happy Birthday!!
Old 09-28-2006, 10:39 AM   #12  
budding cinephile

S/C/G: 225/197.5/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Happy Birthday Faye!

Congratulations on the new grandbaby!

Daniel's grandmother wants us to have a baby ASAP and I'm like nooooooooooo!
I'm only 21 and I'm not ready for that yet. (Not to mention I'm not married yet!)
Old 09-28-2006, 11:28 AM   #13  

Oh Faye - I always just LOVE your posts! Happy Birthday and congratulations! Definitely put a smile on my face this morning!

Chellez - Don't be too hard on yourself, just keep doing like you're doing... Sounds like it's about time for a WOOOOOOSH! Meaning that you stall stall stall and then all of the sudden you have a big drop. You also might still be retaining water from the weekend. Don't let yourself get too down and definitely don't cut back anymore - this is supposed to be enjoyable and fun! Sending a huge hug and lots of love your way!

Beach Bum - Have a great day and hang in there in your sleep deprived state.

Shenanigans - If there is going to be SB approved food there, then just fill up on that, but if not then maybe stick some snacks in your purse - you definitely don't want to end up hungry!

Kim - I love the fact that you are using a pedometer! (assuming you are since you know how many steps you walked, otherwise you'd be counting all your steps and that'd be a little )
I have a love/hate relationship with exercise but today I'm in love with it because my weights class just makes me feel so strong and lean! We'll see how my jogging goes, and I'm praying I can make it to the dance class.

Everyone else have a GREAT DAY! Today was one of those days where I totally didn't want to get out of bed to go work out and baby let me tell you I'M SO GLAD I DID!
Old 09-28-2006, 12:31 PM   #14  
RMT
1x on Lips 4ever on hips

S/C/G: 130/125/115

Height: 5'5"

Default Happy Birthday Faye!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAYE!!!!

Congratulations on the new arrival, you must be so excited and what a wonderful birthday present!!!!!!

Gotta run - work is so crazy today - will post more later/tomorrow.

Everyone have a beachin day!!!!!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:09 PM   #15  
beachbum

Hi Ladies

I'm back again, got everything done what we had to do. Have to get some walking done this afternoon,as I didn't have time for that this morning.

Going to have to sing at the seniors ice cream social tomorrow. We're a group of 20 singers that sing for the senor center socials & our local nursing homes.Have to wear long black skirt and white blouse for the events.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FAYE

SarahThanksFeeling BLAH!! I Hope my exercising tapes will pull me out of this mode.

Have a nice one

Hugs BB
Closed Thread