Mini-Goals - WoW...NSV!

View Full Version : WoW...NSV!

cantforgetthis
09-27-2006, 10:59 PM
I have not been able to walk down a flight of stairs for years now with a normal gait. Due to pain in my ankles and knees it was always hang on for dear life and step with the left bring the right down and so forth. Forget about ever doing more than one flight! :faint:

For the last week or so I have been able to go down my own steps from the second floor like a normal person. THEN earlier today, I found the elevator out at the parking garage and me on the fifth floor! :o Well, down I went...NO PAIN, NORMAL GAIT! :carrot:

I couldn't believe it. Such a simple thing missed for a very long time. :D

lilybelle
09-27-2006, 11:41 PM
Congratulations, improved mobility is so important and something that makes us feel so much better. I have been down with an ankle injury and I actually miss my treadmill. Never thought I'd say that. WTG, on mastering those stairs and without pain to boot.

boaterswife
09-27-2006, 11:55 PM
That's wonderful! How empowered you must feel! I know people take their various body parts for granted, myself included. You just don't realize these things until you're forced to do without. I'm sure you will always appreciate being able to go down the stairs from now on! Yahoo!

cantforgetthis
09-28-2006, 04:13 PM
Thanks ladies for being here!

And Lily, you are SUCH and inspiration! :hug:

OneKim
10-02-2006, 05:47 AM
That's great!!! It's things like that that make the scale not so big, right? I've noticed a few things like that while dropping the weight! I no longer have irregular heartbeats and pounding heart! I firmly believe it was because of the weight! Feels good to feel good...hehe.

Kim

** Stacye **
10-02-2006, 09:23 AM
YaY Karen ... Congratulations!!

That's a huge accomplishment! I had dealt with the pretty much the same thing and I remember how good it felt the day I noticed that I was able to go up and down a flight of stairs without pain!

Congrats again and good luck on your journey!

cantforgetthis
10-03-2006, 02:56 AM
Thanks again ladies! So nice to know someone understands, if I talked about that anywhere outside, they would think I was nuts! :dizzy:

Oooo, Stacye, LOVE the hair! :D