Old 09-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #1  
Losing the Weight!

Default Going to be away

Well, even though I haven't been around much lately I thought I'd up date you guys and let you know I'm not going to be around much for a while.

As some know my WL hasn't been going great the last couple of months. I've been hovering around the 50 pound mark for 2 months, so now I'm on TO, the bars and the Gold plan. We'll see.

Secondly, I'm in the process of losing some people baggage. I'm getting a divorce and getting rid of some people that I THOUGHT were friends, and turned out not to be. Sigh... I do so wish that in all the stem cell research they're doing these days they'll find a cure for men. One can hope.

At any rate. Things are in a bit of a turmoil here. Exit one hubby and one man who one minute cares and the next can't make up his mind what he really wants... and enter My FREEDOM, MY INDEPENDENCE and my SELF RESPECT again. So, if you don't see me around that's why, I will however pop in from time to time as things allow.

Take care to all of you. Even though I haven't posted much, I've read the posts regularly. Best of Luck to ALL of you!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:14 PM   #2  
LAWL/gold since oct. 2005

Height: 5'8

Joan, My prayers are with you, it sounds like you have made some tough decisions and are going through with them. You are a strong woman, and you are on you way to a better life. Keep up the hard work, 51 pounds is awesome, don't look back
ljackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:15 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Joan - Good luck on re-discovering your freedom, independence and self respect. We're here for you if you want to vent, off-topic or otherwise. I hope this journey takes you to the happy place you deserve.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 06:17 PM   #4  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Joan--we'll miss you and look forward to hearing an update as things progress.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 08:17 PM   #5  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Joan, Come back as often as time allows. Good luck with the LAWL and congrats on moving ahead. Sometimes men just suck!
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:09 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 207/186/140

Height: 5'4

Joan,

Congrats on your weightloss and reinventing yourself...don't stay away too long!
Camie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 PM   #7  
FBD/8-18-08

Joan - WOW! You are going through a lot right now and still you've lost 51 POUNDS!!!!! Obviously you are an amazing woman to accomplish so much during such an emotional and trying time. I can't attempt to imagine what you are going through, but I do know that 51 pounds is awesome! Stay strong during this time, treat yourself special because you're worth it!
One thought - no one can take YOUR self respect. No one knows you better than you do, therefore the only thing that affects YOUR self respect is the choices you make for yourself and hence, the way you see yourself. So, EMPOWERED WOMAN, you go girl!!! As everyone said, we're here for you and we'd love to get updates whenever you can post them.
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote