Simply Filling/Core - WW frozen dinners on the core???

View Full Version : WW frozen dinners on the core???

GAGIRL320
09-27-2006, 12:56 PM
I am thinking about trying WW's Core program

My question is, I tend to buy the WW frozen entree's to keep at work in the freezer for lunch, is there any perticular (sp) ones to look for?

Are these dinner allowed on WW Core program??

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Elanajel
09-27-2006, 02:31 PM
My understanding is they are not Core--at least not yet. Too many additional ingredients, and many are not whole grain.

What I sometimes do: make a Core soup or stew, freeze extra portions in small containers (like the Ziploc kind with the blue lids). Thaw one the night before you want to take it to work and reheat fully in the microwave.

I've done a lot of bean/grain soups--you can keep them interesting by varying the spices you use and the vegetables you add in.

ontarget
09-27-2006, 06:36 PM
i made a core potato soup the other day. it's good, too.

laceykat
09-27-2006, 06:45 PM
Congrats on losing 11 pounds! I eat ww meals, lean cuisine meals, and Healthy Choice. Anyhow I use my weekly points allowance if I have them. The ww tells right on the front what the points are, and the other two brands you can plug into the little points thingy to see what they are worth based on the calories, fiber and fat grams in the meal.

Katpo
09-27-2006, 10:29 PM
There is one that I eat and sorta count it as Core. It is the Steak Tips Portabello and it's just steak and a double serving of broccoli. I don't eat the gravy that the meat is sitting in. It's very good too.

blessedwithsarah
09-28-2006, 02:11 PM
I also cook dinners and store up extra meals in the freezer - I find things with rice don't freeze as well as those with Barley or pasta. A couple of my favorites that do freeze well : Chili, smothered chicken and barley, beef barley soup, pizza pasta.

I think these recipes may be in the recipe posts here. Good luck.