Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:51 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Weight Loss & Chit Chat #214

Hello and to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:06 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Hiya ladies,

Marti - I know just how you feel. I have to have my coffee in the morning, too, no matter what. Two cups is all I need, but still.

Sassy - I hope you're having the best day ever! Was there something special you and DH were shopping for today, or just checking out the mall?

Cristi - yep, it can be hard to catch up when a person misses just one day around here. What's on your agenda for the week?

A big hello to anyone else reading this.

I'm getting things ready for our Chicago trip. Since it's supposed to be much colder up there than it is here, I've been laundering my winter stuff so I'll have some long-sleeved tops to take with me.

Btw, I haven't worn my one pair of black jeans all summer. They don't fit. I can't get them zipped unless I lie down, and I don't want to be miserable, so I had to go get new, bigger ones. I'm counting on you gals to help me with this dilemma when I get back from Chi-town.

Better go, before I get blabber fingers. (just love that phrase of Tiffany's, lol)
Old 09-27-2006, 12:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Cristina: I mailed Josh's box of books today. I filled the empty spaces with Smartie's candy. The lady at the post office told me that if I had left off mentioning candy on the custom form I would have gotten a cheaper rate to mail the box. Books ship cheaper than goods. I told her that the candy was only for filler anyway and I'd remember that. I'm sorry I didn't get the box mailed yesterday, but I was really feeling bad. I asked the postmaster when was the last date for mailings to Iraq to arrive by Christmas and she said allow at least 2 weeks. My sons goodies took about 3 weeks, so if we mail the stockings by Dec 1 or so, they should arrive in time. On the question of bad weather, I went online to our local ABC station and they have a weather alert sign-up for free. I get an instant message if bad weather is coming to my area. You should get something like this. We live too far from town to hear the siren so I keep my NOAA weather radio on during storms.

Jane: Happy Belated Anniversary. I had not been online since last Friday, (I think) and I got behind. I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope you have a super good time in Chicago. We didn't lose power but the lighting was terrible and I turn everything off and unplug my computer because of the power surges.

Sue: I love your new house! I especially love the kitchen and all the cabinets. The mantle woodworking was beautiful. I'm so excited for you. We had our house built 15 years ago and I still love it. We weren't able to buy new furniture or drapes so we kept all the old stuff. Looking at your new house pics makes me want to paint and get new furniture. I hope the new bidders sell their house soon so you can concentrate only on the new house.

Marti: I saw a yoga program on FitTV and it looked interesting. It wasn't like I thought. They said it was good for a bad back. Do you have any recommendations for a good disk? I think I'd like to try that. Also, what are pilates? Is it something that an obese person like me could do?

Sassy: Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope it was a special one.

Mary Kate: Happy Belated Birthday!!!! I hope your birthday wish comes true.

Tiffany: Bless you! Thanks for being the special person that you are! I don't know if I'm the type of person that you perceived. I like small groups of people. I get nervous in large groups. I also like quiet time to knit and read or garden. Congratulations on the 2 lbs!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Hello and best wishes to those that I missed!

I went to the doctor today and I did have an ear infection. I asked why I've had this ringing in my ear and he said that my ear drum imploded and is laying on the stirup and I'm picking up the vibration. The pain is so intense that it hurts to chew so I haven't been eating much. I weighed 257 on the doctors scale and I was fully dressed and had already drank 16 oz of water just minutes before. I can't wait until I weigh tomorrow.
Thanks to all of you and your moral support. I guess my hormones are all messed up. My mood is also soured when I'm not feeling well. My sweetie was going to take me camping this weekend but he suggested that we go to the Okla Ark State Fair in Fort Smith this Friday. He's taking leave so we can go spend the day at the fair. He's taking me to the Demolition Derby afterwards and then Red Lobster. We are also going to stay at the Hampton Inn Friday night since it's two hours from here and he's going to let me shop on Saturday. Isn't he sweet? I'm going to go online to the Red Lobster site and get the nutrition list to pre plan what we eat to stay on track. We'll be taking my diet snacks so that we don't pig out at the fair. I'm excited about going.
About my not getting out of the house, I tore the tendon in my left ankle and it has never healed well. It swells the size of a grapefruit and pains me terrible if I'm on my feet for more than an hour or so. I don't know of anywhere I can work or volunteer that doesn't require my being on my feet. Plus the cost of gas when you live 45 minutes away from town. I would spend 1 1/2 hrs on the road each day to work for free. I'm really hoping that a weight loss would allow me to stand or walk longer and get back into the work force.
Sorry for the book. It's good to be back.
Norma
Old 09-27-2006, 02:14 PM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Angry WARNING! Vent and Whining Enclosed! lol.

Hey Chicks.

Just a little warning. If your not in the mood to hear venting or whining, you may just want to skip this.

Well we are back. I am so glad to be back home! We didn't have a very good time unfortunately. The room was nice, but it was SO hot in there we couldn't sleep. Hub got more sleep than me. I only got about 1 hr. tops. Plus I have a REALLY hard time sleeping in a strange bed. I should have taken my sleep meds with me. Oh well.

Then we went to the Outlet Mall. It was disappointing. Not much there really and I had this real "Snooty" old bitty give me the up and down glare like O-M-G Look. I wanted to smack her!

But at least I got some exercise. Although I had to stop frequently because of my back. I made it all the way through. Then on the way home I started to dose off but hub would NOT let me sleep! He said, "If I can't sleep, you can't sleep." That really peed me off esp. since he got more sleep than I did and SNORED all night long as well! So we get home and aren't even home 5 minutes and he says, "Well I'm going to bed." I figure I am better off staying out here in the living room and laying down on the futon.

Don't get me wrong people I DO love my husband but he does IRK me sometimes! I know I am blessed to have a hubby and all, but there are times I just wonder............Which I think every Married Woman does and if she says she doesn't then she is LYING! lol. I got a nice lecture from a "Friend" stating I should "Count my Blessings and yadda yadda" just because I was letting off some steam about my husband once. I felt like saying, "Listen lady, you get married AND work EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for 10 HRS in the same place and see how "Happy and Perky" you are!!!!!!" I think I do pretty good for being with him so much!!!!!!

Anyways. That is my VENT for today. I did get some things at Bath & Body Works, not much though, Have any of you been there lately (if you shop there)? R they changing everything or what? I couldn't find anything that I used to use and I was just there not too long ago. I got two shirts which I thought were cute, can't wear them to work but I think they are fitting to me. One says, "Well La De Freaking Da" and the other says, "Queen Bee-Ach" I hope that is okay to post? (If not just delete that part) I thought they were very cute and very fitting to me. Something to wear on my days off. That is ALL I got. The rest hub got. He got a new belt, a new jacket, a NFL hat and a thingy that goes around your neck. He also got two shirts. That was it.

Well that was it. OH and the one nice thing in the hotel room was the jacuzzi tub. It was a two person, very nice only hub got the water WAY too hot and I almost got "Boiled"! But other than that it was pretty nice. I want one once we get a house. Except maybe I'll just get a ONE person or I will control the water! lol........

Well I hope you all don't think I am the worst wife on the face of the earth, as I said, I love my husband, but there are times where he just IRKS me. I think that goes with ANYBODY you live with or spend lots of time with, its going to happen.

So thanks for listening. If you have made it this far, then here is a big

Take care I am going to sleep!!!!!! (on the futon!!!!!) lol. OH and there was another nice feature in our hotel room, the bed was a KING SIZE!!!!!! lol. I had to add that in there. lol.

G'night! (or for you all, Good Day!!!!!) lol
Old 09-27-2006, 05:27 PM   #5  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hiya ladies...

I finally made it back! Was wondering if I was going to get here or not. Don't know where the time goes and didn't think I was spending so mcuh time on the Military Moms site. Just so much going on there and so much I am learning-those ladies are a godsend, and so are you ladies!

NORMA...the lady at the PO told me the same...but that with it being Christmas the earlier I get the stockings mailed the better. So I am thinking at least the first of November, possibly the second week of. It totally depends on how long it takes me to get things together and when I get an accurate count from Josh. He asked if I wanted a list of their names and I told him that would be good, but I just really need an exact number. I told him don't ask, it is a surprise for Christmas. Anyway, THANKS again for the books, they will appreciate them. Gotcha on the volunteering...didn't realize you were so far from town. And yes, your hubby is a sweetie! Enjoy the fair. DH and I enjoyed it when we went a few weeks ago. Just got the pictures developed today.

SASSY...well, I did make it through your whole post, lol! Men! Can't live with 'em, can't live without them. I don't know how you do it honestly. I love my husband to death but I could never work with him. I think our time away from each other makes it better and us closer when we are together. I saw online a couple a days ago about a book called: Two In Bed: the social system of couple bed sharing. It's a study about why we share a bed with a man/woman that snores, steals the covers etc. I am going to get it as I am interested in what they came up with. Makes you wonder though.

TIFFANY...WTG on the 2 pounds! WooHoo!

SUE...I love your new home and can't wait to see the bedrooms and your yard all landscaped! Hope you are getting some time to relax in between the moving.

JANE...okay, is it tomorrow you are headed to Chicago with your hubby? I know I saw somewhere you said in two days, I think... Anyway, I hope you guys have a GREAT time together! And make sure you take pictures! So sorry to hear about Katie's break-up. Make sure you give her lots of hugs from me. And I bet the job will call soon. Sometimes they get busy and take a extra few days...too, she should call them. It let's them know that she is really interested in the job. Lots of hugs to her What's on my agenda for the week? Hmmm, not much. Still trying to take it easy before heading back to IF full force. Me and Vince are headed to a Rodeo Friday evening. It's a Support Our Troops US Army Rodeo Championship. I've not been to many rodeo's but I do enjoy going every now and then and will go and do anything to support the troops!

MARTI...you'll have to share a picture of your new haircut. Glad your sis did it for you and Jhanai. I am needing a new style of some sort. I never know what I want so don't want to go until I figure it out. Who knows what the lady will do if I say just do whatever, lol. I went to a guy many, many years ago and really didn't have a clue as to what I wanted and he said "Would you trust me to do what I want?" Biting my nails I said, Ummm, I guess so. That was the best haircut I have ever had! Anyway, hope you enjoyed your weekend with Jhanai. And doing a stocking like Jane is fine with me. Whatever you want to do is fine and the guys will appreciate it.

Okay, I can't remember what else was said on the other thread. I made notes but left them upstairs somewhere. So HI to everyone else!

I am sad to say I am up a pound. Not too sad about it because last week was a bad week for me and with TOM I am surprised it wasn't more. Just have to work harder.

Nothing much going on. Heard from Josh Monday, not so good news. He is fine but they had a crazy day being bombed and such. I won't go into detail but some prayers for the soldiers and their families would be nice. He was so frustrated because he was tired/sleepy but otherwise fine.

Went and did a little bit of grocery shopping today and did get in a mile walk so that is better than nothing. Doing some laundry right now and HAVE to go upstairs to watch/play Jeopardy! See ya!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day.

Last edited by FrouFrou; 09-27-2006 at 06:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #6  
~Believe~

Hey Chicks.

I am back and rested now. Sorry about my post. I was very tired and very cranky at the time. lol.

Cristina -- I know I deserve a medal, eh? lol. But we do really well and we do have our time apart, beleive it or not. We would have too or we would totally kill each other. lol. But yes not all husband/wives can work together and live together. Just like some Mothers/Daughters couldn't either and I did that too when I was younger and still living at home. (was just right out of hs) My mom and I actually work very well together. So I guess its just each person and how they are. But yes I do enjoy my "Alone Time", just as we all do. Thanks so much for reading my whole entire post! You're a Sweetie.

Well Gals. I hope you all have a Wonderful Night!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 09-27-2006 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:59 PM   #7  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Norma - so sorry to hear about the ear infection, but a big WOOHOO for the weight loss. I see what you mean about not leaving home much. The price of gas right now is $1.98/gal here but is supposed to raise again over the weekend. You and your sweetie's plans for the weekend sound like lots of fun. I am so proud of you for looking up the nutrition info at Red Lobster before you go! What an inspiration you are, Norma.

Cristi - glad you made it back. I think it's wonderful that you have a support group of other military moms, since they are going through the exact same thing as you. Yikes, that's scary about the bombing, and he will continue to be in my prayers. The rodeo sounds like lots of fun. Several JLs have plans for the weekend, it seems. Oh! I mailed the gift card today, so you should get it probably Saturday. Yep, we're leaving for Chicago tomorrow. I can barely wait!

Sassy - I read your whole post too, sweetie. Just so you'll know, I could never work with Neal! And sometimes he aggravates me as much as your DH does you. But he's still a keeper, as I know yours is, too. Here's my version - Men! Can't live with 'em, and ya just can't shoot 'em. tee hee Did you ever see the movie Chicago, where all the inmate gals are singing about how their men "had it coming", and the one says, He ran into my knife. He ran into my knife 9 times" hahahaha. Good movie! Here's another one - Men! They're only good for one thing.... and how often do you really need to kill a bug? HAHAHAHA Ahhh, I'm only joking, of course. Neal is my source of inspiration, my rock, and my best buddy.

Hello to all reading this.

Well, Katie DID get hired at the place she wanted. It's a preschool, with weekends and holidays off, and goes along with her major which is Early Childhood Education. She goes in tomorrow to get the paperwork done, and for a drug screen. She's very excited and it's helped her not be as sad about the breakup.

I've got so much to do before we leave tomorrow. But I'll try to check in before we go.

Hugs to you JLs!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #8  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Quick hello and hugs ladies. I am so tired, but almost have things under control. New house gets phone service tomorrow so we will move the last of the furniture over and I will finish up the few things I had left here in the kitchen. Want to wash all the bedclothes here and not take a passel of dirty laundry over...don't know why. I have a new washer and dryer over there and my old dryer is about shot..but oh well. DH has been a slave driver, but we sure saved $$ by not relying on a moving company.

Talk to you soon...

Thank you all for the kind words about my new home. I love it and am glad to share pics. with you.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:43 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 240/240/120

Height: 5'3"

I am sending a quick hello right now. Thank you to all of those who congratulated me on my 2lbs. I unfortunately gained it back for my son's birthday...lol That's ok, I will lose it again. I am not going to get depressed or beat myself up because that will make it worse. I have to be going now. I have PWOC this morning.
Happy Thursday to you all!!
Keep up the great work ladies!!
Say this to yourself in the mirror today...it may feel wierd but if you can get used to this kind of thing it will be worth it. Look at yourself in the mirror and say, "WOOH BABY YOU ARE HOT!!" or if you are more of a older slang you could also say "My Dear How Handsome You Are" however you MUST use a UK accent when saying it...LOLOLOL

Later ladies!!
Tiffany
Old 09-28-2006, 04:46 AM   #10  
~Believe~

Talking Good Morning Ladies!

Morning Ladies!

Sassy is here and I'm not here because I'm still awake. I actually went to bed at 9:30 PM! I was just SO tired! So now my sleep schedule is all messed up, but I have tonight and tomorrow night yet to "Fix it"

Wanna say Thanks Ladies for reading my long winded whiny post! lol. I think we all need to just Whine a bit, just to get out the negative "vibes". I feel much better now! Well at least well rested!

Jane -- Thanks Hon. You're a sweetie too. I have that movie, but I just could not get into it for some reason! lol. But you are right. MEN you can't live with them and no you can't shoot em. lol. My husband is my best friend and my "Rock" as well. Just there are times where I would like to "Beat" the rock. lmaooooooooo. Just Kidding! lol. Whoo - Hoo Congrats to Katie and getting the job!

Sue -- Sending you gentle I know how tiring moving can be! But yes you are right in how much $$ you save! Take Care hon!

Tiffany -- That is okay I have probably gained all the weight I've lost (if any) back from being on vacation! lol. But like you, I will lose it again! I just wanted to enjoy my vacation without killing myself on counting calories but Starting on Saturday I'm going to be a "Good Girl" again. I think you are right about the Mirror thing. Because you truely do need to love yourself. I need to do that more. There was this stupid full length mirror in the hotel room and where it happened to be placed I could see myself while sitting on the bed. What a view. Ewwwwww. Lol. But I realized something. I realized that the "Fat Chick" in the mirror needed love too. She needs some tlc and no more "beatings" (<--internal). I hope that didn't sound too cheesey...

Anywho. I hope you all have a Fabulous Thursday and I'm sooooooooo glad I do not have to go back to work tonight! Instead I go back to work on Saturday, so I will have an EXTREMELY short week, only TWO DAYS! If I had more Personal Time I would have just taken the two days off as well, but I didn't have that much time saved up. But I did have enough for the time I did take off. Now I am going to save for December. We are taking two nights off for hub's bday. Two days are a sinch to save but I want to save more, but I forget if the PTO (Personal Time Off) can continue into the next year or not? If not I will have to use it or lose it and so will hub. He used a little chunk of his on this vacation but he may have to use more if he has to use it before the end of the year. That is a good question to ask my boss, eh? lol.

Speaking of the End of the Year.........We all know its coming......... The Holidays......... So I had an idea? What if we started a "Counting Down the Holidays" Thread? Where we could discuss Holiday Gift Ideas, Recipes (Esp. on how to make them more "figure friendly"), Decorating Ideas, etc? What do you all think?

Well I have rambled on long enough..............

Enjoy your day, Ladies!

Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 AM   #11  
ugggg.....

Just a quick "hi!" couldn't get on the internet last night--DD's friend is still suppossed to come over and fix it--don't know when--there's no rhyme or reason to what it does--sometimes we can be on for 5 minutes and we get kicked off, other longer and then last night was the first night that we couldn't even get on it at all---very frustrating--Sue feels my pain!!

Goota go--lot's to do--Monthly billing to be done!!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:38 PM   #12  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Good afternoon chickies...

Thought I would come here first thing before getting other stuff done today. I have to get off the computer by 2 to get the house cleaned for sure! Was up bright and early, okay so I was up early, lol. Thought I would get to Wally World first thing and get that out of the way. It hasn't been too bad since school started but I forgot it is the end of the month, was a little busier than usual, but still not bad. I didn't have much to get since I did a little shopping yesterday at the local store. We were out of a few things and it couldn't wait until today but I didn't feel like going to Wal-Mart yesterday. Anyway, doing a load of laundry as I am typing and will vacuum and dust when I go back upstairs. That's about all I have on the agenda for today. Oh, working on the scrapbook pages also. I actually got started on it, somewhat. Still working on the layout. I may do each one different, who knows. But...by the end of the week (next week that is) I should have them done and ready to be mailed.

SASSY...oh, now there's something I absolutely could and would not do...work with my mother. I love her to death but we so get on each others nerves. DH, maybe...don't think do but I think it totally depends on what it was. I think the thread sounds like a good idea. I love to talk about the holidays and get ideas, etc.

JANE...again, THANK YOU! And yes, the site is a lifesaver. These ladies can totally relate to what I am going through and I am learning lots, things I never even thought of like getting a passport! I have never had the desire to travel abroad so didn't feel that I needed one. Guess everyone should have one though whether they use it or not. And thank you to for the prayers. YAY! to Katie for getting the job! Have a GREAT time in Chicago!

JULES...I've not wanted to get on this stupid computer...it is soooo slow. But I am thinking we have too much stuff on it and need to get rid of a lot or get more space-probably both. Hope you get yours fixed soon...we miss you!

SUE...just think...it's almost over. You guys will be completely settled in your new home and the move will seem like a dream.

NORMA...hope your ear is better today. I guess I missed the loss, oops! sorry. WTG

TIFFANY...I read that somewhere...but every time I look in the mirror at my body I am disgusted. Now, if I could only see my face I think it would be okay, lol. You'll get those two pounds off soon. Birthday's are hard, actually any celebration is hard for me...I can't pass on the cake and goodies. Do you weigh every day? If you do...our weight fluctuates daily so the 2 pounds may be gone tomorrow. I weigh once a week and that is bad enough, when I remember to anyway. Okay, what the heck is PWOC?

Hi to everyone else

Going to go check out a few sites and then head upstairs to clean. Hope everyone has a GREAT day. Take care
Old 09-28-2006, 02:23 PM   #13  
GmaTo8

Just a very quick note to say buh-bye for now... we're headed to the train station in Effingham IL(yes, that's really the name, lol), and I'm in a big hurry. I'll be back here sometime Sunday. Take care, ladies, and have a great weekend!

Cristi - thank you so much for the thoughtful anniversary card - just got in a few minutes ago!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:30 PM   #14  
Liz, Dressage Queen

S/C/G: 160/143/135

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Good Afternoon. I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to read or post.

Just want to say, Sassy, that we all have husband problems. I'm dealing with mine now and am ready to hang him. Long story - he's had some health problems, we are finally getting to the end (in the diagnosis area, any way), his job is giving him a hard time about the time off, and he's taking it out on everyone else. We are hoping things will come to an end very soon before we both go crazy.

DD and I are back on track, again, and this weekend will be a challenge to us. We are going to a very large horse show in Devon, PA to watch how it should be done. LOL. We are leaving tomorrow around noon and will be back on Sunday. I hope we don't get lost. We just put 4 new tires on the car, the battery and alternator have been replaced, so we should be in good shape.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, stay on the right path, drink all your water, and just generally behave!
Old 09-28-2006, 05:14 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 273/248.5/160

Height: 5 Ft. 6 In.

Jane: Have a super good time in Chicago.

Cristina: How many stockings do you want? I have the list that you typed but I don't know if I can get some of the things (clothing) listed. If you know a dollar amount, could you post it so I can just send you money to cover picking up additional items that I can't get. I have my son's Christmas picture with his unit and with M-16's and stockings. I don't know how to attach it to this site. Could you PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy. Tiffany didn't even have a copy and I emailed a copy to her.

Sue: Good luck on setting up the new house. Having seen the pictures of your kitchen, I can imagine you cooking your holiday dinner in there. I love kitchens with lots of cabinets and yours looks awesome.

Marti: You may have missed my question on a yoga workout disk. I want to give it a try. If you have any advice I'd love it.

Sassy: We all need to vent. I'm glad that you feel better. I used to get peeved with my ex-husband, but I think second marriages are different. Calvin and I are siamese twins. We do everything together. When he's gone, I miss him. If I'm gone too long without calling, he worries. I don't know if it's our age or that we're still honeymooners. We've only been together 15 years. He's my best friend.

Well, my best friend just got home and we have to go to Walmart and get the oil changed for our trip to the state fair tomorrow. I'll be offline until at least Sunday. You all have a super weekend.
Norma
Closed Thread