Support Groups - Weight Loss & Chit Chat #214

View Full Version : Weight Loss & Chit Chat #214

Jane
09-26-2006, 09:51 PM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site!

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome.:yes:

Jane
09-26-2006, 10:06 PM
Hiya ladies, :wave:

Marti - I know just how you feel. I have to have my coffee in the morning, too, no matter what. Two cups is all I need, but still. :dizzy:

Sassy - I hope you're having the best day ever! Was there something special you and DH were shopping for today, or just checking out the mall?

Cristi - yep, it can be hard to catch up when a person misses just one day around here. What's on your agenda for the week?

A big hello to anyone else reading this. :)

I'm getting things ready for our Chicago trip. Since it's supposed to be much colder up there than it is here, I've been laundering my winter stuff so I'll have some long-sleeved tops to take with me.

Btw, I haven't worn my one pair of black jeans all summer. They don't fit. :( I can't get them zipped unless I lie down, and I don't want to be miserable, so I had to go get new, bigger ones. I'm counting on you gals to help me with this dilemma when I get back from Chi-town.

Better go, before I get blabber fingers. (just love that phrase of Tiffany's, lol)

harkeyvalley
09-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Cristina: I mailed Josh's box of books today. I filled the empty spaces with Smartie's candy. The lady at the post office told me that if I had left off mentioning candy on the custom form I would have gotten a cheaper rate to mail the box. Books ship cheaper than goods. I told her that the candy was only for filler anyway and I'd remember that. I'm sorry I didn't get the box mailed yesterday, but I was really feeling bad. I asked the postmaster when was the last date for mailings to Iraq to arrive by Christmas and she said allow at least 2 weeks. My sons goodies took about 3 weeks, so if we mail the stockings by Dec 1 or so, they should arrive in time. On the question of bad weather, I went online to our local ABC station and they have a weather alert sign-up for free. I get an instant message if bad weather is coming to my area. You should get something like this. We live too far from town to hear the siren so I keep my NOAA weather radio on during storms.

Jane: Happy Belated Anniversary. I had not been online since last Friday, (I think) and I got behind. I'm glad you're feeling better. I hope you have a super good time in Chicago. We didn't lose power but the lighting was terrible and I turn everything off and unplug my computer because of the power surges.

Sue: I love your new house! I especially love the kitchen and all the cabinets. The mantle woodworking was beautiful. I'm so excited for you. We had our house built 15 years ago and I still love it. We weren't able to buy new furniture or drapes so we kept all the old stuff. Looking at your new house pics makes me want to paint and get new furniture. I hope the new bidders sell their house soon so you can concentrate only on the new house.

Marti: I saw a yoga program on FitTV and it looked interesting. It wasn't like I thought. They said it was good for a bad back. Do you have any recommendations for a good disk? I think I'd like to try that. Also, what are pilates? Is it something that an obese person like me could do?

Sassy: Happy Belated Birthday!!! I hope it was a special one.

Mary Kate: Happy Belated Birthday!!!! I hope your birthday wish comes true.

Tiffany: Bless you! Thanks for being the special person that you are! I don't know if I'm the type of person that you perceived. I like small groups of people. I get nervous in large groups. I also like quiet time to knit and read or garden. Congratulations on the 2 lbs!!!!! Keep up the good work.

Hello and best wishes to those that I missed!

I went to the doctor today and I did have an ear infection. I asked why I've had this ringing in my ear and he said that my ear drum imploded and is laying on the stirup and I'm picking up the vibration. The pain is so intense that it hurts to chew so I haven't been eating much. I weighed 257 on the doctors scale and I was fully dressed and had already drank 16 oz of water just minutes before. I can't wait until I weigh tomorrow.
Thanks to all of you and your moral support. I guess my hormones are all messed up. My mood is also soured when I'm not feeling well. My sweetie was going to take me camping this weekend but he suggested that we go to the Okla Ark State Fair in Fort Smith this Friday. He's taking leave so we can go spend the day at the fair. He's taking me to the Demolition Derby afterwards and then Red Lobster. We are also going to stay at the Hampton Inn Friday night since it's two hours from here and he's going to let me shop on Saturday. Isn't he sweet? I'm going to go online to the Red Lobster site and get the nutrition list to pre plan what we eat to stay on track. We'll be taking my diet snacks so that we don't pig out at the fair. I'm excited about going.
About my not getting out of the house, I tore the tendon in my left ankle and it has never healed well. It swells the size of a grapefruit and pains me terrible if I'm on my feet for more than an hour or so. I don't know of anywhere I can work or volunteer that doesn't require my being on my feet. Plus the cost of gas when you live 45 minutes away from town. I would spend 1 1/2 hrs on the road each day to work for free. I'm really hoping that a weight loss would allow me to stand or walk longer and get back into the work force.
Sorry for the book. It's good to be back.
Norma

Sassy_Chick
09-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Hey Chicks.

Just a little warning. If your not in the mood to hear venting or whining, you may just want to skip this.

Well we are back. I am so glad to be back home! We didn't have a very good time unfortunately. :( The room was nice, but it was SO hot in there we couldn't sleep. :( Hub got more sleep than me. I only got about 1 hr. tops. Plus I have a REALLY hard time sleeping in a strange bed. I should have taken my sleep meds with me. Oh well.

Then we went to the Outlet Mall. It was disappointing. Not much there really and I had this real "Snooty" old bitty give me the up and down glare like O-M-G Look. I wanted to smack her!

But at least I got some exercise. Although I had to stop frequently because of my back. I made it all the way through. :carrot: Then on the way home I started to dose off but hub would NOT let me sleep! :mad: He said, "If I can't sleep, you can't sleep." That really peed me off esp. since he got more sleep than I did and SNORED all night long as well! :mad: So we get home and aren't even home 5 minutes and he says, "Well I'm going to bed." I figure I am better off staying out here in the living room and laying down on the futon.

Don't get me wrong people I DO love my husband but he does IRK me sometimes! I know I am blessed to have a hubby and all, but there are times I just wonder............Which I think every Married Woman does and if she says she doesn't then she is LYING! lol. I got a nice lecture from a "Friend" stating I should "Count my Blessings and yadda yadda" just because I was letting off some steam about my husband once. I felt like saying, "Listen lady, you get married AND work EVERY SINGLE NIGHT for 10 HRS in the same place and see how "Happy and Perky" you are!!!!!!" I think I do pretty good for being with him so much!!!!!!

Anyways. That is my VENT for today. I did get some things at Bath & Body Works, not much though, Have any of you been there lately (if you shop there)? R they changing everything or what? I couldn't find anything that I used to use and I was just there not too long ago. I got two shirts which I thought were cute, can't wear them to work but I think they are fitting to me. One says, "Well La De Freaking Da" and the other says, "Queen Bee-Ach" I hope that is okay to post? (If not just delete that part) I thought they were very cute and very fitting to me. Something to wear on my days off. That is ALL I got. The rest hub got. He got a new belt, a new jacket, a NFL hat and a thingy that goes around your neck. He also got two shirts. That was it.

Well that was it. OH and the one nice thing in the hotel room was the jacuzzi tub. It was a two person, very nice only hub got the water WAY too hot and I almost got "Boiled"! But other than that it was pretty nice. I want one once we get a house. ;) Except maybe I'll just get a ONE person or I will control the water! lol........:devil:

Well I hope you all don't think I am the worst wife on the face of the earth, as I said, I love my husband, but there are times where he just IRKS me. I think that goes with ANYBODY you live with or spend lots of time with, its going to happen.

So thanks for listening. If you have made it this far, then here is a big :hug:

Take care I am going to sleep!!!!!! (on the futon!!!!!) lol. OH and there was another nice feature in our hotel room, the bed was a KING SIZE!!!!!! lol. I had to add that in there. lol.

G'night! (or for you all, Good Day!!!!!) lol

FrouFrou
09-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Hiya ladies...

I finally made it back! :cp: Was wondering if I was going to get here or not. Don't know where the time goes and didn't think I was spending so mcuh time on the Military Moms site. Just so much going on there and so much I am learning-those ladies are a godsend, and so are you ladies!

NORMA...the lady at the PO told me the same...but that with it being Christmas the earlier I get the stockings mailed the better. So I am thinking at least the first of November, possibly the second week of. It totally depends on how long it takes me to get things together and when I get an accurate count from Josh. He asked if I wanted a list of their names and I told him that would be good, but I just really need an exact number. I told him don't ask, it is a surprise for Christmas. Anyway, THANKS again for the books, they will appreciate them. :hug: Gotcha on the volunteering...didn't realize you were so far from town. And yes, your hubby is a sweetie! Enjoy the fair. DH and I enjoyed it when we went a few weeks ago. Just got the pictures developed today.

SASSY...well, I did make it through your whole post, lol! Men! Can't live with 'em, can't live without them. I don't know how you do it honestly. I love my husband to death but I could never work with him. I think our time away from each other makes it better and us closer when we are together. I saw online a couple a days ago about a book called: Two In Bed: the social system of couple bed sharing. It's a study about why we share a bed with a man/woman that snores, steals the covers etc. I am going to get it as I am interested in what they came up with. Makes you wonder though.

TIFFANY...WTG on the 2 pounds! WooHoo! :carrot:

SUE...I love your new home and can't wait to see the bedrooms and your yard all landscaped! Hope you are getting some time to relax in between the moving.

JANE...okay, is it tomorrow you are headed to Chicago with your hubby? I know I saw somewhere you said in two days, I think...:dunno: Anyway, I hope you guys have a GREAT time together! And make sure you take pictures! So sorry to hear about Katie's break-up. Make sure you give her lots of hugs from me. And I bet the job will call soon. Sometimes they get busy and take a extra few days...too, she should call them. It let's them know that she is really interested in the job. Lots of hugs to her :hug: :hug: :hug: What's on my agenda for the week? Hmmm, not much. Still trying to take it easy before heading back to IF full force. Me and Vince are headed to a Rodeo Friday evening. It's a Support Our Troops US Army Rodeo Championship. I've not been to many rodeo's but I do enjoy going every now and then and will go and do anything to support the troops!

MARTI...you'll have to share a picture of your new haircut. Glad your sis did it for you and Jhanai. I am needing a new style of some sort. I never know what I want so don't want to go until I figure it out. Who knows what the lady will do if I say just do whatever, lol. I went to a guy many, many years ago and really didn't have a clue as to what I wanted and he said "Would you trust me to do what I want?" Biting my nails I said, Ummm, I guess so. That was the best haircut I have ever had! Anyway, hope you enjoyed your weekend with Jhanai. And doing a stocking like Jane is fine with me. Whatever you want to do is fine and the guys will appreciate it.

Okay, I can't remember what else was said on the other thread. I made notes but left them upstairs somewhere. :doh: So HI to everyone else!

I am sad to say I am up a pound. Not too sad about it because last week was a bad week for me and with TOM I am surprised it wasn't more. Just have to work harder.

Nothing much going on. Heard from Josh Monday, not so good news. He is fine but they had a crazy day being bombed and such. I won't go into detail but some prayers for the soldiers and their families would be nice. He was so frustrated because he was tired/sleepy but otherwise fine.

Went and did a little bit of grocery shopping today and did get in a mile walk so that is better than nothing. Doing some laundry right now and HAVE to go upstairs to watch/play Jeopardy! See ya!

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day.

Sassy_Chick
09-27-2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Chicks.

I am back and rested now. Sorry about my post. I was very tired and very cranky at the time. lol.

Cristina -- I know I deserve a medal, eh? lol. But we do really well and we do have our time apart, beleive it or not. We would have too or we would totally kill each other. lol. But yes not all husband/wives can work together and live together. Just like some Mothers/Daughters couldn't either and I did that too when I was younger and still living at home. (was just right out of hs) My mom and I actually work very well together. ;) So I guess its just each person and how they are. But yes I do enjoy my "Alone Time", just as we all do. :) Thanks so much for reading my whole entire post! You're a Sweetie. :hug:

Well Gals. I hope you all have a Wonderful Night!

Jane
09-27-2006, 09:59 PM
Hi ladies,

Norma - so sorry to hear about the ear infection, but a big WOOHOO for the weight loss. I see what you mean about not leaving home much. The price of gas right now is $1.98/gal here but is supposed to raise again over the weekend. You and your sweetie's plans for the weekend sound like lots of fun. I am so proud of you for looking up the nutrition info at Red Lobster before you go! What an inspiration you are, Norma.

Cristi - glad you made it back. I think it's wonderful that you have a support group of other military moms, since they are going through the exact same thing as you. Yikes, that's scary about the bombing, and he will continue to be in my prayers. The rodeo sounds like lots of fun. Several JLs have plans for the weekend, it seems. Oh! I mailed the gift card today, so you should get it probably Saturday. Yep, we're leaving for Chicago tomorrow. I can barely wait!

Sassy - I read your whole post too, sweetie. Just so you'll know, I could never work with Neal! And sometimes he aggravates me as much as your DH does you. But he's still a keeper, as I know yours is, too. Here's my version - Men! Can't live with 'em, and ya just can't shoot 'em. tee hee Did you ever see the movie Chicago, where all the inmate gals are singing about how their men "had it coming", and the one says, He ran into my knife. He ran into my knife 9 times" hahahaha. Good movie! Here's another one - Men! They're only good for one thing.... and how often do you really need to kill a bug? HAHAHAHA Ahhh, I'm only joking, of course. Neal is my source of inspiration, my rock, and my best buddy.

Hello to all reading this. :wave:

Well, Katie DID get hired at the place she wanted. :cp: It's a preschool, with weekends and holidays off, and goes along with her major which is Early Childhood Education. She goes in tomorrow to get the paperwork done, and for a drug screen. She's very excited and it's helped her not be as sad about the breakup.

I've got so much to do before we leave tomorrow. :dizzy: But I'll try to check in before we go.

Hugs to you JLs! :hug:

suetalks
09-27-2006, 11:08 PM
Quick hello and hugs ladies. I am so tired, but almost have things under control. New house gets phone service tomorrow so we will move the last of the furniture over and I will finish up the few things I had left here in the kitchen. Want to wash all the bedclothes here and not take a passel of dirty laundry over...don't know why. I have a new washer and dryer over there and my old dryer is about shot..but oh well. DH has been a slave driver, but we sure saved $$ by not relying on a moving company.

Talk to you soon...

Thank you all for the kind words about my new home. I love it and am glad to share pics. with you.

JJPhat
09-28-2006, 02:43 AM
I am sending a quick hello right now. Thank you to all of those who congratulated me on my 2lbs. I unfortunately gained it back for my son's birthday...lol That's ok, I will lose it again. I am not going to get depressed or beat myself up because that will make it worse. I have to be going now. I have PWOC this morning.
Happy Thursday to you all!!
Keep up the great work ladies!!
Say this to yourself in the mirror today...it may feel wierd but if you can get used to this kind of thing it will be worth it. Look at yourself in the mirror and say, "WOOH BABY YOU ARE HOT!!" or if you are more of a older slang you could also say "My Dear How Handsome You Are" however you MUST use a UK accent when saying it...LOLOLOL

Later ladies!!
Tiffany

Sassy_Chick
09-28-2006, 04:46 AM
Morning Ladies! :coffee:

Sassy is here and I'm not here because I'm still awake. I actually went to bed at 9:30 PM! I was just SO tired! So now my sleep schedule is all messed up, but I have tonight and tomorrow night yet to "Fix it" ;)

Wanna say Thanks Ladies for reading my long winded whiny post! lol. I think we all need to just Whine a bit, just to get out the negative "vibes". I feel much better now! Well at least well rested!

Jane -- Thanks Hon. You're a sweetie too. :hug: I have that movie, but I just could not get into it for some reason! lol. But you are right. MEN you can't live with them and no you can't shoot em. lol. My husband is my best friend and my "Rock" as well. Just there are times where I would like to "Beat" the rock. lmaooooooooo. Just Kidding! lol. Whoo - Hoo Congrats to Katie and getting the job! :cp:

Sue -- Sending you gentle :hug: I know how tiring moving can be! But yes you are right in how much $$ you save! Take Care hon!

Tiffany -- That is okay I have probably gained all the weight I've lost (if any) back from being on vacation! lol. But like you, I will lose it again! I just wanted to enjoy my vacation without killing myself on counting calories but Starting on Saturday I'm going to be a "Good Girl" again. ;) I think you are right about the Mirror thing. Because you truely do need to love yourself. I need to do that more. There was this stupid full length mirror in the hotel room and where it happened to be placed I could see myself while sitting on the bed. What a view. Ewwwwww. Lol. But I realized something. I realized that the "Fat Chick" in the mirror needed love too. She needs some tlc and no more "beatings" (<--internal). I hope that didn't sound too cheesey...:p

Anywho. I hope you all have a Fabulous Thursday and I'm sooooooooo glad I do not have to go back to work tonight! :D :D Instead I go back to work on Saturday, so I will have an EXTREMELY short week, only TWO DAYS! :dance: If I had more Personal Time I would have just taken the two days off as well, but I didn't have that much time saved up. But I did have enough for the time I did take off. :) Now I am going to save for December. We are taking two nights off for hub's bday. Two days are a sinch to save but I want to save more, but I forget if the PTO (Personal Time Off) can continue into the next year or not? If not I will have to use it or lose it and so will hub. He used a little chunk of his on this vacation but he may have to use more if he has to use it before the end of the year. That is a good question to ask my boss, eh? lol.

Speaking of the End of the Year.........We all know its coming.........:turkey: The Holidays.........:candy: So I had an idea? What if we started a "Counting Down the Holidays" Thread? Where we could discuss Holiday Gift Ideas, Recipes (Esp. on how to make them more "figure friendly"), Decorating Ideas, etc? What do you all think?:present:

Well I have rambled on long enough..............

Enjoy your day, Ladies!

:hug:

jules1216
09-28-2006, 07:50 AM
Just a quick "hi!" couldn't get on the internet last night--DD's friend is still suppossed to come over and fix it--don't know when--there's no rhyme or reason to what it does--sometimes we can be on for 5 minutes and we get kicked off, other longer and then last night was the first night that we couldn't even get on it at all---very frustrating--Sue feels my pain!!

Goota go--lot's to do--Monthly billing to be done!!

FrouFrou
09-28-2006, 01:38 PM
Good afternoon chickies...

Thought I would come here first thing before getting other stuff done today. I have to get off the computer by 2 to get the house cleaned for sure! Was up bright and early, okay so I was up early, lol. Thought I would get to Wally World first thing and get that out of the way. It hasn't been too bad since school started but I forgot it is the end of the month, was a little busier than usual, but still not bad. I didn't have much to get since I did a little shopping yesterday at the local store. We were out of a few things and it couldn't wait until today but I didn't feel like going to Wal-Mart yesterday. Anyway, doing a load of laundry as I am typing and will vacuum and dust when I go back upstairs. That's about all I have on the agenda for today. Oh, working on the scrapbook pages also. I actually got started on it, somewhat. Still working on the layout. I may do each one different, who knows. But...by the end of the week (next week that is) I should have them done and ready to be mailed. :crossed:

SASSY...oh, now there's something I absolutely could and would not do...work with my mother. I love her to death but we so get on each others nerves. DH, maybe...don't think do but I think it totally depends on what it was. I think the thread sounds like a good idea. I love to talk about the holidays and get ideas, etc.

JANE...again, THANK YOU! And yes, the site is a lifesaver. These ladies can totally relate to what I am going through and I am learning lots, things I never even thought of like getting a passport! I have never had the desire to travel abroad so didn't feel that I needed one. Guess everyone should have one though whether they use it or not. And thank you to for the prayers. YAY! to Katie for getting the job! :carrot: Have a GREAT time in Chicago!

JULES...I've not wanted to get on this stupid computer...it is soooo slow. But I am thinking we have too much stuff on it and need to get rid of a lot or get more space-probably both. Hope you get yours fixed soon...we miss you!

SUE...just think...it's almost over. You guys will be completely settled in your new home and the move will seem like a dream.

NORMA...hope your ear is better today. I guess I missed the loss, oops! sorry. WTG :carrot:

TIFFANY...I read that somewhere...but every time I look in the mirror at my body I am disgusted. Now, if I could only see my face I think it would be okay, lol. You'll get those two pounds off soon. Birthday's are hard, actually any celebration is hard for me...I can't pass on the cake and goodies. Do you weigh every day? If you do...our weight fluctuates daily so the 2 pounds may be gone tomorrow. I weigh once a week and that is bad enough, when I remember to anyway. Okay, what the heck is PWOC?

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Going to go check out a few sites and then head upstairs to clean. Hope everyone has a GREAT day. Take care :hug:

Jane
09-28-2006, 02:23 PM
Just a very quick note to say buh-bye for now... we're headed to the train station in Effingham IL(yes, that's really the name, lol), and I'm in a big hurry. I'll be back here sometime Sunday. Take care, ladies, and have a great weekend!

Cristi - thank you so much for the thoughtful anniversary card - just got in a few minutes ago!

dressagequeen
09-28-2006, 04:30 PM
Good Afternoon. I've been so busy that I haven't had a chance to read or post.

Just want to say, Sassy, that we all have husband problems. I'm dealing with mine now and am ready to hang him. Long story - he's had some health problems, we are finally getting to the end (in the diagnosis area, any way), his job is giving him a hard time about the time off, and he's taking it out on everyone else. :dizzy: We are hoping things will come to an end very soon before we both go crazy.

DD and I are back on track, again, and this weekend will be a challenge to us. We are going to a very large horse show in Devon, PA to watch how it should be done. LOL. We are leaving tomorrow around noon and will be back on Sunday. I hope we don't get lost. We just put 4 new tires on the car, the battery and alternator have been replaced, so we should be in good shape.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, stay on the right path, drink all your water, and just generally behave!

harkeyvalley
09-28-2006, 05:14 PM
Jane: Have a super good time in Chicago.

Cristina: How many stockings do you want? I have the list that you typed but I don't know if I can get some of the things (clothing) listed. If you know a dollar amount, could you post it so I can just send you money to cover picking up additional items that I can't get. I have my son's Christmas picture with his unit and with M-16's and stockings. I don't know how to attach it to this site. Could you PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy. Tiffany didn't even have a copy and I emailed a copy to her.

Sue: Good luck on setting up the new house. Having seen the pictures of your kitchen, I can imagine you cooking your holiday dinner in there. I love kitchens with lots of cabinets and yours looks awesome.

Marti: You may have missed my question on a yoga workout disk. I want to give it a try. If you have any advice I'd love it.

Sassy: We all need to vent. I'm glad that you feel better. I used to get peeved with my ex-husband, but I think second marriages are different. Calvin and I are siamese twins. We do everything together. When he's gone, I miss him. If I'm gone too long without calling, he worries. I don't know if it's our age or that we're still honeymooners. We've only been together 15 years. He's my best friend.

Well, my best friend just got home and we have to go to Walmart and get the oil changed for our trip to the state fair tomorrow. I'll be offline until at least Sunday. You all have a super weekend.
Norma

Sassy_Chick
09-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Hi Ladies.

This is a good post, I promise. ;)

Just got back from running around. Went to Walmart and I got some things for the troops. Hub helped me as a group he was in sent some things to them a couple years ago. :)

Hi :wave: Jules I hope they get your internet fixed!

Cristina -- I just got back from Wally World! lol. There was this little kid, maybe around 3-4 yrs old? He was hanging over the end of the cart while his mother left him to go get some frozen veggies and WHOMP he fell out of the cart on to the CONCRETE floor FACE first! :o The kid was alright, he was very lucky though. After that she put him in the front of the cart in the seat. :rolleyes: Yes I thought a holiday thread might be good, but its up to Jane and Marti I guess!!!!! :D

Speaking of Marti, Where R U??????? Come out come out wherever you are! *looks under rug* hee hee. I hope your doing okay! :hug:

Have a Great time, Jane!!!!!!!!!! We will miss you!!!!! :cry:

Liz -- Thanks. Sorry to hear about your husband and his health problems. I hope it gets better. Work can definately be a problem, that is for sure. :rolleyes:

Norma -- Don't get me wrong, my husband is my best friend and we do spend a majority of our time together. Just there are times where I have to vent, its usually not very often though. (at least about hubby) lol. Have a Great Time at the State Fair!

Well I hope you all have a Wonderful Night and a Great Friday!!!!!!! ;)

Cafe Ole
09-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Morning All!

I am sorry I have been gone for awhile. I want to thank everyone for their thoughts & prayers!!!!!!

Cristina... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: THANK YOU so much for the card! I cannot tell you how much that meant to me and to receive it on the day I did (I had a melt down that day). Thank you :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: It meant more than I can say!

Sue... I LOVE the photos!!! What a gorgeous house!

Sassy & Mary Kate I am sorry I missed it, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! :woo: :woo: :woo:

Sassy... I am sorry your outing did not go well. I have been married 16 years & it is an adventure to say the least, yep it sure can be a pain, especially when we are both stubborn & bull headed lol just adds the spice you know? But men can be stinkers! :D

I like The Body Shop, I started going there when the smells got too strong for me at the Bath & Body Works, that and they took away all the stuff I loved.

Jane Have fun in Chicago!! I can't wait to hear about it.

HI to everyone I have missed!! :hug: :hug:

The news update: My gf is not doing any better, they did a trach (she couldn't breathe off life support, still on it btw), her kidneys are better, the blood clot still there but not getting bigger. Her heart is still way off as is her BP, she can't seem to stabilize. They aren't sure if she will see again or speak, we are waiting - the Drs are trying to be hopeful but I have seen her and I am scared for her. Time will tell. The best news???? Her hubby is locked up in a psycho ward for good on lock down - we were worried bad the other day as he almost got out but blood work came back on a serious imbalance (duh). anyhow he should never be a threat again. Her kids are trying to hold their own & trying to realize that a move to MO with grandma is gonna happen. I have no legal right nor the finances to take on 3 more kids not that I wouldn't if it came to it though.

Ok thanks for listening and again thank you all so much for everything, it really means a lot. Too bad we are all not centralized for a margarita date!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Marti
09-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies

Sorry for being MIA. Been tired after work and just want to relax. Plus, James hasn't had to work this week so spending time w/him is a priority! :D

Gave Jame a tour of my company yesterday. He's an old Sony worker too and I thought that he needed to see how the place has changed since we moved in. Made him miss working for Sony! (I thought the same when I first walk through it)

September is almost over and the holidays are just about here. Anyone else thinking that the year is just going to fast???

Where can I find the time to do all the I need to do??

I better get a move on. You all a good morning.

Hugs!:hug:

FrouFrou
09-29-2006, 02:57 PM
Hello ladies, and a good Friday to all...

ROBIN...you really don't have to thank me for the card. I was thinking about you all, and wanted to let you know. My heart goes out to your friend and her children. I am praying that she pulls through just fine. :hug: :hug: :hug: Too, I am glad to hear the DH is locked up where he should be. All too often things such as this happen and the guy walks away and that just kills me. Now when your friend gets better that will be perfect and really make my day.

SASSY...if you want you can start a new thread. I am sure Jane and Marti don't mind as some of us have started new threads before. And yes, with the holidays coming I think it would be a great thread. Sounds like you are in great spirits and having a good day! OMGosh! That kid at Wal-Mart WAS very lucky, thank god! I swear some of these kids I see God has sent an angel to watch over them because their parents sure don't! I hate seeing things like that and I am glad the kid was okay.

NORMA...I will send you my e-mail address and can't wait to see the picture! I am hoping these guys take a picture mainly because I would like to see them, not other reason. Josh was thinking about getting me a list of names which I would love but I bet anything he just gets me a head count. Don't worry about not getting things on the list missy...you guys didn't have to stuff the stockings but I appreciate you doing it. About the t-shirts...I am trying to get someone to donate those because I just don't know how with everything else I can afford to get 80 or so. I've not checked prices yet either, just trying to get someone to donate them at this point. We'll see what happens with those. About how many stockings, you do what you want on that also. Again, I thought I would through it out there and see if you ladies wanted to donate a stocking and I so appreciate whatever you want to do, so that is totally up to you. I did go to Hobby Lobby this morning and I bought 60 stockings. Thought that was a good start and was getting worried that they would run out. Almost depleted what they had on the shelf, lol. So that is done. Have fun at the fair with you sweetie!

MARTI...glad you are enjoying your time with James...I know how your schedules conflict with one another so anytime together is special. Like you, I wonder where I can find the time to do everything. Seems I never get everything done...oh well, there's always tomorrow to continue with my list, lol. Right now my priority is on Josh and helping his unit have a decent Christmas...as well as can be expected with being in the sandbox.

JANE...you are welcome for the card, sorry it was late. Hey, better late than never right? Lol Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend! :val2:

Well, as I told Norma, I made a trip to Hobby Lobby to see if they had stockings yet and yes, they have a LOT of Christmas stuff out. Not sure if this is all but there was a lot, a lot of goodies and I wanted to get lots of stuff but I DON'T need any Christmas stuff. Yeah right, lol! Anyway, then headed to Hallmark to pick up some cards...because Veterans day is coming up they had a nice selection og cards for the troops so grabbed a few of those. I always look for some and ask but don't see a lot. Jason was with me and then we picked up some lunch and came home. Later on this evening we are headed to the Support The Troops/Army Rodeo Championship. Was wanting to cancel because the wind is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E! I hope it gets better, doesn't matter though I HAVE to go and Support the troops and V has to work tomorrow evening so we can't do it tomorrow. Anywho...doing some laundry and going to vacuum later and that's about the extent of my day.

Sounds like a few of you ladies have plans for the weekend...I do hope you all have a wonderful weekend with your sweeties, and whatever you do.

Okay, ladies, guess I should be going. The dryer and washer both just stopped but will have to wait a few...I want to go lurking, lol.

Have a good one ladies!

Sassy_Chick
09-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi ladies -- a real quickie here as hub is beginning to clean around me and already has the pot roast on for supper..........I feel like such a loser as I just got up a little bit ago and I'm not quite awake and functioning yet and here he is doing circles around me!

So I best get to work!

Have a Great Day!

Sassy_Chick
09-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey Ladies. I went ahead and created the Holiday Chit and Chat Thread. Pls come and join me, won't you? :D

Hi Marti! Glad you are doing okay. Enjoy your time with James.

Cristina -- as you see I took your advice and started the hoilday thread. Thanks for letting me know where to get some Holiday Stuff! I was wondering where to get it! I have all the stuff to put in the stockings, now I just need the actual stockings! ;)

mkat321
09-29-2006, 08:22 PM
as I said in my peek-a-boo thread, sorry for my absence. I'm back and at a point where I am going to need to vent alot at myself and the world in general. I've heard my own commentary after a five mile walk in the kind of weather we're sinking into around here, and it's not fit for sharing most of the time...

I'll be back to catch up more here in a little while. Baby needs me right now

Sassy_Chick
09-29-2006, 08:35 PM
Bad News. :(

We Just heard that hub's Auntie in Tennessee may have had either an aneurysm or a stroke. We don't know much now, she is in the ER down there now. But I think regardless my husband should go down with his father. His father is freaking out a bit about this and I wouldn't want him driving from Ohio to Tennessee by himself.

Only thing is we only have the one car and I can't drive it, its a manual. So I am trying to think of ideas, but its really no problem, I figure if work wants me to come in, they will find someone to come and get me and take me home. ;)

Anyways.............Just thought I'd let you ladies know.

HI MKat! Glad you came to join us and I'm glad your back. :hug:

Marti
09-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Hello ladies!

I'm needing to get myself ready for work. I decided to do a little OT today to catch up on some things that are getting behind. So this is a real quicky.

I'll try and get back on here later tonight though.

How is everyones weekend going???

FrouFrou
09-30-2006, 01:35 PM
Hello ladies...

SASSY...lots of hugs and prayers to your hubby, his Aunt and family. :hug: :hug: :hug: Tell your hubby if he goes to drive safely. I know when something bad happens we tend to want to get to that person as fast as we can, so tell him to please be safe. WTG on starting the new thread.

JUDITH...glad to see you back. Feel free to vent away, that is what we are here for, to support one another in all aspects of our lives, not just weigh loss. We're here for you. :hug: :hug:

MARTI...DH is working OT today also, and has been for a few months. He knows it won't last much longer so is taking it as long as it is offered. But it is taking a toll on him and I hate to see that. He definitely has been working too much lately.

Not much going on with me today. Already got some of my house cleaning done and was waiting for Jason to leave for work before finishing. He messes it up as fast as I clean. Just me and DD home today and no special plans except to work on my scrapbook pages and get some reading done.

Heard from Josh today in an e-mail. Things aren't any better over there of course but he is holding up well. Just really glad to hear from him

We went to the Rodeo last night and it was pretty good. I didn't like that in the paper it said it starts at 7:30 and actually didn't start until 8. We left at 10 because we had no clue how much longer it would last and V needed to get his beauty sleep, lol. But it was fun, especially the little guys riding the goats. They did that for fun and OMG it was so cute and funny. Some of the goats did not want to move and some shot out of that gate really fast. Then there was one that kept dropping...didn't want to go just rolled over and refused to move. These were little kids from the ages of 3-5, so cute! It was fun.

Take care ladies and I hope you all have a good weekend.

Sassy_Chick
09-30-2006, 04:28 PM
Hi Ladies.........

No new news on hub's Auntie, so he's still here........Tonight is back to work......:p Well at least its a short work week. ;)

Have a Great Evening/Night!

suetalks
09-30-2006, 10:20 PM
Drive by posting again. The new house is wonderful...I already feel at home here. :) Just have a few big things at the old house and DH is getting help tomorrow from the grandsons. (his tools) Then I have a few loads to pack up and bring and the house to clean over there. No news yet on the offer...they have 30 days. *biting my nails*

I will get done and rested and be back here regularly!

Sassy_Chick
10-01-2006, 05:09 AM
Hi Ladies........

One night down, one night to go! lol. Here is something to try when you have some free time. Its pretty fun................

The Ultimate Driving Test..........

http://www.107.peugeot.co.uk/peugeot.swf

Just a note, keep going after the 1st time you get through, there is more! :cool:

Good Luck!

FrouFrou
10-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Hello ladies and a happy Sunday to you!

Guess everyone is still on their weekend getaways! Hope you all are having a wonderful time!

Nothing much going on today, just being lazy and pigging out. Figured I might as well eat what I want today because tomorrow I am back on the wagon. I was so frustrated...Friday evening when we were getting ready to go to the Rodeo I put on my jeans and they were snug...ugh! It made me angry because last year I was losing and they were loose and now, ugh I couldn't wear them. I could have but I wanted to be comfortable so wore some capri's and I was a little chilly to say the least. Anyway...tomorrow I am getting back on track and heading for my morning walk and then to It Figures. I've got to quit using the stress of Josh being deployed as an excuse. There is no excuse...I just need to do it! Last weigh in I was up a pound and tomorrow I won't be surprised if there is another gain. I'll be happy if I stayed the same but I doubt it. Time to get down and get dirty!

SASSY...I hope the Aunt is fine, keeping her in my prayers. Thanks for that link. It is addicting. My Aunt sent it to my mom and she sent it to me and I had a field day with it, lol! But I lose the link so I am glad you posted it, thanks!

JANE...received the gift card yesterday, thanks! :thanks: Thinking I will get those disposable cameras with it-it will buy 10 and I have 10 so won't need many more. Finally heard from Josh and he got an exact count and there are only 39 guys in his squad but he said I might want to send 40 in case he missed someone, lol. That is way off from 80 but will definitely be easier, and I will be taking some stockings back to Hobby Lobby for sure, lol!

SUE...glad to hear you are almost settled/moved in your new home. I am excited for you guys. Now you can almost sit back and relax and enjoy it.

Hi to everyone else. Hoping all is well with you and yours in your little corner of the world. :wave:

That's about all I have for now. See you ladies tomorrow sometime. Busy day tomorrow so hopefully I will have time to check in.

Take care :hug:

Marti
10-01-2006, 08:12 PM
Hello ladies--

Been busy cleaning house today. Lots of laundry. I really need to stop waiting for the weekends to do laundry. Piles up way too much by doing that.

James is home and he is in pain. Pulled something in his lower back. He's walking really crooked. Poor guy.

So this is short so I can tend to him if he needs anything.

Hugs to you all!:hug:

Jane
10-02-2006, 10:45 AM
Good Monday morning to you, ladies!

Tiffany - I'm all for positive reinforcement, and "Whoo Baby You Are So Hot" is just what I need, even though it would make me laugh. :lol3: Seriously, I think we should do things for ourselves to express that we value ourselves. Recently, one of the JLs mentioned how while losing, she tends to take better care of herself, and I think that's so important.

Sue - yep, I'll be glad when you get back to regular posting, too. :hug: One thing I found about moving into a new home is how you have to add all the little things you took for granted at the old house. Like a hook to hold your clothespin bag, and stuff like that, you know what I mean?

Sassy - any JL is always welcomed and encouraged to start a new thread, just so you'll know. :yes: Marti and I tend to start the Weight Loss and Chit Chat ones just so we can lock the old ones. I like the idea of a holiday thread and will post in it afterwhile. How's your DH's aunt? Is he close to her? Let us know how it's going, ok?

Jules - ah, I know all about compter problems, but thankfully, haven't had many with the new satelite server. Hope you get yours resolved soon.

Cristi - wow, 40 stockings will be so much easier for you to do! YW for the gift card - I was glad to do it. The rodeo sounds like lots of fun, especially the goats, lol. Btw, I'm back on the wagon today, too. I think it's so much easier when lots of JLs are in it together, don't you? I'll be posting at Marti's challenge thread later.

Liz - good to see you! Glad to read that you and your DD are back on track. Maybe you'll want to join in on Marti's challenge thread? How did you do at the horse show?

Norma - how's things go at the state fair? I bet you had lots of fun.

Robin - so sorry about your friend, but so happy that the jerk is locked up for a long time. As Cristi said, so many times, guys like that walk free because of a technicality or something. Yes, I too wish we could have a marguarita date!

Marti - time goes by much too fast for me too, Marti. And the older you get, the faster it goes. How's James' back today? Hope it's much better! What did you have him doing that threw his back out? Do we want to know? tee hee

Judith - good to see you back here, sweetie. :hug:

Mary Kate - how are you today?

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, we had so much fun in Chicago! We went to Navy Pier, and rode the 150 foot ferris wheel :yikes:, the Adler Planetarium, the Sear's Tower, the Magnificent Mile, and the Field Museum. We saw the King Tut exhibit at the museum and it was beyond belief! How we got tickets is beyond me. Right after we got ours, they put up signs that they were sold out for every show for the day. The hotel was very clean, and centrally located, and offered a free breakfast each day. It had no view to speak of, but oh well. Although I love the hustle and bustle of Chicago, I was glad to get back to my quiet country home.

I did poorly with food over the weekend, but although we took cabs from one place to another, I got lots of walking in.

Have a good day!

Marti
10-02-2006, 12:28 PM
Hello gals!!

Well it's Monday. Weekend sure went fast......working on Saturday didn't help that any but it's a little OT on the paycheck. (I only worked 4 1/2 hrs)

James is still in pain. He picked up his work bag and his back went out on him. When he stands up, his legs are straight but his torso is leaning to the right. He'll be seeing either a doctor or chiropractor today if he's still in pain and not straighten up . (He's still in bed so I have no idea how he's feeling this morning)

I need to get to work a tad bit early so I can figure out my timecard. Can you believe our company still does manual time cards??? It's a pain in the patootie!!!

Ok....hugs to you all and have a great Monday.

:hug: :hug:

FrouFrou
10-02-2006, 04:01 PM
Hiya Chickies...

Almost didn't make it here. I like to be off the computer when V gets home and sometimes I don't seem to get on soon enough to do what I want to do. I was up at 8 and seemed to be rushing around like I was in a hurry for some reason but didn't get much done. Anyway, walked a 1.05 mile on the treadmill this morning, watered the yard (it's been in the 90's, yikes!), went to IF to get in a workout, came home took a shower and off to get gas and to the library and post office. Didn't even get my housecleaning done until I came back so my computer time suffers. But...I did come here first :)

JANE...glad you and Neal had a fun time in Chicago! Must go there one day...I don't know if I would like it so much but I think DD would especially the museums. Glad you are back on the wagon too! I've made a goal for myself and I plan on sticking to it. Made me think of the WW saying If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

MARTI...James sounds like me a week ago. It wasn't as bad as James sounds but it has been before. I hope he gets to feeling better soon. I know it took me a good week before I could really do anything.

Well, want to go check a couple other things before getting off the 'puter. V and I are headed to Lowes in a different town when he gets home. We bought some new lights for outside the garage, driveway lights...whatever they are called. They didn't have the ones I wanted at the one here so we went with another kind that I thought would be fine. But they hang down too low and cover the address and I didn't like they way they looked at all. He took them back and they gave him a gift card but looked it up on the computer and the west side has some and then another town has them, which it is closer to us. So that's what we are doing this evening. I will post on the other threads tomorrow when I will have more computer time.

Take care ladies and I hope everyone is having a good day. :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-02-2006, 10:21 PM
Hi Ladies.

We just got home. We had to go into work today for a meeting. No the meeting didn't last that long, but we went to a restaurant with our co worker and was chatting with him a bit.

Anyways. We just heard from FIL that his sister is doing ok. The hospital told her she just had a migrane. Which none of us beleive that was the problem, but what do we know. :shrug: I just hope she follows up with her family dr. That is what I did after hub went to the "Doc in a box" here and our dr was not happy that they had sent hub home. That is when hub had to have his gallbladder out.

OMG....................I just heard a good friend of mine's house burnt down! :( Everybody is okay, but I guess from what I hear its a total loss! I will be sending him a Wal-Mart Gift Card. Every little bit helps!!!!!!

Also did you all hear about the Amish Schoolhouse Shooting????? How AWFUL! My thoughts and prayers are with all the familys of all the poor children.....

Cristina -- I need to get back on track myself...............I've been really laxed lately and I have no excuse at all. So we can get back "on the wagon" together!!!!!!!!!!!! :hug:

Jane -- Thanks. :hug:

Also on another note I think I'm getting an ear infection. :rolleyes: I haven't had one since I was like 5 or 6 or something.......If it doesn't get any better I guess I'll have to go to the dr.........:p

I hope you all are doing well!

Jane
10-03-2006, 10:01 AM
Hello Jaded Ones,

Marti - so how is James? I'm hoping his back is lots better by now. Is he taking some anti-inflammatory stuff for it? Hope you got your timecard figured out.

Cristi - ah.. too much to do, and too little time to do it in! I need to clean every room of the house, and can't believe how far behind a person can get so quickly! I truly believe the "plan" saying, too, and am a firm believer of writing everything down beforehand. Did you get the lights for outside the garage?

Sassy - oh my, I'm glad your friend and her family are all ok. What a tragedy! My sister's house burned down years ago, and it was awful. She cried and cried, although she was thankful nobody was hurt, she had to replace everything she owned that was in the house. Let us know how your dh's aunt is after she gets checked out by her doc.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave: If you haven't signed up yet to be a Jaded Lady, please jump right in.

Well, today is Madison's day to be grandma's girl. She is such a little diva! Yesterday, she asks me, Grandma, did you know I have a collection now? I said no, and asked her what it was, thinking probably a rock collection, or stickers... she says "bracelets", hahahaha!!! She always was attacted to bling from when she was tiny!

Marti
10-03-2006, 11:33 AM
Morning gals...I haven't even had a cup of coffee yet so bare with me.:D

Well James went to the chiropractor yesterday and he told him that he was VERY out of wack. And James wasn't helping it any by putting heat to it. He needed to put the opposite. He's still in pain and still crooked, since he was so out of alignment, so the chiropractor guy said he needed to come in again today. So hopefully the second trip will help a little bit.

And that's the update on my guy.

Not a lot going on here this morning. No need to hurry so I'm just going to putter around. I need to take the doglets out so I better get a move on w/that!

Oh yeah............I need coffee! :coffee:

Sassy_Chick
10-03-2006, 03:37 PM
Hi Ladies. :wave:

Not much going on here except the "Monthly Visitor" monster! lol. I am splurging for one meal, then for dinner we're having grilled chicken. OH and I wanted to mention that I saw in the paper, coupons for individual servings of veggies! :D I thought that was very cool! ;)

Anyhow..............I got to clean out my fridge, it is a nightmare! lol. Also have to do some laundry and clean the bathroom. :p

Jane -- Thanks. Yes my friend and his family are fine, thankfully. But I know it is still very devestating! I did get him a card and a Gift Card from Wal-mart. I did hear an update that it wasn't a total loss, but the kitchen and living room is completely gone. So the insurance is going to most likely rebuild. It will be about a month or months before they will be able to move back into their house. For now they are staying with friends and the insurance is going to get them a hotel room soon. Haven't heard anything new on hub's Aunt. I don't know if she will go to her dr. or not, I just said I hope she does. But we'll see. ;) Have a Great Day with the "Diva" :cool:

Marti -- here is some healing vibes for James....... :goodvibes Enjoy your coffee! :coffee: I saw a new Coffee Creamer at Wally World lastnight. Its Pumpkin spice. I didn't get any because I was afraid I wouldn't like it and be stuck with it. lol.

Have a Great Day Everybody!!!!!!!

Sassy_Chick
10-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Hi Ladies. Just thought I would post, in my own words an article I read. Its in the Family Circle. I got it in my email, I am subscribed to their Newsletter. ;)

5 Ways to "Spice Up" your work out

1.) Listen to your favorite Tunes. Music is a Great Motivator!

2.) Add some variation to your work out by trying the "Grapevine" "How to Grapevine: 1. Step your left leg across in front of your right leg. 2. Take your right foot to the right. 3. Step your left leg behind your right. 4. Repeat. Do one "Grapevine" every five minutes on your walk and alternate your right and left."

3.) Punch out your workout. Do some punches while you walk, not only does it help your workout, it can release some of that stress too! ;)

4.) Take your "Pooch" with you to help with your workout. I did this when we had a dog and it did motivate me a lot more! Also it had a good suggestion if you do not have a Dog, you could volunteer at your local pet shelter to walk some dogs or if you have an elderly neighbor who has a dog that they can't walk regularly.........

5.) Use walking sticks. You can increase your workout by 20 to 25 % by doing this. Also lean forward slightly, and swing the stick so that it is in sync with your right foot.

Other Ideas they had:

Change of scenery. Check out different routes online. "Go to usatf.org, click on "America's Running Routes," and pick a starting point anywhere in the U.S. At gmap-pedometer.com, input a route you plan to take and the program will calculate the mileage for you."

Monitor your heart rate/pulse with a heart rate/pulse monitor watch. It not only tracks beats per minute, it also calculates calories burned. They suggested the Mio Pink Monitor. "10 percent of the sales go the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation."

For more info pls check out the Family Circle Website. This article I read was "The Walking Workout", "5 ways to revamp your walking workout," written by Leslie Goldman, but I did rewrite it in my own words, except for the factual information, which are in quotes. ;)

Feel free to add on to this. We can all use ideas to make our work out more fun and enjoyable! I thought this would be a great start to get us "rolling on ideas" :)

:running:

Jane
10-03-2006, 05:58 PM
I'm back.... :D

I forgot to post on the challenge thread this AM, so while I'm here, I might as well chat, right?

Marti - well, at least now James knows what to do, and I hope the doc helps him. Hope you got your coffee.

Sassy - thanks for the tips. Aunt Flo doesn't stop at my house anymore, thank goodness. :D I love coupons, and feel like I really got something if I use one for 25 cents or more, lol. Then I'll turn around and blow money on something silly. Thank goodness your friends house isn't as bad as they thought. And for insurance, too!

Ladies, I am going to try and not get on the computer first thing in the mornings, until I get my housework done. I know, I know, I've said this before, but I really am going to try and get things done around the house before I do my "fun" stuff.

Until then..... :hug:

Sassy_Chick
10-03-2006, 06:06 PM
Hey all. Update on my friends house. He told a mutual friend that it started with a coffee pot. One of those that you program to start at a certain time and it was brand new. That is why I unplug mine. It doesn't even have the timer on it but one night I went into the kitchen and I noticed it was turned on and I wasn't making coffee. So I figured I better unplug it when its not in use and I'm glad I did. I know accidents do happen and all of that but if I can prevent something from happening, then why not?

Well I guess that is all for now, just thought I would let you all know.

FrouFrou
10-03-2006, 07:36 PM
Hello ladies...

So sorry for yet another fly by post. I thought I would have time to do my posting and ran out of time. Trying to cook dinner now and the timer just went off, ugh! Anyway, I promise to be here tomorrow after I go exercise and do individuals. I don't have any chores to get done other than clean the house, which I didn't get to today and go exercise. So...will be here tomorrow for sure. Now if I wake up at 3 a.m. this morning like I did today I may be on here real early, lol. Still going strong but I know once my head hits that pillow I will be out. Couldn't sleep because I was disappointed and thinking of Josh and his Unit but my day was brightened realy eary thanks to V! I'll explain tomorrow...

Hi to everyone! :wave:

Take care and I hope everyone had a nice day.

Sassy_Chick
10-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I think my hormones are raging here. I just am so angry and sad all at the same time!!!!!! :mad: :cry:

harkeyvalley
10-04-2006, 02:16 AM
Jane: Thank you so much for the postcard. You are so thoughtful! It sounds like you had a great time. I would love to go to Chicago. I'm a history buff and the Egyptian exhibition sounded great. I'm also into planetariums. Calvin and I need to plan a vacation there next year. Did you get your chores done? Or are you just sneaking a peak at 3fc. LOL

Cristina: You've got to get some sleep. You are going to make yourself sick worrying about Josh, getting his Christmas stockings together and everything else. I got your email address and I'll be sending Bryan's unit Christmas picture. I think I'll do like Jane and not pick things up but get a gift card so you can get what you need to finish the stockings.

Marti: I'm so sorry to hear about your hubby's back. I hope he gets the help he needs. I hurt my back in 1982, had surgery, and it's given me trouble since. Of course, being over weight didn't help my back any.

Sassy: Is your Aunt any better? I worry about stoke at my age everytime I get a massive headache. Thanks for the heads up about the coffee pot with clock. We have one like you described. The thought of our house burning down like your friends just terrifies me.

Sue: How's the sell of your house going? I've been gone and I didn't see anything about it. How's the decorating of the new house going? I hope you post more pictures. I'd love to see what you're doing with the place.

Well, as you can see, I'm back. We had a really good time. The weather was beautiful! We did an awful lot of walking and was really good at eating right. We had beef shiskabobs served on a flour tortilla and we shared one funnel cake. We went to the Demolition Derby and it was great. Before leaving we got a soft pretzel. Other than the subway lunch (lowfat menu) that's all we ate. FitDay showed we had about 1500 calories that day. I was really pleased. On Saturday we shopped and had lunch at Red Lobster. I had the calorie printout for the menu in my purse so we stayed below our calories allotted. My ankle didn't do as well and it swoll up again and I had to stay off it all day Sunday. The high pressure that came in with the heat wave hitting our state like to have killed me on Monday and I was in terrible pain with this infected ear. I've been on antibotics for a week. I thought my ear was getting better. Today, I'm fine. Just a little swelling of my ankle. Walking is out for a while. Good news, I lost another 1.5 lbs as of today. I guess my behaving myself at the fair paid off. I'm not going to change my ticker until my weekly weigh in on Thurdays.
I hope you all have a super week. It's good to be back
You all take care
Norma

dressagequeen
10-04-2006, 09:24 AM
Good Morning, All,

I have been busy at work and no time for browsing or posting. Bummer.

Since I have a few moments, I'll take a chance!

DD and I went to Devon, PA to see a big dressage horse show. Boy, the horses are gorgeous and I'm sure, very expensive. These people really know how to ride! I'll never get that good, but it was fun to dream... Saturday night was the big event of musical freestyle competition. Dressage is very lovely to watch, and with the music, it is even more lovely. We went up on Friday and left Sunday morning. It was a very expensive weekend for me, and I will re-think staying that long.

Back to work, and I have used up all my "use or lose" time, so this will be a full work week for me. Yikes.:^:

Hubby is still having problems with his pain, but we are on the right track - almost. It seems we take one step forward and two steps back. He was taking Methadone for his pain, but the side effects were too much. He was moody, very agitated (more than his normal!), and just generally difficult to deal with. The doctor told him to stop taking it - duh!! He is supposed to be getting a nerve block shot in the area of the pain. The doctors have found out that his piriformas muscle is swollen and squeezing his sciatic nerve or it's arthritis pushing on the sciatic nerve. Not sure which it is, so we are waiting for the next step from the doctors.

Take it easy, everyone!

Jane
10-04-2006, 12:11 PM
Hello ladies,

Sassy - are you moody because of aunt flo's visit, or is your anger because of something else? Whatever's going on, I hope you're better by the time you see this. :hug:

Cristi - I'm very curious what Vince did to brighten your day. Details, woman! We want details! :D

Norma - nope, I didn't get back on here until a few minutes ago, and am happy to say my work is done. If you saw my "egg" light on, it was Mary using my laptop. I need to be more careful to actually Logout when I leave here. YW for the postcard, and I do think anybody would love Chicago. There's so much to do there! And I personally found the people to be very friendly, and can't understand when I hear visitors say Chicagoans aren't friendly. I'm so proud of you for staying OP while on your trip, Norma. And a big WooHoo for the 1.5 down! :cp:

Liz - "dressage" was a new term to me, and now I finally understand your user name, lol. :yes: Yikes, I hope your DH gets some relief soon from the pain he's in.

Well, as I mentioned to Norma, I did get my housework done, and feel good about that. Now if I can only stick to the plan, lol. I got a call that my new glasses are ready, so I'm going to town in a little while to get those, and I also want to pick up some new Fall decorations while I'm out. I don't decorate for Halloween, just Fall, and hope it's not all picked over too badly.

Have a good one, ladies. :)

FrouFrou
10-04-2006, 02:48 PM
Hello ladies...

JANE...I am doing the reverse today. I have been trying to get all my cleaning done before getting on here but thought since I keep running out of time and have been busy with errands I would come here first. Well, after going to IF. Hope you can find some good fall decorations. When I went to Hobby Lobby last Friday they still had quite a few and because I couldn't find my little scarecrow I put on the porch I bough another. All their scarecrows and some other stuff were 50% off so I got it for $3. I don't decorate for Halloween either. The only thing different this year is I put a pumpkin flag out instead of the fall one I usually put out. I don't decorate inside...just put my fall wreath up, the scarecrow with two or three little pumpkins around it and a mini-flag. On Halloween night though I have three pumpkins that light up and I do put those on the porch for the night and some pumpkin lights around the door.

NORMA...WTG on the loss and for staying OP! :carrot: but sorry to hear about your ankle and your ear infection. I do hope both get better soon. :hug: And yeah, I know I need to quit worrying about Josh but it is so hard. Espeically when I know things are not good over there and a few weeks ago three guys were killed. He didn't know them but seeing them killed doesn't help any.

MARTI...yeah, ice REALLY helps the old back when it goes out. I left it on so long that my back felt numb but it felt so good and actually did make it better. So I hope James is feeling better today.

SASSY...sorry to hear of your friends house. Good thing the insurance is on top of it. And...we too have one of those coffee pots. Don't use it except in the winter months when DH likes to have a couple cups of coffee in the morning and some to take to work. But we do keep it plugged in all the time so thanks for sharing that.

LIZ...I love watching the horses too. They are so pretty the way the dance and prance. Sorry about your DH...do hope he gets to feeling better soon. :hug:

So...how V made my day yesterday: so I have been trying to get donations for the t-shirts or at least a discount. No one wants to do it. Well, I finally found a place that was willing to give a $1 discount which still wasn't enough of a discount for me to buy one t-shirt for $5.95 when I am needing a big amount. We were all but ready to give up on the t-shirts because right now $300 is a huge amount with Christmas coming and all I want to do. So he was talking with some of the guys at work, his boss overheard and said Hey, I think I can help. He is retired but the Air Force but can still go to the base to shop. They went online to the website and they had the 100% cotton brown t-shirts for $3.30 for a three pack! Yippee! V couldn't wait to call me to say we can get the t-shirts now! Not only can we get them we are getting them two each! Now how's that?! That just totally made my day. Cracked me up too that this is a 3-pack for $3.30 where the others were $6.95 originally for one. So he was going to have his boss order them for us today (we had to figure out how many in the different sizes to get) and have them shipped to us and that is taken care of. I know it may not seem like much to you ladies but this is something big for me because I feel I have to do something for these guys to let them know that people do care about them and appreciate them. Anyway, tomorrow I am getting the cameras and then I just have the little things to get and then can concentrate on Christmas here.

Guess now I have to go do some dreaded house work, lol! Take care ladies and have a good day!

Sassy_Chick
10-04-2006, 06:51 PM
Hey all. this is a quickie. I'm still feeling the same. Its hormones I know it is. With PCOS your Cycles are all messed up and the way mine works is I don't get one for months and months, then when I do get one, its like a tsunami and it lasts for months and months at times.

So that is why I am feeling this way, I know it is. So I don't want to bug you gals with it, as most of you go through simular with your time of the month and what not. We all go through something once in a while.........Its just nature..........

But I did just want to pop in and let you know whats up with me. Nothing new on Hub's Aunt.

Take Care.

Sassy_Chick
10-05-2006, 05:17 AM
Recipe Question?

Okay I made my pumpkin bread again, used Olive Oil. Now I have a question. I was reading about things you can use instead of eggs in recipes and it said you can use mashed bananas, applesauce, and pumpkin (there were lots of others but those were the ones I focused on). Anyways. My question is this: If Pumpkin can be used instead of eggs, then why does pumpkin bread need eggs for? Could it be okay without them completely?????

I'm questioning this because I forgot to put eggs into the bread, but I remembered as soon as I put it in the oven, so I quickly took it back out and added the eggs. But I was wondering if I hadn't have remembered, would it have been okay?

Thanks!

Marti
10-05-2006, 12:44 PM
Quick fly by hello!!! :wave:

Working OT everyday!! Gotta go.

Hugs:hug:

Jane
10-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Hello ladies,

Cristi - it IS a big deal to me, too, that you found shirts for the soldiers, and I think it's great that V's boss helped out. I don't know anyone except your son who is in Iraq, so this brings the war closer to me. As for worrying, I'm a worrier, too, and I just can't help it when it comes to my family. Sometimes when a particular worry gets to be too much, I turn it all over to God.

Sassy - so sorry about your cycle. :hug: Some things in life just aren't fair. As for the pumpkin bread, you did the right thing by adding the eggs to it. Eggs add volume, and they also serve as an adhesive to help hold it all together in baked goods. If you want to skip the cholesterol, I suggest you use Egg Beaters, instead.

Marti - don't work too hard!

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, yesterday didn't go as I had planned. Mary needed some help with the children - she was headed for a meltdown - so Neal and I kept all 3 kids from noon until when they woke up this morning. Mary needed a break, and so did the kids. Dale will be home this weekend, to celebrate Caylin's birthday, and has to take a train to get here. His car blew up, and that's why he hasn't been able to come home often. He is so homesick, and Mary and the girls miss him like crazycakes.

Today is my Mind, Body and Spirit meeting, and since I've missed the last 2, I'm really looking forward to going. I'm leading it today and most of our time will be spent on planning next Wednesday's dinner at the church.

Toodles for now..... :)

mkat321
10-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Hey ladies :wave: It's cold here, way cold. I'm supposed to get my first set of underArmor tomorrow. Can't wait. Then DH and I are going to 'test' them with a nice morning walk, and if my ankle can handle it, a bit of a jog.

Ugh. I wish AF would make up her darn mind. Dh was snipped & seared {sp?} and has a zero count, so she's got no excuse. But all I've gotten this month is two hours of her time, other than making me a crampier, grouchier and slightly more impatient mess than usual :( I am not fond of cramps, especially when they settle between my spinal and epidural sites and do NOTHING for me...

I'll post more personals when I have the time to settle in and read a bit, so hugs and prayers for now

Sassy_Chick
10-05-2006, 03:59 PM
Hi Gals.

Thanks Jane. Yeah I figured they were needed for something so I figured I better add them before it was too late! lol. I've used Egg Beaters before, that is a good idea. ;) I'm pretty used to my cycle by now. Its been this way since day one pretty much. But I figure everybody has to deal with something, right?

FrouFrou
10-05-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi ladies...

Sorry about being the 52nd post...I would start a new thread but for some reason coming here is sooooo slow. It was fine on other things, but here it is snail slow...don't know if it is the time of day or what.

Anyway, another busy day with errands, cleaning, walking and mowing the yard the reason I am here so late. I swear I just don't have enough time in the day lately.

SASSY...sorry about TOM! I don't have PCOS, just going through menopause I guess. I will goe month's without TOM and then have one and then nothing for a month or two. Just wish it would be done forever. Anyway, hope you are feeling better today.

JANE...did I miss something about Dale's job? Is he commuting long distance to work? I know how hard it is...first DH did that right before he passed. He would leave on Monday, come home on Wed and Friday or Sat depending on if he had to work the weekend. Of course I didn't have anyone to help me with the kids, wouldn't have been nice and I know Mary appreciates the help. Plus you guys get to enjoy your grandbabies. And speaking of grandbabies...how is Terry and Gina doing? Forgot to mention that we did get the lights and V put them up...glad he is handy like that. And...THANK YOU for the post card! :thanks: I think that would be a great place to have a JL's get-together!

Hi Judith...hope the armor works for ya. I too am not fond of the cramps and sometimes when I go months without TOM they seem to be worse when I do have a TOM. But what I have noticed is I am not so much PMS'ing anymore, not cranky except when I have the cramps, ugh.

MARTI...try not to work too hard, and I hope James is feeling better today!

Well, ladies almost time for my Jeopardy. That is usually my time to relax before cooking dinner. Still have a load of laundry to get out of the dryer too. Went and did my grocery shopping this morning and ran some other errands. Went to Penney's to get some red t-shirts for me and V to wear on Friday's. They had some for $4...can't believe it.

Hi to everyone else and I hope everyone is having a great day!

Jane
10-05-2006, 11:13 PM
See you at Weight Loss and Chit Chat #215. :)