Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2001, 07:47 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - September 17, 2001

Good morning lifers, soon-to-be-lifers, lurkers and everyone else. How was the weekend?

lala: Glad to hear you're going ahead with the celebration weekend. It's the right thing to do. You know despair has started to set in when you feel the need to check in on Molly Ringwald.

patch: Are you still on the East Coast? I can't imagine what last week must have been like for you. Kudos for taking care of yourself and getting exercise. Kinda keeps things on an even keel, doesn't it?

katie: How did your big weekend go? Hope you had fun.

laurel: Hugs from across the miles. You sound so down. Chin up OK?

melissa: Did you walk over the weekend? We're having perfect exercise weather lately, crisp mornings, sunny but cooler days - no excuse not to get out and do something.

Weighed in Saturday morning. Lost .4 lbs. Out of curiosity, I reviewed by weight loss record since reaching goal and found that I am currently 1.8 lbs over my lowest weight of 144.6 in Feb. 2000. Not bad, but that elusive goal of under 140 is still out there. I especially want to be lighter when I run with my 110 lb sister who seems to float gazelle-like above the ground while I lumber about like a deranged bear.

Later.
Old 09-17-2001, 08:55 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

Seasaw: Congratulations on the loss! I didn't get outside and do a lot of walking but did do a lot inside. I was on the go all day Saturday so I got a lot of walking in. I started off the morning by heading to the bowling alley with the kids (8:30 a.m.) and then from there we had errands to run. I typically park away from the buildings so I can get extra walking in. We did quite a bit of walking so hopefully that will help.

The temps here are perfect for walking. Today at noon we're holding a meeting that we've had to postpone several times last week due to the tragic events of last week. It's going to be a busy week for me and I'm hoping to get some walking in. Tonight is my yoga class and I'm looking forward to it.

Hope everyone had a good weekend!
Old 09-17-2001, 10:13 AM   #3  
LM

Good morning everyone.

seasaw thanks for the good words of cheer. I'm not happy to admit that I have been pretty much freaked out (as we used to say, but seems completely apropos) by last week's events. I'm afraid I've been dreading such an event since I was a small child. Not a nice feeling. But...we're all in this together and my own personal spiritual beliefs are helping too. One day at a time.

I also have a personal anxiety which is compounding my feelings. Which is that next week I have to go for a colonoscopy for some troubling symptoms. So I'm pretty much a bundle of nerves. Oy vey!!!!

And believe it or not, me the world-champion eater, has been having moderate appetite problems as a consequence. Not that I wasn't able to shove down several slices of pizza this weekend and toss back the peanut butter and jelly like anything, but not with much joy at all! And for some reason, the thought of eating vegetables (which considering next week's test and the need for a lovely clean colon would be a good thing) is revolting to me. Go figure...

Thanks for lending your ears, girls.

- Laurel
Old 09-17-2001, 03:34 PM   #4  
si, si signora

Hi all-

grey and icky here. I guess the laundry I put outside yesterday is not going to dry.

Thanks seesaw for starting this thread!

Well, I have had an eating weekend. It was not ugly, but not pretty. We had a friday night of monopoly and pizza with some friends that just didn't want to be by themselves. It was really relaxing. Saturday, these same friends came over for dinner: halibut, veggies and lemon tart (um,how many points is that?). The rest of the weekend we gardened and kevetched over whether or not we are going to london. We decided to go. I guess we have decided that our lives have to resume and right now I feel as if my wings are clipped.

Laurel: I am thinking about you and wishing there was something I could do other than wishing that everything will be okay. I come from a family of gas passers and head and neck surgeons, so your ailment is out of my scope.

Melissa: good luck with your yoga class!

kt: did you have a good time? I would have loved to escape from the newspaper and npr coverage for a few hours.

Patch: I am also thinking of you and your family. Are you still on the cape or have you made it back to LA?

everyone else: depending on my situation, I may or may not be around the next week. I will think of you all fondly as I order my coffee eclair and ponder : "quel est les values de "points" de cette eclair? I would send each and everyone one of you one- they are most excellent.

ci vediamo,

lala
Old 09-18-2001, 04:23 PM   #5  

Hello to all -
I am at home today - took the day off - DD had a field trip to an apple orchard/pumpkin patch in the am & I volunteered to help drive the kids there. I didn't feel like going into work, so I decided to take the day off. I actually did some housework (UGH! I hate to clean!! ), but I vacuumed, mopped the kitchen floor & did general picking up around the house.

The trip away last weekend was good - nice to get away from the sad events of last week - didn't watch any TV or read any newspapers over the weekend. Didn't eat too badly, plus got in a little hiking plus a good 3 mile walk on Saturday to counteract the extra calories. We brought the boat & DH was in his glory taking out 3 different boatloads of neighbors for a ride on the Mississippi. The log house we rented was quite nice - 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, plus a hot tub, fire pit, etc. It was pretty reasonable after splitting the cost among the 6 families.

Seasaw - congrats on the .4 loss - I know what you mean about getting under 140 - that's where I'd like to be as well.

lala - have a bon temp en France -

Hello to LM & Melissa and everyone else!

Take care all,
Old 09-19-2001, 08:30 AM   #6  

Good morning everyone!

It's dull and grey here this morning...the rain is supposed to move in and it's supposed to get pretty nasty weather wise.

My allergies/sinuses are acting up and it's been a challenge to breathe the past couple of days. I'm hoping the rain will wash away whatever pollen is contributing to my problem. I take Zyrtec and it doesn't seem to be helping too much.

Laurel: My girlfriend in FL just had one done; it's not the most pleasant thing but at the same time at least it will rule out what's going on. My thoughts are with you!

Katie: Sounds like you had a productive day off. I'd love to take advantage of a day like that. The only problem is getting rid of everyone in the house *sigh*

Today's my meeting day and I'm looking forward to a little uplift. I purchased a new 12 week journal and for the life of me can't find it. I probably put it "some place safe" so I think I'll get another one since I'm unable to locate the one I purchased last week!

Happy Hump Day everyone
Old 09-19-2001, 09:10 AM   #7  
LM

Good morning!

It's been so beautiful and crisp and cool and sunny - so why do my thoughts turn to the right kind of FOOD for the weather??? I guess the ol' appetite is returning, didn't make much of a departure to tell the truth. Well, I was in the grocery store the other day chatting with a neighbor in the Goya aisle and happened to spot a bag of "16 Bean soup mix". It looked so good I had to grab it and plan to make a lovely bean soup this week. I do find the cooler weather easier in terms of healthy eating. I guess it's because ice cream doesn't seem as tempting.

Melissa & Lala thanks for the words of encouragement about the colonoscopy thing. I later wondered if I should have "shared", but to tell the truth it did help unburden some of the anxiety I'm feeling about it. So thank you for your ears. I'm not so worried about the actual test and "compromising position", but the results. Anyway, we shall see what will be.

Hope everyone's week is going well.

- Laurel
Old 09-19-2001, 02:06 PM   #8  

Good afternoon, ladies:

Well, it rained last night & continues into the day today - quite dark & gloomy - - SOOO hard for me to get my butt out of bed this morning.

LM- I hope you're keeping your mind on other things besides the colonoscopy. I know it's hard, though - last fall I had a mammogram & had to go back so they could take another picture - that didn't show anything, but still felt lumpy - never seemed to find anything, but it was a little nerve-wracking. I still wonder if there was something there or not. Reminds me to make another appointment for another mammogram next month.

Melissa - I hope you have good news at the scale. I weigh in tonight but I don't expect a loss - those weekends out of town do me in.

I don't know if you guys remember that I went to WW leader trng in July. Well, I started doing my own meetings a couple of weeks ago & I am really liking it so far. Lots of paperwork & procedures, so my brain is jumbled from information overload! It is pretty rewarding - I had a lady who joined at my first meeting & she told me at her weigh-in that following week that I was "with her" her entire first week. She had a great first week weigh in & was so happy she hugged me! That made me feel great!

Not too much else new going on around here. Still hard for me to believe all the events that took place last week - maybe because I feel far away from it all or maybe I'm just in denial.....

Later,
Old 09-19-2001, 04:15 PM   #9  

It's really trying to rain here. Over the lunch hour there were a couple of sprinkles but nothing much. My luck it will start to pour at 4:30 when it's time to go home!

Katie: My trip to the scale wasn't all that great. I was up 1.8# this week bringing me to the top of my goal I know part of this is due to TOM beginning next week and it may be water related. The other part of the picture is the mindless eating/BLT's. I have been journaling but haven't been as diligent with my BLT's. Those buggers can sneak up on ya! The weekends are tough on me too. I need to get them under control and do something constructive.

Laurel: I agree! I tend to eat much better in the fall/winter season and I think that's because I tend to fill up on more soups that are low point and that helps me to feel full longer. I was hankering for bean soup today since the weather was cool and dark.

I've been toying with the idea of training to be a receptionist at WW...I have the form in my planner just haven't turned it in. I think it would be a great opportunity for me to stay motivated and to do something different. Any thoughts?

Lala: I hope you get to go on your trip and get to enjoy every minute of it! We'll think of you as well!

Hope everyone is having a good day
Old 09-20-2001, 08:20 AM   #10  

Good morning ladies!

Well, I gained .4 pounds last night at my meeting. Those weekends away still are difficult for me, but I am happy it was only .4 - I did do some extra munching plus indulged in wine that I normally don't do.

Melissa - If you can fit it in, I would definitely recommend it. I became a receptionist last year within a month after getting back to my goal weight. I didn't want to gain the weight back again & knew that, for me, staying connected to WW was the best way. It is rewarding to see people get to their goals plus an added perk is getting the products at half price !

Last edited by kt marie; 09-20-2001 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-20-2001, 02:18 PM   #11  

Hi all. It's good to be safely back here on the West Coast. But I guess "safe" can be relative.

Katie what wonderful news to hear you're doing your own meetings! What's it like? It's so good to hear that you're out there giving such great support. Keep us posted!

Laurel While I haven't had the experience myself, it's got to be unerving to go through a procedure like a colonoscopy. But as everyone else has said, far better to know and treat than worry about what it could be. And if not here to air our worries and concerns - where else?

By cutting myself off from you all, and not checking in...I pretty much guaranteed that I had very few avenues available to release my feelings, reactions, etc. during some tough times.

I'm still feeling the feelings - but just knowing it does not have to destroy all the work and effort I've put in to maintaining - is keeping me (foodwise) sane.

Melissa I think these past couple of weeks have been very tough. I read that well over 50% of the American population is depressed and there's an undercurrent of fear. I think all of us are doing very well - considering - At least we're acknowledging our struggles, and our teeterings - so many out there can't even do that. Perhaps we need to be a bit kinder to ourselves and realize that this stuff really does affect us.

Seasaw Congrats on the .4 weight loss. Wow. Only 1.8 lbs over your lowest weight of 144.6. That's just great. And Seasaw, you will get to that goal of under 140, if that's what you want. But remember it's in your time, nobody elses. And the closer one gets, we all know how it can be a bit tougher to lose. Hang in there.

Lala Oooo lala!!! Hope you're having a great time.

Last edited by patch30; 09-20-2001 at 02:21 PM.
Closed Thread