100 lb. Club - What's in your Lunchbox today?

View Full Version : What's in your Lunchbox today?

tolose85
09-26-2006, 12:04 PM
Haven't done this for awhile.. I always like to see what others are eating!

Today I'm having a salad (no spinach) with culiflower, broccoli, pickled culiflower, onions, tomatoes, red cabbage and a few white meat grilled chicken pieces. For desert, chuncks of watermelon, cantelope, honeydew and red grapes. YUMMY!

ok let's hear it.....

SuchAPrettyFace
09-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Our Chinese place we order from has diet plates, no salt, steamed with scallion, garlic ginger wine, & lemon. Comes with white rice. Today I am getting chicken w/veggies, to celebrate my first day back at work. :)

lovinlifex2
09-26-2006, 01:21 PM
For me it's a turkey sand on ww bread with lettuce, tomato and mustard - multi grain wheat thins and a bananna.

Sandi
09-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Turkey w/ cheese on Whole Wheat & grapes

Lovestorun
09-26-2006, 01:42 PM
1/2 chicken salad sandwich on WW bread
1 cup of homeade chicken noodle soup.. yum yum :)

Have a great day.:carrot:

jillybean720
09-26-2006, 01:46 PM
Today was a South Beach frozen meal--Caprese chicken and veggies (broccoli and cauliflower).

Frozen meals are not an everyday thing, though...yesterday, I had some homemade turkey meatballs with chili sauce and grape jelly (YUM!) :cool:

nelie
09-26-2006, 01:58 PM
My meal is a little sad today...

I'm trying to bring myself back to "normal". Last week was horrid, I let TOM get the best of me. So I'm doing liquid meals (UltimateMeal or protein shakes or a mix of both) for breakfast, lunch and snacks. For dinner, I'm eating a well portioned balanced dinner. I don't know why but I find on the days that I eat liquid meals, I do much better and resist temptation better. I also don't do it every day but every few days I like doing it.

LisaMarie71
09-26-2006, 02:18 PM
I had a pretty disgusting frozen dinner. I like some of the Smart Ones dinners, but the Grilled Mandarin Chicken was not too pleasant. I ate part of it, because honestly it tasted a lot better than it smelled. When it was cooking my coworkers looked at me like I was crazy. I told them I'm sorry, but it appears that I'm having dead squirrels with rice in a zesty orange sauce today. That was a pretty accurate description of the aroma emanating from the microwave.

So after I ate part of that, I had some fat-free Pringles and a small York peppermint patty. Yum!

YP1
09-26-2006, 02:45 PM
Today and tomorrow are the same - a couple of wholemeal pittas filled with houmous, roast red peppers and rocket. Absolutely delicious.

Kimphin
09-26-2006, 03:03 PM
I told them I'm sorry, but it appears that I'm having dead squirrels with rice in a zesty orange sauce today. That was a pretty accurate description of the aroma emanating from the microwave.

That made me laugh hysterically!!! I'll try not to buy that one!

Sheila53
09-26-2006, 03:27 PM
Lisa, :lol:

Helen, what's rocket? You've mentioned it before, and I keep meaning to ask you.

I had leftover salad (romaine, carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, red cabbage) from last night with added green olives and leftover grilled chicken followed by an apple and preceded by a Fiber One muffin (recipe on LWL forum).

YP1
09-26-2006, 03:29 PM
rucola, arugla, rocket... it's a peppery leafy type thing (http://www.uni-graz.at/~katzer/engl/Eruc_sat.html) that goes by a multitude of names.

lilybelle
09-26-2006, 05:01 PM
I had home-made chicken salad without bread. Had a tablespoon of peanut butter for a snack.

~~Sunshine~~
09-26-2006, 05:12 PM
Sonic grilled chicken salad!

BreakingFree
09-26-2006, 06:39 PM
I had a chicken wrap I can buy here where I work: white meat chicken chunks, jalapenos, pico de gallo, black beans, roasted red pepper, cucumber, carrot, green bell pepper plus something I'm probably forgetting (they're not using fresh spinach at the moment) w/ roasted red pepper sauce (I need to find out what's in that). After all that I was too full to have my apple!

KateRN
09-26-2006, 06:46 PM
skillet cooked diced scallops and shrimp with a spicy korean marinada in a thin torilla wrap.... mmmmm

Heather
09-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Homemade mushroom barley soup. [YUM!]

And a turkey sandwich with light cheese in a whole grain pita.

Sort of "early lunch" and "late lunch"

Oh, and my standby carrot sticks.

JasonsLea
09-27-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm a simple gal. I had a homemade roast beef sandwich (wheat bread of course!) with a slice of 2% sharp cheese along with a 32 oz cup of ice water. I usually have a sandwich everyday for lunch. I leave it in the car and the cheese gets to this amazing gooey state that makes me drool!:T

Br00klyn
09-27-2006, 01:56 AM
Always loved this thread! :)

Today for me was Chicken Breast over Fat-Free Ceasar Salad and a Green Tea - YUMMY!

jillybean720
09-27-2006, 05:38 AM
Anyone and everyone is welcome to join us in the "Journal Buddy" thread here in the 100lb Club--then you get to see what others eat for every meal, every day! :) It's great for ideas sometimes when you're stuck in a rut, or just for new recipe/combination ideas.

djs06
09-27-2006, 10:30 AM
oooh it's always good to see ideas because lunch can get so boring!!!

Today I have fresh mozzerella and tomatoes on a soft white roll, and a plum.

wordbunny
09-27-2006, 11:59 AM
Today I've got a cold so I'm having vegetable alphabet soup & some reduced fat triscuits. Nothing makes you feel better like soup!

SuchAPrettyFace
09-27-2006, 12:12 PM
oooh it's always good to see ideas because lunch can get so boring!!!

Today I have fresh mozzerella and tomatoes on a soft white roll, and a plum.OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, yum!!!

Today I did not pack a lunch. :( I will let you know.

kykaree
09-28-2006, 01:50 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Authentic-Indian-Lunch-Box-Steel-Tiffin-Small_W0QQitemZ300027575204QQihZ020QQcategoryZ1170 3QQcmdZViewItem

I bought one of these!!! It's so cool, in the top tier today we have low fat ham (the cat had some for breakfast!!!), in the middle tier we have a cracked wheat and pomegranate salad, and in the bottom tier we have cherry tomatoes and baby mozzarella!

SwimGirl
09-28-2006, 02:19 AM
I brown bagged yesterday and had leftover stirfry with broccoli, carrots, garlic and beef strips in a curry sauce on rice. It was pretty yummy, and low fat because I used 1% milk for the sauce!

-Aimee

tolose85
09-28-2006, 08:53 AM
Today-- not the best of choices: Light Peach Yogurt and a WW veggie pizza. I was in a hurry this morning!

LisaMarie71
09-28-2006, 11:10 AM
I'm always in a hurry when I throw lunch together, so it's almost always either a frozen microwave meal or a plain turkey sandwich and some fat-free Pringles. I know I should cut up some veggies or make a salad or do some other healthy thing, but somehow that just never happens. Oh, and I only get about 20 minutes to eat my lunch anyway, because I'm a teacher. Sometimes I don't even have that much time!

Anyway...today I'm going to have a Lean Cuisine -- the Sweet and Sour chicken one. It's pretty good! At least I'm getting a few morsels of vegetables in there. I'll probably have a 100-calorie pack of Chips Ahoy for dessert. I'm all about the 100-calorie packs.

tolose85
09-28-2006, 01:20 PM
LisaMarie- I'm usually about the 100 calorie packs, the 100 calorie anything, the FF stuff, the Lean Cuisine, WW Meals, WOW chips etc.. Sometimes I feel like all that stuff is just Wrong-- Everyone talks about eating healthy and whole foods. No processes, no sodium etc. In reality, I don't think I can eat that way-- My thought is calorie in calorie out. Doesn't matter what kind of calorie it is... I know that's up for great debate. But I know if I want to stick to this, I've got to be able to eat what I like just in a smaller portion-- that could literally be anything, that would fit into my daily caloric goals. I guess I just got myself a little off topic here. I feel like an outcast at times, because, I'm just not in to the whole food, super food thing. Maybe I should be.. ?

chubs107
09-28-2006, 01:45 PM
I had a roasted chicken breast (skin-less of course) that was marinated in chipote peppers and lime and 1/2 of a baked sweet potato. I cook on Sundays for the entire week, that was I can't say I don't have lunch ready when I'm in a hurry to leave in the morning and that I'm too tiered to cook when I get home to eat healthy!! Dinner is always a huge salad and some protein.

Sheila53
09-28-2006, 02:37 PM
Salad w/ff feta cheese and lite balsamic vinagrette dressing, 2 deviled eggs (thanks to Zocor, I can eat yolks again :) ) made w/ff mayo, and some grapes

Nori71
09-28-2006, 04:10 PM
A left-over baked potato with l-f sour cream on it, some cottage cheese & a few almonds. Could it get any more blah or bland??? Usually I'm a little more "colorful"...

DNR
09-28-2006, 05:05 PM
My lunch and afternoon snack today was 1 carton of Weight Watchers yogurt (lemon), 2 cups of mixed fruit (cantalope, grapes, strawberries, pineapple), approx. 1 1/2 cups of baby carrots and 15 pretzel twists. I've also had 1 Diet Coke and 2 bottles of water so far and I'll have another bottle at dinner and another one after dinner.

DNR

LisaMarie71
09-28-2006, 05:18 PM
My thought is calorie in calorie out. Doesn't matter what kind of calorie it is... I know that's up for great debate. But I know if I want to stick to this, I've got to be able to eat what I like just in a smaller portion-- that could literally be anything, that would fit into my daily caloric goals. I guess I just got myself a little off topic here. I feel like an outcast at times, because, I'm just not in to the whole food, super food thing. Maybe I should be.. ?

Gretchen, I'm SO with you on this! I never really post what I'm eating because I'm ashamed that it's not super healthy! I do eat fruits and veggies and yogurt and I choose wheat bread, not white, and all that -- BUT...the majority of the time, I'm just eating smaller portions or lower-calorie versions of what I like. I'm not stupid -- I know as much about nutrition as the next girl -- but I know what I'll stick to. And there's NO way I'll stick to a diet full of unprocessed foods, no matter how much I know that would be better for me. For me, it's about being realistic. I try to squeeze more natural foods in all the time, and I want to slowly shift to that, but I'm certainly not going to go cold turkey. I'll be eating fat-free Pringles and 100 calorie Ritz mix for quite a while. :lol: Good to know someone else feels the same way!

chubs107
09-29-2006, 09:39 AM
I love the 100 calorie pringles!!! They are the best!! I could have eaten a whole can of regular pringles!! So when the snack pack came out I was very happy, something to make me control the portions.. well now that they have the 100 calorie packs I'm in heaven!! I try to eat as healthy as I can and still live in the real world. I don't want to deprive myself of things that I love and then fall off the wagon.. this time I'm going to stick to it!! There is nothing wrong with eating the "foods we love" as long as it is done in moderation and it's a treat not the norm!! It about being healthy not just losing weight!! You are right Lisa, no one is stupid here we all know what we "should" be eating. You just aren't ready to take that step yet, just know that when you are.. you can always have those Ritz 100 calorie packs as a treat on occasion... they don't have to be an everyday thing.

We all make choices!! We create our destiny with what we choice to do. When you look and the mirror and you don't like what you see, you made that choice to look that way!! No one MADE you drive thur McDonalds!! BUT, when you look in the mirror and see how great you look and how great you feel.. it was all YOU!! You made that happen!!! Be proud of your choices!!

Good luck to everyone!! I'm very glad to see that we are all looking at what we are choosing to stick in our months, that is the first step!!!

Charbar
09-29-2006, 02:37 PM
homemade chicken salad (left over shredded chicken breast & T of real mayo and diced onions) on whole wheat bread topped with cucumber