Exercise! - How can I tone up my chest?

View Full Version : How can I tone up my chest?

Neleh
09-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Hey girls, I could do with a bit of advice from you, I'm expecting a mixed response as I know that some people say that working on one particular part of the body can't really be done, but I want to give it a try as I'm finding it really frustrating.

The problem is my chest, I have always had big breasts, and am currently a 40DD (UK), the issue I have is that even though I've lost 35 pounds and alot of it off my chest they aren't shrinking (I've been a 40DD for a while now), well they are getting a bit smaller, but only inside all my loose skin. Its horrible because they're beginning to be kind of wrinkly and I can pinch a large bit of skin between my fingers really easily. Not sexy at all.

I read somewhere that things like swimming is good for this, but I can't afford to go swimming regularly, at the moment I do 40 mins a day on my bike, and then lift weights too. I guess what I want to know is if there are any exercises, stretches etc I can do to tone them up? Thanks.

2frustrated
09-26-2006, 10:41 AM
I used to have a similar problem with loose skin on my girls, they've tightened up a little bit now.

However, exercises for pecs include: Dumbbell flyes (lie on a bench and bring your arms straight out in the crusifix position, then keeping your arms straight, bring the dumbbells together above your chest) Bench press, either with dumbbells or a barbell, hold dbs at shoulder level, then push up to straighten arms.

You might want to try www.exrx.com for muscle-specific exercises and little videos.

Neleh
09-27-2006, 05:59 AM
I will have to work on them then, gives me hope that its worked out for you hehe, I will shrink my boobies!