Simply Filling/Core - What is your favorite salad dressing??

mama_penguino
09-25-2006, 02:00 PM
I made the roasted garlic dip/dressing out of the Turn around cookbook, but it was a bit too strong. Maybe I'll use a smaller garlic bulb next time. Soooo- what is your favorite salad dressing recipe or bottled dressing??? Mama

nelnel
09-25-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't like alot of dressing on my salad so I love the wishbone salad spritz it is perfect for me. I like all three but Italian is the one I use the most.

ontarget
09-25-2006, 08:35 PM
i like fat free raspberry dressing (not vinegarette).

Vickie
09-26-2006, 10:32 AM
I have two favorites; one is bottle and the other is homemade.

The bottled flavor is Henry's FF honey dijon. It's the best of the honey dijon's that I've tried.

The homemade is my mother's FF thousand island. It didn't start out FF but I modified it for Core. If you ever really want a decadent salad dressing to serve to company...make it with all full fat ingredients. I'm not sure if chili sauce is considered Core but I consider it to be Core enough.

Here's the link. You should definitely check out the recipes on our board. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49332&page=2

Elanajel
09-28-2006, 10:05 AM
Homemade vinaigrette:

Mash some garlic w/finely-ground sea salt
Add some fresh lemon juice or red wine vinegar
Whisk in Dijon mustard, celery seed and a bit of chili pepper
Drizzle in a measured amount of olive or flax oil

Shake it all up! Modify any of the spices acc. to your taste.

andreaphilip3
09-29-2006, 05:53 PM
home made tho isl.

equal parts ff miracle whip to ketchup, and pickle juice

kaplods
09-30-2006, 05:34 AM
I REALLY HATE most reduced calorie dressings, but I love rice wine vinegar. It is so mild, I can even use it plain, although I usually season it with a little Splenda and garlic and either italian seasoning or soysauce and ginger.

Or I'll dilute full fat dressings with skim milk or rice wine vinegar until they have 25 calories or less per tablespoon.

andreaphilip3
10-01-2006, 02:18 PM
i make my own w ff miracle whip ketchup and dill p juice.