WW Clubs and Groups - #168 Bale of Turtles cookin' up a storm!

Itryharder
09-24-2006, 04:44 PM
:carrot: :welcome3: We are the Turtle Group here at 3fatchicks.com. We welcome you to join us as we work toward good health and fitness in a persistent manner. As our inspiration we use the race between the turtle and the hare where the turtle was the victor because he didn't give up. We believe in keepin' on even when the odds are against us. We believe in giving each other support. Good luck to us all.!
Judy Itryharder
(for Lin and Lauren!)

Itryharder
09-24-2006, 04:49 PM
HI Turtles,
I was able to start this new thread, but I encourage you to check back in thread 167 because a lot of important information was written right at the very end.
Ariana, I am so glad your doc thinks you are fine. It must be a huge relief. I am also so proud of you that you continue to lose weight even though you've had this huge challenge hanging over your head. Good for you. :hug:
Princess, :hb: hope you had a good one. :hug:
Chris, Yes, it looks like it's time to clue in the rest of your family that you are extremely busy and may not be able to bail them out all the time. It shouldn't be assumed that you'll be able to do it all. :hug:

I've used up all my 35 points for the week and WI is on Wed. morning so I am working really hard at staying on Core. Wish me luck because I'd love to get a weight loss this week. PS My dd and I went bridal gown shopping yesterday and got a gown for her that is spectacular. I am so happy for her.
Judy :cool:

chrily
09-24-2006, 06:34 PM
I need to sit down and define my weight loss goals again, and come up with a menu plan, exercise plan, etc and just stick to the D*mn thing. Not doing so hot with it. I wish their was a website that offered WW menus that was also free.... If anyone knows of one, let me know.

I'm going...gotta fold some laundry.

chris

Itryharder
09-24-2006, 07:42 PM
Gee Chris,
I don't know about menus, but 3fatchicks has fabulous recipes that are WW friendly and right on the WW site on 3fat.... there is a recipe thread that is really great.
Can you make it simple right now and have stock ingredients in the house like eggs, skim milk, LF cereal for breakfast, have low point bread available for toast in the morning and/or a sandwich for lunch. Keep stocked up on tuna and lean meats, fruit and lots of veggies--frozen ones are great because they don't go bad. Make up a soup for yourself to keep in the fridge and that will help you with the munchies. I know you can do this. :grouphug:
and :cp: :bravo: you can do this!
Judy

chrily
09-24-2006, 09:59 PM
One of my problems with dieting, well eating(period) is that I am allergic to yeast and wheat. That cuts out alot of options.

Hubby is breathing down my neck. He has some auctions ending on eBay. Gotta go. LOL :D

chris

Princess1122
09-25-2006, 11:18 AM
Morning all, I hope that everyone had a great weekend... and thanks to everyone for their supportive words - Judy and Ariana - I really appreciate your support and words of wisdom.

The weigh in went ok... not what I had hoped for but I will take it and keep going... I was down 3.2 lbs but needed 6 to hit my halfway point... I had not W/I last week due to the bike tour and my scale really lead me to believe that I was down 6 or just about 6 lbs. But the scale lied :D . But I will take it and I got another star since I had hit my 30 lb mark.

We did end up going out to supper and it was nice... I got some new winter sweaters and a gift card for my birthday and they were all much needed gifts so I was very happy.

I have to run but will check back in later on!
Susan

bandit2
09-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Hi everyone & Happy Birthday Princess - hope you had a great day.

Judy - good luck with keeping on track til Wed - I know you can do it.

Survived my hotel stay & went to curves 2 times in Toronto & walked there as well. Got in some swimming as well. Missed my w/i but hopefully will have some loss this Friday.

Everyone sounds motivated, so keep up the good work & talk soon.

Ariana2000
09-25-2006, 04:56 PM
Chrily -- thank you. I appreciate it. And I think it might help to be straightforward with your siblings and friends, and make it known that you're feeling the strain...keep it non-argumentative, and they may respond well. It's worth a try. Women in general are not good at saying No, and it's something we all need to learn to do for our own sanity. Re WL plan: Judy had some great suggestions. I would also go so far as to suggest doing some healthy food prep on the weekend -- i.e. I cut up fruits and veggies for the week on the weekend, even pre-wash fruit like apples -- I find that, the easier it is to eat my fruits and veggies, the more likely I am to eat them. I also agree with Judy's suggestion of keeping it simple -- each meal does not have to be a complex affair, cereal or instant (no sugar or weight loss type) oatmeal is good for breakfast, etc. -- I used to eat veggie soup and a 1-pt tortilla with LF cheese for a slim lunch. Also, if there are many sugary temptations in your house, you may see if you can eliminate them, if that's your thing, or keep a healthier substitute around (i.e. I keep blue bunny ice cream bars in the fridge, no pudge brownie mix (instant/one serving) in the pantry and dark chocolate kisses (one for lunch, one for dinner) -- and nothing more -- I don't keep regular fat ice cream or sweets anywhere in sight. The closest I come is a box of regular brownie mix for an unexpected potluck.)

Princess: Happy Belated Birthday! 3.2 pounds is great, even over two weeks -- 1.65 pounds a week is GREAT! You don't want to lose it too fast anyway, your skin doesn't adapt as well to rapid weight loss.

Bandit: Glad you survived your hotel stay and did some workout.

As for me, ladies, not much is new...I went a greek festival Saturday night, mostly eating and watching people do greek dances. I didn't go crazy, and it was my SHD, so that should be okay. Did a little shopping on Sunday, didn't eat at the food court (another victory), and didn't spend more money than I intended (and another victory.) Got a little sewing in last night, and finished my current scrap quilt -- I thought I sent the picture to myself here at work, but I guess not -- I'll show it to you guys later this week. Other than that, nothing new.

Take care, ladies, TTYL!

Judy -- thank you very much. It is a big relief! And thank you -- the WL is nice, all things considered...working out and sewing was definitely a sanity saver during the last few weeks, and especially last week. Good luck with sticking to core. It must be hard -- I admire you for doing it.

Itryharder
09-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Hi Turtles,
Princess, Congrats on having such a nice :hb: and a great weight loss. It is wonderful that you are down more than 32#. You are doing great. I remember when you joined this site and now here you are down so much in weight. Weigh to go! I know the frustration with the home scale and ww's scale. I finally put my scale in the closet--it's a smaller version of the doctor type and I thought it was pretty accurate. Well, it was setting me up. If I did well and didn't lose, I'd question whether I could lose weight. If I lost weight on my scale, then I'd relax for the next few days and then lose the momentum I had had going to lose weight. Egads. So, for now I've got it in my closet and I hope to keep it there. The last two Tuesdays I got it out to see how I was doing and that didn't work because the scale was out of balance from being dragged back and forth . LOL

Bandit, wow! You really worked the program although you were away from home. I think that's fabulous! WEigh to go! And good luck on your upcoming WI. :goodscale:

Ariana, you've got lots of good ideas. When you help Chris, you help me too because you are offering new ideas or helping out by reminding me of things that I used to do that work. Keep up the good work. :idea:

Chris, here's a :grouphug: to keep you going.

All of us--lets keep on keepin' on and be well and happy.
Judy

Princess1122
09-26-2006, 09:41 AM
Judy: I agree, scales are the most difficult things! As always, thanks for your encouraging words, they mean a lot to me.

Ariana: I forgot to tell you how happy I was to hear your news that the doctors think that all is well. You know, the same thing happened to me, they could feel it but it did not show up on the mammogram. I will tell you what the doctor in the radiology office told me... cause mine actually hurt at one point... He told me that while he was not telling me to take it or supporting it in anyway that many of his other clients that had similiar situations as me took and swore by an herbal suppliment call "Evening Primrose Oil" (EPO) he said that it was known to reduce the discomfort that the lumps or whatever could cause. So I bought some and have been taking it ever since... I don't have the pain or discomfort at all anymore, not sure if you had that side effect or not but it was a big relief to me. I guess the EPO has a anti inflamatory and bit of blood thining abilities and it really helps keep the lumps down and takes care of any discomfort associated with them. My last mammo was clear and he said that the breast tissue was in very good shape so it must be working somewhat since I had been told before that my breast tissue was very dense.

Chris: how are you doing?

Have to run but will check back later on.
Susan

chrily
09-26-2006, 01:37 PM
Morning...((YAWN)) I'm back at my sister's house and watching the 3 littlest ones while they are at work and the other kids are at school. I did talk to my sister about next week and told her I can't babysit for her. She's going to check with her MIL and see if she can make some other arrangements. I told her it was too much and that I had a family and a house and homework that need my attention too. Let see if she got the hint.

I'm going to the dr. today for my back finally. I'll see if they can't figure out something. It hurts pretty much 24/7 anymore. Part of it might be from stress. who knows. Of course, I got blasted with another stressor last night. DH got called last night by an old friend (female) that is in town and wants to see him. I asked him if he was going to see her and he said no. It's not really her I'm worried about, it's her friend. Her friend was my Dh's old girlfriend. I guess I'm just a worrier. I don't feel that confident about myself and that translates to not feeling confident about everything else.

Enought of my private life. I did get to the gym last night and walked on the treadmill for 35 min. I read my textbook while my sister lifted weights. I wasn't going to do anymore damage to my back. And...BONUS!!! I only at 28 pts yesterday. I measured everything and stayed away from the bad food :devil:. Today I'm trying to behave too. I doubt I'll get to the gym tonight but I think I'll just walk on the treadmill at home.

Gotta go. I need to read my Economics, History, English and Accounting chapters. Nothing like a good book! or two! or three! :D

chris

chrily
09-26-2006, 07:24 PM
OMG! Next blow. DH just called me. He got suspended from his job with pay, pending an investigation. Him and another tech haven't been doing their daily deposits and so they got suspended. DH usually makes his deposits once a week because it is just too time consuming to do it everyday. Granted he is really super disorganized and I've told him that he needs to keep his stuff straightened out and together so maybe that's part of it. Anyhow, He is p.oed, and I feel like I swallowed that damn rock again. When in the world are things going to get better.

Gonna go...

Chris

Princess1122
09-27-2006, 10:23 AM
Happy hump day! It is a very pretty day here in Indy this morning but I hear that we have some nice large, hail filled storms on the way for later today... should be fun.

Well I worked out last night and increased the weight amount so I am really feeling it in my back today... ouch! But as always it lets you know that you are moving in the right direction so as long as it follows a work out and is not too bad... is it a productive pain. And I really pushed my muscles to a new limit in my Monday night Pilates class and tried to us a much higher level of control so I am feeling a bit of that also today. Aleve here I come =)

DH and DS had it in their heads that they wanted to go to Skyline Chili last night for their all you can eat thing that they do every Tuesday night so I had jumped on Dotties website to check out my options in the restaurant section (very handy tool) and found out that my options were very limited so I had a deluxe burrito for a whopping 15 points and went home hungry... they on the other hand went home with full bellies after stuffing themselves with a bunch of 3-way chilis... I am supposed to meet friends for supper this evening and have looked at the menu for the place that we are going and they have better options but I still need to really watch my points during the day today to accomidate the higher then normal ones at supper.

Chris: That is just gut wrenching about your DH... I fear that all the time with my DH or with me... we could not lose a paycheck right now... at least he is being paid for his time off but I know that does not make it easier on you. Best wishes for a good outcome.

Judy: How are you doing this week?

Ariana: I'll bet you are busy with work again... looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilt.

Bandit: What is new in your neck of the woods?

Have to run but will check in later on.
Susan

bandit2
09-27-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi turtles - just chugging along up here. Nice sunny day today.

Last night my gf came over for our weekly dinner & we walked to nearby restaurant & I had a big salad with side veggies & it was very filling & I had some leftovers of the salad which I brought for lunch today. So, good choice for me at restaurant.

This weekend is the Breast Cancer Walk which I am walking with a group from my Curves - so that should be lots of fun.

Hoping for a good w/i on Fri since I think I have been pretty good this week.

Hope everyone else is OP & having fun doing it.

chrily
09-27-2006, 01:07 PM
I think DH has decided that even if they let him come back,he's not going to. Their policies are getting ridiculous and he's about had it with all of it. He was even telling me about a meeting they had a month ago. All the technicians had to sign papers that stated they were not allowed to drink anything while driving, use their cellphones, have their computer terminals open, etc. or they can be terminated. How stupid is that? Anyhow, we do have our own appliance repair business that he started last year so he's just going to pump that up and fly on his own. The hard part is insurance. No one wants to cover a self-employed person who has a wife with rheumatoid arthritis. I guess that's one of those no no disease they hate to cover. We can get it at a higher premium through Blue Cross but I'd be on a rider where I'd have to be a pre-existing condition for a year without coverage. Probably better than nothing.

Anyhow....we are okay with whatever outcome happens. His district manager had him empty his van out and took his keys and cellphone yesterday.

I did get to my chiropractor visit yesterday. Not really a believer in them and frankly the guys scare me but I went. It hurt like h*ll when he cracked my lower back into place and it was LOUD but I can bend today and it didn't hurt as much sleeping. He said to give it a couple days because my muscles were so tight that they're going to be sore.

Well I better get back to my homework. I have all the 3 littlest kids again today for awhile so I use this time to kind of catch up on my homework.

Chris

Ariana2000
09-27-2006, 04:22 PM
Judy -- I think keeping the scale in the closet is a solid, solid plan. I weight myself once a week, only -- if I do it more often, you run into the same problems you described. Re My Ideas: thank you SO MUCH. It means a lot to me that I am helping even one person, much less two. I have learned a lot from you guys, and I want to give back! ;D

Chrily: Good for you, for sticking up to your sister. I hope the doctor can do something about your back. I don't what to say about the husband/friend thing...I've never been in a LT relationship myself (I'm working on it!), and you know him better than all of us. Congrats on your recent successes in terms of points and gym workouts. Take it one day at a time, and relish your successes. Sorry about the work troubles your husband is having -- I hope the home business works out. I've had BCBS of AZ for years (their PPO), and they've always taken good care of me. My Mom had to do that too, the one year for pre-existing...glad the chiropractor helps. I think they CAN be quite good. It seems to depend on the doctor and the problem. Glad it's working for you.

As for me, ladies, right now, I am eating a delicious and fairly easy dish called Mindless Moo Shu (sans crepes). It's a modified version of a recipe from the Desperation Dinners cookbook, for quick cooking -- are you guys interested? I love it when a recipe turns out to be even relatively easy, tasty and healthy (based on the number of portions it produced, I came up with several servings that fit into 14-oz containers nicely, at about 5 pts each.) Work is fine, but I'm tired...went to Payless today to look for shoes, and I'm convinced that if you have wide feet, shoes are all cute and uncomfortable or ugly and comfortable. <sigh> Other than that, not much else is new -- my Dad is coming to visit Friday, staying over Saturday (I have a futon bed, which I'll be sleeping on, he is my Dad after all) :D. The other thing is that tonight is my WI -- wish me luck!

Time to get back to work...talk to you guys later!

Princess: Thank you! They are actually quite uncomfortable sometimes, it is mostly an intermittent thing, I will brush against it the "lumps" and they'll hurt. That's a good idea...supplements make me nervous (no FDA regs), but I may have to try it. Re Hail: you probably think I'm nuts, but I would enjoy a hail storm. I'm an AZ rug rat all the way...I love my storms. Do you stretch after you workout? That should help aches and pains...but yes, you're right, when you first increase intensity, it is bound to hurt, so much as it does not hurt too much. Re All You Can Eat: ouch! That's dangerous. At least you looked at the points ahead of time and did the best you could. And not stuffing yourself while everyone around you is -- that's another victory, one I have terrible trouble with, so I admire you. They had no plain veggies there, to eat in addition to the burrito? Those places are terrible temptations...I haven't been in a Sweet Tomatoes in over a year, with good reason. Re work: I actually went grocery shopping yesterday at lunch, so no time for posting. I'm having trouble emailing the picture of the quilt, dont' know why. How obnoxious.

Bandit: It sounds like you've been doing well...good luck with your weigh-in!

Ariana: I'll bet you are busy with work again... looking forward to seeing pictures of your quilt.

Bandit: What is new in your neck of the woods?

Have to run but will check in later on.
Susan

Itryharder
09-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Hi TUrtles!
MY goodness, we are really hopping right now. I'm going to go from hopping to skipping so I can move ahead. I had my WI this morning and am down 2#
Yay! that's a total of 6.2# in 5 weeks. Yay! :bravo: even if I do say so myself. I stayed on core, and counted all my extra points. I hit 35 and then must say I went over a little bit more than that. However, at my weight of 215# it seems I am able to lose weight since I just did! Whoohoo I am flying.

Princess,
glad you're stepping up the exercise because I know it will help you lose even faster. Just keep m e and my viscious yoga in mind because when I hurt my hip bursa last spring, I wasn't able to do much of anything for 7 weeks. Now when I exert myself I try and drag myself into a warm bathtub and that's been helping sore muscles. Anyway--didn't mean to preach and am thrilled that you're on the exercise path!!! :tread: Keep up the good work. Must say I am also so impressed that when you go out you investigate what you can have beforehand online. I do think that a 15point burrito is miserable! And to walk out hungry is just not fair. That's why I know you prefer places where you can eat well and get filled in. It was really nice of you to bend to your guys wishes. Here's a :cp: for investigating and not "fooling" yourself by counting the burrito as 6 points. LOL
Ariana,
Here's a :grouphug: for that upcoming WI. I hope it goes really well.Good luck! And keep the good ideas coming. :cool:
Bandit,
Weigh to go on your efforts with eating out and exercising this week. You're doing great! Yay! Here's a :goodscale: for your next WI.
Chris,
I'm sending you a :grouphug: for all your troubles. I like your no nonsence approach to all that is swirling around you. Good luck. I am so impressed that you were able to keep your points down while you are coping with so much. :cp: :bravo:
Good wishes to all,
234.6/215.2/thinner into onederland :cool:

chrily
09-28-2006, 12:15 AM
Hey evening all you gals!

Well I spent my day babysitting but managed to get alot of my homework done. There isn't much paper to pencil homework but a whole LOT of reading. My eyes are just dying for a break. So yah..I know...kill it with a computer screen. LOL

DH has decided not to go back. So our own business is going to have to be our main source of income. It's kind of exciting in a weird sort of way and kind of anxiety producing wondering if we can make it. At least DH thought about it last year and we put ads in the Dex and another local directory so we do have some advertising.

Darn dog is eating another stuffed animal again. Hold on! Little hellion...

My back feels a bit better. Its still a little tender in the muscles but hopefully that will disappear. I can't expect a miracle overnight since I let it go for almost 2 months.

Back to the wonderful world of homework. YUCK!

chris

Princess1122
09-28-2006, 12:00 PM
Morning all! I am tired today! My oldest DS is moving back home and he basically moved in last night so things were hectic but it is good to have him home.

Chris: Best wishes for the home business! I know it will be great for you guys, scary but great! What kind of dog do you have?

Ariana: I like storms too... I grew up on the east coast so we had our share but boy there is nothing like these mid-west storms that blow thru... crazy weather sometimes! Hail the size of golf balls one minute and sunny the next... re: the evening primrose oil... you can get that at most places, from Wal-mart to GNC but the places like Walmart is a bit less pricey... I have been taking it for a long time... like 8 years at least and man oh man when I run out and don't take it for a couple of days you can really tell the difference. I am so grateful to that Radiologist that suggested it to me because I had tried a lot of things... but that actually worked and I took it for a few days and did not really notice anything and then one day it dawned on me that they did not hurt anymore :D so I became a believer very quickly... I had a lot of women tell me that in the old days they were called "Caffine lumps" and that they were called a million different things and that if I did this or that they would go away and stop hurting... well they didn't until I decided to take that doctors advice and went and bought some EPO... Hope it helps you too!

Judy: Good job! I am so very proud of you!:dancer:. Yup, one burrito is just not going to do it for me... I am an eater and I tend to look for very low points foods and get the most bang for my buck or points... however you want to look at it.

Went out to supper with friends last night... I had done my research and had my menu all picked out and got there and nothing that was on Dotties website for that restuarant was on the menu... they must have changed or something so I did the best I could with a turkey burger and a salad... the eating out this week has really hurt... even with trying to make good choices. Oh well.... we do the best we can... right?

Have a happy day all!
Susan

Ariana2000
09-28-2006, 05:31 PM
Well ladies, as for me...I did WI last night and I'm up .4 (grr.) That's annoying, because I was down .6 last week, up .4 now...so basically, maintenance. I think I know why, though. I got tired of my one hour on the elliptical machine...I hate to spend an hour doing cardio...so I tried the treadmill for 30 minutes, thinking it was a much more intense workout (and it is.) But it still doesn't burn as many calories as an hour on the elliptical. I'd like to switch up the machines I use, but I'm not sure I can do the treadmill for 30 minutes and then the elliptical for another 30 minutes...and I don't think I can do the treadmill on the two nights when I do 30 minute cardio (those are my weight-lifting nights, I do 30 minutes of cardio afterwards.) But I guess I have three options:
1) forgo the treadmill
2) Do the treadmill after 45 minutes of weights, instead of the elliptical for 30 minutes
3) Do the treadmill for 30 minutes and then the elliptical for 30.

I don't know if I'm capable of doing 2 or 3, but then, I used to think I couldn't do the treadmill for 30 at all (too fast, too hard), so we'll see. The biggest sticking point is that I hate doing cardio for an hour...but if it's necessary to lose weight, I will.

What do you guys think?

(Sorry if I get some of your messages copied in mine. I copy and paste them into the response window to respond more easily, and sometimes I forgot to delete them.)

chrily
09-29-2006, 12:51 AM
I'm not sure what to tell you Ariana. I'm about clueless when it comes to exercise. I didn't think I would last on a treadmill or elliptical either...but I can do both. Surprise surprise!

I wish I had a clue for you. Sorry...:(

chris

Princess1122
09-29-2006, 09:15 AM
Oh my goodness I am so glad it is Friday... I am just tired... I have not been this tired or worn out in a long time and I am not sure why I feel like this... but I do and I need a break. Not sure how much of one I am going to get this weekend... since dS moved back in we are just jam packed and everything needs to be rearranged and reorganized... that will be my weekend but maybe a nap or two could be worked in...

Ariana: I have no words of wisdom for you as far as the exercise is concerned... I just barely make it two miles on the eliptical machine :ebike: before I feel like I am going to fall over so your one hour is beyond my comprehension. Since it is getting nice out (Cooler) can you fit some walks in on your lunch hour or in the evenings? Maybe that would help...

Judy: Do you have plans for the weekend?

Have to run but will check back in later on.
Susan

chrily
09-29-2006, 03:03 PM
Ariana...I re-read your post and I'm thinking I would about go for 30 min on the treadmill and 30 on th elliptical. I'm not quite up to your caliber but I can usually do 15 min on the elliptical and I follow that with 30 on the treadmill. You're in better shape than me sooo....

I'm not sure if its true but the personal trainer I had at the gym had us warm up before we did weights. Do you do that? I have an easier time with weights after my muscles are good and warm.

Well I talked to DH last night and I explained what it feels like to be me. I used to not be this weight and I the way I explained it to him is for me to go out amongst people being the weight I am is as mentally devastating to me as his sister in her wheelchair. Granted her's is alot worse but I am that self conscious about it. I told him what I needed and we'll see how it goes. I told him point blank that I DON't have a support system and I really needed his support to make the changes. My sister isn't exactly the support person type. She goes to the gym with me but its more of a competition thing with her. She always has to outdo me and she just brags and brags that she is smaller than my other sister. Can you say EGO problem!?!?

Well that's the story and now I have to get some housework done and get to the bank. DH sold some radio equipment on ebay and the Paypal funds get transferred to my account, and umm...DUH, I don't have anymore check blanks so I can't even write him a check. See how much of an airhead I am lately. I have NEVER ran out of checks before.

Chris

chrily
10-02-2006, 01:13 AM
OOOHHH JUDY!

For once I thought I was going to keep up with you and I figured you started a new thread. I was SHOCKED to see that we were still on 168. ;)

Where is everyone????? I painted and painted and painted today. Also washed all the storm windows, scraped our windows (paint from our repaint job) and then put the storms back on. WHHEEWW...have we been busy. But finally we are down to one more section of trim.

WEll gonna go to bed. See ya in the morning.

chris

Princess1122
10-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Not much is new here really... I skipped W/I on Saturday, it was that TOM and other factors and I just could not face a gain so I skipped it all together. Not some I normally do it was just something that I needed to do this one time.

Chris: You are a very busy lady!

Susan

Itryharder
10-02-2006, 07:32 PM
Hi Turtles,
Sorry I was missing over the weekend but things are crazy here. All good, but still crazy.
Chris, you are so smart to talk to your husband about what you need in the way of support from him. Good for you. :cp: You're busy and in a busy time of life, but it won't always be this way. Keep up the good work and be easy on yourself.

Ariana,
Boy I wish I could suggest something about exercise, but I really am out of my element. What I do see is that you've had two weeks and it looks like you're starting to maintain your weight. I know that you don't want to maintain yet, so here are my suggestions:
Make sure you're drinking your water
Shake up your food--been heavy on chicken, switch to fish and beef or vice versa-
Pack in lots of veggies instead of fruits right now
Talk to people at the gym and see what the experts recommend
and most of all *You're doing great!!!!! and a :goodscale: is in store for you*

Princess, your older ds is home with you all now. How's that gonna be? I know how much you love your boys and you're probably through unpacking him, etc.

Let's all try to focus on how much weight we've lost and keep our positive outlooks up there! My :hb: is tomorrow and my dkids were with me and my dh this weekend for a dinner and gifts. Actually I had my dh BBQ a steak and I prepared side dishes--all core . Then we had cake and I counted in the points. This week has been great, but I am fast running out of points and have to WI on Wed. morning. Wish me well.
Love and good vibes to all,
Judy

Princess1122
10-03-2006, 09:57 AM
Judy: you are doing so great and happy birthday to you! That is just wonderful that your family is going to help you celebrate your special day and that you have core foods and all... just too wonderful!

Chris: Good job talking to your husband... I really lack that ability... I used to be able to talk to people about my feelings but it has never proved me in good stead so I have just kind of clammed up over the years.

Ariana: Judy had really good suggestions for you! I got my week one book out that they give you at WW when you first start and reviewed the points program again because I feel like I have been slipping in some areas and I have not been putting in as much effort as I did in the beginning so I thought maybe re-reading the initial material that they give us would help me to get re-motivated and it seems to be doing the trick... but that is just me and I know that we all struggle in different areas from different problems.

Have to run but have a happy day all!
Susan

bandit2
10-03-2006, 12:13 PM
Happy Birthday Judy - hope your day is wonderful.

Been super busy up here. Was up .6 at my Fri w/i so that was alittle disappointing since I have been soooooooooo good. Go figure! Hopefully this week will show my efforts. Went up to casino Fri night so see Terri Clarke & stayed over & got in a swim Sat morning then we went to a Fall Fair on the way home. On Sun morning did the 5K Breast Cancer Walk & completed all of it - so was happy with that. Such a good event.

I have totally been OP & getting in my exercise, but I don't feel like anything is dropping off - but hopefully will have some kind of weight loss this Fri.

Everyone sounds like they are doing super; so keep up the good work & talk soon.

chrily
10-03-2006, 01:12 PM
Well hubby got a call today from his district manager and they cleared Kelly of any wrongdoing but get this now they suspended the manager for not doing his job. He wants to meet with Kelly tomorrow. Kelly said his manager talked to him for quite a while on the phone and he complimented Kelly on being the best technician in the district and also told him if he didn't work for Sears, he really admires Kelly as a person. So that was great to hear. kelly is riding the fence on whether to go back or not but money is so tight. I told him whatever he wanted to do I would stand by him.

Anyhow, I didn't do too bad yesterday. I didn't get a chance to exercise. I've been swamped with homework and family obligations. I'm at my sister's babysitting and using her computer. Mine took a poo poo on me again. So it goes back to Best BUy and their geek squad. So I better go because I have a lot of homework to do and catch up on with only a limited timeframe to do it in.

Happy Birthday JUDY!

chris

Ariana2000
10-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Hello, ladies! I had a great weekend, my father came to visit, and we went hiking up in the mountains (briefly, he had bad shoes and my knee/foot hurt, although I was going to suck it up, but his feet hurt too badly to continue) and we went to Nightfall (a local Halloween event with haunted houses and stunt shows), made breakfast together -- it was great! We ate a lot of junk -- Dad is something of an enabler for me when it comes to eating junk food. It's gotten much easier to lose weight now that I don't live at home, and have him bringing junk home. But I did thoroughly enjoy having him there, and I did turn down some crap, so it's better than it could have been. I think I got food poisoning this weekend though, because I was sick shortly after Dad left Sunday, and didn't feel well until today. <sigh> Anyway, I'm feeling much better, and I'm going to go back to working out tonight. Not much else is new. How is everyone?

Now, specific replies..

Chris: no worries. I just wondered if anyone had any ideas. I've been thinking, and I don't think my body could handle 30 minutes of one and 30 minutes of the other, honestly. I do weights before my 30-minute cardio on M/W, so there's a warmup there. I think it's important to discuss with family members (in a non-accusatory tone) the fact that you need more support to lose weight, and that it's very important...as for workout buddies...I find that competition helps me, but if it doesn't work for you, then maybe you need to talk to her about it, tune her out or find a new workout buddy. Re your work outs: I know that it's hard, very hard to fit working out in your schedule, but make space for it, make it an important appointment with yourself -- it will reduce your stress, improve your health and make it easier to lose weight. Exercising regularly may be one of the best things you can do for yourself.

Judy: Sorry things are so nuts. Re exercise: don't worry. I think I've figured it out, after I talked it out with you guys. I had been doing my just 30 minutes of cardio on the tread for two weeks, the same amount of time I was maintaining...the tread also caused more pain (knees, feet, ankles), so I think I'm going to go ahead and stay off it for now, and just do what I was doing before (which was working, even though being on the elliptical for an hour was annoying.) I do drink a ton of water, and I am big on fruits and veggies (two veggies, 3-4 fruit per day.) Once my credit card is paid off, I will get a trainer for help if I still am not actively losing. Thank you for the positive feedback. That helps. :D You're right -- it's important to remember how much we've lost, and how amazing and encouarging that is! Good luck on your WI and happy belated birthday!

Princess: Sorry you are feeling so unwell. Did you get any time to rest this weekend? Re working out: don't worry... 30 minutes was once a struggle for me on the elliptical. There is a nice place to walk, but I'd need company (it's not safe to walk.) I think I'm going to go back to what I was doing, no tread, 30 minutes of cardio 2x per week, 45 minutes of weights 2x per week and 1 hr of cardio 2x per week, all elliptical. The tread just seems to be too hard on my body right now. I'm glad that the books help you...I think my problem is strategy more than motivation, I feel motivated enough...but as you said, different things work for different people.

Bandit -- good luck with your WI. I know how frustrating it is to be OP and still not be losing. If it keeps happening, maybe things need to be mixed up?

Princess1122
10-04-2006, 12:36 PM
Araina: So glad you got to spend some time with your dad... his junk food habit reminds me of my dad... he loved chocolate, homemade brownies mostly, and I would make them for him and we would just eat them until they were all gone... not a healthy habit but a happy memory.

Bandit: You are doing great with the OP eating and exericise... weight to go!

Judy: Yup, my oldest son is all moved back into his old bedroom and he is unpacked and settled in for the most part. All is well so far.

Susan

chrily
10-04-2006, 02:14 PM
Morning all...

Well in back at my sister's babysitting again. I told her I couldn't Thursday or Friday night. I'm FREEEEEE!

I'm just kickin back and doing some homework. I'm trying to get it done to free up my time tonight to get on the treadmill for awhile. Sitting on my butt ain't getting it done. Not doing so bad with eating today. Not sure what I'll do for lunch because I have to pick my oldest up at school at 12:30. They have an early out day.

Back to the books and the banging my head against the wall. Conner and Kyle get along like two rattlesnakes. Constantly pinching, biting and hitting. I've done time outs, I've spanked little bee-hinds and done alot of yelling. I don't know what to do. Fine, they don't need to get along but the biting and pinching and hitting has to stop. Anyone got any ideas???

chris

Princess1122
10-05-2006, 09:58 AM
Happy Thursday to everyone... the weekend is getting close :D Love the weekends!

I really need to work on hitting the lottery or something so that everyday can be a weekend ;)

Nothing new here really other then the scale is just not budging... not one little inch... oh well... I will just keep on going and see what happens.

Have a great day all!
Susan

Itryharder
10-05-2006, 12:56 PM
hi guys,
had my WI and was up .8#. Now that was my birthday week with a lot of challenges, so I'm doing my best not to let it keep me down. It may be that I'll fluctuate throughout this process and still get my weight down at the end.
I'll respond to all y our news, but am watching my dear grandbaby right now.
JUdy

Ariana2000
10-05-2006, 05:11 PM
Good afternoon, ladies. How is everyone? I'm doing well, feeling better. I skipped the weigh-in this week -- I think I can get away with doing that, oh, once a quarter, and between having my Dad down, being sick and social events, I don't even know what the scale would say. Normally, I'd weigh-in anyway, but I went out to dinner on my usual weigh-in night, which throws my schedule off, and...yeah. Not doing weigh-in this week. We'll see what happens next week.

As for the rest of my life, I've been talking to a guy online for about a week, someone I met on Match.com, and I just invited him out for coffee this weekend. I also invited my friend out Saturday night, so that should be fun. Do you guys have any plans for the weekend?

Princess: Yep, sounds just like my Dad. I love the weekends too. :D Sorry about the scale not budging...I would give it another week, if it's still not budging then, maybe some strategy changes are in order? I try not to get disheartened at only one week of maintenance -- two in a row causes me to sit up and take notice.

Chris: God, I don't know. My sister and I didn't do that, and the kids that I've babysat -- if they did that, I made them go to their rooms, and told them they could come out again when they could be civil, that you don't hit -- period. If they come out after a few minutes, and starting doing it again, send them back. Again and again. That's the way I'd approach it, but I have no children, so...

Judy -- sorry about the small gain. At least it was under a pound. It's hard to stay down during special occasions, I know. It's not a skill I've acquired yet.

Ariana2000
10-05-2006, 05:12 PM
It looks like Judy forgot to post a note, unless I missed it, but she started the next thread.

Itryharder
10-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Hi Turtles,
Ariana, Good luck on your date for coffee this weekend. Thanks for letting the bale of us know I had started a new thread. My computer has been sooooo slow and keeps kicking me off, so I am entering the 21st. century on this upcoming Tuesday by getting broadband. Yay! In the meantime, I'll see you all on #169.