Support Groups - Winning Losers Week of Sept. 24-newbies welcome!!!

Hun.e.B
09-24-2006, 01:21 PM
A new week a new thread!!!

Current Challenges:
Tour de Losers
Water Challenge
Fall Leaf Challenge

We'd love to have you join us!

Hun.e.B
09-24-2006, 01:29 PM
Good Sunday Morning everyone!! How is the weekend going for you?

I took some before pictures standing next to my tree yesterday. They are frightening. No different from the other picture I posted really except that I wore tight clothes so there is no hiding behind a kid or baggy clothes. That will be the last time I look like that!!!! I had a great day yesterday. made my water goal!! Today is supposed to be my "day" off but I plan on keeping it in check. No sense fighting half the week to undo damage done from one day right?

Looks like we've got another BEAUTIFUL fall day in store! Too bad I have an exam to study for!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day today! Be good to yourself! Stay strong and keep that control!! I'd love to see some Tour de Loser minute updates to see how far you guys have come this week!

Sugar-N-Spice
09-24-2006, 02:33 PM
Happy Sunday Ladies! I hope everyone is ready to begin a new week, time is flying! I am axious to get the week rolling, time to drop some leaves off my tree! :D

Melissa, we finally have some decent weather over here. Still warm but I'll take it I guess. :rolleyes: Yes, this will be the last time you look like that! That's what I had to keep reminding myself everytime dh snapped a picture. LOL Good luck with the studying!

Come out come out wherever you are!!!!!! Where is everyone???? Well. Whatever it is you guys are up to, I hope its fun! :)

Off to watch some football! Have a blast ladies!

Amany
09-24-2006, 03:17 PM
Hello, hello!! :wave:

Thanks for starting us Danielle!

Sorry I've been so neglectful this weekend. Time seems to be working against me. I feel like I'm doing this :carrot: when I'm actually only :faint:

I did most of my Callanetic workout today. My husband and I are leaving for the track in about an hour. Then I will finish my Callanetics when I get home. I had to stop. Those dang things are painful!! :eek:

Danielle, I've been more lenient with myself this weekend too. But I'm still logging what I eat in Fit Day so that I don't go overboard calorie-wise. Yesterday I had an omlette and a piece of wheat toast. Today I had a grilled cheese. Any die hard low carber would have a :tantrum:, but I'm ok. :D :lol:

OK, BBL. Hope everyone is doing great today!!

Amany
09-24-2006, 09:32 PM
I took some before pictures standing next to my tree yesterday. They are frightening. No different from the other picture I posted really except that I wore tight clothes so there is no hiding behind a kid or baggy clothes. That will be the last time I look like that!!!!
Today is supposed to be my "day" off but I plan on keeping it in check. No sense fighting half the week to undo damage done from one day right?

Melissa I love your determination and your smarts! I know that right now you're at the highest you'll ever be again in your life. I know you'll reach your goal. Secondly, you can still enjoy your "off" day. Moderation is the key. That's what we're learning. So I agree with what you said about keeping it in check. I actually responded earlier to the things you said, but I was doing it in such a hurry that I thought Danielle had written those things. :o
Great job, chick!

Danielle, I hope you enjoyed the games today. Our Lions lost of course. But we expect them too. :laugh: About 2 or 3 years ago they started playing near downtown Detroit again. Before they'd been playing in Pontiac. So, since they've been back the games have been selling pretty well. Yeah, we know they're gonna lose but we love 'em despite of their suckiness. :)

The track was quite an eye opener. I'm so, so out of shape! I thought I was doing pretty good until I went there.

The track is ten times harder than running on a tread or just around your home. There's not as much "give" on the ground. So you feel the stress throughout your entire body. I had the energy and lung capacity to run but my calves were burning. Those muscles were not used to that type of exercise. I was actually getting really frustrated with myself for not being able to run the way I wanted to. So I'd walk a lap, trot (not jog or run) half a lap, and do that in intervals. I did that for 2 miles. The good thing about the human body is that it has the capacity to adapt to conditioning. Good or bad. But it wants good. :)

My husband said he'd walk / trot with me in the evenings after work. Turns out that he wasn't in the shape he thought he was in either. :lol: So we'll work on it together.

That said, I feel really good. And proud of myself. The good thing is that, though my legs couldn't take it, my body actually had the energy for it. That's quite an accomplishment. Yey me!! So now I've got about 30 minutes of cardio and an hour of Callanetics under my belt.:D

lovethatsara
09-24-2006, 11:50 PM
yesterday was my sisters birthday party so I ran the treadmill at their house for about a half hour then hung out with them most of the day. My mom bought me a bag of frozen pasta that has corn carrots brooccoli chicken and the pasta is so amazing! I'm deffinately going to have to get me another bag when i go to the store. its delicious!

This morning I made Matt Irish Soda Bread. He was real happy about that so thats good. I havent tasted it but he says its really good. After that I did 30mins of tahitian dance and 30mins of YBB HipHop Abs. I was exhausted after that. I'm about to go for a jog, it looks cold and gloomy outside. best time to go out and excersize hehe. Hope everyones having a great weekend.

Bajachick3
09-24-2006, 11:59 PM
want to join this weeks challange...I have lost 11.6 so far in less than three weeks..WI tomorrow....I will let everyone know. I have been following the program...thanks for your support..

Hun.e.B
09-25-2006, 12:59 AM
Good Sunday evening ladies! Thought I'd better check in tonight since I'm not sure I'll get to in the morning! Coming off a bronco win Yay!!! But I must hit the sheets since i gotta get up early to study! I've had a pretty good day considering its my day "off" I did have some freetos w/ chili cheese dip (not overdone though) and maybe 5 pizza rolls (those little ones) very high fat/high calorie but considering my portion sizes I'd think I was well within my calories for the day. Got in my 100 oz of water too. Not too shabby for a day off huh?

Danielle...didnt you order those callenetic workouts at one point? I cant remember if those were the ones or not.

Amanda...its okay I knew you were talking to me when you said Danielle LOL! Your dh is so great!! You are very lucky to have such an amazing support system behind you!! I'm glad the track was a challenge and you conquered it!! Then again you can conquer anything once you set your mind to it cant you!!! Are you sure you arent preggers hun? I remember my first pregnancy I was soooooo tired in the beginning months. I could sleep all day long, I'd go to work and come home and go to bed till it was time to get up again for work.

Nance...WELCOME!!!! Its so great to have you join us!!! Which challenge are you jumping in on? Way to go on some amazing successes so far!! You are kicking some butt arent you!!! You are doing so great!!! Keep it up!! Cant wait to get to know you better and cheer you on to success!!! You can do this and we are all right there behind you!!!

Alright ladies, have a fantastic Monday!! I'm going for my 100 oz a day this week again, I did it 4 days last week and 3 days of 70 oz. Make this the best week that you can!! Set those goals, I know you can reach them if you just put your mind to it and go for it!!! Dont be afraid to try! I KNOW you can succeed!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
09-25-2006, 01:18 AM
Sara...dunno how I missed you!! I'm so sorry!! You are kicking some butt with that exercise!! way to go! And you avoided bread? How did you manage that? Bread is my downfall, not sure i've ever had irish soda bread but hey...if its break I love it! LOL!! Keep up the good work!! I hope you have a fantastic week!

~melissa

needhelp27
09-25-2006, 01:58 AM
Hey ladies!

Hope yall had a good week! Mine was pretty good, it was short so it was even better. We had some friends over for dinner and I cooked it all pretty much myself and it was so good but im so glad it was my cheat day otherwise I wouldn't be able to eat a lot of the stuff I made. Anyways, my foot is all better and I am starting the Turbo Jam tomorrow morning bright and early and we went to the health food store and we were trying to find a supplement that was like this thing we got with TJ and see if if there is n e thing like it. Apparently all that is in it is calcium, potassium, green tea, and magnesium. I could drink a couple glasses of milk, eat a banana, drink some green tea and take a magnesium pill and i could have the exact same thing as those pills. They are a ripoff. It costs like $30.00 for shipping plus the amount of the pills, its crazy so we decided to see if there was something similar but less expensive. You have to take 6 a day, its absurd. So we got this pill that burn fat but as long as you eat healthy and drink lots of water, you will lose lots of weight so I am gonna try that along with turbo jam. He explained all the effects and everything so i just need to drink lots of water. Anyways i have a math assignment due tomorow morning and I need to get it done. Talk to yall soon.

Heather

Butterfly50
09-25-2006, 11:35 AM
Where is everyone it sure has been slow here. I jumped on and check yesturday didnt have a chance to post and it was still where it was last . Then to much susprise only a few post this morning. It is amost 10:30 here I jest woke up at 10 boy Was I ever exhausted Barley remember getting the girls up and on the bus.

Heather sorry to hear about the pills . I hate when they charge an arm and a leg and they arent what you expect.

Melissa way to go on the water and on your day off I have only been able to accomplish 4 out of the 6 day.

Bajachick3 Great to have you this is a great group I hope that you like them.

Lovethatsara You did wonderful on the treadmill at your moms . Glad to see you are doing well. Soda Bread I am making home made bread in my bread machine. I thought it would go nice with a pot of chili tonight.

Amanda the track I hate runnung the track when I was little I would hurt sooo bad by the time I got to the end. I will have to commend you for that one I couldnt do that now. :bravo:

Danielle I hope all is well with you . I agree everyone must be in hiding.

I better be going I have lots to do here right now I spent yesturday rearranging my living room around and I still have things to put away from therest of the house I was sooooom tired that I didnt do any thing else .Got to get everything cleaned up.

I hope everyone is having a nice day.

Sugar-N-Spice
09-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Good morning ladies! :dancer:

I really hope we get some of you ladies posting today, we miss you all. Inquiring minds want to know how you've all been doing. Even if it's not been so good weight-loss wise, we wanna know, maybe we can help.

Amanda, you are such an inspiration! You and that track had a bit of a disagreement, didnt you? But you showed it who's boss and conquered it anyways! I am so proud of you!!! It's awesome that dh will be joining you and is such a supportive participant on your quest for good health. Yay!!!

Sara, you are doing so well with that exercise. Good girl!!! You should be very proud of yourself for sticking with it, I hope it's getting alittle easier for you and doesnt feel so overwhelming.

Bajachick- :welcome: So glad you'll be joining us. You've been doing very well lately, can't wait to see more progress from you! Hope you'll feel free to chime in here at any time.

Heather, I'm so glad to hear that your foot is better and you'll be resuming your turbo jam. Bet it feels good to be over that hurdle and on to bigger & better things. Please be careful with any pills you're taking, ok? Wouldn't want anything happening to you sweets!

Melissa, sounds like you did good with food yesterday! I know it must've felt super to be in control like that. I know how hard it is when everyone around you seems to be indulging at every corner. Yeah, I bought callanetic videos eons and eons ago. They're all still in the plastic but 1! LOL Another test! They really bombarded you all at once didnt they? Well, I hope that means that there won't be anymore for a little while at least!

Bonnie, hey chicky. Your body was telling you something wasn't it? Glad you got the rest you needed. I hope today is another on plan day for you!!!

Gosh, just when I thought we were getting rid of the high temps, they're back! We've got 100 degrees forecasted thru the week, oh joy. Cannot wait til I don't have to run the a/c anymore, I'm so sick of that thing!

I ordered my book last week for .75 . Cracks me up how the shipping is like 4x that but hey, at least the book was cheap right? Who all is going to be joining Melissa, Amanda & I for our October read???? Anyone??

Sincerely, I really hope that all our MIA ladies will pop in and at least say hello. I hope you are all well and just busy with day-to-day stuff. We'd hate to think that any of you stopped posting because you're having issues with diet or whatever. We want to help any way we can. Support & motivate is the name of our game here!

Have a super day girls! I got errands to run so I'll be back later. Hopefully we'll have some missing faces popping in soon!

♥danielle

sapphire35
09-25-2006, 03:31 PM
:dancer: GOOD MORNING LADIES!! :cofdate:

Hello, Hello, Hello!

I think we're all here just busy. I have been working on getting my toy ideas patent with this lawyer. The design was a little difficult, but all is well now. I think its going to work out well. I had dropped this ball on this idea since last x-mas and my mother insisted I keep pressing on. Its expensive to get something patent and marketed.

Anyways my Little one started walking on Friday. :woo: She is so tiny 16lbs 8oz for 14 months old. Its so sweet and its hugh accomplishment. I didn't know if she would even live at 1lb 3oz let alone walk. So my family celebrated this weekend. We were all in tears, included my dad and he never crys.

I didn't stick to my diet this weekend. So i have started over today. Gosh My biggest challenge is still the water.

Amanda I know what you mean about actually jogging on a track. It is much harder. You definitely have to pace yourself. But You do loose the weight faster.

BBL

Hun.e.B
09-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Good afternoon all!! It makes me sad to see how slow we've become, where did everyone go?

Heather...its great to hear that you are doing so well!! YOu are absolutly right about supplements most of the time you can get the same intake just with your regular food consumption. I was told in a nutrition class by a registered dietitian that the only people who really need supplements are the young and the old. If you eat a healthy balanced diet you should already be getting your RDAs. Thats why I've never bothered with vitamins or supplements because there is such a thing as too much. Keep up the good work chickie!

Bonnie..all that exercise is working that body and making you tired! Make sure you get good rest too. I hope your day goes well and you can get everything accomplished you have set to do!!

Danielle....ugh that heat! I dunno how you can stand it! I love my change of seasons, I think all that time in AZ made me realize how much they meant to me. You just reminded me I gotta get my book ordered too! How's that cough/throat thing doing? Almost ready to pick up the exercise again?

Alright...another exam tomorrow so I gotta get studying. Philosophy! UGH!! So far today has been going GREAT!!! Sticking to plan like a champ! Drinking my water too! I snuck a peek at the scale this morning and nope, no ill effects from yesterday's off day!! I'm very happy about that. I kept it all under control! And really didnt miss anything either. Why does life revolve around food?

Have a wonderful afternoon everyone!!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
09-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Oh Trish I missed ya!! Congrats to your little one on her first steps!!! How exciting! Just wait she'll be running and you wont be able to keep up! Back on the wagon today! Good for you! I've got my water bottle handy, how about you? You can do it!! Have a wonderful afternoon!

~melissa

Butterfly50
09-25-2006, 03:44 PM
Trish Congrats on the walking . I know it is the best feeling when your child takes their first steps . At least it was to me.

I didnt do any workout today I have been busy Cleaning house and doing laundry and stuff so I will hopefully take my walk later. If the rain stays aways. Boy has this board ever been dead lately. Where is everyone??
My Step Daughter is mailing me Pictures of my Grandson He is sooo cute. We havnt got to met him yet I hope soon though. He will be 2 here in march . I hear he is a real terror on wheels.

I better be going gots more laundry to do and stuff to put away.

aliceshellique
09-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Can I get in?

sapphire35
09-25-2006, 04:28 PM
I know it does seem like we're slowing down a bit on here. I have to admit I got really busy there for awhile and just couldn't keep up.

I have to update the September challenge board for last week also.

Melissa: Good luck on the test. Thanks on the little one. I didn't have my water but I do now. I can get about 40 to 60 oz in a day, then I get tired of the water. It was really easy in the beginning now its becoming a chore.

I love the exercise though.

Hi Bonnie: I haven't been able to re arrange my living room in for ever. especially now with the littleone. I love doing that kind of stuff. I want a new house then I'll start that process over.

Hi Danielle: I'm going to do the read in October too. I need to go get the book tomorrow.

Hi Amanda

Hi Iwantnewpants

Hi Aqua

Hi Heather: Young lady stay away from all those crazy drugs some work some don't. Glad you dinner turned out good.

Hi Sara it sounds like your dropping a lot weight. Congrats are in order. :carrot: :carrot: :carrot: Keep it up. Mike going to be apologizing soon.;)

sapphire35
09-25-2006, 04:32 PM
Remeber ladies Mia is on vacation. I don't know where Aqua is. Aqua where are you? :o

:welcome3: Aliceshellique and Bajachick3. Nice to have you with us. make yourself at home. Tell us all about yourselves.

CartersMama
09-25-2006, 04:40 PM
oh oh! Can I get in on this too? I just signed up! Where are the goals at, like what are the water goals for the day? Or do we set our own goals? Thanks ladies! I am still trying to find my way around this place!

Sugar-N-Spice
09-25-2006, 04:45 PM
Trish, good to see ya lady! :wave: OMG what wonderful news about your DD!!! I can only imagine how proud your family was watching her this weekend. Aren't kids somethin' else? Sometimes I look at mine and they literally take my breathe away. My sis is encountering the same thing as far as walking babes...my niece who is just turned 9mon. has taken it upon herself to walk. She skipped crawling completely and went straight from sitting up to pulling herself to standing. Needless to say, dear ol' mom was not prepared for such an active kid so soon! lol Glad to hear ya got back on the wagon today and are starting again! No time like the present is there? Good luck with the water, its just one of those things isn't it? I know I am thankful that I don't work otherwise I know for sure I'd be struggling with it too! I don't know how you gals do it! BTW, be sure and check half.com for our Oct. read if you can't find it locally. Out of 5 libraries here, not a one carries it so had to order it. Can't beat 75cents for a book!

Melissa, yeah definitely don't get any change of seasons here! lol Being a California girl I can't say that I have ever experienced it in my life. I think the closest I ever came was living in Northern Cali--still, no snow though. If the kids weren't so settled here, I seriously would have half a mind to move somewhere where we could experience all that. Not to mention buying a house for LOTS cheaper! The exercise was supposed to commence this morning however dh had other plans for me! :rolleyes: He had a list of errands for me to run since he's working all day. Looks like tomorrow he will be doing my bidding since it's his day off! :devil: I am seriously gonna try and get some in tonight though as I watch tv if I can get thru all the chores I have lined up. The cough is still there but it feels like it's losing steam. Thank God! Am looking forward to sweating for a change! Bob still keeps whispering to me, especially now that I have to see him once a week as it is on Wed. LOL Oye, I am seriously delusional, ain't I?

Bonnie, a busy bee today huh? I'm gonna have to get that way real quick here in a sec. if I can ever peel myself away from the computer that is! LOL Ohhhh a new grandbaby!!! Betcha can't wait to lay on eyes on that cutie, huh?

♥danielle

Hun.e.B
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Aliceshellique and Cartersmama!! Welcome welcome!!! Its great to see some new faces around here!! Jump in wherever you want! As far as goals we all set our own, for instance my goal this week is to get 100 oz of water a day.

We have a couple of challenges going, one is the Tour de losers where you figure out how far it is to a vacation spot you'd like to visit and you exercise your way there!

Another is the Fall Leaf Challenge where you make a tree (get out those crayons and paper) and some leaves and you tape it up somewhere in your home. Then every pound you lose during Fall (september 23-december 13) you take a leaf off your tree. The idea is to have no leaves on there come winter!

Other than that, just jump in where you can! We are thrilled to have you! You'll see we are pretty laid back and all about support and motivation around here! Cant wait to get to know you better!!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
09-25-2006, 05:11 PM
Ran across this article on another board I lurk on and found it very interesting. I experienced this the first time I lost a huge amount of weight. At first I thought I was nuts or being narcisistic in thinking that anyone could be jealous of me! lol So glad to know that I am normal. Well. Almost anyways! :dizzy:

♥danielle

Are They Jealous of Your New Body?
Why friends and family may not be thrilled with your weight loss -- and what to do about it

By Colette Bouchez
WebMD Weight Loss Clinic - Feature

Reviewed by Kathleen Zelman, MPH, RD, LD

You've given up most of those high-calorie foods you used to love. Exercised every day, even when you didn't feel like it. And finally, it's all paying off: You're edging toward your weight loss goal -- and looking pretty terrific!

At the same time, you've encountered what seems like a surprising lack of enthusiasm from some of your family and friends -- maybe even your partner -- about your new look.

As unusual as this may seem, experts say it's actually quite common to receive some unexpected reactions when you dramatically change your appearance.

"Human beings are hard-wired to resist change, so it's not uncommon to encounter some resistance whenever change occurs," says John McGrail, a Los Angeles clinical hypnotherapist and behavior expert.

Complicating matters further: When we accomplish a goal -- particularly something as difficult as losing weight -- it may serve to remind friends and family of their own failed attempts. That, too, can spark a negative reaction.

"In some ways, your weight loss becomes a symbol of their inability to accomplish their goals, so they may begin to act resentful -- or even mean -- oftentimes without even realizing they are doing so," says Christian Holle, PhD, an assistant professor of psychology at William Patterson University in Wayne, N.J.

If their goals happened to also involve weight loss, the resentment (especially from friends) can be doubly strong.

"You may find that they are suddenly excluding you from activities, saying mean things, taunting you about your new body or even your new clothes -- all born of resentment about not being able to achieve their own weight loss goals," says Warren Huberman, PhD, a psychologist who often counsels patients in conjunction with the New York University Program for Surgical Weight Loss.

What's more, Huberman says, when you experience that resentment, it's not uncommon to have a "knee-jerk reaction" yourself and to pull away in anger and hurt. But this is the last thing you want to do.

"You have to think about how you would feel in a similar situation, or maybe how you felt when others lost weight and you couldn't," Huberman says. "Try to put yourself in the place of the person who didn't win the lottery, so to speak, and you'll see that the resentment is all about them and not about you."

Love, Sex, and Weight Loss

For many folks, the decision to lose weight is met with an enthusiastic response -- particularly from intimate partners. Most relish the idea of having a healthier, happier (not to mention hotter-looking) significant other.

But sometimes, even the most encouraging partner can turn into a less-than-stellar supporter once the weight loss actually begins to show.

The reason: Your newfound good looks might be encouraging some formerly well-hidden insecurities in your partner.

"If a spouse becomes slimmer, feels better, and gets more attention from friends and strangers alike, their partner can suddenly feel threatened by the change in the status quo," McGrail tells WebMD.

Some may go so far as to accuse their newly slimmed-down partner of seeking out attention from the opposite sex, or of having an affair -- even when there is no real basis to believe that, Huberman says.

The answer, Holle says, is don't get mad, and don't feel bad. Instead, recognize that it's your partner's insecurities talking. And try a little gentle persuasion, aimed at soothing what is likely just a temporary slump in their own self-confidence.

"Remind them of how much their support has meant to you, and how happy you are to be healthy enough to do more things together," says Holle.

Often, he says, all that's needed to put the relationship back on track is letting your partner know he or she is wanted and needed -- along with a little reassurance that your feelings have not changed.

Huberman agrees: "The key is not to recoil and let walls build. Recognize what is going on, address it gently, and keep the lines of communication open."

Most of the time, experts say, a moderate jealous reaction from a friend or lover is normal and not indicative of any serious problems.

"Weight issues are sometimes used as weapons of control in a relationship."

At the same time, McGrail reminds us that weight issues are sometimes used as weapons of control in a relationship. When this is the case, a partner or friend may have used your weight as a kind of "emotional hammer" to keep you down and keep themselves the center of attention.

When this is no longer possible, experts say the whole dynamic of the relationship can change. And sometimes, it may crumble.

"If this does happen it usually means there were serious problems all along, and the weight loss just forced the issues to come out," says Huberman.

At the same time, don't be too surprised if weight loss also triggers the idea in you that certain relationships are no longer satisfying or healthy.

"Many times a person will remain in an ungratifying relationship because of their weight, because they have feelings of diminished self-esteem," says Huberman. Sometimes, he says, overeating may have even been triggered by problems in the relationship.

And once the weight is lost and you begin to feel better about yourself, it's not uncommon for you to want more from all your relationships, experts say. If that's not happening, it may be time to consider moving on.

"It can be a hard decision to leave friends and lovers behind, but sometimes it's just necessary to get on with your life in a positive and more healthy way," says Holle.

Dropping the Pounds, Keeping the Friends
The good news is that, most of the time, the really important relationships in your life will remain.

The first step in making sure that happens is to acknowledge that your weight loss has changed certain relationships. Be the first one to bring it up with those who are involved.

"You don't want to be accusatory because that only puts people on the defensive and drives a bigger wedge between you," Holle tells WebMD.

His suggestion: Open the conversation with your friends or family members by acknowledging that there seems to be something on their minds, and ask if they'd like to talk about it.

"Bring it up, bring up the changes in your appearance, and ask gently if there is something about the way you look now that is upsetting them," says Holle. "Don't accuse, ask."

The goal of the talk, he says, is to open the lines of communication in a very empathetic manner.

Huberman agrees: "It's perfectly fine to tell your friend that you notice a change in attitude towards you and ask if you can talk about it."

When you do, he says, tell them gently that you've noticed they don't include you as often, or don't seem as open to you as they did in the past -- and ask why.

Often, he says, you may discover your friends have been feeling they aren't "good enough" for the new you.

"When this is the case, some reassurance of your commitment to the friendship may be all that's necessary to put things back on track," says Huberman.

It's also important, the experts say, is to do some soul-searching about whether you may be putting a bit of distance between your new self and your old friends or spouse.

"You deserve to celebrate your achievements," Huberman says, "but it may also be worth asking yourself if your newfound joy might be perceived as a tiny bit arrogant."

If you think this might be true, don't downplay your accomplishments. Instead, share your joy about your new body, while explaining how, in the past, your weight may have kept you from being the assertive, active person you are now.

"In most instances, those who love you will not only get used to the new you, they will celebrate your newfound good health, good looks, and new attitude," says Holle.

If even after you try to include them in your joy, a partner or pal still resists supporting your achievements, it may be time to discuss the problem with a counselor. A professional can help you sort things out and determine whether the relationship is worth saving.

Published Mar. 10, 2006

Sugar-N-Spice
09-25-2006, 05:23 PM
Aliceshellique & Cartersmama :welcome2: It's wonderful to have you with us. Pull up a chair and stay awhile with us. We are a very laid back bunch who love a good time! We are here for you in any way we can help you. Looking forward to getting to know you ladies better!!!

♥danielle

sapphire35
09-25-2006, 05:27 PM
:welcome3: cartersmama

The Water goal is 100 oz a day, Whew.

The tour de Highway is pick a place you'd like to travel and how many miles it takes to get there by bike, jogging, or walking. You also what to know how long it would take you to get there as well. Like my goal is New york its going to take me until january and its approximately 964.7 miles. I got aways to go yet but i try to do about 8 to 9 miles ( bike or treadmill for me) each time I exercise. It really depends on the equipment or none equip you use to.

I believe danielle can explain the tree challenge to you for the fall.

sapphire35
09-25-2006, 05:29 PM
sorry melissa we were posting at the same time.

Hun.e.B
09-25-2006, 05:40 PM
LOL no problem trish...tour de highway...I couldnt think of what you named that challenge! Sorry I stated it wrong a couple of times!

~melissa

AlaskanMelody
09-25-2006, 07:25 PM
Hi Danielle and Ladies! Thanks for the invitation Danielle. I love the picture of Bob! I don't know how you stand that heat! We're on our way to Alaska! Talk about opposites! LOL So, what is the book you're all reading?

Well, a little introduction...I'm a SAHM of three (11, 7 2). We're leaving on a once in a lifetime trip on Friday - moving to Alaska! I'm so completely geeked I can't hardly stand it! We sold our home (and thankfully made a very nice profit) and we packed everything we wanted to keep into an enclosed trailer and we're heading out across the Dakotas, over to Washington up through British Columbia into Alaska. No home to go to. No jobs. Yep, our families (and every other person who hears our story) thinks we're crazy. BUT, they all say they wish they were doing it too! LOL It's going to be quite an adventure. If the trip is even half as great as I think it's going to be I'll be thrilled! I plan to make a huge life change with my eating/exercise lifestyle on this trip also. Hiking/biking is on the daily agenda. I finally broke down and weighed in today...189.5...UGH. But, it's a starting poing right? This is the last time I will see that number. 50 pounds to go. I lost about 85 pounds a few years ago - but managed to gain it all back. When I had dd (2 years) I topped out at 245. So, I'm down a bit - but not enough to be happy. And.....when Momma ain't happy ain't nobody happy. Okay, I guess I better stop blabbing.

Thanks again for the invitation. You all look like a great group of ladies and I look forward to being a part of your weight loss success!

Sugar-N-Spice
09-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Hey there Alaskan Melody! I am thrilled you decided to join us here. These women here are wonderful in so many ways, and you can certainly count on any one of 'em to jump in and give you the support you need!

Wow! Your trip sounds amazing and wonderful and a lil' scary all rolled into one! :lol: I gotta tell ya tho', those are the kind I love!!! Your kids will never forget it that's for sure! Oh, and the hiking & biking out there, will be absolutely breath taking I'm sure!! During all this move will you be able to keep in touch with us? I certainly hope so!

You sound like a woman on a mission, I say GO FOR IT! You will definitely get results with such an awesome attitude and winning spirit. Again, it's great to have you here with us! Lookin' foreward to the journey ahead with you.

♥danielle

Altari
09-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi all.
I lost some momentum but I didn't slip up. However, I took my monthly pictures and got a bit discouraged. I can see the changes, the very slight changes, but I look so "puffy." I don't know, it's just getting to be too daunting, the amount I want to lose. I feel like I can't keep going...

AlaskanMelody
09-25-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey Danielle, yes, my family insisted we buy a laptop to have on the trip so we can stay in touch - download pictures, etc. So, I'll definitely be checking in here every day for getting and giving support! It's on Ladies!

Sugar-N-Spice
09-25-2006, 07:42 PM
P.S, about the book.......
We're going to start reading a book as a group called "As Seen on TV", by Sarah Mlynowski. I had trouble finding it so I ordered from half.com for .75 plus shipping. You may get lucky to find it locally! I hope you'll be able to join us.

And about Bob.......
I ♥ Bob!!! Not only is he easy on the eyes, I find him motivating and truly caring to the people he trains. He really cares about what he's doing, I love that. And as for the heat...ugh! I am so ready for it to cool down! You do get used to it after awhile however, just would be nice to have normal temps like normal people! lol

Sugar-N-Spice
09-25-2006, 07:44 PM
Hey Danielle, yes, my family insisted we buy a laptop to have on the trip so we can stay in touch - download pictures, etc. So, I'll definitely be checking in here every day for getting and giving support! It's on Ladies!

Yay! Your family gets a gold star for good thinking!!! You will have to take some pics of your adventures, can't wait to hear the stories. You know on a trip like that there are bound to be stories! :D

♥danielle

Sugar-N-Spice
09-25-2006, 07:52 PM
Hi all.
I lost some momentum but I didn't slip up. However, I took my monthly pictures and got a bit discouraged. I can see the changes, the very slight changes, but I look so "puffy." I don't know, it's just getting to be too daunting, the amount I want to lose. I feel like I can't keep going...

Aw hon, I certainly know how you feel and understand the overwhelming task of losing "all that weight". Sweetheart you said it yourself on your pictures, you've got changes happening, especially in your face. I can SO tell big time!! You look mahhhvelous *said in my best Billy Crystal voice* dahling! I know that looking at the whole picture for me has been too much and I have had to really focus on baby steps. For right now I am only focusing on what I've challenged myself for Fall. 24 pounds, that's it. Also, going by how your clothes fit is a fantastic way to gauge your progress. You are doing it!! I think you look great. :hug: Chin up toots, keep shining it will all pay off in the end!

♥danielle

Amany
09-25-2006, 08:14 PM
:welcome: to alll you new ladies! We're so, so glad to have you! :grouphug:

I'm sorry I've only been in sporadically. Work was very busy. I'm about to run to Play It Again Sports for a treadmill. They have some used ones for $50 - 90. I want to look at them and see if I want one.

When I get home I'll have to get ready for bed. I'm going to work in production tomorrow morning from 6 - 8, then work my regular hours. I hope to be able to get to the personals then.

I really miss you all. :(

Butterfly50
09-25-2006, 08:27 PM
I would like to start off by given a big Hello to Cartersmama , Aliceshellique, AlaskanMelody. This is a great place to share and jest come togeather and it is a good place for Motivation. I hope that all of you will like it here.

I didnt get to walk tonight I will have to do a good workout tomorrow. I am still sore from using the weights on Saturday. But it feels good to find muscles that I didnt know that I had. Not too much going on here jest finishing laundry and cleaning up after dinner.

Well Check in tomorrow and Have a good night.

miafluker
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
hi everyone:hug: i miss you guys already ill be checking in once a day because my in laws have dial up welcome new comers you will like it here well im in new orleans we made it this morning i found out that tmo is on its way that explains my cravings and when i got to new orleans my mother in law had red beans and rice waiting, it just so happens its the big Saints football game tonight and the reopening of the superdome so its crazy down here we plan to go to bourbon street tonight for the after the game celebration its so great to see the city's spirit back also this week we plan to go the the casino as far as dieting well lets not talk about that but my sister in law will be taking me to the park to walk around the track and fighting the crowds on burbon street should be exercise and i bought my turbo jam with me
well have a good night guys and ill see you tomorrow

Hun.e.B
09-25-2006, 09:28 PM
Alaskanmelody...hello and welcome!!! so great to meet you!! Wow..alaska,that is quite the adventure. My mother used to live there she just loves it, my sister still lives there. I've done that pack up everything and go before and its scary...but it will all work out!! You've got alot to look forward to! How exciting! We've got kids the same ages! You can conquer this trip then you can conquer anything!! Even those weightloss goals!!

Altari..you are doing GREAT!! You've lost 14 lbs and 4 inches...the proof is right there that you are shrinking! 4 inches is ALOT!! Dont give up on you, you are worth the fight! Congrats on your amazing successes!!

Amanda...busy girl..is it keeping you out of trouble? I hope you had a successful treadmill shopping trip!! Our play it again sports has nothing but brand new stuff anymore...how can they call that play it again?? LOL!!

Bonnie...and all those new muscles are burning more calories!! Keep up the good work!

Mia...I hope you are having the absolute best time!!! And still being good to you!! Turbo jam on vacation...you are a determined girl!!!

Alright ladies I'm starving!! Time to get some dinner and back to the books!! Its been such a fantastic day!!! I'm very proud of myself!!

~melissa

AlaskanMelody
09-25-2006, 10:13 PM
Hi Melissa, Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to hear your Mom and Sister enjoy Alaska so much. We've never heard anybody say they didn't love it! What are you studying?

What kind of exercise does everybody do? I've seen mention of Turbo Jam...LOVE IT! I was doing really well with it a couple months ago...then we started packing and getting ready and it all went out the window. I was doing TAEBO when I lost all the weight last time. I REALLY enjoyed it. But, I think I kinda burned out on it. Turbo jam is basically the same thing with a little spicier music. lol I bought a Jillian Michaels DVD yesterday (because I was really stupid and packed all my other work out videos) and I can play it on the laptop so I plan to start that tomorrow morning. We'll see how it goes. I watched it today so I could see what to expect and it looks like a killer. Gotta start some time right?!

Well, Mom duty calls. Let's make the most of each day Ladies!

AlaskanMelody
09-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Good Morning Ladies! It's time to RISE AND SHINE!

WOO HOO - I did the Jillian Michaels DVD this morning. Wow. It was not easy. I'm sure I will be feeling it later, but it was good to move again.

Let's make the most of the day we've been given Ladies! Have a great day.

Bonnie - Thanks for the welcome. Finding those new muscles feels great doesn't it!

Miafluker - Thanks too for the welcome. Hope you're having a great time in New Orleans. How fun.

Must shower.

Butterfly50
09-26-2006, 09:35 AM
GOOD MORNING I hope eveeryone is having a good time .

Alaskan Melody I give you a big :bravo: and congrats on doing Jillian I looked at the DVD and I could tell I was strong enough to do that. I love the Walk away the Pounds with Leslie Sanson. She is pretty good for me at least I usually do a few of her videos a day. She doesnt require a lot of room and does simple things and dont require alot of different steps. I seen on the weather today that it is cold in Alaska I hope you have alot of winter clothing. My Niece was Born in Alaska . I hear it is a beautiful place. I hope that your trip is a wonderful experience for the whole family. Take lots of pictures.

Mia I hope that your vacation is going great I seen all the excitment on the Dome on the news. Jest remember everyone needs a littla RR now and then.

Amanda Did you get a treadmill? I have one that I hardley use I would rather take a walk in the outdoors. But they can be good I need to start using mine. I need to find the book on it and see about a tune up on it.

Danielle I jest love BOB too. I think that he is the best .

Altari I know what you mean I do that all the time. You jest have to take it one day at a time. You didnt gain all this weight in one and and you sure cannot lose it in one day. Their is no sure miracle out their for that.
Keep in mind that you are worth it and you can do it. We are here for you. If you need us give shout will be their for you.

I better be going now I have to get busy with the daily routine. More later.

By the way Iam sending everyone some:dust:

Amany
09-26-2006, 10:41 AM
I'm ducking in for a quick :wave:. I'm still trying to get on top of everything at work. I see a light at the end the tunnel; so I should be back this afternoon. :)

I got a manual treadmill last night for $49. There was one for $90 that I loved. It had a bunch of bells and whistles. But it wasn't collapsable and it was noisier than the manual one. It would have been fine if we lived in a house, but we're on the third floor of an apartment building. So no dice. I still like it very much. I'm sure I'll get lots of use out of it. Even though his intentions were good, I don't think my husband is going to want to go outside after work during the week. I'm a little too much of a scaredy cat to go out by myself at 6:30 in the evening this time of year. It's getting darker and darker.

I hope everyone is having a good day so far. As Seen on TV arrived yesterday. I can't wait to start reading it!

Hun.e.B
09-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Doing the drive by thing myself this morning! But I had to stop and say Good Morning!! I hope everyone has a fantastic day today!! I'll be back this afternoon to check on everyone!!

I made my water goal yesterday!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone!!

~melissa

CartersMama
09-26-2006, 01:20 PM
EKK! I am so excited! You all sound really great! I am looking forward to picking my city and getting there! As I sit here typing this drinking my slimfast I hear a little voice call out "mama".. I looked over and my son was trying to get me to eat his breakfast. hehe. I think I need to get him to stop doing that! I did take it but I set it aside. Yay!

Okay so 100oz of H2O! I think I can do that, I have the smallest baldder ever so that will be fun. :D

Butterfly50
09-26-2006, 02:02 PM
Good afternoon to everyone. Jest wanted to pop in here and say that I did 5 miles of watp it has realy made me feel energized here. I hope everyone is having a good day.

As you can see I Got the new pic of my grandson.

lovethatsara
09-26-2006, 02:56 PM
Good Morning Ladies! :welcome3: to all the fine ladies that joined us. I look foward to getting to know each and everyone one of you. I'm sure you love it here. :hug:

Danielle - I really enjoyed the article you shared with us. It gave me a lot of insight that I wasnt aware of. I havent encountered too much of that yet but when I do I'll have to remember that article. Thanks again for sharing with us.

Bonnie - your grandson is adorable!

CartersMama- that was real cute. you can always pretend your eating it and then put it away. I'm glad you are excited. Some of our destinations are far. Like mine, Im in Hawaii and going to california is 2,500 miles.

Congrats Mel On reaching your water goal!!!!

Amanda - you got a real good deal on those treadmills. I hope your doing great and good luck with work.

Melody - is Jillan Micheals the same lady who does Yoga Booty Ballet?

Mia - i'm sure you are going to do great. you'll have a lot of fun doing your turbo jam and hanging out with the inlaws. See you when you get home if you cant get back anytime sooner.

brat_61886
09-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Hey Ladies,

i just got back from my grandparents house and i feel so refreshed. There is nothing like sleeping in your own bed with ur lil dog lol. this is going to be quick because i have class, but ill post tonight when i get home. I talked to my best friend who is in Spain right now on a study abroad program (yes i'm sooooo jealous), but she is a total health freak and really skinny and she gave me some good ideas. I'll go into detail tonight. Welcome to the newbies and ill do individuals tonight!!!! love ya'll!!

Hun.e.B
09-26-2006, 04:02 PM
Good afternoon lovelies!!!

YaY Stacia..another Slimfaster! LOL! Thats my plan of attack right now too. How's the water going? I'm on my second bottle now! We can do it!!

Bonnie....way to go on that walk!! What a little cutie! Thanks for sharing!

Sara....Hello!! How's your day going?

Britt....Welcome back!! You are so right, there is nothing like your own bed!! I hope you are having a wonderful day!!

Okay the water is going down good again today. Its lunchtime and I'm out of milk! Go figure!! I absolutly hate the grocery store, I hate it I hate it!! If there was one thing I'd pay someone to do for me (if I werent so cheap that is) its to do my shopping! LOL!! 2 more days till I see the doc for my leg, I cannot wait and I'm scared at the same time. But I was thinking today, man it sure would be nice to be able to go for a little walk and know I wont be in pain. Thats all I ask for..no pain! LOL!! Keep up the good work everyone!! Be good to you!

~melissa

Amany
09-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Hello Ma'Ladies.

I'll just tell you in advance that won't be here as much as usual until the end of next week. This is the end of a quarter and the end of the month. It doesn't help that production was at a stand still for about a month due to parts shortages. So, I'm going in at 6 in the morning to help until I have to start my job at 8.

Part of my job is to enter data for the Quality Control Dept for every part and control that is manufactured. I've entered hundreds so far this week and there will be hundreds and hundreds more. Oh and let's not even get started on the invoices and receivers that I have to match for the accounting dept. :dizzy:

Then I come home and have to cook dinner, try to get some exercise in and talk to my husband. We've only been married a little more than a year. so we're still joined at the hip. I guess the newness hasn't worn off yet. :lol: I hope it never does! Then I have to get in the bed early so I can do it all again the next day. :faint: I'm tired!

So please accept my apologies. I've been keeping up with the posts, but I don't have much time to respond individually. But fear not! It will be over one day. :grouphug:

Sugar-N-Spice
09-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Getting a late start here today! It's been a busy day of errands and running around. I swear, grocery shopping with my dh is an all out experience every time I go with him. I swear it takes twice as long if I just went by myself! lol He's got to look at everything & he's such a marketing sucker its scary. :lol: Oh well, at least the shopping is done and the fridge is stocked for awhile. I have been dying for a yummy crunchy salad but am terrified to eat any green! Anybody else avoiding still?? Would kill for nice big salad right about now but just can't do it. *sigh*

Amanda, I hope this finds you caught up to speed and not so hectic. You've been a busy girl these days, haven't you? Yay, on the treadmill find! I hope it works for you! I had an old Nordictrak manual tread back in the day and it worked pretty good. How come dh won't be able to make walking with you in the evenings? Work take too long? Well, maybe now that you got the tread you can just supplement with that on the days he can't join you? Good luck with that, I know how much you were looking forward to using the track! Can't wait for my book to show up too, should be any day now. I'm just about to finish Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell...the girl who wrote Sex & the City...love her stuff.

AlaskanMelody, WTG getting that workout in! Which Jillian dvd do you have? I have the two-disc one that is mostly toning and strength...I really want the kickboxing one I seem to like that aggressive movement. LOL :D

Stacia, hello! So good to see you posting today. Aw, your little one sounds like a doll. Another slimfaster on board! I am doing it right now too and couldn't be happier. Good luck with the water. Am not having much issue with it as it is still in the 100's here! :eek:

Bonnie, love the new pic of your grandboy. He looks so happy!

Mel, great work on the water goal. good for you! Will be nice to finally get the leg issue taken care of so you can move on from here. Am super curious as to what he's going to do & say. Hope the foodplan has been on track for you, we've got leaves to rip off come Friday!

Amanda, just saw your last post! Gosh, more busy work for ya, well gee, don't they understand that you got priorities and that is to sit and talk to us? :lol: Hang in there kiddo, it will all be over before ya know it! Until then, we'll keep the light on and a warm spot on the couch for ya! :hug: And the joined at the hip thing? Nah, if you're lucky, it never goes away. At least it hasnt for me after 14years!

I've had a very good day food & water wise today. We ate lunch out at Quiznos but I did very well with my small turkey sandwich and baked Lays chips. Tonight dh is cooking so Lord help me, I don't know what we're having! Just gotta keep thinking Friday Friday Friday, leaves leaves leaves! :lol: So help me if I don't get to tear any off I'm gonna cry! :cry: Even tho the exercise still hasnt happened I've had a very good 4 days so I expect the scale to fork over some poundage!!!! lol

Hey, I was going to ask you guys.....
Now that you are eating better, paying attention to ingredients, etc...when you're at the grocery store or out for a meal, do you ever find yourself watching what everyone else has got in their cart or stuffing their faces with? lol I caught myself doing this once before about a year ago when I was trying to diet and just today I found myself doing it again while we were waiting to be rung up at the grocery. I was watching a lady in the next lane to us throw nothing but junk up onto the belt with not a vegetable in sight! All I could think about was man, how unhealthy are you really?? Cause she was as thin as a stick but her 2 kids were bouncing off the walls and had already dug into a package of teddygrahams while waiting. I find myself constantly playing a game with others groceries to see if I can calculate calories or figure out what diet they're on! LOL

Well girls, duty calls time to put my mom hat back on and go help with homework. I hope you've all had a super great day and are ready for another tomorrow!!!

~Be Well

♥danielle

Sugar-N-Spice
09-26-2006, 07:58 PM
Sara & Britt, how could I forget you guys!!!! So sorry!

Sara, I'm so glad someone got some use out of the article. I found it very interesting as well as I've had experienced alot of that years back when I lost bunches of weight. I'd like to think that I am more educated and know what to expect now. lol

Britt, so glad you had a good time at home. Nothing like being in your own bed is there?! Hopefully the tips your g/f gave you will help you out. It's always great when our friends can lend a hand in our weight loss efforts! Hope school is going well for you. And yes, I would be jealous of your friend too! LOL I would love to visit Spain! What a lucky girl she is.

♥danielle

Hun.e.B
09-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Amanda...we can all understand the busy, just try to pop in and give us updates when you can! I hope you get some good use out of your treadmill during that time too! But, we absolutely understand!

Danielle...you arent alone, I am just too scared to buy a bag of salad, any of the green stuff right now till they get it all figured out. They say they do but not 100%. I would love a chicken ceasar for dinner! Thats so funny you mention the carts. I dont so much look at other peoples carts but I wonder what people are thinking about my cart. Do I have too much junk? are they gonna look in there and say...well no wonder you are fat! Or are they gonna see the good stuff I buy and say hey...good job! LOL...as if I care! But still!

Whats for dinner? Its so nice out here, I'm firing up the grill and doing a pork tenderloin out there. Not sure what we'll have with it though...there I go again making the meat the main course! LOL! I hope everyone is having a wonderful evening!!

~melissa

Amany
09-26-2006, 09:54 PM
Thank goodness. I have a few moments now! :D

Sara - You're doing an excellent, excellent job with the E. Way to go chick!

Heather - Yeah, most of those pills are rip-offs. Try your best to have a balanced diet. Those pills that raise your metabolism are very bad for your heart. Please be careful and keep in mind that herbal stuff is not not regulated like medicinal stuff is.

Bonnie - You've always been my inspiration with your E. I'm glad you're back full-swing because I feed off of you.
You have the most adorable grandchildren.

Danielle - I know it's silly to be jealous of your weather, but I am. I don't like for it to go below 70. Granted 100s are a little high, but I just hate to be cold. I have to admit that I love having snow on Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. I'd trade it all for summer temps though!
My husband has no other reason for not wanting to go outside in the evening other than he doesn't feel like it. No schedule conflict. He's not tired. Just doesn't feel like it. :lol: Even if I wanted to go out alone he would have a fit about it.

Trish - Don't let the past weekend bother you. This entire month has been rough for me. I'm getting back on track though.
I hope you're able to get the toy idea up and running. Much success to you! :bravo:
Enjoy the little one! They are so precious.

Alice - Jump right in. We're pleased to have you! :hug:

Cartersmama - Welcome, welcome!

AlaskanMelody - Welcome. I'm so glad we're here to share your journey with you! Please tell us lots about your adventures.
I just started with Callanetics. My staples are Leslie Sansone videos though. No one on this thread agrees with me, but I love, love, love Harvey Walden. I have his fitness video and the workout is great. And I recommend it.

Hey Altari - Hey, I lost momentum too. No gaining and I think only about 3 pounds lost this month. Possibly four but I doubt it. But we're getting our acts together, right? ;)
Don't focus on the enormity of it. How do you eat an elephant???? One bite at a time!! I stole that from Liz, but it's fitting. :hug: Cheer up my friend. And don't quit.

Mia - I'm glad you're having a good time. I wish I was there with you!

Melissa - Me preggers?? :dizzy: :D That would be grand but I'm not. I hope to be by early next year though!
I'm glad you're doing well with school. You continue to amaze me lady.
I'm glad you're appt with your doctor is coming up. Please let us know what happens right away. :hug:

Britt - I love it when you show up! Come back soon and tell us about your new revelations.

I think that was everyone. If not I'm sorry that I missed you. I will try harder next time. Nite all!! :grouphug:

brat_61886
09-27-2006, 02:21 AM
Hey Ladies,
Well i dont know why all of a sudden this is happening to me. Usually i'm totally fine, but now at night i get very lonely. Its weird. For some reason I think my man hating days are over and the begining of my search for mr. right has started. This is very scary for me. My last boyfriend was when i was 16-17 and he was 23. He went to Iraq and i knew he wasnt totally right, but he came back and was totally crazy. Threatened to kill me and almost did kill someone at a walmart. Luckily the man survived, and i was in Texas and he was in Colorado. But after that i didnt really want anything to do with men and just said they were all dogs. This whole spiritual search ive been going through has made me more emotional also. I'm not really sure if i like it. Actually i know i hate it. I hate crying and now i'm crying watching stupid commercials. Anyways, tonights drama was basically me looking at my yearbook from last year. See i moved back here from mexico when i was 16. the year book was all of my friends senior year. I dont really have any regrets, and the few that i do have, mostly i would never take them back because they make me who i am now. The one that i do regret is not finishing highschool with my friends. I never finished highscool. I got my GED. I really miss my friends. okay thats enough of that now on to other things...

As i said before i found out what Britney Spears workout was before Kfed and the kids. Back in the days when she did I'm a Slave for You. Any of you who saw her video know she looked AMAZING. the Closest thing to perfect as i have ever seen and believe me ive looked. so here goes
3 days a week
30 side crunches, bicycle twists, leg raises and one other that i cant remember the name ( 3 sets of 30)
Arms
3 sets of 10 Bicep curl and tricep kickbacks
Chest and Back
3 sets of 10 fly excersises, chest press, seated row and lat pull downs
Shoulders
3 sets of 10 free weight shoulder press
Everyday
On days that i do the weights i will do the bike for a 10 min warm up and then do the weights and then do 45 mins of Elliptical at the end
On days i dont have weights I will do a 10 mins warm up, do 2 sets of 30 for abs and then 1 hour on the elliptical.
After workout i will stretch a lot and i'm thinking about doing 1 yoga class a week. Probably at home so if you guys know of a good video let me know.
This workout will be done 5-6 days a week. If i need to rest then i will do yoga that day instead. As for food, well no more ordering. I'm going to the grocery store tomorrow morning. Working out is never really a problem. Once i get into to it, i'm hooked, but eating is always hard because its so much easier to order somethin.

Personals

Melissa THANKS!!! okay so i missed the thing with your leg, but if its in your joint, consider going to a chiropractor. I went to a doc for my knee and he sent me to physical therapy for 4 months. It was a waste of money and with 2-3 visits to a good chiropractor my knee is perfect. I hate the grocery store too. my friend told me to think of it like a lil adventure...didnt work.

Danielle Yes i watch other people a lot. I hate to say this, but when i was about 15 i went on a diet that developed into a eating disorder, first anorexia and then bulimia. Part of Anorexia is feeling superior to others because they are eating and getting fat and your not. its all very twisted. Anyways i still have some of the same habits. Things like calculating things. it used to be calories and now its everything. I cant live without a calculator. I usually only go thru that for a month and then it will slow down but something triggers it ever now and then.

Amanda
Sucks about work. I wouldnt be that nice. being there at 6 am...screw that. some nights its almost that time when i go to bed. anyways glad to see you are keeping everything up. My friend told me that working out and eating right is nothing but a damn mind game. its not like i'm not screwed up enough as it is i get to play a freakin mind game with myself.

I have to go to a tiger refuge soon and i might post some pictures. I have to write a report for my tech writing class. They are going to give me a private tour and everything. Anyways i better lay down and try to get some sleep. i have a full day tomorrow.

To all the newbies and everyone i missed...HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will get to everyone else tomorrow. This takes up enough as it is!!!

Butterfly50
09-27-2006, 09:28 AM
Good Morning!

Jest wanted to start off by saying I Lost 4 pounds this week. I am doing pretty good here. I hope all is well with everyone else. I did 5 miles of leslie and took my two mile walk too. I was feeling pretty good last night . My Muscles are still a little sore here but they will be doing fine I can at least say I know I have some.

Things with me right at the moment is going good It helps not to have a house full. I wake in the Am do Breakfast work out and spend time on the comp Clean clean and clean some more. I want to say Thanks for all the complaments on my Grandchildren. I think they are adorable . well I better be going I have lots to do have to walk to the store and will catch you all later.

Hun.e.B
09-27-2006, 10:14 AM
Good Morning lovelies!! Man was it nice not to stay up till midnight studying and get up at 6 to do some more!! Tonight we have a going away party to attend for someone dh works with at this really fancy restraunt in town. Hor Dourves and cocktails. Luckily the food will all be stuff I dont like...calamari, ahi ahi, stuffed mushrooms. I'm gonna make myself some teryaki stirfry before we go and sip a cocktail. Thats the plan of attack!

I made my water goal again yesterday!! Thats 2 days in a row!

Brit....I think its very normal for you to start feeling how you are feeling right now. Just means you are growing up and ready for those grown up relationships. And with all that exercise you are cranking out that fit healthy body is going to have you that much more ready. I cry at commercials all the time! LOL!! I'm a big sentimental baby! And, I graduated from HS early so I missed prom and all that kind of stuff. At the time I just wanted out, now I'm kinda sad I missed it all. As far as my leg, yes I think I'll be going to the chiropractor, its actually my back, I think I have sciatica, but the pain is in my leg so thats why I complain about. I want to see what the doc says first. Keep up the good work girl!! I hope you got some sleep!

Bonnie...WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! Way to go lady!! 4 lbs is excellent!!! I'm so very proud of you for taking control and getting it done!! Keep up the good work!! Have you been checking out the biggest loser site to see the 36 other states that didnt make it? I looked last night Arizona lost 24 lbs the first week!! The lowest was Kansas who didnt lose anything.

Alright, someone is up and I'm gonna lose my shower time if I dont run now!! Have a fantastic day today everyone!! I'll be back this afternoon to check on you!!

CartersMama
09-27-2006, 11:38 AM
MORNING!!

I was able to run 4.30 miles on the eliptical! WOO! Tonight I have my reformer pilates class and spin class right after that, I need to go find my spin shoes as I almost fell off of the bike last week and had a total Bridget Jones moment.

Danielle- I so know what you mean! Even when I go out to eat I notice it too! It is funny how you notice things like that now!

Brat- (sorry dont know your name) Thanks so much for posting the workout! She did look amazing in that video!

Melissa- Yay on the water goal for two days!! That is great! Your plan of attack for tonight sounds great!

Everyone, have a wonderful day! I need to go dry my hair before it dries on its own! Talk to you later!!

lovethatsara
09-27-2006, 01:53 PM
Stacia - wow! 4 miles in the eliptical! Good Job. I remember when I used to go to the gym, I used to love going on that. Boy was that a workout all on its own. you couldnt go too fast and you couldnt go too slow either.

Brat - a tiger refuge! Totally post pics!! hehe I love tigers, if they werent so dangerous i'd probably want one as a pet hehe.

Melissa - you sound like you had a great dinner! mmm makes me hungry.

Danielle - you are more educated or at least you seem to me. I always enjoy hearing your advice when I have "issues". hehe.

Bonnie - Congrats on the 4lbs lost! thats awesome. Keep it up!

on Monday I hurt my shoulder, spent most of the day at the doctors and yesterday I was so afraid of hurting it again that I didnt do much excersizing. I was lifting up the table with one hand and trying to move the fax cord with the other and when I realized I couldnt do it i stood up and got immediate pain. my doctor said that i used my back muscles to hold up the table and when I went to bend over it gave out, thats why my pectoral muscles and some muscles in my shoulder hurt. Im doing okay this morning, they gave me a perscription for one massage, I havent used it yet but boy would that be nice!

Hope everyones doing great and good morning :)

miafluker
09-27-2006, 03:00 PM
hi everyone is seems you guys are doing great i honestly havent even worked out yet so im going to have to work extra hard when i get home keep up the good work guys

AlaskanMelody
09-27-2006, 07:48 PM
Good Evening Ladies,

Just a quick check in. We've had a lot of company and running to do today...a lot to do before we leave Friday. It feels like it's piling up. Anyway, food has been fine and the water is going down well. I read the posts and have a couple of comments but I'll have to wait until tomorrow.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Amany
09-27-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm getting remarried!!! :carrot:

Last year my husband and I had a civil ceremony. I've always regretted not having a minister preside over it. In 52 days we will!!! :D November 18!

My boss, who's also a pastor is going to do it. Her church is actually in a small house. The sanctuary is the livingroom. It will be just my husband, my oldest brother (who is giving me away and taking pictures) and me. I'm going to wait until the last possible moment to get my dress. Meanwhile I'm going to be working my butt off like crazy. :woops: :running: Literally! :lol:

I'm just going to get an off rack formal bridemaid's dress or something. I'm so happy!!

lovethatsara
09-27-2006, 09:13 PM
CONGRATULATIONS AMANDA! thats wonderful I'm happy for you hun!

Hun.e.B
09-27-2006, 11:22 PM
Congratulations amanda!!! Thats so exciting! and something to really work your butt off for!! Literally! LOL!! thats just so neat!! I'm very happy for you!! I would love to one day renew my vows, I think we need to do that after all we've been through, one day!

Girl, I failed so bad tonight! Just a miserable miserable failure! should I get into the dirty details? ugh...it was bad! Its over though, not much I can do about it. Just sucks because I know I gotta weigh in at the doctors office tomorrow and tonight is gonna show! Put it behind me right? Oye!! Alright, gotta get the kiddos to bed! I hope everyone is having a wonderful night!! I'll be back in the morning to catch up with what I missed tonight!!

~melissa

Butterfly50
09-27-2006, 11:54 PM
Jest heading to bed and wanted to pop in for a minute. I watched the BL and I can tell you I was a little excited that the red team won tonight and the blue team had to kick some one off. They jest had tooo much confidence in that they would never lose. I am heading to bed and will talk to you all in the am.

Altari
09-28-2006, 01:24 AM
Hey ladies...

Thanks for the support. I had a rough few days, but they kicked me in the toosh and now I'm back on track.

Bonnie : I missed the BL. :( I'm waiting for a download for it, because they don't rerun. It was a great first ep. :):)

Melissa : You couldn't have done too much damage in one night. You're doing great and just keep yourself f.o.c.u.s.e.d.

Amanda : That's awesome! Are you going to give us pictures? I'm so very excited for you - hubby and I are in the same boat, but we are waiting for our official 'remarriage.' Congratulations!

lovethatsara : I hope your shoulder gets better quickly. Upper back injuries can be a pain [literally] to deal with.

I was thinking about something and didn't know if anyone would be interested. I have a gallery on my website that can create user accounts. If anyone wants to post pictures there they are welcome to it. It's not quite as quick loading as Yahoo or Photobucket, but we could all keep tabs on each other easier.

Butterfly50
09-28-2006, 11:30 AM
Good Morning

Amanda I am so excited for you. Me and my DH talked about it but that was all their was. We thought about doing it on our 20th Ann but that has come and gone so no dice for me.

Melissa Altari is right you couldnt have done that bad in one Night time. Everyone has to fall off the bull and then they get back on and get riding again. Believe me I am proof of it. No sweat wipe your self off and keep riding.

Lovethatsara I know how you must feel with your arm. A few weeks ago I pulled something in the back of my knee and I couldnt do too much for a few days but Now I am better and you will be before you know it.

AlaskanMelody I know as the days gets closer you must be excited to be on your way. I would jest like to say that I hope you stop and take it all in and I hope that you all have a safe trip. I know what it is like moving to a place you ahve no one and it can be tought be you guys will prevail. we are hear for you.

Mia I am hoping that you are having a wonderful time on your vacation. Dont stress on it everyones needs some RR sometimes.

Cartersmama Boy sounds like have hit the workouts Spin class and Pilates on top of running. Boy

Better be going I would like to work out before I have to take my daughter to the doc. Catch you all later.

CartersMama
09-28-2006, 12:18 PM
Amanda! Congrats girl!! Sounds like fun!

Melissa, I am sure you are just fine! Today is a new day!

Altari, that sounds like a good idea! I need to get my before pics done sometime soon. argh. Not looking forward to that!

I did pilates and spin last night and she worked me hard! I could hardly move when I woke up. I am so hungry today for some reason. pmsing maybe? ger. I cant make it to the gym today, but I am going to "little" gym.. aka my son has his class today that I take him to and chase him around there. But later on I have to go visit my Dh's grandma. So I will eat good today, and go to the gym tomorrow! Have a great day ladies! Talk to you all tomorrow!

Amany
09-28-2006, 12:46 PM
Thanks everyone! I'm excited about "The Big Day" too. We're going have pictures taken. I will post them after the wedding. :)

I can't get over how tired I am. Crawling out of bed is such a chore. It's the early mornings and the super busy days. Thankfully I'm hourly; so I'll have mega overtime on my next check. I had been considering coming in on Saturday, but it's 50/50 right now. When I see how tired the folks in production look, it makes me feel guilty. They're working longer hours than I am and they're the backbone of the company. I want to do what I can to make things easier for them, but getting here at 6 on Saturday morning just doesn't feel doable at the moment. Hopefully that feeling will change.

Bonnie - Four pounds! You're workout routine is awesome. I hope all is well with your daughter. Are the doctors and the school being helpful?

Altari - I'm glad to hear you're back on track. I think what happens is that we hit a wall at some point. Then you're sort of at a crossroads.
I think posting all of our pictures is a great idea.

:hug: Melissa... :hug: Don't beat yourself up. We hang a lot on the number on the scale don't we? Ugh! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it! :tantrum: I refuse to even weigh myself again until Oct 26. I know it's been a lackluster month of ups and downs and I just don't want the discouragement.
Try this... When you're weighing, don't look at the number and ask the nurse / assistant not to tell you what you weigh. Explain that you're working on it and you don't want to know the number right now. Tell the doctor the same thing. Before he / she can even open his / her mouth. And for goodness sakes don't look at your chart! Let us know how things go. I hope they're able to help you with the leg pain.

Sara - Thank you so much! I'm blown away by your progress. Do you have problems with your calves burning when you run? Mine burn like the dickens. I was told that it's just going to take time for those muscles to build up.

AlaskanMelody - I hope your trip is everything you've dreamed of and then some. You guys are so courageous. :bravo:

Mia - I'm glad to hear you're loving your trip. I'm still jealous.... :)

Cartersmama - 4.3 miles is fantastic. Keep up the great work. You're contributing so much to us with your energy and motivation. :hug:

Britt - Thanks for sharing the workout with us. Brittany did look fabulous in that video. Thin, but still muscular and shapely.
I think it's great that you're going to a tiger refuge. That's exciting. Tigers are my favorite cats. In fact I love all tabby cats! :D

Amany
09-28-2006, 12:49 PM
Where are you Danielle?? :(

Hun.e.B
09-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Thanks for the pick me up girls!! I know I know move on, I'm over it I think! LOL!! My own worst critic. I just got back from my docs appointment and he's pretty sure its sciatica but wont know for sure or what kind of treatment until after he sees the Xrays and that wont be till next week. So in the meantime he gave me anti inflamatories to take for pain. And the one thing he did stress was losing weight, he said shedding some pounds COULD (not guaranteed but could) reduce the pain, so I'm taking that advice and running with it!! I told him I was working on it and had already lost 6 lbs and he cheered.

Anyway, wanted to let you know that info, I gotta run over to the school now and go classroom to classroom explaining the fundraiser to the kiddos. Good times! NOT! LOL!!

I'll be back after that to see how everyone is doing!! Keep on shining everyone!! Have a fantastic afternoon!

~melissa

Hun.e.B
09-28-2006, 02:51 PM
LOL amanda...the doctors scale actually weighs me 2.5 lbs lighter than mine so I was pleased! I asked if I could take it home with me! LOL!!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
09-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm here! I'm here! Thanks Amanda for askin! Just been a busy coupla days that's left me with no computer time. Kids have had projects due so that's had me running around all over looking for things for them while they've been in school. Then they come home and hog the computer! LOL

Amanda, congrat's on the wedding!!! How exciting. And I know you will look fantastic in a new dress! Cannot wait to see these pictures!!!! What a great motivator to get you going with everything. We got married in Vegas at a major hotel, it was alot of fun. But I think we're going to renew our vows again soon and probably by Elvis if dh gets his way! LOL I hope work is going alright for you, and you're not burning the candle at both ends!

Altari, I am so relieved to here that you're back at it! Good girl! You are making such great changes and you have lots to be proud of!!! Hang in there, the weight WILL come off!

Stacia, great job on the workout!!! Maybe one day I will think about spin class, I think I would like it. However first I need to lop some of this weight off! Enjoy your time with your son, how fun!!!

Mel, glad things went okay at the dr and there weren't any surprises. Sounds like he's supportive and excited to see you lose. Hopefully pain meds will help? Would be nice to get a walk in, I'm sure.

Bonnie, them's fightin words lady!!! lol I am all for the blue team...GOOOOOOO BOB!!! :D I am not liking the new trainer at all. She can't even keep control of her team whatsoever and that bugs me. You know if Jillian had been there she would have commanded that attention & respect. They ALL had fabulous weigh ins...heck I would kill to lose 8pounds in a week, let alone 12,16 or 20!!! :lol:

Sara, I hope your arm is feeling better! Nothing worse than an unexpected injury to sideline all your good exercise progress! I'm glad you find what I have to say helpful, I try. :o

AlaskanMelody, I hope you are hanging in there and not too stressed with all you have to do. Good luck getting everything done and packed so you're ready to take off so soon!!!

Mia, I hope you're having a blast in New Orleans!!!!

I had a revelation today. I finished getting ready and gave myself a good look in the mirror and by-golly I really do love the way my hair makes me look! LOL Seriously, you guys know me and my aversion to the mirror and all that. But today for some reason I felt up to it and did it and I really truly love the way my hair is. I am wearing it longer than I have since high school and that's a feat in itself. Usually I get sick of it at about neck length and hack it off. Now it's well past my shoulders and I love it. I actually think I look younger and healthier with it longer. Hhhmmmm :chin:

Have an awesome day gang!

♥danielle

Butterfly50
09-28-2006, 04:32 PM
Hello

Danielle Iam sorry but I was kinda ticked off the way the blue team jest thought they were so indespencialbe their . They all working for the same thing. Then when they guy on the red team was crying becasue his son was in ICU. I was soo glad that Kim Kicked their butts and made them work . Sorry didnt mean to offend any one I Love Bob too. I jest thought they were too Cockey last night for their own good.

Melissa I dont Blame you when I was going to the doc I would tell him how wrong is scale was . I am glad that everything worked out for you. Way to Go. I know what your going threw with the pain when we were first looking for a condition on my son they thought it was a Sciatica too. But then fond it was Anklosing Spondlitis.

Amanda I used to hate to work overtime never seem to get to catch up on stuff. Well the school is wonderfull right now. They have it where the Doctor comes to the school and see her and they have a thearpist that comes and sees her at the school too. Went in today and met with the Child Phycatrist and she has said that she has diagnoised her with Anxiety disorder and not ruling out that she has ADHD since it runs in the family on both sides. They gave her Prozac only 5 mg right now and we will go from their.

I better be going I have soo much to get done.

Sugar-N-Spice
09-28-2006, 05:35 PM
No offense taken Bonnie. Just playin with ya. Really did feel bad for the guy with the sick son--that would be scary! I just think that the blue team comes across that way because of what they're being taught from Bob. He teaches to be confident and excited about what they are doing and to truly believe that they are the best. Every single season it's always been shown as Bob being more nurturing, trying to figure out the "why's" to some of these people's reasons for overeating, never saw that with Jillian, and you certainly won't see that with Kim. He truly wants to know what makes these people tick! I think the blue team feels more secure with their leader than the red team does that's for sure.

♥danielle

Butterfly50
09-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Danielle Yes I see it that way too. I love Bob . I thought he was a more caring person then Jillian. I didnt care for the way she did things . You have to get to the root of the problem before they can make a life change and I think that Bob is in that all the way. I dont have high hopes for Kim either but I thought it was kinda funny when everyone was laughing and it made her mad. She jest didnt kick their butts in the first show and they thought they could be slow about it . she had to kick their butts in the second if she wanted to get anywhere. Cant wait to see what happens next week.

Did you know that you can go on NBC and they have a cook book , complete calorie counter book. also a sound track . I sure was supprised. Not too bad either in price. the shipping is almost as much as the item.

Sugar-N-Spice
09-28-2006, 07:51 PM
Did you know that you can go on NBC and they have a cook book , complete calorie counter book. also a sound track . I sure was supprised. Not too bad either in price. the shipping is almost as much as the item.

No I haven't seen any of that, how cool! I did find a little notebook & pen that had Biggest Loser and Bob on it tho somewhere. LOL It doesnt' surprise me that the shipping is so much. I still can't figure out why people feel justified in ripping us off for that! We should revolt I tell you! lol

♥danielle

Butterfly50
09-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Danielle If you go on NBC and then click on for the biggest loser if you scroll down look off to the Left side and their will be a little box with it was the soundtrack and click on it and you can view all the Biggest loser stuff . They have hats , shirts, Hoodies, the book, video, Pen and notebook, cookbook, calorie counter book, and more I emailed them becasue it says you can pay by check or money order and all it does when you enter all the info is want a credit card number. so we will see.

I looked SC up and the lady that is doing that has only lost 9lbs. Is any one else keeping track of their state?

got to get some other stuff done before bed I hope to check in before I go.

AlaskanMelody
09-29-2006, 07:17 AM
Good Morning Ladies,

Geesh, I definitely did not get in enough water yesterday. I was incredibly thirsty last night so I drank too much too late - then yep, couldn't sleep because I was up all night 'going'. I really am not enjoying getting older! LOL

Danielle - You are just too funny. I love it. The Jillian Michaels dvd is called FRONTS (I'm pretty sure) lol. It works all 'front' muscle groups. It was a good workout.

Amanda - I've never heard of Harvey Walden...I'll have to check it out. CONGRATS on the renewal! We renewed our vows two years ago (at 15 years)...DH surprised me at our daughters baptism. He had it all arranged. It was very nice.

Sara - No, Jillian didn't do the Yoga Booty...she is the old trainer from Biggest Loser. Sorry about your shoulder!

Stacia - WOO HOO on that 4.3 miles! You go girl!

Bonnie - 4 pounds! Happy Dance:carrot: That's great! We will definitely be taking it all in on our trip. We're planning 30-45 days...we'll see.

Melissa - Yep, that bad day is behind you. I'm glad you didn't let it turn into a series of days! Good job getting it back together.

I have to run Ladies. Let's make good choices today!

Butterfly50
09-29-2006, 09:49 AM
Good Morning Ladies, Boy not much going on here lately. It is so nice that today if friday. The weather is sooo nice here today high is only going to be in the mid 70s I cut the AC off and opened the windows . I hate being all cramped in a house. Nice time to air the house out.

Got a phone call from my step daughter last night and they are having some of the same problems with the step son who was staying with us. I am sooo glad it is them and not us.

Got to get busy Iam going to take this day to get some cleaning done.

Hun.e.B
09-29-2006, 10:08 AM
Good Morning everyone!! Its friday!! This week went by WAY too fast! I didnt make it back yesterday to do personals, after my stint at the school working on fundraiser I was dying so I took a pill and OMG!! Out for like 2 hours. So I dunno if those are gonna work. I was really tired yesterday though so that may have contributed we'll see how it goes today. I've got classes all morning then back to the school to finish up first and kindergarten.

Tomorrow we have this big party to attend for grandpa's 90th birthday. My inlaws are throwing it. any of you who dont know my inlaws and I dont like each other...AT ALL! Except grandma and grandpa I love them! Will be interesting to say the least because i do not plan on putting on my Mary Sunshine face at all! I know that its not very good for me to do that, but these people are the most vile, diabolical, shaddy people you could ever know.

On a good note I had a fantastic day yesterday, got more than my water goal in! Would you believe I completely forgot to do my official weighin today!! And i'm already down 1/2 a bottle of water so I'm not gonna do it now, I will in the morning though!! Airhead! LOL!!

Stacia..you are doing so great!! Little gym sounds fun! I remember when mine were little ones, they are so independent now its sad! I hope you are a little less sore today and can get that workout in!! keep up the good work!!

Amanda...hows it going? Got a little more energy today? I hope so!! You are such a good person for going out of your way to help production when you dont have to. Even giving up some of your weekend. 50 more days!! Doesnt seem like long at all does it!! Have you started dress shopping?

Danielle...I'm glad you are starting to see what the rest of us see when you look in the mirror. You are beautiful! Thats a great moment you had yesterday, more of those to come! How'd WI go today? How many leaves did you rip off!! Can you believe I forgot?!! What a ditz!! LOL!!

Bonnie..you scared me! LOL!! I had to research your sons condition but nope, doesnt sound like my pain at all. Thank goodness! I'm rooting for the blue team too, I just love Bob so I gotta. I missed the first hour of BL this week so I didnt see the blue team being cocky but I agree with Danielle, Bob is instilling that win it all attitude in them. You are doing so great!! Putting up some amazing losses!! Keep it up girl!!

Melody...Good morning!! I usually have the same problem with my water, i do it too slow early in the day. Something we gotta work on! LOL!! Keep up the good work!!

I know I'm missing a bunch of people...hello to you all!! Anyone heard from Aqua? Have a wonderful day everyone!!! Be good to yourself! This isnt an easy battle to fight but it is a winnable battle! We can do it!! One choice at a time!!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
09-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Coming in super duper quick. On my way to wake the kids, so gotta be fast. I wanted to tell you guys that I lost 2 pounds! 2 leaves are off my tree!!!

Will be back for personals after errands this morning!

Be good ladies!

Danielle

CartersMama
09-29-2006, 11:23 AM
Happy firday everyone!!!

Yesterday was not such a great day. eh. But that is okay right?? I was eating this salad from trader joes. I thought all was good with it, I swore I checked everything out on the back of the box before I bought the darn thing. So I am sitting here eating it, and all of the sudden half way through it I decided to look at the back of the box.... um 800 calories. WTF?? Its a salad! I threw it away. :o Last night I had a couple cookies. I have been doing great in the sweet department. I have errends to run today, but then I am going for a walk and doing either Core Secrets or Windsor Pilates at home. I dont usually make it to the gym on fridays, so that will work out great. I need to go get more slimfast too.

Melissa, I know what you mean about ILs. I think we might have the same ones. ;)

Danielle, yay on the two pounds!!! That is great! Keep up the good work hun!

Melody, I hate hate those nights!! I have to cut myself off from drinking water at like 7:30 or I am up all night long peeing! Its a nightmare! And this reminds me to go get a water right now!

Ladies, Have a great weekend! I will try to pop in, but we have a lot going on this weekend. I think Carter is ready for his big boy bed! So we are going to go look at those. I have also talked DH into going walking with me on the weekends on the beach. YAY! Okay, gots to run!

Butterfly50
09-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Danielle

:bravo: On your weight loss. Thats great.

I have noticed that my favorite jean shorts arent killing me any more.:carrot: :carrot:

got to run

iwantnewpants
09-29-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi Ladies....

It's been a while, but I've been hanging out in Setback Central Station.

1) My 40 mile walk is off as I was told this week that I have a stress fracture in my foot. I'm very sad about this, but I suppose there's always next year.

and 2) I've been sick with the stomach/regular flu all week. In fact, today is the first day I've been at work. It's been fun, sexy times. Grrr.

Anywho, I have a ton of work to do, but I wanted to give a great big hello to all the newbies and a great big hello to all the oldbies! I'll be checking in this weekend!

Liz

AlaskanMelody
09-29-2006, 03:39 PM
Danielle - WOO HOO!!! Great Job!

Hun.e.B
09-29-2006, 05:02 PM
Good Afternoon all!!!

Danielle!!! WWWWOOOOOOFREAKINWOOOH! LOL! I'm so happy for you girl! You stuck to it and you kicked some butt this week!! 2 leaves bite the dust!! Did ya burn em? LOL! I'm so proud of you! You did so great!! Keep it going!

Stacia...800 calories from a salad!! Oye!! Could have cheeseburger for that! Good lord! Did it have nuts and avacodo on it or something? Good thing you looked LOL! Awww...the big boy bed! I remember my girls moving into those, they seem so little in that great big bed, then again they seemed too little for the crib too LOL!! I hope you guys find something great for him!!

Liz?...do we know you? Ah yes the naked train rider!? LOL!! Well hello there stranger its GREAT to hear from you!! Time to get on that train though! You can do it I know you can! And we'll all be right there cheering you on! I'm sorry to hear about your foot and that you've been so sick!

Alright everyone!! I hope you have the best weekend!! I'll post my loss for the week tomorrow...notice I said LOSS! lol! Yes I'm confident! Be good!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
09-29-2006, 05:36 PM
Thanks guys for the cheers! Feels really good to be edging away from that darn 250 mark. I NEVER want to be there again EVER in my life. :no:

Melissa, my leaves are "sitting" at the bottom of my tree on the 'ground'...the kids want to see the leaves there to keep track for me. LOL I hope you have a great turnout for the fundraiser for as much time as you've put in! Those people should be kissin yer feet lady!! Can't wait to see how many leaves you've dropped this week. I bet it's alot!

Bonnie, I hope you are enjoying your weather. Nothing I love more than having all the windows open and having that breeze come in. So refreshing! Of course, with the bonehead neighbors we've got, may not happen. What, with all their cigarette smoke and floozies.....:rolleyes:

Melody, yeah the Jillian dvd's I have is a 2-disc set: Full-frontal & Back in Action. I haven't yet completed these yet. Today was the day you were leaving, no? I hope you guys will have lots of fun! How often will you be checking in with us? Oye, the water thing can be so disruptive in the middle of the night! I've been drinking oceans of water ever since my first son was born 13yrs ago, so I'm pretty used to it now. Water was what I craved most thru all my pregnancies..weird. I swear I just "go" in the night w/out even waking up because I am still slugging water at 10pm. LOL

((Liz)) How's my nekkid train rider today!! We've missed ya lady, it's awesome that you're here today. I am so sorry about your walk being cancelled!! I know how hard you worked for it, but I guess on the plus side, look at how much great training you got! You're right next year will be there, and you will be alot lighter by then! I hope you are feeling better, the flu stinks don't it?! I am finally not coughing anymore, it's been 3 weeks! Stay well, and look forward to hearing from ya this weekend!

Stacia, how ya doin chicky! Wow, that really bites about the salad, what in the world was in there? I hope you were able to get your workouts in today, you're doing so well with all that!!! Awww, big boy beds!! I remember those days, I cried. LOL Speaking of beds tho, we were just out shopping this morning for a new bed for my son....no baby anymore, he'll be 14 soon!

Well, tonight is casino night in our household. :D My kids love to play poker & blackjack and my hubby's the dealer. It's really a hilarious sight to behold, they all get so rowdy. But we're doing it up big tonight. I printed out invitations for the kids for a "private party" with drinks & food. Needless to say there will be lots of goodies that I need to keep my fingers out of! I really need to stay strong, gotta keep that momentum flying right now.

♥danielle

brat_61886
09-29-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey ladies,

okay so nothing really new. ive had the stomach flu the past couple of days...not my best moments but its all good. i'm going on a 2 day fast so hopefully that will get everything back in order.

Amanda-thats so cute ya'll are getting married again. its so sweet!!!

Melissa- good luck with the inlaws and hope the doc comes back with some good news with an easy treatment plan!!!

Danielle- Congrats on the weightloss and the poker night is soooo cute. More families need to do things like that. I almost never did with my grandparents. the only time we ever even really sat together was in the car or to eat on special occasions. it kinda sucks not that i look back on it!!!

AlaskanMelody- lol thats not age chick. I do the same thing. I have to have a water cut off time. ive gotten up 6 times in 1 night before and i'm only 20!!!

Liz- hope you feel better!!!

Well like i said tomorrow is the 1st day of my 2 day fast and then starting monday my butt is back in the gym. everyone have a great night!!!

Brittni

Butterfly50
09-29-2006, 10:08 PM
Jest wanted to stop in for a few . Things here are going ok. Havnt made the water goal yet but I have been doing good on the eating. I will catch up with all you tomorrow.

Amany
09-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Hello!!!

It's soooo nice to be at home on an early Saturday morning. No one even in production is working this weekend. I think they're just about caught up. Thank God! :tired: :faint:
I woke up at 6 this morning and I was not able to go back to sleep. Perhaps it's better for me to just stay awake. Have some coffee, straighten up and tackle my Callanetics. I can't wait to buy my dress. Right now my 20s (and 18ws) are too loose and my 18s are too tight. I am thinking of just being brave and buying a sz 16 dress. I think I could get into it in 7 weeks.

Liz - :hug: So good to see you! I'm sorry to hear about you're having t0 sit the walk out. Don't let it get you down too much. I hope you feel better soon. Stomach flu.... Not too pretty. Take good care of yourself, lady.

Speaking of the stomach flu... Britt, you had it too?!! How did it happen? Was it an email from Liz?! :lol:
Take care of yourself too. And don't push too hard. :hug:

Oh no.... I just hugged both of the flu ladies. I wonder if I'll get sick too? :( :shrug: ;)

Danielle - Congrats on the loss!! :bravo:
If you and hubby get to renew your vows with Elvis you've GOT to post pictures. You can't do something like that and not share it with the rest of us! :lol:
Casino night sounds fun by the way. I love the way your family does things together. It's so, so important.

Melissa!! 2.5 pounds less on the doctor's scale? That's gotta be a first. I always weigh 4 - 5 pounds more at the doctors. I'm glad your weigh in was like that. These things can be really stressful, can't they?
I don't think you have to put on a happy face for your in-laws. It's just too stressful. Just be you. Enjoy the grands' company, but speak your mind when you need to. You're not wrong for that. Or just avoid the nasty in-laws if it's possible. You're no one's whipping post.
Are the anti-inflamatories helping you?

AlaskanMelody - Harvey Walden is the deranged drill sargeant on Celebrity Fit Club. Although he's been rather tame this season.
I hope your trip got off to a great start!

Bonnie - Our workout queen!! How are you today Your Majesty? :)
Congrats on your loosened shorts! That's a major accomplishment.
I haven't been tracking the person from Michigan. In fact I forgot to watch the show. :( I'll have to get on the ball next week.
I'm glad to hear that your daughter's needs are being met. So many people can tell you stories of going through school and being labeled as lazy or disruptive. But all along, they had an undiagnosed problem. It's good that she's getting help while she's young.

Cartersmama - I know about those sneaky calories in salads. By the time we're done with cheeses, dressings, croutons and avocados a salad can have a ton of calories. I've found that salsa and low fat sour cream is a good dressing substitute. If you're eating your salad with seasoned meat, you can get away without dressing. I would skip the croutons and go very easy on cheese. If at all.
I can't begin to tell you have many times I've gotten up to use the restroom in the evening. I've just accepted it as normal at this point.

Well, Ma'Ladies, I'd better go. I'll check in later. Have a great weekend everyone!

Hun.e.B
09-30-2006, 11:27 AM
Good Saturday morning everyone!!! Well I'm down 1.4 lbs for the week. 1 leaf off my tree!!! Not too shabby considering some of the choices I've made (especially Wednesday night) but also my dinner portions have been out of control! I've been eating WAY too much for dinner. I'm going to go back to using the little plate, starting my meal with a great big salad full of veggies and when my plate is gone it goes to the sink and I get away from the table. I've noticed that I'll finish but I'll stay at the table to keep chatting with my family and while I do that I pick. My focus for next week is going to be portion control!! I think I've got the water down good.

Has anyone heard of BLTs? no not the sandwich! LOL!! BLTs are Bites, Licks and Tastes. In essense its the picking we do all day long...a bite here, a lick there a taste while cooking. Those BLTs add up calories! And they can add up BIG if you dont keep them under control. So Danielle and I'd like to challenge you all to a week of no BLTs (I say Danielle too because we talked about them last night) If its not a part of your meal or your snack you dont need it!! What do ya say? Think you can make it through a week of no BLTs?

Hun.e.B
09-30-2006, 11:42 AM
Danielle...how did casino night go? We are SO stealing that idea from you!! LOL! We usually play poker when we go camping but we didnt go this year. Fordan's poker faces are just unreal! She has us in stitches all night! Now my biggest question is did you avoid the brownies and the PB cookies? I bet you did...2 leaves, 2 leaves!!!

Bonnie...great job on the eating!! How's the water today? Got your waterbottle handy? I finally watched the whole episode of BL last night. I didnt think the blue team was cocky at all, I thought the red team was. They are the ones winning everything. Red is 2 for 2 in the challenges and 1 for 2 in the weigh ins. I loved that they got boxes from home, I hope the blue team gets theirs soon! How sad to deny them that stuff huh? And I hope we get an update on the one guys son. That epi had me in tears practically the whole time. Wouldnt it be grand to put up those numbers though? Sheesh! Guess thats what eating healthy and working out 5 hours a day will get ya! LOL!!

Britt....ugh another sickie!! I sure hope you are feeling tons better! Be careful with your fast! Those have always scared me. Right back on track...you rock!!! Keep up the good work! That sexy body is waiting for you!

Oh Amanda I bet you'll be in a 16 in 7 weeks no problems, it may even be big! Stick with those amazing workouts thats whats REALLY going to sculpt you right down. I'm so glad you got to take the day off and just enjoy yourself and get the things done you want and need to. Life is too short to work that hard and be that stressed. Enjoy your weekend!

and to everyone else who hasnt checked in yet....:wave: hello!!!! Hows your day going? Still looking for Aqua!

Does anyone know anything about anti-imflamatories? The bottle said take 1 tablet twice a day as needed for pain. So does that mean only take them for pain? Or take them twice a day to remove the pain. I dont get it. My dh thinks that anti-imflamatories work when you take them on a schedule. I've noticed they dont start working till 2 hours after I've taken one, but I have only been taking em if the pain gets really bad. The pharmacy and the doc are closed till monday otherwise I'd ask them.

Okay off to do my homework! I want to hit the farmers market this morning for some more Huckleberries and some salad fixins. And we've got the party with the outlaws this afternoon.

Have the BEST day everyone!!!

~melissa

Amany
09-30-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm with you on the BLTs. No BLTs!! :)

If you're supposed to take the meds twice per day, then I'm pretty sure you should have it every 12 hours. This will keep a consistant amount of medication in your system at all times. I usually take ibuprofen for my cramps, and my doctor advised me to start taking them the day I felt that I was nearing my period. So the meds would be working by the time the cramps started. The only anti-inflamatory I am familiar with is ibuprofen. That takes a while to work too in my opinion.

I think the directions mean to take them as long as you're suffering with the pain. If I were you, I would probably take them twice per day at least until I saw the doctor again. If you stop, the pain will probably come back and you'll have it until they start working again.

I think I am going to go for the 16 by the way! :D

Butterfly50
09-30-2006, 12:21 PM
Melissa Is their another pharnacy that you can call and double check. If the doc gave you the anti flammatories then you should take them. It controls the inflamation and then you wont be in pain its like a two in one shot. My son has to take them and he told them the other day he only takes them as needed but the doc told him he needs to take them twice a day because that would help control it so their wont be pain. I may be wrong these doc all have their own opion I would check with some one who knows If all else fails call the Hospital and ask if some one can tell you. I got my BL book out nad read it agin yesturday and I swear I read something that I didnt see the first time. I cant wait till next week they are going on a cruise.

Amanda I can tell you I was feeling pretty good this morning I peaked at the scale and I thought it was lying to me it said I weighted 275.5 . I was 279 on wed. I stepped up my workout this morning I did the Weight traning on the BL dvd and then I did the 1 mile Get up and get started and then the 2 mile super fat burning and then I wanted to see if I had enought to do the 3 Mile High Calorie burn and I did . They finally cut the grass last night so I will have to walk today and I wont be eaten by bees , Catipillers, or get stuck by the sand spurs any more.
When My Cousin was getting married we were on a diet togeather she went and tired a dress on and went back to have it fitted and she had to get a smaller size. My congrats go to you .

I wanted to tell you all that I went on NBC and seen the new stuff they had out The cook book and calorie counter. So I thought I went to Books a million on the net and they have them their too so to save me them Big shipping charges I am going to see if I can find it locally. They had both of these listed I didnt find the book and pen. I am going to check out sams wholesale. see if they have it.

Melissa I forgot to say that I scared you the other day I didnt mean to. SORRY.
Got to go get some stuff done have lots of water to drink today.

Hun.e.B
09-30-2006, 12:36 PM
I had to share the view out my patio with you guys. This is my neighbors tree...dont you just LOVE fall!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k45/Fryday13/ottostree.jpg

Sugar-N-Spice
09-30-2006, 01:30 PM
Good Morning Sunshines!!!!

How are all you lovely women doing today? I hope you are all off to a great start to your weekends! Hanging in there over this way, praying it doesnt get too warm outside! I've got to clean my sliding glass doors outside today, but I won't if it's gonna be over a 100 again today. You would think the sun would get the hint over here, eh? lol I keep telling it we don't want all the attention, but some how he doesn't listen! :lol:

Amanda, so good to see ya this morning!!! So does this mean since production seems to be almost all done that you won't be away from us so much? It's been strange not to see you several times a day here! Yeah, will definitely post pics if we decide to renew our vows. Not sure when/if we'd do it any time soon, but it's an idea that's been floating for a couple years already. Yeah, we had a blast with the casino thing, my kids love it. We've got friends who were horrified to think of us doing a casino theme...gambling..etc. But hey, it helped my youngest learn to count when she was little! LOL They love it, especially when their dad gets crazy. :dizzy:
And I definitely agree, you will have no problem getting into a 16!!!

Melissa, I think your dinner idea will help you out alot. I use a small plate and think it helps tremendously. So easy to load up at dinnertime, you are so not alone with this! The salad will help too, plus you get all those yummy veggies! I did pretty good with the food last night! 1 piece of everything and only a handful of nachos. I could've gone back for 2nd, 3rds & 4ths! All of it looked super good, and tasted yummy. But I was good!!!

Britt, I hope you are feeling better today! :hug:

Bonnie, good golly Miss Molly!!! You exercise diva!!!! Wowzers that was alot of exercise this morning. But hey, look at those scale results, huh? Definitely well worth the effort I'd say. Good for you Bonnie, I'm so happy for you!!!

Yes, casino night was a blast, the kids had lots of fun and lotsa food!! I was a very good girl. I made the decision to indulge in a piece of a few things because I knew without a doubt if I deprived myself last night, today was gonna be a big ole bingefest. I'm glad I did it too, as today I don't feel compelled to justify having any of that stuff. My son ended up winning blackjack by a landslide. I was the first one to run outta money, course mom was being daring and placing big bets! lol We never even got to poker, the kids were having too much fun with the other, and it took hours. Wore my girls out soon after, they were out like a light by 10pm!

I am still laughing to myself a week later about something I discovered about my neighbor upstairs. LOL Have you guys ever seen that movie Dodgeball with Ben Stiller & Vince Vaughn? If you have you'll remember Steve the pirate? Well one of the guys upstairs looks exactly like him(without the long hair)!!! I saw him up close the other day & spent the rest of the day giggling to myself. I told dh and apparently he'd been thinkin the same thing but had forgotten to mention it. LOL Now every time I see him I just wanna scream at him GARRRRR!!!! Ha! I've lost my mind in this burning blazing heat of ours haven't I? LOL Cause it's been over a week and every time I hear him up there I start laughing. :crazy: Actually, I dunno what happened to them up there, but they are actually being quiet. They actually use the doorknob to the front door and use the sliding glass alot slower instead of ripping it open at 3am. Progress!!!!!!

Well girls, time has come to don my maid's uniform and start the cleaning. :devil: But I hope to be back here in a bit to check on ya'll. Have a fantastic afternoon everyone!!!!!

♥danielle

Sugar-N-Spice
09-30-2006, 01:33 PM
Melissa I am so jealous!!!!! Look at those trees!!!!!! That's it. I'm coming to live with you. :lol:

Oh and yeah, forgot to mention about BLT's. Paying attention to these things will help out so much girls, I promise!!! I swear, there were days where I swore I didnt eat anything but then really paid attention to these blt's and OMG, that's where all the calories were!!!! I'm gonna really focus on this this week and see what it gets me. Good luck ladies!

♥danielle

Sugar-N-Spice
09-30-2006, 01:37 PM
Ok, it must be all the sugar from last night......... I can't believe I forgot this!

Congrat's Melissa on the loss this week!!!! All things considered this was a good week, wasn't it? Good for you!!!!!! :dance:

♥danielle

Hun.e.B
09-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Way to go last night Danielle!! You did GREAT!!! You faced the temptations and you won!! I'm so very very proud of you!! See you can do ANYTHING if you just set your mind to it!! Excellent job!!

We just got home from the farmers market. We got some apples, purple potatoes, plums, cheese and SPINACH! LOL! I figure its gotta be okay right? Didnt come from california and its organic. Now I can make myself a fresh yummy salad! I've decided that today will be my "day off" instead of tomorrow, just because we've got this party with the outlaws and I know I'm gonna need a drink to make it through. We'll see! I shouldnt let them derail me, but really you've NO idea what I'm dealing with! LOL!

~melissa

Sugar-N-Spice
09-30-2006, 02:07 PM
Ohhh Melissa, I think I have some idea what you're about to go through! :devil: :devil: God bless you woman! Frankly, to be in the same room with either my MIL or SIL, one of us is gonna have to be dead. :p

Hun.e.B
09-30-2006, 02:46 PM
LOL...well if you see on the news tonight...woman kills MIL and SIL police declare it justifiable homocide....thats me! LOL!!

brat_61886
09-30-2006, 04:27 PM
Hey chicks...okay so one word of advice...when ur fasting take it easy. i'm bored out of my mind so i got up to clean up and got really dizzy. i have another 40 mins for my next shake thingy so i'm ganna try and stay still...My stomach is better. Honestly now that i think about it. i dont know if its the stomach flu, or just me not having my gal bladder anymore. ive had so many complications from it. i'm one of the small % that do. Everyone else is eating like cows.

Amanda- thats so awesome your clothes are getting loose. About the wedding dress...dont they run small??? thats what ive always been told. someone that is like 16 usually has to buy a 20?? no idea if thats true but if it is you might wanna wait 3 or 4 weeks before you buy it and then whatever fits you get a size smaller and work your butt off.

Melissa- that means 1 every 12 hours but if the pain starts before the 12 hours is up, you can go ahead and take them. ive been on many of them. Congrats on the loss!!! that picture is horrible!!!*cries* i dont want summer to ever end!!!! I'm so horrible. i hate the winter but i love spring and summer and since fall leads to winter i dont like it either, but the weather is nice.

Danielle- thats awesome you guys had such a great time!!! The last time i tried to watch dodgeball i was drunk and it was still to stupid for me to sit thru!!! how horrible is that??

Well ladies 30 mins for my next shake thingy and then i'm ganna try and get organized a lil bit. have a great day!!!

Brittni

Amany
09-30-2006, 04:53 PM
Amanda- thats so awesome your clothes are getting loose. About the wedding dress...dont they run small??? thats what ive always been told. someone that is like 16 usually has to buy a 20?? no idea if thats true but if it is you might wanna wait 3 or 4 weeks before you buy it and then whatever fits you get a size smaller and work your butt off. Brittni

I had no idea! Thanks Britt. I think you're right. I should try on dresses three weekends from now and go a size smaller. You're so wise.... :)
I agree about the pictures. I'm a summer too. The only time I like snow is for the holidays. Then I want it melted the next day and no cooler than 80 degrees. Maybe we should move in with Danielle...
What type of shakes are you drinking? Just promise us that you'll be careful. We don't want anything to happen to you. :hug:

Melissa - I heard that spinach is ok again. I'm kinda happy to hear of it. I have to admit that I'd probably chicken out of buying it at the last minute though. It's going to take us a while, isn't it? :(
Please don't kill your outlaws. It would be rude :nono: You can cuss em out though! :lol: I hope you have a great time in spite of the company you'll be keeping.
Congrats on the weight by the way. Hey, go ahead and use half pound increments. Let's say you lost 1.5 pounds! ;)

Danielle! Don't encourage Melissa to kill! :nono: It's ok to injure though. I think she should push, kick or trip them! :D Thankfully my husband and I like and dislike the same people in our families. Neither of us feel obligated to spend time with the ones we don't like. Yep. We're anti-social folk! :D
I will still be really busy at work for most of next week. I still have a lot of entereing to do. It would be as bad though. Things should be slower by Wednesday or Thursday. I'm just glad to be going in at 8 now instead of 6. And no more weekends!!! :cb:

Bonnie our Butterfly! Congrats on the 3.5 pounds. WooHoo! You're my hero woman!

Well, I'm about to hit the tread. BBL Lovelies!

brat_61886
09-30-2006, 06:46 PM
lol Amanda the shake is from beach body and omg...if anyone wants to do it, make sure u do it 2 days that u dont have to go anywhere!!! it cleans you out big time. ive had to "go" about every hour and its like, when it hits u better start running because its not going to wait for you to get there lol sorry if its TMI

Amany
09-30-2006, 07:09 PM
Britt!!! I can't use those shakes! I'm trying to get remarried. Not put out and divorced. :lol3:
It's a good thing you saved it for the weekend. ;)

Sugar-N-Spice
09-30-2006, 08:19 PM
Who me, Amanda? Me encourage? Get out!!! :D Seriously, just from my own situation that's how it's gonna have to be. Mel? She's on her own for whatever she wants to do. LOL Somethin' tells me tho, she feels like stringing hers up just like mine! :p

Good idea about the dress Britt! See, that's why we need some "young folk" to talk to us! LOL I am SO sorry about the issues with the shakes! But. If they are nothing but fiber or protein, yup, that's pretty much what it will do until you get used to it. Sorry hon! I can feel your pain, whenever I've started a low carb plan, I'm like that for about 2 or 3 days in the very beginning.

Amanda at least there's an end in sight and it's coming at the end of this week! Yay!!!!

♥danielle

Amany
09-30-2006, 09:09 PM
Wait a minute! I've seen that Beach Body stuff! A woman in the same aisle as me in the vitamin store drew my attention to it. Let us know how it goes, Britt. It's on Ebay for 10 bucks. I'm an Ebay queen :D

iwantnewpants
09-30-2006, 09:14 PM
Yippee! A weekend post....I'm so excited! :D Thanks for all the well wishes from everyone....I really appreciate it. :hug: The walk thing had me pretty bummed out....but I've been doing pilates and am going to start swimming this week. So, at least there are still some exercise options and at least I'm not in a cast up to my thigh. But, on a hilarious note, my 92 year old grandma offered to let me use her cane.

Time for some SHOUT OUTS! Holla!
Amanda: The remarriage is SO GREAT! That is SO wonderful and I am so so so so happy for you guys. As for the dress thing....Britt is totally correct. When I was a size 4 (I was 17) and in my sister's wedding, I had to get a size 10 bridesmaid dress. So, DO NOT get discouraged when trying on those dresses. A friend of mine who got married a couple of years ago brought up a very good point......why on Earth do those dress companies design the dresses like that......YOU'RE THE BRIDE......you should be able to buy a size 0 even if you're a size 58! I thought that was pretty funny. :cool:

Britt: Glad to hear you're doing some fall cleaning. Hardee har har. I'm sorry to hear that you've been sick as well. Perhaps we should not e-mail each other for a while. :p

Bonnie: Congrats on the GREAT loss this week! That's wonderful! You are the one driving this train right now and are totally keeping me motivated. Thanks lady! :D

Danielle and Melissa: Yes, I am naked (nekkid) and riding the train! Toot toot! :carrot: I also played some nekkid (naked) mini golf today. It was awesome.

Danielle: Garr! I LOVE that movie....it is so freaking funny. And I'm so jealous that you live beneath Steve the Pirate. I live beneath Bill the loud walker. I swear he's in the cast of Riverdance. Which is cool....don't get me wrong.....Lord of the Dance......GARR! :tantrum:

Melissa: What a gorgeous view from your porch. I'm looking out at my porch right now and I see.........another building......an alley.....some power lines. Sweet. I can't complain though because we can see Wrigley Field and the entire Chicago skyline from our roof deck. Yeah for roof decks! :lucky:

My roommate went down to our law school today/tonight to do some recruiting for his law firm. Booo. He's my best friend (it's a "Will & Grace" setup) and we have oodles of fun together. He just went through a breakup (and I'm kind of in the middle of one) and we've been spending a lot of time together lately so I miss him! :( But, he'll be back tomorrow and in full effect for CFC and FOL!

Alright ladies, I have to go compose my latest masterpiece which I will share with you shortly. :D

Smooches,
Liz

iwantnewpants
09-30-2006, 09:45 PM
Naked In-Laws, by Liz

Cast:
Danielle, played by Danielle
Melissa, played by Melissa
Amanda, played by Amanda
Liz, played by Liz
Danielle's In-Laws, played by the cast of DeGrassi Junior High
Melissa's In-Laws, played by the legendary jam band String Cheese Incident

Act I:
Scene begins with Danielle and Melissa in an Arby's, plotting against their in-laws.....
Danielle: So, you'll bring the vacuum cleaner.....
Melissa:And you'll bring the Flobie Hair Cutting system.......
Together: We'll shave their bodies and choke them with their own hair (both laugh maniacally)!!!!!!!!

Act II:
Scene begins with D&M welcoming their respective in-laws to a party at Bobak's Polish Market....
Danielle: (swirling a glass of wine and in snooty accent) Fabulous meat section they have here, right......
Melissa: (swirling a snifter of brandy and in snooty accent) Indeed indeed..........MIL, have you seen my new vacuum cleaner?
Danielle: NOW! (D&M proceed to Flobie all the body hair off all their in-laws).
Amanda: (busts in to Bobak's Polish Market) What the HE$L is going on in here?!
Danielle and Melissa: AMANDA!
Amanda: Seriously, don't choke your in-laws with their hair! That is not cool!
Danielle and Melissa: You're right. We will let you live in-laws......and let you experience the fabulous meat section of Bobak's Polish Market.
Amanda: Now, can someone help me......I've lost so much weight my pants are falling down.
Liz: (enters Bobak's Polish Market, swinging golf club over her shoulder) That's precisely why I don't wear pants.

END SCENE.

I love you guys!!! :carrot: :carrot: :carrot:
Liz

Sugar-N-Spice
09-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Liz, that was freakin fantastic. I LOVED it! :rofl: Thanks so much for the laugh, I needed one today. What an awesome way to end the evening.
We love you too!!! ♥♥

So yeah, Steve the Pirate, but man, he is so not as cool as the "real" one. :rolleyes: I think the people up there are part-time Riverdancers or rehearsing for a broadway musical! Then you add their dog to the mix...such lovely sounds!!! GARRRRRRR!!!!!!! There's something to be said for talking yourself out of doughnuts with a pair of nipple-clamps, no? :D :p Or an "affair" with a slice of pizza?

Glad you are feeling better hon! You definitely have lots of options for exercise, yay!!!! I was just looking into some swimming stuff this afternoon. I seriously do not know if I have the guts to toodle around in a bathing suit!!!! :eek:

♥danielle

Sugar-N-Spice
09-30-2006, 10:08 PM
Hey you guys, if you haven't seen already, check out Kenya's (rkrs6673) progress pics in the 100lb club. She looks fabulous!!

rkrs6673
09-30-2006, 10:57 PM
Danielle-- Thanks, this was so funny to see because I was just coming here to say hello to eveyone.

Amanda I also like your progress pictures. Keep up the great work.

I went to the gym today to meet with a personal trainer. I think I am going to stick with my dancing and just add a few of the things she suggested. Some of the things are still just too hard for me to do. Have a great night ladies :)

jazy
10-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Jazzy. I am currently going to college f/t and working f/t so everything I do has to be planned years in advance but I am hanging in their. I work at a hospital and i am constantly walking. I knew i needed to lose some weight when I was out of breath after walking up eight steps. LOL:p . So, now I came back to 3ft. i was wondering if It would be cool if I could join this thread. I have been reading your previous messages(original and funny) and you all seem very nice!!!!:carrot:

I am still not sure what diet I am going to start or exercise program but I am starting to eat more healthy.. I am open to any suggetions that have been working for the rest of you !!!
Short term
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/tulip-bar/fireworks01/lb/240/220/240/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

LONg TERM
http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar098/slider-scale/lb/240/150/240/.png (http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tracker/)

Amany
10-01-2006, 09:45 AM
Here's our new thread for the week.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95016