Old 09-24-2006, 09:16 AM   #1  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Question Skin! Skin! Skin! Help

Anyone have problem with droopy skin. I've been losing the weight which is great but a by product is my droopy skin . I have been exercising for about 6 weeks now. It doesn't seem to be helping. I can feel my muscels getting harder but the skin isn't tightening up. I am 57 and I've been told at my age the elasticity of my skin won't come back. Has anyone else had this problem and is there any answer other than surgery? My face is starting to look like a bull dog with droopy cheeks. (pardon my spelling)
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:25 AM   #2  
LAWL Member

S/C/G: 214/178/150

Height: 5'1"

I am not sure - havwe you tried using lotion...I will ask a friend of mine that had the g.b. surgery...she eventually did have surgery agian to remove the excess skin but before hand she felt like she was seeing some benefit especially in the face area by using some specific lotion....
MickeySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 09:46 AM   #3  
ROSIE

Thanks Micky. I did find a great thread after a lot of looking and searching. Thought I'd post it in case someone else has the problem. I'll see if I can include the link properly.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

Hope it might help others
Old 09-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #4  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

I am 26 Years old and never had any kids.. I read that link you sent.. I am wondering if I am going to have this skin issue??
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #5  

you might want to check out http://www.faceliftingbyexercise.com
lady hawke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 11:31 AM   #6  
FBD/8-18-08

I wrote to a couple of "losers" that have successfully lost over 100# and asked about excess skin. They said that is the #1 question they receive. Their answers were different. One said that she did have excess skin and had 4 surgeries to take it off. The other said she chose to live with the excess skin and has no problem hiding it in her clothing while still wearing much smaller clothes and no one knows.
The bottom line from both was this: Don't let the skin problem hinder your weight loss. First of all, you'll be healthier. Second, excess skin is different for everyone. The younger you are, your heredity, your health, etc. Lastly, one of them said, "Lose your weight and then give yourself a few months to adapt. Then if the loose skin is a problem you can't handle, have the surgery or gain your weight back". Kind of puts it in perspective, doesn't it?!?
I know for me, I needed to hear that you can live with the excess skin because surgery is not an option for me unless it becomes medically necessary. Gave me a little peace.
Hope this helps.
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 03:39 AM   #7  
ROSIE

Thanks Prazteam, I think I'll just deal with it. I will look into the face exercise.