Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-23-2006, 11:54 PM   #1  
Finding the hidden me

S/C/G: 212/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy I am disgusted with myself.

Hello everyone..
The past two weeks have been great... I've been staying on my diet according to plan, getting in adequate exercise, and have lost a total of 8lbs....
But today I had a major downfall. I didn't really feel hungry all day, but ate as scheduled. When it came time for dinner, I went downstairs to make my lovely chicken-ceaser salad, only to see that my mother and brother had ordered pizza for dinner. I caved and ate two slices for dinner, instead of my salad. I am SO MAD at myself I drank a lot of water with it, but I am so worried that I ruined my diet and am going to be 8 pounds heavier when I wake up tomorrow. What can I do to help with the guilt I feel? I had such control. I resisted all kinds of sweets and foods, but not tonight.
Im feeling so down on myself, any encouragement would be highly apprecuated,,,
TillyGirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:01 AM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Tilly, please don't beat yourself up. We've all had those moments when it all "went out the window" and we ate something we weren't planning on. Good job on the 8 lbs. that is excellent. You only had 2 slices and that isn't very much. Most people would have had more than that. I have succumbed to pizza before when my family was having it and like you, I had 2 pieces. It didn't hurt a thing in the long run. This is life and it happens. Hop right back on the wagon with the rest of us. I had movie popcorn tonite and didnt' intend to and like you I'm drinking a lot of water. There is no way that pizza will cause you to gain that 8 lbs. back that is for sure. Hugs.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:03 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

oh lordy if I kicked myself that hard everytime I had a trip .. I would be black and blue for years .. slips happen .. and 2 slices is not going overboard.. put it in perspective for yaself .. you didnt' sit down with a box of cookies and a gallon of ice cream .. ya had 2 pieces of pizza .. its o..k..! You hung in there the whole day doin what you were supposed to .. ya drank all ya water .. you did great! quit beatin up on yaself .. if ya don't .. ya could REALLY have a spiraling downfall .. this is a life change .. and changes take time.. you learn as you go .. ya make adjustments to make things liveable .. you sort it out.. you will be ok .. just take it a day at a time!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:18 AM   #4  
future triathlete

S/C/G: 187.5/148.5/129

Height: 5'2"

Tilly - I've been there, too. The important thing is to keep it in perspective, and to learn from it. It may have felt awful, but there's no way you'll wake up 8 pounds heavier.If you'd eaten a couple of whole pizzas.... I know how you feel right now, but you'll feel better as soon as you get up and start a new day tomorrow. Even though it probably sounds kinda silly, I always like to exercise after I feel like I've slipped up - so you might feel even better if you start your morning off with a walk when you get up. You're doing great so far, so please don't beat yourself up about. Get a good sleep and start the day off fresh tomorrow.
sierra_ttw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 02:07 AM   #5  
Beam me up Scotty!

S/C/G: 310/218/140

Height: 5'6"

You are fine! We are all human.

As was mentioned before, we really need to get out of this "diet" mentality of depriving ourselves for a time and then think that afterward our lives will go on differently. If you look at this as a lifestyle change you can more readily look at the choices you make at any given time as just that, a choice you made at that moment...not dependent on or indicative of any other moment.

Probably the worst thing you will experience from pizza is the increase in sodium. That means if you are sensitive, that you could have retained water or swelling. If you are increasing your water that is the best thing you can do. Add the walk that someone mentioned, it always makes us feel better when we feel like we can "do" something about it, puts us more in a state of power.

I recently decided that I had to modify my plan because I felt that it was something I could not do for the rest of my life. I started adding things back in because I was NOT going to leave them out the rest of my life. Maybe you need to look at what you are doing and see if you want to make changes. While i'm not a proponent of processed foods, you could consciously decide to add in a treat now and then. To plan in advance definately takes care of the feeling of being out of control or the guilt and of course going over any kind of limits you may have decided you need in place. Just a thought.

Tomorrow is not determined by today!
cantforgetthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:00 AM   #6  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

2 slices can be easily put off. The real downfall would be to go all "oh, I've blown it, might as well eat two whole pizzas now". I've calculated it once for the average pizza here (cheese/ham/tomato/pizza pasta); 200 g were about 400-450 calories, and 200g would be about two slices, is that it? So give or take, if you blew anything with those slices, it was by 100 or 200 calories, not MUCh more. In other words, nothing that can't be caught upon tomorrow, or the day after tomorrow.

I hope your day will be better, and I wish you courage to get back on track as soon as the sun sets!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:15 AM   #7  
Spanish chick

S/C/G: 142/127/???

Height: 5'2''

Thumbs up

Hi,

Umm.. people here have gave you tons of good advice so I only can add something: Next time you eat two slices of pizza... enjoy it! . A cheat meal isn't something bad if you are doing a good work the rest of the time. In fact some experts says that is a really great thing! It can boost your metabolism a little if you have lowed your calories too many days. Anyway, if it can't boot your metabolism something is still true, if you don't feel guilty about it a pair of slices of pizza are delicious and can lift a little the huge presure of "doing always the right and healthy thing". I'm not planning to avoid pizza all my life, and you? .
mokenju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:11 AM   #8  
t's babygirl

S/C/G: 310/310/175

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up Congratulations on the 8lbs !!

Sounds like you have been doing great and drinking the water and even extra water when it comes to pizza was a great thing you did. I know because pizza is my very favorite food in the world and it makes me swell unbelievable. But you can look at it this way..you had 2 slices ( not much in and of itself there) so now you have had that pizza fix and are ready to charge forward maybe in a few weeks or months you can plan ahead to have a slice again. The guilt will go away when you get up the next morning and get right back on track and start by drinking a few extra glasses of water the next few days. You are doing great and coming on here and asking was help for terrific of you so I know you are on the right track..let me know how it goes...congrats on the 8lbs again.
t's babygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 10:54 AM   #9  
Finding the hidden me

S/C/G: 212/203/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone!
Thank you so much for your encouragement and support!.. I feel so much better this morning. I think I was so proud of myself for not slipping up for two whole weeks, that I was so quick to judge myself after I messed up. I enjoyed those two slices, it was afterward, when I felt that heavy feeling like I've just eaten something that my body isn't used to, that I felt guilty. This morning, I will take my dog for an extra long walk, and try not to beat myself up about it any longer... today is a new day... thank you so much everyone!..
Now, Im off to make my blueberry oatmeal and whole grain toast before church...
Have a great sunday, ladies and God Bless!
TillyGirl04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 11:32 AM   #10  
LLV

Those aren't slip-ups, they're life. I mean, we're IN this for life, right? Can you imagine going the rest of your life without ever eating pizza again? No way. And you shouldn't have to.

Put it behind you and move on.

P.S. I stole a couple pieces of pizza over this past weekend myself, lol.
LLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:49 PM   #11  
~~Maintainer!~~

S/C/G: 346/186/186

Height: 5' 9"

Great advice from everyone. One more thing to remember is that to gain a pound, you have to eat 3500 more calories than you burn. The pizza would have been under 800 calories, maybe far under. So even if the sodium causes the scales to go up a bit, you can't gain weight from two pieces of pizza. Keep going, don't let this get you off track.
jtammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:57 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 236/207/175

Height: 6ft

funny thing here is ... last nite after i posted i went in the kitchen and was pokin around cause was hungry and found out that my stepson had gone and gotten pizza for supper and had left overs .. i kinda grinned and figured ..heh .. that looks good!! so i had 2 pieces and smiled my way thru em enjoying every bite.. savoring it .. knowing it will be a while before I had it again .. I think thats what we forget to do sometimes .. we forget to enjoy our food .. and our treats.. cause the whole time we sit there goin .. i really shouldn't eat this! But I do know what ya meant about your body not used to eating those kinds of foods .. but that is a good thing .. getting that feeling ..cause ya kno you are doing something right to the point your body reacts to it .. whereas before .. my body would of said ...2 pieces?? EXCUSE MEEEE but you can do more and better than that!!! and ya kno ... i used to think it was right ..but we have had a meeting of the minds .. i promise to give it healthier food .. and it promises to remind me when i don't!
owira is offline   Reply With Quote