Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 09-23-2006, 05:42 PM   #1  

Unhappy The 6-Month Itch!!

I am freaking out! I have done really well after the surgery so far, weight loss- and eating- wise.. Not too great with the exercise, but I am trying.. However, a few days ago, I started to eat and eat and eat.. I started to feel like the past 6 months did not happen, and I am back where I was before the surgery and this is scaring me! I was so happy with what I have accomplished, I was so happy with the "new eating habits" I have acquired, but now I am starting to feel like it's all gone! I also gained 1 pound in 4 days (I was down to 192, but now up to 193 again!). I know the weight gain might be trivial, but it's the change of appetite that I am concerned about. It's not really hunger, I know it's all emotional. I am about to make a big change/move in my life and there are some obstacles on the way, and I am totally stressed out.. This sux! I thought I had gotten over my emotional eating and binge attacks, but maybe this is too big I couldn't handle it any other way?! The problem is, even my tiny tummy isn't stopping me from all this eating because I am forcing food in, then eating again the minute I feel some space opening up in my stomach.. and believe me it doesn't take too long.. and it's all junk food!!!

HELP!!!!!
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 11:33 PM   #2  
Old Cackler

uh oh. della - ya gotta get a grip here!!!!!! yeah - trust me, i know - easy to say, hard to do.

start by going back to the basics. focus on three meals and one snack. everything else - all those other cravings - ya gotta figure out how to get through the stress without eating. That's one reason for the exercise.

make a pact with yourself - instead of eating, take a walk. drink tea. do ANYTHING other than eating. it's a step by step, minute by minute process. it's not easy!!! we have to RECOGNIZE what's setting us off, ACKNOWLEDGE that this is real, AND FIGURE OUT how to deal with it differently.

if you need some professional help, go for it. if you think that overeaters anonymous might help - try it. if yakking on the phone will help - start dialing.

this is where the rubber hits the road, my dear. breathe. meditate. walk. ANYTHING BUT EAT!!!

but remember - millions of people get through the stress in their lives without eating. we have to become them.

breathe. visualize. step away from the food!!!!!
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 05:39 AM   #3  
Staying in 1derland!

S/C/G: 288/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"

sticking my 2 cents worth in here .. cuz i have been going thru something similar.. and gained back 12 lbs... (no surgery) It really is true that it makes a difference what u eat.... eating high glycemic foods (high sugar content) makesz u want more.. and more ... and more.. cut out all the those type foods and eat more protein and u will begin to feel satisfied again...

some people are highly sensitive to the high glycemic foods... almost like addicted .. think like an alcoholic with liquor... the more they have the more they want...
curlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #4  

Surprising how such a simple advice can make a big difference! 3 meals a day and a snack! Thanks Jiffy

Curly.. you are right, but I have more of a fat tooth than a sweet tooth.. and believe me, it's equally addictive!! I need rehab!!

I realized something about me.. I never knew what anger or anxiety are, because apparently I never let myself acknowledge those emotions before nor deal with them.. I just ATE mindlessly until the overeating became my problem.. What a great tactic to avoid dealing with the original problem :-s

I am glad though that I realized this now.. because it is the thing that ruined all my weight loss attempts in the past.. I just hope I am able to beat the urge all the time!

D.
Della1977 is offline   Reply With Quote