South Beach Diet - What SBD foods are triggers for you?

Natalia
09-23-2006, 04:29 PM
Hi there girls! I am new to SBD but not new to dieting lol. Have been doing SBD since the 13th and lost 4 lbs so far :cool: I thought it might be interesting to have a thread on what "legal" SBD foods are our personal triggers.

I know that one of mine is Cool Whip..I cannot eat just 2T of col whip, I'm sorry..lol Ain't gonna happen. :o I have eaten almost a whole tub before :(
My other trigger I can think of right now is black olives in salt water (canned). I could sit in front of the tv and eat the whole can! My good ness..so I have neither Cool Whip nor olives in the house :D
It works for me..

Ruthxxx
09-23-2006, 06:19 PM
Well, I consider Cool Whip to be FRANKENFOOD so it's not a problem and I can have just a few black olives.

My downfall is NUTS so I just don't have them - ever! Maybe someday I'l grow up and get some self-control but I doubt it. :shrug:

RMT
09-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Mine is the FF SF Pudding - I just can't eat one serving - I must EAT IT ALL!!!! What I try to do is when I make pudding/jello - I seperate them into individual rubermaid containers - that way I have less of a chance eating it all - but I still know it's there.

Schatzi
09-23-2006, 11:19 PM
I'm with the Nutty Group.. I'm Nuts fer NUTS! Pistachios, cashews, pecans!

cottagebythesea
09-24-2006, 08:22 AM
My trigger food is ice cream :( . There's just no way we can live together in one house.:nono:

LitChick
09-24-2006, 12:15 PM
In the two weeks I've been eating this way, I've sadly discovered twice now that cashews are a 'legal' food that I cannot eat with any semblance of self-control. Both times I've eaten a good deal of an entire can. So, I am going to stick to pistachios.

beach bum
09-24-2006, 05:53 PM
My Trigger Food is bread/grains in general. Can't have them. Doctor diagnoised that I'm very carb senitive to that food group.Have to stay on Phase 1 indifinately.

Hugs :) BB

SarahinBalance
09-26-2006, 01:26 PM
Beach Bum - I noticed you have been saying that you are cutting out the carbs and are losing again - That's what I'm hoping to do this time, as I've all but fallen off the beach it seems - Really want to find that balance again -

For me it's NSA Fudgecycles - I can eat like 5 at a time, can't just eat one so therefore I can't buy them - actually trying to get out of the habit of having dessert after dinner - and just have dessert occasionally

Shenanigans
09-26-2006, 01:44 PM
hmmm... does coffee count as a food. My complex offers complimentary coffee and fresh baked cookies every day! AND they place the table right next to the glass doors to the gym (my complex is owned by sadist :devil: ). Anyway, I have been doing really good with staying away from the cookies... but coffee has become my 'treat.' I use part decaf and part reg, 1 packet of splenda, and skim milk. :coffee:

I love cool whip... I try to use it in moderation but it is so easy to just scoop on into that tub when you have the spoon in hand. I fall into the 'a scoop for me, a scoop for the recipe..' trap. My willpower is a funny thing... Obvious things like a plate of cookies I avoid... it is all the small choices that add up that I need to keep in check.

Also... as my sweet tooth is kept in check, I have noticed that I am craving more salty things (nuts, olives, feta, etc...) maybe this has something to do with it...

SunLit
09-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Bananas and grapes -- they might be legal SBD foods, but they are difficult for me to eat in moderation and tend to make me crave other sugary items.

I also have a problem with Cool Whip, so I just don't buy it anymore. Anything else, when I'm fully on the Beach, I can resist or eat in moderation.