gdeann
09-21-2006, 02:42 PM
Be afraid...
Be very afraid...
You have just entered the FLOOZIE zone!

YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME AGAIN! :carrot:

gdeann
09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
I am actually between close family/friends and no one...I am very select in who I tell. Some of my family never knows.

SuzyMc
09-21-2006, 02:57 PM
I am the same way Gayle...I'm very careful of what I tell people.

alinnell
09-21-2006, 03:03 PM
When I first started out, I told only my family. Once I started losing and people noticed, I started telling friends. Now that I am close to goal, I like to really spread the word!

Deelite
09-21-2006, 04:15 PM
The only friends I tell are you and I guess I should say my long lost tea time friends. I don't like to profess how much I lose.

Well good news, Mom is out of the hospital. They gave her more steroids and said if she didn't feel better in a couple of days to come back.

Asiago is cheese. lol

gdeann
09-21-2006, 04:33 PM
ahhh....I basically stick with cheese slices! LOL! If I want to dress my hamburger helper up a bit, I use the fancy shredded cheese.

gdeann
09-21-2006, 04:33 PM
Glad Mommy Is Out Of The Hospital! Yipppeeee!!!

vouge09
09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
Dee- No Not too bad at all Dee haha.What kind of surgery are you having? And prayers for your momma!

GGdean- I cant wait to get on that scale and move that dang ticker.!!!Even though I still have belly , I can feel its firmer and I can notice belly change and muscles trying to pretrude through the fat haha.

Butters- Congrats really on all the baby stuff,,I cant wait for january. I am so excited beyond belif. I have bought the baby everything, outfits, stuffed animals, its 1st security blanket or woobie.

vouge09
09-21-2006, 07:41 PM
Im my house we call hamburger helper army food LMAO!

I tell my family , and I feel weird telling friends, mostly cause all my friends are twigs literilly, but things are a changing with me so soon I will be more open, but my friend as I said knows im on a diet , she then offers me an ice cream sandwhich IM like UH NO! And she kept saying how commited I am to turn down brownies and icre cream sandwhiches !

ShelleyM
09-21-2006, 08:53 PM
Monica-Congratulations on your baby boy!

Dee-I'm sorry you have another surgery and pain to go through.

Janice-You are doing great! Keep it up. Come on over and exercise with me on the other thread.

Vogue-My DD shoves all her stuff over on her bed so she can sleep also. She is 16.

Gayle-Your opening is hilarious!!

Cheryl-Even though Gayle is doing a great job, we miss you!

Sherry-Where the heck are you?

I really want candy corn right now. Patty bought me a bag the other day and I popped it in the freezer immediately. Okay, it's Think First Thursday. I need to think about this before I give in.

Lynneye
09-21-2006, 09:08 PM
Monica, Congrats on the baby boy! Does he have a name yet? Can't wait to hear all about him.

Dee Sorry to hear about your surgery. Thinking of you!

Suzy, thinking of you as well! Remember I am here for you, day or night!

Vouge, I was just like you when I was younger, now I am a neat freak! All of a sudden, I couldn't stand messes and cleaned everything and have been like that since. Happened in my early 20's!

Gayle, you cook like I do! Well I cook as seldom as I can get away with it! Seriously, I hate to cook, but have been attempting it more often, mostly thanks to Suzy, who gives me hints and ideas.

Shelley, how did you do with the candy corn craving?

I have been doing ok, but so busy with the bathroom and reconstruction. Now we have a bad smell in the new carpet, so dealing with that too! Carpet is wet in one area, smells like urine but can't figure out where it is coming from! Very discouraging!

SuzyMc
09-21-2006, 09:19 PM
Tomorrow is Floozie Fitness Friday! Get out and do something tomorrow! Walk, jog, ride a bike, follow an exercise DVD, dance or belly dance...just get out and move for at least 30 minutes!

Dee ~ I'm so happy to hear that your mom is home. I'll keep her in my prayers for a fast full recovery!

Shelley ~ Way to THINK FIRST! I'm proud of you! I've been thinking of ice cream all day...it's like frozen prozac to me and I really need a big dose tonight!

Debbi ~ Thank you...I really appreciate it! :hug:

gdeann
09-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Shelley, climb out of the freezer, drop that candy corn and walk away!!!! LOL! YOU CAN DO IT! I bet candy corn could do some serious damage on the teeth if you try eating it frozen. Have you ever tried? At least it is fat free!! I am having fun taking over for Sher & Cheryl while they are away!

Debi, I can just imagine how disappointed you are with the bathroom. Could it be coming from around the toilet area? Maybe it didn't seal well? I'm sure all your handy men already thought of that one.

Vouge, Blue Bunny makes some yummy ice cream sandwiches and novelties that are no sugar added. You could have a treat for around 100-130 calories. The Raspberry cheescake bars are really good, just had those this past week. In fact, if it is Blue Bunny, its all good!

Allison, I can't believe you are so close to goal! Just looked at your ticker again. GREAT JOB!

We have others here doing a great job too and I know I tend to not praise them enough for how great they are doing!

Dee, is the sleeping pill helping? What did you & Dez do today?

gdeann
09-21-2006, 09:39 PM
Suzy, we posted at the same time! Run on over to the store and pick you up some sugar free/no sugar added ice cream! It will help your craving! Hmmmm....I'll have to remember your name the next time Steve has an ice cream naming contest...FROZEN PROZAC....has a nice ring to it! LOL!
We are all thinking of you and can only just imagine the emotions you are feeling right now. SMOOCHES!

Deelite
09-21-2006, 09:56 PM
Suzy big hugs and prayers are being sent your way. It will be ok, hang in there.

Gayle thanks for asking about the meds. I have had a good sleep the last few days. I was at the dr's today and I brought him my blood pressure slips from the last month. He was alarmed. I take it shortly after I exercise. My readings have been around 80 or less over 55. It certainly isn't high. My pulse has been around 55. He figures the heart pills are the cause. He is lowering the dose. He did a total revamp on my pills. He made up a plan to help me get off the oxycontin. Now hopefully I can. It will take weeks but time passes anyways.

Dez and I went to the Y and worked out and then we went to her house to have bagels and cream cheese for lunch. She seemed to have a plan on how to get her life back in order. She already has had a tough time at such a young age.

Well I am getting figity from the lack of drugs so I am off for a walk. Take care everyone.

gdeann
09-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Dee, if I may ask, what heart meds are you on? Mom is on Coreg and it seems like her blood pressure was low but now is working its way back up to normal. This is after having extremely high blood pressure for years. Do you also fight irregular heart rythm? (thinking yes?) I would be curious for them to do a sleep study on you to see how your heart reacts during resting hours. I can't believe it is as low as itis after exercise! What is it at a resting state?

gdeann
09-21-2006, 11:05 PM
BTW: Dee, what is your blood oxygen level?

ShelleyM
09-22-2006, 06:42 AM
I didn't eat the candy last night! I fell asleep before anything happened.

Gayle-I'm going to try those frozen cheesecake bars and hope I don't eat the whole thing. I'm not so sure we have them here, but I'll look. Do you know the calorie and fat count? Believe it or not, I've still got some coupons left. I think of you whenever I look at them!

Suzy-Prayers still coming your way for Travis.

gdeann
09-22-2006, 10:30 AM
They are called Sweet Freedom Supremes. Higher then most sugar free in calories, but they cure the urge for me. 150 cal/10 fat. One bar will do it for you Shelley compared to eating 2-3 fudge bars. We had the caramel/chocolate in stock, it was really good but they no longer carry it. So, we picked up the raspberry cheesecake one, still good though. I want to try the turtle one, except Steve doesn't like nuts. Half of the time when I purchase BB, I forget the coupon!

PRAYERS TO TRAVIS & FAMILY TODAY!

SuzyMc
09-22-2006, 11:36 AM
:running: Happy Floozie Fitness Friday! :lifter:

Way to go Shelley! I didn't eat any ice cream last night either. In fact, I didn't eat anything at all after dinner. I finished the binding on a runner that I have been working on instead, so if anything I burned a few calories (hand sewing really burns the calories right? :lol: ) and I also finished a project! :D

Gayle ~ I don't do artificial sweeteners. I buy Edys light ice cream once in awhile. It's just 100 calories for a 1/2 cup. The trick is not eating the whole carton!

Dee ~ I hope that with the doctor's help that you can get the meds all sorted out and start feeling better. :hug:

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers today. Travis left this morning at 5:30 (California time) and will arrive in Kuwait later today. From there he will travel to Al Walid, Iraq which is pretty much right on the borders of Syria and Jordan.

Deelite
09-22-2006, 11:51 AM
Gayle that was exactly it. The doctor was worried what it was when I was at rest. Probably unconscious. I am on metoprolol to help with my heart rhythm. The only thing that I have wrong with my heart is it tend to beat to fast, often over 200 bpm. And it has an irregular beat sometimes. I have always sided on normal to slightly low blood pressure but now it is worse.

Now hopefully my mom will hold her own in the next few days. Thanks for the support.

Larry hope to be finished the baseboards and window frames tonight in the Garden Room. It was a lot of work becasue he had to make them from scratch from 8 in oak boards. The only other thing left to do inside the room is to repaint the purple table. I don't like it. We will paint it the stone color of the sofa. I am waiting on my roller shade and I need to buy some art work for the room and a small area rug. I am happy with it. We have been eatting our meals in there this week since it has been to cool on most days to eat out in the pool house.

Suzy I promise to be active today.

Now I really have to get some stuff ready for tomorrow.

4myloves
09-22-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm gonna be a downer again!! Bear with me!

My cat has diabetes! :( I took her to the vet on Monday because she got really lethargic over the week-end and basically just quit eating. He said she had a bacterial infection and gave her meds. Told me she should be better by the next day or so. So, on Wednesday, when she wasn't any better I took her back. He ran blood tests and her sugar level was 350+ (normal is 100-150). I had to start her on a special diet to bring it down. I've got to take her back in two weeks to get her blood tested again and hopefully it'll be better then. If diet doesn't control the diabetes I'll have to start giving her an insulin injection every day.

I've started walking 2 miles/day with some of the ladies from work. I think if I didn't have so much going on it would really help with all the problems I've been having.

I miss you all, but I do keep track of the board and do some little things around (close threads and such). I'll probably be ready to start the next one, if Gayle isn't having too much fun doing it! I like the polls, too, and I'll probably keep that up--she's so smart!

Thank you all for being so patient and understanding.
Love,
Cheryl

gdeann
09-22-2006, 01:30 PM
CHERYL! GLAD TO SEE YA BACK SWEETIE PIE! I have loved helping out, but I am ready to hand the job off to you when your ready again. Poor little kitty! Hopefully the diet change will help. Saying special little prayers for kitty.

Dee, mom takes Coreg for her irregular heart beat. I think it is fairly new here in the states. Did they ever explain to you that if your heart gets to beating too fast it could actually just stop? You really need to get it under control with meds. I hate to scare you, but it is serious business. Just curious what your heart rate is while sleeping.

Suzy, {{{HUGS}}}{{{SMOOCHES}}}{{{HUGS}}}

Gotta get back to work! CHOW!

alinnell
09-22-2006, 01:44 PM
Good morning to all!

Cheryl--I hope the kitty gets better via diet. It would be difficult to give her a shot every day.

Shelley--OMG it is that time of year, isn't it? Candy corn--one of my all time favorites! I can't stop at just one (handful) and want to eat an entire bagful. Yikes! I'll have to stay away from the Halloween aisle in the grocery store!!

Last night, I had a meeting (I am the president of a charity group here) and I saw a lot of women that I haven't seen for months. I was wearing my new size 6 jeans and I got so many compliments! Most of them said that I gave them my 30 pounds! LOL I am so stoked! Still half a pound to go to make my September goal. This weekend will be interesting--we're on our way to Laughlin Nevada for a wedding.

vouge09
09-22-2006, 03:55 PM
haha Im eating some tuna and I just dropped a big glob of it on my already disgusting keyboard haha now its going to smell like tuna!

Shelly- That is just too funny! my mom brought a huge bag of candy carn and I had like 5 peices but then worked out for like 1 1/2 last weekend. I cant belive I gave in but I just wanted one peice and it turned into five so I got my sugar fix being that I havent had sugar in two weeks of anykind. and Im done.

Lynn- First haa thats my middle name , and second, I dont see myself ebing a neat freak, I just like things messy to much , Im too lazy to clean it , and I do clean it, everyweekend or so and then by monday its hurricane amy again!

Thanks GGdean- But I am on the low carb diet thing so if anyone knows of any lowcard ice cream sign me up!!!

Alli- Have fun at the wedding you deserve to dance your skinny *** off!

Suzy- Im praying for travis.

vouge09
09-22-2006, 07:13 PM
Well I just did like 2 hours of a workout Man I killed myself today!

1st I did a pregnancy yoga thing from a crunch fitness dvd with my sister and she was all tired and gave up half way through , it was easy for me so I quit that and put in my gasp!! Burn and Firm pilaties !!!!!! I hate that workout so much , I'm suprised the dvd case wasnt covered in dust!

It is beyond difficult. I swear its aimed at pepole with the physicalities of 2 frustrated! Its like 37 minutes of squats and jumping jacks than 10 minutes of abs!!!

I get so tired from it too but i finished it but man I am sooooo tired.!If I did that this morning like I had planned at 4:30 !!!! I would have been wiped all day in classes!

SuzyMc
09-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Ok ya'll here comes the weekend...the hardest time of the week to stay OP. Dee is having a fancy dinner party, Shelley has candy corn in the freezer that is calling her name, and to top it all off, Gayle is married to the ice cream man, so get ready for "Stay Strong Saturday"! Don't blow this week's hard work by getting into the sweets or by pigging out...stay strong and stay OP!

Cheryl ~ Welcome back! Yoy have been missed! I hope your kitty will do much better with her new diet and that she won't need medication.

Allison ~ Congratulations on the size 6 jeans! I can't even imagine...actually I don't even think my bones would fit into a size 6! :lol:

vouge ~ I think you should get the Floozie Fitness Award for today! A 2 hour workout is awesome!

vouge09
09-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Suzy- Thanks haha Im a little sore this morning but I think its just body aches and not necesarily sore muscles. I will be trying to hard this saterday to not give into temptation.

Allison- I second that about the jeans, I dont think I can ever wear size 6 but hey 6 months from now who knows i may be wering size 5 or 4!

Yesterday everyone else in my house had pizza and i made a leftover porkchop but i would occasionally Pick peporonies and sausages off the pizzas and nibble on them hah!

ShelleyM
09-23-2006, 10:04 AM
I am off to synogogue for Rosh Hashanah services. I feel like a blimp in these pants I'm wearing. I haven't really gained anything, it's just redistributed from not running. Biking just isn't doing it for me.

Gayle-I didn't realize they are sugar-free. I'll have to read the label to see how much sorbitol is in it before I can buy. With my UC, I have to be very careful. The Popsicle fudge bars don't mess too much with my stomach. I might have seen them and not bought because of the fat content. I'll check them out.

Vogue-Good for you on the workout. Be careful, though. You don't want to overdo it. If you do too much too quick, you might burn yourself out on exercising.

Allison-I bet you were just on cloud 9 from all the compliments!

vouge09
09-23-2006, 04:09 PM
Thanks shelly, untill I am in better shape overall I will stick to walking home form school and every other day doing that vigerous workout and my 400 daily crunches on the pilaties ball. I love love love the pilaties ball.

Well everyone , today I am especially happy! I pulled out a skirt that a month a go was too tight and wondava today it is loser and I call pull it in front of me, If I wear it in 2 more weeks I swear I will need a belt and need to put it on the 3rd notch! I feel great! I am going to try on my goal jeans today and see if im closer to fitting in them. I know I wont fit but I just want to see if I am closer. Right now last time I went shopping I was a size 15 , But after today I wonder about a size 14.....

Also I have a belly roll and call me crazy but it is so much smaller. I feel like my legs are firmer. I can feel little muscles trying to pop out. If I only had a digital camera! My arms look amazing. I sat out and tanned in my bikini type thing today , my moms like you need a new swim suit , I go lets wait until may or june , I really wanna get a yellow polka dot bikini haha! She keeps telling me how good i look and is being really supportive. She bought some shrimp and other low carb meals for me to eat on nights they have pasta or somethign like that. She got some chicken , some ready to fry burgers to eat with no bun. I love her!

I was going to get a scale today but we never got around to going to walmart and we went to the party store and i blew all my $$$ on stupid bridesmaids gifts type things for my sister whos getting married next weekend. All my family from chicago is coming in on wendsay and thursday , they have no idea about my dieting so I am waiting to see their reactions or if they notice.!

I am wearing a halter top dress with a low cut corset tie type back , so I been tanning, working mainly on my arms and back area on my tan and my workouts. I want my shoulders to look fabulous!

gdeann
09-23-2006, 07:13 PM
Vouge, I am sure you look AWESOME! To be a teenager again! Enjoy your youth now, it will go fast! You can always get you a set of scales after the wedding. GREAT NEWS about the shirt being looser!
BTW: Your mom sounds like she is really being supportive! How did you ever end up here with all of us old fogies?

I stayed strong on Saturday! YIPPEEE!! I made jambalaya (sp?) with healthy choice sausages, it turned out really good.

Do you girls have suggestions for a bridal shower of a very young girl? Vouge, you may be able to help here. It is for my neice and she is 17. I think she will be 18 by the shower date. Any suggestions? Liz & I are hosting the shower...her colors are silver & blue.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

SuzyMc
09-23-2006, 08:15 PM
We dressed Noell in a TP bridal gown at her shower! :lol: It was a lot of fun for everyone. You have the bride stand in the center of the room, depending on how many people you have in attendance, each guest gets one or two lengths of TP. Then everyone takes turns adding to the "gown" by fastening the TP with scotch tape. We even went as far as making her a veil and flowers! The Bride then stays in the "Bridal Gown" for the rest of the party (or at least for a little while ;) ).

Lynneye
09-23-2006, 08:30 PM
I like the TP wedding dress idea! Fun! we have sent out recipe cards in the invitations and had people write their favorite recipe down and then give her a book or box to keep the recipes in. Even people who can't make the shower, will send back a recipe.

Things here are still extremely hectic! Still working on the bathroom, the toilet will be in soon!!! I can't wait for that! We have been going downstairs every time for a month now!
School is very hectic too. Soon hope to be back in the swing of things.

gdeann
09-23-2006, 08:52 PM
I LIKE THE TP gown idea!!! Anything to get even as an Aunt! I like the recipe card idea too... maybe do a naughty and nice theme using both ideas???

vouge09
09-24-2006, 07:17 AM
GDean- Thanks for all your comments , I was just surfing the site one day I clicked floozie cause it was fun to say and it seemed like nice pepole here so yeah thats how! Being that my sister is pregers and living with us we skipped the shower but are still having the bacherlettes party the night before. I got her a crown a sash that lights up and says bride to be , and I got her a pair of pink fuzzy handcufss for a joke . Im not sure I think getting her a toaster would do just fine! hah.

Suzy- We may just try that! being that shes ay least 6 months preg. I dont know I will have to get ALOT of TP

ShelleyM
09-24-2006, 07:33 AM
Gayle-Do you happen to have a recipe for making polenta in the crockpot? I've got to get back on course. I ate so much yesterday and even opened the candy corn.

SuzyMc
09-24-2006, 11:53 AM
:carrot:Happy Sneak-a-Peek Sunday!:carrot:

And I do mean HAPPY! I got on the scales this morning and weighed in at 145...I'm down 3 pounds! The scales are finally moving in the right direction again!

ShelleyM
09-24-2006, 03:23 PM
WooHoo, Suzy!!!

I found a recipe for the polenta. It has been cooking for 4 hrs.

alinnell
09-24-2006, 05:15 PM
Well, Floozies, I'm back from my short weekend in Nevada. Lost terribly at the gaming tables, but what's new there? I know some of my food choices were less than optimal, but I really won't know until tomorrow if I really sabotaged myself or not. I did go overboard last night on the alcohol--but heck, we were at a wedding, in a casino, gambling--who wouldn't--the drinks were free! At least I drank water between drinks and didn't actually get drunk and didn't have any kind of hangover this morning (good thing since we had to get up early to drive back home!).

vouge09
09-24-2006, 06:24 PM
yAYA SUZY!!!!!!!

I got these low carb 5 net acrb ice cream bars fir my atkins diet and I have to say i really feel like I am cheating when I eat em.

coles
09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
[/URL] Way to Go SUZY!!! I am so proud of you.[URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_33.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb098&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb098_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7926)

SuzyMc
09-25-2006, 09:04 AM
Happy Motivation Monday!

I know after getting on the scales yesterday that I am super motivated to have another good week this week. What's your diet motivation for this week?

gdeann
09-25-2006, 11:08 AM
HAPPY MOTIVATION MONDAY!

SUZY!!! Can you feel the ground shake? I'm jumping up & down in glee for you! It has been a long time coming for you to have such a huge loss!! AWESOME!!! HAPPY DANCE!

I on the other hand, stayed the same. I slipped into the wine this week (bad me) and I had sausage yesterday after church. I'm hoping it is water weight. My mom asked today how much weight I've lost. I told her nothing to really speak of. She said over the past few weeks my butt is looking smaller. I think that was a compliment!! LOL!

Shelley, how did the polenta turn out? I've only made it a few times and both times I did it on the stove top. I like chilling in my fancy molds and then slicing as I use it. Makes me think I'm special... :-)

Well, gotta go! SUPER BUSY DAY AHEAD! Will be back later!

1oldbutterball
09-25-2006, 02:46 PM
Hi All,

Well I am back at my daughter's til Wednesday, then I will be home for about a week, then off to Arizona I think. My new computer arrived today, my girlfriend called to say she had to sign for it and it was lucky she had gone over to get the mail early as the UPS man was in the driveway. I will try to set it up Wednesday night when I get home.

I tried to read all the posts today, but not sure I got completely caught up.
I got something about the new bathroom has some problems, hope they are better now, and mom is home from the hospital and doing better, and some lost weight and others stayed the same. Nice start to link, glad Cheryl checked in, and I can't help with any good shower ideas sorry.

Well I don't think I lost anything this week, but then I haven't weighted in either. I do however have some good news!!!! I am going to a quit smoking class and taking a new pill that came out in Aug. that is really helping. I started last week when I realized I was smoking over a pack a day!!! I didn't realize that I was smoking more, so I decided I was quitting. Well the last 3-4 days I have cut to 4 smokes a day. I hope I will make it this time, I have tried so many times before. Trying to loose weight and quit smoking is going to be very hard for me, but I know it is what I want to do and I will not quit quitting. The evenings and computer time are the hardest, so I might just be stoppping by for short notes for the next week or so.

The baby is doing well, his name is Dillon James and all the kids love him. I am so glad it is over and that he was healthy. Thanks all for the prayers.

Monica

Deelite
09-25-2006, 03:47 PM
Suzy wow what a great loss. You are doing fantastic.

It sounds like everyone ate and drank thier way through the weekend. Me too.
Well it is a new day so we better get cracking and lose some weight.

It is a beautiful day out so I am heading outdoors. Sorry for the short post but I love you all.

Oh yeah by the way the dinner party was fantastic. The food turned out wonderful and I had all kinds of compliments.

alinnell
09-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Suzy, way to go! But I think I caught one of your pounds!!! I'm up 1 pound for my "sinful" weekend in Nevada. I have to get it off this week, as well as the 1/2 pound I need to lose to make my October goal of 4 pounds. I can do it, I can do it!!!
Just got back from taking my DD to a surgical consult. She has to get her wisdom teeth out--scheduled for November 17th.
Not much else going on here.
Have a great day!

4myloves
09-25-2006, 04:07 PM
STOP!!!!

A new thread has been started!