Old 09-20-2006, 12:18 PM   #1  
Gettin Fixed in 2006

S/C/G: 163/152/125

Height: 5'3"

Smile Getting Started and Want Support!

Hey chickadees! I just set up my profile on here yesterday. I will give you a little info about me: I am 26, soon to be divorced mother of 2. I work full time and part time. I have to live with my parents right now...financial crisis from divorce. But needless to say, I once had a killer bod-then had my daughter in 2001. I put on a whopping 60 lbs. I lost 40 right away, but then yo-yoed the last 20. And my muscles went flabby. My abs went gooey and round.
In 2005 I had my son, and BOY did HE add on some weight...I tipped the scales at 195! I had NEVER imagined such a chunk on my body before, especially since I'm only 5'3" and petite framed altogether.
I lost the first 35 lbs swiftly but the rest fought hard to stay on me. I am now more aggressively pursuing my goal of 125. I have revamped my thinking and doing. I am currently reading Dr. Phil McGraw's The Ultimate Weight Solution, which is great support. I am now down to 153! I work out several days per week and practice portion control and other tips Dr. Phil recommends in his book. It's working so far!
I would love encouragement and accountability from other posters on this site. That's why I am here--to surround myself with people who support and understand this important goal in my life--to be healthy, in shape, and feel better/look better all around!
uponthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 PM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Welcome here! I too am new to this specific forum (although not to 3FC* in general), so I can't tell much about it yet, but I'm sure it'll only wield good things for us.

I had read Dr Phil's book last year. I'm really no fan of the man, but the book was an eye-opener and a good chunk of help, indeed. If only to be reminded regularly of what I should think about regarding the weight problem, instead of just eating mindlessly to make the stress go away (or whatever).

Good luck to you on your path to weight loss! Looks like you took a good start anyway.

*Why do I feel the need to write KFC every time?
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #3  
Taking It Off For Good!!!

S/C/G: 164/149/130

Welcome Guys!!!

You will find a wonderful group here that are great cheerleaders and support! It seems that the three of us have about the same starting and goal weight

Uponthe wings- it looks like you are already doing well! I hit the 10 pound mark last week and man did it feel good. For the first time in my life I feel like losing weight is not a hopeless struggle I am doing portion control as well along with hitting the gym 6 days a week (well most weeks anyways)

See you guys around in the forum
Slimming Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #4  
Gettin Fixed in 2006

S/C/G: 163/152/125

Height: 5'3"

Kery & Slimming:
Thanks for the support and encouragement! I am set in my mind--Hard-Core--to not let up and not give in this time! It's for life!

Way to Go Fellow Losers!
uponthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:25 PM   #5  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Very nice to meet you, sounds like you are a chick with a plan - WATCH OUT hehe...I think you will love it here. There is something about immersing yourself into a community of supportive women who can relate to what you are going through and don't mind being candid and honest and giving you a kick in the butt if you need it. This site has helped me greatly and I hope it will help you too. Hope to see you around!
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote