Old 09-19-2006, 09:42 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 256 / 248 / 150

Height: 5"6

Default Looking for some accountability

Hey all. I'm Jenni, 22 from Illinois. I just joined the BLC (go red team!) and I'm on the warpath looking for more members to help me be accountable. I have a hard time at night when I come home from work. I have a tendency to start binging, eating anything that's easy and within reach. Exercise isn't a word that's that high in my vocabulary. Just walking around the block (one mile) every day in the morning, taking the dog for a walk but that's about it. The contact info is in my profile for those of you who want to get in contact with me

Hope to meet some you guys soon!
aymelek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:05 PM   #2  
fat fighter

Height: 173cm

Hi Jenni and

Quite a few people find that night time is the worst when it comes to trying to curb your appetite - or boredom perhaps.

I find the more I am in front of the tv, the more I want to snack - so I am spending my time doing other things like cleaning up, preparing for dinner/lunch the next day, reading a book, taking a bath - anything to avoid that mindless boredom that ends up with me eating an entire box of rice crackers.

Look forward to seeing you around
Daisy Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 02:12 AM   #3  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Jenni! How about joining our monthly "Fitness Challenge" thread? I've found it definately helps keep me accountable for the exercise part of my goals. Good luck, "see" you around
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:44 AM   #4  
Goodbye Fat!

I definetly agree with DaisyBoo stay away from the TV. Try and limit yourself to one hour a day for your favorite show. Clean the house, walk your dog more (he/she will enjoy that), read a book, garden. When you are watching TV get up during every commercial, no questions asked. I find that when I do this sometime I keep going and forget the TV is on.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #5  
Proud US Navy Wife

If you're trying to be accountable with what you eat, I suggest recording everything that goes in your mouth. A pain in the bum sometimes, especially since you have to look into the nutritional information for everything, but it really helps, for me at least. http://www.fitday.com is what I use, and its really good for couting calories and carbs!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #6  
Lose that Baby Weight!

S/C/G: 172/154/125

Height: 5'2

Nice to meet you, I hope you find what you are looking for here. Join our fitness competition, it may help keep you motivated. If accountability is what you are looking for I agree with Fae start tracking, logging and or blogging. Figure out the why behind your weight...it will help you to get rid of it much faster. I used to use fitday but now I use nutridiary...it has way more options for logging workouts and I like that it lets you graphically keep track of your water and fruit and veggie consumption.
Stephanie Osborne is offline   Reply With Quote