Old 09-19-2006, 02:55 PM   #1  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Default Change in sizes?

Hi Chickies. I'm wondering about how long and how many pounds it took for you to need to drop a size in your clothes? Mine still fit after 16 pounds, though they mostly are the stretchy (ugly) kind. My panties are a little baggy, but everything really still fits. I'm curious because I'm going on a trip with DH to Vegas in November and am curious if I will need to shop by then if I continue to lose 1 or 2 pounds a week or so. Thanks for the help!!
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:33 PM   #2  

Default Sizes

Hi Red--from everything I have read over the years, for every 10 pounds you lose, you go down one size. But from experience, I am finding out that is not true.

If you wear elastic pants, then you might be able to wear the same pants for awhile. But if you wear button pants, then you would notice a change.

I lost about 30 pounds before I noticed a change in my clothes (but I wasent noticing the weight loss, at first, just trying to get healthy). Now I notice when I put on a few pounds, the jeans get tight and the fat flops over the waist band. Then time for watching the food, again.

So, by the time you go to Vegas, you might have to buy some smaller jeans.
Good luck to you

Chris
tucsonchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #3  
Scottish Lass

Thanks, Chris.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #4  
Shannon

Height: 5'3"

I've always found it takes almost 20 to see the first change in size as we tend to start losing weight once we can't stand our clothes anymore and they are tight. So first ten makes our current clothes comfortable again. That is where I am at my clothes are now comfortable again another 10 and they should be lose and hopefully I can hold on to these for the first 30. But I've lost a lot of inches as I've been working out since Feb alot but not much weight lost due to the muscle gain. Hence why I do just cardio now - though my shirt size has dropped to a L - go me.
Shannon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 05:07 PM   #5  
Gettin Fixed in 2006

S/C/G: 163/152/125

Height: 5'3"

I feel the same way. I have dropped my first 10 but it's taken 3 weeks. I am not following any special diet plan, just reading fitness mags and taking ideas from dieticians in the mags. I keep myself motivated with a pair of jeans and other clothes that haven't fit for some time. I try them on randomly every so often and see that they are starting to fit better and better each time...even though I'm still wearing the larger sizes more comfortably. Maybe go ahead and buy yourself a pair of jeans just one size smaller and see. Then if they do fit, you'll be thrilled, but if they don't, you'll know to what extent you need to stay focused! Congrads on the first 16!
uponthewings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 07:57 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 225/214/160

Height: 5'6"

Smile clothes a little bigger

I have lost 11.6 in two weeks...I have noticed pants are looser...but they were stretchie....The program seems to be working for or I am working the program..hee hee
Bajachick3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 08:25 PM   #7  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Reddeb- The best thing to do is go to a clothing store and try on some different sizes. It took me probably 20-25 lbs. to change the first size, but hasn't been that much for the other changes. I started out in a tight 24 jeans and am in a comfortable 18 right now 65 lbs. later. My top half always loses way faster. I was wearing 22 tops and am in 14/16's right now.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #8  

The 10lbs. per size rule applies more the smaller you are and the closer you get to goal. I think at 40lbs. lost, I had not chaged sizes. Now after almost 90lbs. I'm 5-6 sizes down. My sizes have changed 10lbs. per size only since the last 20 or so pounds. I'm shocked, but lovin' it!
hourglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 09:40 PM   #9  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

I am soooo glad to read all the differeing answers because that 10lbs/size and the 2lbs/week thing will get you down in a hurry if you don't fall into that category. I think because my 14's were too tight when I started it took at least 20 pounds to move in size, but now that I am closer to 30 I am down to mostly 10's (Lucky's were all I cared about at first!) with a couple 12's depending on the brand--so I don't buy--haha. Actually I have the same exact style docker capris, bought at the same time, the khaki are 10's and had to get a 12 in the black--go figure. Plus, I am the opposite of Deb--my top half is the slowest to go--I have really broad shoulders and back--ugh. But--at least I have a really sexy collar bone again!!

I agree with the others above--just go a start trying on things when you feel like you need a visual--you'll be amazed when things you don't think will fit, do--very exciting!!

Baja--CONGRATS!! 11+ in 2 weeks is amazing. Can I ask how much you have to lose?
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 12:19 AM   #10  
Deb on LAWL

Hey Lea Ann- I just realized the other day that I too have a collar bone. I was so excited about it and DH just thought I was being stupid. Bad thing is that as my face is getting thinner, the laugh lines around my eyes are getting deeper. Anybody got any secrets????
Old 09-20-2006, 08:27 AM   #11  
Scottish Lass

Deb, That is so true! I have an older sister who has many, many wrinkles and she is a tiny woman, 5 feet, 93 pounds. her face literally hangs. She has always teased me that once I've lost weight my face will look like hers - Lord, I hope not.
Old 09-20-2006, 09:31 AM   #12  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Deb--I love laugh lines--sign of a great life and much happiness!! I'll take the lines in exchange for a jaw and collar bone, funny how such odd things make my day.
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 09:36 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Wrinkles only go where the smiles have been.
Mark Twain
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 10:48 AM   #14  
Deb on LAWL

Ok guys, thanks for putting things back in perspective. I think that I am just letting it get to me right now because as my 38th birthday looms very near (tomorrow) I am just feeling a little "old". The number usually doesn't bother me because I don't feel like I am that old, but I am starting to look that old.
Yesterday my best friends DD, who I was in the delivery room when she had her and also helped raise her, had her own baby. That probably didn't help the fact either thinking about where the last 20 years have gone. But I really wouldn't go back and wouldn't change a thing. Ok, I am happier now.
Old 09-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

I don't think there is a magical number of pounds that universally means a size.

Also, I agree that it depends on the type of clothes and the manufacturer of the clothes. There are things that seem to be tight one week and loose the next and others altogether were I never have a medium phase where they are just right. You may loose in some areas quicker and show water weight in others.
Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote