Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-18-2006, 05:09 PM   #1  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Default What is it about the hairdresser....

that always makes me feel so much fater!

is it looking at my cubby face with that ugly thing around my neck? Everytime I get my hair cut I feel like a huge cow and fat for the rest of the day... argh...

yes I just got my haircut... for the first time in 6 months, hahaha..... I sat there and looked at myself thinking, I have lost over 35 pounds since my last visit, and I dont look any different... in their mirror.. the evil hair dressing mirror....
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:27 PM   #2  
back in the game

S/C/G: 311/180/170

Height: around 5'10"

lol I know what you mean! The same thing happens to me. Don't let it get to you, the evil hair dressing mirror lies!
futuresurferchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 05:33 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I don't know if it helps, but I've ALWAYS felt that way! Even when I was a smaller person.. I wonder if ANYONE feels good though?

You are NOT fat, you've lost OVER 37 pounds!! Thats amazing! Don't let it phase you.. and look down or away everytime you go

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: Slow but steady

Height: 5' 11"

OMG, i am just so glad it is not just me. The lighting is always terrible and makes my face not only look terribly fat but blotchy as well. Then they spray it to wet it and it is all stuck to my head. Just horrific. I totally know where you are coming from. Just go look in the mirror now, and i bet you look great from that haircut. But i know while you are in that chair it is just torture, especially if you feel like you have lost weight and it is a reward haircut like mine was last week. Talk about killing your confidence.
Get n healthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:21 PM   #5  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm with ya! And I'm getting my hair cut in about an hour. My face always looks like a bloated moon. It doesn't help that my hairdresser, sweet as she is, weighs about 100 lbs!! WAAA!
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #6  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

It has to do with the way the drape frames your face - why do you think that no one wears shirts with necklines like that?

My hairdresser friend says that even ridiculously skinny women look really fat in the drape. Don't let it bug you.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:41 PM   #7  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Sure glad I am not alone!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:43 PM   #8  
back at it

S/C/G: 178/175/145

Height: 5'8"

uggg, yes, I always feel sooo gross seeing myself in the hairdresser mirror!
denice81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

It's not just the feeling of being fat. The lighting is sooooo terrible! It makes all my wrinkles show up more and I have these huge bags under my eyes. You'd think, being a BEAUTY salon, they'd have better lighting on those mirrors!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:56 PM   #10  
the blond one

S/C/G: 198/126.4/121

Height: 5' 1.5"

I do think the hairdresser can have a big say in that.

I'd recommend a switch-I prefer guys. Haircuts are too expensive not to leave the salon feeling like the prettiest girl in the room. I love my hairdresser-he's like my crack and so worth the $50 dollars every 8 weeks. Plus he's great to gossip with about the latest Project Runway (he's good friends with Kayne-the gay mofia in Norman is one tight group so it's not surprising), boyfriends, mutual friends, Hollywood, etc.

Invest in a hairdresser you love-it's one of the best treats you can do. I've never left my salon and not wanted to call all my friends to go out and show off-no matter my weight.
start8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 02:53 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 174/148/138

Height: 5' 9"

I spend most of the time sitting there with my eyes tightly shut, I only open them when I get up from the chair. I hate hairdressers more than dentists!
Moo :) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 01:32 PM   #12  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Ayee, you're not alone! This draped thing looks absolutely awful on everyone I See at the hairdresser, be it myself or any other customer.

The good thing with being short-sighted is that if I remove my glasses, I can't see anymore how fat that ugly piece of plastic makes me look.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote