Support Groups - LOOZING FLOOZIES #92 **Cheryl we miss you!

gdeann
09-17-2006, 11:50 PM
WELCOME TO THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF FLOOZIE LAND! ONCE YOU STOP IN AND CHECK US OUT, YOU WILL NEVER WANT TO LEAVE! :hug:

gdeann
09-18-2006, 12:17 AM
I hope you guys like the poll I attached. For me, it is all about planning and making the time to prepare healthy food options. If I have a busy day and if I am not prepared, it is so easy to "toss in the towel" and grab a 30 minute box mix out of the pantry or drive through a fast food place.

2frustrated
09-18-2006, 04:20 AM
:wave: Hello all! You do post a lot over the weekend :crazy: I just skim-read :o

I had a great Saturday - 9.5 miles run to kickboxing, then a class, then I picked up my wedding dress :D Then we went to Greenwich on the boat down the Thames and had a lovely meal. Sunday not so great but got some chores done, which is making me feel a little happier this morning! :D

:hug: All round!

ShelleyM
09-18-2006, 05:45 AM
Great poll, Gayle. I also like the name of the thread! Becky left so quickly, I hardly got to see her. She looks fantastic. Must be all that working out. She has dropped a few lbs. Didn't gain the freshman 15 at all.

Yesterday was not a good Core day for me, but I'll be right back on today.

Have a great day, everyone!

vouge09
09-18-2006, 07:11 AM
Frustrated , I was watching bridget jones yesterday here in america and i couldnt help but think of you.

Shelly- Im sure becky will be fine, its a big day, I keep imagining the day I leave my parents and head out to my dorm so trust me its great that you were there. I am not going to be gaining 15 lbs. I like to think of that saying only applyies to the pepole who have never lost a single gosh darn pound in there life let alone the 50+ I plan to lose. She will be fine. :-)

Lynneye
09-18-2006, 07:18 AM
I don't have much time to prepare good healthy meals, so I grab bad things and go. Monday's I work 9 to 9 and just grab things all day. There is a cafe at work but hamburgers and fries are the main things offered. I usually have a salad with some turkey for lunch, but by dinner time, the burger is the easiest. I know I am have to plan and bring my meals with me, but so far, I haven't got my act together this semester!

Time for me to head to work!
Everyone have a great day!!

alinnell
09-18-2006, 09:10 AM
I had a great weekend! I got so many little things done that had been nagging me for weeks. It really felt good to get all those little things done! The other good thing was buying a new pair of jeans. At first I thought it was a fluke that at Talbots the size 6 fit me so well (I was hoping to fit into an 8!). Anyway, I went to the Gap on Sunday and tried on both the 8 and 6 and there, again, the 6 fit much better! Pretty cool considering I'm not at goal yet.
This morning, my weight shifted up to 142 from 140.5 on Sunday. It's probably a combination of weighing in early and TOM. Weekends, I sleep in until 6:30 or so, weekdays, I'm up at 4:30. Do y'all think 2 hours could cause part of it, or is it just TOM and water gain?
I ate really, really well on Saturday and not too terribly on Sunday. I did indulge in 1 beer and 1 martini over the weekend (still no wine!). Isn't it funny how I can stop at one beer (actually, I could stop at 1/2) and I can stop at one cocktail, but when it comes to wine, I tend to finish off the whole bottle? And I really, really, hate feeling drunk! I guess my taste buds just really like cabernet and merlot!!! :o
I got my Sunday walk in and it felt great. After so many months of not walking (due to heat and humidity) we finally got in the whole walk. Last week and the week before, we cut it short. So far, I'm not feeling any stiffness, so that's good.

SuzyMc
09-18-2006, 10:27 AM
Dee put down the pumpkin pie...it's MOTIVATION MONDAY!

Fast food and eating out is a big downfall here too. We are on the run a lot these days and it's easier just to grab something out than to take the time to fix something at home. It seems like quite a few of us have that problem. With that in mind, how about if we call tomorrow "Take Time Tuesday"? Take some time tomorrow to cook a healthy meal or at the very least plan some fast easy meals. Post your meal ideas and recipes here to share with everyone! If everyone posts one meal then we should have a weeks worth of fast easy dinner menus for everyone to use.

1oldbutterball
09-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Hi All,

This will be a short message, due to the fact I am at a friends, using her computer. Mine took a serious dump on Thursday, and I have a new dell coming, but don't know when. They say Oct. 2, but might be sooner.

We have NO baby yet, and my daughter is really upset, her doctor will not let her go to the birth center if she doesn't go into labor on her own, and she has had natural birth will all but one of her children, and that one was born at the hospital and was not a good experience. I pray she goes into labor on her own, but it doesn't look like that is going to happen.

My weight this week has gone up and down, but when I went to WW this morning it was down a pound and a half.

TAke care all, and I will let you know when I am at her house as they have several computers.

Monica

gdeann
09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
2frustrated, your Saturday sounded lovely! Great job fitting in time for exercise!

Shelley, Are you feeling better about Becky being away from home? I bet it is quiet at your house though...maybe you can rest easier knowing she is taking care of herself by the way it sounds.

Vouge, do you have a certain weigh-in day? Just want to make sure we celebrate with you on the losses!

Debi, Maybe it will start to slow down for you once the students are settled in. It makes all the difference in the world to be prepared and have the time to fix proper food choices. GOOD LUCK!

Allison, I am the same way with liquor. I can have 1-2 mixed drinks or beer and stop...wine is my downfall, I will finish the bottle. I have not had wine for a week now. If I wanted something, I had 1.5 oz of liquor in a diet soda. My favorite is Capt. Morgans spiced rum in a diet Pepsi. I bet you are still "happy dancing" over the smaller jean size!

Suzy, I am going to go ahead and post my recipe today. I even planned ahead today, can you believe it? Tomorrow night I may be eating out with a few of Steves work associates. Tonight we are having the recipe posted plus a dinner roll and fresh cucumber slices.

Monica, GOOD LUCK WITH BABY & THE COMPUTER! We will miss you! I had a horrible first experience in the hospital with my first daughter (natural labor/birth). The second baby I had at a womans center and they induced labor. It was a small miracle for me...the difference between night & day. I hope your daughter has a safe and comfortable birthing experience. I will be waiting for baby news!

gdeann
09-18-2006, 03:16 PM
Taco Soup

This recipe reminds me of a stuffed pepper flavor. It is very quick & easy!

1 pound 93/7 ground beef
1/2 cup green pepper (diced)
1/2 cup onion (diced)
2 cans tomato soup
2 cans water
1 package taco seasoning

Saute the ground beef, onion, green peper until the beef is browned.

Place in the bottom of a crockpot turned to low. Add the 2 cans of soup, taco seasoning and the 2 cans of water. Allow to cook on low for most of the day. This is really good, the tomato soup gives it a different flavor too.

Servings: 6/1 cup servings WW points: 3
I think it figures out to about 100 calories per cup.

gdeann
09-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Ahhhhhhh....tonight for a late snack/dessert......we are having the gooey, hot from the oven sugar free cinnamon rolls!! 110 calories each and they taste like heaven!!!! Mmmmmmm....can you smell them???? LOL!

Deelite
09-18-2006, 06:01 PM
Suzy I DON'T WANT TO PUT DOWN THAT PUMPKIN PIE!!!! Do I have too?

Gayle your menu sounds good. I was going to post my Broccoli Cheese Soup. I think that I will do it tomorrow.

I feel like a Princess today. I have a cleanning lady down. She has been here since 9:00 and it is now 5:00. She isn't even done yet. She will be back tomorrow morning to finish off. You would think that I live in a mansion or my place is really dirty but it is neither. She is very particular. Larry has hired her to come once a month.
We are having a dinner party here on saturday and I just can't handle all the cooking and cleanning so this will lessen my load. I am just to fussy.

Well I better put the rice on. We are having tossed salad, s&s chicken and rice. Strawberrys and whipped cream for dessert. I still have 1/2 a pie to eat but I guess I will have to freeze and eat it another day. I have to listen to the boss.

SuzyMc
09-18-2006, 09:47 PM
Dee ~ You do have to put down the pie because I said SO! :lol: Actually instead of freezing it for another day you could send it home with the nice lady who cleaned your house today!

Gayle ~ The soup sounds good!

Monica ~ Sorry to hear about your computer...I hope you can get it fixed soon! That grandbaby of yours sure is taking his/her own sweet time! I'm praying that all goes well!

It's going to be a busy day for me tomorrow, so I did my planning tonight too. I'm trying a new recipe tomorrow night...Ultimate Chicken Sandwiches, but I'm planning on serving it without the bun (like fried chicken) with mashed potatoes (Tim will eat most of those ;) ) and broccoli (I'll eat most of that ;) ).

Ultimate Chicken Sandwiches

6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
1 cup 1% buttermilk
1/2 cup reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
1/2 cup cornmeal
1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS
Pound chicken to 1/2-in. thickness. Pour buttermilk into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
In a shall bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cornmeal, paprika, salt, poultry seasoning, garlic powder, pepper and cayenne. Remove chicken one piece at a time, allowing excess buttermilk to drain off. Discard buttermilk. Coat chicken with cornmeal mixture; place in a 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Bake, uncovered, at 400 for 12 minutes. Turn chicken. Bake 8-12 minutes longer or until juices run clear and coating is lightly browned. Serve on rolls with lettuce and tomato. Yield: 6 servings.

NUTRITIONAL INFO
Nutritional Analysis: One sandwich equals 372 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 3 starch

Source: http://www.lightandtasty.com/

Deelite
09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Suzy mmm that sounds really lish. Sending home that pumpkin pie with the cleanning lady would have been a good idea but she has gone home already for the day. Would you believe that she will be back tomorrow morning again. She isn't done. She worked 9 1/2 hours today and will start again at 9:00 and has to be done by 1:00. I can't believe how long it is taking her. She is good but that is going to cost around $200. Not what we expected. I did have her the windows and baseboards which would take more time than usual. Larry recommended her because she was his cleanning lady at work. He knows that I am fussy and she is too. Just he didn't realize I can clean faster than her and still get it perfect. It is kinda making me sick right now thinking how much it is going to cost. I was expecting $60-$70. Larry said don't worry about it and tell her that it was more than we expected. We will be getting someone every month but at that cost I don't think that it will be here.

Well I have to run, my Royal Fanners are here waiting on me hand and foot.

bootwoman
09-18-2006, 10:12 PM
Hello everyone. It has been such a very long time since I have posted that I don't recognize very many of the floozies anymore! I wish I had time to go back a few weeks and catch up on everyone. Maybe someday I will.

Things here are about as low as you can get, actually lower than I ever thought possible. Dan has basically retreated into a dark hole that he can't or won't climb out of. We've had counselors here at the house to talk to him, but he just doesn't care if he lives or dies. He sleeps all day and rolls around in his wheelchair all night, so we rarely get more than one or two hours sleep. I have started walking on my lunch hour to relieve tension and to clear my mind (which doesn't take much, believe me, there isn't much there to clear!). Anyway, I didn't post to talk about all that, I just wanted to say hello and tell you all how often I think of you and miss you.

We are getting a new K-9 (retired) in a week or so from Ben. His name is Alex and he is a drug dog. So now Asta (the bomb-sniffing dog) will have some company. I'm not sure she will be too happy about that. She rules the roost around here. Pretty soon we're going to have to put a Puppy Retirement Home sign! Asta is a German Shepherd and Alex is a Malanois(Belgium Sherpherd).

I have been very busy at work. We executed search warrants last week on four illegal gaming facilities. I was in charge of seizing the money and we took almost 11,000 dollars. At least it was a break from the usual burglaries, assaults and thefts.

Rick will be having surgery in a couple of months to have his knee replaced. He is to the point that he can hardly walk sometimes. They really don't like doing it at such a young age (51), but there really aren't any other options. He's already had 4 surgeries on it. I will take my one week of vacation then to take care of him and Daniel.

Well, I'm going to go wash my face and drink a large glass of water. If I'm going to be up all night, I might as well flush out some of today's calories! LOL

Good night everyone. Hugs and sweet dreams to you all!

Deelite
09-19-2006, 02:37 AM
Ramona it is so nice to hear from you. I often wonder how you and your family are doing. I wish you had better news to report.
God will get you and Daniel through this. I know that it is bleak but God will not give you more than you can bear. He has not forgotten you.
Neither have I. I have prayed many times for you to feel peace and healing. My heart goes out to you.

Please come here and vent or just share how you or your family are doing. Let us know how Rick's surgery goes.

God Bless.

Deelite
09-19-2006, 02:41 AM
Yes my last post time was correct. I am sitting here suffering from withdrawl symptons from lowering my dose on oxycontin. The pain has improved so I decided to drop a pill. This is the second day and I can't sleep. Last night was the same so I thought that I would be able to sleep better tonight. Got a good hour, that is about all.

I hope that you are all in lala land having a good sleep. I know that Shelley will be up soon to keep me company.

2frustrated
09-19-2006, 04:34 AM
:wave: I'm here too! ;)

I couldn't sleep last night, which has thrown me a little bit - I'm usually out like a light and sleep like a log :yawn: But this morning I feel like someone ran me over with a steam roller! :lol:

Trying to decide what to do at lunch - jogging or leg weights :chin: It might turn out to be weights since I want to run tomorrow. I've got a nice jolly at work tomorrow - I get to visit an exhibition that is round the corner from my house, opens at 10am and takes about an hour to look round. And for this I get the whole day off!!! SHOPPING!!!!! I haven't had some proper free time to myself for AGES! I'm really looking forward to it! :lol:

ShelleyM
09-19-2006, 05:47 AM
My dearest Ramona-It is so nice to hear from you. You, Dan, Ben and Rick are in my thoughts and prayers often. Here's hoping that Dan picks himself up out of the hole he has dug for himself. I can't begin to imagine all the feelings going on with him and everyone in your household. You have some amazing dogs also!

All the recipes sound so good. Thanks for posting them.

Dee-I wish I could have that cleaning woman here. You know how I hate to clean and never clean.

coles
09-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Ramona - It was good to hear from you. We miss you and worry about you. My heart breaks for all the pain you have gone through. You and your family are in my prayers. I can only imagine what you have gone through and continue to go through. God is with you. Please know we are always here for you.
Dee - You are truly a PRINCESS - a cleaning lady for two days!! She does sound a little expensive though.
Suzy - I need a kick in the butt again!! Today I am getting back on track, no more putting it off until tomorrow. I am going to keep my journal of points and getting back to the gym. I have gained 12 pounds back over the past few months, but I am still down 12 so that puts me almost half way to my goal from when I started. Got to think positive.

gdeann
09-19-2006, 08:40 AM
HAPPY THINK FIRST TUESDAY!

You girls are busy little chickies this morning! I woke to find all kinds of new messages!

Ramona, bless your heart! I feel for you sweetie, and wish I could be near you to help you out and so you would have a shoulder to lean on. Prayers really do work and hopefully you will start reaping the rewards of all the prayers said for Dan and your family. Hopefully, after Dan has time to adjust, something good will come of this. It is so neat to be adopting another military dog! Post pics of the two if you ever have a free minute...yeah, right? {{{HUGS}}}

Dee, if we were to have your cleaning lady, I'm sure it would be about $1,000.00! My house is a complete disaster (in my eyes) I can keep everything picked up, but it needs a major deep cleaning. Every time I decide to do it, another family member gets seriously ill. Maybe it is my sign from above that housework is bad for you?? LOL!
Are you feeling better and going to get some sleep today?

Janice, I just know in my heart you will reach goal.

Shelley, are you feeling better?

2frustrated, have fun at work tomorrow! What kind of work do you do?

Gotta get Allison to school! See ya later Chickies!

alinnell
09-19-2006, 11:25 AM
Dee--I hope you are soon able to sleep better. And I'd say you're probably getting a good deal on the cleaning lady. I have a lady who comes in twice a month and I pay her $120 each time. She comes with a partner and it takes the two of them 3-4 hours to clean my house.

vouge09
09-19-2006, 04:00 PM
I visited my best friend yesterday who I hadnt seen like over a month, and she had no idea I was dieting , and she immediatly asked me, if id lost weight and told me I look great. I see myself everyday and dont see that much of a change but I guess its visible. I am only on mid- week 2 of induction, and i think my water weight is gone. I need a scale.

Dee- if you saw my room , you would swear that hurricanes, katrina, ivan and 278784 tornadoes all blew through at once. If I had your cleaning lady and she saw my room im sure she would drop dead.

SuzyMc
09-19-2006, 04:37 PM
Ramona ~ I'm so glad that you checked in! I think of you and your family so often and wonder how you all are doing. I wish I had words for Dan that would help him out of this depression, but I don't. I'm praying that God will soon show him that he does have a wonderful future ahead of him in spite of the fact that he is in a wheelchair.

Dee ~ I'm sorry to hear that you're not sleeping, but it's good news that your pain is less! Hopefully you will be able to sleep better tonight.

2frustrated ~ Enjoy your day shopping! Now that is my kind of FUN!

Janice ~ :kickbutt: Come on now...12 pounds in reverse is more than enough! It's time to get those numbers going in the other direction! I know if I can do it then you can too...it's taken me almost two weeks, but today I am so OP that it's scary and I'm not even thinking about cheating. You just need to break those bad habits again, so get started right now!

vouge ~ It's always a great feeling when someone notices your weight loss. Congratulations!

SuzyMc
09-19-2006, 07:02 PM
The verdict is in on the new chicken recipe and it was only so-so. It would have been wonderful if it had been fried, but that wouldn't be too healthy now would it? Next time I'll use my old recipe...coat the chicken in a tiny bit of mayo and then in italian bread crumbs and bake for about an hour. It's a boring recipe, but it's really good!

Tomorrow is "Workout Wednesday"! Add 10 minutes to your regular workout and if you don't workout on a regular basis then get off your bum and workout for 10 minutes! ;)

gdeann
09-19-2006, 07:29 PM
Suzy, I made chicken a few weeks ago by dipping it in FF ranch dressing, then coating with the Italian bread crumbs. Sorry the chicken wasn't as good as you expected.

Anyone know of anything low calorie from an authentic Mexican restaurant? LOL! Going out tonight....I haven't ate much all day, so I should be ok.

Deelite
09-19-2006, 08:17 PM
I feel like a zombie without my drugs. I would like to post to you all but I just can't focus.

I can't remember if I posted last night and said that I broke one of my molers in half. Yikes. I went to visist the dentist this morning expecting a temp crown but he said that there wasn't enough tooth left and he was sending me to a specialist for surgery. He will lower the gum and do something with the bone in the jaw. I can't remember what. I see the specialist tomorrow. It will be six weeks after the surgery before I get the temp crown.

Well my maid did finish today. She worked a total of 14 hours our bill was just ober $200. My sister gets her house done for $40 and she even does laundry and besides that she isn't tidy so there is more work.

I am waiting on the doctor to call to see if I can take a sleeping pill with my heart pills. I would love to go out for a walk because the sun peaked out and is shining. We haven't seen it in 4 days.

Time to get going. Thinking of you even though it is out of FOCUS.

gdeann
09-19-2006, 11:48 PM
Dee, mom takes a sleeping pill even with her heart condition. I think it is Tazepam 5 mg. Something like that. The script is at her house. I bet you are enjoying the spotless home! When is your dinner party? How many will be attending?

vouge, I swear teenage girls are the biggest slobs ever! NO OFFENSE! My daughter has stuff EVERYWHERE, but yet she can step into her room and find EXACTLY what she is looking for! How are you doing watching your foods with no one else dieting at home?

gdeann
09-20-2006, 01:02 AM
Did I tell you all, Allison goes in Thursday for her beginning of phase 1 orthodontic care. $475.00 up front, $475.00 when she is fitted with the implements in a few weeks and then I get to wait a full 30 days before my monthly payment. We will have a coupon book, just like buying a car.... BOO-HOO!! Phase 1 will be around $5,000.00 then after that, he said we will see what we need to do next.

ShelleyM
09-20-2006, 05:56 AM
Gayle-I feel your pain! We had 2 kids with braces at the same time. It was really painful when the payments came due.

Did I tell you that I am trying to get together a WW at Work going at my school? I need 15 people to join and pay $144.00 either up front or in 3 payments. I have 12 interested right now. We would have a leader come in 1 day a week right after school. I will be the contact person. It has been years since I have attempted WW meetings, since I really never like being with a bunch of people at once. This will be great, since it is all people I know. My only problem is, I don't think I will have enough to lose. I think it has to be 5 to 7 lbs. I have such a hard time getting under 127, I would hate to have to continue to pay and never reach lifetime status. I know both Gayle and Dee have been to meetings. Do you ladies think it's hard to stay with lifetime status? Hey, maybe I could gain a few before we actually start, and make 127 my goal. That wouldn't be too difficult for me right now, since I'm not running. Not to mention fun!!

vouge09
09-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Like i said I am doing great and hey no offense taken , I admitted it right? but see if i put everything away than I dont know where anything is cause Im so uised to seeing it on the floor or shelf or bed even. At night I can walkin my room in the dark and not step on anything, i dont know how but i can .

I once even had a friend over ( one of my best friends now) and she went to sit on my bed and I had like magazines , some clothes I think a cd or tow and she looks it and seriously goes , " Oh How do you sleep at night? " and I replied without thinking, " Oh i usally just shove everything on the ground.

Thats why when I go to college I want to get a single dorm alone so I can mess it up and make myself at home.

coles
09-20-2006, 07:13 AM
Shelley - Where I used to work we had the at work Weight Watchers program. It was great except it was hard to get enough people interested to keep it running.
[/URL] I went back to the gym yesterday after being AWOL for months. I did 35 minutes on the eliptical and 1/2 an hour in the pool It felt great.
I stayed on program all day and counted my points.
I went to weigh in at WW after three weeks of not going. I was up 4 pounds. 2 pounds more than my scale said. [URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_25.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)I am back on track and will get to goal this time. I am trying to think positive.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb097_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7925)

1oldbutterball
09-20-2006, 10:16 AM
Good Morning All,

Well I am at my daughter's and she is on her way to the birthing center. I will write later and let you all know every thing.

Monica

Deelite
09-20-2006, 11:26 AM
Monica I am so happy that this baby is finally going to make her grand entrance. I will pray that all goes well. Enjoy the time with your other grand children.

Shelley weren’t you a member of ww’s at one time? If you were then you already have a goal on record. When I have been to meetings in a long time I only pay for the first meeting if I am at goal. If you are over goal you pay til you get there.

Janice I am glad that you are back at the gym. After working out I know that it is hard to pig out because you think of all the hard work you did to shake some pounds up. Keep up the good attitude.

Vogue your room sounds like my daughters except she is living on her own now and it is an apartment. She says the same things as you. She knows where everything is and if she puts it away she won’t find it.

Gayle the doctor finally called back last night and put me on larazapam. I had a wonderful sleep last night but I could tell that I was very agitated in the evening.
Gee ya think that we could take that 5 grand and go on a trip together? Where should we go?

Suzy so what are you doing for your workout today? Thanks for keeping the daily theme going. I really enjoy it.

Here is my

BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP

Sauté

1 chopped onion
2 slices chopped bacon

Add

2 bunches of broccoli
2 liters (quarts) of chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste

Simmer til tender

Add

1 IB or less of Velveeta cheese
2 cans evaporated skim milk

Puree half to all of soup depending on what consistence you want.

You can also sprinkle soup with home made crutons just before serving

Variation for GAYLE add one can of beer with the milk

vouge09
09-20-2006, 03:06 PM
monica that is great , good luck and enjoy the day!!!!!

Dee - That is so ironic!!!! May I say that avy pic of yours is h-o double t

SuzyMc
09-20-2006, 06:44 PM
Monica ~ I know you all are way past excited! I'm praying that all goes well!

Dee ~ I did 10 minutes extra on the treadmill today with a little more incline. I am really enjoying having a treadmill! I love to walk outside, but the weather here in northern PA has really stunk lately and I doubt that it will improve much now until sometime next June!

Your soup recipe sounds wonderful! Thanks!

Janice ~ I'm glad to hear that you are back on track again! :hug:

Shelley ~ Good luck getting the WW program going at work! It really would make it so much more fun as long as you know everyone and you would be able to keep each other motivated through the week!

Gayle ~ I'll have to try the chicken with the FF Ranch...I bet that would be really good!

So has everyone done their extra 10 minute workout for Workout Wednesday? If not get up out of that computer chair and do 10 minutes of something!

Tomorrow is "Think First Thursday"! Think before you eat tomorrow and ask yourself if you are really hungry or if there is a better choice that you could be making.

vouge09
09-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Good job everyone! .... nothing to say!!

Deelite
09-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Vouge thank you, not to bad for am old mama here.

Suzy I went the extra 10 minutes and them some walking today. Is it cold there or is it just rainy? We had rain since saturday and finally the sun came out and I could enjoy the outdoors again. I was sad monday when it got cooler with the rain that we had to eat indoors. We were back out again today though. I know that won't before long.
We will be taking our meals in the garden room so it will feel more like our pool house. It is amazing what you see out those windows. Yesterday I am sure my jaw hit the ground as all I could see was these massive watermellon size bare boobs on the table. My neighbors had a bigger than life naked manican (sp?) lying on there table. There daughter has been making all kinds of props so I hope was one of them. Larry missed, it was gone before he got home. I wanted to take a picture but he had the camera at work. Darn!

Things went well at the surgeons today. My cardiologist just has to say that I will be ok to have the surgery. They aren't to busy so I will probably have it next week. I am very happy with the surgeon and his staff. Hopefully he is good.

Time to go make the dessert for our big dinner party.

Have a good night. Hopefully I won't be here tonight posting when I should be sleeping.

I will think first tomorrow.

Deelite
09-20-2006, 09:50 PM
Cheryl my dear it is time you check in with us and stop beating yourself up.
We love who you are. I miss you. Please post and let us know how you are doiing.

gdeann
09-20-2006, 10:44 PM
So Dee, the recipe sounds delish! Would I add the beer as I saute the veggies or add it to the broth? Oh, dumb me, I get to DRINK the beer as I'm preparing the soup! LOL! That is exactly one reason I like making stir fry. I add it to the wok plus drink as I go! You gotta love me!
Serious question: Do I chop up the broccoli before adding to the broth?
Good night...hope you can rest tonight.

Vouge, I am sure you are going to be thrilled when you get on the scale. I think you have a larger loss then expected by what you said your loss in inches was.

Shelley, the WW meetings sound great! I wish I lived by you, I would attend. I have never been to a WW meeting before. I use to go to TOPS years ago. I'm sure if it is meant to work out it will. I think it would really help you since you will know all the people. Are you wore out yet from the second job?

Suzy, GREAT JOB ON THE TREADMILL! YOU ROCK! I found not all FF ranch dressings are the same. I can't stand the taste of the name brand ones I've tried but Krogers/Dillons puts out a pretty decent one. The others just have an "off taste".

I did really well today fitting in exercise but sucked on the food plan. I had a steak last night at a restaurant then today we drove through fast food after work and I did not get a healthy grilled chicken...I chose a big, juicy, greasy hamburger. Steve left to go out of town today and I guess I was drowning my sorrows worrying about him plus bills etc. TOMORROW WILL BE BETTER!

I miss Cheryl too....lets give her a while longer to think things through. I know that she knows we all love and care about her!

Deelite
09-21-2006, 12:18 AM
Please pray for my mom she is in the hospital. She has a cold and the doc wanted to check her blood for her oxygen count. We don't know if they will keep her but she isn't dong well.

gdeann
09-21-2006, 01:01 AM
Prayers sent Dee! I am praying for the white light of protection to surround your mother and aid in healing. If you need anything at all, let me know. Keep me updated, ok?
{{{{HUGS}}}}

ShelleyM
09-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Dee-I'm sending prayers to your mom. The last time I was at a WW meeting was before I had kids!! That's about 20 years ago. I doubt they would still have a record, plus my goal weight was 115!!

Monica-Good luck with the baby!

Sorry! I'm late, gotta go!

1oldbutterball
09-21-2006, 07:16 AM
Good Morning all,

YEA!!!! We have a BABY BOY

He was born at 8:14 last night, at the birthing center, and is 8lbs 10oz, blonde hair, and 23" long. The receiving blankets are not long enough for him.
Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes.

Dee - I will be sending you and your mom all my prayers . I do hope all that she is better.

Well I will try later to write, but have to get the older 2 up for school. I forgot how much work 3 kids are, much less 3 and a new baby.

Monica

gdeann
09-21-2006, 07:50 AM
WHEEEE!!!! Congrats on the baby boy Monica! He was determined to stay inside of mommy instead of facing this world! I hope mom got along ok.
SO, what is the little guys name?

coles
09-21-2006, 08:04 AM
[/URL] MONICA - Congratulations!!!
Dee- Prayers are sent for your Mom, hope she is doing alright.
Dee - What surgery are you having? Is it to reduce your pain?
Cheryl - Please know how much we love you and miss you![URL="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA"]http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_67.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZSYYYYYYYYCA)
I stayed on program yesterday - wow two days in a row, I think I'll be okay now - just needed to get back on track.

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb097&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYCA (http://*********************************************************=ZSzeb097_ZSYYYYYYYYCA&utm_id=7925)

SuzyMc
09-21-2006, 09:45 AM
Happy Think First Thursday Floozies!

Monica ~ Congratulations to your family on the new addition! Everyone must be so excited!

Dee ~ I'm sending prayers for you mother. I hope she can get over this quickly.

It's been cold and rainy here. They were calling for frost last night, but we didn't get any here. There's also a chance for frost tonight. UGH! I hate the thought of winter coming.

Janice ~ You are doing great now! Keep going!

Gayle ~ No Krogers here. I usually buy the Wish-Bone Just 2 Good dressings. They aren't fat free, but only have 2 grams of fat and around 50 calories a serving, so that's not too bad.

Deelite
09-21-2006, 10:41 AM
Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers for mom. I haven't heard anything yet. I phoned Dad this morning and he wasn't home. Hopefully he went to pick mom up. With her lung condition any cold is serious.

Gayle for the soup I just cut the broccoli in large pieces. After it is cooked put it in the food processor. You can add the beer with the stock if you want.

Monica congrats on the big little grandson. He is really long too. I hope mom is doing good.

Janice stick around with us. There is enough motivation to go around. I am having oral surgery. I broke a tooth and they are not able to crown it. I need lengthening. Story of my like my arms are to short mysleeves are too long, my legs are to shortmy pants are too long.....any way what they will do is lower the gum around three of my molars and then chip into the jaw around the tooth to make it large so a crown will be able to grab on to it. It will take six weeks to heal before I can put the crown on.

Suzy your weather sounds like what we had over the weekend. It is warmer now but judging my a few leaves on my morning glory I think we got a touch of frost last night.

I slept well last night. Larry had a friend down last night and he said that I came accross aggressive. I know that I feel agitated and I am louder then. With sleeping I think that I can beat this addition.
I hope that my back pain remains on the lower side. I haven't been to the gym or swimming much in the last week. I am scared that is why it is feeling better. I have been active everyday but just biking and walking.

Time to phone my sleep daughter and see what she want to do with me today. It is her day off. I will be a little busy with getting some of the food ready for our dinner party on saturday. Here is our menu, what do you think? Is there anything else you could suggest?

Broccoli Cheese Soup
Herb Biscuits
Greens with apple and pecans tossed with balsamic dressing

Garlic Mashed Potatos
Roast Green Beans with Peppers and Onion In basalmic dressing
Chicken with Asigo, Procuittto and Sage

Chocolate Toffee Pecan Tart
Coffee

SuzyMc
09-21-2006, 11:43 AM
Dee ~ Your menu sounds wonderful! What time shall I be there? ;)

gdeann
09-21-2006, 12:16 PM
YUM-YUM Dee, beats my hamburger helper all to heck! What is Asigo? All I know to cook with is salt & pepper! When I want to get extra fancy, I toss on some seasoned salt! LOL!
Make enough for Suzy & I, we'll be there!

gdeann
09-21-2006, 01:48 PM
STOP!

A new thread has been started! Join us on #93!!!! If you dare...