Old 09-17-2006, 09:31 AM   #1  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

Thumbs up I finally found an energy bar I can swallow!

I have finally found an energy bar that I will actually eat. It's called Clif Bar. It's made with organic ingredients and it's 100% natural. No HFCS or hydrogentated crap. No trans fats! It's made with cane juice and brown rice syrup for sweetening and then it adds organic oats and other wonderful things for fiber and protein. And most of all, the taste is awesome. I had the chocolate chip peanut crunch. WOW. They also have a variety of different energy, body building and other kind of meal replacement bars. They have a full line of energy and vitality drinks too. Not so much my thing, but they, like the bars are all natural.

In the long and short of it, I really prefer to eat real meals and real food, but this is real food. So in a pinch for breakfast, I am going to be confident in consuming one of these energy bars.

Just wanted to share.
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 11:40 AM   #2  
<333

S/C/G: 283/251/180

Height: 5' 4

I can never find any good tasting energy drinks or bars. Ive tried them all! Now when I go shopping Im gonna have to keep my eye open! When I was on atkins they had really good ones, low carb, but not low cal. Thanks for sharing!!

<33

Stephanieee<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 03:03 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 240/207/135

Height: 5'6

I love Clif Bars. I especially like their Luna Lemonzest. It's pretty filling and lemony. I usually don't rely on them for meal replacements, but when I'm in a hurry I go for one of them.
athenac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:06 PM   #4  
Workin' My *** Off!

Height: 5'1"

Where did you get them from?? And were they expensive??
Canadian_Mickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 12:25 PM   #5  
1st baby due 3/1/07!!!

S/C/G: 150/158/135

Height: 5.3

Have you tried lara bars? https://www.larabar.com/secure/index_.php

I buy them at Whole Foods....so yummy! Quick blurb:

LÄRABAR is a delicious blend of unsweetened fruits, nuts and spices - energy in its purest form. Made from 100% whole food, each flavor contains no more than six ingredients. Pure and simple, just as nature intended.

1 1/2 SERVINGS OF FRUIT * NO ADDED SUGAR * UNPROCESSED
RAW * NON- GMO * GLUTEN FREE * DAIRY FREE * SOY FREE
VEGAN * KOSHER

LÄRABAR REAL.
Sweet with no added sweeteners. Sustaining with no added fillers, supplements or flavorings. LÄRABAR is what your body needs - real, whole food loaded with nature's own minerals and vitamins.

LÄRABAR RIGHT.
All of the vitamins, minerals, fiber, protein, good carbohydrates and healthy fats are derived exclusively from the whole, raw food used to make LÄRABAR.

LÄRABAR RAW.
Uncooked and Unprocessed. The essential enzymes, which are necessary for the digestion and utilization of nutrients, remain completely intact in their most natural, powerful state. A diet abundant in raw, unprocessed foods is important for health and longevity.

I also like the Luna bars, Nutz Over Chocolate and Iced Oatmeal Cookie
babymomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:07 PM   #6  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 216/116/125 100 Lbs Lost!

Height: 5' 1" Tall

No I haven't heard of those. But I will give them a try. Any excuse to go to Whole Foods! I LOVE THAT PLACE!!! Thanks for the tip.

I bought my Clif Bars at Sam's Club.

Last edited by Libby1972; 09-23-2006 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Cuz
Libby1972 is offline   Reply With Quote