Old 09-16-2006, 09:26 AM   #1  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Question Recipe Question ?

I was reading some of the recipes for ideas. Most of them have the amount of protein , cals etc. How do I figure how to count it on my LAWL diary? Thanks,
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:40 AM   #2  
FBD/8-18-08

Rosie - on some of my recipes, I was able to get the "vitals" and on some, I basically revamped "old" recipes into healthier ones, and being that I'm not a dietician, I didn't post "vitals". I think you can look at the ingredients and compare them to a meal. For instance if the recipe is for a soup and it has 1 pound of chicken, several veggies, and pasta or rice, and it serves 4 - then I would count a serving as 4 oz protein, 2 veggies (depending on how many are in the recipe) and a starch.

I hope that helps?
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:42 AM   #3  
FBD/8-18-08

Rosie - OH MY GOSH, YOU ONLY HAVE 8 POUNDS TO GO!!!!!!

YOU GO GIRL!!! That is totally awesome! You must be sooooo proud of yourself!!!

Congrats on your success so far! I know you'll be at your goal in NO time!
Blessings,
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:27 AM   #4  
ROSIE

S/C/G: 212/165/165

Pearl thanks for the info. I think I can figure it out. I'm getting to the point where I need something new in my diet. I guess I get to add some things when I start stableization stage.

Thanks for the encouragement. My original goal weight was a little lower but my doc wants me at 170 for a while. She's concerned with my health issues (diabetes, thyroid etc) I need to take it easy at my age (almost 60). I have gone totally off my high blood pressure meds and take a very small cholesteral med and very low dose of the thyroid med. My blood glocose has been in the 90's for the last 2 months. Doc is very proud and excited about it. I feel better than I have in years.
impala girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:35 PM   #5  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Wow, Rosie. You must be so pleased! What a huge accomplishment, and I know that as we get older it gets harder and harder to take off these nasty pounds. You must feel so much better. Whatever you've been doing, keep it up. You are a true success story. How about posting some before and afters for newbies like me?
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote