WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 02:25 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 215/176.6/155

Height: 5'9"

Default activity points based on steps?

someone i work with is on weight watchers and wants to know how to figure her points, but her health problems make it difficult for her to walk for more than a couple of minutes at a time. So, whe takes several very small walks per day, which is great, but the activity slider doesn't really accomodate figuring out the points this way. Is there a way to figure her exercise based on the number of steps that she does?
Old 09-16-2006, 09:56 AM   #2  
Cowboy Up Chick

There is no way to figure APs based on steps. It is calculated for intensity (raising the heart rate), time done, and current weight. However long, long ago (back when 1-2-3 Success was introduced) they had a 'required 10 minute' of activity and for each additional 10 minutes on top you could add 1 point. Wasn't as good or as accurate as the current formula but maybe she could use that!!!!????!!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:11 PM   #3  

Default Super Dooper Thanks!

Thanks Kelly! I have to watch intensity level due to multiple health reasons, so this is an incredibly helpful suggestion! It gives me another option for exercise.
Old 09-18-2006, 09:36 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 215/176.6/155

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly_S View Post
There is no way to figure APs based on steps. It is calculated for intensity (raising the heart rate), time done, and current weight. However long, long ago (back when 1-2-3 Success was introduced) they had a 'required 10 minute' of activity and for each additional 10 minutes on top you could add 1 point. Wasn't as good or as accurate as the current formula but maybe she could use that!!!!????!!!!
that's mroe helpful than the current wieght watchers guideline but when i say she can't be active for more than 2-3 minutes because of her weight, i mean it. She doesn't measure things in time because what she does is walk down a long hallway and back up it and then rest and then do that a few times a day... plus all the regular walking in a day.
Old 09-19-2006, 12:27 PM   #5  
Cowboy Up Chick

My suggestion is for her to add up the minutes. The first 10 are nothing in points but each additional 10 would be 1 point.

Actually this DOES NOT make more sense than the current way because this doesn't take into the intensity for the body but it is a way that may help others. Actually you tend to get less APs this way than the formula.
Closed Thread