Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-16-2006, 01:47 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Unhappy You know you are fat when...

Alright so the most embarrassing thing just happened to me! I was trying to me coy and cute with my bf.. the plan was to jump into bed beside him, and then get "intimate". Instead? The bed flat out broke. It's an IKEA bed frame, and the fricking METAL BAR got twisted!! We've since bent it back into place, sorta, and duct taped the crap out of it. I really hope that it's fine for the next week until my jerks of bosses PAY me ( 5 weeks LATE!!), but thats another subject. Part of me feels like, well it's IKEA, their stuff always breaks.. not to mention that when I saw the design of it.. of COURSE it broke. But after ONE MONTH? And then there is.. I am SO fat that I broke a bed!!! All I want to do is sit here and cry.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 05:11 AM   #2  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

awwww Aimee.... *hug*

Don't worry about it. I am sure that your weight really didn't have much to do with it. The bed was probably so crappy it just broke and would of done it if anyone did it. I say take the crap back!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:12 AM   #3  
Here we go again...

S/C/G: 176/ticker/155

Height: 5'5"/ 65 in

Don't beat yourself up about it. It's an IKEA bed. You look at IKEA furniture the wrong way, and it breaks. Nothing to do with your weight. I can empathize - I would be embarrassed too, but all I can say is it didn't have anything to do with you!
Sunnigummi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:31 AM   #4  

Ditto..... I managed to break a wooden bed when I was at college, before I was fat!!! I was mortified. Especially since it wasn't my bed, and everyone ended up knowing about it! (and I didn't break it doing anything exciting on it either, it just broke)

IKEA is so known for its quality.........not! Don't be upset, I am sure even Paris Hilton could break an IKEA bed!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:53 AM   #5  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

awww Aimee

I have an ikea bed to put together and the frame is NOT strong at all! I think a five year old jumping on the mattress might crack the frame!

beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:32 PM   #6  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

I have broke my bed before by jumping on it. But then so did my son and he was only about 135 lbs. at the time. So, it happens. Don't feel bad about it.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:14 PM   #7  

I went to IKEA today and exchanged the silly bar, and they didn't ask me one question about it. So I'm guessing this may be a common problem. Phew! I was so nervous, I always think the worst is going to happen.

Although...

Word has gotten around at work (my bf and I work in the same store) and people are saying we broke the bed while trying some fancy sex moves. I guess it could be worse.. I have to giggle a little about that.

-Aimee
Old 09-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #8  

The first time I was in the same bed with my boyfriend we broke it. I was probably 160 and he was about 250. We were stable for about 2 seconds and then all of a sudden we were on the floor.

He then told me that it was his bed since he was about 10.....he has a new one now
redsoxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 170/166/150

Height: 5'8"

Furniture breaking underneath your weight is always embarrassing; whether you're big or small.

But you're right, Ikea is not exactly made to last.

Oh, office gossip is wonderful. Especially when you work with your husband. Whenever I've gone home sick, the first question is whether I'm pregnant or not.
Hale_Mary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 09:11 PM   #10  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

hahaha reading your last post amiee reminds of the time we broke my boyfriends bed while haveing sex... lol - worst part it wasnt his bed haha.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:12 AM   #11  

Hale Mary - this gossip surrounding me and him is new for me.. I just started in his store about 2 weeks ago. Also, it doesn't help that one of his co-workers is a dirty perv! I'm used to being the manager and STOPPING the gossip.. its much more fun being on this end tho..

Courtnie - I've always had futons since I met Josh.. and most futon frames are indistructable!

-Aimee
Old 09-17-2006, 03:39 AM   #12  
Diva under construction..

S/C/G: 262/212/175

I have a reputation (well, the list is short but distinguished!) For breaking beds...I'm a wild woman! DH STILL makes fun of me! He says I broke his bed...I say WE broke his bed.(it was a futon!) I have yet to break the new one (its a really sturdy sleah bed) but we have had to tighten the bolts once!
Stevi-rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 09:54 PM   #13  

I remember being very, very embarassed in high school once when I sat on top of a desk and the leg bent.. making the desk unusable! and of course everyone laughed at stupid fat me.... but high school desks aren't exactly quality either
britomart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 07:43 AM   #14  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

My BF and I broke a bed a few years ago, and he was 80 kgs at the time, and me something like... 62 or 63 (can't remember exactly). Nothing uber-heavy, hehe. He sat on it, I jumped on his knees, and boom, down the floor went the bed.

This said, at the time, we also had a couple of friends who really broke their bed trying new sex positions.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 10:05 AM   #15  
(Male)

Height: 5'9.5"

My Ikea bed has broken twice now, so don't feel bad! But both were during sex for real, so you can feel bad a little. ;-)
Jman1 is offline   Reply With Quote