South Beach Diet - Jumping into the beach

View Full Version : Jumping into the beach

redlight
09-15-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm a 23 year old student (in fact, I'm working on a paper) who is starting the beach today. I'm joining with my roommate. I have 30 to lose, she has 20.

First day went well, I'm not especially hungry and I'm chugging water.

Barb0522
09-16-2006, 05:27 AM
Welcome to the Beach! You'll find lots of support here.

beachgal
09-16-2006, 02:44 PM
:welcome3: redlight (and to your roommate too! :wave: )

When you need a break to procrastinate on your paper (I remember those days!), check out the Emergency Phase 1 post and other posts in the FAQ for more information. You'll also find great recipes in the recipe forum. I especially suggest the Taco Bake (everyone's favorite!), White chili, Almond Dijon Chicken, and the Peanut Butter Cup. :T

Glad to have you with us...and good for you on drinking water! :D

Ruthxxx
09-16-2006, 03:45 PM
Come on in! The water's fine!

redlight
09-17-2006, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the support. I will definitely look at the recipes. The "white chilli" sounds delicious.

SarahinBalance
09-18-2006, 11:40 AM
Redlight - Welcome, I'm 24 so we're similar in age, SB is what finally let me take the weight off that I'd been trying to lose for years and years and years

You should make yourself a ticker - I don't know why but it's really fun to watch the marker move down.

spillthebeans
09-18-2006, 11:04 PM
I'm back on the beach. I first tried the SBD in April 2005. I had great success, and my eating has been the best of my life since.
Lately though, my cheating days have taken over and I need to get my eating back on track. My scale has been inching upward with all the cheating.

I want to get back to making my recipes and planning my meals. I know I can lose as much as I want, as long as I stay at it.
Right off I'm challenging myself to lose 10 pounds in five weeks!

Best wishes to you all and :welcome: to all of you newbies on the beach! You can do this!

I'm 28, working full time, and looking forward to meeting some new people here.

RMT
09-19-2006, 06:54 AM
Welcome Back Spillthebeans - you will do GREAT with such a wonderful attitude and approach. This is such a wonderful place to be.

Keep up the good work and keep that goal in sight - YOU WILL DO IT!!!!!

spillthebeans
09-21-2006, 11:27 AM
thanks RMT-so far so good. I weighed today, looks like four pounds gone already!

How is everyone else doing?

RMT
09-21-2006, 12:20 PM
GREAT Job!!!! 4lbs is wonderful - keep up the GREAT work.

I haven't put one foot on the scale this week (TOM) maybe next week.