100 lb. Club - I'm telling everyone...
09-15-2006, 11:03 AM
I posted in the mini-goals section AND LWL but I have lost 100 lbs total. I did forget to mention one thing. 3fc and the 100 lb club has been there for most of my journey. When you have 100 lbs or more to lose, support is critical. I don't know if I could've done it without 3fc and you guys. I have struggled over the years but I was able to know that I wasn't alone.
I still have a long way to go so I'm not going anywhere and even when I reach my goal, I'll still be here :)
09-15-2006, 11:22 AM
Nelie-- That is SO awesome. Congratulations! 100lbs is a huge milestone! You have been a great support to me during my journey as well, along with this board. You're right 3FC is the best support around. I am so proud of you. Congratulations again, its such a wonderful accomplishment. We are all so proud of you. Keep up the good work and PLEASE don't ever leave us... We are so glad to have you a part of our group!
I am so so so happy for you! Truly.
09-15-2006, 11:39 AM
WAY TO GO!!! :carrot: 100 lbs lost! :carrot: That is such an amazing accomplishment!!
Please share the changes in your life because you have shed 100 lbs.
09-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Wow Nelie, what an awesome accomplishment.
Thanks for sharing the great news. Keep up the good work!!
09-15-2006, 12:07 PM
I didn't even think about the changes in my life but there are many!
- I can walk/hike many miles without pain. I used to get horrible sharp pains in my ankles when I would walk at a decent pace for 10 minutes or more. I would either have to walk slower or just endure the pain.
- I am more flexible than I ever have been. I have been working on my flexibility but I noticed it is a lot easier after losing weight than before. I would have a tough time putting on my left socks. Those are no longer issues.
- The seat in my car doesn't have to be all the way back. I don't need seat belt extenders when I go on plane trips.
- I still don't like those little white plastic chairs that are so popular but I can sit in them comfortably without worrying (too much) that they will break.
- I can shop in almost any store for clothes. I can't wear everything but I can wear XL size tops and I can fit bottoms in department stores. When I first started a size 24 in a department store was a dream.
- I feel good about the things I eat. I used to feel a lot of guilt towards the food I ate. Also, i would stuff myself on a regular basis but I am more careful about portions these days
- I wear a "normal" size shoe and "normal" size ring. I used to wear size 11 shoes and size 11 ring which are nearly impossible to find in a regular shoe store. I now wear a size 9.5/10 shoe and a size 9.5 ring. I also have a "normal" sized wrist where I had to wear an 8 inch bracelet. My wrist is now less than 7 inches.
- I bought my wedding gown off the rack. Before, it probably would've had to been specially ordered and even then I probably would've needed to go to a shop that specialized in large sizes. (I wouldn't have fit a size 26 gown at all but I have a loose size 22 gown now)
- I am able to love myself enough to be comfortable with someone else loving me. At 350/360, I really couldn't accept that someone could actually care for me and love me.
- I feel normal. Even though I'm still obese, I have a sense of normalcy. When I was in the mid/upper 300s, it was hard to feel normal.
Those are the things that stand out the most.
09-15-2006, 12:16 PM
You are a very important inspiration to all of us who at one point looked down the path of weight loss and thought it too long and hard. Keep sharing!
Get n healthy
09-15-2006, 12:27 PM
WOW, what an awesome feeling. Good for you. You are an inspiration that it CAN happen.
09-15-2006, 12:51 PM
Congrats, Nelie! This is such an amazing milestone!
09-15-2006, 01:03 PM
How wonderful, Nelie!!!
I love the changes!!!
I am so proud of you :cheer:
09-15-2006, 01:29 PM
Congratulations Nelie ~ way to go ~ I am happy for you.
This is wonderful news Nelie. Someday . . . I will be there. I am sure you notice a lot of changes (as you have listed) and feel so much better than 100 lbs. to go. You must be so proud of yourself.
09-15-2006, 01:49 PM
Well done Nelie, you are always such an inspiration, and your success is so fabulous!!!!!!
09-15-2006, 01:56 PM
I am very happy and excited for you! :woo:
Some days it feels like I will never loose 100 pounds! I have lost over 40 but, as I am sure you know, 40 pounds doesn't seem like much when you were over 300 in the first place. I am finally starting to notice a change in my (elastic waist) pants. They are a little longer than they used to be. But it is hard to really see a difference. :rolleyes:
Anyway, CHEERS to you! You are a great inspiration! :bravo:
Nelie thats absolutley amazing - you are such an inspiration to all here. Well done!
09-15-2006, 02:21 PM
That's fantastic news, Nelie. You should be so proud of this huge milestone!
09-15-2006, 02:38 PM
CONGRATULATIONS, Nelie!!! You've worked so hard to get where you are. I'm glad your good choices are bringing you great results! :D
09-15-2006, 03:25 PM
I just want to say how FANTASTIC that list is. From everything you've said, you have done so well Nelie, I hope you are brimming with pure happiness - what a journey! :)
09-15-2006, 03:27 PM
:dance: :dance: Whoo Whooo Nelie so proud of you!:dance: :dance: :dance:
09-15-2006, 03:39 PM
Nellie Woowho!!!! That is great.Congrats.
09-15-2006, 05:02 PM
What an awesome job!! You look fabulous already, I can't wait to see what you'll look like at goal! Keep it up because it certainly looks good on you! :hug:
09-15-2006, 07:30 PM
I am so proud of you. You are an inspiration but even more importantly you are a wonderful coach to so many of us here. I have watched you with awe since the summer. Your picture looks great by the way!
09-16-2006, 07:36 AM
Nelie -- You should shout it from the rooftops! That is a WONDERFUL accomplishment. And it's great to notice all the "perks" of weight loss, isn't it!!! :carrot: :carrot:
09-16-2006, 11:58 AM
WTG Nelie, I'd post it everywhere. You have done awesome.
09-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Congratulations Girlie! :)
09-17-2006, 09:50 AM
wow nelie,congratulations!!i am so happy and proud of you.you are a great inspiration to me and its the determined succeeders like you that keep me going.looking forward to joining you in this journey.
09-17-2006, 08:03 PM
Great job, Nelie!
09-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Thank you, thank you and again thank you! Your sharing is so inspirational and as you know, that means so much to all of us.
09-18-2006, 01:03 PM
You all are doing so well I am astounded. It is so hard for me and slow. Since March according to my doc I have only lost 11lbs. But I think that is deceptive because my weight fluctuates so much. I think I have lost more. But if the doc is right at least I am headed in the right direction. Good luck all.
09-18-2006, 03:27 PM
I am SO excited for you! You are so deserving of this success, I can't even tell you. And it's not even just about the numbers, but everything you listed.
You, my dear, are an inspiration and I have no doubt that you WILL see your goal.
09-18-2006, 04:46 PM
Congratulations!!!! :carrot: That is awesome. You keeping on dropping back. Hip Hip Hoorayyyyy!!!:carrot:
09-18-2006, 09:39 PM
WTG Nelie!! What an amazing accomplishment!! :)
09-18-2006, 10:43 PM
I'm glad you posted this, because I don't feel like I'm getting the support here. I post my mini goals, and no one is interested :?: I really don't know why either...
I'm glad you got and are getting the support!
Congrats on your weightloss thus far!
09-18-2006, 11:41 PM
Congratulations!! You are such an inspiration around here!
09-19-2006, 05:36 AM
Nelie- Congrats! It is a good feeling isn't it :) I am singing and dancing for you right now :carrot: :carrot:
09-19-2006, 08:43 AM
nelie, i'm so proud of you! Congrats!
09-19-2006, 02:56 PM
yaaaaaay nellie!!i am so happy for you.thanks for being such a great inspiration.