Old 09-15-2006, 09:28 AM   #1  
Scottish Lass

S/C/G: 265/247/140

Height: 5'5'"

Default Just thinkin'

Reading the posts yesterday about the complaint about LAWL got me thinking. It doesn't matter if we think that some of the counselors aren't as friendly, or upbeat, or whatever...... or maybe some don't know the program as well as others. Or that it's a pain to get there 3x a week, or any of that! That kind of thinking can lead to a dangerous path, at least for me. It would be so easy to do what I've done in the past - find an excuse to quit and go home and eat whatever I want, becasue the system I signed up for isn't perfectly perfect. In the past I have said to myself, "Those so and so's are too young to know what they're doing, why am I wasting my time here? I have no one to really trust and connect with. I'm quitting."

But no more!

No system is perfect. Not LAWL, or WW or Dr. Phil's or any of the hundreds of other eating plans out there. I have decided that it doesn't matter if the staff turnover rate is high. No longer an issue. I am doing this for me, by me, with some support from all of you, of course. LAWL is still the perfect plan for me, in spite of it's imperfections and if any of you ever hear me threaten to quit because of something stupid I want you to knock some sense into me. Please.

Okay, now I can climb down off my soapbox. For those of you who have been around here for a long time, thanks for listening. I'm still relatively new at this and these revelations are probably just part of the process. I'm not yet at the point where I can add a whole lot to this forum, but Ive committed to the journey and I will get to that point eventually. Ok. Now I'm really climbing down from my soapbox.

Have a wonderful day.... and thanaks again for being here for me.
reddeborah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Reddeb - That's exactly the way I feel. And just because you're new doesn't mean you can't add to the forum. Just posting on your daily challenges and victories is what makes this board the great place it is.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 10:01 AM   #3  
FBD/8-18-08

I agree also. But I'll add this - one of the things I value most here on this forum is that the people are REAL! And that means we share our hurts, frustrations, ups, and downs. That's what makes this work for all of us! You're right, LAWL isn't perfect and neither are the others you mentioned. And neither are any of us!!
So, let's just be real with one another! But I don't think needs to turn into a bashing session! If one of us had an issue at the COD, then let's see how someone else may have handled it in the past!

Way to go Debbie! Well said!!!
P.S. - I'm SO glad YOU are HERE!!! (and I've been know to give a swift kink in the "patootie" when needed to jar a brain or two!)
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 12:13 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 230/211/165

Height: 5'5"

I also think we all know how to diet. The particulars of the program are what I use the counselors for.As far as I am concerned, this program gives me two candy bars a day. I could not do WW. Too many bad choices that are Legal. I need this program and my bars.I need scale keepers, too. The upfront money is also a commitment for me. Irene
hereicome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:30 PM   #5  
Back-on-track!

S/C/G: 295.2/280.0/180

Height: 5'3

I think it's important to understand the limitations of the centers, for all thier glory or disappointments. This is about the only place where we can talk about our disappointments and anger. We are among friends who understand, who've been there, dealt with it and moved on. We are our best form of support, the ones who've done it already. We can offer the best solutions and best way to communicate with our centers but offer what our experience has taught us. I wouldn't give that up for the world.
Tomkyn is offline   Reply With Quote