Closed Thread

Old 09-14-2001, 12:58 AM   #1  

Talking Sushi Cravings !!!

Sushi... Sushi.... Sushi.... This is my favorite (can u tell ????). It is the only thing on the food group thaT I can not replace or fake or eat something else and pretend it tastes the same. Any suggestions?????
Old 09-14-2001, 06:45 AM   #2  
Scotland's finest export

hi there,
i always thought sushi was low fat and healthy so i don't see why you can't eat it? or is there something different about sushi over there than in the uk? here it is rice with seaweed and pickled ginger and various vegetables or fish. all pretty good stuff....
if you really crave something, eat it. otherwise you'll eat a lot of substitutes and then eat what you really wanted and go over points.
hope that helps,
kirsty
Old 09-14-2001, 07:40 AM   #3  
flibbertobbergenie!

I'm with you, Kirsty, sushi is one of my standard low-point, "virtuous" lunches. Either veggie or fish. A normal lunch pack from Marks & Spencers is 5pts, I think. Mary, have you worked out the points on the sushi? Does it come ready-packed or do you mainly eat it in restaurants?

It sounds like it's totally a trigger food, and I do sympathise - I'm that way about peanut butter. Can't have it in the house because once I start eating it I can't stop. And Blokey's the same, so between us we would decimate world peanut butter stocks if we were left to it But I do have it at other people's houses where eating it with a spoon would just be plain rude Like Kirsty says, don't deprive yourself totally - you can work it in!

hugs,
Lxxx
Old 09-14-2001, 09:21 AM   #4  
Diet Dr Pepper Rules!

Hello. Boy, trigger foods are the pits. I am like that with cheese. Anyway, I think on WW the thing to do is eat whatever foods you want and work it in. Some days I choose to eat low point foods and I get to eat a lot of bulk that day. Some days I choose to eat high point foods, so I don't get to eat as much bulk. Really, I love WW because it is all about choices and nothing is "off-limits." Oh, and days when I am rally motivated I can eat a little of high point foods and bulk-up with low point foods. Hope that helps...but I say work it into your plan or it all may backfire on you.

trish
Old 09-14-2001, 02:25 PM   #5  

Hi,

I have never posted to this board before, but I had to reply to this thread.

I, TOO, LOVE SUSHI!!! I agree, the kind I eat is relatively low points. The problem is - I COULD EAT THE WHOLE SUSHI BAR. Here is what I do to keep myself in control. I have been having sushi almost every day. However, I do not let myself have it for lunch unless I have eaten 2 fruits AND am having at least 2 veggies with the sushi. If I don't get it for lunch (read weekends), I will have it for dinner providing I have already had at least 5 servings of fruits/veggies AND I have at least 2 servings of veggies with my sushi dinner.

This way, I get to eat sushi, I am rather full from the veggies so I don't eat too much, AND I sucker myself into eating LOTS of fruits and veggies!

Best of luck with working a plan out for yourself.
Old 09-14-2001, 02:37 PM   #6  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

California Rolls are low in points. And I am sure there are others as well. I think it depends on what you are will to give for the sushi. If the points in the sushi you eat are too high, then save enough points during the day so you can indulge a little.

Also, like BailySG said, eat lots of veggies so you fill up on those, yet get the taste of the sushi you want!
Old 09-16-2001, 04:54 PM   #7  

Default Sushi maker here

The one thing I love about this diet is that I can eat sushi. I make it 3 or 4 times a week. It's really not hard just buy a book or go to a shushi bar and watch them make them it's a great way to learn. I measure everything before I roll, 1/4 avacado, cucumber, crab, rice fish, etc... then after I roll them I set mine aside so my hubbie doesn't get into mine while I makes his. It's really easy and so yummy.
Good luch and happy rolling
Jen
Closed Thread