Old 09-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'7.5"

Default Focused&Strong is taking a beating

I'm just not getten-it-right..and not sure why. It's happened b4 since the 2nd week..the same ol'down a lb.up a lb. I'm getting discouraged from the yoyoing. it's beginning to wear on my belief system. I have no doubt I can do this,but what's my problem? I'm not a binger,so that's not it. Monday I went in,and had lost 2 lbs......today I went in later than usual after lunch/and before going to the bathroom for the day..(excuse)..and I figured I'd probably be at the same weight..SURPRISE I'm up 2whole fat lbs. IN 48HRS? What the heck is that all about? Did I go hog wild..not at all.. I have been eating less,and eating healthy and this updownupdown is starting to get to me..I just need some consistancy to keep up the good fight..like even a half pound..but going in the right direction. I'm not giving up, but what should I do? ...I even sense the person that checks me in when this happens is kinna putting me in a special catagory and I even feel embarassed at not doing well..geez,that's all I need, to feel embarassed 3xwk.and pay for it. She suggested today I start measuring my food portions again..and more water..how much water can a person drink ... I'm not all that sure it has much to do with much anyway as long as a person is drinking water & I do drink my water,so tonight I start with the lemon water and again tomorow..and then maybe back to the juice..What do you all say? Thanks abunch. Focused~(and sorta strong)

Last edited by choices; 09-13-2006 at 11:39 PM.
choices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #2  
FBD/8-18-08

Focused - I know there are others here that feel the way you do. I don't seem to yo yo - but I did have a 4 lb gain for no apparent reason! I've noticed that if I DON'T EAT ALL MY FOOD, my body does not respond in a positive way! I either don't lose or gain. So obviously, my body has been deprived of enough that it NEEDS the calories I should be giving it!
Another think we keep getting told is to switch up. (We're on red w/lites) DH's counselors keep telling him to add variety to his diet! The funny part is when we added pork tenderloin, she fussed. When we had a 4 oz steak, she fussed. When we had WW pasta with no salt/sugar sauce, she fussed, but she wants us to have variety! So, I just prepare chicken and turkey as many ways as I can think of and add tilapia and tuna every other day. She also told us to move breakfast foods to dinner and vice versa every so often, and where we were having a salad for our veggies every dinner, she said to move the salad to lunch once in a while. Our bodies get used to routine.
Okay, I'm not an expert or anything, and having been on LAWL only 5 weeks, I'm probably the last one you should listen to for advise.
BUT I'm a great encourager! So take it one day at a time, one calorie at a time, one moment at a time, one swallow at a time.
Don't give up.
Don't give in!
YOU CAN DO THIS!!! We all can!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 06:25 AM   #3  

I am even more of a newbie on lawl but look at weight loss not from day to day but from week to week. Our bodies and especially us chickies wiht hormones and even if you exercised hard the day before. Focus on how you are feeling, are you feeling good strong happy about your food choices. Do any of your clothes feel loser.

Measure your food... I think that is really key to success. Eyeballing your food isn't great strategy. Drink atleast your 64 oz of water a day-it really helps.

And keep on coming back here for some motivation.
Tree0164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Focused - You've gotten some good advice from Pearl and Tree. I would also remember that you did your WI after lunch. Any variation from the "normal" routine can cause a fluctuation too. (See our thread on WI day behavior).

Move on from the WI, get back to your normal routine, and listen to Pearl and Tree. You will get there.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 07:59 AM   #5  
on LAWL

Height: 5'6

Focused--hang in there--there has to be a reason and we'll figure it out. Why don't you posted a typical day and let's see if anyone has any suggestions. For sure--measure (unless it's second nature by now), get in 64-80 oz. water (I was over doing it--and you can), get in each food category and maybe try the breakdown in your book. Just thoughts
Boo'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 08:46 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

It is natural for the scale to fluctuate through the week without you doing anything wrong. This is why many people choose to only weigh in once a week, rather than 3x-because the day to day fluctuations can make them crazy.
It is impossible for a person to lose or gain 2 pounds of FAT in 2 days...so don't get so focused on the scale. Our bodies are mostly composed of water-so the bathroom, our sodium levels, if we have sweated a lot recently, if we are retaining water from PMS-and many other things can make the scale go up or down slightly. You did not gain 2 pounds of fat in 2 days.

I only weigh in once a week...because my scale will fluctuate up and down-and it is a more reliable measure of my actual progress to only look once. It would drive me crazy to weigh in every other day and see down a pound, up a pound, down 2 pounds, up one pound, and so forth for two weeks before the low number actually "stays" there.

If you can't honestly take the stress of the multiple weigh ins...then maybe cut out a visit to the center each week-and only go once or twice??? If you are measuring your portions and exercising regularly-the scale will start going in the right direction.

Even when you maintain a weight loss-the scale will fluctuate. When I maintained after my daughter was born, my goal weight was 155. I maintained at a range between 154-157 staying perfectly on plan. This was simply the fluctuation daily from the above mentioned things...and it DID stay in this 4 pound range-not higher or lower-when I stayed on my maintenance eating plan and exercise. There is always going to be SOME fluctuation-even at maintenance the scale will not stay a perfect 150 or 125 on the scale every single day or whatever your goal weight is. The body doesn't work that way.
aphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:13 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 234.4/199/155

I'm here with you sister- I have gone between 209 and 207 for the past week. Extremely frustrating. I feel like it is TOM but it hasn't been and I have not gone OP in any major way.

HOw about we both put our scales away for a few days and have positive thoughts! It is bound to break eventually...

Cheekyamero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #8  
Let's try this again . .

Height: 5'2"

Focused-Aphil had some good advice. So-if you still want to go in 3X/week-ask them if they can only tell you what the scale says 1X/week. Make sure you go at the same time of day on that day, wearing similar clothes. The other days-stand backwards on the scale. Let them know the fluctuations are stressing you out. They should easily be able to help you out with this.

I am 4 to 5 lbs heavier before I go to bed then I am in the am after going to the bathroom. You can't let it drive you crazy.
juliemarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #9  
Losing the Weight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by focused&strong View Post
I'm just not getten-it-right..and not sure why. It's happened b4 since the 2nd week..the same ol'down a lb.up a lb. I'm getting discouraged from the yoyoing. it's beginning to wear on my belief system. I have no doubt I can do this,but what's my problem? I'm not a binger,so that's not it. Monday I went in,and had lost 2 lbs......today I went in later than usual after lunch/and before going to the bathroom for the day..(excuse)..and I figured I'd probably be at the same weight..SURPRISE I'm up 2whole fat lbs. IN 48HRS? What the heck is that all about? Did I go hog wild..not at all.. I have been eating less,and eating healthy and this updownupdown is starting to get to me..I just need some consistancy to keep up the good fight..like even a half pound..but going in the right direction. I'm not giving up, but what should I do? ...I even sense the person that checks me in when this happens is kinna putting me in a special catagory and I even feel embarassed at not doing well..geez,that's all I need, to feel embarassed 3xwk.and pay for it. She suggested today I start measuring my food portions again..and more water..how much water can a person drink ... I'm not all that sure it has much to do with much anyway as long as a person is drinking water & I do drink my water,so tonight I start with the lemon water and again tomorow..and then maybe back to the juice..What do you all say? Thanks abunch. Focused~(and sorta strong)

Oh Boy can I relate. This has been going on with me for MONTHS. I too am discouraged. Its especially bad now that I'm within that last 20 pounds. I have weighed and measured throughout, done all my water, the works... the COD just keeps telling me that Its just the way my body reacts. YEAHRIGHTSURE... apparently over the last few years I've grown sensitive to EVERYTHING. I think not.

Especially since that doesn't explain why I can have one of those small bags of Lay's BBQ Chips and DROP over the next few days. Go Figure!

Anyway I share your pain!
StargazerJMK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #10  

You guys (women) ARE THE BEST! Consider that I have been advised. I am going to suggest I weigh in only once weekly. Especially since I 'sweat' over all the weigh in's..maybe that's part of the prob. who knows? Today I went out to lunch w/ DH and I deviated from 'THE PLAN'..I think I was in a what the heck moment..BUT!!!! I hardly ate any of the foods I ordered..I'm just tooo programed..In case your wondering, I fell for the Sweet potato pancakes with bacon/saugase/ham/and eggs..GEEZ if I had to fall this was it..I ate the eggs,and about 1/4 of the ham,and one of the 6inch pancakes. I know..bad bad bad..But I carted the rest of the ham,and the other 3 pancakes home. and counted it all. Don't have a clue what a 6" pancake is..(on a diet no less) but I counted it as 2breads. the 2 eggs.o.k. the ham as a protein. As soon as we got home I walked 30 min. w/ the dog..then 5min. cool down. Now for dinner..I'm scared..so I'm eating a med.size veggie salad..and calling it a done day. Still need to poop..WHY OH WHY IS THAT SO A PROB.? SORRY,,but so true. I am going to fill one 68oz.pitcher of water..that will show me what I need to drink in the day. YOU ARE ALL THE BEST! AND BLESS YOUR HEARTS!
Old 09-15-2006, 10:36 PM   #11  

Hello friends..I met today/weigh in,and within 24hrs.had already 'dropped' a lb. of the 2lb.gain from the 2lb.loss..geez,hard to keep up i know. Anyhoo, i told her that I spoke with LAWL friends (you all)and did get some suggestions. She was anxious to hear them. We then rescheduled me for a once weekly weigh in..although I still go 3xwk. She then asked to see my menu/planner..She said if this is all your eating, you are not eating enough.. your following 'your' plan, not the L.A.weightloss plan'..and your starving yourself! Geezlouise..I'm not eating enough ..that's different..here I am struggling to be "good"..but I'm not doing my body any good, in fact I'm doing it,and myself harm. I guess it's just so ingrained in me that when 'dieting' I need to eat sparingly..just the bare amount to get by..What a hard habit to kick,and then trust that IF I eat more I'll lose. What a matter of trust that requires..and I think I've just said it..trusting that their 'way' works better than my old,very old tried and true method of just barly eating enough to get get by. I also told her that I had been so tired of late,and not feeling all that good,so for dinner I've been only opening up a can of veggie soup,and having some veggies with it. Then we went though all the sodium issues..which I do believe does have some,maybe a whole lot of value in regards to my holding on to water..In the areas of poop..we also discussed that..the usual fiber intake..gosh,don't i eat enough fiber already?..guess not. So,the end result is eating more,weighing less,cool it with the salt/(canned)soups,and lean cuisines..and give that all a try to see how I do. Thanks so much for helping me get to the other side of this misery..My feeling was if I was going to feel this krappy,I might as well have some of the nono food...now I'm ok,and back in the game. Thanks to all of you and my desire to succeed,AND the two leather jackets I have waiting for me in two sizes smaller than I am now. thanks alot buds..mucho hugs. Focused again..
Old 09-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Focused - I'm glad your counseling session left you feeling more positive. Remember, if you do what you've always done, you'll get what you've always gotten. Forget about "your" way and do it the "LAWL" way. You'll be less stressed, and isn't "their" way what you're paying for?

We're all here for you. Stay positive and POP!
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 01:01 AM   #13  
FBD/8-18-08

Okay - the newbie was right about something! YEAH!!! I can so relate! Sometimes I feel like I'm too full to eat more, or I just don't want to eat again, or I'm in a rush or in town and would rather eat MY food than out, so I wait and then it piles up... Anyway, like I said, if I don't get all my food in, my body stops losing and goes into "starving here, not gonna lose" mode.
So glad you've got peace about it now and your ready to move on!
We're here for ya chickie!
Hugs - Now go eat breakfast!
Prazteam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:29 AM   #14  

Focused glad you got some suggestions from your couselor.
Tree0164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 02:59 PM   #15  
Candice on LAWL

S/C/G: 242/221/under 200!

Height: 5'6"

I had a probablem with not being regular after starting Lawl.. I was only taking 2 fish oils a day then bumped it up to 4 a day and it really helped. If you are not taking fish oils you should give it a try.

OT-Pearl.. WOW! You have lost 26 pounds on LAWL in 5 weeks?? that is great!!! I have been LAWL for 8 weeks now and have lost 18.. I guess I am a slow loser eh? you will be to your goal in no time!
May I ask what you are doing to lose the weight so quick??
Candiflip is offline   Reply With Quote