Old 09-13-2006, 09:20 AM   #1  
Wannabe Loser

S/C/G: 262/231/160

Height: 5'6"

Cool New and in need of inspiration

Hi guys and gals.
I'm new to 3FC's but not new to the weight loss journey. I started Atkins in June and have lost 31 pounds so far . It's slowing down though and I need a support group. Usually, not eating carbs is not much of a problem, but last night I had some bread cubes in my french onion soup, and I ate some graham crackers I know I'll pay for it today with cravings and icky feelings The good news is, I feel back on track today and plan on staying in control of my eating. That's such a rush, isn't it? When you control the food and not the other way around? My pants size has gone from 22 to 18 (some 16's) and I need to keep focusing on the positive. I'm looking for encouragement so that I do not repeat last night's weakness. I hope all have a good day today. BaDONKadonk.
badonkadonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #2  
Baby Steps

LOVE your nickname!! WTG on the weight loss so far and you're doing AWESOME! Welcome and come join us on the weekly chat
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 192/167.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Hi and welcome. This is the best place to be for support. I always come on and just post if I feel liek cheating or am just having a rough day. You can always get the help that you need here!
Maggie
needtolose4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 04:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

Great job at your weight lost. We all have a bad day once and awhile, I had one myself today, It was cold out and I just felt like sommething other than salad so I had bbq chicken " with the skin " and home made cole slaw with a diet orange soda and I have to tell you it felt good going down but a little later I thought it wasn't that great and now I feel bloated! I won't do that again any time soon, tomorrow is another day. this is the place for support.
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 09:04 AM   #5  
Wannabe Loser

Exclamation

Goodmorning Ladies, went to the gym last night and had a good workout. My workout buddy had foot surgery a couple weeks ago, so she's not able to go back yet. Weighed this morning, and I gained 1.5 pounds! Go figure. It may have to do with my stopping my BP meds. Since I've lost some weight, I'm trying to wean off the meds, so far so good as far as my BP goes, it's still normal and I've been off the meds for 3 days. I'm going thru something of a slump with my low carb eating. I'm getting a little tired of salads. I'm trying out some of the frozen vegs like cauliflower with cheese sauce, brussel sprouts in butter, and a broccoli medley. I'll bet I need to go back on induction for a jump start. Has anyone else felt that need? I haven't lost in about 2 weeks and am starting to get frustrated. I'm eating right, exercising, cutting way back on diet sodas, drinking at least 64 oz water (I guess I can up this amount). What else can I do? I'm even taking some of Dr. Atkin's recommended diet supplements chromium picolinate. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Hope all of you have a losing day! Drink up! BaDONKadonk.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:42 AM   #6  
Baby Steps

BA: Don't get too frustrated, it's normal for your body to have periods of no weight loss. Someone once said it perfectly---your body is going to fight to hold onto the fat. So just give it a bit more time before going back on induction to jump start things again. And maybe look at some food you might have added in the past couple weeks that might have stalled you out. Something that you might not have noticed---or have just eaten once. Could be something that simple. Good luck and keep up the great work!!
lady_adnerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #7  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Hi BA and welcome

Are you doing any exercise? If not, just going for a walk every day may be enough to move the scale a bit each week.

Changing up your food might make a difference too. Your body gets used to the same foods, and the same amount of carbs and calories.

I guess my suggestion would be if you havent changed what you have been doing for the last 31lbs, and things have stopped, its time to change things up a bit to get everything moving off again. Be patient, you've done great so far.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 250/250/160

Height: 5ft.5"

I watch those veggies your eating, the cheese, butter, ect. That adds a lot of extra fat to usually non-fat veggie. I use to do the same thing because it was veggies, try some seasoning and lemon juice, you can eat a whole bag steamed with no fat or cholestrol! And becareful what you put on your salad, bacon bits, croutons, cheese can be deadly with extra fat.
shoots-alot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:26 AM   #9  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

when your eating on the atkins plan, you dont have to worry about the fat you are eating.(unless its being way overdone) Its the croutons we have to watch.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 12:36 PM   #10  
Wannabe Loser

Thanks for all the input. Robin, you're right about the amount of fat such as in cheese and butter. Dr. Atkins actually recommends adding the good fats to your diet which I am doing in olive oil, real butter, nuts, olives...these I put on my salads and vegs. Also, I probably have been a bit lazy lately with the lean meats. Now that you mention it, I have had more meatballs, bacon, and hamburger meat than I probably should. You know, they're cheaper and quicker to prepare than some of the other meats that I started out with. I am exercising 2-3 times per week at the gym. I'm concentrating today on uping my water intake. Thanks to you all for the words of inspiration. I AM going to lose this weight once and for all. I SHALL OVERCOME! Everyone have a great day. BaDONKAdonk.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:59 PM   #11  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Hi, just wanted to welcome you. Great job on the weight loss.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:37 PM   #12  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

cool! Today in class I won some kind of contest and I was awarded 2 mini snickers. I didnt want to look werid and not accept it so I did , then I just put in my bag. Not that I didnt serisouly think about eating it but then I though of my anti-brownie and I gave one to my friend and one to this guy I kinda like , he was like really? cool thanks! and smile haha good move amy!
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #13  
on my way down again

Badonkadonk. oh, now I am singing the ''badonkadonk'' song. I'm on induction, and cheese will do that to me, if I go over the 3-4 ounces amount. And sour cream can slow one's weight loss down. Nuts can lead me to gain or stall if I don't weigh and measure carefully. And for now, I'm staying away from the specialty list with the avacado and olives for a while. Also, I have to limit my sugar subs to 3 packets a day.

I'm not tired of the salads yet, but my husband was last night so we changed our salad dressing and that helped him fine. Also, like Atkins says, maybe you are losing inches instead of pounds for a while? He said in his book that is normal. I hope the needle starts to move for you soon. And that's wonderful your getting off you BP medication. I'm looking forward to that soon too. Let us know how it goes.
Sonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #14  
Cause I'm worth it!!!!

S/C/G: 202/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"6

I almost done with my indcution period, i know I have lost inches not sure of pounds, def. some bloat , I visited my best friend yesterday who I hadnt seen like over a month, and she had no idea I was dieting , and she immediatly asked me, if id lost weight and told me I look great. I see myself everyday and dont see that much of a change but I guess its visible. I am only on mid- week 2 of induction, and i think my water weight is gone. I need a scale.
vouge09 is offline   Reply With Quote