Support Groups - Weight Loss and Chit Chat #212

View Full Version : Weight Loss and Chit Chat #212

Jane
09-13-2006, 09:33 AM
Hello and :welcome: to the Jaded Ladies site, :wave:

We are a group of ladies that come here for support and encouragement on our weight loss struggles, and we also find time for some chitchatting. So please, won't you join us? New members are always welcome. :yes:

Jane
09-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Good morning, chickas,:carrot:

Nixxie - hope you get some rest!

Robin - congrats to DD for making the CAST team. :cp: The ear pulling doens't hurt. We gently tug on the ear lobes, one for each year, and then 2 extra. There's a speil we say, just like the generations before. My son would envy you your RV spot. He and Gina have a big camper, and they have to pull it to the camp site each time they want to go camping, which is most weekends. But they just can't afford the monthly rental. Nice places are really high aroung here, because there is so little competition.

Marti - aww, I'm sorry about the stuff going on at work. Maybe she's doing some "favors" for the boss, lol. I know you're a good, dedicated employee, and so it just isn't fair!

Norma - woohoo for the 1 pound difference! I have the exact same scales you got. A big, tall iron monster, lol. Darn thing is very accurate, lol.

Liz - no, I don't knit, lol. One try was enough. Although you didn't get much to eat for the fish dinner, at least it was real food. I like to eat what the family eats, and fill up on green beans, or something like that. If all else fails, you could try to keep a Lean Cuisine in the freezer for situations like that.

Sassy - I'm wondering if you shouldn't work out different muscles each day. You know, first the upper body, then the next day, the lower ones. In the meantime, you might want to try some Aleve, if you don't have a problem with it. It really helps me when I need it. Well, we already established that men are doody heads at times, lol. I know you'll get things patched up soon if you haven't already.

Cristina - aww, I'm thinking of you, friend, and hoping you're feeling a little cheerier. :hug:

Neal and I had a great day yesterday. We spent the whole day together, and went over to the Amish restaurant and flea market. We also went to the fabric store to get some scrapbook and hair bow supplies. He followed me around and held my stuff, lol. Then we made copies of photos at Walmart. He was a real good sport about the whole thing. I ate too much at the restaurant, but OMG their chicken is soooo good! Instead of pie or cake, I chose Amish peanut butter spread on homemade bread for dessert. So good!

I have news..... Gina is pregnant!!!! Maybe I'll get a little grandson this time, but will be very happy with another healthy DGD. :yes:

Have a good one, ladies!!

Marti
09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Good Morning Ladies--

Well I was a quiet girl all day long until the last few hours of work. I tried to keep my opinions to myself, and even when asked, I said "It's best if I just not say anything" Then of coarse I was asked again (apparently its too unusual for me to be quiet!) :lol: And I said my piece.

The gal I spoke to was very nice about it and listened to all my ramblings. Great gal. Doesn't make a difference, but at least I spoke up and said what I had to say.

And that was yesterday. How will today look?? Who knows? Take one day at a time.

Ok...done w/my blabbering about nothing. :dizzy:

Will chat w/you all later.

Hugs!:hug:

suetalks
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM
Hello, I don't remember the last time I had a post on chit chat...but twice I wrote posts and got timed out before I could send them..and I hadn't copied. Grrr. Last night I spent the evening cleaning up the computer again and downloaded Firefox, which I had used before, but hadn't re-installed after the geek had my puter. So, hopefully I will not have the same problems again.

Now, I can't remember what I even wrote about or what I said to you all. :)

We have been busy getting the finishing touches on the new house. (all pretty much done, still some work on cabinets to go) I just keep on keeping on cleaning this house for showing. And Open House is Sun. We now have two families who would like to have the house if theirs sell. Neither one has made that offer to us though. I didn't start packing last week as we decided to wait until after the Open House. It really won't be too hard to pack...we will take things to the new house little by little and put away until the BIG move day.

I have been shopping for furniture and drapes..still. We now know what we want, just have to go the final step. (the money step..lol)

Sorry so many of you have been down or sick or had sick "babies." Must be something in the air as I have felt puny for two days. Just lightheaded and keep thinking that something worse is coming on.

Hopefully this computer will act right and I can get back with individuals.

JANE- A new grand...how GRAND!

Marti- Hope things improve at work. Take a deep breath!

FrouFrou
09-13-2006, 05:10 PM
Hello ladies...

Sorry this is just a quickie for me but since I was here I thought I better say HI! Spent too much time elsewhere and catching up reading and now I need to get going. Will chat more tomorrow and do individuals. But for now...I hope everyone is having a great day!

Sassy_Chick
09-13-2006, 06:13 PM
Evening Ladies! :D

I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Free to do as I please this evening & night! :dancer: lol. Hub left for the evening/night to go see a baseball game with his friend. Only thing is his friend is having him pay for the parking when he already "shafted him" out of tickets that HUB paid for yesterday! But that isn't my beeswax, its between them, so whatever............lollllllllll

Anyways. I plan on doing a bit of tidying while the Mr. is out of my "hair". lollllllllllllll. Then I think I'll do ummmmmmm NOTHING! hee hee. I already put away some laundry. Waiting on the other load to get finished to put it away.

We ended up not going to the Y. Didn't have time. So I plan on doing my WATP DVD instead. That should be a nice change I think. ;)

Off to Individuals!

Jane -- Yeah I think your right, work the upper one day, the lower the next and I can do the WATP dvd in between.............Oh and yes me and the Mr. did "patch" things up, as we always do. ;) Glad you and Neal had a good day and YUMMO sounds good. Have you ever tried Cashew Butter??? I heard its supposed to be good, dunno...........

Hey ya Marti. Glad you got to say your piece. Sometimes that is all we need. ;) Hope today went better. :)

Sue glad the house is coming together for ya. Hope the Open House goes well for ya and the BIG MOVE. :D I hear about computers. I need to completely wipe mine and redo it........:p

*Sees a Flash of Light* What was that? A shooting star? A rocket? No it was Cristina! lolllllll. Hi Ya Hun! :wave: Glad you stopped in! Come back when you can sit and chat a spell! ;) lol.

Hi :wave: everybody out there in lurkdomville!

Have a Great Night All! :)

:hug:

jfulldivajackett
09-13-2006, 07:51 PM
My stress level is pretty much at the top of the charts.

We had an appointment with the genetisist yesterday. We got everything from it could be the Phenobarbital causing him to have the choreatic movements, or it could be something called Infantile NCL - which I hope to god it's not. http://www.bdsra.org/batten.htm

Infantile NCL (Santavuori-Haltia disease): begins between about 6 months and 2 years of age and progresses rapidly. Affected children fail to thrive and have abnormally small heads (microcephaly). Also typical are short, sharp muscle contractions called myoclonic jerks. Initial signs of this disorder include delayed psychomotor development with progressive deterioration, other motor disorders, or seizures. The infantile form has the most rapid progression and children live into their mid childhood years.

They don't know. This is just the latest "thing that it might be". Pretty shocking to find out that your child COULD have a fatal result. They drew blood for eleven blood tests and urine for four urine tests. Plus we need MRI, MRS, VEP and EEG tests done. Don't ask me what the MRS and VEP are- I don't know, I just know we need them. So hopefully within the next two weeks we can get all those tests completed so we can get a few more answers. I am so sick of the waiting. Every night Karter flails around and goes crazy - and then sleeps all day. There is nothing I can do about it right now- and it's killing me- I'm telling you. Nothing but wait for the pieces to fall into place. And I'm falling to pieces inside. Kind of freaking out- I would love a tranquilizer.

Cafe Ole
09-14-2006, 09:13 AM
Morning!

JenOh Jen I am sorry!!!!!! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sassy.. you are a funny - hope you enjoyed the night "off" :)

Marti... I believe in saying how you feel, why let it build, of course I try not to be hurtful but for some you just have to s-p-e-l-l- it out you know? Sometimes I feel quilty after but usually always better as well.

Sue... maybe sinus? this cooler weather is killing me. Of course I hear there is a little flu/strep bug going around too (YUCK) here comes the season. That is awesome you are alsmost done on the house - new pix?

Jane... first CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!! How exciting!!
Yea our spot is really pricey but when we figure in gas, the convenience, no more towing all the time, we are going for it - if it works we will keep it, if not, we will deal with it later but it is ours for a year anyhow. I love to camp! I am bumming as dh might have to work this weekend so we might not go on our last outing :( That is another great thing about a "spot" we could go anyhow.

GOOD MORNING TO ALL & ALL I MISSED. Sorry I have a huge pile on my desk that is calling my name :dizzy:

Marti
09-14-2006, 12:23 PM
Good Morning gals....

Lets see if I can do a little bit of catch up. :D

Jane--Congrats on Gina being pregnant!! That is wonderful news. I'll keep little grandboys in my thoughts for her! :lol: Sounds like you and Neil had a great time together. James may have some time off this weekend. I'm hoping. I'd like to do something with him for more than a couple hours. We haven't gone out in a long time.

Sue--How exciting knowing the time is so close! I hope the open house is a success this weekend and that you get an offer. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Cristi--Heeeellllllooooo!!! :wave: (think she got that as she flew by?) :D

Sassy--How was your night of having the house to yourself? Every now and then it's nice to have those kinds of nights. How do you like the WATP tapes? I love mine. Just need to do them MORE!!

Jen-- :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: I wish there was more we could do to help you. Just know we are all thinking of you and your little one!!

Robin--Your vacation spot sounds like a dream vacation spot!! You'll have to post photos of your space and share w/us so we can "visit" it too!!:D

Well yesterday was a better day thats for sure. But I have to say, that I did find out that a couple of the gals are looking into new jobs. Which I don't blame them. You try to move up around there and there is no where to go or they give the position to someone who has been there not even 6months over 2yrs of experience. Crazy. I just wish them luck.

I should get going. Need to primp before work and eat some breakfast.

Chat w/you all later!

Hugs!:hug:

Jane
09-14-2006, 04:45 PM
Hi ladies,

Marti - well, at least they know how you feel at work. Is this something you can talk out with your supervisor? Ask if you've hit the glass ceiling?

Sue - I'm so excited for you! I know how neat it is to move into a brand new house. I can still smell the wood sometimes when I come home.

Cristi - hi Cristi! Bye Cristi, lol.

Sassy - did you enjoy your evening alone? I like evening like that once in awhile. On Mondays when Neal bowls, I turn up the music and do what I want. Or watch a chick flick, you know?

Jen - so many tests! I'm sorry your little one has to go through all this, and I'm sorry you do, too. You're both in my thoughts and prayers, Jen. :hug:

Robin - I think that's a really good way to invest your $$. You're making memories that will last a lifetime, and I know from my son camping all the time, neighboring campers can be some of the nicest people ever!

Thanks for the congrats on the new baby. We'll have "blue" thoughts, ok? HAHA Well, today is shopping day, and Madison's day to be my girl. She loves to shop, and always has from when she was tiny, lol. She helps me pick out fruit, and helps me put stuff in the cart, lol. Marketing strategies aren't lost on her - she's attracted to pretty packaging.

Later is my Body, Mind and Spirit meeting, and I've got some things to do before then, so I'd better get off here and get busy.

Have a good day. :)

mkat321
09-14-2006, 04:47 PM
just flying by right now hey to all :) Dh found the remote to our dvd/vhs combo so here in a few the younger kidlets and I are going to try out our new denise austin DVD :)

harkeyvalley
09-14-2006, 05:12 PM
Jen: You and your family will be in my prayers.

Sue:You have so much going on a the same time. How do you keep your sanity? I hope you get a bid soon. It's hard enough to take care of one house, let alone two!

Marti:Job frustrations can be a diet buster. Stick to your guns. I like it that you speak your mind. I think most people like that also. They know where you're coming from and you feel better.

Cristina: I know you're really busy, but we'd love to have your company. Besides, how can you get through the day without sharing with your Jaded Ladies?!!!LOL

Mkat: I hope Denise, you and the kids all had a super time!

Jane: Congratulations on the baby news. I just love babies. I have 12 grandkids and I would love more. I think my kids are finished though. You'll have to start making a pre baby scrapbook page. Did you get out of the store with any money left after the help from your helper shopper!LOL

Sassy: Sounds like you had a quiet night without your other half. Did you have fun?

Hello all other Jaded Ladies, come back soon!

Today is my 6 week anniversay of this lifestyle change. I weighed 258.5 lbs this morning. My totals to date are 14 1/2 lbs gone (almost 3 5lb bags of flour) and 11 inches gone from my diameter. It's not coming off as fast that I thought it would but it's a little more than 2 lbs per week so I shouldn't complain. I'd like to think that I'm a turtle in a race with the rabbit. The rabbit starts off fast but stops to rest and dozes off and doesn't finish the race. The turtle though, kept plodding along and reached the goal a winner!

You all have a super Friday and weekend.
Norma

Sassy_Chick
09-14-2006, 05:18 PM
Hey all,

Yes I enjoyed my night to myself. I watched a chick flick and played on the 'puter some.

Hope you all have a great evening!

FrouFrou
09-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Ha, almost said Good Morning ladies...:dizzy: I think because it is my first post on the thread for the day I tend to think it is morning. Anyway, Good Afternoon ladies!

Feeling much better these days, well, sort of...would be feeling GREAT if these darn allergies weren't being so pesky. I hate this...nose running, sinus headache and sore throat, oh, and watery eyes-but then it could be worse so I am thankful it's just allergies. Need to just stay indoors but can't do that, I would really go crazy.

Not sure what was up with thos stupid scales, got on today and they were back down, why? No clue. I really need to spend a couple hundred dollars on some really good scales, just cheap I guess.

Heard from Josh finally! He called three times while V and I were at the Fair Tuesday and I actually heard it the third time but didn't get to it fast enough, ugh! He called me back yesterday though and we talked for a good 30 mns. He got my first 4 packages a few days ago and they ALL said thank you and they really appreciated it. I asked if what he wanted sent this time and he said something to do...DVD's, books, games etc. So spent the morning doing some shopping. Me and DD hit the used book store and got lots of paperback books, well, we got about 10. Going to go back in a few days because this was our last stop and I was pooped. Figure 10 is a good start. They had some best seller books for $3 and they were hardcover. Bought them some nerf footballs, puzzle books, magazines and all kinds of other stuff. He also wanted an electric shaver so he could shave everyday in his room. Anyway, it was good talking with him.

JANE...CONGRATULATION'S! hope this grandbaby is a boy. Glad you and Neal had a great time. Madison sounds like my kind of gal, lol!

MARTI...I think I would have had a hard time no speaking up, just doesn't seem fair, but then that is life...it's never fair is it?

JEN...my heart goes out to you and yours. :hug: :hug: It is so hard standing by and seeing your child being ill and not being able to help them. I do hope they find out what is wrong soon and do something to make it better for him. Sending lots of hugs and prayers your way. :hug: :hug: :hug:

SUE...oh what fun! Before long you will be moved and all settled in your new home. And I wish you the best with your Open House. Keeping my fingers crossed for an offer :crossed:

SASSY...silly woman, lol. Hope you enjoyed your time to yourself. It's always nice to have that "alone" time once in a while. Wanna come and clean my house, please?! I've been too busy the last two days I haven't gotten anything done except laundry...figure I NEED clean clothes, lol.

MKAT...glad you could stop by and say HI! Hope you and the kids enjoy your workout, sounds like fun.

ROBIN...Could you possibly go yourself this weekend? It would be so nice to go away for the weekend...can't remember the last time I did.

JULES...if you are out there lurking missy, you need to get over here and post. Thinking about you and wondering how you are.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

I am going to see if I can get the house straightened before Jeopardy. I think I have time, just have to dust a few rooms and vacuum and I am sure I can get it done in a hour. Oh, shoot, I have to get some more packages ready to mail for Josh and his squad tomorrow. This time I am focusing on entertainment for the guys. They are bored out of their minds! Forgot to mention that V and I had a GREAT time at the fair. We left the house at 9 a.m. and got home about 6 p.m. I'll share some pictures when I get this roll developed. We need more days like that. Started out at a cool (cold to me) 58 degrees, was cloudy and windy so I was cold until about 1 when the sun finally decided to come out. But it was nice. I think we appreciate it more if we don't go every year. Anyway, better get going if I am going to get something done.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Jane
09-14-2006, 05:28 PM
mkat - you go, girl!!

Norma - well, I always spend more when the DGDs are with me while I shop, that's for sure, lol. The turtle always wins the race, and I'm so proud of your success so far.

Cristi - so glad you heard from Josh! What a relief! You are going to be the guys' favorite mom with all the things you're sending. How thoughtful of you, Cristi. Glad you had a good time at the fair with your sweetie. Share those photos when you can.

Sassy - I wish I was the girl in your avatar. Or at least had her energy, lol.

ok.... now I really do have to get!

FrouFrou
09-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi SASSY and NORMA! :wave:

You ladies snuck in there while I was typing that novel, lol!

SASSY...glad you enjoyed your night and what chick flick did you watch? I love chick flicks!

NORMA...HAPPY 6th ANNIVERSARY!:carrot: I think you are doing an awesome job! :bravo: I too think of myself as the turtle and for the longest time I had a turtle weight tracker and a snail smilie next to my name. I figure I will eventually get there...it may take me forever, but I WILL finish the race, lol! I think that slower is better anyway. I've always read the slower you take it off the liklihood of you putting it back on is less than if you take it off really fast. But WTG!

suetalks
09-14-2006, 10:41 PM
Good evening...I am still not feeling tip top, although I had several things to do today. I think I am going to try to just lay low tomorrow and not do a thing. Gotta get feeling better.
Things are chugging along house wise..and all is well.
I will check in when I feel more like chatting.

JJPhat
09-15-2006, 05:01 AM
Father God,
I pray you give wisdom to the doctors that are overseeing Karter's case. Show them the problem and solution it all. Let Karter's condition meraculously progress in healing and wellness that he would be a testament to you great hand. Please, Lord, give both Jen and Karter peace throught the night and day. Let them sleep at the appropriate time and rest while doing so. Please comfort Jen in the middle of the chaos and be an ever present help to Karter's healing and mending. Wash Jen with your love and mercy today.

In Jesus name I pray
Amen
My stress level is pretty much at the top of the charts.

We had an appointment with the genetisist yesterday. We got everything from it could be the Phenobarbital causing him to have the choreatic movements, or it could be something called Infantile NCL - which I hope to god it's not. http://www.bdsra.org/batten.htm

Infantile NCL (Santavuori-Haltia disease): begins between about 6 months and 2 years of age and progresses rapidly. Affected children fail to thrive and have abnormally small heads (microcephaly). Also typical are short, sharp muscle contractions called myoclonic jerks. Initial signs of this disorder include delayed psychomotor development with progressive deterioration, other motor disorders, or seizures. The infantile form has the most rapid progression and children live into their mid childhood years.

They don't know. This is just the latest "thing that it might be". Pretty shocking to find out that your child COULD have a fatal result. They drew blood for eleven blood tests and urine for four urine tests. Plus we need MRI, MRS, VEP and EEG tests done. Don't ask me what the MRS and VEP are- I don't know, I just know we need them. So hopefully within the next two weeks we can get all those tests completed so we can get a few more answers. I am so sick of the waiting. Every night Karter flails around and goes crazy - and then sleeps all day. There is nothing I can do about it right now- and it's killing me- I'm telling you. Nothing but wait for the pieces to fall into place. And I'm falling to pieces inside. Kind of freaking out- I would love a tranquilizer.

JJPhat
09-15-2006, 05:10 AM
Friends,

May we all reach our weight goal for this week. May our steps be lighter and our laughter be infectius to those around us. Let our bones, illnesses, and muscles be mended, healed and rejuvinated. And let our hearts overflow with the love of God.

Have a wonderful weekend
Tiffany

Nixxie
09-15-2006, 08:00 AM
Happy Firday to you all!!!

I am actually home with a slight cold. Was running a fever this morning but now I feel MUCH better. I am headin' to the clothing store to try on and hopefully buy a suit for...

dun dun duuuun

a job interview!!! It is sweet! An english speaking advertising agency! No Swedish requirements! I am so jazzed!

Hopefully I will be buying a smaller size too. Clothes here fit weird so I am not sure about that.

Anyhoot....

Going to have to restart that "weight loss" program of mine. been bad the last few weeks. Lack of will power and time. *shakes head at self*

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Enjoy!

Sassy_Chick
09-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Morning Ladies. :coffee:

Yes I did enjoy my night to myself. I watched "Indecent Proposal" with Demi Moore, Woody Harrelson, and Robert Redford. Not sure if that is persay a "chick flick" but I say it is, maybe not as "chicky" as some, but its still a love story. lol.

I made some Pumpkin Bread this morning. I know, I know..........But it could have been something worse and I've been craving pumpkin in the worse way. I did make it with Olive Oil, that should count for something? Anyways I only had one small piece.............;)

Jane -- Yes I wish I was that woman in my avatar as well. lol. I guess that is why I picked it, inspiration. lol.

Cristina -- I agree, the one who is slow and steady keeps the weight off longer. That is my thinking anyways. ;) As you can see from above, I watched Indecent Proposal. I don't know if that is a "chick flick" persay, but I still say its at least a little bit "chicky". lol. I love chick flicks and I have to be in "the mood" for them and I was Wed. night. :)

Hey Sue -- I hope you feel better hon! I know I've been battling a cold off and on............:hug:

Tiffany -- thanks for the great inspiration!

Nixxie -- WTG! :high: Good Luck with the Job Interview!

To everybody else out there in lurkdomville, HELLO! :wave: I hope you all are having a wonderful Morning and enjoy your Friday! :D

:hug: and :dust: to all!

Cafe Ole
09-15-2006, 11:28 AM
Morning All!

Jane... I will type in blue as we are thinking BLUE thoughts for you LOL

Norma... Congrats, Way to go!!! :carrot: :carrot:

Cristina... I wish I could haul that beast on my own to still go camping. But I haven't towed it on my own yet much less haven't towed it at all -- I can see it now -- EVERYONE would be getting out of my way on the Hwy LMAO
:rofl: next year it will be easy as it will be parked so I can just go and take the kids and head on up with no worries when he can't go. So now I will just stay home and have a garage sale -- let's see how good I can clean out the basement :D

Sue...I hope you are feeling better!!! definite sinus/allergy stuff going on.

Have a super weekend everybody!!! I am gonna get this work done so I can sneak out early & try to get set up for a garage sale tomorrow - I have tons of clothes to get rid of now ;)

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

suetalks
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
Good morning.. Still feeling pretty rocky this morning. I had to get out though and run to the new house with a message. Never fails. :) I decided that since I had to go anyway I would stop by the Mall and look at some things I wanted to check out. Wrong. By the time I got to the house I was feeling worse, so I just came back home and laid down for awhile. Shopping will have to wait. AND if I am saying that you know I must feel bad! LOL

Good to see you all this a.m.....I will check back later and do some individuals.

Jane
09-15-2006, 03:58 PM
Hi ladies,

Sue - hope you're feeling better. I see that your "egg" light is on, so we're probably posting at the same time.

Tiffany - what a heartfelt prayer for Jen and Karter, and nice thoughts for all of us. Glad you're feeling better, too.

Nixxie - well, I gotta know! How'd the interview go?

Sassy - I saw that movie when it first came out, and it was good. The premise of it gave people at parties lots to talk about for a long time. "Would you, or wouldn't you" kind of stuff. Very interesting.

Robin - yep, you're gonna be loving it next year when you can just drive to your campsite. LOL for the blue type. That's so cute!! Gina hasn't had much morning sickness, so it's probably a girl. Have fun and make lots of money at the garage sale.

Hello to anyone else reading this. :wave:

I got the mid-month bills paid. Doing that is such a bummer, lol. I'm headed to town in a little while. Need to go to the library, and also need to go by Walmart. Always need stuff at Walmart, right? :dizzy:

Not much going on.... may bbl. :hug:

FrouFrou
09-15-2006, 06:13 PM
Hello ladies...

TIFFANY...Amen! Wonderful prayer. Hope all is well with you and your little one.

NIXXIE...CONGRAT'S on the job interview. Will keep my fingers crossed that you get it. :crossed:

SASSY...I like that movie and have seen it several times. If it is on and nothing else is I will watch it again. Mmmmmm, pumkin bread sounds so good right now. As does pumkin pie and cookies. Anyone have a recipe for pumkin cookies?

ROBIN...for some reason I thought it was already parked there. Duh! Probably missed that you said it wasn't somewhere. And hey, at least everyone would get out of your way, lol!

JANE...how was your shopping day with Madison? Bet you girls had fun! I don't know about being the favorite mom but I do know they did appreciate all the goodies. I wish I was there to see their faces. You know it's sad because a lot of the guys think people have forgotten about them and then to receive stuff it just really makes their day and send their self-esteem sky high! Anyway, just feel like I need to do something for the guys to let them know people do care. Know what you mean about doing bills, well, actually I guess I don't...V does them. I think he does a much better job than I would. Did it in my first marriage and this time no way.

SUE...hope you get to feeling better missy. Could it be allergies as Robin mentioned? I know that is what is bothering me, trying to keep on going but what I really want to do is go lay down.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Gotta get going before Jeopardy comes on, lol. Don't feel like I got much done today. I went all over looking for some magazines for Josh and the guys and couldn't even find a Sports Illustrated and...I went to the bookstore! Oh well, there's always next time. I found plenty and I know they will enjoy it. Spent about 1 1/2 hours just going there and then to another store. Got back home and had to pack all the stuff and fill out the forms and get them to the post office to mail. Came home and started on the yard. Took me a while but I got it mowed and watered. It was cool and was doing fine and then the last two days it warmed up and was looking bad. At least it's not in the high 90's and low 100's to where I have to water every day. Needless to say I didn't get my computer time in today except for Josh's banking online. Hopefully I can spend more time on here tomorrow and get the house cleaned, and...start my scrapbook pages. Okay, yakity, yak...

Take care ladies and I will chat with ya's tomorrow! Have a good day!

Katiecat
09-15-2006, 07:53 PM
Just a quick note...

Went to the Dr. today, and she is resubmitting the request for physical therapy -- she wasn't too happy it was denied the first time, since she really thinks it will help me. I'm still off work, and will see her again 10/27. I will be going back for another EMG test, ugh, but hopefully it will give some good information on how the nerve in my arm is healing.

I found a great site with WW pumpkin recipes, Cristi -- I'll try to get back on this weekend and post a few in the recipe thread.

Sassy...olive oil is a healthier oil than say, regular vegetable oil. Current WW guidelines are to get 2 tsp of a healthy oil every day (olive oil, canola, sunflower, safflower or flaxseed). 2 tsp isn't much. But, even though olive oil is definitely "healthier", it's still 100% fat, and has the same calories as any other type of fat. One thing you can try is to substitute half of the oil in a quickbread or cake recipe with unsweetened applesauce -- still keeps the recipe moist and sometimes isn't noticeable at all in the finished product. If you like the result, you can try playing around with the proportions -- try swapping out 2/3 of the oil for applesauce, etc.

Jane, congrats on the new g-baby to be!!! Thinking blue, blue, blue...

Jen, my heart goes out to you and your family. I clicked on some of your links and read about all the trials you've been going through with Karter...you are in my prayers.

Nixxie, good luck on the interview!

Gotta cut this short...hubby needs my attention :) Hugs to everyone...

JJPhat
09-16-2006, 04:15 AM
Hi ladies,

I respectfully disagree with Katiecat's accessment of olive oil and offer this information as to why. I am NOT trying to be combative, I only wish to provide more than one view of olive oil so that you all may make your own oppinion of it. I will also include the link to the site it came from if you wish to investigate further. Have a healthy weekend.

Relation to human health
In the United States, producers of olive oil may place the following health claim on product labels:

Limited and not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that eating about two tablespoons (23 grams) of olive oil daily may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the monounsaturated fat in olive oil. To achieve this possible benefit, olive oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day.[5]
This decision was announced November 1, 2004 by the Food and Drug Administration after application was made to the FDA by producers. Similar labels are permitted for omega-3 fatty acids and walnuts which also contain monounsaturated oil[6].

A health study in 2005 compared the effects of different sorts of olive oil on arterial elasticity. Probands were given a serving of 60 grams of white bread and 40 milliliters of olive oil each morning for two consecutive days. The study was conducted in two stages. During the first stage, the probands received polyphenol-rich oil ("extra virgin" oil contains the highest amount of polyphenol antioxidants), during the second, they received oil with only one fifth the phenolic content. The elasticity of the arterial walls of each proband was measured using a pressure sleeve and a Doppler laser. It was discovered that after the probands had consumed olive oil high in polyphenol antioxidants, they exhibited increased arterial elasticity, while after the consumption of olive oil containing less polyphenols, they exhibited no significant change in arterial elasticity. It is supposed that, in the long term, increased elasticity of arterial walls reduces vascular stress and consequentially the risk of two common causes of death - heart attacks and stroke. This could, at least in part, explain the lower incidence of both ailments in regions where olive oil and olives are consumed on a daily basis.

In addition to the internal health benefits of olive oil, topical application is quite popular with fans of natural health remedies. Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is the preferred grade for moisturizing the skin, especially when used in the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM). OCM is a method of cleansing and moisturizing the face with a mixture of EVOO, castor oil (or another suitable carrier oil) and a select blend of essential oils.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Olive_oil

Nixxie
09-16-2006, 05:38 AM
Thanks girls! interview is monday soooooooooo I have have the whole weekend to hopefully find something "Professional and grown up" to wear. All I have are band t-shirts. hehehehe

Jane congrats on the grandbaby to be!!

Sassy_Chick
09-16-2006, 08:39 AM
Morning Ladies.

I feel so lazy here lately. I haven't been to the gym and I haven't been doing the WATP either. :( I guess all I can do is keep trying. Can't give up..........

Jane -- yes the movie was pretty good, nothing else was on so I figured I'd watch it.

Cristina -- Yes the pumpkin bread was good. On the box for the pumpkin bread it had a recipe for pumpkin cookies. You may find it online, it was Pilsbury Brand. I want to make some cookies too, to take to work to share so they are not here for me to eat! lol.

Katie -- Yes I've used applesauce before and it does work just as good, I just didn't even think of it the other morning when I was making the bread, it was very early in the AM and I just had gotten off work, so brain was a bit "fried" lollllllllllllll. I will remember that for when I make the pumpkin cookies for sure, thanks. ;)

Thanks for the article on Olive Oil, JJ. The kind we have is Extra Virgin, Organic. :)

Nixxie -- not sure if you have this in your area, but have you ever heard of Dress for Success? They are a wonderful Organization that offers FREE professional clothing and yes even make up for women! I went right before graduating college. My career counselor took me there and I got a wonderful professional outfit to use for interviews and even a job. They set me up with EVERYTHING, from top to bottom, including pantyhose, shoes, jewelry and yes make up. Everything there is very nice and they even have a person to help you find what you need.

You also get a second outfit once you get a job. I just have never gotten a chance go back. But it is a wonderful program. If you google it you should be able to find the website to find one close by. :)

:goodluck:

Well Chicks, I hope you have a wonderful Weekend!!!!!!!!!

:hug:

suetalks
09-16-2006, 12:11 PM
Feeling better today so maybe I can get caught up around the house. Then I can come here and get caught up with everyone. I already pulled weeds....

Open house tomorrow and already have a showing booked for Mon. (people who looked at it Thurs. coming back for a second look) *fingers crossed*

Closing on the new house Tues. or Wed. as it stands now. YAY!

Jane
09-16-2006, 12:49 PM
Happy Saturday to you, :D

Mary Kate - thank you so much for the card and the bookmark. :hug: I really like the quote on the bookmark, and will think of you every time I use it. I hope your doc can get the powers that be to reconsider your request for PT. Why they would deny it is a mystery to me. Hey, could you find a pumpkin dessert recipe that it good for diabetics? Gina is diabetic now, so I'm going to try and help her with desserts.

Cristi - wow, you're a busy lady. I haven't mowed grass for so long, it would probably kill me, lol. I don't even use the riding mower! Josh has to be so proud that you send stuff all the time. We have cooler temps headed our way starting tomorrow, I think. I'm ready for fall, aren't you? Don't have my fall things out yet, though.

Tiffany - thank you for the article about olive oil. Small amounts of it are good for a person, but agree moderation is key. I'd like to know more about your city over in Germany. Are there lots of things to do? I remember how beautiful Kaiserslautern was when I lived there in the '70's. Cobblestone streets, etc.

Sassy - no, don't give up on the exercise. I don't think you really will, though, you've got too much spunk. :D I bet you have to work this weekend, right?

Today I need to clean. I thought about making vegetable soup, but don't know if that's going to happen. Tomorrow the fam's coming over for a weiner roast. This will be the first one of the season, so we're looking forward to that.

Do any of you work jigsaw puzzles? I bought 2 of them by Gooseberry Patch - 750 pieces. One is of a quilting room, and the other is a kitchen, with canning supplies and tomatoes. Very interesting to me! I don't usually do jigsaws, but I think I'll like these. No place to put them, though, except the dining room table. :dizzy:

Have a good weekend, ladies, :hug:

FrouFrou
09-16-2006, 01:25 PM
Morning ladies...

My stinking nose is so stopped up, ugh! I can't stand it when I can't breathe. Nothing seems to be workin gthis time. I usually take Tyenol Sever Allergy and it has always worked in the past...now it's not. Oh well...just really drags me down and I don't feel like doing anything.

JANE...I used to love doing jigsaw puzzles...was a challenge for me and kept me buys for sure. I can't remember the last time I did one though. Yours sound interesting and I know you will love doing them. What I've seen some people do is frame them. They put something on them after it is finished so the pieces stick together and then put them in a frame. My cousin had a quilt one on her dining room wall and it looked so pretty. Hope you have lots of fun with them. And YES! I am ready for fall! It is supposed to get up to 92 today and then drop down in the 70's tomorrow and next week. Now if this darn wind would quit blowing 100 mph!

SASSY...you won't quit...I can tell by your posts that you've got a new attitude about exercising. It's okay to take a break once in a while but not for too long. I've learned my lesson about long breaks and then trying to get motivated again. I took the week off this week...wasn't in the mood and I can't work out when I don't feel good, especially when I can't breathe.

MARYKATE...I sure don't understand either why they would turn down the PT, but with insurance companies you never know. I had to fight ours on a couple of things before which is sad because you pay for it. I do hope they give it to you. And yes, thank you. Any and all pumpkin recipes would be great! Especially low-fat ones!

NIXXIE...well, I will be sending good vibes for your interview on Monday! :goodvibes:

TIFFANY...I don't use that much oil...tend to bake and broil lots of stuff. But I do use olive oil once in a while. Thanks for sharing the article...always good to see other points.

SUE...wow, bet you can't wait until closing day! And I am sending goodvibes your way also in the hopes of an offer on your home. It's always good when they come back for a second look! :goodvibes: Glad you are feeling better also.

Not much on the agenda for today. Going to be sort of lazy since the house is clean, the yard is mowed and the laundry is done. So...going to pull the scrapbook stuff out and a book I've been reading and do some on both in between relaxing. I am not going outdoors at all today in the hopes these allergies will get better. If not I am going to have to try something stronger, if there is anything. Anywho...

Take care ladies and I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Marti
09-16-2006, 03:05 PM
Hello ladies! :wave:

I have a day off w/the hubby!! How fantastic is that?? Now......to only drag him out of bed so we can spend the day together.:D

Weather here is bizarre. We had very hot, need the A/C on. weather and then the last couple days it has been pouring and hailing and just plain ugly. Then today. Feels like fall. LOVE the fall. Most favorite season. Sun is out, wind is cool and it smells fresh outside.

Ok.....I need to get my hubby up. I will chat more next time!

Hugs to all!:hug:

harkeyvalley
09-16-2006, 05:36 PM
Short Note:I guys, I can't do individuals now, too busy. My sweetie is like you Cristina, he can't breathe and his nose is on super drip!
I want to brag. I went out and bought some high dollar NewBalance walking shoes recommended by Consumer Reports. I walked from 2pm to 4pm and 5pm to 8pm, just strolling, nothing stressful. I wanted to get used to walking alot. This isn't the bragging part yet. During the 4 to 5 pm pause, my sweetie and I went out to eat. I was a very, very good girl! Now the brag part. The waitress asked us if we would like a basket of hot rolls and honey butter. I told her no thank you. (Those who know me knows I would arm wrestle for the last roll at the table). It gets better. The waitress shows up at our table and sets down a basket of steaming hot rolls and honey butter. The smell was heavenly. I reminded her that we did not want the rolls and she took them away. The fat fairy thought she had my number, but I am woman, hear me roar, no fat fairies evil tricks will keep me from my goal! You may clap now.LOL Stand if you need to.Hahahahahahaha!
Norma

Sassy_Chick
09-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Short Short note here. Thanks gals. No I won't quit. That is what I was saying. I will go and work out, probably on Monday, when I'm off. Yes I work every single weekend, unless I take off, which is the last week of September for my bday/anniversary. ;)

Hub just told me something scary. He said I started screaming "OH shoot, oh God and something else" and got out of bed and stood at the foot of the bed and he asked me if I was okay and what was wrong and I didn't answer him. Then he said I got back into bed and went to sleep! I don't remember any of it, so I must have been doing this all in my sleep! I have a history of yelling in the middle of the night while I'm asleep (never remember it), but I can only remember once where I have gotten out of bed asleep. I was still living with my parents (was a teenager) and I woke up in the middle of the night standing in front of my closet! I had no idea how I got there! Luckily I had my door to my room closed or who knows where I would have ended up!!!

My mom says I've done the screaming thing since I was very little. They never found out why. I told hub we should set up our video camera while we sleep so maybe we can figure it out.

Anyways. That is all for now. Off to work!

Have a Great Saturday! ;)

JJPhat
09-16-2006, 05:56 PM
Norma--Congratulations on your ability to stay in control!! I was told once (at a nutrition siminar) that our bodies are like a vehicle. If the vehicle wanted us to put sugar in the tank we wold tell it NO because we know that the car would never run again...or at least not without a good cleaning. Your body requests, begs, and screams for the things it WANTS. YOU are a fountain of strength!! WTG...I'm clapping!!

Jane--a little about where I'm at. I live in an industrial valley. Very shortly after most people's arrival here they have to go to the doctor because the now have allergies (even if they have never had that kind of prob. before) Some people develope asthema (my upstairs neighbor and her 5 year old got this) Our family is blessed because we got allergies the first year but non for any other year after that. There are definitely some beautiful things to look at here, even within walking distance. I DO miss America but I will say this about Europe. It is geared toward padestrians. There is not a place you CAN'T walk to because there are pathways made just for you. There are sidewalks everywhere and if they couldn't put one in they provide a beautiful senic route in a wooded area, that would be more safe. Everyone rides a bike, young, old, zombies....lol I do love that part of being here. However, it (the country) has changed drastically since the 70's. I was here in the early part of the 80's It was clean and beautiful then. But now it is dirty and the people are very mean, even if you try to be nice to them, they hate us. I just smile and say, "look kids! wave at the jerk!" ahahahaha just kidding. I do smile though.

Well, I'm sorry if I have missed anyone. I try to keep up with everyone but it's kind of difficult for me. I will say, Good Saturday to everyone I missed. Please don't take it personally, I'd forget my twin if she wasn't attached to my hip. It makes it quite hard to find a comfy chair...ahahah kidding again.

Blessings to you all

suetalks
09-17-2006, 12:40 AM
I did make it back here after all. Rather late, but better than never I've always heard. Hope you all had a great Sat. I did the dreaded housework after weeding. Then I ran errands. Bought pleated fabric blinds for the bedrooms and will see if we like them. They had roman shades which I really liked, but didn't know if we could use them. DH has since said we could, so I might switch. :)

Jane- The puzzles sound so neat. I like doing them, but haven't worked on one for quite some time. Mom loves them also, so I imagine it is something we will do alot. She even has a board to do them on that you can roll up and move the whole puzzle out of the way. I have a card table that we can use also. You are right, Fall is on the way! I envy you the wiener roast. Yummy.

Cristina- Thanks for the good vibes. I hope a second look means good things. We heard a rumor that we are getting an offer from another showing. We will see what happens next week. That is so neat that you are sending "toys" for the boys over there with Josh. Be sure to tell him and them how much we appreciate their sacrifices for us.

Marti- Hello, hello! Hope you and James had a wonderful day. Enjoy!

Norma- Gal, I sure do envy you your willpower. You kicked that fat fairy's butt for sure! You are truly an inspiration with your walking, weight loss and "just saying NO!" Makes me want to get back on track...and I did. I walked 2 miles today and feel like I got my strength back from being ill.

Sassy- That is scary! Makes you wonder what all you would have done if DH wasn't there to watch over you. My step-son actually walked to the front door and tried to go out one night...thank goodness we had a deadbolt and in his sleeping state he didn't try to un-lock it. Then DD was in high school and actually got in the shower about 3 a.m. I went and asked her what she was doing and she was glassy eyed. Said she was getting ready for school. Scared me to death. She finally woke up and was mad at ME...because I told her to go back to bed and her hair was wet. LOL. I just wrapped her head in a towel and told her to go sleep. We still laugh about that.

Tiffany- My brother spent alot of time in Germany with the Army. He always said he wanted to go back as a civilian, but didn't make it. He liked the fact that he could travel to so many places over there. Sounds like it has changed so much since the 70's though. How long are you over there for?

Nixxie- Good luck on the interview. I hope you assembled an outfit that you are comfortable and confident in.

Mary Kate- I hope like Jane said that the doctor re-considers the PT. I never understand what insurance cos. base their decisions on. Crazy. Years ago ours wouldn't pay for birth control...but you could have a baby every year and they would pay for that. Didn't make sense to me. They finally did start paying for surgical b.c., but paid very little on pills. Now that I am so far past that I don't know what they pay. :)

Robin- Sure do hope you did well on the garage sale. I hate having those...but I am going to have one here as soon as we move. Just leave things here that we want to sell and then even get rid of some furniture. (and even a car)

Okay..I think I finally caught up here..and if I forgot anyone I do apologize.
Tomorrow is Open House so I have to get up and do the last minute things. May be our last one...I pray! We will spend the afternoon at the new house.

Have a good Sunday all!

Nixxie
09-17-2006, 12:56 PM
Sassy_Chick

nope, they don't have that here in Sweden. Great idea though!!!!!!!! I wish they had it here!

Marti
09-17-2006, 10:43 PM
Good Evening ladies....

We are a bunch of busy ones today aren't we?

I didn't do as much as I had planned today. Was feeling "blah" and had no energy. So I did some cleaning and then took a nap. Now I can just see me having issues trying to get to sleep tonight!!

As I was waking from the nap....(I was on the couch) I woke up to some show that I have never seen before. When I went to check the info it just said "To be Announced" but it was these two Doctors trying to get the woman into a better eating/healthy lifestyle. It was such an eye opener by the time it was over. They had put her on a 10wk program and she lost about 25lbs. just changing what she eats and being more active. I'm hoping to learn from it and try and do some of the idea's myself.

I really liked the activity part. They say to get:

30 minutes of exercise a day.
60 minutes of "sweat" exercise a week.
30 minutes of weightlifting a week.

I'm going to try this. Not sure what I'll do but I'm going to try. They also went through her fridge and cleaned it out of all processed foods and other non-healthy foods. That'll be easy.....as I don't have much in my fridge at the moment! :lol:

I need to get out of my slump I'm in and rejouvenate myself. Get back some energy I have lost.

So my first step: Take my gym bag to work and going to the gym!:D

Well hey gals, sorry for not doing individuals tonight. I believe I'm just too far behind to try. Will try to keep up on the next chitchat thread.

You all enjoy the rest of your evening and I'll chat more tomorrow.

harkeyvalley
09-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Marti: I sure hope you get out of your "blahs". Are you getting enough sunshine? There is a syndrome, I can't remember its name, where if you don't get enough sunshine you get emotionally down. I'll see if I can find the name of it.
I liked what you said about the program and changing the way you eat. I think that's what has helped me allot with how we are eating. Exercise has been my highest hurdle. I will start with walking and work my way up. When was the last time you laughed? No joke, humor has alot to do with how we feel. Do something that makes you laugh. Couldn't hurt!

Sue:I would love to see pictures of the inside of your new house when you are all done decorating. It sounds exciting and exhausting at the same time. I sure hope you sell your house soon. It must be emotionally draining dealing with two houses. It sounds like when you walk you're able to catch your breath.

Cristina: I sure hope your allergies are better. Look on the bright side, if your nose is stuffed up, everything tastes like cardboard. Now's the time to eat the low cal stuff and not feel cheated. LOL. PM me Josh's address and I'll save you a trip to the post office and postage and filling out the declarations paperwork.

Sassy:How scarey that would be to sleep walk. I've heard of it but didn't know anyone who did it. They say hypnotism helps this problem. I hope it doesn't bother you too much. Happy Birthday/Anniversay!!!!!!

Jane: I love puzzles. We generally put up a card table every winter and keep one going all winter. I like country scenes. I have one that has quilts hanging on the line in front of an old time country house. I'm a avid sewer/quilter. I have a severe fabric addiction. I have patterns from the fifties until now. I had to put them into a spreadsheet program to keep track of them all. I have a dedicated sewing room so all my scrapbook supplies are in the dinning room. I'm what you'd call a jack of all trades, master of none.

Tiffany:Thanks for the EVOO information. I didn't know there was a health difference. I prefer it over veg. oil. I hope your back is better.

Nexxie:What's Sweden like? I lived in Augsburg, Germany for 3 years and we traveled allot through France, Austria, Italy, and Switzerland but never made it that far north. Is it similar?

I hope you all had a great weekend and are ready for the challenges of a new week and a new chance to get back on track, get your head on straight and be excited about how you are molding a new you. I finally had a dream of me being thinner! I can't even remember what it was like to be thinner but I think my dream was to help me keep going because I want it so badly.

You guys take care!
Norma

Nixxie
09-18-2006, 11:01 AM
harkeyvalley

hmm...I have only been through Germany so I am not really forsure if it is similar or not. Sweden is...interesting. It is really expensive (but not as expensive as norway), socialized government so there are a lot of rules, but they are easy and very logical. Things grind to a halt around 6pm during the week. It is hard to find a lot things that I am used to having because of their import laws. Very family oriented country. Very relaxed work environment. It is really nice once you get used to it.

Nixxie
09-18-2006, 11:03 AM
Interview went well I think. I had on my snazzy new boots:
http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/1465/2593/1600/01178e6c201114f26e.1.jpg
They are so cool. I have a black pair just like them.

anyway, she said she thinks I am perfect for the job but we will see since she wasn't who I was supposed to interview with. He was out sick:(

Cafe Ole
09-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Morning Quickie! Sorry work is crazy & the weather stinks! I will post more when I get a break. (shhhhhhh I am "working now" LOL). Happy Monday! We had a beautiful weekend and we are gonna have to pay for it all week it looks like. yucky poo!

Jane
09-18-2006, 11:42 AM
Good Monday morning, ladies,

Marti - omg, I think we saw the same show! I saw Dr. Mahmet Oz and Dr. Michael Roisen working with a woman, cleaning out her cabinets and
fridge, helping her get healthy again. He said lots of things that made an impact, but the main thing was, Would you eat junk if it was prescribed for you? NO! Then he said you have to think of food as a prescription, and eat only what will help you become/stay healthy. I very seldom take pills because of the damage they do to your liver, etc, , and so his statement made me sit up and take notice. As you know, I've been concentrating on whole foods, and that just confimed it for me. The thing is, the book with his food lifestyle was already on my shelf! It's called You - An Owner's Manual, and when I bought it, I just skimmed the diet part in the back.

Cristi - hope your allergies are better today. But with this weather, I doubt that they are. Mine are driving me crazy, and I have a cold coming on, too. Did you make any headway with the scrapbook this weekend? It's fun to do that, isn't it?

Norma - congrats on your NSV!! (non-scale victory) :cp: You go girl!! It would have been so easy to just leave the bread on the table, and I'm proud of you for having the waitress take it away. I haven't done any large quilts, but have done some wall hangings. I designed one with my MILs handkerchiefs, and placed them sticking out of small pockets on a wall hanging quilt.

Sassy - I've heard of people sleepwalking, but that's really bizzarre. Bet your DH was freaked, lol. Make sure you keep the doors locked so you don't get out. Have you ever talked to your doc about it?

Tiffany - thanks for sharing about where you live. Once you mentioned it, I remembered that there was a neat little path through a wooded area that I used to take from the bus stop to our apartment. It was safe then, but no way would I even think I going through a deserted place like that today.

Sue - how'd the open house go? The puzzle has been lots of fun. Time sure goes fast while I'm doing it. You really have to check out the Gooseberry Patch ones at Walmart. I'm thinking you and your mom would love them.

Nixxie - love the boots! Hope you get the job, toots.

Robin - hi chicka, glad you had a great weekend. You'll have to tell us all about when you pop back in.

Hello to everyone else reading this. :wave:

Well, the weiner roast was fun, but the weather was too warm for it, lol. We all had lots of fun in spite of the weather, and the kids started talking about stuff that happened while they were young. We all got to laughing and it was all good. When we were just about ready to call it a day, a storm blew up, so we gathered everything and came inside.

Today I've got laundry to do, and I know I'll be working on the puzzle, too.

What's on your agenda today?

Marti
09-18-2006, 12:18 PM
Morning ladies!!

Jane... I had to get online and look up those doctors names because I had no idea of what the shows was called. And sure enough.....there were the two doctors I was talking about!! What is the name of the show though?? I may look into that book. Anything would help me at this time!

Norma... SAD. I can't think of what it stands for, something like "Seasonal affective Disorder":dizzy: But no, I don't feel that way w/the weather change. My issues all wrap around my attitude at work. :lol: I have to learn that I am not in charge and I can't change things. :D (as much as I want to) I just take thing to heart sometimes I guess. And w/the situation at work, I wasn't involved at all! Just butted my way in I suppose. :no: (for shame I know!)

Nixxie... LOVE LOVE LOVE the boots!! Send me a pair in size 6 1/2.:D

Well I have to say, it was SUCH a beautiful day yesterday and I should have washed my car. It's pouring down rain at the moment. CRAZY I tell ya!! What to expect in the winter months. I don't mind rain, just hate driving in it sometimes.

Ok....time to take the dogs to work and find something worth while for breakfast!

Hugs to all! :hug:

Jane
09-18-2006, 04:11 PM
Marti - since Dr. Oz is also a heart surgeon, he's been featured all over the TV, and speaks of "real age" compared to chronological age. He's a huge advocate of whole foods and power foods. He's been on the Oprah show, the Discovery channel, and the Health channel, Good Morning America, the Today show, etc. I googled him, and noticed that he has written a new book, You on a Diet, and I'll pick this up next time I get to Evansville.

FrouFrou
09-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Hello ladies...

Still feeling bad, actually a little worse. If I'm not better in a couple of days I am going to the doctor to see if she can give me something, maybe a shot. Never had one but DS would get one from his doc when his allergies were really bad. We'll see...I did drag myself out of bed and get to IF to exercise...felt like crap doing it but I did it anyway. Didn't go around the full three times but rather two times but did some of the equipment three times. Also, forced myself to clean some since I slept most of the weekend. And did a couple loads of laundry. Now I am ready for bed, lol! If it weren't made I probably would go lay down but it is so...

JANE...I got as far as getting the stuff (scrapbook) layed out on the table and that was it. I am hoping to get some done on it this week for sure. I want to THANK YOU for the letter I received Saturday afternoon. I really appreciate it, means a lot. :thanks: I've not heard of those Dr.s or the show but the books sound interesting, will have to see what they are about for sure. Glad the weinee roast was fun.

MARTI...hope you are feeling better today. Your workplace sounds like V's...seems there is always something going on. And he does speak his mind when it involves him, he's a good worker so he knows they won't fire him, lol. :crossed:

NORMA...I will get that address to you, and THANKS VERY MUCH! I know the guys will appreciate the books! :thanks: AND WTG on you NSV! :bravo: I am a sucker for the bread too and know that if I told the waitress no bread and she brought it anyway I probably would have ate it! How do you like your new shoes? I have some NB walking shoes I bough a few months ago and they are the greatest! Took me forever to finally find a pair that didn't hurt my feet when I walked for long distances. And speaking of long distances....geez, woman...you did some walking! :carrot:

NIXXIE...I wish I could see the boots everyone is talking about. :( They aren't coming up for me.

TIFFANY...my son was stationed in Hawaii and he said everywhere they went they were treated poorly. He said they did not want those guys over there at all and so they are rude to them. So how long will you be in Germany?

SUE...we finally bought the honeycomb shades for our living room and masterbath and I must say I love them! I open them sometimes but most of the time I don't need to. We get the light through them but it's not too bright which I love, it's filtered and the perfect amount. The mini-blinds we had I barely had them open and it was just too bright-maybe too because they were white. Hope you like your pleaded shades and...hope you get an offer soon.

HI ROBIN...sorry for the icky weather. Hope it gets better.

SASSY...my middle brother used to sleep walk. It was pretty scary because he got out the back door once. Luckily, my mom was just coming home (she worked nights) as he was coming out. He had no clue what he was doing. That was the first and only time he did that. But he did walk through the house quite a few times mumbling stuff. Hope you had a good work out today!

Well, ladies...I hope I didn't forget anyone. Going to go look up a few things before Jeopardy time. Hoping tomorrow is a better day for me and my allergies. Take care and I hope everyone has a great day!

Sassy_Chick
09-18-2006, 08:28 PM
Hi Ya Ladies.

This will be a quickie, but I'll type more later. I was soooooooooo tired that I watched some tv this morning and went straight to bed. Then I slept way late and so didn't make it to the Y. But maybe I can do my WATP. If anything we can maybe go in the AM. ;)

Well hope you all are doing well. I'll talk more later.

Sassy_Chick
09-18-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi Ya Ladies! ;)

I'm Baaaaaaccccccckkk.

Sue -- Yeah I know. I don't even remember getting out of bed! How weird it is that people can do all of that in their sleep! I remember watching a tv show all about people who "Sleep Eat"! Can U imagine? Its not bad enough that we eat bad things when we are awake but can u imagine doing it while you sleep? This one woman couldn't lose weight because of it. But she refused to lock up any of her foods so she wouldn't eat at night. I would be afraid of choking or burning the house down! (some of them cooked while sleeping!) Anywho, Good Luck with your open house!

Nixxie -- Too bad its a wonderful program!!!!!!!

Jane -- yes it was really freaky. Esp. when hub told me about it! He said it did freak him out, but was happy that I went back to sleep! Our doors are always locked but I do want to get deadbolts on them anyways. No I haven't mentioned it to my dr. as I haven't done anything like that since I was a teenager. (that I know of anyways! lol) But I probably do need a sleep study done anyways. I just haven't gotten around to scheduling one. Glad your weiner roast was a successful one despite the weather. Its been raining here today............One of those wonderful days to just stay in your jammies and watch tv............But later I do need to do something. WATP or leg lifts or something! lol...........:lifter:

Marti -- I think I saw that show, well they had that dr. on Oprah once. I did a posting about it way back. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83537

Cristina -- Sorry to hear your under the weather. I hope you feel better! :hug: Good Job getting in your exercise and your cleaning regardless of how you felt! You need to rub some of that off on me! ;) How scary about your brother walking outside! Luckily your mom came just in time! :)

Well I guess I'm caught up now. I need to get myself "back on track" here lately I haven't been that good. :( I know I can get back on, I just need to do it! :carrot:

Have a Wonderful Night!

suetalks
09-18-2006, 11:47 PM
Good rainy, chilly evening chickies. Sounds like I am not the only one having the "blahs." Let's hope it doesn't last long! I could blame it on the weather, but mine started when it was much sunnier. I actually think I am just now feeling all the stress that I should have felt all summer. I sure let everything make me mad the last few days. Now I have to TRY real hard to smile and move on.
Had a real good Open House yesterday and will see the realtor tomorrow about an offer. Let's hope it is worth accepting. AND we close on the new house tomorrow. Wed. will have me getting the cabinets and closets ready for loading...and moving things little by little. One good thing about not having to be out of here real quick...we can pack boxes and move things as we go. Unpack and keep the mess of moving to a minimum. WooHoo we are really going to be in the new house SOON.

I have to get back to exercise...hopefully this week. Hope you all have a good week. I'm gonna be real busy!

harkeyvalley
09-19-2006, 12:31 AM
Jane:Thank you for the terrific call. You really made my day. If I was motivated before, your call doubled it. You sound like such a great lady. I can't wait to see your scrapbook page so that I can see your lovely face.

Cristina:Since you are such a Jeopardy fan, I have a response for you. Running nose, achey body, sore throat are common symptoms. "What is the flu"? Could you have the flu? Sometimes it's hard to tell. Do you have a low grade fever? Maybe you should rest and recover before you work out any more. Let you poor body mend.

Marti:I've been looking into aromatherapy. When I get stressed I raid the kitchen cabinets. I've been surfing the net and found out that lavendar oil reduces anxiety and improves sleep. Jasmine oil eases depression; lemon, orange and other citrus oils prove mood and increases mental alertness; and rosemary oil for pain relief and muscle relaxation. I am going to try some of these oils or candles to see if my body responds to them. Maybe something like this will at least help you to detox after work.

Nixxie:My fingers are crossed for you and the new job.

Sue:Here's hoping you hear good news on the house bid tomorrow. Good luck on the closing and the moving.

Sassy:I'm rooting for you and getting back on track! Also, thank you for the link. I've keep hearing about that program and I wanted to see what it was all about.

Robin:I hope to hear from you soon. I would like to know you better.

Tiffany:Thanks so much for the heads up call. I love you for it! I hope you new lifestyle change is having the results you want. At least being an Army wife you hear the right montra: "Move it, move it, move it"!LOL

We had a stormy weekend so I didn't get any walking in. Just as well, my back was killing me. I have a tough time standing for long periods of time. Walking doesn't help. I love my new shoes, I just hate to get them dirty on these dusty roads. They won't help me if I keep them in the closet either!LOL.
You guys have a super week!
Norma

harkeyvalley
09-19-2006, 12:46 AM
Jane:Bless your little pea pickin' heart. I did just like you said and I only printed what I wanted and not a whole bunch of pages! Thank You!

Jane
09-19-2006, 01:39 AM
Hold it! Hop on over to Weight Loss and Chit Chat #213, please. See you there.