Support Groups - Home of the Famous Loozing Floozies! #91

gdeann
09-13-2006, 12:24 AM
WELCOME to Floozie Land!
This is a great group of ladies all with a common goal in mind...
to make healthy food choices, add exercise to the daily routine and to lose or maintain their weight.
Feel free to stop in, check us out and hopefully stay awhile!

Lets ROCK & ROLL! :carrot:

gdeann
09-13-2006, 12:38 AM
I'm helping Cheryl out while she takes a break. I hope she scurries back soon!
Thought it would be fun to add a poll into Suzy's daily motivations.

Weight became an issue for me in my late teens and then seriously my early 20's. Now, looking back, I was a healthy young adult who was average built, but thought I was fat. I NEVER had a weight problem until I started dieting and focusing on food. The past 10 years (I'm 43) has been a vicious cycle of up & down scales, writing down every morsel going in my mouth one week then binging the next week. I am sure food controls me instead of me controlling the food and what I allow into my body.

2frustrated
09-13-2006, 05:44 AM
I was always heavy as a child - but generally just bigger than everyone else. I was tallest in the class and heaviest! I'm not sure if I was actually VERY overweight, or was it just that I got called fat, or that my mother was projecting her diet onto me? :dunno: Anyway, when I was a teen I was SERIOUSLY overweight! And then I hit my 20s and started (actually I think it was before that, maybe 18) eating healthy and working out etc etc.

Anyways I'm a BLUE belt now :dancer: I have the sheet to look at, so I know what I'm training to do for Brown, then I will be Black! Yeah baby! :dancer:

I also cycled 15 miles to work this morning!!! :faint: How's that for Workout Wednesday? I'm sure I'll be drinking plenty of WATER too, since I must've lost about 10 pints! :lol:

I got to hold very small baby George last night. WOW! He's amazing! He was asleep and all little, and like a little doll. Then when he moved it was all wierd - kinda not expecting him to move since he looked like a doll! :rofl: Sorry - never been around babies much! I'm all wide-eyed! :eek: I want one now! :bb: AFTER the wedding though - MUST fit into that dress! :rofl:

ShelleyM
09-13-2006, 06:59 AM
Cheryl-Please don't stay away too long. You are nothing like you described yourself. You are outstanding in everything you do, just as Gayle said.

I have always had weight issues for as long as I can remember. I was taking diet pills in elementary school. I remember losing 10 lbs in a week. Now that I look back, I wasn't heavy at all. I'm not sure how I ended up with worrying about my weight always, but I know my mom was the same way.

Deelite
09-13-2006, 10:55 AM
Cheryl if you are reading this I want you to know that I miss you and am praying for you.

Gayle thanks for starting the new thread. I loved it when Sherry would do survey's. There cool and so are you.

Suzy I will go to the gym this afternoon and in a few minutes I am heading out for a walk.

2frust I love holding little babies but when they cry I hand them back. I am a toddler person.

Shelley how is the foot holding out. I can't believe that you took diet pills in elementary! That's bad.

Have a good day everyone. And I think I am down 1-1 1/2 pounds. Thanks to Suzy's motivation.

alinnell
09-13-2006, 12:48 PM
I was always the tallest one in my class and never really fat, but slightly pudgy through elementary school and junior high. I had friends that were shorter and weighed less than me and they were fat. I remember in 5th grade, we did some sort of pentathalon at school and one of the things we had to do was get weighed. My friend, who was ALWAYS teased about being fat, weighed less than me. No one ever teased me. I really felt bad for her then, but didn't know how to handle it because I WEIGHED MORE!

In junior high, my Mom would always mention things to me like, "only skinny girls can wear something like that" as I picked out clothes to buy. So I guess it was then that I realized I needed to lose weight (probably no more than 15 pounds, though). I couldn't get motivated, though--just did all those stupid "diets" that restricted way too much and I couldn't wait to get off of the "diet."

In high school, all my regular activities kept me at an okay weight--probably still needed to lose 15 pounds, but I still wasn't fat.

In college, I gained the freshman 15 (but not until I was a junior!!). I was pretty fat then--and I don't remember my weight, but the photos I have from then do show a lot of extra weight in my face. I lost it, but don't remember how (I'm 43 now and that was AGES ago!!!).

When I got married at 25, I remember weighing 165 and dieting down to 155 for the wedding. Then I was right back up to 165 where I stayed for quite a while. I remember deciding to lose weight again and decided to do it in a healthy manner with plenty of exercise (something that I had not done before). I had a new puppy that needed walking and we had a great park near our home. I made extensive body measurements and was all set to go. Then I found out I was pregnant. And we had just put our house on the market to sell and move to California. Talk about stress!!!!

It wasn't until I became pregnant the 2nd time that I found that piece of paper with all my measurements on it and I realized that I wasn't happy with my weight/body 4 years earlier, so I must still not be happy with it (I weighed the same). So I made a goal--as soon as baby #2 was weaned, I'll lose the weight. And I did. I went from about 172 post pregnancy weight down to 128. I was happy--size 8 (sometimes 6) and I was confident. I kept the weight off for about 5 years, and then it started creeping back on. Stress at work was the main culprit, but my rationalizing sure did contribute!

I decided last year to quit my stressful job of 14 years and take some time to be a Mom. I wanted to walk the dogs and lose some weight. I quit in August 2005 and did walk, but didn't watch my food. By Christmas, I had gained 8 pounds. I was supposed to start my new job in January and I felt terrible about myself.

Turns out I couldn't start the new job until April and I felt I had been given a reprieve. I stepped up the walking to 4+ miles/5 days a week. I watched what I ate and cut down on wine. Soon 15 pounds were gone and I was excited! I plateaued and then found 3FC's. I got over the plateau and here I am, down 30 pounds with only 8 to go until goal. I haven't been the best over the summer, but I'm determined to succeed!!!!

1oldbutterball
09-13-2006, 02:03 PM
God Morning All,

Cheryl - I hope all is well with you and that you are not gone long. I will pray that your self worth continues to grow and that you will return to us soon. Take care of yourself.

Gayle - Thanls for stepping up to the plate and keeping us going, you are doing a FINE JOB !!!!!

2frustrated - Babies are so lovable at that age, I can't wait til this new grandchild makes up it's mind to join the world outside it's mom.

Shelley - How's the foot ? I hope it is healing well. You didn't say much about your stomach problem so I hope it too is doing better.

Dee - CONGRADULATIONS !!!!!! wow 1 1/2 lbs. GREAT JOB !!!!! You GO GIRL !!!

Allison - I can relate to the height thing, my best friend wasn't even 5' tall and I can remember my mom always calling us MUTT and JEFF!!!!!

Weight has been an issue for me from the day I was born. I was the biggest baby born at Mt Carmel Hospital for over 20 yrs. I came into this world at the whopping weight of 14lbs 10 oz and had long black hair and a tooth. I was almost 3 wks late, ( not unlike my newest grandchild to be) . My mom always told people I came out ready for school. I was pretty heavy til 5 th grade, when I had to have kidney surgury and was pretty sick. I remember going back to school and my mom had to get me all new uniforms.
By the time I entered junior high I was back up to over 100lbs, and it just kept coming. I remember when I graduated, in 1963, before alot of you were even born, I was 167 lbs. I went away to college, but stayed at that weight most of the first 3 yrs. Senior year I was married and was soon pregnant. It was a very hard time and I was sick all the time. I lost as much weight as most women gain, and when my 1st daughter was born I was down to 127 the day I left the hospital. 4 babies in the next 5 yrs and I was right back up to 170. I did well til 4 yrs later when I had my 5th baby and I have been gaining and loosing ever since. About 3 yrs ago I went to WW and got down to 158 and then quit after the holiday's and 10 more pounds. I made up my mind that this time I will never eat unhealthy again. I am addicted to PEPSIE. I have not had any soda since July 18th and I really am doing okay without it.

Well that was too long sorry. I went off program yesterday...BIG TIME, but I am back today. Have a good day all.

Monica

Deelite
09-13-2006, 03:10 PM
Monica I was so excited to see that you posted. I was hoping to hear the news that you had a new addition to your family. Oh gee we still have to wait. I am anxiously waiting for your news.

vouge09
09-13-2006, 04:13 PM
for me probabbly since around 5-6th grade, you knew preteen stage? But I never seriously have been motivated like I am now , nowI am so much more adult and know for a fact this was a right choce and I am so motivated to change my life.

MY motive right now is that I am sick of my hair. I have long redish brown hair , I want a cute bob cut much like what jessica simpson has right now. Thing is I hate when i see really short hair on fat pepole. No offense to anyone but it to me it looks dispporpotionate and awkward. So when i lose the weight I can cut my hair. Gives me a long time to really think about it , and motivation.

Deelite
09-13-2006, 05:14 PM
Gayle I am coping this from another post I made;

I am looking at taking a class from Bob Ross. Have you done before the snowfall or oval essace (it is an ocean landscape). If you have which one did you like better and why?

gdeann
09-13-2006, 07:01 PM
Thanks Dee for reposting! I actually did remember it today on the way from work and was going to post to you. Since you love water so much, I would suggest the ocean scape. You will love doing an oval on canvas, it is so fun and you will be amazed when you pull the backing off! I wish I could join you for classes! YOU WILL HAVE A BLAST! Is it a one day class?
Congrats on the loss!

Not enough time to post to everyone! I will be back later!

BTW: I think it is kinda cool how we are all sharing our weight stories!

Lil' miss Shelley, I agree with Dee, where the heck did you come up with diet pills in grade school?

SuzyMc
09-13-2006, 09:02 PM
I've put on weight slowly over the years since I had my kids, but things really got out of control when my youngest was graduating and about to join the Marine Corps. It was one of the lowest points in my life and I was at my all time highest weight (can you tell I'm a stress eater?).

Speaking of stress eating...this week is proving to be a really difficult one. The press is reporting that the Al Anbar province in Iraq is most likely a lost cause and guess where Travis is going te be spending the next 6 months...just as deep into the Al Anbar province as you can get. Somebody please pass me a box of tissues and a gallon of death by chocolate. :(

Lynneye
09-13-2006, 09:15 PM
Oh Suzy, know Travis is always in my prayers as you are. Can we wrap him in bubble wrap? I am hear for you always!

I started gaining weight in high school. I was active, but my parents were divorcing and it was hard on me. I am also a stress eater. Instead of dealing with my parents divorce, I sat in my room, ate and listened to music, so I couldn't hear what was going on. When I went to college, I continued my bad eating habits and when I was on my own....well, I hate to cook! I would never cook for myself, so I would stop at McDonald's or where on the way home from work, so I didn't have to cook.

ShelleyM
09-14-2006, 06:50 AM
Suzy-I am praying that Travis will stay safe.

Gayle and Dee-Would you believe my mom gave me the diet pills? She got them from her step-father, who was a pharmacist up north. Sick, huh??

Monica-I didn't realize you had so many kids. Kudos to you for not having Pepsi for 2 mos.!

It's been quite motivating to read all the weight stories. Thank you Gayle for starting us off!

As for the foot, it is still bad. I am still not running, except for the little bit I did a couple of weeks ago. The stomach is still bad. Getting old stinks!!

SuzyMc
09-14-2006, 10:25 AM
Sorry Floozies...I was having a bit of a pity party last night and forgot to post today's goal!

:carrot: Happy "Think First Thursday"!:carrot:

The goal today is to think first before you eat. Ask yourself those all important questions...Am I really hungry? Is there a better choice that I could be making? Is this the proper portion size? See if it makes a difference in what and how much you eat today.

gdeann
09-14-2006, 10:57 AM
Happy THINK FIRST THURSDAY girls!

Great title Suzy! My prayers are with you Suzy as you go through this difficult time. Travis is way too young to go off and experience war first hand. It's sad they have to go, but thank goodness we have people like Travis willing to fight and protect our country. God bless him and his family, I will be saying extra prayers of protection for him.
Now drop the tissues and the gallon of death by chocolate! I think I know you well enough to get an insight into your son and he would want you to not be moping around but to stand up, dust yourself off and get right back on the wagon again. {HUGS}

Shelley, were you overweight as a child or did your mom let you take them as a preventative? I worry sometimes about how my relationship to food/dieting has effected my kids. Allison is very aware of food labels and healthy food vs junk food. I hope it is a good thing, but then I worry I am making her paranoid. I'm not sure if it is a good thing when my 7 year old refuses a treat because it has too much sugar/carbs in it.

SuzyMc
09-14-2006, 11:33 AM
Thank you Gayle (and everyone else too). :hug: You are absolutely right...Travis is always the first one to kick my in the bum and tell me to snap out of it. I talked to him last night and I got the "Mom, don't watch the news because they don't tell the WHOLE story" speech again, so I do feel a bit better today.

gdeann
09-14-2006, 01:37 PM
I feel like such a fool! I'm not even going to tell you how I did it, but I accidentally sliced my ear lobe open today! I instantly raised my hand to my ear and pulled back blood everywhere. I called the doc about infection and am to watch it for awhile. I could of used stitches, but cosmetically all the damage shows on the underside of the lobe so I vetoed that one out. (saved me probably $300.00) For awhile, it looked just like someone pulled the lobe out and sliced into it with scissors...gross huh? Well, I was planning to mow today, but now to go lay back on the couch. Feeling kinda nauseous and the Tylenol is kicking in. Just wanted to share my fun day with you! LOL!

Deelite
09-14-2006, 03:24 PM
Thanks for sharing your life struggles with food and weight issues.

Suzy with all your friends and family prayers Travis will have angels guiding him.
Stop now put down that cookie!
I love your daily challenges. They have really motivated me and helped me lose the couple of pounds that I had put on. Thanks. Now let your daily motivations, motivate YOU!

Gayle oh that must have hurt………….so if it looks like someone took the scissors and sliced into it is that what you did? Can’t keep a secret here, fess up what did you do?
Rest up and make sure that you don’t do so much so it doesn’t start bleeding again. Thanks for your reply. Now to see if they still have openings. It is a one day course.

Shelley I can’t believe that your mom gave them to you. That’s not good.
Hey getting old is better than the alternative!

Cheryl sweetie how are you doing? I miss you.

I went for an hour walk this morning and I am headed out to the dollar store. It will be another 50 minute walk.

vouge09
09-14-2006, 04:27 PM
I have been walking home from school everydaya nd its like 40 minutes , and I live in a town called spring hill so yeah theres hills, everywhere

vouge09
09-14-2006, 04:39 PM
Today in class I won some kind of contest and I was awarded 2 mini snickers. I didnt want to look werid and not accept it so I did , then I just put in my bag. Not that I didnt serisouly think about eating it but then I though of my anti-brownie and I gave one to my friend and one to this guy I kinda like , he was like really? cool thanks! and smile haha good move amy!

SuzyMc
09-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Gayle ~ Ouch! I hope you're feeling better by now, but I have to ask how you did it...sounds like it will be a good story. ;)

Dee ~ Why is it that we have such a hard time taking our own advice? :lol:

vouge ~ That is some awesome willpower! I don't think I could give away chocolate...good for you!

Hmmm...how about Floozie Fitness Friday for tomorrow? Get out and do something tomorrow! Walk, jog, ride a bike, follow an exercise DVD or even take a belly dance class...just get out and move for at least 30 minutes!

gdeann
09-15-2006, 12:05 AM
Did great with think first Thursday! I stayed OP all day, made sure I watched portion size etc. Priming up for Fitness Friday!

Vouge, great choice with the mini bars! Sounds like your also getting your exercise in with the walk to school.

Suzy, I like your new pic! Not as cute as you though, but it is very cheerful.

Dee, were you able to get signed up for the class?

Okay, about the ear...I am such a klutz! I was under our desk working on the computer. I raised up and was getting off my knees from the floor and was going to stand. Instead of just getting up or grabbing the desk, I reached over and put my weight on the office chair. It is on rollers, and since I grabbed one side, it toppled over on its side with my full weight against it. I came smashing down onto the section of the desk that holds the keyboard (trimmed in metal). See, I told you it was silly and you would never guess how I did it! I should of had a stitch or two, but chose not to. Steve is taking care of it for me since most of the damage is to the back of the ear. He is quite the doctor, very considerate to this little chicken.

2frustrated
09-15-2006, 05:39 AM
Woah! That is some wierd accident ;)

I missed Think first Thursday for some reason! Great title though! Today is my scheduled rest day, so I might have think first Friday - tomorrow I will be getting PLENTY of fitness in! I have a 9.5 miles run, 1 hour kickboxing teaching and then a run-through of my brown belt. :faint: Should be... interesting! :lol:

ShelleyM
09-15-2006, 06:33 AM
Gayle! Poor baby, OUCH!! I hope it's better today.

Vogue-Good for you, staying on track!

2Frustrated-I missed Thursday also, but I did think before I ate anyway!

Suzy-I won't be able to exercise today, since I work all day into the early evening, but I am signed up to get a pedometer at school to measure how many steps I take everyday (it's not many, since I sit at a desk.)

alinnell
09-15-2006, 10:14 AM
I changed my ticker/profile. I'm so excited, down to 141.5 this morning!!! I guess giving up wine for September is working!!

gdeann
09-15-2006, 10:32 AM
GREAT JOB ALLISON! You are so close to goal!

alinnell
09-15-2006, 12:02 PM
Thanks :thanks: , Gayle--I hope your ear heals quickly. It was quite the visual!! I'm sure it is painful, but I got a chuckle out of the story. Kind of reminds me of the time a friend dropped her curling iron one morning--onto her open eye. She ended up in Emergency and was in quite a lot of pain for several days--but her story (albeit painful) was one of the funniest things I've heard. Why is that? Perhaps some of us are blessed with a gift for story telling.

The weather here has cooled down, so I'm looking forward to walking tomorrow morning (before it heats back up). Maybe I'll drop another half pound by Sunday.

Deelite
09-15-2006, 03:28 PM
Gayle thanks for sharing that painful story. I hope that you recover with a lot of tender loving care. You might as well milk it for all it's worth, you deserve a little extra pampering from Steve.

Allison great job on dropping those pounds. Did you find Suzy's daily motivations helpful? I know that it got me going again.

vouge how long have you been walking back and forth to school? That's a good distance. Way to go on giving the chocolate away. I am not sure if I would have.

Shelley you might be surprised at how many miles you put on in a day. Even if you don't do much today I am sure that you will make up it on the weekend.

This morning I had a designer down from Costco. We were looking to order shades for the garden room. We ordered a roller screen in stone the same color as the table and the sofa for the garden room.
She loved the house. She said everything worked really well. She did give me some ideas on how to hang the valance in the living room and to change the flowers to hydrangeas.
I have already changed the valance and it made a big difference. I was never happy with the way it looked. Free advice is awesome.

I have been seriously talking to Larry about taking time off. It has been a slow process but I think that he might do it. I feel that his attitude at work has gone down and that is not a good thing for a senior person. I am sure that his coworkers have noticed. His memory has been affected and his patience. His face shows so much stress when he gets home. I can't believe how much he ages in a day. I am worried about him. I told him last night that I don't know how I would deal with the guilt if something were to happen to him. I feel that I haven't pushed the issue enough. Now to wait and see when and if he will really do it.

vouge09
09-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Way to go allinell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frustrated , I really wish i had your will power when It comes to fitness, I want to so bad so I start out biking or jogging and a give in after 10 minutes. I feel like such a fat a$$ when I do that LOL.
And you do 9.5 miles 1 hour kickboxing and brown belt training!!! Claps fo you!!!How long did it take you to get to that point and how?( On the fitness part not necesarlly the brown belt as I know that takes some time. )

I walk home from school that way I look pretty for school and not sweaty and gross. I live in FL and it get HOTT!!! Last november it was 105 Degrees!!!!!!

If I go to walmart tomorw I am getting myself a scale ! I dont have one and I wonder if I can move my ticker!!!

Thanks to GGdean , SuzyMC , Dee light ( I feel like im making an oscar speech ) And shelly M and if I fogot anyone I want to thank them , too and the academy of motion pictures haha.

Gayle Can I call you Vangough?

alinnell
09-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Allison great job on dropping those pounds. Did you find Suzy's daily motivations helpful? I know that it got me going again.

It's hard to decide what motivates me. I think it's something I've just put in my head. But I know all these boards definately give me strength and support!

vouge09
09-15-2006, 03:57 PM
I ahve to say without this board i may have given up a while ago AGAIN! I just wanna say thank you. Its great to know pepole expreince or have experienced what i feeel

Lynneye
09-15-2006, 04:28 PM
I had my first belly dance class today and the hour flew by! I was very sweaty after, but it felt wonderful! I will probably be sore tomorrow, but I can't wait till next Friday!

I have been reading all the posts and so forth, but so busy with the start of school, haven't been posting much. Soon I will be in the swing of things and have my routine down.

gdeann
09-16-2006, 01:50 AM
Debi, the belly dancing class sounds great. Happy to hear you had fun!

Vouge, I'm glad you feel at home here. Do you have others in your family that are watching their weight too?

I ended up having a successful Fitness Friday. Wonder what Saturday will be???

I never told you guys how my week went did I?? Monday, I'm curling my hair, the phone next to me rings, I jump, iron lands on my neck. Now I look like I have a major hickey.
Tuesday, I go to work, am restocking 1/2 pints/pints, pull a box out with dividers and down in one of the dividers is a huge, hairy tarantula like spider. It looked like one of those nasty Halloween, rubbery things...I have a terrifying fear of spiders, so lets just say it was not pleasant and I don't ever, ever want to experience that again. Then on Thursday, I gashed my ear...so I am ready for the week to be over! LOL!
On a good note, the boss sympathized and we will be having the store sprayed this coming week. My ear is very sore to the touch, but it is closing up pretty good. And my "hickey" is getting lighter!! LOL!

Lynneye
09-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Gayle, what a week for you!!! If I saw that spider, you would have heard my scream all the way from here to your place!! I hate spiders! Hope your ear and "hickey" are feeling better! And hope this coming week is better for you!!

Vouge, Glad to have you here! Do you have anyone in your family or circle of friends, who are also fighting with their weight?

With my belly dancing class yesterday, I have lost 2 and 1/2 pounds by my scale today!! Going to go do a video here soon. That was really motivating!

What is everyone up to this weekend? We might go to the corn maze on Sunday, depends on weather! That is always a fun day!

gdeann
09-16-2006, 11:58 AM
Debi, we have a gentlman building a corn maze just a few blocks from us. He is due to open it sometime this month. As I drive by, I try looking to see how he is coming along with things, but kinda hard to tell. It should be fun when he gets it up and running. I'm thinking he will then do something for Halloween. Yep! I'm with you! I can't even stand to see a pic of one or glance at the TV when one is on...I turn away! I can't believe I had to deal with it. BLAAAH!

alinnell
09-16-2006, 12:05 PM
Gayle, I always say bad things happen in threes, so you've had your three and you should be safe now!!!

Wow, I never know belly dancing would be that much of a workout! Congratulations on your loss!!!! :cp:

I'm down another 1/2 pound since yesterday, that puts me at 2 pounds for September, with 2 to go. I can do it!!!!

I was going to go for a walk this morning but lost all motivation. I am going clothes shopping later (by myself, so I won't be slowed down by anyone--I usually speed shop, so I should get at least some exercise in this way!). I have a meeting in two weeks and a wedding next week and "nothing to wear"! LOL I guess I ought to figure out the dress code for the wedding before I buy anything. The couple and family are "bikers" and the wedding is at a casino in Laughlin, NV, so I'm thinking it will be casual, but who knows.

Tomorrow I'll walk with DH. This weekend, I will stay on plan (albeit without spinach!!!). Perhaps I'll be down another 1/2 pound by Monday?!?!?

gdeann
09-16-2006, 03:01 PM
Allison, maybe leathers and poker chips would be appropriate attire? LOL! Good luck shopping!

DEBI & ALLISON: CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! AWESOME JOB!

vouge09
09-16-2006, 06:23 PM
Yay for deb and alli!

Uh well my family is all overweight , but no one but me is really tring to lose, my sister after shes preg when the doctor says its healthy she is going to lose it all and then some, my mom wants to get in shape but she has no want to he gisel or tyra.

My dad no..

my brother wants to but hasnt committed so

No im on my own basically and its ok ... I dont want to be this my whole life, I dont want to end up like my parents so I am making a change now... an I have a possible boyfriend in my life at the momment so I am really happy.

Hes going to be my homecoming date sorta , we aren BF+GF yet but we are kinda dating...

I also think Ive lost at least 10 lbs, dont have a scale but my legs are smaller my stomache is getting smalller, my shoulders more prominet, i thought I was crazy cause I see myself everyday and I want to be that but my mom said she had noticed today and when i visit my Best Friend possibly next weekend I am going to wait and see if she comments me cause she doesnt know I am dieting. I only see her about 1 nce a month so if theres a change she will notice.

AlliNell- My sisters wedding is next week , and the guy im talking about may stop by for food and dancing, I hope .....:-). I know I shouldnt but I think i am just going to eat normally that day , and I have to have cake as I am maid of honor, I will work it all off dacning all night anyways! I wont pig out but I wont " Be on a diet" for a day. Ill dance all night and work it off the next day

ShelleyM
09-16-2006, 07:37 PM
Vogue-Where do you live in Fl? I'm in Ft Myers.

Alli-Yay for the weight loos!

Gayle-Wow, what a week! I'm so sorry that you had a tough week.

Dee-Maybe Larry does need a break. I hope he decides to take one for awhile.

vouge09
09-16-2006, 09:50 PM
about an hour from tampa

alinnell
09-16-2006, 10:01 PM
Shopping was an NSV!!! I thought I'd gone from a 12 to an 8, I've been wearing 10's but have taken in the waists--so I thought it was an 8. I went to Talbots and the 8's were huge around the waist! I tried on a 6 and it fit like it was made for me!!! Even when I was 128 pounds, 6's didn't fit me. Anyway, they didn't have these dress jeans in my size, so they had to have them sent to me. I hate not being able to try them on first, but I can always return them. I swear, the waist on the 8's was almost 2" too big, but the rest fit decent. I don't like buying and then having to alter, so let's hope those 6's turn out to be a good fit like the other pants I tried but didn't buy!

ShelleyM
09-17-2006, 08:35 AM
Alli-Good for you!

Vogue-My DD goes to USF in Tampa. We are 2 hrs south of Tampa.

I am not feeling too well today, but I'm going out for my bike ride. I have a cold on top of my stomach problems. Have to get my ride in though!

vouge09
09-17-2006, 09:37 AM
Thast good, Me and a guy I like chris are going to meet for some tennis today which is going to be so much fun. I love tennis, even if I suck I could play for hours.

SuzyMc
09-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Good morning Floozies! :wave:

I'm sorry I haven't been around, but things have been a little hectic here this weekend. Yesterday started off with the kids quilting class that I help with, then I spent the rest of the afternoon cutting grass for Tim's aunt. Last night Tim and I went out to dinner and did some shopping at the mall. This morning I'm going to cut our grass and, this afternoon we have a picnic to go to, then this evening we have to deliver birthday presents to our granddaughter...she's 6 going on 16 today! ;)

I had a little "break down" Friday night. Travis got his deployment date...he leaves this Friday for Iraq. I guess in the back of my mind somewhere I had been holding out a tiny bit of hope that something would happen and he wouldn't have to go back and then when he told us the date had been set it made it "real". I am feeling better now. A good cry does help sometimes, but keeping busy is what does me the most good, so I'm going to keep myself as busy as possible the next couple of weeks.

Sounds like most everyone has been doing really well this week! Keep it up!

Galyle ~ I'm glad to hear that you're on the mend...I hope your bad luck is over for awhile!

Shelley ~ You poor thing! You must be so tired of not feeling well! I hope you're feeling better soon!

ShelleyM
09-17-2006, 01:01 PM
Suzy-You can come and cut my grass anytime you feel sad! I can't even compare Becky leaving this morning going back to school only 2 hrs away from me. I was sad about that, I can't imagine going to Iraq. My prayers are with you and yours, as always.

SuzyMc
09-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Shelley ~ That's how I try to look at it when I start feeling sorry for myself...there is always someone is worse off than me. I'm actually very fortunate. My son is happy, healthy and will be coming home in 6 or 7 months. Our next door neighbor lost her 18 year old son 6 years ago...that's a pain that I can't imagine and one that I hope and pray none of us ever have to experience.

gdeann
09-17-2006, 02:33 PM
SMOOCHIES TO SUZIE TODAY! :hug:
I will be praying for protection to surround Travis while he is away.

Shelley, are you feeling better? Take care of yourself young lady!

Allison, I bet you were jumping for joy in the dressing room! GREAT JOB!

I'll be back later to start a new thread, so go ahead and keep posting here until I get back.

BLESSINGS today to everyone!

gdeann
09-17-2006, 02:34 PM
ooooooppps! Didn't mean to post everything in large print! You sure you guys want me starting the new thread?? LOL!

Deelite
09-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Did that fall affect your EARS OR YOUR EYES GAYLE?????

Suzy Prayers are being sent out to you and Travis. I am the same way, when I feel my situation is bad here I look at someone elses situation and am thankful for my blessings.

It has been a rainny weekend. We sure needed the rain but I don't like dreary. days.
It has been the second hottest summer on record. I just loved it. We are still enjoying the pool house. I know the days are numbered so I appreciate it even more.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend.

Since Miss Suzy was sloughing off on her job yesterday I had pumpkin pie.
Actually I was down on my points and I had plenty left over to count it.

gdeann
09-18-2006, 12:46 AM
STOP!

a new thread has been started!