Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:21 AM   #1  

Default Thin4Life - September 11/06

Hi everyone. How was the weekend?

Mine was relatively uneventful. Went for a long run on Saturday morning. Was scheduled to do 15 but stopped just short of 12 because my right knee was bothering me. Too much too fast, probably. I was smart this time and didn't push it. It seems fine now, so if I get out three times this week, I should be good for 15 km this coming weekend.

Went to a BBQ with friends on the South Shore Saturday afternoon and returned home early evening - kinda tired. Sunday was taken up with chores and trying to get my c.v. up-to-date. I need to find a new job cause this one just isn't working out for me.

Weight hovering around 150. I am toying seriously with going back to WW meetings on a weekly basis to get rid of the last 10 lbs. I know that that is what it will take, and I just might be in the right frame of mind to do it.

No further word from my ex. Guess he's busy "dating". I, on the other hand, have a "date" with my counsellor tomorrow. Sigh - wish I could move on but it doesn't appear to be in the cards for me just yet.

Susan
Old 09-11-2006, 01:33 PM   #2  
si, si signora

Hi Susan -

Hugs to you. I'm sorry about M. He is probably just as hurt as you, but he's probably being bombarded by friends trying to get him to go out.

Stick with the counseler for now and you'll get stronger.

I went to my meeting and weighed in. Still the same (20 lbs over goal) and still cranky about it.

I'm also having some relationship bumps as well. That is not helping my eating at all.

We're off for 10 days of togetherness in the car, give me strength.

How was everyone else's weekend?

lala
Old 09-11-2006, 04:04 PM   #3  

Height: 6'0"

I did a lot of chores over the weekend as DH was working. Watched the shuttle in the sky. Watched football. Went to play rehearsal. It's coming along. Rehearsals are picking up now as we open on 29 September.

Susan, yes, double hugs to you. As lala said last week, just take your time. You'll know when you are ready for another relationship. I, too, got a lot done around the house over the weekend. It's tough looking for a job. Good luck.

Going back to WW may be just what you need to get rid of those last 10--woohoo, wouldn't that be great? Also, woo-hoo to you for running a 15K. I can only dream of that.

lala, sorry about the weight. You know what to do. Our emotions make us do goofy things, too. Will you be taking Ernesto with you in the car? How long a trip is that?

Hi to Melissa, Pam (may be on vacation), Austingal, Liz
Old 09-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! My weekend went pretty well--finally found a pair of basic black shoes...it's taken me a while to find them but I've got them now I did not have a good "eating" weekend--yesterday was a little better and today seems more in line with what I need to do. I'm trying to make sure that I get a more protein because I think that's where my problem has been the past few weeks. We'll see if that helps or not.

Tonight I'm working at the WW center for 2 meetings so I won't get home until about 8:30 pm. I had a cup of hot cocoa (made it with milk) and I'm debating on what I want for a snack to hold me over until I get to eat dinner later this evening.

Susan: Don't be so hard on yourself, when you're ready to move forward you will, it's going to take some time and you really can't put a "time limit" on when you'll be ready, etc. Just take it day-by-day. I know that the meetings help me stay focused and I think that's been a big help to me these past weeks.

Lala: One consolation is that you're not gaining, but I understand your frustration about not losing. I'm hoping with the turn of the weather I'll be more focused and will be able to get rid of these 7# that have crept on my body. I just feel so much better when I'm in the 130's and my clothes fit better too. It's not that much that I want to lose it's just a matter of putting my mind to it and watching out for that darn mindless snacking! 10 days of togetherness...hmmm, I don't know that I'd do all that well with that one DH is flying out with me to Chicago this weekend so it should be fun.

The temps are cool here ladies, only in the 60's, it feels more like a fall day rather than the end of summer. I'm not complaining though because this is my time of year! Have a great evening!
Old 09-12-2006, 01:16 AM   #5  
si, si signora

Ernesto left yesterday with his breeder for two weeks in the desert. He is happily playing with his sister and chasing sheep. I miss him, sort of.

lala
Old 09-12-2006, 07:42 AM   #6  

Thanks everyone for the hugs. They help. I know it takes time, but I get so tired of feeling down... I need to plan more activities so that I don't have as much time to think.

lala: Where are you heading? A road trip can be difficult at the best of times, so hang in there and don't forget to pack your sense of humour. Don't be so hard on yourself about the extra pounds. Look for the "click". (and let me know where you find it)

Melissa: I love this time of year too. Bright sunny days and cool nights.

Lisa: What play are you doing? Don't know if I mentioned that I saw Pirates of Penzance at the Sydney Opera House. It was amazing. And the building is beautiful on the inside too!

Susan
Old 09-12-2006, 02:07 PM   #7  
si, si signora

Susan - it'll get better it just takes time. I know that sounds silly, but it is true.

We're going from Seattle to Eastern Oregon (steens) to the tip of nevada through the top of nevada to salt lake city (ice cream, spiral jetty), moab and mesa verde and then to santa fe, alb and scorro. I'm flying back from NM and TH is driving back via Leadville, CO and Wyoming. I wish I could do that, but I don' thave that much leave.

sigh.

I know it will click, but when?
Old 09-13-2006, 09:15 AM   #8  

Just a quick note...it's been busy here, I'm working on multiple projects and working some extra meetings for WW. Tonight I get to relax a little and go to a women's leadership wine & cheese after work--the get togethers are always relaxing and I could use a little of that!

My eating has seemed to quieted down now that I'm making sure I get enough protein with each meal and better variety, I really think it's made a difference. I'm not sure what the scale will hold for me today at noon since TOM is due at any time but whatever is, is.

I was up late last night canning tomatoes--finished up around 11 p.m. and I had 32 quarts and 11 pints all lined up on my kitchen table. Tonight I'm tackling the sauce and I'm going to split that into 2 batches, one tonight and one tomorrow. It was too much getting them all done last night. My feet are sore and I swear I smell like a tomato.

Susan: Haven't had any sun yesterday or today--it's been raining so it makes it really hard to crawl out of bed in the morning! I do love fall and can't wait to be able to walk outside and see the changing leaves.

Lala: Sounds like you've got a lot planned for your time off. Enjoy! On the WW front, the "click" will come, it's something you can't force and it shows up when you're not expecting it.

Hi to Pam, Lisa, Austingal, Julie, Liz! Hope you're all doing okay!
Old 09-13-2006, 11:08 AM   #9  
Julie - Stampin Up Demo

Hello everyone - I feel like I have neglected you all. I have so busy at work and at home running with 3 children's scheduled in school activities. It is exciting to see them in sports and band - I guess I am one of those sappy Moms that has to take tons of pictures, video tape them and make sure I have a good spot at all the events. I have been helping with feeding the HS bands after their half time performances and workign the tailgate parties for the Boosters. Whew! No wonder I haven't had time on the computer. Next week I am traveling to Atlanta for a conference for the Hospital I work at. I have never been to Atlanta so that is exciting.
I am sending hugs to everyone that needs them and if I don't write back until week after next dont worry. Take care
Old 09-13-2006, 04:04 PM   #10  
si, si signora

Hi everyone.

Julie - I was in ATL twice last year. I can't remember a thing, I spent most of my time at the Convention center next to the CNN headquarters. However, dekalb was cool and we went to eat somewhere near there that was decent. Enjoy it more than I did!

Melissa - you are my godess. I ended up freezing 4 quarts of sauce and put about 20 lbs of not quite ripe toms in the refrigerator for my return.

We have about 10 quarts of sauce from last year, so I think we'll be okay.

Ack, fall is here. Rainy (of course I put laundry out) and cool.

If I don't log in for 11 days, I'll log in when I get back.

Take care all and keep the course that I am wavering from!

Hi to everyone and safe travels, whereever you are heading.

lala
Old 09-14-2006, 08:23 AM   #11  

Height: 6'0"

Well, didn't post yesterday as I had jury duty. It was a lot better than in the past. Of course, I went prepared: took my script, books, mags, stationery, a snack, etc. I didn't get selected which is fine with me, so my duty is done for another year. Of course because I got out of there early and I was near the shopping center, I bought two pairs of the cutest shoes on sale!!!

lala, wow! you are covering some ground on your trip. Have fun. I've never been to Albuquerque, but DH has and he liked it.

Julie, I was in Atlanta in April this year and really enjoyed it. They have great shopping there, too. I liked just walking around the city. I also took the CNN tour which was interesting.

Melissa, you are something else--all that canning you do. I've never done any of that, except once I helped some friends make apple butter and put it up. That was a job.

Susan, yes activities are good. I'm always so busy, I don't have time to mope. I'm in a comedy called "The Foreigner." We open on 29 September. Pirates of Penzance--I've never seent it; I'll bet it was great. That opera house looks so neat. I understand it's really large, too.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:55 PM   #12  

Hi everyone! I was down .4 yesterday at my meeting and was okay with that. TOM arrived today so any loss is good at this point!

I did can more tomatoes last evening and did mainly pints. We go through a lot of sauce over the course of the year. I was rationing what I had left from last year. We still have another box to do but I'm not sure when I'm going to do them.

Had a very stressful night last evening--had to take my dad via ambulance to the ER. He has had a cough for a while and refused to call the doctor and last night when I went home he was coughing a lot and was not totally coherent. Talk about stress! Anyway, he has pneumonia and his heart rate was at 168 so it was not looking very good and the doctor was pretty straight forward with us in telling us that. We never left the hospital until 2 a.m. and I was beat! Now we're waiting to hear the results of all the tests. Tonight I'm hoping to take it easy but you never know what's going to happen.

Julie: You have been busy! I used to help with cooking for a drum corps and it was fun. I don't mind being busy, it keeps me out of trouble. Enjoy yourself in Atlanta!

Lisa: I know the first time I got called for jury duty I was not prepared--no books, no magazines, nothing and I had to sit for 4 hours in a room with way too many people. I love canned tomatoes in the winter--there's nothing like it. I haven't gotten into canning much else. Apple butter sounds tedious and I'm all about quick and easy

It's dreary here again today--the weekend is supposed to be nice. With the change in our plans DH suggested that we check out the Irish Festival over the weekend and possibly do a couple other things. We'll play it by ear. I'm just hoping for a full night's sleep! DH and I made chili last night and it's in the crockpot for dinner tonight so I have a ready-eat-meal when I get home.

Hi to everyone else! Hope you're all doing okay.
Closed Thread