Support Groups - Biggest Loser support group

View Full Version : Biggest Loser support group

andreaphilip3
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
the biggest loser starts one week from wednesay(20th) would anyone be interested in doing our own big loser thing to see how much weight we can all lose together from its start date to the end?

KAR73
09-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Sure what did you have in mind? Let me know and I might like to join you.
Kerry

andreaphilip3
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
thanks kar!
well im a huge fan! it helps me stay motivated so i thought we could start own big loser group& see how much weight we can lose combined from 9-20(start date) til the last day which i think is dec something cuz i think if i remember its a 3 month long thing.

Butterfly50
09-11-2006, 11:10 AM
Sounds great I would like to join. I love it Iam doing the diet .

andreaphilip3
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
hiya bonnie!:) thanks for joining!

im soo excited i love BL!!! youre doin jillians diet? do you like it? im doin ww core and i love it! Im also very interested in seeing what i can incorporate from BFL for women since im getting a free copy of it.
i put a cop[y of this link in the buddy and ww areas so hopefully we'll have alot of ppl just the way the real bl does

KAR73
09-11-2006, 12:20 PM
That sounds great. I love the show too. Plus it keeps me motivated to do well. I have kind of slacked off here the last couple of months and gained some weight back. So I am really excited about the show starting up again. Count me in. I really need to be handle accountable for my actions again. LOL I am the co-leader of my TOPS group and haven't been a very good role model here lately. :( So this would help kick start my weight loss journel again. So would we weigh in once a week and post it on here?
Thanks,
Kerry

mommyofthree
09-11-2006, 12:43 PM
Hey Ladies,I would be interested in joining.I watch that show its incredible.Im new to the group and can use a really good challenge especially knowing we are doing it together.Keep me posted,Thanks,Holly

Megan2006
09-11-2006, 12:53 PM
You know what's funny? I just told my boyfriend on the weekend that I was going to follow BL religously, and do my own at the same time! So I would have my own weigh ins every wednesday *lol* I guess great minds think alike!!

andreaphilip3 - I'm in!!!
How do you want to do this? Should we all come on thursday and post our results?

andreaphilip3
09-11-2006, 01:03 PM
hey guys welcome aboard!

i think on the 20 im gonna put an official thread here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=184
for us to post support and results on.

you know whats interesting? i work out as much as they do but i dont lose 10-20 lbs a week.

andreaphilip3
09-11-2006, 01:04 PM
as for weigh ins, i think we all can stick to our current days since we are on diff plans im on ww and am a sat wi.

Megan2006
09-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Sounds great!! We'll title our reply - by stating the week of the weigh in.
Maybe we could also say what our mini goals could be for the following week, as in, saying we're goig to drink all of our water, or exercise for 30 minutes each day, etc..
From what I understand, the people on the BL work out hardcore for 6 hours a day. Not sure who has time for that *lol*

Yogini
09-11-2006, 01:22 PM
From what I understand, the people on the BL work out hardcore for 6 hours a day. Not sure who has time for that *lol*

Yeah...people think I am CRAZY and extreme for doing 2 hours a day, 5 days a week (and I'm pretty spent from just doing that!).

I want to join in though! I really need the motivation! :carrot:

Butterfly50
09-11-2006, 01:41 PM
Thats great I have been so busy here lately that I have kinda strayed myself but I Love BL. I always think if they can do it so can I. Got to get back in and get started again.I dont know if this is Jillians diet or Bobs But I follow what is in the BL book. It seems to carry me threw the day and I like it cause you have stuff from all the food groups and I like that. I was on the Zone but found myself hungry all the time and now with the BL Im not. Hope to see evryone on the 20 th . I cant wait......

Megan2006
09-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Yogini - 2 hours a day?? holy crap that's awesome!!! what do you do on the days that you just don't want to work out???

andreaphilip3
09-11-2006, 02:01 PM
welcome yogini!
megan: great ideas!

i swim for 2-3 hrs a day, 6 days week and do 30-60 min. bike 7 days a week and i lift weights daily breaking up the muscle groups so im actually pretty close to the bl's. its alot but its way better than spending 4 hrs a week being tortured by a physical therapist. ive got cp so its either me or that and i choose me!

Megan2006
09-11-2006, 02:06 PM
andreaphilip3 - I love your attitude!! Good for you!! :hug:

andreaphilip3
09-11-2006, 02:39 PM
thanks megan:)

we have someone joining in that post on the bl threads cuz i also put an inqiry thread on there too-i put 1 on the ww board but no takers yet.

nibs
09-11-2006, 05:14 PM
hey andreaphilip3. I'm in. Do you want me to post here or on the WW thread. I thought it would be better to post together.

KIM

andreaphilip3
09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
yay!!! kim's here!! doesnt matter cuz the real thread is goin in the exercise forum as of 9/20.

mommyofthree
09-11-2006, 05:36 PM
Hi Ladies,im new to this and are very eager to participate.Ive been weighing myself on Thursdays.Are we going to do the same day or just report as we go once a week.Im looking forward to this,this should be fun.I watch the show every week its on.Good luck everyone,Holly:carrot:

andreaphilip3
09-12-2006, 12:11 AM
hi mommy!
welcome! im game for whatever bc i wi on sat, but i wi most days of the week one of them being wed so its up to everyone. this is so funny bc right now theres threads all over diff areas of the board for this but when it actually starts there will be one thread in the BL area of the board

ceejay52
09-12-2006, 09:18 AM
I want to do this also.

andreaphilip3
09-12-2006, 09:50 AM
well hi there ceejay!:)

Ladybud
09-13-2006, 10:23 AM
I just found this post and I would love to join you ladies. Since July I have been gaining weight back. I need motivation and I think this will help!!
Are we doing ww or BL? I love the show I can't wait for it to start up again! I just hope the lady who replaced Jullian is good. I loved Jullian!

andreaphilip3
09-13-2006, 10:32 AM
welcome lady!

we are all on your own chosen plans it doesnt matter what your on. in fact if i remember right, only 2 ppl so far are on the bl diet. everyone else is on other things.

AmberD
09-13-2006, 03:41 PM
Hello All!

I would love to join your group. About the time the show starts my foot should be better (I hurt it exercising on Saturday). I've only seen a couple episodes of BL, but I've been to their website. I'm very excited, I think this might be just the push I need!

andreaphilip3
09-13-2006, 03:45 PM
welcome amber!:)

gosh i think we are at 17 now!

andreaphilip3
09-14-2006, 11:38 AM
6 more days!!!!

hommer
09-14-2006, 01:43 PM
I would also like to join. Anything to help get me motivated. I need that I seem to do good for a few days then slip up :?: So count me in. I need all the help I can get.

Ellsworthcj5
09-14-2006, 01:43 PM
i would like to be apart of the group/ I have never watched but will now.

andreaphilip3
09-14-2006, 02:36 PM
welcome hommer and ellis! wow now we have 20 i think!! i think this is gonna be fun!!!!(im glad i bumped this thread up this mornin)

Rosario
09-14-2006, 04:41 PM
I was getting lonely on the other thread :( lol

I can't wait for next wednesday, but starting tonite, I am on vacation!!! Woohoo!!! I'll be in LA for 6 days. But when I get back, it's crunch time!

Enjoy the rest of your week ladies!!! Until the 20th!!!

andreaphilip3
09-14-2006, 05:29 PM
hey rosie!
its ok, you can chat here it youd like. this seems to be where all the BL's are hangin out and i think its funny. i thought if anything the thread i posted in the BL forum was gonna be jumpin bc theyre already on the BL diet but apparently i was wrong. hang w me a bit longer until all of us BL'ers are in the same place. have fun on your vaca! im taking 1 day off oif this diet thing too monday&tuesaday ill be rollin' for wed!

kristykay
09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Hello everyone, I would love to join this challenge. I am new to this site and I think this is the motivation I need.

KAR73
09-14-2006, 10:45 PM
Sounds like we have a good number of people willing to movitate each other. If we keep it up, maybe we will have 50 people just like the new show.

htown6700
09-14-2006, 10:47 PM
Hello everyone I am a big fan of BL I would love to join. It would be great to pair up with someone that is in our home town. Bring it on!

andreaphilip3
09-14-2006, 11:40 PM
welcome kristy and HT!! wow i thinkl that makes 22!

azgal32
09-15-2006, 09:54 AM
I'm totally up for the challenge too! I am so excited for the new season to start. I dusted off ;) my BL book and thought, "if they can do it, I can too!" Count me in!

azgal

andreaphilip3
09-15-2006, 11:01 AM
greataz! welcome aboard then!:)

KAR73
09-15-2006, 11:36 AM
If we keep at it we just might have 50 people on the challenge by Wednesday night's kick off of the show!

andreaphilip3
09-15-2006, 02:05 PM
lol kar!

andreaphilip3
09-15-2006, 11:36 PM
ok guys i had a thought and want feedback. what do you think of making two teams to make things interesting and more motivating?

KAR73
09-15-2006, 11:46 PM
I think that would be great. How would we decide who was on what team and stuff?

andreaphilip3
09-16-2006, 10:28 AM
ive been keeping a list of everyones ill just divide them in 1/2 and post a master list on the official thread

andreaphilip3
09-16-2006, 11:02 AM
hey guys could you all do me a favor and follow this link and post a brief bio on it? i thiught itd be fun for the challenge. thanks:)

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1407757#post1407757

PinkDiva
09-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Count me in! I've never watched BL, but I am planning on Tivoing it so long as it doesn't interfear with other shows I watch and record.

I was challenging myself anyways to lose 20 by Thanksgiving or no later than Christmas so this works great for me! :smug:

andreaphilip3
09-16-2006, 01:02 PM
welcome diva!

melissa73
09-16-2006, 04:05 PM
Count me in!

I love biggest loser! I"m new to the forum and would love an additional motivation to lose some of this weight! I can't wait until the show starts and plan on tracking my weight and workouts, etc. right along with them.

I am hoping to be in Onederland by Halloween so maybe I'll pledge to try to reach 195 by the end of the biggest Loser Challenge! :carrot:

andreaphilip3
09-16-2006, 04:34 PM
well then mel....welcome cuz thats exactly the plan is to do what they do!(using indiv. chosen plans tho)

andreaphilip3
09-16-2006, 04:37 PM
if anyone has a cable internet connection...THE FIRST 20 MIN OF TBL ARE ONLINE!!! I JUST WATCHED...HOLY COW!

andreaphilip3
09-16-2006, 04:49 PM
note: we will be going into teams just like the real BL. The names on each team will be posted on the official challenge thread the evening of tuesday the 19th at which time all other BL threads will be closed so that all challengers are in one place....so the last oppty to join in will be monday 9-18.:)

CJISME
09-17-2006, 02:55 AM
I posted at your WW post as well. I just want to know more about this. What will be required. Do we follow the plan on the show? Aim for certain goals daily/weekly/monthly?? How long does this go??

I have never seen the show before but plan on watching this season. I will most likely tape it and watch while on the treadmill during the days following. Is it always a two hour show?

CJISME
09-17-2006, 03:21 AM
seeing if my ticker is working :)

andreaphilip3
09-17-2006, 10:29 AM
hiya cj welcome!
im sorry i didnt know you didnt watch. lemme see if i can explain a little bit. the ppl get divided into two teams red and blue. they get weighed every wednesday to see how much weight they collectively lose. we will be doing it the same way but for us we stick to whatever plan you choose, iim guessing you chose ww? we weigh in every wednesday to keep accountable and stay motivated. i think its a 8 week or a 12 week thing im not sure i just know its starts on wed. its usually 1 hr.

andreaphilip3
09-17-2006, 10:39 AM
ok now im the confused one... CJ: did you change your sreename from CEEJAY? or is that another person?

Firefly
09-17-2006, 10:48 AM
hiya cj welcome!
im sorry i didnt know you didnt watch. lemme see if i can explain a little bit. the ppl get divided into two teams red and blue. they get weighed every wednesday to see how much weight they collectively lose. we will be doing it the same way but for us we stick to whatever plan you choose, iim guessing you chose ww? we weigh in every wednesday to keep accountable and stay motivated. i think its a 8 week or a 12 week thing im not sure i just know its starts on wed. its usually 1 hr.

Ok I love the show it keeps me going to . Somthing to get nibts tips seeing other work hard to. QUESTION now what forum am going to find this WW BL or exercise when it comes to the 20th

brittlatham
09-17-2006, 11:29 AM
Count me in as well!

andreaphilip3
09-17-2006, 01:19 PM
welcome guys!
tue night im putting a single thread in the big loser forum located under exercise and this thread will be closed.

andreaphilip3
09-17-2006, 01:22 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=184
heres where the new thread will go:) ill also post a direct link to the new thread right here bf asking suzanne to close it up.

rockinrobin
09-17-2006, 01:40 PM
Yes! I am mucho interested. Just let me know the details and I'm in.

andreaphilip3
09-17-2006, 05:20 PM
hi fed! nice to meet you:)
this should help:

the ppl get divided into two teams red and blue. they get weighed every wednesday to see how much weight they collectively lose. we will be doing it the same way but for us we stick to whatever plan you choose, iim guessing you chose ww? we weigh in every wednesday to keep accountable and stay motivated. i think its a 8 week or a 12 week thing im not sure

andreaphilip3
09-17-2006, 05:23 PM
guess what guys?
we are gonna have bigger teams than the REAL TEAMS! isnt that awesome!?

CJISME
09-17-2006, 06:50 PM
That IS awesome!

I went to watch that 19 minute preview. Pretty cool show it looks like. My tv scheduler thing says this week and next week are two hours????

So........all WE do is weigh in each Wednesday??? No challenges here to go along with the show?? I would like to know how long this is going. I think that is important before I am signed up.

BTW....I am CJISME and that is all I am registered as here.

Why did you just not hold this challenge at the WW board?? Just curious.

ceejay52
09-17-2006, 06:55 PM
Andrea
I'm still ceejay so there must be another cj.

Bobby18
09-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Please count me in too. I have been reading the BL book over the past week and plan on incorporating some of the eating and exercise info. into my current plan.

Suzanne

andreaphilip3
09-17-2006, 11:17 PM
tok cj and ceejay thanks for clearing up that mix up.

its 2 months i think. 2 hrs 2 weeks? awesome!!

challenges: if anyone can find a way to do em online.....im game!

would anyone have issues w pm'ing me starting weights so i can post start totals as a team the way they do? i thought itd be fun but i could be wrong.
i did post in ww board but no interest. n there wasnt much interest on the bl board either....weird! watch theyll all want in on the bl board after it stars oh well. tomm is last sign up day bc tue night im posting teams on the official thread n once im done im done:)

welcome bobby!
as of this minute, there are 24(poss 26) (i had 2 ppl sayin they wanted in on the board put out by ww but dunno if they realize its on here so they may bk out)! and from what the clip said 13 on the real team?

andreaphilip3
09-17-2006, 11:34 PM
ok i just had a thought about challenges... whatya think about doping mini challenges in terms of say which team/indiv. does the most cardio or something like that?

KAR73
09-18-2006, 10:01 AM
I think that doing mini challenges would motivate everyone to keep going to reach their goals. Would we change them each week?
Two more days until the show starts. I am arranging my schedule so I can watch it. I can't wait. I have been looking forward to this for a long time. I was actually losing weight when it was on. I guess being able to see the struggles that someone else is going through helped to moviate me to work hard at losing weight. If that makes sense.
Have a great Monday everyone!
Kerry

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 10:33 AM
hey kar!
yep im open to doing anything that is do-able online so toss syour ideas out there guys!
as of this minute, we have 26!

*skrog*
09-18-2006, 11:56 AM
yes i'm in! please count me in on the biggest loser challenge! i am a weight watchers member so i will be following the w.w. plan and my weigh in day is already wed. so that works out perfectly! my current weight is 175lbs...

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 11:57 AM
welcome skrog!:)

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 11:59 AM
ok im makin a prediction: i predict that when the show airs, ppl will see the thread in the bl forum and want in.... but, itll then be too late!
im glad to have a ww aboard-actually there are a sm few..

Megan2006
09-18-2006, 12:47 PM
Hey ladies!! two more days!!!
Are we all going to post our stats on wednesday??

ceejay52
09-18-2006, 01:48 PM
happy birthday, andrea

TERAPET
09-18-2006, 02:18 PM
Please include me on a team.

Bobby18
09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
Andrea - I think that including starting weights is a great idea. An option would be for people to PM you if they don't want to post their starting weight. I agree that challenges will be fun. We could use various things, such as:

- journal 7/7 (even the BL book recommends journalling)
- drink 8+ glasses of water 7/7
- post exercise goals and have to update for meeting them each day

Another idea (that I am stealing from another forum I lurk on) is to start each month with a certain number of points each (i.e. 75). Each day we have to update the same post for whether or not we stuck to our (a) exercise plan (b) food plan. Each time you don't stick to your plan you lose a point - you also lose a point for not updating your post each day. I think this keeps things interesting with lots of updates happening throughout the challenge. The key is to continuously update the same post so that thread does not get too long.

Just some thoughts.

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 05:25 PM
great ideas bobby! i dont expect ppl to post weight if they want they can pm. i just think its cool to add everyones weight and post a number and then post totals weekly.

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 05:26 PM
welcome ter!

thanks meagan! if you like you can pm it to me..i wanna post one big weight for the 2 teams

ty ceejay!:)

get ready guys!!!!!!!!

angel-eyes
09-18-2006, 06:12 PM
Hi girls!! :wave: sign me up also!!! Since the July I've been waffling around with the same weight +/- and now's the time to get serious. I initially lost some weight, but def. need to lose some more. My mantra is NO MORE EXCUSES!!! I've seen some of you on the boards already, so its nice to meet you again and make some more new friends.

Andrea.....fill me in as to what we need to post as for stats. I think I read a link for a bio....:carrot:

Danaka
09-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I am interested in joining!

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 08:03 PM
welcome angel and danaka!!!

angel: youre not alone.. i myself hit a plateau and i fell off wagon today as it was my bday& am sitting here sick. am hoping itll break the plateau now.

the bio thread is in the BL forum....as WILL BE the official thread(this isnt the thread) as of tomm night all threads will be closed except for one that will go next to the bios. we are getting bigger numbers in participation guys! this rocks!

bopis21
09-18-2006, 08:10 PM
I want to join in. What do I do?

bopis21
09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
Sorry to post again... are we posting our goals and such? And how do we come up with our goals? And how long is the challenge?

bopis21
09-18-2006, 08:15 PM
the bio thread is in the BL forum....as WILL BE the official thread(this isnt the thread) as of tomm night all threads will be closed except for one that will go next to the bios. we are getting bigger numbers in participation guys! this rocks!

Will you give us the new thread??

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 08:18 PM
hi bop! welcome!

the challengee will be 2 teams. it runs forv 2 or 3 months i think. yes tomm ill post the official link and these threads will be closed however i will post the direct link right here in case someone gets lost.

i posted the rules in the BL forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93948

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94140

bopis21
09-18-2006, 08:24 PM
hi bop! welcome!

the challengee will be 2 teams. it runs forv 2 or 3 months i think. yes tomm ill post the official link and these threads will be closed however i will post the direct link right here in case someone gets lost.

i posted the rules in the BL forum:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=93948

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94140

Thanks for the welcome!! How do I know what team I'm on?

Sorry for the million questions... and I'm sure I'll have more...sorry

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 08:29 PM
np im gonna make the teams and post the names on the official thread tomm night. thats why sign up deadline is tomm at 5 pm.:)
pm me if you need anything.... just bear w me a lil longer and itll be alot simpler once theres only a single thread:)

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 10:25 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1410566#post1410566

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 10:41 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1410588#post1410588

andreaphilip3
09-18-2006, 11:29 PM
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94152 (chat area)

CJISME
09-18-2006, 11:57 PM
well I would like in. Got your PM andrea. I guess I would have liked to know for sure how long this goes, so if I can commit that long, ya know??? Don't wanna leave anyone hanging ya know...

I know you said something about our weights so you can have a total. But shouldn't our official start weight be taken on Wednesday??? Ohhhhhhhh I don't like weighing more than once a week, and Friday is my WW weigh in day. But if I must I must.

I like the ideas of some challenges or points too and ONE THREAD to find or even a FORUM with a team thread??

Thanks!

happydaisy
09-19-2006, 01:50 AM
I thought I'd reply here too, just in case. I'd love to be in. :smug:

bekko
09-19-2006, 10:31 AM
Please count me in! This challenge sounds like soooo much fun! :D

-bekko

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;10;2;0;1/c/156.8/t/125/s/160/k/b03d/weight.png
(http://www.TickerFactory.com/)

KAR73
09-19-2006, 10:44 AM
One more day till the show! I can hardly wait. I told my dh last night don't make plans for me on Wednesday nights when the show is on. I am blocking out that time on my schedule.
So how many do we have in the challenge now? I am looking really forward to this challenge!
Have a great day!
Kerry

andreaphilip3
09-19-2006, 11:16 AM
welcome daisy and bekko!

whats up everyone? one more day!!!!

for those that have set wi days you can use that no big deal. at the moment we have 35!!!!!
and yes as you can see if youve been following the links everything is being placed in the BL forum everything else will be losed tonight after i post the official thread for teams and weigh ins and things.(the chat thread is already there)

we are gonna kick booty!!

CharityKB
09-19-2006, 12:25 PM
I would love to join! I am new to this site!

CharityKB

NurseMichelle
09-19-2006, 12:39 PM
OMG this thread is so huge!!!

I'd like to join, I've posted so in several places, and even in a PM, so I hope I'm not confusing you, andreaphilip! I'm so thrilled to be part of the group! I know it's with all this support that we CAN do it!

Back to reading the threads on this post...page 2...LOL

Chklithunder
09-19-2006, 01:08 PM
I want to make sure I am not left out. I already posted my bio. Thanks!

andreaphilip3
09-19-2006, 01:31 PM
hi guys welcome! ive got all of you!:)

Big BL Fan
09-19-2006, 02:14 PM
I just signed up for this website and have not got the hang of it but would love to join the BL challenge!

TERAPET
09-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Sorry, I guess I should know this, but what is a pm?

andreaphilip3
09-19-2006, 03:04 PM
a private message:)
welcome big bl!

andreaphilip3
09-19-2006, 03:18 PM
ok, joining is now over. we have 50 participants!!!!

here is the official thread:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94194

andreaphilip3
09-19-2006, 04:05 PM
we need ONE more player!!!
PM ME

andreaphilip3
09-19-2006, 07:30 PM
does anyone else still want in?

Jane152
09-19-2006, 07:57 PM
I'm here to join...is it too late? I registered after 5:00 CST.

andreaphilip3
09-19-2006, 08:02 PM
your already in jane but it just says jane