Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 09-11-2006, 06:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 246/244.2/146

Height: 5'8"

Default Mini-Trampoline?

I posted this in the Does it Work? I though it might get more input in the Exercise Forum however so I'm posting it here too! Any advice would be helpful.

I am really thinking about ordering one! I just saw an infomercial on TV and think that my be my answer. I was about to get on the computer to look for something new, I moved into a tiny apartment and didn't bring my treadmill, and I flipped the channel and there it was! It was an Urban Rebounder but when I searched these forums and heard mention of the Body Burner, now I don't know which one to get! Does anybody have any advice/knowledge of what's the difference and which is the best quality. I'm more concerned about the which is better quality and has the best videos vs worrying about the price. Thanks for the input.
CherryCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 11:24 AM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

We have a -ton- of threads on this. Here are some of them:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=81791

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85409

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91212

You can try to search for "Rebounder" for more info - there are lots of other threads.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:09 PM   #3  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

I'm glad I saw this! I was thinking about getting an Urban Rebounder!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #4  

you can use any of the videos on any of the rebounders. From what I have read on other forumns it seems like quality goes like this

The Body burner
the urban rebounder (smaller but has a stability bar)
the reboundAIR (this one has a wider mat and a much softer bounce that many prefer)
the Needek- this is the top model in the US.

Hope you enjoy!
fikustrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 09:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/175

Height: 5'5"

A girl in my Psychology class told me about this and swears its really fun. I'm really curious about it. Is this something Id have to order online or can I get iit from a sporting goods store? I really need a workout that I can make time for. when I'm off of school i go straight to work. ANd by the time I get off of work and finish homework the gym is closed. It just doesnt work for me.
SillyFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:23 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 246/244.2/146

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikustrees View Post
you can use any of the videos on any of the rebounders. From what I have read on other forumns it seems like quality goes like this

The Body burner
the urban rebounder (smaller but has a stability bar)
the reboundAIR (this one has a wider mat and a much softer bounce that many prefer)
the Needek- this is the top model in the US.

Hope you enjoy!
Is that in ascending or descending order? I ended up getting the Body Burner, because you can tilt it! My only reservation is that it said good up to 250lbs, but max 280lbs. I'm 244 hopefully I'll be down a few more by the time it gets here. But to me the tilt and incline would be really good workout. I want to run and jump rope but I get sore ankles from all this extra weight, and I know that everyone says get a mini-trampoline until your only about 35% over your ideal weight or something so for me that's about 175lbs. I've got to lose 70lbs before I can jump rope on real ground then with risking damage to my joints and knees.

SillyFluff, check out the Urban Rebounder website and the Body Burner, there's probably sites for the other two fikustrees mentioned, I know there is a big price difference in some of the models. The Body Burner was as expensive as I could go, I think the Urbanrebounder is only $59.95+29.99s/h. I just hope I can return the Body Burner if it's really not good quality or not good bounce. ~Oh yah, and I know sporting good stores sell mini-tramps, cuz I've seen them there, but I don't know about the videos, you might have to order those online (either from the companys or maybe on amazon.com) Just be sure to get one with steel frame (sturdier than aluminum) and that is connected to the frame with spring-coils not just with the fabric. If you look at the difff websites you can get an idea of what to look for. The Urbanrebounder had a higher weight limit too and I think they even offer a gym quality one for up to 350lbs.

I think from all that I've read I'm going to order the videos for the UrbanRebounder instead of the Body Burner ones, because people seem to like them better. Anyone else have any input on the videos?

Last edited by CherryCrush; 09-13-2006 at 08:27 PM. Reason: added to it
CherryCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 09:30 PM   #7  

Would a personal trampoline work too? I just cant afford those other ones right now. I'm barely making ends meet as it is.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:04 AM   #8  

Height: 5'8.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyFluff View Post
Would a personal trampoline work too? I just cant afford those other ones right now. I'm barely making ends meet as it is.
Yes! I had one I got for $6 at a yard sale! They are a wonderful form of exercise... just turn on the music and away you go! I would love to have one now but since I live in a third floor apartment it would not go over too well with the neighbors.

I highly recommend them. You don't have to have expensive stuff to get a good workout.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 12:57 PM   #9  

yay. They have one at the sporting goods store for $30. That works better for them than $100 for the other one. I will probably go get it tomorrow. Thanks
Old 10-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #10  

Height: 5'8.5"

That's great! I hope it works for you. Be sure to let us know how you like it.
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #11  

I think that sounds like a really fun workout. If you enjoy the physical activity you are doing then it is certainly a lot easier to do it everyday. I say get one and enjoy your workout.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote