Simply Filling/Core - Core Support Board for Week of September 10-16, 2006

Katpo
09-10-2006, 10:43 AM
:corn:

Katpo
09-10-2006, 11:02 AM
From the other thread:

Yep, Vickie, I only use olive oil in pasta. After I drain it, I always add the oil and it keeps it from sticking together. I will add mushrooms, steamed broccoli, diced tomatoes (fresh) and probably some shrimp. That'll be dinner for a few nights.

They had promised that we might have some rain today but so far it sure doesn't look like it. We woke up to some sprinkles yesterday that lasted for about 3 minutes and most of it dried up before hitting the ground anyway. Our highs are at least just in the 90s instead of higher.

I thought I had mentioned that I hadn't heard from Shaun but maybe I just meant to and forgot. The letter on Friday was the first one. He said there's not much time for writing. He failed a situp test; I hope he passes the subsequent one(s) because that's a requirement for graduating on time. Of course, it's just one more thing for me to worry about which is good because I was running low on material. ;)

Better get at the laundry; the only other thing on the list today is going to the grocery store for 4-5 lunch items and then cleaning up the kitchen.

Vickie
09-10-2006, 11:11 AM
Kathy, I don't remember hearing about the letter. That's great. I thought you hadn't heard from him at all yet. Don't work too hard today. Lord only knows you'll be back at again soon enough tomorrow.

aghiowa
09-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Good morning ladies! The Tooth Fairy did indeed visit last night...and she left some $$ and a nice little thank you note. My girls get such a kick out of it. :)

It's grey and drizzly here. I was really enjoying falling asleep last night with the windows open, listening to the gently falling rain. My allergies have been acting up terribly though, even with the Allegra. Oh well. :( Just another week and some until my nose dr appointment.

So last night we're sitting there watching a movie, and dh comes up all pleased that he got me some Reese's peanut butter cups with caramel! I was very good though, and told him to break one cup in half and he could eat the rest. My first NSV in a while...

My mom and I went to a garden and landscape show yesterday, and there was a woman there selling homemade soaps and stuff. My mom surprised me and got me Spearmint Calendula soap, which I'm really looking forward to using. :lol: It takes so little to amuse me. She had all kinds of interesting scents, alfalfa, sweet grass, tiramasu, and my favorite...leather.

Time for my minty shower...later ladies!

Angela

Vickie
09-10-2006, 12:00 PM
Angela, congratulations on your NSV! It just takes the first one to get us going again. Enjoy your shower. It looks like rain for a couple more days for both of us.

Vickie
09-10-2006, 12:28 PM
I forgot to tell you all that my best friend, Cindy, can still use your prayers. The first round of chemo didn't put the Leukemia into remission. She started a second more deadly round of chemo on Wednesday. She is so weak she can barely talk on the phone. She hasn't been able to eat for almost 3 weeks because of something the Leukemia did to her intestines. I'm so scared for her but I'm really humbled by her continued faith. I know that quite a few of us believe in the power of prayer. If you could just mention her in yours, I'd be very grateful.

Katpo
09-10-2006, 01:20 PM
You got it, girlfriend. :hug:

septembersgoal
09-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Afternoon girls! :sunny:
It's already been a long day. It went pretty well. And yes Vickie (I think it was you) they are taking advantage of him. But that's the way it goes I suppose. Frustrating, but that's life.
Vickie, I'll be sure to keep your friend in my prayers. :hug: I know it's not easy for any of you.
Kathy, I'm glad that you heard from Shaun. I'm sure he'll do great. Enjoy not worrying about him for now, let the big scary boot camp guys do that. ;)
Angela, way to go on refusing that candy! You're on your way.
Patti, glad to have you back!
OK, now for the big news of the day...drumroll please...Aaron said this morning that he would do WW with me! He wants to count points but that's okay. I figure I'll just buy core stuff and he can count points for it if he wants to. :lol: There is a couple at church who are doing it together; he's lost 26 lbs and she's lost 21. They look great and he has been able to stop taking his bp meds. I told that to Aaron (I think I told you all he had to start taking bp meds about a year ago) and that sold him. So we'll see how it goes!! :crossed: Please feel free to keep me in line. :frypan:
Well I better go get some work done. I have to run by my PC director's house today and return some stuff I borrowed for my show. Oh by the way things are going well, the girl that had a show Friday said she found another group of friends who want to do one at her house, and another lady at church has a contact for me as well. So things are looking good! Thanks for all of your encouragement.
Ok, really going now. I've written a book! :comp:

ontarget
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
hey, chickies. it rained last night!!! the air is much more clear--even the plants outside look healthier. they can breathe again. i am doing well op today. i am back in control.

rhonda, i'm feeling good about the 1 lb challenge. if i don't make get it off by tomorrow, at least i'm back in control.

melissa, i got tickled (i apologize) about kathy praying for aaron's job at church. seriously, i hope things settle down and he is happier. go get that new job at hospice, girl.

kathy, sounds like you have a good plan for foods this week. where is judd going? i can't remember. your spaghetti sounds yummy. thanks for telling us how you do it. i didn't know you'd gotten a letter from shaun either. i'm glad he's doing all right. he'll get those situps done. try not to worry.

aloha, froufie!!!! have fun, girl.

patti, it's great that you turtled. i am very very impressed.

vickie, it's good to see you posting more like your old self again. i'm seeing some improvement in you through them. i'm glad you're getting better. :;) :;) for wi tomorrow. that's sad about cindy. i'll keep her in my prayers.

angela, congratulations on your first of many many more nsv's to come. (i mean your first once recently)

melissa, that's good news about aaron going on ww with you. i added too many empty calories last week--and i gained. you're smart to eat mostly core foods.

curtis and i are going for our first beginning ballroom dance lesson tonight. we're taking foxtrot and waltz. i don't know what we'll work on tonight. this should be fun if our old bods (his knees/shoulders; my feet) will hold up. we're hoping to dance at rhonda and doyle's wedding.

septembersgoal
09-10-2006, 03:49 PM
Oh how fun!! I've always tried to convince Aaron to do ballroom dancing with me but he's not too interested. He might someday just because he knows I want to, but that would be the only reason. Let us know how it goes! Plus it's more exercise. You go girl. :)

Vickie
09-10-2006, 03:53 PM
Sandra, I LOVED taking ballroom dancing lessons! I am SO jealous. You're lucky that Curtis will go with you. Jim says no thanks. The waltz and rhumba were my favorites. I liked the foxtrot ok too. I stunk at the tango with my short stubby legs. Have a great time. BTW, it is OUTSTANDING exercise.

Melissa, I hope you write more books. I miss hearing from you. I think you're going to do very well with PC. I'm excited for you.

Thanks for the prayers girls!

I'm off to watch 24. Ugh...I did research this morning and learned there are 16 nuclear plants in Illinois.....more than in any other state. I guess I should have known that. Kinda scarey.

septembersgoal
09-10-2006, 04:09 PM
Vickie, maybe you shouldn't do research! :) I'll try to write more books for you. I miss talking to you all so much, especially during the day. I wasn't ever able to post that much while at work but at least I could read, catch up, and be encouraged to make it through the day!

ontarget
09-10-2006, 05:03 PM
would ya'll believe the dance lessons were curtis' idea? shocked me, too. last year we watched a lot of "so you think you can dance' and "dancing with the stars" and saw a lot of dance lessons. he thought it would be a good idea. i was really really worried about my feet. (they were giving me a lot of trouble at the time.) i was also worried about my weight. now, i'm excited to take these lessons. the women's club is offering them free to members and their partners. what a deal!

vickie and melissa, i'm loving reading your posts today. it's sooooo good to see you both here posting.

Vickie
09-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Melissa, you know you're probably right!

You go Curtis!

I'm off to a bubble bath while Jim goes to pick up the next two disks of 24.

I'll be back....later!

septembersgoal
09-10-2006, 05:30 PM
Well Sandra once again you have inspired me...this time in the dancing area. :D Maybe I'll convince DH to give me lessons for my birthday or something.

Vickie, enjoy that bubble bath...sounds wonderful!

Katpo
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
Sandra, I am really surprised at Curtis but hey, let's not look that gift horse in the mouth, huh?

I'm home from the store now; cleaned out the fridge and organized the pantry, then I started a load of laundry. Now I'm watching TV for a few minutes before cleaning up the kitchen. Dinner (for one) will be easy -- a Lean Cuisine of cheese ravioli and a salad.

The only remaining things are (1) making banana nut bread to take to work tomorrow; I took a bunch of bananas to work last week and only ate a few, so I saved the others to make bread with, and (2) at 8:30 I have a conference call with the Arbonne people. It should only last for 30 minutes which is good, because I'm going to bed after that!

Also looking around for things that I can get rid of, either on ebay or giving away. I am in a strong decluttering mode right now.

Katpo
09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
I just changed my ticker to reflect my birthday goal. If I'm not there, I'll give up.

:rofl:

Not really.

ontarget
09-10-2006, 08:03 PM
melissa, dance lessons would be a very unique gift. go for it.

kathy, your goal looks very workable. i think you'll be there. my bet's on you.

we have about 45 min till time to leave. i'll let ya'll know how it goes. i'm getting nervous. i'm pretty self conscious.

septembersgoal
09-10-2006, 09:07 PM
Kathy are you selling Arbonne now?

Sandra, hope you're having a blast.

Katpo
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
No, but my SIL in Colorado Springs is and she's doing some training. She'll be listening in on this "sales call" ... they know I'm not buying anything or signing up but it's practice for her.

She said we're all getting Arbonne for Christmas and has also told MIL that I'd like the set. I guess we'll see.

ontarget
09-10-2006, 10:58 PM
vickie, you're soooo right. we got a lot of exercise in at dance class. :dancer: we spent half the time doing fox trot and the other half waltzing. we're both going in sock feet next sunday. my feet are killing me!!:whoo:

kathy, i was afraid tonight would be our last but the only thing curtis complained about was my trying to lead. he had fun. i am shocked.

there was a full length mirror down one entire wall. talk about incentive to stay op!!

Katpo
09-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Phone call went very well and I'm truly considering it. At first it would just be to buy my own products but if I could sell to at least one other person, or sign someone up under me, that would be good.

The products are the best I've ever tried, and exactly what I need for this old skin of mine.

Vickie
09-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Good Morning Chicks! Today is weigh in day and of course my darn scale is up this morning. Oh Well. It is what it is.

We are closing the pool this week and it is supposed to happen today except we haven't heard from the guy. It's sad that Jim didn't get to swim this year at all because of his shoulder surgery. I got quite a bit of swimming in but not so much lately. Sheesh...I have my sore ankle to remind me of my last time in the pool. I did NOT need that.

Anywho....tomorrow I'm back on the treadmill. I will try to walk gently and slowly without hurting my ankle any more. Sometimes when I'm just walking around the kitchen and step with a rotation it hurts. Kathy, I'm sure you understand that very well.

I'm going to go catch up. I need to get myself moving here pretty quickly this morning.

Vickie
09-11-2006, 09:25 AM
Kathy, I get exhausted just reading about everything you do. You must really enjoy being that busy (I'd call it overworked! ;) ) or you'd put a stop to it. I could use a pantry organizing and a fridge cleaning. But first I have to clean my house instead of just talking about it. As soon as I feel better.......:D

Sandra, I'm SO glad you had fun. I knew you would! Can you believe that I was so into the lessons that I had official suede bottom dance shoes and even competed? Yep, I competed with choreographed routines. It seems like a long time ago!

Wow...it was quiet last night!

I feel very reflective and sad today. It is SO hard to believe that the attack on America was 5 years ago. I remember it as vividly as if it were yesterday.

Katpo
09-11-2006, 09:55 AM
It's so funny you should say that, because I consider this to be a slow time. Those are just daily "life" activities -- nothing really special. Apparently I have much more energy than the average bear.

Five years can pass slowly at times, then at other times it feels like five minutes! I was sitting at this very desk, probably doing pretty much the same thing, when Judd called to tell me about it. He was home with Alex (our chocolate lab) who was very sick with cancer and passed away three days later. She was Judd's baby, raised from a chubby little pup and so this week is really hard on him.

I'd better get busy now. I'm only working til 6 (11 hours) because of the dogs. I didn't get here until 7 even though I wanted to be here earlier; I'll try again tomorrow. They went out to potty in the dark, came in and went right back to bed. Hopefully Erin will let them out a few times between her classes, then I should be home by 7.

Scale was slightly down this morning from last week so at least I'm still current with my tracker. Mucho good luck blinks for you this morning, Vickie! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Later!

Vickie
09-11-2006, 09:59 AM
God Bless You! You should try to figure out a way to bottle your energy. I'd buy that in a hearbeat.

blessedwithsarah
09-11-2006, 10:26 AM
Hi all. Our cookout yesterday was a ball. Tons of food - most of it core. I did well food wise, had a lean burger on a lite roll, and core salads; a few glasses of wine and I did have a real hot dog. Too yummy! I walked yesterday morning for 45 minutes and then played in the moonwalk. What a ball and what a leg work out. All in all I did well. The scale was up to 181 this morning, but TOM is lurking. I'll update my ticker on Thursday this week regardless of what it says.

Melissa, it sounds like the PC is going to be a nice thing for you. I always love those types of parties. I LOVE kitchen gadgets. I'll check out your website, I assume we could order through you. Right?

Vickie, how are you feeling today? I hope things are getting better.

Prayers to all of those affected 5 years ago - it was a horrible time. September is always hard for me. My son was born in October 5 years ago. Seems like so much longer, thank God for Sarah. Since Ben's death, September and October are always so difficult. With all the 9/11 memorials, Its going to be even harder I think. Oh well. Don't want to bring you all down. Sorry if I did.

Take care all and stay on program!

blessedwithsarah
09-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Frouf - glad to hear you made it to Miami, have a great cruise. My niece left from Boston yesterday for Bermuda. Of course Bermuda is getting hit by Florence so we're not real sure where the ship will end up. One option is to Halifax NS or the Bahamas. If they go to the Bahamas it will be 3 days at sea, one day there and then 3 days back. Her trip was supposed to be 1 1/2 days to Bermuda, 5 days there then back.

Have fun!

aghiowa
09-11-2006, 11:30 AM
Good morning all. :)

I have been so incredibly dizzy ... ugh. It started yesterday as I was just standing there cooking dinner. It's enough to make my nauseauted. Thankfully my mom helped me get the girls to school, so all I have to do today is amuse the 3 year old. Thank goodness for PBS. I really hope I start feeling better soon.

So far today I've had a piece of toast. We'll see what else sounds good.

Later,
Angela

Vickie
09-11-2006, 12:50 PM
I can only pop in for a minute....I didn't go to WW...I got VERY sick to my stomach and it was storming horribly here. I decided not to go out feeling sick and with a sinus infection. Maybe tomorrow.

I really came here to tell Kathy that I made the most beautiful desk calendar for my Niece for Christmas from vistaprint. I added pictures of her kids and was able to input special dates...FREE....well $4.21 for shipping! She is just going to love this and it cost me next to nothing. Thank you SO much for turning me on to that company!

Katpo
09-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Well, YAY!! How cool is that? And you know she'll love it to pieces!!

That stinks about you feeling bad -- darn antibiotics! They fix one problem and create another! :hug:

Tejas
09-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Hi All:

Anniversaries of tragedies, both personal and public, can be tough on us. At the same time, it's important to honor lived lives with our memories.

I've done well with my eating and exercising I am down 2 pounds this week by my home scales, which are not in sync with WWs (although they are WW brand!) If I really am down two pounds that will be the first time in months...I don't trust it.

Sandra, so glad you enjoyed the dancing...I can see you twirling around the floor to great waltz tunes now!

Rhonda

ontarget
09-11-2006, 04:43 PM
hi, chickies. we just finished lunch. the smoke is back so we're not going bowhunting. season's been open since sept 2 and we haven't gone once. that's all right. i will go to w a later today. my feet are still sore from yesterday. now i know what kind of problems hammer toes can cause. (now doesn't that sound like i have gorgeous tootsies?)

vickie, curtis took our travel trailer in today to have some work done on it. the service dept will take it to winter storage where it will rest till we head south in november. then they will pick it up and de-winterize it for us. so i can relate to closing your pool.

rhonda, i weighed this am and was down half a pound.

kathy, reading your post made me remember what i was doing when i heard about kennedy's assination. i was standing underneath a basketball goal at grandview high school. we were practicing for a game that was to be played against duncanville that same night. the game was cancelled. the duncanville team was at the parade in dallas that day.

paula, sounds like you're doing well. i am proud of you.

angela and vickie, i hope you girls are feeling better.

rhonda, congratulations, cuz!!! you did better than i did. i need to eat more fruit/veggies.

got to go. curtis needs the phone.

septembersgoal
09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
Hi gals! I'm so proud of myself for controlling my eating today. Knowing I was going to have to talk to DH about how he did today was quite motivating.

Sandra, your lessons sound like so much fun. I would love to take them. They are so expensive around here, maybe I'll find a good deal one of these days. My MIL wants to do a line dancing class with me if I can ever find one. I think that would be fun too. Sorry you didn't get to go bowhunting today. That stinks.

Paula, don't worry about bringing us down. You have no idea all of the crazy things we have shared with each other on this board. This is always a safe place to share. I'm so sorry for your loss, and I'm sure all of the September events do not make things any easier.
On a brighter note, yes you can definitely order things through my website! You can also host what is called a catalog show. That's just collecting orders, and with enough orders you get free stuff! It's a great program.

Vickie, I got that calendar deal from Vistaprint today too. I meant to post on here and let everyone know that if you go to the website and give them your email address they'll send you all sorts of free and cheap deals. I've been getting at least one a week. Sorry you didn't make it to WW today, and I hope that you're feeling better.

Kathy, you definitely have more energy than me. I've heard different things about signing up with Arbonne. I've known two people who did it and then once they got into it decided it wasn't as good as it sounded. But I guess it all depends on what you're trying to get out of it.

Rhonda, congrats on moving the scale down, no matter how much! :goodscale

Off to finish up my yummy supper! I haven't had cola chicken in so long...:T

septembersgoal
09-11-2006, 09:31 PM
Where is everybody tonight??

Tejas
09-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Well, I'm writing emails to my family members about various matters and wanting to drink wine :hat: and not wanting to exercise :p !

Vickie
09-11-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm here! I just showered and cooked dinner. I'm tired now. Jim has an early doctor appointment tomorrow for his shoulder. I'll be up at 6:30 so I don't think I'll be up too late tonight. I tried to stretch my ankle out so that I could get back on the treadmill and now it hurts almost as bad as it did when I first did it. I'm going to ice it in a little while. My Sister thinks it will help. Big Sisters are always right, aren't they?

Melissa, I'm SO glad you had a great day today. How was the cola chicken? I love to make it with oven fries. It makes me feel decadent.

Sandra, what a bummer that you and Curtis can't get outside when you love the outdoors so much. I hope the smoke goes away soon so you can get back to your archery. My Mom had hammertoes and they hurt her alot.

Rhonda, hang on to those 2 pounds. I know how excited you'll be if they really are gone. Back away from the wine!!!!!!!

Kath, I did such a great job on that calendar...can you tell I'm just tickled pink? The Niece is hard to buy for and really hard to surprise and tickle. I'm just so sure that she's going to love this. I won't have it until September 23 because I picked the back of ant speed shipping so it would be really really cheap. I don't need it until Christmas anyway. I did forget to check and see what size it is. I hope it's bigger than 2 x 2 so she doesn't need a magnifying glass to read it. Is their stock good quality and heavy?

Frouf, we miss you! Hope you're having fun.

Gotta go soon.

Katpo
09-11-2006, 10:38 PM
I'm here, just trying to survive. I've been on the phone with the student loan people; Shaun can't pay his payments while he's gone (actually I've been paying them for the last several months) but since he's not here, he can't authorize a payment from my account. *I'm* not authorized to even speak to them, but they will take my money except they can't tell me how much they're going to debit. Sigh ... I'm so tempted to just tell them to let it go to collections and we'll sort it out later. Makes me want to say all sorts of dirty words but I'm resisting so far.

I got home from work around 7, talked to them for 45 minutes, took a bath, put the dogs in and out and in and out, Judd just called (I think I was a buzz kill because I'm having SUCH a day) and now I'm watching TV before going to make my lunch and empty the dishwasher.

Maybe I'll just scrounge up for some ebay stuff, sell everything, and pay those stupid load payments. It really ticks me off that they can't understand HE CAN'T TALK TO THEM RIGHT NOW. Plus, they had told me it was all up to date and now it seems as though that person didn't know what they were talking about. I've paid a little over $500 in the last 3 months and that's not enough?

Oops, just realized I went back to the Sallie Mae mess. Sorry...

Katpo
09-11-2006, 10:40 PM
Vickie, I've selected "ant" speed for mine too ... no need to pay extra for something that doesn't have to be here until December! I'm sure you'll be happy with it; the quality has been really good on all my stuff. I'm still debating on ordering extra sets of everything. How can you pass up free?

I'm hungry but not willing to go make or eat anything right now. Maybe I'll just eat a carrot.

Vickie
09-11-2006, 10:41 PM
Melissa, how did Aaron do today?

Kathy, that stinks! Maybe they think you are lying about Shaun being in boot camp. I'm sure people have told bigger lies. What's Sallie Mae?

Katpo
09-11-2006, 11:09 PM
Sallie Mae is the federal student loan program. Sometimes they're nice, sometimes they're not, but you can't get the same person two times in a row. This lady tonight was awesome, but we talked too long and when she transferred me to the "resolution" department, it was one minute past 8 and they were closed. I stifled a dirty word at that point.

I'm also wondering about Aaron's day. I would SO love for Judd to do WW Core with me because he can really stick to something if he understands it and believes it'll work. He's a little stalled right now but it's probably because his friend just left Raytheon and came back to work with us, which means the two of them are going out to lunch frequently. And then this week, he's TDY and eating in restaurants. Although he's striving for broiled fish, salads, steamed vegetables, I'm sure there are times when he is force-fed a cookie. :lol:

The promise of rain didn't materialize. We're still dry here; yet there were areas of Dallas that had strong storms and winds with lots of homes damaged. We just can't catch a break here.

septembersgoal
09-11-2006, 11:21 PM
I think Aaron did really well today but it was accidental. ;) He was really busy today and didn't have time to eat much. I still have to look up how many points he gets per day. Of course for the most part we are just eating core suppers and he doesn't know it. :D

Katpo
09-11-2006, 11:46 PM
That's the beauty of Core -- at least for dinner! Every dinner I make is Core and Judd has no idea. Whether it's grilled fish or chicken, corn on the cob, black beans and rice, pinto beans, mashed potatoes, oven roasted potatoes, and even casseroles like whole wheat rotini with FF cheese and broccoli, or whole wheat spaghetti and chicken, broccoli, tomatoes ... he has no clue! :lol: I've even made the Core cornbread and nobody knew the difference. Talk about sneaky, huh?!?!

Tejas
09-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Vickie...are you telling me that wine is NOT core???? :D

Good night everyone!

Rhonda

ontarget
09-12-2006, 12:21 AM
melissa, i love your enthusiasm. i'm sooooo glad aaron's doing ww with you. our dance lessons are free through the women's club. non members are paying $96 per couple for the 6 week course. some country western places give free dance lessons. you might find your line dancing there. or what about a senior citizen center? i know you're not old enough (by a long long ways) but your mil might be and might be able to get you in.

cuz, wine sounds good. i'm a little tired after w a and coud use some. curtis just had a baileys and hot chocolate.

vickie, i hope your ankle is better. my toes are all right today. i need to find me some nice shoes that don't hurt them to wear to rhonda's wedding. i don't think she'll want me there dancing in my socks. curtis and i are planning to go out this coming weekend. we are even expecting some snow by this weekend.

kathy, i hope you get it all worked out soon. that has to be frustrating.

melissa,, i'm guessing aaron should eat 28 pts per day. i think that's what curtis is supposed to eat. (but he's eating many many more) he's on the treadmill right now. that should help.

p.a.
09-12-2006, 10:06 AM
Snow Sandra!! Even way up north where I am we are not expecting snow for a while yet..holy cow!!

Katpo
09-12-2006, 12:53 PM
Uh, we aren't expecting snow anytime soon either. :lol: But it IS in the low 90s, so that's a cold front for us.

I managed to get thru the night without going crazy, but I think there's too much stuff in my head right now. It's going to explode! I was glad to get to work where I could do something that will (hopefully) take my mind off of it all. My worry list, which I thought was getting short, has grown again.

On a brighter note though, I'm looking forward to my lunch. Breakfast was ick; I don't know why I can't remember that I don't like Canadian bacon. It's just too darn salty for me! I hate salt anyway and so something like this that would taste salty even to the normal person is just brutal for me. I would rather do without than eat it, so I think I'll make some potato soup and cut it up in there. I wouldn't have to add seasoning to the soup, that's for sure.

It's a quiet day in the office; seems like everybody's rundown or something. I have plenty to keep me occupied but now keep finding more stuff to goof off with. For instance, on Vistaprint there are free postcards. For the oversized ones, like I got for my journal cover, you get 50. I'm ordering them to make a department recipe book (everyone will contribute recipes). I'll take them to Kinkos for a spiral binding, which is $4 per book, and then the people will just pay $4 if they want a recipe book! Sounds simple enough ... but the hard part is choosing a design for the cover. Oh well, I'm up for the challenge. ;)

Back to work for a while. Where is everybody this morning?

Tejas
09-12-2006, 12:57 PM
Hi:

I'm loving the snow talk...people in Texas always joke about Canada being COLD..then I tell them to think about the northern and north-eastern U.S. Buffalo NY gets much more snow than Toronto does. It's getting cooler here though. It's 50F in the early mornings. We don't normally get snow until Halloween or even later.

I spent much of yesterday on the email about family matters. The short story is about how to take care of an older family member who is being manipulated by care-givers and trying to figure out how the rest of us can get more control. It's not easy, as you either know or can imagine. There's not enough wine in the universe to cope :stress: !!

Sandra, you, Curtis or anyone can dance however they want at my wedding...shoes, no shoes, socks, no socks..just dance, dance, dance!

Rhonda

Vickie
09-12-2006, 01:25 PM
Good Morning Chicks!

We were at Jim's shoulder doctor appointment. He still has inflammation and there is nothing to do about it for now except for him to continue to do his exercises, take Aleve, and ice. If it's not better in 6 weeks, then the Doctor may give him a cortisone shot to finish relieve the inflammation.

I have smoke coming out of my ears right now so I can't catch up right now. We told the pool guys they could not come without calling and could not come today at all. They were supposed to come yesterday but it poured all day. I left a reminder message at the office yesterday afternoon telling them that it would have to be Wednesday because I wasn't sure what time we'd be home today. Well, the pool guy called, we didn't answer and he came anyway. So they jumped the pool fence (which made me mad) and then took the hinges off of my shed to get to the winter cover which they hoped was in there. So what part of don't come and breaking and entering don't you get? Of course, pool guy is blaming the office and I've called two different office numbers and no one is answering. Does no one understand customer service? Grrrrrr....harumpf....and other bad words too!

I guess they aren't calling me back because of the two very mad messages I left?

I'll be back later when my blood pressure returns to normal.

ontarget
09-12-2006, 02:01 PM
well, the weather guesser is calling for snow down to around 3500 feet the end of the week. last night he kept talking about going straight from summer to winter type weather. he said there may even be a little snow mixed with rain in the valleys. our house is around 3500 feet. we live on the side of a mountain overlooking missoula valley. most folks around here are dreading winter's coming. curtis and i are anxious for it to get here. we're tired of the smoke.

sorry about talking so much about the weather. i'm feeling like i'm retaining water today. guess that's all right. i'm hoping to be down at least a pound by fri's wi. i'm doing well op. i've had about 10 waps this week so far. i need to slow down on using them.

kathy, i'm glad you're having a quiet day at work. try not to worry about things too much.

rhonda, i'm ready to dance, dance, dance. i can empathize with what you're going through now with family matters. we're in the midst, too. now where's that wine!!

vickie, i'm picturing you with smoke coming out your ears. i'd be livid, too. can you charge them for damages?

i just got home from getting my hair cut. now it's time to make lunch. i'll be back later. have a terrific tuesday, girls.

blessedwithsarah
09-12-2006, 03:23 PM
I am in much better spirits today than yesterday. :D Sarah had her first gymnastics lesson this morning after her dentist appt. It was her second dentist appt, she did let them polish her teeth this time, but not the flouride. Not too concerned, there is always next time. Her gymnastics class was so cute - 5 little 3 and 4 year olds doing the bars, trampline and balance beam. I'm glad I chose that class for her, she is going to love it. I then took her to Wendy's for lunch. I wasnt' going to have anything, but at that time it was 12:30 and I did have a small chili. I'll have to look at Dotties site to see if I can guess points. She then fell asleep on the ride home and has been down for over an hour now, I'll have another hour to myself. I love my Tuesday's home. I was supposed to go to an off site today for work, but chose to fib just a bit and told my boss my mom couldn't watch Sarah. Felt guilty for about one minute. :rolleyes:

I'm going to add to the weather discussions - I actually turned on our heat this morning. It was around 45 degress outside last night, this morning the house was about 58 --- when dd started to complain, I turned it on to 62. DH called me a whimp! Kathy, can you bottle up some of that heat and send it to me, say in January?

Rhonda and Vickie, on the wine front - isn't it a fruit?????:lol: I do enjoy my red wine.

Melissa, my dh eats most dinner that are core. Sometimes I just give him a couple of rolls if I make rice or couscous - he won't eat that. But all of our other dinner foods are core, he is none the wiser. But when I lost my weight last year, he did lose about 10 pds without knowing it. My dd also eats brown rice, whole grains, whole wheat pasta. I'm trying to stop cooking her separate meals, its going to take some time.

Who ever mentioned cola chicken, thanks for the reminder. I haven't made that for while, also the diet coke sloppy joes.

Well, off to take care of a few chores while Sarah finishes her nap. I'll go post my menu for today as well. Bye.

blessedwithsarah
09-12-2006, 03:44 PM
Just checked Dotty's -- Wendys small chili 3.5 pts. I made an EXCELLENT choice! Also, it was on the 99cent menu and was plenty for lunch. What a deal :)

ontarget
09-12-2006, 05:22 PM
paula, you did make a wise choice with the chili. congratulations.

Froufy
09-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi chickies,

Sorry no time to read posts but hope you are fine and well!

I am having a great time on board. Today is a day at sea and we are cruising to St. Thomas - I am so excited - we are going to ferry over to St. John for some gorgeous beaches and snorkelling.

I am eating like a little piggie tho - the food is outrageous - lobster tails last night, tiramisu for dessert- of course a smoked salmon appetizer and pumpkin soup! I have also discovered a new love for sushi (and awaiting the 5 pm opening of the sushi bar as we speak).

Tonight is past guest party - I get to dress up and have more FREE drinks, appetizers and mingle with my new friends.

I am hanging out w/cruisemate Andrea - my new buddy Ray from Las Vegas (he is a hoot and we are having a blast) - and 2 ladies from Montreal at our table, 2 ladies from Toronto and Mike from CHICAGO!

I am exhausted as I am trying to squeeze everything in - dinner is from 8:30 til almost 10:15 - then the show 10:30 to 11:30 - then late night comedy (midnight to 1 am) - then a visit to see Ron pass in the piano bar (www.ronpass.com). A full day - and I am not sleeping too well cuz I am too excited. We are also experiencing some rolls due to the swells on the ocean so I am walking like a drunk frouf.

Sending wishes to all of you - wish you were here!:D :D :D Don't want to come home!

Frouf cruising the North Atlantic!

ontarget
09-12-2006, 06:12 PM
vickie, i was downstairs watching tv when i realized i hadn't answered your post about dancing. when did you do dance competitions? were you an adult? i am very very very impressed. what kinds of dancing did you do? i'll bet you had a lot of fun--and i know you got a lot of exercise.

frouf's having a great time, isn't she? that makes me smile.

Vickie
09-12-2006, 07:51 PM
Ok.....the smoke has cleared a bit but I'm still darned grumpy. The pool company never called me back. Maybe because I left 3 VERY grumpy and detailed messages!

Patti, we won't have snow for a long time yet either. It's really weird here right now. Normally by now we are starting to get cool and crisp. Instead it's damp and muggy. Spring weather instead of Fall. Very weird.

Kathy, Jim and I are salt abusers. Maybe I should get myself some canadian bacon! ;) :D So now in your spare time your doing an office cookbook. Dear Lord Girl, can you just not rest? Are you hyper in person? I'm now picturing you as someone who can't sit still. I'm surprised you can sit at a computer all day long. Or....maybe that's why you have so much energy to run around when you get home. It's all pent up or something. Hey BTW, GF....you are in charge of sweeping Detroit. I think you start playing them tonight. I'm counting on you!

Rhonda, I'm sorry you have all those caregiver issues. It is SO hard. My Mom suffered with Alzheimer's for about 9 years and it was tragic. Fortunately, she realized what was happening and put my name on her home and gave me Power of Attorney for all matters, legal and medical. I'm the youngest but I was home with her after my Dad died and we were friends. She trusted me to do the right thing by her. It really is a huge trust issue for older people. That and the fact that they don't wish to give up their independence for as long as they can. I hope it all works out for the best for you. BTW, sorry....wine is not Core but thank God for WPA's, huh?!!! :carrot:

Sandra, I hate the thought of you having snow already but it might be a worthwhile exchange to get rid of the smoke and fires. I was a young adult when I competed...probably around 1981 so I would have been 25. I mostly competed in Rhumba and Waltz. I really had a ball and it was truly great exercise. I know I was eating horribly in those days and really never gained any weight. It's really great that you came up with some indoor exercise that you enjoy. I never even thought of it as exercise. Hmmm....I wonder if I could convince Jim. Too bad it's so expensive here.

Paula, I would loved to have seen you DD in her class. I'm sure they were all just adorable. I'm glad you're feeling better today. It's tough to stay on program when you don't feel great. Great job on chosing the chili. That's making the best of a bad situation. I'll have to remember that. I always liked Wendy's chili. Can you still get it with beans? I haven't been in any fast food place except Chipotle's in over two years.

Frouf, I am SOOOOOO excited for you and happy that you are having such a great time! I must know where Mike is from in Chicago. You know Southside/Northside......Sox Fan/Cub Fan. I've never tried it but I think sushi must be pretty darned near Core. Have fun Frouf. We miss you. And....I'm also glad that Andrea is turning out to be a great travel partner.

Well Jim went to Chipotle to pick up our food. I'm going to go make myself a small bit of brown rice now. I probably won't be back until morning.

Tejas
09-12-2006, 09:03 PM
Hi All:

I went to two interesting lectures today as part of the course I'm involved in. They were both about nutrition. I learned that the part of the nutrition label that is on most foods now and gives you the percentage needed for daily intake is unreliable. In the U.S. the percentages were established in the 1960's for young men and they have not been changed. In Canada, the recommendations are from the 1980's. SO, don't trust them.

The other thing I learned is a lot more complicated but essentially it is this: diabetes and most cardiovascular disease can be prevented/"cured" by diet to at least the same extent as the use of statins. The research has been done by Dr. David Jenkins, here at U of Toronto, with others. It requires radical diet changes that perhaps most people won't do. But, basically it is a diet of nuts, fruit and vegetables, soy products and whole grains.

The research subjects had to eat 5.5 Kg of food each day which was another problem with compliance to the diet. They are continuing to refine the research with more subjects, etc. You might be able to find references to the research by using his name on the internet.

Years ago, a physician named Pritiken claimed the same thing, with a similar diet, exercise and meditation. I didn't get the chance to ask Dr. Jenkins about this, but I assume it is similar. Dr. Jenkins is the person who did the basic research behind the glycemic index diet...that is, he developed the index which others converted into diets and recipes.

I doubt that most of us and the ones we love will make such radical changes but it's fascinating to know that such diseases can be so affected by diet.

Have a good night everyone...

Rhonda

Katpo
09-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Rhonda, I'm looking that up. I'm a firm believer in the Sugar Busters plan and also believe that Type II diabetes is preventable (or make that, could have been prevented) with the proper diet earlier. My family has an extensive history of diabetes and so that's why I really pay close attention. If any of you have never looked at Sugar Busters, you should. It is pretty much Core, minus white potatoes and plus nuts. :lol:

I just now got home. Vickie, I just have to laugh at your comments! I don't think of myself as busy, just as doing stuff all the time. I've never been much of a sitter, which is why I was underweight for 40 years until I started taking all sorts of wacky medicines. Thank you, modern doctors!

I missed my lunch today because I was squirreling around doing other stupid stuff, so was REALLY hungry on the way home. I needed to go to the grocery store to restock the carrots, dill dip (love that stuff and I totally blame you, Vickie, because I can't find the FF and have to count 2 pts for regular), FF cottage cheese and tuna. Then I bought some gas for $2.25 a gallon! I was SO excited! It was really $2.35 but with my Tom Thumb Reward card I got an extra 10 cents off because I shop there so much. Spend money to save money, I guess. I came home and saw that Erin wasn't here (I think she has an evening lab tonight) so I went to Taco Bueno and got MexiDips and Chips for myself and a chicken quesadilla for her. I'll give her my chips and eat my beans and guac with a fork along with some sliced tomatoes that I already had.

Now I need to check email and make sure the dogs are sufficiently pottied. I also should wash/dry/straighten my hair tonight but that's still out for a vote.

Now, Frouf ... I heard something the other day that I think you should totally consider. It was on Snopes (I was looking up something else) and read about an old lady who lived on a cruise ship instead of going to a nursing home. It was cheaper, the food was good, the room was small but hey, who stays there much anyway? -- she got to see shows and meet new people, travel ... what's not to like?

Okay, found it. Here you go:

http://www.snopes.com/travel/trap/retire.asp

So cool, huh?

I'm off to eat and watch House on TiVo. I love that show.

Tejas
09-12-2006, 10:27 PM
I've already said "good night" but I'm back to brag. I was so lethargic but decided to put on the exercise DVD's. I did the WW one at high intensity then one mile with WATP.

NOW, I'm ready for bed :yawn:

Rhonda

Vickie
09-13-2006, 12:35 AM
Way to go, Rhonda! I wish my ankle would get better so I could exercise too.

Kathy, I'm more and more interested in the glycemic index. I just bought the new Prevention book. Jim is controlling his type II primarily with diet. I was counting on the Rangers. They let me down.

Hey speaking of baseball.....what happened to Stacey....and Niki?

ontarget
09-13-2006, 12:48 AM
vickie, i'll bet you did have a great time doing ballroom dancing. lessons here cost $96 per couple for 6 weeks. curtis and i get to go free as part of my women's club membership. (thank goodness!)

rhonda, that's very interesting. it's amazing that our bodies will still work on some of the junk we put into them. can you imagine what would happen if we put chocolate syrup in a car's gas tank? our bodies are amazing.

kathy, i'll bet you never lived to eat like a lot of us do. i wish i were that way.

rhonda, i did more exercise tonight, too. i got to w a early and added an additional 40 min. i'm tired now and am ready to call it a day. i'm proud of you for doing so much exercise tonight after working all day. that's impressive.

night night, chickies.

Katpo
09-13-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey, girlies! Whoa, I'm late checking in today! As soon as I got to work, I started doing a few things and just realized I hadn't come here first. Shame on me!

Not much to report; nothing's different since last night, anyway! Hope everybody's doing fine. Sorry about the Rangers loss last night, Vickie ... we'll try harder tonight.

Vickie
09-13-2006, 10:53 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I just got up. There was a horrific storm that came through here between 3:45 and 4:30. I was awake during it and then fell back to sleep until 8:00. Wow...there was tons of rain. I'm not sure why it keeps missing Montana and Texas. It would really have cleansed anyone's air. It's still cloudy and gray here. I swear, it's more like Spring here than Fall!

Jim wants me to go have my ankle xrayed. I'm trying to hold off on that. I'm SO tired of Doctor stuff. I just think it is a realy horrible sprain. I can feel a couple of tender spots so I'm thinking it's not broken? Anywho....my weight is NOT going down since I can't exercise. I guess I'll try to cut back the food a little bit to compensate. I threw away some of my Chipotle last night. That was a real NSV for me.

I think I'm pretty caught up but I'll go read to see what I missed last night.

Vickie
09-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Sandra, you are being so great about your exercise. That's what is primarily going to get you to your goal. Good for you!

Wow....you all were NOT chatting last night.

Good Morning, Kath. Boy oh boy do we need you to take the next two. The thing is that we need to be winning our own games and we are not doing that. How sad if last year's World Champions don't even make it into the playoffs. I haven't given up hope on the Wildcard yet. That's where you come in!

Have a great Wednesday girls. I'll be checking back. I'm not sure if we are going out today.

Vickie
09-13-2006, 10:59 AM
Sandra, I just reread your post and I wanted to acknowledge myself as a "Live to Eat" girl! My BIL is an "Eat to Live" guy. My Sister and I just don't get him at all.

aghiowa
09-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Morning all! I'm feeling a bit better, although still pretty dizzy. I ended up getting some Bonine (like Dramamine) and that really helped with the nausea.

My eating has not been perfect, but it could have been a lot worse.

I need to go grocery shopping today...but I need to rest up for that first. :)

Later,
Angela

Vickie
09-13-2006, 02:06 PM
Angela, is this all from your sinus trouble or is something else going on? I hope you feel better soon.

We have a lot of flooding going on here on the southside. It's almost as bad as no rain. Jim and I, thankfully, are high and dry.

Vickie
09-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Bummer....no one here for me to play with and I can't come back later. I have to go change my menu. I don't feel like making cornmeal chicken today so I'm making it tomorrow instead. Today will be Core meat sauce over rotini.

Ok...I'm off to change my menu and work on my budget some more.

aghiowa
09-13-2006, 03:50 PM
Vickie, I'm thinking I have some kind of virus that's affecting my inner ears...I don't think it's caused by my sinus infections, although it probably can't be helping any. I stopped taking my steroid nasal spray a while back, and actually, I feel better. I read on the spray's website that it shouldn't be taken while you have any type of infection, because it can decrease your body's ability to fight it. The Doctor never told me that! so I was blithley taking it along with my antibiotics, wondering why I wasn't feeling better. Sigh. I have my appt with the nose dr next Tuesday, so I will bring all this up with him in hopes I can get it all straightned out. I'm just so sick and tired of being sick and tired all the time. :)

I am, however, enjoying the day...I am currently making homemade bread. I think it'll be tasty - it's a whole grain loaf, with regular flour, whole wheat flour, rye flour, oats, toasted wheat germ, honey and cornmeal. Yum. Hope it works.

Later,
Angela

ontarget
09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
hi there. we got up around 11 this am. we both took tylenol pm to help us sleep. curtis' shoulder is hurting so we're going to the doctor in a bit. i think he hurt it yesterday. it's his left. both are artificial so it really scares us when something's not right.

kathy, tell those rangers to get with it. there's no reason for them to not win.

vickie, i agree with jim. go get it x-rayed. it may be something that could be helped with a doctor's care. there's no reason to suffer. curtis and i both "live to eat." now aren't we a pitiful bunch of folks? i guess we were well-trained for this both by others but mainly by ourselves. oh, well, that's something else we get to work on changing, isn't it?

angela, you've been down quite a bit lately. i hope you're feeling better fast.

everyone have a great day. i'll be back later. i am planning to go to w a if we are finished with x-rays, etc...

Tejas
09-13-2006, 07:06 PM
About sprained ankles...I badly sprained my right one about 5 years ago. (Missed the bottom step on the stairs while carrying laundry down to the washer.) The MD said I would have been better off if I had broken it because THAT they can fix. Take very good care of it...see a physio if you can..they often know more than MDs about what kinds of exercises to do.

Ouch, Sandra...two artificial shoulders! I'm going to sit right here and count ALL of my blessings :luck:

I'll get some exercise tonight somehow! Spent most of the day sitting on my tush!

Tejas
09-13-2006, 07:07 PM
oops...didn't do the new smilie correctly

it's not :luck: it's "lucky"

:lucky:

ontarget
09-13-2006, 08:33 PM
rhonda, that's a cute smiley. did you get in some exercise? i was wrong about curtis' appt with the doctor. it was an hour later than i'd thought, so i went to w a for the 1:15-2:15 class. that class isn't as difficult as the 4:30 ones are but it gave me a good enough workout.

i am going to ww in the am to wi instead of waiting till fri. we're hoping that we can get out into the hills fri after the cool spell comes in tonight/tomorrow.

Katpo
09-13-2006, 09:12 PM
The MD said I would have been better off if I had broken it because THAT they can fix.
:rofl:

Uh, no. I think he might have been trying to make you feel better. I broke mine in March and still ... nearly six months later ... the bottom of my foot is still numb, I have no range of motion, and can't walk correctly. My surgeon said it would be at least a year before I'm back to normal.

aghiowa
09-13-2006, 10:20 PM
I think it depends on how you break it... Kathy, you have to do everything ALL the way. :lol: Most breaks aren't that bad, and I've also heard a bad sprain takes longer to heal. You, of course, are the exception. :hug:

Angela

Katpo
09-13-2006, 10:51 PM
Are you saying I'm extra clumsy or an over-achiever? :rofl:

I guess you're right, it wasn't a normal break. Since it included a break and dislocation and nerve damage, PLUS a sprain, it must be the sprain that's causing the ongoing misery. The bone has healed (although I swear that screw is trying to back out because there's a new knot on the back of my foot) so now we wait on the nerves and sprain.

I have great sympathy for people whose foot or feet hurt. We HAVE to have them to get around, ya know!

Tejas
09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Ouch...and I think that my feet hurt...once again, gotta count those blessings....maybe you hurt it so badly because you are doing so much rofl-ing!? :wink:

Sandra, I got in some exercise but not much..just walked a couple of miles today across campus and back and here and there. Couldn't cope with WATP tonight!

Night all...

Tejas
09-13-2006, 11:29 PM
meant ;)

what's my problem with the smilies today???

Katpo
09-14-2006, 12:16 AM
Okay, Vickie -- how about that win? And what about Gary Matthews Jr. having that cycle? Just the third Ranger in the history of the club to do it.

Our former Governor, Ann Richards, passed away tonight. It's pretty sad -- she was the first (and only) woman governor. When our company was still Hughes Training, Judd took her for a ride in one of our simulators. It was one of the ones that we developed that had different commercial applications: roller coaster, space shuttle ride, etc. This thing used to travel to different movie theaters.

I got another letter from Shaun today PLUS a phone call this afternoon! He said he's having a great time, it's not hard and nobody gets in your face unless you mess up (and he hasn't yet), and he's eating a whole lot and just really sounded good. I was very relieved. His only glitch is the security clearance and his recent credit report. He explained all the bad stuff, and told them that he would be making arrangements to get it all paid off (like that car he wrecked at Christmas where he got burned ... remember that? UGH!) and hopefully it'll all be okay. He said he was worried about it. I went and talked to our security person and asked him a few questions. He seemed to think there was a chance it might work out okay.

Oh and graduation is Oct. 20. I'm not making arrangements until the week before just to make sure nothing happens. Vickie, I'll keep checking with you to see what's happening with you and Jim that weekend. I'm not sure if Judd's coming with me or not. If he can't, I'm trying to talk my friend and coworker into coming along. Shaun put her name on the access list just in case.

And that's all I know! Oh Rhonda, my husband ran over me with the golfcart. I wasn't rofl-ing then, I can assure you!

ontarget
09-14-2006, 01:09 AM
hi, chickies. i'm still up but curtis is already in bed asleep. i'm waiting up to see the weather guesser tell us again about the cool weather, rain, and snow that's coming our way. the smoke should be leaving with the summer temperatures and fall should be here. that is unless winter comes here first.

rhonda, walking 2 miles is quite a bit. i don't think i could face watp tonight either. i was going to send you an email tonight, but i'm on the puter that's downstairs. i don't have your e addy on this one and i'm too lazy to walk up the stairs again tonight.

ya'll add me to the sore tootsie group. i definitely qualify.

kathy, i liked ann richards, too. that's neat that judd got to spend some time with her. i always admired her wit. she was our 2nd lady governor of texas. remember ma ferguson? (she was before my time, too.) she was governor 2 different terms. sounds like shaun's doing well. i know you were glad to hear from him.

well, the news is on, and the weather should be coming up soon. i just heard the newscaster talking about it. yes, the weather is the big news up here right now. i have known the news this time of year to be about "how to manage with bears in town."

i'll talk to ya'll tomorrow after i get home from wi. night night.

Tejas
09-14-2006, 08:08 AM
Good Morning:

For those of you who don't know, Ann Richards was a feisty, in-your-face, funny and irreverent, "take no prisoners" kind of woman. Regardless of your political party choice, we have lost a heroine. OK, today NO empty calories. "One day at a time" in honor of Ann, who was "in recovery" much of her adult life.

Rhonda

blessedwithsarah
09-14-2006, 09:54 AM
Morning all. Work has been crazy this week, really cutting into my on-line time!;) Boy, you'd think they expected me to actually work.....

Eating has been good this week. I weighed myself this moringing and I'm back in the 170's -- 179, I'll be updating my ticker. WOO HOO:carrot: WW at work is starting next week -- I'll pay for the 12 week session, I think I can get some money back once I wi at less than 176 clothed. The 179 was naked before my shower.

Kathy, sounds like your son is in the service, what branch?

Well, go to run. I'll check in later.

sisvivian
09-14-2006, 10:08 AM
Hi everybody,
I haven't been around for awhile, quit going to WW and gained 9#, so rejoined last week and my meeting is tomorrow. Started reading Body for Life for Women and walked yesterday for 30 minutes and today I did the ex. bike for 20 minutes and then walked for 30 minutes. I have not exercised for 50 minutes straight since I started WW, am hoping this will get me past my plateau
Vivian

Katpo
09-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Paula, he's in Navy basic training right now, in Great Lakes, IL. He's had a hard road but looks like things might be looking up.

And, Sandra ... you are so right! I had forgotten about Ma Ferguson. And Rhonda, AMEN, Sista! Regardless of politics, Ann was bigger than life and funny as all get out! I loved listening to her, and that campaign with Clayton Williams was unforgettable. You never knew what either one of them was going to say! Clayton could have probably won if he had sewn his mouth shut, but I think Texas is much better off having had Ann in office than him. She did so much, SO MUCH, in her four years. I liked her as a person.

I'm out of the 143s and back in the 144s, so more water is in store for today.

Vivian, welcome back!

ontarget
09-14-2006, 03:55 PM
hi there. i went to wi today and lost 1.8 lbs. that makes about 26 now. my next door neighbor may join me at w a today. life is good.

rhonda, ann richards was always one of my favorite women, too. i saw her on tv one time on a motorcycle. you're right--she was feisty. i like your idea about no empty calories. i need to cut down on mine.

paula, i'm glad you'll have ww at work. and congratulations on being back in the 170's.

:welcome: back, vivian. i'm proud of you for rejoining before you gained any more weight. you did better at that than i did. it's good to see you back here.

kathy, i had forgotten about clayton williams. i am almost in tears laughing right now. what a hoot!!

blessedwithsarah
09-14-2006, 04:16 PM
Congratulations on the loss Sandra! :woo:

You seem to be doing really well. Its amazing how the program works when you stick to it!

ontarget
09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
thanks, paula. you're right. it does work.

Katpo
09-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Sandra and Rhonda, I thought you both might enjoy seeing this picture.

septembersgoal
09-14-2006, 09:49 PM
Well HELLO girls! Here I am! :cp:
I'm catching up with you all and listening to a PC dvd right now. I guess I need to change my signature...I found out that I'm not allowed to link to my website on a public site. So if anyone wants to do any shopping through my website you'll have to pm or email me. Oh well!!
I've been so very busy. Between work, school, and pampered chef life is a little nuts right now. But I'm really enoying PC, and enjoying all the free/discounted stuff too. ;) I actually want to go clean out my kitchen a little tonight. I'm getting rid of a lot of stuff that I just don't need because the PC stuff is so much better/more versatile. It's nice.

Vickie, I hope that your ankle is feeling better. If not, I hope that you go and get it checked out!

Angela, I hope that you are feeling better too. How did your bread turn out?

Sandra, :bravo: gf!! You're more weight loss hero. :D

Kathy, Sometimes I remember all of the drama that you've had in life and I quit complaining real quick. :) I hope that you're having a good day.

Well girls I need to get back to doing some stuff around the house. DH is gone to practice with a band and I want to get some things done so that I won't be "working" all weekend.

I'll check back in a little while!

ontarget
09-14-2006, 09:57 PM
hi, chickies. it's almost time for survivor so thiswill be short.

kathy, thank you for sharing the photo. she was quite a lady.

melissa, i hope you have a good month with pc. nobody is more enthusiastic about selling for them than you are. thanks for the compliment. i'm still working the plan and the plan's working.

rhonda, i'll miss you tomorrow. have fun!!

gotta go. night night.

Katpo
09-14-2006, 10:03 PM
Melissa, why don't you put something in your profile that says Pampered Chef consultant? Like in either occupations or other information, or wherever it you think it would be best.

I ate everything in sight today. You think I'm kidding? No, this morning I declared this "eat whatever you want today" day. So for breakfast, I had a coke, some Fritos, and cheese crackers. Later I had another coke. For lunch, I had a very big cheeseburger with everything on it, and onion rings. I ate most of it. Then I had a Dr Pepper.

So tonight I'm not hungry, go figure! I weighed just to see the damage, and it's only 145.4. Hopefully by morning I'll be in 144.x land, back where I was this morning. And tomorrow I won't be a piggy.

Tejas
09-14-2006, 10:15 PM
Yes, thanks for that picture of Ann.

I'm taking a few days off beginning tomorrow so I won't be around over the next few days. Wish me luck because there are going to be food and drink temptations everywhere!!! I'm not gonna make that two-week challenge ;)

Rhonda

septembersgoal
09-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Thanks Kathy, that's a good idea. And your eating sounds very yummy today. :lol:

Have a great night everyone! I'm off to either do something productive or rest...hmmm...we'll see. :D

Katpo
09-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Good morning! Checking in during a little break between tasks -- my coworker is out today for some reason so it's all me. So far, the only people who have come to me this morning had things for me to fix that SHE had screwed up yesterday. Sigh ...

We have a ballgame tonight and I have packed my cooler. I have apples, purple grapes, Triscuits, and a 1/2 peanut butter sandwich. We'll walk since it's only a block away from work.

The scale this morning was the same as yesterday morning. I was glad to see that the feeding frenzy didn't cause any problems.

Ack. Gotta go ...

Vickie
09-15-2006, 11:13 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I was SO busy yesterday I couldn't stay long to post. I did notice it was pretty slow, though. I've got to run since we have company coming or lunch today and then errands this afternoon. I'll try to come back later.

I hope you are all well and on program. I'm trying but I'm really not interested in trying hard....maybe because of my ankle. I'm not eating badly just not very enthusiastic.

sisvivian
09-15-2006, 12:09 PM
I have changed my weigh in to Friday morning since they changed my schedule at work and I am not off on Friday nights anymore. So I walked to weigh in this morning and I am down 6#. So glad to see the scale going in the right direction
Vivian

blessedwithsarah
09-15-2006, 03:52 PM
Happy Friday everyone - only 2 hours left to the work week! :carrot:

I'm happy to report the scale was still 179 this morning, I was a bit nervous that the drop may have been just one of those low mornings. But its not. I'm happy. There are already 17 people signed up for our WW at work session for next week - we need 15 to have it. I'm hoping to be reallygood and be closer to 176 by then. I know the leader will not have me pay if I'm at 178 or below - I think its easier on her if I don't pay and they try for a refund. We have to pay the 12 weeks up front and I will get a refund when I'm back below 176 (my official goal is 174). Not to set my goals too far ahead, but I really would like to get into the 160's, even for a day :D

The rain is slowing down a bit, its been rainy for the past 2 days. Sunday we are off to a flea market for the day - it should be sunny and close to 80. The leaves are all starting to change and its getting cool - I love fall in New England.

Vivian :balloons: Congratulations on the 6 pd loss. Is that for a week? Regardless, what a great loss.

Vickie - sorry your ankle is not better. Did you go to the Dr?

Take car all, I'll check in later.

septembersgoal
09-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Wow what a slow day!! What's up my chickie friends??

Kathy, sorry you had such a busy day. What kind of ballgame are you going to tonight?

Vickie, I'm sorry that you're feeling kind of down. I hope that you've had a good day.

Paula, Congrats!! I haven't seen 179 for about 4 years...that would be nice! :) It's always great to see something two days in a row.

Vivian, glad to see you back here! Congrats on such a great loss!!

I just got home from work so I'm going to find something for supper. I hope that you all have great nights!!

ontarget
09-15-2006, 06:34 PM
congratulations, vivian. that's an amazing loss.

sounds like everyone is busy having fun. enjoy yourselves. we're smiling ear to ear cuz of the rain and temps that are falling. look at my temp thingee. i could sit out on the swing bundled in a blanket and watch it rain all day. life is good.

septembersgoal
09-15-2006, 06:53 PM
Whoa, 46! What a change Sandra!

ontarget
09-15-2006, 08:42 PM
we're really enjoying this weather. it's snowing right now up in the foothills around missoula.

septembersgoal
09-15-2006, 11:53 PM
Wow, still slow!!

Sandra, I'm so, SO impressed with your 173. I'm coming after you gf. ;)

septembersgoal
09-15-2006, 11:55 PM
Oh I meant to tell you all about my new goal. Yes, another. :rolleyes:
I've decided that being overweight is definitely not helping my chances of getting pregnant. I read today that 11% of infertility cases are due to the woman being overweight. So I'm making a goal (a very attainable goal I think) to lose 10 pounds by the end of October. So that's why it's a Halloween/Baby-Making goal. :D

Katpo
09-16-2006, 01:42 AM
I agree, Melissa -- 10 pounds in 7 weeks is totally do-able. I know you can do it!

We went to the Rangers game ... it was alright. I've gone to quite a few this year and it wasn't as good as lots of the others, however it's nearing the end of the season. I think we have one more, maybe two, that we'll go to and that'll be it for the year.

I have to get up at 6 and leave by 6:30 to get to work by 7. The exterminator is coming for the quarterly treatment tomorrow at 3, so I have to leave work by 2:30 at the latest to get home in time. Since Judd's back, I'll be able to work the longer hours next week. I got a huge chunk of work today to add to the huge chunk I already had, so there's plenty to keep me busy.

Okay, I'm going to bed now. If I don't, I'll be miserable tomorrow. Nighty night.

Vickie
09-16-2006, 09:04 AM
Good Morning Chicks! WOW....Jim and I have been mega busy over the last two days. I can barely remember what's been going on! My ankle still hurts but I've been icing it at night and I believe it's helping. It just must be a terrible strain. I know exactly when I did it too....jumping up and down in the pool like a maniac.

Today is supposed to be a quiet day. I think we are going out for dinner since we have not done so this week. We went out to lunch yesterday with our good friend. He got here at 11:30 and didn't go home until 3:00. We had a nice lunch and then just had LO cornmeal chicken for dinner. We tried to catch up on TV last night since we are pretty far behind on our DVR because of all of our "socializing". I've also been spending a lot of time on the phone with my Sister because her computer died. She can't really afford another one so I've been researching Dell systems for her.

Jim is still sleeping. I've fed and watered the pup and now I'm going to go catch up with all of you.

Vickie
09-16-2006, 09:20 AM
Well, you all must have been as busy as me yesterday!!!! I don't think it has ever been this quiet around here.

Kathy, it's so disappointing to go to a ballgame and have it be a bit lame. How was your eating? It certainly seemed as if you were well prepared. Sox fans are so tense here right now that we can barely stand it. I think it would be cool to walk to the ballpark. Around the Cell is all residential and some of those folks have been walking to the ball park for decades. I remember the days of having to clean up behind incompetent coworkers. It stinks! I hope your management staff at least appreciates you for what you do. So you must be at work already. What a trouper!

Vivian, :welcome3: back and congratulations on that spectacular loss! I need to lose about 5 pounds real quick to get me going in the right direction. I didn't have any starch yesterday but the scale still hasn't moved.

Paula, :carrot: I'm happy for you that you remain in the 170's! I wish I was 6 inches taller. Then I'd only have 100 pounds to lose! :rofl: Your trip to the flea market on Sunday sounds fun. I haven't been to one in years. I'm trying not to go to the Doctor but I will if I can't resolve this soon. I'm pretty sure it isn't broken but what do I know! :o

Melissa, I'm sorry I missed you. What did you end up having for supper last night? Do you have a lot of PC things planned for the weekend? Speaking of PC, would you please pm me your website link? I didn't save it in my favorites because I thought it would always be in your signature. I'll be ready soon to place an order. Good luck on your baby making/weight loss goal. You know we'll all help whatever way we can!

Sandra, holy cow....this morning your tracker is on 40 degrees! Amazing since you were so hot just days ago. I'm very relieved for you guys that the air is clearing. I'm sure that would have killed me. We can't even use our fireplace. I think there's a problem with the flue and I get a bit of smoke in here and it bothers my lungs immediately.

Ok, I'll go make a menu thread. I hope to be back later although I'll probably run to Walmart since I didn't make it there yesterday.

Vickie
09-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Frouf....enjoy the last day of your cruise. Even I can't believe how fast it went!

Katpo
09-16-2006, 10:30 AM
I guess the game was okay despite it being so lame; it's still such a nice park and we have fun even when there's really nothing going on down on the field. My eating was good. I can easily resist ballpark food.

Scale was down .2 this morning. I swear these 143s are the hardest things to shake! :lol:

Vickie
09-16-2006, 10:34 AM
I can't resist the koshers at the Cell. They are the best anywhere that I've found. Of course, once you add the sauerkraut they become Core! ;) Congrats on still being down this morning.

I'm off to eat breakfast now.

blessedwithsarah
09-16-2006, 02:49 PM
Hi all. Glad to report the scale was still at 179. I'm very happy with that. Its almost 2:00 here - my house is clean, grocery shopping is done, 2 of my 3 errands were run and dd is now napping. I'll have a couple of hours (hopefully) to relax. I just finished an old Barbara Taylor Bradford book -- The Women in his life. Wonderful read. I need to start a new book. My MIL and I send books back and forth, she just sent up a whole bag she picked up at a library book sale. I now feel like I have my own library. She and I have hte same tastes so I know I'll enjoy them all. I think I'll start "Texas Rich" next. Anyone read it?

Not much else to do today - it ended up being a wonderfully sunny day, around 80's. Feels warm after the cool days we had last week.

Off to post my menu for the day. Take care everyone.

blessedwithsarah
09-16-2006, 02:56 PM
Forgot to mention my NSV from last night -- for dinner I had planned on lamb chops. They were still frozen so DH suggested Pizza. We ordered from Dominos --dd wanted some carrots too, so she and I had carrot sticks on our plates. I then decided I didn't really want to blow the great week I've been having by eating bacon and beef pizza. SOOO I made a bowl of tomato soup, had that with my carrots and ONE SMALL piece of cheese pizza. I was very happy with that -- if I didn't have the soup I would have easily had that one piece along with 2 of the large bacon and beef.

Yeah for me!

ontarget
09-16-2006, 03:15 PM
hi, chickies. it's a wonderfully drizzly day. we're watching everything green up and look healthy again. i went to w a this am. there were a lot of ladies there. sure was fun.

kathy, i'm glad you got to go to the ranger game. even if it was lame, i'll bet you had fun.

vickie, it is slow here, isn't it? i'm glad you're back here today. i missed you.
i'm trying to cut down on starches, too. that seems to help a lot.

melissa, i just saw your sig a few minutes ago. i'm getting excited for you and aaron--and for all the cyber aunties, too. you can lose those 10 by halloween. just stay focused. i got a phone call 2 nights ago from an ex-student. we talked almost 2 hours. while we were chatting, i told her about you. ya'll are the same age. also, i think you're a lot alike. she joined 3fc yesterday, and may check into coming here. i hope she does.

paula, congratulations on that great nsv. you're a focused chickie.

Katpo
09-16-2006, 04:01 PM
Home from work now -- the exterminator guy should be here in about an hour. Judd has already gone to the TCU/Texas Tech game; not sure when he'll ever get back home. This is a big game and although it starts at 4:30, he left around noon. What EV! :lol:

Sandra, that's so cool that you keep up with former students! I was glad to see that. Does she still live around here?

Erin was supposed to be off today but the dufus next door is powerwashing his house, so she might have gone and gotten a hotel room. Wouldn't blame her if she did -- her room is on that side. She could have gone into one of the other bedrooms upstairs but if it's not up to her standard of clean, she won't even touch the doorknob. She's a Vickie-in-training. ;)

And it looks like I'm on my own for dinner, so I need to figure out something good.

septembersgoal
09-16-2006, 04:56 PM
I'll bbl to catch up but just thought I'd poke my head in here and tell Vickie that I got some postcards today from Vistaprint. I ordered them as "thank yous" for my pc customers. They are really, really nice. Very good quality and look beautiful. I just thought you might like to know! If anyone wants to order anything they send me emails for free stuff all the time and I can forward the email to you.

ontarget
09-16-2006, 06:20 PM
kathy, this ex and i have always been very close. probably because we're so much alike. she lives in ft worth and is teaching in a nearby town. my son is at the tcu/ttu game today. he's down on the sidelines with his camera. if you'd like, i can e you some photos when he sends them to me.

hi there melissa. i like your tracker/sig. you know i need to copy you and go make me one that's cuter than what i have now. how are you doing with your challenge? okay, podna?

Katpo
09-16-2006, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure if Judd took a camera or not -- he just called and they were on campus, had already parked and were walking around. He went with two guys; the one he usually hangs around with and then another guy we work with who used to play for TCU. We visit with him and his wife frequently (they live in Carrollton). I don't know when to expect them home but am not holding my breath that I'll see them today.

Just found out that BIL/SIL from Colorado Springs were in D.C. this weekend, have a layover in Dallas tomorrow, so we're all going (me, Judd, MIL, FIL) out to the airport tomorrow to have lunch.

I'm now trying to campaign hard for Judd to go to Chicago with me for graduation. We'll have to figure out what to do with the dogs -- probably Kate could take Precious for the weekend, Bindy would be okay at home, and Zuki could go to Grandma/Grandpa's in Fort Worth. Sounds like a plan, anyway. I think we could have a good time. We would leave Thursday afternoon and probably come back on Sunday or Monday. Vickie, did I already tell you that graduation is Oct. 20? Just wondering...

I should go to the store soon. I have to get work snacks, and a few things for us. It's going to be a loooong night, so I might as well settle in with TLC and get comfy.

Katpo
09-16-2006, 07:12 PM
Sandra and Rhonda, I just signed the online guestbook for Ann Richards and thought that you might want to see and/or sign it too.

http://www.legacy.com/dfw/GB/GuestbookEntry.aspx?&PersonID=19208576

ontarget
09-16-2006, 07:15 PM
thanks, kathy. rhonda's not home right now. she's off for a few days.

septembersgoal
09-16-2006, 10:25 PM
Hi gals!

Paula, :bravo: on your scale and NSV!! You're doing great.

Sandra, thank you!! I made a cute tracker, now let's see if I can make it GO somewhere!! You're tracker is cute because it says that you are in the 170's!!!!!! You just up and left me in the dust. Look at how close to the 160's you are!! I hadn't thought about that. You're doing so awesome, I'm so proud of you. I'm coming for you! ;) Oh and I hope that I get to "meet" your ex-student here on the boards!

Kathy, I hope that you are enjoying your peaceful evening and that you're taking lots of time to enjoy the quiet! What did you find for dinner? :D Have fun with the family tomorrow. That's neat that you'll get to see them again so soon.

Vickie, it's so good to see you posting and "sounding" like your old self. I know you're still hurting but it seems like you're in better spirits. Of course we love you even when you aren't in good spirits. :D I haven't done much with PC this weekend, though I should be closing a show (hopefully tomorrow) that is over $500 in sales. It's a good start for my new business!

Speaking of that DH and I were talking tonight about where we would like to be in 5 years. We're thinking of buying a couple of acres of land and getting his parents to build on it with us. They are 20 years older than my parents and it would be so great to have them next door. We'll see about that!! But it's nice to plan and dream.

ontarget
09-16-2006, 10:33 PM
melissa, you and dh are very smart to make a 5 year plan.

i never found a new tracker, so i'm sticking with the old one. i hope i'm in the 160's soon. i go to the doctor next wed with my ww card to show him how i'm doing. i think he'll be pleased.

come on, girl! i'm ready for you to get here, too. this isn't a race, but we should do this together.

septembersgoal
09-16-2006, 10:36 PM
We were on each other's tails for so long, then you took off and I went backwards! :lol: I'm really happy for your success though. It inspires me. I can't believe you're so close to 160's. I remember when you (and I) were stuck in the 90's. Your doctor should be pleased...you should get a sticker or something. :)
And no, it's not a race...but for pete's sake I'm still at the starting line!!!

septembersgoal
09-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Wow, everyone's little egg is lit up!! What's everybody doing? :D We should chat!

Vickie
09-16-2006, 10:57 PM
I've been online all day. Most of the time I spent helping my Sister/BIL build their new computer at Dell. Then they took us out for dinner to thank us. I kept telling them it absolutely wasn't necessary since I love doing that kind of thing. They insisted and it was yummy.

The rest of the time I've spent doing research and sending messages to Frouf. There is a small chance we could meet up tomorrow if she gets on an early plane into Chicago. I'm excited but a little nervous. I'm VERY extroverted but a little shy when I first meet people. I'm telling myself this is FROUF and not a new person at all. I can't wait to see if she calls tomorrow. Honey Lamb will come with me if I go. I'll keep you all posted.

I MUST go spend some time with him now.

Katpo
09-16-2006, 11:02 PM
If you meet you HAVE to come back and tell us about it! IMMEDIATELY!!

OMG, now I'm getting nervous!! :lol:

septembersgoal
09-16-2006, 11:02 PM
Vickie that's exciting! Let us know!
I've been online most of the day too. I ordered lots of Christmas presents from Vistaprint. I ordered two calendars, one for each mom. I think they'll like them. I made MIL's "A Year of Murphy" because she thinks he is the best thing ever. Every month has a different pic of him. :D

septembersgoal
09-16-2006, 11:03 PM
:lol: That would make me nervous too.
Speaking of that, I guess a trip to KY is nowhere in your future Kathy??

Katpo
09-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Uh ... well, I hesitate to say this, but one of Judd's aunts is really bad with cancer. If something were to happen, I believe we would be coming back. She lives in Winchester, although I think we would be staying at the family farm outside of Liberty, which is in Casey County.

Katpo
09-16-2006, 11:16 PM
I have been receiving orders from Vistaprint all week! :lol: So far, I have my mom, MIL, both SILs, my niece, Erin and Kate, both of the little nieces (who like to write "thank you notes" although they dictate to their mommies), and our admin at work.

septembersgoal
09-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Well that's not a good reason for a trip. I'm sorry to hear that.
My vistaprint stuff is shipping really weird...I have about 5 different orders in and they are shipping at different times from different orders. It's weird, but as long as it all gets here, that's all that matters. :)

Vickie
09-17-2006, 12:14 AM
I loved my labels but didn't care for the stamp. I still have a to do list coming and the calendar. No one I know really gets into note cards. Those looked like fun.

Maybe I could do something for Cindy.

Katpo
09-17-2006, 02:03 AM
I have loved everything, but didn't get a stamp. Today I got another package and I believe that's all. I have another order to make soon, but it will be the oversized postcards and I will use them as a cover for a cookbook I am making for our department. I'm having everyone submit recipes, then will compile them and have them printed and bound at Kinkos. It will be $4 each for the binding, and I can either sell them for $5 or get our program manager to approve funding for all 50 of them, then give the cookbooks to everyone at Christmas. It's still up in the air but either way it gets paid for, I'm going forward with the idea.

I just made a run to Taco Bueno. Judd got home around 11:30 and was pretty tired (plus he stinks from some bar they were sitting in downtown). Isn't it funny that a nonsmoker can smell smoke on someone's clothes? We both pretty much strip at the front door when we come home from somewhere like that because neither of us can stand the smell of cigarettes, let alone how it smells the next day. Ugh.

I'm going to make Judd and Erin some blueberry pancakes in the morning, then he will do the yard will Erin goes to work and I either work on the flowerbeds or laundry. Then we'll go out to the airport for a while. Before I know it, it'll be Monday morning all over again!

Weekends just fly by!

Vickie
09-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Good Morning Chicks! I got up at 5:00 to go to the bathroom and couldn't go back to sleep. Sheesh. I'm VERY tired.

I'm really bummed about my ankle. I hope Frouf makes the earlier flight but I've reseached the terminal she's coming in at and I don't think my ankle will be able to make the trip. O'Hare is just HUGE. It's a long walk from the parking towers (if you can get in them on Sunday) and then the walk through the terminals is probably at least a mile or more. My ankle still hurts to put pressure on it and I don't think I can get into my gym shoe since where it hurts is all around the base of the ankle bone that sticks out on the side. Even if we can't get together in person we'll at least be able to talk on the phone. I'll be able to hear her cute little Canadian accent!

Speaking of get togethers, Kathy, I have nothing currently planned for the the weekend of the 20th. My Sister/BIL's birthday party could either the 14th, 21st, or 28th. She hasn't commited yet because it's a combo party for the two of them and she isn't sure if her Son's party will be the same day and they are trying to coordinate schedules. We have a lot of Fall birthdays and now try to minimize the number of Saturdays that we all have to get together. Personally, it's not a problem for me! So.....that's a long way of saying that we should have no problem meeting you and/or Judd. Even if my ankle is still bad (perish the thought!) we'll be able to drive to meet you part way somewhere. Are you planning on staying in Great Lakes or Downtown? Where we meet will be driven by where you are staying. I'll try to find a great restaurant for us to go to that doesn't have just meat!

Vickie
09-17-2006, 08:43 AM
Wow...I AM tired! I wanted to make the point that we have Friday and Sunday wide open and could maybe do an early meeting on Saturday if, worst case scenario, the party ends up being the weekend that Shaun graduates. October is a GLORIUS time of year here.

Katpo
09-17-2006, 11:54 AM
I think any of those days would be okay; in fact, Shaun will have Liberty and be allowed off-base for Saturday and Sunday during the day. I think he has to be back at 8:00. He won't be able to stay in the barracks Sunday night because they start the demolition early Monday morning, but I think they'll provide a place for them. I don't know what time he flies out Monday but will find out before I make my/our flight arrangements. I'm sure it won't be a problem figuring out something! Oh and I'll try not to eat stinky fish in front of Jim! :lol:

I hope you fiinally got some sleep!