Support Groups - Home of the Loozing Floozies (#90)

4myloves
09-08-2006, 04:12 PM
:welcome2:

Hello :dancer:

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

:welcome:

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!

vouge09
09-08-2006, 06:37 PM
I'd like to introduce myself and say Caio! Man its hard being so italian and being on a diet , low carb of all , no wonder why im so fat haha, you try and resist a canoli or two being thrown into your face!

SuzyMc
09-08-2006, 09:42 PM
How was everyone's Low Fat Friday? I'm like Shelley and pretty much stick to low fat all the time (except when I go for the ice cream) so today's goal was easy for me...no ice cream! ;)

Monica ~ I'm glad to hear that you are off the crutches and getting around some now!
Those grandbabies sure do know how to take their own sweet time don't they? Hopefully you won't have to wait much longer!
Thanks for the chicken recipe...it sounds yummy!

vouge09 ~ Welcome! I understand about the canolis...I'm not even Italian and I find it hard to pass one up! :lol:

Are you all up for tomorrow's goal? Get ready for Sugar Free Saturday! Can you do it? Give it a try...go without sugar for 24 hours!

gdeann
09-08-2006, 11:08 PM
OH MY ACHING HEAD! I'm already having sugar withdrawals from sugar free Saturday and this is Friday! LOL!

I did well with low fat Friday, made great choices all day! I'm sure happy wine is 0 fat, I'm having a glass now...

Welcome Vouge! Post whenever you would like!

Suzy, what will Sunday be? Are you going to cycle the days of the week names or are you always going to come up with something new? I'm so happy you found us, you add such life to our group!

Cheryl, how ya doing sweetie? I hope you didn't get upset by what I wrote. I just want the very best for you.

Lynneye
09-08-2006, 11:16 PM
Finally Friday! Glad the first week of school is over for me!! Took tonight off, no school work and just watched some TV. Rob and I went out to dinner, too! I didn't do very good on Low Fat Friday, but I will try for Sugar Free Saturday! I wasn't horrible today, just not my best.
Bathroom is coming along and should be near done on Sunday!! That is the best news, then I will be hanging out in the tub!!! So exciting!

Welcome Vouge!

Monica, that baby is certainly on it's own schedule! You must be going nuts and your daughter, well, we know how she feels about now!

Hope everyone can check in over the weekend!

SuzyMc
09-09-2006, 09:02 AM
Happy (?) Sugar Free Saturday Floozies!

Gayle ~ All good questions! I'm thinking about Sunday...I'll post about that later tonight. What does everyone think? Do you want to keep recycling the named days of the week, come up with something different for next week, or should we let it go and come up with something totally different?

Debbi ~ You must be so excited now that you can see the end of the bathroom project coming! I know you can't wait to christen that new jacuzzi!

Good luck with today's goal everyone! I'm going to spend the day cutting grass, so good workout for me today plus I'll be outside away from the sugar!

vouge09
09-09-2006, 11:20 AM
I will try my best for low fat friday's but I am doing atkins so that is so diffucult ! I just imagine munching on a shugary , creamy chocolate dipped canoli and I am good enough! I can do no sugar saterday though! Yay! thanks for the welcomes!

1oldbutterball
09-09-2006, 11:27 AM
Good Morning Sugar Free Floozies,

Nothing new on the baby, although her doctor wanted to induce on Monday, she said no way was she picking 9-11 as her baby's birthday. She has another appointment Monday and might be induced Tuesday, but is not looking forward to induction, it is a harder birth.

Vouge- Welcome !!!!! Hope you like are group of ladies. I love pasta, pastries and most Italian food so I wish you good luck. What diet plan are you doing? We have many different ones at the thread. I use basic WW, some are on WW core, while others are on low carbs or low fat. We are a very mixed group.

Suzy - You are doing a GREAT job with these daily goals. Thanks for all your input.

Lynneye - I know your glad that first week of school is over. YEA !!!!! So did you and Rob go somewhere special for dinner?

Debbi - Great news on the bathroom !! I can see the wine and candles ....well almost!

Cheryl - I hope all is okay with you. You are a VERY special person and I know you are aware we are all here for you. God Bless You.

Well I am off to do some floor cleaning, and then to the furniture stores to look for new stuff for the house in Arizona. I just know this place is going to sell this month and I will get to move before winter.

Laater all, Monica

ShelleyM
09-09-2006, 12:14 PM
I'm ready for sugar-free Saturday. Won't be hard for me, since I haven't had any since being on Core. It's been 8 days now, I think. WI wasn't great, only down 1 lb, but since I can't run anymore, I guess that's good.

Suzy-I like changing the names. I just want to see if you can come up with 30 different names in a month!!:) I'm willing to bet you can!

Welcome to all the newbies. Seems to be quite a few with all of Cheryl's new threads!

Monica-I must have missed something. What did you do to hurt yourself? I'm so sorry I haven't ready the posts good enough.

Gayle-Hello??? You, vulgar??? I should say NOT!! I personally loved the avatar and always look forward to your new ones.

alinnell
09-09-2006, 12:36 PM
Sugar free Saturday will be no problem. I totally failed at Fat Fee Friday. DH and I went to lunch and I got a Grilled Cheese sandwhich. :o It was heaven--provolone and pepperjack inside with a parmesan garlic butter on the outside. Then, to follow up, we had burritos at the football game. I can't resist those--they aren't horrible, rice and spicy chicken in a tortilla with lots of salsa. At least I didn't gain yesterday!!!!!

I'm still on track with no wine for, what is it now?, 5 days. Best thing--I'm not feeling deprived and I see that 4 pounds starting to come off. I mentioned in another thread that I had gained 2 pounds at the beginning of September, that is now off, so the next 4 should be a breeze!

Gayle--I did like your avatar. It was pretty humorous!

Monica--where do you live now and what prompted you to move to Arizona? Where in AZ are you headed? My best friend from college lives in Scottsdale and she has a cabin in the mountains near Show Low.

2Frus--you'd better get hoppin' to get in that dress on Nov 4! Best of luck to you.

Deelite
09-09-2006, 01:55 PM
Monica we have a twin neice and nephew that were born on 9-11. The first plane hit then a twin was born the second plane hit the other baby was born. Kinda weird how that happened. I will never forget their birthdays.
Well I hope the baby comes this weekend.
I am glad to hear that you are getting around a little better.

Suzy I love the daily chalenges that you have given us. I am all for another repeat week. That way if we missed a day or want to change our daily chalenge it gives us another chance.
Happy grass cutting.

Debi we all need a night off because that is life. We just have to remember to get right back to it the next day.

Shelley you have been doing great on core. Has your foot improved at all? Hopefully in a few weeks you might be able to jog.

Gayle do you work saturdays? It is nice and sunny out but cool. Last night it was close to freezing. That is below normal. It is suppose to warm up again.
We are closing our pool though and openning up the hot tub. Larry is just working on that right now.

Janice have you closed your pool? Larry thinks I am nuts but I still am outdoors even though it is cool. He bought me one of those heaters that heat the body and not the air. So I sit around it in my pool house and then head out and pick at my flowers. They won't last that much longer.

Well time to head back out under my heater.

Have a good weekend everyone. I will try to do no sugar but today is usually my dessert day. Could change that up for tomorrow though.

SuzyMc
09-09-2006, 09:54 PM
Well I totally blew Sugar Free Saturday...actually I totally blew the whole diet thing today. We went to Wendy's for dinner and I had a burger, fries and a vanilla frosty. Oh well, at least I worked enough today to make up for it and tomorrow is another day, right?

Speaking of tomorrow...awhile ago someone here (sorry, I don't remember who said it) was saying about how we have to own the number on the scale and I remember thinking about how true that statement was. Tomorrow is "Sneak-a-Peek Sunday". It's time to sneak a peek at the scale and own up to the number and adjust your ticker up or down...whichever the case may be. (The way I feel right now I think I'm going to be up about 10 pounds! :eek: )

Lynneye
09-09-2006, 10:04 PM
Unfortunately, I already know which way my ticker will go tomorrow!!!

ShelleyM
09-10-2006, 07:33 AM
I did sneak a peek. I got on the scale at my number I weighed in at yesterday, and the weight thingie was still down. I didn't move it to see what it was down to, though (BTW, I have a dr.'s type scale.) I was so busy yesterday ripping up carpet in my living room, that I didn't have time to eat much.

Gayle, Dee, Suzy, and all you do it yourself ladies-Do any of you know how to acid stain concrete? The concrete under my carpet looks rather good, other than the 3 foot doggie stain. I am thinking of trying to stain it, just to see if I would like it that way, since we really can't get tile or wood at the moment. I don't know what to clean the doggie stain with, and I have no idea how to decorate the floor. I'm sure you ladies have some great tips.

Lynneye
09-10-2006, 08:03 AM
Shelley, there is this stuff, Urine Be Gone, it comes in a spray bottle and is amazing! I can get it at local drug stores and big pet stores. I use it all the time, as my cats get hair balls and they leave stains on my carpet. Works on other stains, not just urine, but my friend uses it on her dogs accidents and it is great.

Deelite
09-10-2006, 01:30 PM
Shelley I would use TSP or muriatic acid. After mixing it with water according to directions immediately rinse throughly. If you go to a hardware store or a paint store I am sure that someone there can assist you on many different ways to paint your floor. You can even paint on tiles or smooch it with plastic or I believe they have a stain you can apply. It is weird for me to hear that you have concrete floors. I don't know why I didn't realize that but I knew that you didn't have a basement.

Suzy I have heard Dr Phil say many times to own the number on the scale. It is a reality check that we sometimes try to ignore or deny.

SuzyMc
09-10-2006, 02:21 PM
Happy (or no so happy, whichever the case may be) Sneak-a-Peek Sunday! :goodscale

I don't know about you all, but today's challenge has been the most painful for me. My ticker is going up 2 pounds today to 148. UGH! :p

I think we'll go with Motivation Monday tomorrow...I'm sure we will all need some extra motivation after the weekend and getting on the scales today!

Shelley ~ I agree with Dee with trying the muriatic acid (I'm not familiar with TSP) to clean the doggie stain.

vouge09
09-10-2006, 02:46 PM
today will be hard as sugar free saturday. I live with my parents and my mom decides to bake up a batch of brownies made from real chocolate bricks!!!!

But to tell the truth i am so into my diet and so motivated I really couldnt let a brownie touch my lips. For some reason I just dont want anything to do with the brownies!!!!!!!!!

Oh wait todays sunday!!!!!!! My how the weekend goes by!!!

Yesterday did I have sugar????

No I did not now that I think! And that was by accident!

1oldbutterball
09-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Hi All,

Well no baby yet, I think it's a girl,,,,we ladies are always late.

Shelley - I have rather large dogs, Irishwolfhounds, that are all (5) rescues. Some of them come to me with no house training, some with emotional problems, etc. I use Nature's Miracle all the time and it works on almost everything, even blood. I have tried Urine be Gone too, but when my troup has an accident it takes to much of it to get the stain out. You might want to try it, you can get it at any pet store. Oh and to update you I fell getting off my horse and messed up my ankle. It is doing better, start PT tomorrow, so we will see.

I did well with no sugar that I know of yesterday. We went to Red Lobster for dinner and I had veggies, salad and crab with lemon and no butter. I think I missed lunch as it is not in my journal. Breakfast was oatmeal and a cup of tea. I did not weigh in today, as I forgot before church, and I always do it first thing in the morning, before I let anything touch my lips.

Has anyone heard from Cheryl ? I hope she is alright.

Vouge - I am proud of you, no brownies...talk about will power. I am baking right now for my granddaughter in college. She e-mail me yesterday asking for cookies. She is so funny, wanted no-fat pringles, low fat rice krispie treats, no- fat pudding and all kinds of candy. She is a vegitarian, and has been since she was 12, even though her family all eats meat. She did a report on how animals were slatered and that was the end of her eating meat.

Well I will WI in the morning and adjust my slider, but I must get to the store before it closes, turkey breasts are on sale. I always keep a few in the freezer for later. You would never know I live alone ( except for the dogs) if you looked in my deep freeze.

Have a good evening all, Monica

Lynneye
09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
I did it, I changed my tracker and not in the direction I really wanted to! Hopefully by next week, I will be changing it in the right direction!

coles
09-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Wow!! You girls have been busy around here. I have been working all week and not really up on whats been going on around here. What day is tomorrow, Moderation, Motivation Monday??
I will weigh in the morning and change my ticker. I know I own the number but wish I didn't.
Dee - We closed the pool last week so its a good reason for me to get back to the gym.
Have a good week everyone.

vouge09
09-10-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the comment Butterball, can I call ya butters? I like that butters! It was so hard. Then we had manicotti and pasta for dinner and I am doing atkins , and my mommy was nice and made me chicken. Tomorow I am going to go jogging at 5:30 a.m. I am going to be so ZZzzzZzzzZZzzzZ tomorow!

gdeann
09-11-2006, 01:09 AM
I like the name Butters too. So cool about your rescues, post a pic sometime. Baby must be a girl if she is this late! LOL!

Vouge, I take it your sister is preggers? Will this be your first time as an aunt? You did great resisting the brownies. GOOD FOR YOU! If you don't mind my asking, you mentioned living at home. About how old are you?

Suzy, I will do sneak a peek Sunday weigh in Monday AM. I was up early for church this morning and forgot to weigh. I know I will have a good reading....yea, right, I am PMSing like crazy.

Janice, nice to see a posting from you.

Shelley, sounds like you got great advice on the concrete. How about treating it, painting and then using area rugs?

Dee, did you guys get your pool winterized? Are you ready for Winter already?

Well, we all know about 9/11. Saying prayers for all the loved ones left behind and sending thank yous to our police officers/firefighters. So many were lost in the line of duty. What a terrible tragedy to happen to our country.

2frustrated
09-11-2006, 07:49 AM
:wave: Yoooohoooo! I totally flunked No-sugar saturday - I was invited out for Pizza Hut and Ice Cream Factory :rolleyes: I think the rest of the day was sugar-free though :chin:

I had a bit of a bad day yesterday - ran 5miles in the midday heat :hot: :doh: and got sunburnt :doh: and sun stroke :doh: and I'm absolutely kicking myself since I've been wearing factor 50 all summer to avoid strap marks for the dress, then I go and brand myself with a white crop top and red shoulder pattern :doh: :doh: :doh: Really stressed me out. :tantrum: PLUS the 5 miles should have been 9. With hindsight I'm not surprised I didn't want to run 9 miles! Who would in the hot? :tape:

I'm taking it easy today - got a belt test tomorrow and I'm going to concentrate on Cardio this week rather than weights, just to see what happens ;)

coles
09-11-2006, 08:07 AM
I weighed myself this morning and am the same. I am more than happy with that as I have not been on program all week.
I need to smarten up! I find it hard when I'm working - the Vending Machine calls me. At least my ticker stays the same. I hope the WW scale agrees with my scale - Weigh in Wednesday.

vouge09
09-11-2006, 08:14 AM
Frustratated readin your post reminded me of readthing these books I used to when I was little when it shoulded a picture with the text , you pressed a button that made noise hahahahah .

I am going to be thinking and prayer for the firemen police and all who helped and died in 9/11.

Gdeann- Yes my sister is preggers for the first time and I am going to be first time aunt to a baby boy. I am so excited and thirilled. She is 21 and she and her husband liive in my house also! i am 17 almost 18 years old.

Also frustrated ?

I commend you on five cause I cant even run a quater mile without passing out. WAY TO GO! So stop beating yourself up over it . Its not worth it. Congrats!

gdeann
09-11-2006, 10:14 AM
HAPPY MOTIVATION/MODERATION MONDAY!!!!!

Vouge, congrats on being a first time aunt. There is no better feeling at your age. It's also cool the baby will be living with you. You two will be side by side instantly.

Janice, great job maintaining through a bad week. I hope the WW scales agree with your on weigh-in.

Frustrated, glad to hear you survived the sunburn and the near heat stroke. This time of year is dangerous because of the cooler weather. We don't stop and think about the sun rays doing as much harm. Good luck on the belt test!

This is a sad day, I feel for so many families today reliving 9/11. Prayers go out to all....

SuzyMc
09-11-2006, 11:26 AM
2frustrated ~ Good luck with your rank test! My son has a black belt in karate, so I know how stressful those tests can be!

Janice ~ Good job maintaining through such a rough week! :hug:

vouge09 ~ How much longer before the baby is due?

Ok everyone, let's share some tips for staying motivated. How do you stay motivated when all you really want to do is sit and eat a whole pan of brownies?

4myloves
09-11-2006, 12:18 PM
Hey everyone!

Things are better now than they were the last time I posted. Stewart and I had (yet another) talk and I told him he really hurt my feelings. He apologized. He's been eating everything I've cooked since then with no complaint. He really does try, I think, he just has his moments. Of course, I have mine, too.

Can you believe I've never had a canoli? Sounds wonderful, though!

Monica, hope that baby gets here soon!

Let's all take a moment to remember. . .

gdeann
09-11-2006, 12:49 PM
I have never had canoli either, Cheryl. Probably a good thing, it sounds dangerous!

Suzy, I have no thoughts on motivation...mine has been at an all time low. SO, I am sitting back to gain suggestions. I did it, I own my number now...sucks big time, but I needed to face the facts. I know it's an excuse but the last 2 years have been so emotional with family health issues, death etc. I have worked at losing but at the same time I have not WORKED at losing. Understand?

Cheryl, maybe Stew just doesn't understand or know how to treat a wife. How is the relationship of his parents? I am all for trying if he is willing, I just don't want you to take any type of poor treatment. You are a fantastic, caring, loving person and should be respected. Stew should feel very lucky to have you in his life.

1oldbutterball
09-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Good Morning M & M Monday Floozies,

Well Let's see, NO baby yet. I just talked to Deirdre, my daughter, and the doctor has agreed with her not to induce yet. She has her children in a birthing center, and really wants to have her last one at the same place. He said she was 3-4 and didn't think she would go much longer. If for some reason the baby is not born by next Monday, he said they will have to induce. I think she just figured wrong, but what do I know, I'm only the grandma.

Butters Hmmmmmmmmm I can live with that !!!!

Well I went to P.T, this morning at 7:30 and to WW at 10 so now I know that I did loose 1 lb. but since I am now in jeans and not shorts I was pleased I had not gained. Alot of my group at WW had a gain this week, but I think it was the heavier clothing. I'll take the loss of a lb over a gain.

They called about my new home in Arizona, it's done and they are ready to close as soon as possible. I told them it would be a few more weeks,,,I will sell this place ..I know.

Janica and Cheryl - glad to see you are both alright. God job on maitaining Janice. Glad things are better Cheryl.

Vouge - Congradulations on the birth of your first nephew. I hope your sister is not as late as my daughter, and that she and the baby are fine.

Shelley - I just got my new consumers report today on how to clean anything, I will try to look through it and see if it has any ideas.

2frustrated - I too am inpressed with anyone that can jog, I was doing well just walking 3 miles. Maybe I will be able to do some walking in a few weeks when the ankle heels.

Well time to pack up all the goodies for my granddaughter and call DHLto pick it up. She might get them tomorrow if I call them now. Take care all.

Monica

Deelite
09-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Cheryl I am glad that you and Steward are getting alone better. Please talk to him as soon as you feel he is treating you unfairly.

Gayle owning the number still makes you the same lovely person and weight you were before you jumped on the scale. It is ok but now you should be encouraged to drop some weight.
Today is a new day.....all those other days are in the past. You can start fresh.
Gayle I am looking at taking a class from Bob Ross. Have you done before the snowfall or oval essace (it is an ocean landscape). If you have which one did you like better and why?

Monica this baby is going to teach you patients. I hope all goes well. You can send over some of those cookies your grand daughter wanted.
The ww leader say that your jeans could weigh 2 pounds. So I am sure you are down more than a pound.

Vogue wow to turn down brownies. Now that is motivation! Let us know how you make out on your test.

Suzy gaining to pounds sucks. I know……….but we can lose it again. It is hard to maintain at exactly the same weight.

Debi what is your plan to lose the extra pounds?

Janice I am usually at the gym more to after we close the pool. Fall is certainly in the air even though the high for today is 24.

2frustrated I know that you are disappointed for not making your goal but pat your self on the back. You did awesome. If you look back to a year ago I bet you have come a long way.

Well I weighed myself this morning. I am still 132. I would like to be in the 120’a again.

MOTIVATION:

I find what works for me is looking at a fat picture that I hide in the kitchen cupboard. I ask myself is this (food) worth it? I don’t want to be there again.

I swear by drinking green tea. I really think it works. Something is working better than it did before and that is one thing that I changed. Just replace coffee or regular tea with green tea or just have a couple of cups a day.

vouge09
09-11-2006, 05:13 PM
The baby is due on jan. 1 . Thanks for asking. Yeah and this morning, i couldnt find anything to eat , and sure enough there are the brownies sitting there on the counter.

SuzyMc
09-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Here's my bit of motivation for this Monday...
Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!
Now if I can just remember to say that to myself when I think I need a cookie! ;)

I'm calling tomorrow "True-Blue Tuesday". Your goal is to be true-blue to your diet plan all day tomorrow without any slip ups! So if you are doing WW then count those points, if you are counting calories then count, write it all down if you are journaling...you get the idea! Everyone should try to be 100% OP tomorrow!

I'm off to the fabric shop with a friend tomorrow and I'll be buying all kinds of luscious quilt fabrics for some upcoming projects. Have a good Tuesday everyone!

2frustrated
09-12-2006, 05:42 AM
:wave: Hello! Thank you for all the kind words everyone!

Speaking of babies... I saw my friend's 2 week old yesterday. He is the sweetest little munchkin man! :lol: I don't think I've really had experience of little babies, being an only child, and my friends haven't started their families yet. I was blown away! :D I can't believe how tiny he was :bb: So lots of big squeals for her! :lol3:

As for motivation, this one is pretty good http://www.skwigg.com/id13.html her whole site is pretty good - and her blog is hilarious!

As for True-Blue Tuesday, sticking to the plan! Not a problem! It's a True-Blue Saturday and True-Blue Sunday that I need! :lol:

:goodvibes:

ShelleyM
09-12-2006, 06:50 AM
Cheryl-I agree with Gayle. I would hate for you to be telling yourself everything is okay, when it really is just lipservice from him.

Dee-Do you know what TSP is? I read on the hgtv site to use it on the stain, but I can't figure out what is actually is.

Suzy-What keeps me motivated? Having all these clothes that I need to be able to fit into. It would be too much for me to get yet another wardrobe. Last night I almost gave in to some baked Lays, but fell asleep instead! Thank goodness for small miracles.

4myloves
09-12-2006, 10:34 AM
Just for a little while, until I can pull my life together.

For a short recap, for newbies who may be interested:

A few months ago one of the higher ups where I work reviewed one of my files--found a "mistake" that he thought I'd made and went off on my "borderline stupidity." And went on and on and on. Wouldn't give me a chance to tell him that the "mistake" had already been taken care of, etc. Made me feel about 2" tall.

Not a good employee.

Last week, Stewart (my DH, for those of you who don't know) got mad at me because I didn't have supper on the table when he got home (tho it was on the table less than 15-20 minutes later) and didn't mow the yard and only washed 4 loads of clothes. Told me I was pathetic.

Not a good wife.

Yesterday, in my day class, I felt like I was doing all of the talking when the teacher asked questions about the assignment. I enjoy the reading. I like to bounce my ideas off of someone I consider to be intelligent, even if I'm "wrong." When we got to the last poem--in the last 10 or so minutes of class--I decided to shut up and give the other people in the room a chance to speak up. You know, stop being the one everyone thinks is trying to be a know-it-all (I'm really NOT--I just enjoy the content of the class!!). So, after the poem is discussed, the prof looks at me and says: "So, why aren't you saying anything? You're usually the 1st one who speaks up?" and I said, "Well, I thought I'd be quite this time and stop embarrising myself." to which she replied: "For the first time this semester, eh?" That didn't really bother me TOO much until I spoke w/my night prof about it yesterday evening. I told him what had been said and he said, "I just don't understand. Maybe you misheard her--it's not like V____ to be intentionally cruel to students." Needless to say, that did not make me feel like the brightest bulb in the box.

Not a good student.

I'm running out of things to be good at.

2frustrated
09-12-2006, 11:05 AM
:hug: But you ARE good!

You are a FANTASTIC person. It's all these other dolts you're dealing with that are not good. Nothing much you can do to remedy these situations now, but 1) The fact that you remedied the mistake before it was spotted shows what a great employee you are 2) So what you didn't have supper on the table, HE certainly didn't have supper on the table for YOU did he? (I usually make this point when DF sounds off about not having any clean shirts... He is perfectly capable of using the washing machine!!!!) and 3) Sounds like you love your class and enjoy it. There is NOTHING a teacher wants more than for their students to enjoy their classes. Trust me, I'm a teacher ;) (of martial arts!)

:hug:

gdeann
09-12-2006, 11:14 AM
Cheryl, I agree with your boss, Stewart and your professor...you are not good at anything.....
were I disagree, is instead of being good, you are outstanding!
MY LIST!
You are a GREAT friend!
You are a great listener!
You are a great comforter!
You are an AWESOME wife!
You are an awesome daughter, sister cousin, niece, granddaughter!
You are a DEVOTED student!
You are an intelligent student!
You are a FOCUSED student!
You are a responsible employee!
My list could go on and on and on!
This is what I wrote in just a minute or two!
I for one DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOU GO FROM THE BOARD FOR AWHILE! I will TRULY MISS YOU! {{{Tears...}}}

Deelite
09-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Cheryl you are a fantastic moderator. We love you. I ditto everything Gayle and2frustrated said. Please stay and we will help you through this.

Shelley TSP is tri sodium phosphate. I hope I spelled that right. It is a powder. Remember to wear gloves and to the area after.

Suzy it is a true blue Tuesday for me. I was right on the button yesterday too.
How true about nothing tastes as good as being thin.

Vouge waiting for a baby as Monica can tell you time goes by so slowly. I remember waiting for my first baby Jay. He was 10 days late and I started expecting him two weeks early. What a site I must have been on my due date. I drank cod liver oil and went out jogging. I was as huge as a whale, I must have looked out of place without the water.

Monica I meant to commend you on great food choices on Sunday. You are doing well.

2frustrated good luck on your black belt test today.

Time to get my day started.

alinnell
09-12-2006, 01:20 PM
I had a good Monday--I ate right and didn't snack or drink any wine! The scale is sticking at 143, but that's okay.

I've had a bit of a tummy ache today (I sometimes experience IBS and I got all crampy this morning--not very delightful while riding in the car with my DD on the way to school and then having to drive back home again). I was planning on a breakfast of berries like yesterday, but opted for raisin bran instead (but still a healthy breakfast). Now I just need to stay away from my desk drawer--my tummy was bothering me, so I grabbed the following from my pantry:2 protein bars and an 8-pack of snacks--little .75 ounce bags of almonds and dried cranberries. Why, oh why, didn't I grab just one bag and leave the protein bars at home? I did pack a good salad for lunch--leftovers from dinner last night.

Cheryl--you've got to quit beating yourself up. It's not about you, its about all those other people and their lousy attitudes!

vouge09
09-12-2006, 05:09 PM
OHH good luck on the blackbelt Cool!!! I wish I knew karate other than tae bo and thats not even karate!

Lynneye
09-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Cheryl, PLEASE come to my college! I would love a student like you! I love to be challenged! Nothing thrills me more than a question from a student who I know is paying attention, trying to understand and then stumps me!!! Then I get to do the research and find the answer before the next class! Keeps me on my toes! I would much rather have someone like you in class, than someone who sits like a bump on a log, bored to tears, not wanting to be there. PLEASE come to Connecticut!!

Vouge, my sister had a baby two years ago in Oct. (I have other nieces and nephews, my sister is 13 years younger than me, so it was years between the last and this one). I never thought Megan would get here!! She was worth every second wait, what a sweetie!! Since then my brother had a little boy (AJ) and he is so much fun!! You will love being an aunt!

Allison, hope you are feeling better tonight!

Dee, if I keep doing as many runs to the dumpster with all the garbage from the bathroom remodel, I will have to lose some of the pounds! Also, belly dance class starts on Friday, I can't wait!!! Unfortunately, when my handyman is here working on the bathroom, I can't exercise. But he should be done in a month with every thing. So I am trying to fit exercise in whenever I can to get some of the pounds off! Also trying to eat better. I have been very bad lately. Any suggestions?

SuzyMc
09-12-2006, 10:57 PM
Get ready for "No Whining Workout and Don't Forget To Drink Your Water Wednesday" again! Kick that workout up a notch tomorrow and make sure you drink your water!

Cheryl ~ I can't echo what everyone else has said loud enough! You are a wonderful, wonderful lady! Devoted, sensitive, talented...the list goes on and on and I don't care what anyone else says...YOU ARE THE BEST! :hug:

Allison ~ I hope your feeling better soon!

Debbi ~ I'm thinking about printing "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels!" and putting it on the refrigerator and the cookie jar and the cupboard doors... :lol:

gdeann
09-13-2006, 12:32 AM
WHOA THERE LASSIE!

STOP!

A new thread has been started! Join us on #91!!!